The Apprentice vs Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Wil
The Apprentice from the force unleased

vs

Kratos from GoW2

Who is the winner?

Gumachi
God Kratos? Or Mortal Kratos?

ThunderGodEneru
Which Kratos?

Ultimate Wil
Ultimate form of Kratos, his strongest form

ThunderGodEneru
Well that is either God Kratos or current Kratos.

Question is whether or not Kratos is physically strong enough to resist Galen Marek's TK.

Nemesis X
Starkiller murders Kratos.

MadMel
the outside of the body might be able to withstand marek slamming him all over the place, but i doubt it'll make much difference if galen simply crushed is brain erm

ThunderGodEneru
Hm. You're right. He has done that.

Galen Marek wins.

Gumachi
If God Kratos, Kratos has TK also, he would just make Galen's head explode, and set him on fire. Or summon 999,999 Cyclops, Sirens, Anti-Galens, Minotaurs, Cerberus, etc.

ArtificialGlory
Who are Anti-Galens?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Who are Anti-Galens?

Goober is anti-galen awesome

icu311
Originally posted by Gumachi
If God Kratos, Kratos has TK also, he would just make Galen's head explode, and set him on fire. Or summon 999,999 Cyclops, Sirens, Anti-Galens, Minotaurs, Cerberus, etc.

Not that I disagree that Kratos would win, but what TK are you talking about? The only TK he has displayed is that which he uses to control the Blades of Chaos/Athena.

KakashiKun
Medusa's gaze will solve everything.

Ultimate Wil
Can he use <adusa's Gaze before he crushes his neck?

Gumachi
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Who are Anti-Galens?

When Ares put Kratos into an illusion. "Anti-Kratos"

Originally posted by icu311
Not that I disagree that Kratos would win, but what TK are you talking about? The only TK he has displayed is that which he uses to control the Blades of Chaos/Athena.

It's a cutscene in GOW.

Kratos would just step on Galen, can Galen stop Kratos crushing HIS NECK? He would just lift him up and snap his back. Can Galen stop 999,999 creatures? Kratos is the equvilantof Ares, so he can do everything Ares did.

"He was able to kill the Barbarians with ease by clapping his hands together, causing the men to burst into flames, be lifted into the air, snapped in half, as well as other brutal methods. He also had the ability to reclaim the Blades of Chaos and control them by means of telekinesis, while tormenting Kratos' mind. Ares also had the power of teleportation, launching fireballs, and the ability to materialize various weapons such as a gigantic war hammer, a fiery axe, and a fiery sword. "

http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Ares

ThunderGodEneru
God Kratos would stomp, yeah.

KakashiKun
Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
Can he use <adusa's Gaze before he crushes his neck?
In a flash.

k1Lla441
kratos could probably resist the outside force like you guys were saying, which would give him probably just enough time to use medusas gaze flash or something else, assuming that galens brain exploding powers arent as instantaneous as his hand gestures.

Final Blaxican
The force is instantaneous unless it's a physical attack like lightning.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
The force is instantaneous unless it's a physical attack like lightning.
even brain exploding?

Burning thought
God kratos would stomp wtf? it would be exactley the same only the far more sluggish God kratos would have even a harder time if Malek was joking. You just said he pulled a Star destroyer out of orbit....

their enormous, if he can do that, he could toss God kratos across Greece

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Burning thought
God kratos would stomp wtf? it would be exactley the same only the far more sluggish God kratos would have even a harder time if Malek was joking. You just said he pulled a Star destroyer out of orbit....

small kratos with god powers stopped a giant collosus' massive foot full force from crushing him, and then proceded to throw him a mile away. I dont wanna know how strong big kratos is.

ThunderGodEneru

their enormous, if he can do that, he could toss God kratos across Greece Base Kratos is a full God, meaning he has an ultra dense body along with his collossal size, and base Kratos alone is phenomenolly physically powerful, God Kratos given his size would chuck a Star Destroyer.

And God Kratos is even more powerful than Ares, who IIRC killed an army with TK in an instant.

Gumachi

Right after Kratos pops his head, puts him on fire, lifts him up with his TK, crush him like the bug he is, puts him in a illusion, or snaps his ass like the toothpick he is? Hades' Souls? IDK how strong Kratos is when he is a giant. Kratos would be able to teleport also. Kratos would probably be able to stone Galen. If he's a full-godI don't see how Galen can stop the flash-range. If Galen can even TK a full god.

ThunderGodEneru
Ares would have beaten Zeus?

Wtf are you smoking?

Gumachi
WTF are you talking about? I mean when Ares was angry with Zeus, and he was pissed at Zeus for "casting his favor on Athena. "

First_Tsurugi06
He wouldn't have even if he could. Aside from Zeus making it so the Gods couldn't wage war with eachother (directly. That's why Ares destroyed Athens), Zeus' place as the most powerful God amongst the Olympians had no implication of being tarnished until Kratos became the new God of War, where his power and destructiveness were supposedley increasing too muhc for Zeus' comfort.

Gumachi
WTF are you talking about? I mean when Ares was angry with Zeus, and he was pissed at Zeus for "casting his favor on Athena. "

He would have popped Zeus head.

Gumachi
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
He wouldn't have even if he could. Aside from Zeus making it so the Gods couldn't wage war with eachother (directly. That's why Ares destroyed Athens), Zeus' place as the most powerful God amongst the Olympians had no implication of being tarnished until Kratos became the new God of War, where his power and destructiveness were supposedley increasing too muhc for Zeus' comfort.

That's what I find ironic. Ares destroyed Athens, he was stilling following the "rules." But wouldn't Zeus know what Kratos would have done/or what would have happened? I guess he tried to prevent a way like the Titan-God war. What I don't understand is, when Zeus/Athena wanted to stop Kratos from destroying Greece, why did Zeus destroy greece? When it came to Ares, Persephone, Atlas, Morphesues. I guess Kratos finally looked like the "good guy" he looked like the savior of the Gods.

First_Tsurugi06
Zeus only destroyed Sparta to my recollection. Reason being 1. Kratos was originally a Spartan warlord, and it was the Spartan army he was sending out to destroy other cities, and 2. The Spartans worshipped Kratos as their lord presumaably over Zeus. Zeus was trying to stop Kratos from getting any stronger, because he thought eventually, Kratos would overthrow him as Zeus had overthrown his father Cronos, who overthrew his father. It's as he said when he killed Kratos: "The cycle ends here."

First_Tsurugi06
He would have popped Zeus head.

Speaking rationally, there's no reason Zeus, being more powerful than any of the other Gods, would be in any way effected by Ares if they ever did fight, or that Zeus lacks any kind of similar power.

Gumachi
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Zeus only destroyed Sparta to my recollection. Reason being 1. Kratos was originally a Spartan warlord, and it was the Spartan army he was sending out to destroy other cities, and 2. The Spartans worshipped Kratos as their lord presumaably over Zeus. Zeus was trying to stop Kratos from getting any stronger, because he thought eventually, Kratos would overthrow him as Zeus had overthrown his father Cronos, who overthrew his father. It's as he said when he killed Kratos: "The cycle ends here."

He was destroying the city of greece, atleast from what it LOOKED like. Didn't Zeus learn his lesson? Trying to kill his son only makes it worse. At the end of God of War II Zeus said: "We are who the mortals worship. " Anyway, Zeus could care about anyone. Thanks for telling me this though.

First_Tsurugi06
It was Sparta in specific. This was even STATED.

Gumachi
When you killed the last spartan? I never really payed attention, nor could I barely hear what he was saying.

OMG-Toothpaste
To me this fight seems completely one sided, since Kratos is equivalent to a god, and can set Starkiller on fire with but a thought, then the fight obviously goes to Kratos.

But as for those 999,999 creatures. The guy brought down a Star Destroyer, kills Rancors, AT-STs, Tie Fighters, and many more nasty things with a lightsaber (and come Force assistance). I think he'd do fine against the summoned monsters.

But because Kratos is a god and therefore technically immortal then the fight is automatically won by him since Starkiller can't kill what can never die.

MadMel
GOW gods can definitely die..this was proved when ares and athena died at kratos' hands..
and thats not entirely true..
kain is immortal, but he can be defeated..
also, there are multiple definitions of "immortal"..lotr elves are immortal, because if unharmed, they live forever...the vizier in POP 3 was immortal, as they only thing that could kill him was the dagger of time...sephiroth constantly comes back from the dead, or lifestream or whatever, so he can be considered immortal erm

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by MadMel
GOW gods can definitely die..this was proved when ares and athena died at kratos' hands..

Not by normal means they can't. Every time a God died in GoW, it's due to the fact that Kratos was weielding the power of a God/weapon with said power. Otherwise, they virtually are immortal.

MadMel
not true, all pandora's box did was make kratos larger, the only godly power it gave him was size..other than that, it was his own natural fighting skills, speed and strength (proportioned to fit his new size) that defeated ares erm

KakashiKun
not true, all pandora's box did was make kratos larger, the only godly power it gave him was size..other than that, it was his own natural fighting skills, speed and strength (proportioned to fit his new size) that defeated ares erm
Not to defend Ares, (as he was indeed a B*tch), but didn't Kratos like, stab him in the heart with a special kind of sword? (never finished number one so i'm asking)

ThunderGodEneru
not true, all pandora's box did was make kratos larger, the only godly power it gave him was size..other than that, it was his own natural fighting skills, speed and strength (proportioned to fit his new size) that defeated ares erm Actually he killed him with the Sword of the Gods.

First_Tsurugi06

Wrong. The narration alone confirms Kratos was imbued with the power of the Gods, as well as the weapon that the Gods gave to Kratos after he los the Blades of Chaos.

Allankles
I dislike how GOW makes the gods punks. I mean I love the gameplay and I like Kratos but all this punking of gods just rubs me the wrong way.

I always liked mythology but the gods should be above getting killed by mortals. In Norse myths only trolls were strong enough to take the gods.

ThunderGodEneru
Kratos isn't a mortal.

Gumachi
Originally posted by Allankles
I dislike how GOW makes the gods punks. I mean I love the gameplay and I like Kratos but all this punking of gods just rubs me the wrong way.

I always liked mythology but the gods should be above getting killed by mortals. In Norse myths only trolls were strong enough to take the gods.

In Greek Myth, Ares got beat by humans. He was hurt badly and had to run.

Gumachi
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Kratos isn't a mortal.

As a God no, but any other Kratos=mortal, it's been said plenty of times. Even Demigods were mortal, I would say he was a "TRUE" demigod at the beginning of God of War II with half of his powers drained.

Gumachi
LghW79GQRwo

@1:04 Gaia "The powers of the Gods unleashed"

First_Tsurugi06
Ares meant that more figuratively than literally, if anything. What with him subsequently spending the entire fight spouting curses at Kratos.

Gumachi
Well either way he has a mortal and god form.

occultdestroyer
Kratos isn't a mortal.
thumb up

He is, after all, a son of Zeus.

We don't even have an idea who his mother is.. if she was a human or a goddess.(Most probably a human)

Burning thought
If it was a goddess he would have been born 100% god so it has to be human. Kratos has never been human, hes 100% demi-god altho that is debatable now that he is holding the blade of Olmypus, amy theorise he has his God powers when holding it.

Burning thought
Base Kratos is a full God, meaning he has an ultra dense body along with his collossal size, and base Kratos alone is phenomenolly physically powerful, God Kratos given his size would chuck a Star Destroyer.

And God Kratos is even more powerful than Ares, who IIRC killed an army with TK in an instant.

wtf, chuck a stardestroyer? Stardestroyers are huge:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_II-class_Star_Destroyer

1600 meters, almost an entire mile long

And Kratos had some difficulty tossing Colossus of Rhodes which would be miniscule in comparison to a star destroyer, the colossus of rhodes is what? 30 meters tall lol......

you think kratos has the strength to toss something over 50 times bigger? And thats the thing itself, if it had a crew complemant (it did when Apprentice pulled it down?) it would weigh even more. Then take into account its engines thrust.

Gumachi
If it was a goddess he would have been born 100% god so it has to be human. Kratos has never been human, hes 100% demi-god altho that is debatable now that he is holding the blade of Olmypus, amy theorise he has his God powers when holding it.

Kratos has a human mother, so he is a demigod as you said, if he wasn't a mortal, Athena wouldn't have made him a God. "God powers", but if your counting the thing Zeus has done, you have to remember that Zeus /a god/ was holding The Blade, and not Kratos. He may have power but I doubt that, because theoretcially he wouldn't have been servely injured or nearly got bbq by Zeus.

Gumachi
wtf, chuck a stardestroyer? Stardestroyers are huge:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_II-class_Star_Destroyer

1600 meters, almost an entire mile long

And Kratos had some difficulty tossing Colossus of Rhodes which would be miniscule in comparison to a star destroyer, the colossus of rhodes is what? 30 meters tall lol......

you think kratos has the strength to toss something over 50 times bigger? And thats the thing itself, if it had a crew complemant (it did when Apprentice pulled it down?) it would weigh even more. Then take into account its engines thrust.

BT, you also have to realize that Kratos had half of his powers drained, and not only that he was in his "small" form.

Burning thought
Size matters little in this context, all of Kratos' strength is not from size, the fact he can still toss the Colossus at human size is proof of that, the fact remains his power was only drained by an amount we do not know. We cannot assume his strength was drained, all we can actually see is Zeus took away his size.

Furthermore even if we assume half of his strength was taken away, double the height of the colossus of rhodes and you still only get 60 meters....that star destroyer is not only 1600 meters, full of crew and is a fat ship as well. It has more mass than the Colossus, it is made of high density materials that are made to protect against weapons of the Star wars era as well, meaning its going to be heavier than bronze even IF we stupidly assume the armour of a Star destroyer is as thin as the metal on the colossus.

Either way, i think TGE was completly wrong and did not understand what he was saying.

Gumachi
Technially, some ofyour powers were drained, because he took most of your godly powers; Roman Soldier: "By the Gods, he's killed them all! He still has some of the
powers of a god! Ruuuunn!"

Good point, but when he is big there is no telling how much he can lift. Because Kratos when he was big easily knocked down a building, but in his small form, hecouldn't have done that. But remember in God of War II, when you tried to move Typhon'shand? And Gaia said: "You do not have enough power to lift the fingers of the great Titan. "

Burning thought
Well there is telling, because he is still miniscule to the star destroyer, he has zero feats of lifting much in his large form.

He would have easily smashed that building to the ground, unless your saying the colossus of rhodes which is made of a stronger material AND is far larger than that building being thrown is less impressive?

When he was trying to lift Typhons fingers, he had zero God powers, they were drained into the blade of Olmypus by then.

Gumachi
Well there is telling, because he is still miniscule to the star destroyer, he has zero feats of lifting much in his large form.

He would have easily smashed that building to the ground, unless your saying the colossus of rhodes which is made of a stronger material AND is far larger than that building being thrown is less impressive?

He could lift tons i'm shure. He probably could lift up a Titan.

As a God, you think Kratos in his small form could smash a building to a ground?

Burning thought
lmao.......no Gumachi, no....Kratos could never lift up a Titan

He could easily, he tossed the Colossus of Rhodes, he can smash the roof off of a stone building.

Gumachi
NVM, I thought Hades lifted up a Titan.

ThunderGodEneru
Hades restrained one with leverage.

Still impressive.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
thumb up

He is, after all, a son of Zeus.

Relevance?

Hercules was killed by a ****ing centaur in real mythology.

Burning thought
I think Gumachi and maybe even Occultdestroyer are relying too much on titles, especially Gumachi and his "most powerful Dark god" and "God" terms, debates are done by powers, feats and official legit info. Not some random assumptions because they have an impressive title.

Gumachi
The same way you throwtitles around. Or do you...?

Burning thought
no

Gumachi
Well the fact is, he was"the most POWERFUL evil god".

Burning thought
In the DMC universe, which is not saying much

Gumachi
And?

Burning thought
well then stop trying to use the title he has gained, its a title, nothing more, so constantly saying that is as worthless as me constantly saying "Zeus is the King of the Gods so he winz!"

Gumachi
Meaning?

Naw, just jokin' with ya.

Gumachi
So is it possible mortal Kratos can resist Galen's TK?

ThunderGodEneru
Mortal Kratos doesn't exist.

If you mean base, Demi-God, I doubt it considering Galen's TK feats.

Gumachi
Zeus called Kratos a mortal at the end of God of War II.

Wei Phoenix
Zeus called Kratos a mortal at the end of God of War II.

The fact that he's the father of Kratos already makes him a demi-god.

Gumachi
That doesn't mean he isn't a mortal. Demi-gods were called mortals (Hercules was called a mortal).

Wei Phoenix
That doesn't mean he isn't a mortal. Demi-gods were called mortals (Hercules was called a mortal).

A demi-god is half god half mortal. Its like calling a mixed white and black guy "Black".

Gumachi
They're called "mortals" means they are vurnable to death (I think). Either way, he was called a mortal by Zeus.

Wei Phoenix
Doesn't matter what he called him, he's still a demi-god. Zeus can die as well and we all know Athena could too so are they mortals?

Gumachi
I guess so, lol. But I guess in the God of War universe he is considered a mortal (then again it's different in DMC). Maybe he can die like one? I don't know.

ThunderGodEneru
Yes, Kratos is mortal in the sense that he can be killed by more conventional means(although they have to be pretty powerful).

For a God, or immortal, like Zeus, it takes powerful artifacts like Pandora's Box or the Blade of Olympus, since they possess Godly power within them.

EDIT: Although that raises the question of how the fvck Kratos killed the Sisters of Fate? Are they not true immortals then?

Gumachi
I don't think he killed them, but trapped them in a mirror. Because...Clotho was killed by getting impaled in the head (and in the myths Zeus got his hea split, and he was fine and dandy).

Anyway, immortal is different from being invincible.

Off-topic: That Star-Destroyer thing Starkiller pulled down, is they it as big as a Titan (a Titan is 2x taller than the Empire State Building, and as for the Colossus Statue...it fits into a Titan's hand--talking gameplay scale--and they are 6x the size of a God)?

ThunderGodEneru
A Star Destroyer is I think like 2 Kilometers long or more.

Q'Anilia

Gumachi
I just saw the ship and that thing is big as FVCK.

Gumachi
n-94hLNqSXg

Q'Anilia
That's something between 0.9 and 1.5 I think in length. Obsidian Fury is better when it comes to technology and ships. Ask her stick out tongue

Obsidian Fury
That's an "Imperial I-class Star Destroyer", so 1600 meters long.

Gumachi
Yes, Kratos is mortal in the sense that he can be killed by more conventional means(although they have to be pretty powerful).

Aparently he can die like Theseus/Perseus did (Theseus was the son of Poseidon/Perseus was the son of Zeus). Hell, even Kratos could drown (if it wasn't for Posiedon's Trident). The Gods arn't truly immortal like Achillies (minus his heels).

Phanteros
Aparently he can die like Theseus/Perseus did (Theseus was the son of Poseidon/Perseus was the son of Zeus). Hell, even Kratos could drown (if it wasn't for Posiedon's Trident). The Gods arn't truly immortal like Achillies (minus his heels). they can only be killed by the BoO. the demi gods can very such as achilles being immune to damage and Hecter can be harm by weapons.

Gumachi
Nowhere does it say they can only be killed by the BoO. Persephone was killed by Zeus' Gaunlet. I don't need to state the rest. What? If you're saying they can be immune to damage like Achillies, then no.

Phanteros
Nowhere does it say they can only be killed by the BoO. Persephone was killed by Zeus' Gaunlet. I don't need to state the rest. What? If you're saying they can be immune to damage like Achillies, then no. well no shit. i mean everything zeus makes is design to kill gods. Pandorabox, Zeus gauntlet, the blade of olympus.

Gumachi
Probably...so. But I think Kratos killed a God in Betrayal.

Phanteros
Probably...so. But I think Kratos killed a God in Betrayal. it was just a messenger.

Gumachi
Really? I heard he was a god. I went to God of War wikia for this.

Phanteros
Really? I heard he was a god. I went to God of War wikia for this. nevermind i recheck he is a god, but Kratos was still a god at the time

The Valiant
Starkiller stomps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.