Cosmic (Monitor) Armored Superman, and Mandrakk vs Classic Beyonder and -Molecule man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astner
Oh no you didn't!

But on a more serious note I'm interested in people's thoughts regarding this battle.

Nestical
anything with pre ret beyonder should be spite

Nihilist
Beyonder solo's

Slaanesh
beyonder solo

skygunner41
Loeb interfere.

xJLxKing
Superman evolves to stop them all and kills them. He solos

fangirl101
Classic Beyonder Wanking knows no end. He beats Everyone including TOAA and the Presence. You know cuz he actually has defeated beings like The LT on panel and all.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by fangirl101
Classic Beyonder Wanking knows no end. He beats Everyone including TOAA and the Presence. You know cuz he actually has defeated beings like The LT on panel and all.
Beyonder= ultimate threat big grin

Galan007
Team 1.

iceman24567
This is going to get ugly laughing

Zack Fair
Originally posted by iceman24567
This is going to get ugly laughing

This will become the 103th PR Beyonder respect thread. awesome

iceman24567
Maybe Mr. Master will be occupied with the Superbowl no expression

Zack Fair
Lies uhuh

Silent Guardian
Beyonder easy

cloud102
Team 1. Though, Superman's cosmic armor is really not defined. Yeah, he can take on any threat, but where does it STOP?!

Philosophía
Originally posted by cloud102
he can take on any threat, but where does it STOP?!

Lulz.

Mindset
Classic Beyonder Wanking knows no end. He beats Everyone including TOAA and the Presence. You know cuz he actually has defeated beings like The LT on panel and all. Cry more

cloud102

xJLxKing
People you can't take down Superman in his armor. It will adapt to become stronger then the foe. It seems Beyonder is the strongest foe, so superman armor will just be better then him.

Superman in his armor is almost unbeatable

cloud102
Originally posted by xJLxKing
People you can't take down Superman in his armor. It will adapt to become stronger then the foe. It seems Beyonder is the strongest foe, so superman armor will just be better then him.

Superman in his armor is almost unbeatable

I bet the Primal Monitor can take him.

Mindset

Superman in his armor is almost unbeatable Beyonder will just make his own armor. smile

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
Beyonder will just make his own armor. smile
And then Superman will adapt big grin mad

Philosophía
You always get a kick out of me, huh? I take it, Superman stops right before God, which means right after Beyonder? wink

I was laughing at you saying that it can take any threat, and then asking where does it stop.

I don't care about the Beyonder to be honest, and feeding bite-threads like this isn't really my style, so I'm not going to answer that. smile

iceman24567
Team 1. Though, Superman's cosmic armor is really not defined. Yeah, he can take on any threat, but where does it STOP?! It stops when Loeb quits writing forever he isnt the least bit consistent look what he did to Heroes sad

Mindset
And then Superman will adapt big grin mad Beyonder's already adapted to his adaptation.

cloud102

xJLxKing
Beyonder's already adapted to his adaptation.
But Superman adaptation is better then any adaptation which is will adopt to even a better adaptat......

Mindset
Rape?

Mindset
But Superman adaptation is better then any adaptation which is will adopt to even a better adaptat...... Too late, Beyonder already adapted a better adaptation.

Philosophía
I will hold you down, until you speak!

*dramatic ARrghh*

Yes, he is literally just short of a supreme being.

xJLxKing
Rape?
What the f**k?
where did that come from?

Zack Fair
But Superman adaptation is better then any adaptation which is will adopt to even a better adaptat......

over

Philosophía
What the f**k?
where did that come from?

My pants.

xJLxKing

cloud102

Mindset
Beyonder is the Supreme being in DC, but when he came to Marvel he was weaker than TOAA.

iceman24567
The Beyoder is a wanker and he looks like a Hispanic young Michael Jackson

Mindset
He looks like Donny Osmond

Enyalus
Team Two. Easily.

Batman-Prime
Hm, I wonder how many people, who voted, actually read Superman Beyond and FC... smile

Mindset
I wonder how many people actually read Secret Wars 2, I bet it's less than those who read FC/SM:B

Enyalus
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Hm, I wonder how many people, who voted, actually read Superman Beyond and FC... smile

What's strange is people saying that anyone under a Supreme Being would lose to Cosmic Armor Superman, and then giving the win to Team One here...when Beyonder actually was a Supreme Being of his own reality that dwarfed the MU in size (which in turn dwarves the DCU in size).

Hypocrisy.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Enyalus
What's strange is people saying that anyone under a Supreme Being would lose to Cosmic Armor Superman, and then giving the win to Team One here...when Beyonder actually was a Supreme Being of his own reality that dwarfed the MU in size (which in turn dwarves the DCU in size).

Hypocrisy.

The MU dwarves the DCU in size?

Yeah, Hypocrisy fits.

Batman-Prime
I wonder how many people actually read Secret Wars 2, I bet it's less than those who read FC/SM:B

I don't think so wink

Enyalus
The MU dwarves the DCU in size?

DCU is 52 universes, plus 12 dimensions or so.

It's the truth. And a blatant observation.

Mindset
I do.

Most people probably just saw the respect thread.

Batman-Prime

It's the truth. And a blatant observation.

Truth is a bold word when one talks about the Universal concepts of two different companies smile

Enyalus
Truth is a bold word when one talks about the Universal concepts of two different companies smile

52 universes for one company. Infinite universes for another.

Last time I checked, infinity is larger than 52. I didn't say Marvel was better than DC. I said the Marvel omniverse was larger. Which, empirically speaking - is true. And Beyonder's realm was much larger than Marvel's. And he was Supreme in it.

Which is why it makes no sense for someone to say 'Superman in his cosmic armor should beat anyone under a Supreme Being' and then say that he solos or that Team One wins here.

I made a factual observation. That's all.

Batman-Prime
I do.

Most people probably just saw the respect thread.

Another Question if you don't mind smile

There seems to be an hardcore Marvel and an Hardcore DC faction.

If someone from the DC faction knows both comics, which team would he choose?

If someone from the Marvel faction knows both comics, which team would he choose?

Galan007

It's the truth. And a blatant observation. It's infinite according to Rip. *shrug*

Mindset
Another Question if you don't mind smile

There seems to be an hardcore Marvel and an Hardcore DC faction.

If someone from the DC faction knows both comics, which team would he choose?

If someone from the Marvel faction knows both comics, which team would he choose? I don't care.

Batman-Prime
I don't care.

I understand big grin

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
It's infinite according to Rip. *shrug*

I know. But FC is more recent, and disagrees...*shrugs too*

Galan007
I know. But FC is more recent, and disagrees...*shrugs too* Right, but Rip always seems to speak from an 'outside of the box' type of perspective. Meh, who really knows?

Enyalus
Meh, who really knows?

The Monitors?

And as much as I don't like Morrison's DC work, the dude knows his cosmic stuff.

Galan007
The Monitors? Or do they? mmm

Rip always seems to know more than the 'experts.'

Knowsbleed33
Team 2.

Feats>No feats.

TricksterPriest
52 multiverses. That's not so little. And Marvel needs to be slapped for using the term 'omniverse'.

Enyalus
Or do they? mmm

Rip always seems to know more than the 'experts.'

Rip is quite the badass. And to me, the Monitors are f*cking useless entities. I'll agree with you just because Rip > Monitors in sheer coolness.

Knowsbleed33
Why?

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
52 multiverses. That's not so little. And Marvel needs to be slapped for using the term 'omniverse'.

Thought it was 52 universes...plus other dimensions, which are separate from those universes. Meaning, there are 52 universes. And then there are 12 or so other dimensions. Not, there are 52 universes, each with their own dozen dimensions in them.

But regardless, I didn't call the DCU little. I just stated the obvious - that being that the MU is larger. And there's no shame in that....nor was I attempting to disrespect DC.

Galan007
Rip is quite the badass. And to me, the Monitors are f*cking useless entities. I'll agree with you just because Rip > Monitors in sheer coolness. Rip is always a few steps ahead of everyone, as far as knowing what's what regarding the DCU. If you remember, he was the one who introduced hypertime itself, and even showed quite a thorough knowledge of it. I'd believe him over anyone (especially the Monitors.)

And yes, he is WAY cooler. *h5*

TricksterPriest
's cool. I just hate the term omniverse. stick out tongue

Marvel may be larger nowadays. Just pointing out that it's much more likely that it's 52 multiverses rather than universes.

cloud102
The real battle is Beyonder Vs Cosmic Armor Superman.

Slaanesh
and beyonder will win with just a thought..

I'm Bran
Just pointing out that it's much more likely that it's 52 multiverses rather than universes. Where was that said?

Or are we following the 'Unnamed' line of logic that has Universe meaning Multiverse/Omniverse/Everything; when Multiverse was never stated?

Every number last I checked was a universe...

shokosugi
Supes wins

Knowsbleed33
How does this relatively featless Superman beat the Beyonder who has countless high end feats?

Galan007
'countless'

lulz.

Knowsbleed33
You dispute this?

Galan007
Yep.

Mindset
Well, anyway, Donny Osmond solos.

If they're lucky maybe he'll cure their aids.

ThunderGodEneru
Well, anyway, Donny Osmond solos.

If they're lucky maybe he'll cure their aids. This post was made of win.

Knowsbleed33
Yep.

I await your arguement.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I await your arguement.

You used the word 'countless.'

Which is clearly not true. stick out tongue He was picking on that.

Knowsbleed33
Clearly? How so?

Galan007
You used the word 'countless.'

Which is clearly not true. stick out tongue He was picking on that. There ya go. thumb up

Clearly? How so? Because you can count how many feats he has? srsly

Knowsbleed33
Goodness. Did you think I literally meant he has infinite feats?

He has WAY more than these 2 characters that seem to be getting the ultimate wanking these days.

Enyalus
Goodness. Did you think I literally meant he has infinite feats?

He has WAY more than these 2 characters that seem to be getting the ultimate wanking these days.

Galan is a picky bastard who likes to play with language.

Galan007
He has WAY more than these 2 characters that seem to be getting the ultimate wanking these days. You mustn't read many Beyonder threads if you think these two are wanked. srsly

Galan is a picky bastard who likes to play with language. embarrasment

Knowsbleed33
A flaw.

ThunderGodEneru
Galan is a picky bastard who likes to play with language. What else does he play with my good man? mmm

Enyalus
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
What else does he play with my good man? mmm

Three week old dead and sodomized kittens.

ThunderGodEneru
Three week old dead and sodomized kittens. Sodomizing kittens is overrated, the neck hole is better, you gotta decapitate them though.

Now on a serious notes, what are t3h feats of this Cosmic Armored Superman? mmm

cloud102
Three week old dead and sodomized kittens.

What level do you see Superman at?

Enyalus
What level do you see Superman at?

This version of Superman is clearly multiversal. I wouldn't put him over high abstracts like Lucifer or LT, though (because I know those two have come up in previous debates.) And I wouldn't put him over either PR MM or PR Beyonder, either.

And most of the uber descriptions in the comic were because of the plane of existence he was on...fighting on a plane of basically primal concepts. Not because Superman's actual level of power was that great.

cloud102
This version of Superman is clearly multiversal. I wouldn't put him over high abstracts like Lucifer or LT, though (because I know those two have come up in previous debates.) And I wouldn't put him over either PR MM or PR Beyonder, either.

So you think "defeat any foe" is just hyperbole and no truth to it whatsoever? I think it CAN go either way, so I really don't think it's set in stone.

Enyalus
So you think "defeat any foe" is just hyperbole and no truth to it whatsoever? I think it CAN go either way, so I really don't think it's set in stone.

It's a classic no-limits fallacy. Who was the armor designed by? Monitors. And Monitor tech, while a-****ing-mazing, isn't going to turn Superman into the Be-All-End-All being. If someone put him up against Yahweh, do you think the majority would give Superman the win then? Afterall, it did say 'any foe'. That'd include God, right?

Same type of stuff was said about Doomsday when he was first introduced, and in H/P, and in the DD annual. By Darkseid himself, no less.

Knowsbleed33

And most of the uber descriptions in the comic were because of the plane of existence he was on...fighting on a plane of basically primal concepts. Not because Superman's actual level of power was that great.

cloud102
It's a classic no-limits fallacy. Who was the armor designed by? Monitors. And Monitor tech, while a-****ing-mazing, isn't going to turn Superman into the Be-All-End-All being. If someone put him up against Yahweh, do you think the majority would give Superman the win then? Afterall, it did say 'any foe'. That'd include God, right?

Same type of stuff was said about Doomsday when he was first introduced, and in H/P, and in the DD annual. By Darkseid himself, no less.

But wasn't there MORE than Superman in the armor to begin with?

fangirl101
52 universes for one company. Infinite universes for another.

Last time I checked, infinity is larger than 52. I didn't say Marvel was better than DC. I said the Marvel omniverse was larger. Which, empirically speaking - is true. And Beyonder's realm was much larger than Marvel's. And he was Supreme in it.

Which is why it makes no sense for someone to say 'Superman in his cosmic armor should beat anyone under a Supreme Being' and then say that he solos or that Team One wins here.

I made a factual observation. That's all.
Poor thing. you didn't know that each of the 52 actually spins off it's own mutliverse. Nope. You didn't. It's 52 verses.

Enyalus
But wasn't there MORE than Superman in the armor to begin with?

The Captain Atom Superman (you probably remember his name, I only remember 'Allen') killed Superman by fusing him with his anti-matter counterpart, Ultraman. The energy released he directed to a higher plane...the Plane of Forms (Sorry, I love Plato so I'm using that terminology wink) ....Which, if I understood the story, is at the edge of Creation and closest to the Primal Monitor's consciousness. Which is why a pan-dimension like Limbo seemed so insignificant to Superman while he was there. And besides that, the idea of Superman is one of, if not the most, powerful symbols in the DCU. So being in that plane, he's obviously much stronger than he would be, say, on Earth. Plus he got the Cosmic Armor to boot.

So, in a short answer to your question...yes.

Enyalus
Poor thing. you didn't know that each of the 52 actually spins off it's own mutliverse. Nope. You didn't. It's 52 verses.

Proof?

TricksterPriest
Hypertime is the proof.

cloud102
52 spins off it's own multiverse? wtf?

TricksterPriest
Hypertime.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertime

Enyalus
Hypertime.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertime

The Kingdom is an Elseworlds, non-canon story.

cloud102
I thought Hypertime was long gone.

Enyalus
I thought Hypertime was long gone.

It is. From the article:

"Hypertime has been infrequently used in DC titles subsequent to its introduction in The Kingdom, perhaps as a result of its chief architects and proponents, writers Mark Waid and Grant Morrison, working elsewhere in the comics industry (notably for Marvel Comics). While the concept was used in two multi-part stories involving the Modern Age Superboy and Walter West the Dark Flash, many writers (such as Titans writer Jay Faerber) found that their attempts to use Hypertime were either outright rejected or their stories severely altered to allow no attempt to further expand upon the concept.

In July 2005, in promotional talks at the San Diego Comic-Con DC Executive Editor Dan DiDio effectively disavowed the concept of Hypertime, stating it would no longer be used in future DCU titles.

The Infinite Crisis series resolved the continuity problem in a different way, according to DiDio, who in a Newsarama interview said "The great part about Crisis is that all mistakes and retcons are time anomalies." DiDio's solution, as seen in the pages of Infinite Crisis, postulates reality-changing "continuity waves", generated by Superboy-Prime punching the walls of his extradimensional prison."

cloud102
That's what I thought.

Allankles
52 spins off it's own multiverse? wtf?

Each of the 52 Earth is surrounded by a multiverse of its own. Each having multiple universes related to their verse. Like Earth 52 will be surrounded by many other universes of the 52nd section of the Orrery.

The important thing is that each of these multiverses have one version of a character. Like you're not going to get 2 Superman's in the 52nd section. In essence you have many universes I don't think they are described as infinite but given the nature of the Orrery and the Bleed there isn't an identified limit.

The 52 system is organized and gives a limited number of versions of characters but it doesn't limit the number of universes.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Each of the 52 Earth is surrounded by a multiverse of its own. Each having multiple universes related to their verse. Like Earth 52 will be surrounded by many other universes of the 52nd section of the Orrery.

The important thing is that each of these multiverses have one version of a character. Like you're not going to get 2 Superman's in the 52nd section. In essence you have many universes I don't think they are described as infinite but given the nature of the Orrery and the Bleed there isn't an identified limit.

The 52 system is organized and gives a limited number of versions of characters but it doesn't limit the number of universes.

Again...proof?

occultdestroyer
Meh.

IMHO,

GEB/Lucifer/Michael/Spectre/The Source/Elaine >>> Mandrakk and Cosmic Armor Supes.

Team 2 wins

Enyalus
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
IMHO,

GEB/Lucifer/Michael/Spectre/The Source >>> Mandrakk and Cosmic Armor Supes.

Team 2 wins

thumb up Yeah....with the exception of maybe Spectre (IMO).

occultdestroyer
thumb up Yeah....with the exception of maybe Spectre (IMO).
Mandrakk defeating Spectre is highly debatable, .
and seems CISy/PISy.

Meh, I fail to see how The Fist of GOD could lose to someone who is more or less as powerful as COiE Anti-Monitor, unless The Presence subjected him to loss (like the COiE event)

Enyalus
Too bad PC Supergirl wasn't around, then. She wouldn't have needed the cosmic armor to beat Mandrakk. stick out tongue

(She nearly kills AM in the AM universe prior to him absorbing the power of all of it, if you recall.)

tjcoady
The DC Multiverse is clearly more than 52 universes. It's been shown repeatedly that the Wildstorm universes is one of the 52 Universes and that the Bleed- the "Ultramenstruum"- is in between each of these universes.

Seeing as how the Bleed exists in 196,833 dimensional space, and that each "rotation" of it creates a separate universe, the number of universes contained within the overall DC Multiverse is for all intents and purposes, utterly limitless. Axel Brass described it as basically equivalent to the number of atoms that make up the earth- trillions, upon trillions, upon trillions.

This is indisputable and on-panel.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by tjcoady
The DC Multiverse is clearly more than 52 universes. It's been shown repeatedly that the Wildstorm universes is one of the 52 Universes and that the Bleed- the "Ultramenstruum"- is in between each of these universes.

Seeing as how the Bleed exists in 196,833 dimensional space, and that each "rotation" of it creates a separate universe, the number of universes contained within the overall DC Multiverse is for all intents and purposes, utterly limitless. Axel Brass described it as basically equivalent to the number of atoms that make up the earth- trillions, upon trillions, upon trillions.

This is indisputable and on-panel.
Cool beans.
But what does that have to do with this thread?

cloud102
Too bad PC Supergirl wasn't around, then. She wouldn't have needed the cosmic armor to beat Mandrakk. stick out tongue

(She nearly kills AM in the AM universe prior to him absorbing the power of all of it, if you recall.)

Is there anything scarier than a PC brick aiming at you? If you're not a cosmic/skyfather level being, you're basically ****ed.

Enyalus
Is there anything scarier than a PC brick aiming at you? If you're not a cosmic/skyfather level being, you're basically ****ed.

Wolverine wouldn't be scared. Neither would Black Adam.

OneDumbG0
Mandrakk defeating Spectre is highly debatable, .
and seems CISy/PISy.

Meh, I fail to see how The Fist of GOD could lose to someone who is more or less as powerful as COiE Anti-Monitor, unless The Presence subjected him to loss (like the COiE event) Seemed pretty clear that Spectre and Radiant got boned by Mandrakk. Off-panel yes, but clearly boned.

cloud102
Wolverine wouldn't be scared. Neither would Black Adam.

BA was surprised that he couldnt harm Superboy Prime.

Enyalus
BA was surprised that he couldnt harm Superboy Prime.

He felt bad for beating up a little kid. So he went easy and held back. Then he learned his lesson. And WWIII happened.

Now, like Bran said - he doesn't care. And neither does Wolverine.

cloud102
haha beat up a kid? Kinda the other way around. smile

tjcoady
Cool beans.
But what does that have to do with this thread?

Look up. About half this thread is people debating whether the DC Universe is made up of 52 Universes or whether that number is inaccurate.

And, with Final Crisis and Superman Beyond, most of what's known about the DC Universe cosmology is now up for debate. That kind of stuff is just interesting to me, even though there are never really "correct" answers.

Enyalus
And, with Final Crisis and Superman Beyond, most of what's known about the DC Universe cosmology is now up for debate. That kind of stuff is just interesting to me, even though there are never really "correct" answers.

cool Marvel and DC cosmology and cosmogony are very interesting to me, too.

tjcoady
cool Marvel and DC cosmology and cosmogony are very interesting to me, too.

There used to be a massive "DC Cosmology" thread. It seems like it's time for a redux of that.

cloud102
There used to be a massive "DC Cosmology" thread. It seems like it's time for a redux of that.

How good was the thread? Or was it just a bunch of babel?

Naija boy
Team 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.