Gamora vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
Gamora gets the godslayer,orion can only use his physical attributes(strength,speed,etc)

no bfr

can gamora take any wins?

Enyalus
Originally posted by skyfather
can gamora take any wins?

Yes.

skyfather
Originally posted by Enyalus
Yes. how many131fist

Enyalus
how many131fist

Can I 'pass' on that question? I'm afraid of getting hate mail from the NG fans.

skyfather
Can I 'pass' on that question? I'm afraid of getting hate mail from the NG fans. k,no probs.imo she can take about 4/10

Enyalus
k,no probs.imo she can take about 4/10

Yeah. Anywhere from 4-6 out of 10, would be my opinion. But I can't decide where in that area she'd land.

Lord Feron
H2H combat skill is comparitive. I might give it a touch to Gamora. Gamora has the agility imo. Orion got her in the strength dept and ftl speed. She does get godslayer so ... if Orion has nothing to protect himself, he is kinda screwed. I don't think Orion is going to be able to dodge but Gamora is going to have to end this quick because a drawn out confrontation with Orion is a obvious loss imo.

As to how many times she wins... not sure.

Bentley
Gamora wins 8/10.

The Great Galen
There MA talent is comparable but what really makes this a stomp for Orion is his vastly superior stats. I'd say she can compete decently, but it will only go as long as he wants it to.

Scuzz2.0
she could maybe take 1 or 2 but beyond that, i doubt it! orion is pretty brutal

Bentley
Originally posted by The Great Galen
There MA talent is comparable but what really makes this a stomp for Orion is his vastly superior stats. I'd say she can compete decently, but it will only go as long as he wants it to.

With godslayer, they both have one-shot options.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Bentley
With godslayer, they both have one-shot options.

I've seen Orion take worst punishment from far more imposing foes. He has survived a full powered DS better then Supes ever has...and that's even including back in his PC days. The only thing I'm uncertain of his how they both apply speed in combat, I know they both have fast movement but I don't know how well there application is.

Bentley
I've seen Orion take worst punishment from far more imposing foes. He has survived a full powered DS better then Supes ever has...and that's even including back in his PC days. The only thing I'm uncertain of his how they both apply speed in combat, I know they both have fast movement but I don't know how well there application is.

I wouldn't compare Gamora with DS or Supes, its like comparing a knife with a truck. You can get hit with a truck, which has far more energy and be a lot harder to stop than a knife, but if the blade is well placed the knife is much more likely to kill you.

cloud102
Orion has received blows from Pre-Crisis Superman, yes. If you think Gamora is on that level, you need to get your head examined.

The Great Galen
I wouldn't compare Gamora with DS or Supes, its like comparing a knife with a truck. You can get hit with a truck, which has far more energy and be a lot harder to stop than a knife, but if the blade is well placed the knife is much more likely to kill you.

Her slayer is a powerful weaopon, but from my knowledge of Orion I've seen him shrug off worst attacks from more powerful foes. I'm sure if she got dozens of consecutive shots with it then of course it would be fatal, but I'm under the opinion he could roll with her blade better then she could roll with his punches. He has statelmated a sun amp Supes and even solo'ed a group of powerful herald level new gods, his stats are just overwhealming above hers. The only way she could have to win is if she can move faster then him in combat, if she can apply speed more efficiently then I have no problem with saying she takes it.

Bentley
Her slayer is a powerful weaopon, but from my knowledge of Orion I've seen him shrug off worst attacks from more powerful foes. I'm sure if she got dozens of consecutive shots with it then of course it would be fatal, but I'm under the opinion he could roll with her blade better then she could roll with his punches. He has statelmated a sun amp Supes and even solo'ed a group of powerful herald level new gods, his stats are just overwhealming above hers. The only way she could have to win is if she can move faster then him in combat, if she can apply speed more efficiently then I have no problem with saying she takes it.

If she can't pierce his skin she's screwed anyways.

TricksterPriest
Speed kills. Regardless of the dagger or her skills, SHE CAN'T HIT HIM.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Speed kills. Regardless of the dagger or her skills, SHE CAN'T HIT HIM.

Really, I know he has movement superspeed but can he actually apply it in battle. I mean it's one thing to have that attribute of speed but it doesn't mean anything if can't be applied on the battle field.

cloud102
Yes, he's applied it on the battlefield.

Hell, when Superman first step foot on NG, he was amazed at how the regular NG's were moving so fast.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by cloud102
Orion has received blows from Pre-Crisis Superman, yes. If you think Gamora is on that level, you need to get your head examined.

Okay punches are far different from being stabbed. A very powerful and strong man might punch me and I get knocked out. I might not Die but I get knocked out. A man maybe a little weaker than yourself takes a sword and swings at your head.... you aint living through that. Different form of damage people. Doesn't matter how much blunt punishment or energy blast you can take it has no correlation with slashing/piercing damage.

Question: IS there anything in the DCU similar to Godslayer? And has Orion ever been hit with it? If so how did he fair?

The Great Galen
Yes, he's applied it on the battlefield.

Hell, when Superman first step foot on NG, he was amazed at how the regular NG's were moving so fast.

Man I don't know where I'm missing these examples, considering his movememnt he should be able to apply it offensivly and defensily in battle but I just can't seem to remember a occasion.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Okay punches are far different from being stabbed. A very powerful and strong man might punch me and I get knocked out. I might not Die but I get knocked out. A man maybe a little weaker than yourself takes a sword and swings at your head.... you aint living through that. Different form of damage people. Doesn't matter how much blunt punishment or energy blast you can take it has no correlation with slashing/piercing damage.

Question: IS there anything in the DCU similar to Godslayer? And has Orion ever been hit with it? If so how did he fair?

I'm pretty sure Orion can take blunt,energy and piericing wonds, I don't remember anything like a "God Slayer"though.

TricksterPriest
Martial arts match with Darkseid. His attacking dog cavalry in Apokolips, fistfights with Supes.....

Bentley
Gamora has good speed:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6162/annihilationronan3007vz4.jpg

Orion has better speed, he still has to use it in this combat.

The Great Galen
Gamora has good speed:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6162/annihilationronan3007vz4.jpg

Orion has better speed, he still has to use it in this combat.

See I know Orion has much faster movement, but I don't think he's ever applied it in battle. Even agaisnt DS, they seem to be fighting with"peak human"movement.

fangirl101
Really, I know he has movement superspeed but can he actually apply it in battle. I mean it's one thing to have that attribute of speed but it doesn't mean anything if can't be applied on the battle field. You should check my Orion vs Thor capabilities thread. I show Orion moving at super speeds in fights quite a few times. Look at him and mr. miracle fight.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by fangirl101
You should check my Orion vs Thor capabilities thread. I show Orion moving at super speeds in fights quite a few times. Look at him and mr. miracle fight.

I think it was deleted or something cause it's not showing up.

psycho gundam
orion's fighting skills are not better than gamora's, just saying.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Think there equal actually, Orion beat a character who was similar to Gamora in MA ability....and he he beat her effortlessly while not even fully focused.

fangirl101
I think it was deleted or something cause it's not showing up. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=496232&pagenumber=3

cloud102
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Based on?

The Great Galen
No I finally got the scans, yeah from what I can tell Orion is much faster then Gamora. He can apply his fast movement offensily/defensivly in combat and coupled with his striking power....he would make short work of Gamora. Thanks for the scans, just needed some clearification on it.

cloud102
Remember, Tony Stark AKA Iron Man was able to DETECT the Flash (Wally West) with the help of the Mother Box. I know it's not in this fight, but it shows you that speed means nothing to the NG's.

Bentley
If he is too fast, its understandable. Marvel doesn't put that much emphasis in superspeed, and while Gamora has superspeed, even when she shows it, it is night impossible to say how fast she goes. Most of the top tiers suffer from this, and even well established herald levelers lack of feats.

Too bad, as we go by feats. Orion ftw.

Lord Feron
Think there equal actually, Orion beat a character who was similar to Gamora in MA ability....and he he beat her effortlessly while not even fully focused.

Must not be similar to Gamora at all....

skyfather
gamora is being sold way to short here,must be those DC tinted glasses.

seeing as gamora has held her own against maxam and dumb drax 2 100+guys and had the better of ronan and terrax

cloud102
Valkyire, yes. Probably closer to Val than Gamora. wink

psycho gundam
Based on? her whole career and skill set. not saying she would beat him in a fight, just that her martial skills are more refined.

sort of like wonder woman's skills are superior to superman's, regardless of the power difference.

cloud102
Orion knows every ma in the universe. Yeah, I guess it's not defined.

The Great Galen
If he is too fast, its understandable. Marvel doesn't put that much emphasis in superspeed, and while Gamora has superspeed, even when she shows it, it is night impossible to say how fast she goes. Most of the top tiers suffer from this, and even well established herald levelers lack of feats.

Too bad, as we go by feats. Orion ftw.

This always confused me, metas/peak humans from both companies have movement supsepeed yet heralds and above in marevl do not. Seems like DC writers remember this speed attribute with there characters regardless of tier....they must be big DBZ fans.

Enyalus
Orion knows every ma in the universe. Yeah, I guess it's not defined.

That is impressive. Gamora has mastered over 83% of all armed and unarmed combat forms in the universe. So she's up there, but if what you say is true, then yeah, Orion has her beat in that department. She does heavily rely on pressure point strikes to drop opponents in one-two shots, though. And Godslayer is a one-shot kill weapon.

Bentley
That is impressive. Gamora knows over 83% of all armed and unarmed combat forms in the universe. So she's up there, but if what you say is true, then yeah, Orion has her beat in that department. She does heavily rely on pressure point strikes to drop opponents in one-two shots, though. And Godslayer is a one-shot kill weapon.

Yep, but Gamora is proficent in those arts. Orion just knows them, kind of how Wolverine knows a bunch of martial arts but still Cap is the better fighter.

Enyalus
Yep, but Gamora is proficent in those arts. Orion just knows them, kind of how Wolverine knows a bunch of martial arts but still Cap is the better fighter.

I meant to say 'mastered.' As per her Worldmind bio. Edited according.

Endless Mike
This again?

beast1234
Orion martial arts skills are more superior then Gamora

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by beast1234
Orion martial arts skills are more superior then Gamora

Most Comics I remember him fighting, he was just a brawler. He may know them, I don't know, but he relies on str and durability. I can't remember him speedblitz someone.

Gamora on the other Hand has fought physically superior opponents. She uses her MA more often, so I believe she is more proficient with them.

If her Godslayer can do real dmg to Orion I see her winning some.

Gamora vs Comic Orion 2-3/10

KMC Gamora vs KMC Orion 0/10

wink

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Most Comics I remember him fighting, he was just a brawler. He may know them, I don't know, but he relies on str and durability. I can't remember him speedblitz someone.

Gamora on the other Hand has fought physically superior opponents. She uses her MA more often, so I believe she is more proficient with them.

If her Godslayer can do real dmg to Orion I see her winning some.

Gamora vs Comic Orion 2-3/10

KMC Gamora vs KMC Orion 0/10

wink

His applied his fast movement in a baltte and especially in h2h, coupled with his stats I don't like Gamora's odds in this one. The only thing I know about his MA talent is that he defeated a very "KK"level MA while holding back and knows every MA in the universe, so personally I'd say they are even....but the important thing is there both very ubber MA.

skygunner41
I hope this fight is not the grope fest between them.

cloud102
LOL! Gamora would make a perfect wife for Orion.

Bentley
Gamora would make a perfect wife, period.

darthgoober
Gamora would make a perfect wife, period.
Hell no. At least one week a month you'd actually be in danger of dying if you forget to take out the trash...

TricksterPriest
But with Orion, it might actually be a romance for the ages......by klingon standards. shocklaugh

Bentley
Originally posted by darthgoober
Hell no. At least one week a month you'd actually be in danger of dying if you forget to take out the trash...

I never forget. A perfect wife needs a perfect husband shifty

darthgoober
But with Orion, it might actually be a romance for the ages......by klingon standards. shocklaugh
She's not that honorable. If it came right down to it she'd probably kill him in his sleep. Chicks are vicious like that... ESPECIALLY when you forget to take out the trash...

TricksterPriest
Considering whose son Orion is, and the number of times that's happened to him (I kid you not), he might take it as a sign of affection. laughing out loud

And Klingons have their share of political intrigue backstabbings, and underhanded dealings. Not in their mythology, but it occurs many times in their history. General Chang, Duras, the Duras sisters, The Order of Kahless, Chancellor Gowron, Chancellor Martok, etc.

beast1234
hahahaha

Lord Feron
Originally posted by darthgoober
She's not that honorable. If it came right down to it she'd probably kill him in his sleep. Chicks are vicious like that... ESPECIALLY when you forget to take out the trash...

Keep on bringing that up? What the hell happened to you? wife giving you problems?

Enyalus
Yeah, but Orion's wife is already the Goddess of Love and Lust...I mean, he has it made.

The Great Galen
Considering whose son Orion is, and the number of times that's happened to him (I kid you not), he might take it as a sign of affection. laughing out loud

And Klingons have their share of political intrigue backstabbings, and underhanded dealings. Not in their mythology, but it occurs many times in their history. General Chang, Duras, the Duras sisters, The Order of Kahless, Chancellor Gowron, Chancellor Martok, etc.

Actually wouldn't Diana be the perfect wife for him, I figure it would need to be a women with some form of nobility and prestiege....he is the son of DS afterall.

beast1234
Actually wouldn't Diana be the perfect wife for him, I figure it would need to be a women with some form of nobility and prestiege....he is the son of DS afterall.

you think darkseid is noble

Enyalus
Being Thanos' ward = Waaay more prestiege than being a Goddess of Truth.

Everyone knows that.

The Great Galen
you think darkseid is noble

Ruller of apok sounds pretty noble to me.

The Great Galen
Being Thanos' ward = Waaay more prestiege than being a Goddess of Truth.

Everyone knows that.

Thanos would be a peasent in Orion's eyes.

Enyalus
Thanos would be a peasent in Orion's eyes.

Until Thanos ripped his eyes out and ate them. smile

beast1234
Ruller of apok sounds pretty noble to me.
not that of kind of noblilty(rank). i mean nobility(honor and moral)

The Great Galen
that kind of noble. i mean nobility(honor and moral)

He did spare Supes life a number of times and even allows his son to get away with a whole bunch of shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.