New Genesis vs Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
The New Gods of DC vs the Norse Gods of Marvel!

Assume for this scenario that both sides are at their peak strength and all denizens (both heroes/villains) are fighting for their respective side (also note: beings who play an important role on either side who are currently canonically dead or missing shall be assumed to be present for this war).

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1494/89212-106510-new-genesis_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/462/83612-79281-asgard_super.jpg

Lord Feron
So I can use rune king thor and Would Yuga Khan be the strongest person of new Genesis or High father or what?

Wild Shadow
most of the asgardians are canon fodder warrior with class 30 ton strength...then you have all the aesirs that are magic users that we no longer see that were always around odin.

but their are powerful gods like:

odin
executioner
nor vell
thor(odin power)
hela
loki
enchantress
heimdall
valstogg
fandral the dashing
hogun
balder
lady sif

do ppl who recieve asgard powers and are considered brothers of arms and allies to the realm count?

cause then you have beta ray bill and thunderstrike and darko ktor oh almost forgot that they tend to have hercules in the realm during major battles.. smile

Starscream M
Originally posted by Lord Feron
So I can use rune king thor and Would Yuga Khan be the strongest person of new Genesis or High father or what? How important a role does Yuga Khan play on New Genesis?

High Father would be in this fight.

Lord Feron
Someone with more DC knowledge then myself should answer. I just thought he was part of new genesis cause of DS and that leads into Orion and yadda yadda.

Anyway can Asgardians use Mangog and Surtur?

occultdestroyer
Is the Asgardian Destroyer in this fight?
If so, who's manning it?

If each Asgardian can create pocket universes, they have a shot.
Otherwise, they're pretty much ****ed.

skygunner41
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Is the Asgardian Destroyer in this fight?
If so, who's manning it?

If each Asgardian can create pocket universes, they have a shot.
Otherwise, they're pretty much ****ed.

Can Prometheus Giant join new God side.

Starscream M
this is the guideline

Originally posted by Starscream M
(also note: beings who play an important role on either side who are currently canonically dead or missing shall be assumed to be present for this war).

Wild Shadow
some one needs to start naming all the new genesis gods

Starscream M
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
most of the asgardians are canon fodder warrior with class 30 ton strength...then you have all the aesirs that are magic users that we no longer see that were always around odin.

but their are powerful gods like:

odin
executioner
nor vell
thor(odin power)
hela
loki
enchantress
heimdall
valstogg
fandral the dashing
hogun
balder
lady sif

do ppl who recieve asgard powers and are considered brothers of arms and allies to the realm count?

cause then you have beta ray bill and thunderstrike and darko ktor oh almost forgot that they tend to have hercules in the realm during major battles.. smile BRB should count since he's an honorary asgardian, not familiar with the others

you're missing some big guys on your list like Surtur and Ymir

Lord Feron
Odin In destroyer Armor, RKT, Surtur with Twilight Sword and the coffin (or tomb..). Ymir, Loki when he was amped. Absorbing man, Atum, Hela, Kurse, Midguard Serpant, Ulik, Ragnorak (thor clone not sure if thats allowed..) Can't really think of any more...

Galan007
Assume for this scenario that both sides are at their peak strength If that's the case, Infinity Man has the potential to take a huge chunk out of the Asgardians, by himself. Then if you throw in characters like Scott Free as a 'true' New God, Highfather at his peak, Orion with the AF, Takion, etc...

I dunno, New Genesis has a really good chance, imo.

Lord Feron
Unfortunately I do not have enough knowledge on all NEw gensis characters at their peak and stuff. Asgardians definitly have a few heavy hitters but I have no idea how they stack against Mainstream New genesis Characters.

Destroyer Armor + Odin + with the sword Is pretty freaking badass. Also Rune King Thor who is far afar and above Odin also Badass. These guys are way above skyfather levels.

KuRuPT Thanosi
IMO I think New Genesis would probably take a small majority. I don't think Odin, King Thor, Loki would be enough to get the majority against some of the New Gods. They could get a few just based on those three but not most of the time imo. IF we're using RKT then that would even things out a lot.

quanchi112
Asgard stomps. I cannot think of anyone even remotely powerful enough to best Odin himself with all the help he will receive here.

skyfather
if you have RKT ,can you not have odin?

Wild Shadow
i gotta go with asgard.

Starscream M
Originally posted by skyfather
if you have RKT ,can you not have odin? yep, you can't have both Odin and RKT at the same time afaik.

quanchi112
Originally posted by skyfather
if you have RKT ,can you not have odin? RK Thor makes it spite imo.

Uxas Khan
New genisis wins

fangirl101
New Genesis has

Infinity Man
Takion
Highfather
Orion
Magnar
Himon
Barda
Black Racer
Mother Boxes
and an insane amount of Tech.

TricksterPriest
Question. Since this is Asgard vs. New Genesis, are the two in the same universe, or is Asgard in it's realm and New Genesis in the 4th world?

SevenShackles
no no no Asgard wins!

psycho gundam
can't odin just do the all in one maneuver like he did against the celestials but this time absorb even the denizens of the other 8 worlds since they're on the same team? (sans midgard)

odin piloting the dread destroyer + the combined power of all the denizens of the asgardian dimension(including surtur and ymir) + the casket of ancient winters + holding the odinsword in his right hand and the sword of doom (twilight) in his left.

and thor with rune magic leading the charge.

is that allowed?

Allankles
This has to be organized better if you throw in people like Surtur, Ymir you might as well give New Genesis Darkseid and Yuga Khan since Surtur and Ymir are enemeies of Asgard. Hell you could even throw in the Promethean giants as Apokolips has a link to a few of them, make it more organized.

I'd have the Aesir (ruling class) roster for Asgard

vs

The New God elites. No need to throw in Surtur because that isn't even accurate.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Question. Since this is Asgard vs. New Genesis, are the two in the same universe, or is Asgard in it's realm and New Genesis in the 4th world?

OP really needs to answer this one ASAP.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Allankles
This has to be organized better if you throw in people like Surtur, Ymir you might as well give New Genesis Darkseid and Yuga Khan since Surtur and Ymir are enemeies of Asgard. Hell you could even throw in the Promethean giants as Apokolips has a link to a few of them, make it more organized.

I'd have the Aesir (ruling class) roster for Asgard

vs

The New God elites. No need to throw in Surtur because that isn't even accurate. there is the asgardian dimension, and there is a world of asgard which resides in the asgardian dimension. it hasn't been clarified that's why i asked if odin could call upon them.

Allankles
Originally posted by psycho gundam
there is the asgardian dimension, and there is a world of asgard which resides in the asgardian dimension. it hasn't been clarified that's why i asked if odin could call upon them.

If it's the Asgardian dimension then it should be Asgard vs the Fourth World.

TricksterPriest
OP NEEDS TO ANSWER MY QUESTION NOW. durfist

Starscream M
OP NEEDS TO ANSWER MY QUESTION NOW. durfist lol

they fight on neutral battleground.

TricksterPriest
Not the right answer. Are New Genesis and Asgard within the same field, or is New Genesis in the 4th world fighting Asgard in their own dimension?

if within the same field, have accomodations been made to adjust for boom-tube, or are they as normal?

Starscream M
Not the right answer. Are New Genesis and Asgard within the same field, or is New Genesis in the 4th world fighting Asgard in their own dimension?

if within the same field, have accomodations been made to adjust for boom-tube, or are they as normal? I said neutral space...hence it's neither the 4th world nor anywhere near the Asgardian dimension

Kris Blaze
Will the Black Racer have any affect on the asgardians?

If so, he can take anyone but Odin and RKT.

Starscream M
Odin and RKT will not both be in this battle...it's one or the other.

TricksterPriest
I said neutral space...hence it's neither the 4th world nor anywhere near the Asgardian dimension

the point is missed again. Boomtubed, or normal?

"
if within the same field, have accomodations been made to adjust for boom-tube, or are they as normal? "

Starscream M
the point is missed again. Boomtubed, or normal?

"
if within the same field, have accomodations been made to adjust for boom-tube, or are they as normal? " they can bring all necessary standard equipment to this neutral battleground

TricksterPriest
ARGH. Again you miss the point. Are they boomtubed or not boomtubed?

Newjak
It doesn't really matter Trick.

All the heavy hitters on Asgard aren't going to care what size the NG people are when they get there erm

Starscream M
ARGH. Again you miss the point. Are they boomtubed or not boomtubed? tbh, I have no idea what difference that even makes but no, they aren't boomtubed to the battlefield.

Allankles
Originally posted by Newjak

All the heavy hitters on Asgard aren't going to care what size the NG people are when they get there erm

It depends on who you consider Asgard. Because in general you have Thor and Odin (excluding Hela) vs the NG big hitters and New Genesis has more big hitters.

However if you add in Brb, Hercules and guys like Surtur and Ymir it becomes messy as you have to add similar types for New Genesis team.

Newjak
It depends on who you consider Asgard. Because in general you have Thor and Odin (excluding Hela) vs the NG big hitters and New Genesis has more big hitters.

However if you add in Brb, Hercules and guys like Surtur and Ymir it becomes messy as you have to add similar types for New Genesis team. RKT is still bigger then any of NG's heavy hitters.

And to denounce any bit of Asgardian Magic is terrible mistake even if you are not taking Asgard as the dimension, just the city.

Seriously you would still have the Destroyer Armor. People like the Enchantress who at her peak is definitely dangerous with her magic. Loki as well as some massive Magic to use.

If you include all of Asgard and all of the 4th world. People tend to forget just what all of mystic Asgard encompasses.

Surter with Twilight, Ymir, Hela, Midgard Serpent, RKT, the elves, the dwarves, and the sorcerers, and wizards.

I mean you have two legit Galaxy destroyers on your team right there with RKT and Surtur.

Galan007
ARGH. Again you miss the point. Are they boomtubed or not boomtubed? If they are fighting on a neutral battle field, as the thread starter has said numerous times, then of course the appropriate 'size accommodations' are assumed to have been made.

I do have a question though... Is all New Genosian tech accessible?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
If they are fighting on a neutral battle field, as the thread starter has said numerous times, then of course the appropriate 'size accommodations' are assumed to have been made.

I do have a question though... Is all New Genosian tech accessible? any standard tech/equipment is accessible

Galan007
any standard tech/equipment is accessible By 'standard' do you mean New Genesis is only allowed tech we normally see them with, like Motherboxes?

Allankles
RKT is still bigger then any of NG's heavy hitters.

But in general NG would have more heavy hitters than Asgard (not the dimension). If we're talking standard.

Starscream M
By 'standard' do you mean New Genesis is only allowed tech we normally see them with, like Motherboxes? it doesn't necessarily have to be something shown normally or often, but should be something they have access to and not some once in a lifetime item that only appeared as a plot device of some sort

Allankles
RKT is still bigger then any of NG's heavy hitters.

I'm not so sure, the full ALE is standard equip for Scott Free and Takion is pretty much unkillable as long as the Source persists or wishes him to live.

Newjak
But in general NG would have more heavy hitters than Asgard (not the dimension). If we're talking standard. Asgard still has Magic out the wazoo.

And the fact they could just pour all of themselves into the Destroyer so that even a light weight will become a heavy hitter.

Mindset
Does Asgard get BRB?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindset
Does Asgard get BRB? no, (I changed my mind on that) only beings that have resided on Asgard are eligible

Allankles
Asgard still has Magic out the wazoo.

And the fact they could just pour all of themselves into the Destroyer so that even a light weight will become a heavy hitter.

New Genesis is full of "magic" too in the form of the primal energies of the Source. Don't let the tech fool you, motherbox is so advanced it's pretty much magic.

Starscream M
btw, just to be clear, Asgard either gets Odin and classic Thor or RKT but no Odin.

Galan007
it doesn't necessarily have to be something shown normally or often, but should be something they have access to and not some once in a lifetime item that only appeared as a plot device of some sort Smart man thumb up. If New Genesis had access to all theit tech, this would be a shitstomp in favor of they.

Meh, I still think Infinity Man at his 'peak' (ie. agent of the Source) could beat most of Asgard by himself.
Then you have Scott Free as a 'true' New God, whom is > the Black Racer (ie. death.)
Takion, who was slapping around Kyle, Captain Atom, and Flash simultaneously (among quite a bit more.)
Orion /w/ AF.
Insane Lightray (who did quite well vs. Takion.)
Black Racer (whom can own Superman with a blink.)
And Highfather, who is > most of the above.

Then tack on the fact that even the 'no name' New Gods can apparently create their own universes.... I dunno, the New Gods are just uber as hell.

Mindset
RKT owns everyone you just mentioned. uhuh

supremthor
The New Gods of DC vs the Norse Gods of Marvel!

Assume for this scenario that both sides are at their peak strength and all denizens (both heroes/villains) are fighting for their respective side (also note: beings who play an important role on either side who are currently canonically dead or missing shall be assumed to be present for this war).

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1494/89212-106510-new-genesis_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/462/83612-79281-asgard_super.jpg

if they are all at the height of power i would say NG wins by a landslide, reason being at their height of power was at the pre-crisis era. At that time almost all the new gods were ether stronger or as strong as pre-crisis superman.

Newjak
New Genesis is full of "magic" too in the form of the primal energies of the Source. Don't let the tech fool you, motherbox is so advanced it's pretty much magic. I know I'm just pointing out the fact that Asgard's magic is pretty much bad@$$ as you can get considering everything those fools can do.

Heck the Twilight Sword can be used to alter reality.

Galan007
RKT owns everyone you just mentioned. uhuh True. I mean, he does have like as many feats as.... Ummm.... Superman-Prime (from DC 1M.) kinda

ahah

Kris Blaze
He's got feats, dumbass.

Mindset
ouch

quanchi112
Originally posted by Uxas Khan
New genisis wins Based on what?

All the heavy hitters on Asgard aren't going to care what size the NG people are when they get there erm Not only that but the fact that Odin can grow in size and don the asgardian armor and annihilate the new gods.

But in general NG would have more heavy hitters than Asgard (not the dimension). If we're talking standard. No, they don't. New genesis has no one on the level of Odin or the Destroyer. This would be a slaughter.

Smart man thumb up. If New Genesis had access to all theit tech, this would be a shitstomp in favor of they.

Meh, I still think Infinity Man at his 'peak' (ie. agent of the Source) could beat most of Asgard by himself.
Then you have Scott Free as a 'true' New God, whom is > the Black Racer (ie. death.)
Takion, who was slapping around Kyle, Captain Atom, and Flash simultaneously (among quite a bit more.)
Orion /w/ AF.
Insane Lightray (who did quite well vs. Takion.)
Black Racer (whom can own Superman with a blink.)
And Highfather, who is > most of the above.

Then tack on the fact that even the 'no name' New Gods can apparently create their own universes.... I dunno, the New Gods are just uber as hell. Infinity Man would get annihilated by Odin. He was ran off by the jsa Gog. he was powerful enough to wreck any new god, but when he came in contact with Gog he turned tail and ran. Gog had no feats whatsoever to put him anywhere near Odin by the way.

You exaggerate the new gods. Superman has stood toe to toe with the best of them and Odin is miles above him and them.

RKT owns everyone you just mentioned. uhuh Rk Thor was a beast and shouldn't be allowed in because it then enters the realm of spite.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
He's got feats, dumbass. Yep. He's a confirmed thread/yarn buster. ermmhappy

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman has stood toe to toe with the best of them Could post the scans of BR owning Superman with a blink, but.... Why? ermm

quanchi112
Could post the scans of BR owning Superman with a blink, but.... Why? ermm I was referring to Darkseid and Orion. Black Racer is negated here with Hela.

Galan007
You understand that despite BR's power there are New Gods (ie. Highfather, Scott Free, etc.) whom are >> he, right?

Wait, why the hell am I responding to you?

quanchi112
You understand that despite BR's power there are New Gods (ie. Highfather, Scott Free, etc.) whom are >> he, right?

Wait, why the hell am I responding to you? Not against Superman. You do realize that Orion and Ds himself who is greater than Izaya Supes has dusted off more than once.

You give one example and then name characters weaker than Ds who Superman has slammed through.

Galan007
facepalm

quanchi112
facepalm Superman who is a top tier can compete with some of the most formidable new gods while characters like the destroyer and Odin are well above any new god from new genesis.

cloud102
With tech, New Genesis wins.

Darth Macabre
tbh, I have no idea what difference that even makes but no, they aren't boomtubed to the battlefield. They'd be huge if not for the boomtubes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cloud102
With tech, New Genesis wins. How so?

Allankles

No, they don't. New genesis has no one on the level of Odin or the Destroyer. This would be a slaughter.

What are you talking about? I was talking about the number of big hitters, New Genesis has more big hitters than standard Asgard (not the whole dimension). And honestly the destroyer is tech which can be neutralized by Takion or Scott Free.

quanchi112
What are you talking about? I was talking about the number of big hitters, New Genesis has more big hitters than standard Asgard (not the whole dimension). And honestly the destroyer is tech which can be neutralized by Takion or Scott Free. No, they really don't. What kind of tech can easily neutralize the destroyer armor?

Mindset
What are you talking about? I was talking about the number of big hitters, New Genesis has more big hitters than standard Asgard (not the whole dimension). And honestly the destroyer is tech which can be neutralized by Takion or Scott Free. The Destroyer is tech?

I thought it was mystical armor.

quanchi112
The Destroyer is tech?

I thought it was mystical armor. Allankles seems clueless about anything outside the new gods.

TricksterPriest

They will care. After they get super-rape-stomped. no expression Sending the New Gods in without boomtubing makes them at their true stature.

You cannot seriously consider this a fair fight. no

Starscream M
They will care. After they get super-rape-stomped. no expression Sending the New Gods in without boomtubing makes them at their true stature.

You cannot seriously consider this a fair fight. no you do realize that Asgard gets Surtur and Ymir right? both of them are titans in the true sense of the word

TricksterPriest
Compared to the New Gods..........jack shit.

And if Asgard is going to recruit their arch foes, then New Genesis gets Apokolips and co.

Wild Shadow
apokolips isnt on new genesis unlike the other denizens of asgard.

Mindset
Compared to the New Gods..........jack shit.

And if Asgard is going to recruit their arch foes, then New Genesis gets Apokolips and co. You're telling the threadstarter who is in his vs. match?

iceman24567
You're telling the threadstarter who is in his vs. match? laughing

cloud102
How so?

If New Gods get the 7 Imperishable treasures, Worlogog, Father Box's, or even a Geneis Box, they can effect things on a universal or multiversal level.

Newjak

You cannot seriously consider this a fair fight. no Do you know anything about Odin, RK Thor or any of the upper level beings in Asgard if you did then you would know it doesn't matter no expression

Batman-Prime
You exaggerate the new gods. Superman has stood toe to toe with the best of them and Odin is miles above him and them.

Rk Thor was a beast and shouldn't be allowed in because it then enters the realm of spite.

Quan, honestly you should try to be more fair. You use ABC logic against DC and then you use ABC in favour ofMarvel.

Superman is similar to Thanos, both are more or less plot devices.

And Highfather is at the very LEAST = Odin

Allankles
The Destroyer is tech?

I thought it was mystical armor.

By tech I meant equipment, should have been obvious.

Allankles
Do you know anything about Odin, RK Thor or any of the upper level beings in Asgard if you did then you would know it doesn't matter no expression

In their true forms entire universes are dwarfed by their size. They have to be boomtubed to make this a balanced match up. Otherwise your talking about guys that can crush planets like peanuts.

Allankles
Allankles seems clueless about anything outside the new gods.

I meant equipment when I used the word tech, there's nothing to be confused about with the destroyer.

Scott Free or Takion would easily neutralize such a device.

occultdestroyer
Most of the Asgardians will go down hard against Highfather or peak Infinity-Man.

Highfather has the ability to combine the powers of other heroes into one being (similar to Marvel's Uni-Mind).
Yes, I'm referring to the merging of the modified Quintessence

Imagine what would happen if Highfather combined the powers of Infinity-Man, Mister Miracle, Metron, and Black Racer unto himself fear

Allankles
No, they really don't. What kind of tech can easily neutralize the destroyer armor?

New Genesis has more big hitters, face facts, unless you want to add Surtur and Ymir to the equation and they are not even from Asgard mostly the dimension that surrounds it. Or even Brb or Hercules these guys are not part of Asgard proper.

Miracle can neutralize the soul in the Destroyer with his knowledge of the ALE. Takion can also directly manipulate the soul in the destroyer.

Newjak
In their true forms entire universes are dwarfed by their size. They have to be boomtubed to make this a balanced match up. Otherwise your talking about guys that can crush planets like peanuts. And that makes guys that can kill Galaxies fear what exactly? no expression

cloud102
And that makes guys that can kill Galaxies fear what exactly? no expression

Galaxies? New Gods are capable of creating weapons that can effect the UNIVERSE. Worlogog, Geneisis Box, Xor, etc...

Allankles
And that makes guys that can kill Galaxies fear what exactly? no expression

Only Odin has been mentioned as being able to destroy galaxies from Asgard and truthfully no-name New Genesians can create universes of their own.

Point is they are big enough that entire universes appear as miniature, a planets inhabitants: microscopic.

Lord Feron
Galaxies? New Gods are capable of creating weapons that can effect the UNIVERSE. Worlogog, Geneisis Box, Xor, etc...

And Asgard has their runes.

skygunner41
Originally posted by Lord Feron
And Asgard has their runes.

So?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by skygunner41
So?
no expression

Wild Shadow
how powerful is the destroyer with all the asgardians life force?

leonheartmm
dude new genesis wud RAPE asgard! even if you got rune king thor and the full powered destroyed and loki AND the frost giants!

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by leonheartmm
dude new genesis wud RAPE asgard! even if you got rune king thor and the full powered destroyed and loki AND the frost giants!

how would they do it?

what do they have? confused

leonheartmm
erm, darksied, orion, miracleman, metron, takion, infinityman, takion, boom tube generaters, motherboxes, . honestly, WHAT is it about new gods and the source that is hard to understand. asgard doesnt change a ****ing chance.

Wild Shadow
didnt realize DS was part of new genesis, or the source wall what can it do? confused

leonheartmm
well, i just assumed, apokalipse is just the ocunterpart. source wall=power. remember yuga khan, remember how he was so powerful, that was because of the source.

Starscream M
erm, darksied, orion, miracleman, metron, takion, infinityman, takion, boom tube generaters, motherboxes, . honestly, WHAT is it about new gods and the source that is hard to understand. asgard doesnt change a ****ing chance. darkseid does not live on New Genesis

KuRuPT Thanosi

Put down the pipe man. RKT, Surtur with Twilight and Ymir would shit stomp anybody on the NG team. I didn't think Surtur and Ymir were allowed in this fight. HOwever, with them added to the mix asgard takes it.

leonheartmm
^not against the source/highfather they cant. you have to understand, the strongest like rune kin thor or destroyer might be able to take on people like orion but there are MANY new gods and their power levels are FAR more consistant and uniform than asgardians, and they have the highfather and the motherboxes, so really, asgard doesnt stand a chance.

Galan007
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Quan, honestly you should try to be more fair. You use ABC logic against DC and then you use ABC in favour ofMarvel.That's how he rolls.

Superman is similar to Thanos, both are more or less plot devices. I just don't see why people always think losing to Superman is a low showing. I mean, how many top-tiers does the guy have to beat for people to realize his power is on a level of it's own?

And Highfather is at the very LEAST = Odin I agree.

What I disagree with is that we can apparently use one time deals from the Asgardians (ie. galaxy busting, empowering the destroyer with all of Asgard, etc.) - but we can't do the same with New Genesis? I guess it's good to handicap NG though. If they were allowed access to all their tech, Asgard would be shitstomped.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^not against the source/highfather they cant. you have to understand, the strongest like rune kin thor or destroyer might be able to take on people like orion but there are MANY new gods and their power levels are FAR more consistant and uniform than asgardians, and they have the highfather and the motherboxes, so really, asgard doesnt stand a chance.

Are you serious or another NG super wanker? Did I just hear you say RKT, Surtur with twilight MIGHT be able to take on Orion.... Orion with get wtf pwned by either. I guess I should make up a thread putting Orion against RKT and Surtur and see how that comes out. You my friend have smoked one too many bong ripes. RKT dominates every on the NG team imo

KuRuPT Thanosi
That's how he rolls.

I just don't see why people always think losing to Superman is a low showing. I mean, how many top-tiers does the guy have to beat for people to realize his power is on a level of it's own?

I agree.

What I disagree with is that we can apparently use one time deals from the Asgardians (ie. galaxy busting, empowering the destroyer with all of Asgard, etc.) - but we can't do the same with New Genesis.

Galan do you agree wth LEO that RKT and Surtur with twilight might be able to beat Orion.... Lastly, you think Highfather takes a majority from RKT or Surtur with twilight or anybody empowering the destroyer armor?

Wild Shadow

jawdrop hysterical

Newjak
Only Odin has been mentioned as being able to destroy galaxies from Asgard and truthfully no-name New Genesians can create universes of their own.

Point is they are big enough that entire universes appear as miniature, a planets inhabitants: microscopic. Surtur's sword by itself is made of Galaxy he killed no expression

Odin sent ripples throughout all of reality with one of his fights.

Also no-name NG's get beat by Superman, GLs, and any number of other top tiers.

Not saying that makes them low showing but context is a big thing when you are dealing with the New Gods.

On paper and through implied things any number of 4th Worlders should be able to destroy countless Universes. The problem those levels are often only implied or talked about, and thus we never know the true scope of it.

Even the boomtubes themselves are inconsistent. The they're larger then planets argument is also very flawed as no one knows the true implications of Orion's talk with Superman. Was it just their view of the Universe that got changed or did they actually become bigger.

Considering how many ever X amount of showing you want to go to this often becomes stupid. Just look at Doomsday, Cyborg Superman, Superman, etc, etc. Who have all traveled to Apokolips under their own power yet have never been shown to shrink in accordance.

As to creating their own Universes show me where they can create Universes on panel then we'll talk smile

Lord Feron
^you have to understand, the strongest like rune kin thor or destroyer might be able to take on people like orion

You have lost all credibility if you think Orion has any chance in hell against either of them....

Allankles

Even the boomtubes themselves are inconsistent. The they're larger then planets argument is also very flawed as no one knows the true implications of Orion's talk with Superman. Was it just their view of the Universe that got changed or did they actually become bigger

We know the implications because we saw it on panel. S'Ivaa was a collosal being able to rip apart the cosmos from the fourth world, Orion and Supes were able to stop him but only because Orion was in his true form and because Supes had used a boomtube.

Considering how many ever X amount of showing you want to go to this often becomes stupid. Just look at Doomsday, Cyborg Superman, Superman, etc, etc. Who have all traveled to Apokolips under their own power yet have never been shown to shrink in accordance.

Again, there's been evidence of the New God's size. In one story, supergirl appeared the size of an insect next to the New Gods. Anything else is just inconsistent. No one shrinks in the 4th world they are simply smaller than the New Gods, a boomtube adjust their size accordingly.

As to creating their own Universes show me where they can create Universes on panel then we'll talk smile

Miracle was shown observing the New Gods and he observed some reflecting on their godhood, while others created their own twisted universes.

Wild Shadow
post a link so we can see.

cloud102
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Are you serious or another NG super wanker? Did I just hear you say RKT, Surtur with twilight MIGHT be able to take on Orion.... Orion with get wtf pwned by either. I guess I should make up a thread putting Orion against RKT and Surtur and see how that comes out. You my friend have smoked one too many bong ripes. RKT dominates every on the NG team imo

Nah, i'd Xor against RKT. Xor (sp?) is high end Spectre/5-d imp level. If you think RKT can take that, then you're clearly smoking something. And if so, puff, puff pass!

iceman24567
post a link so we can see. It was posted like 5 times this week http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t502531.html

Wild Shadow
an alternate zantana denied mxy his power when he was being tortured by SMP so yeah they can,,hyberbole

cloud102
yeah they can what?

iceman24567
RKT barely had any feats no way he can take on New Genesis on his own.

iceman24567
an alternate zantana denied mxy his power when he was being tortured by SMP so yeah they can,,hyberbole The new gods creating twisted universes on panel is hyperbole? laughing

cloud102
Well, if people are pulling out one in a story type deal, then the Seven Imperishable Treasures should be counted as they are part of New Genesis. Plus other tech like Father, Geneis, and Worlogog. In this case, Asgard is done for.

iceman24567
If we use the last version of Scott free he pwns RKT and Surtur on his own no expression.

cloud102
Originally posted by iceman24567
If we use the last version of Scott free he pwns RKT and Surtur on his own no expression.

Yeah, he does. Marvelites just don't want to admit. sad

iceman24567
Yeah, he does. Marvelites just don't want to admit. sad That would hardly be fair actually.

Batman-Prime

I just don't see why people always think losing to Superman is a low showing. I mean, how many top-tiers does the guy have to beat for people to realize his power is on a level of it's own?

I don't think that loosing to Superman is an low showing, on the contrary.

I think Superman is an great char, maybe even the greatest (right behind Batman stick out tongue ). He is on par with every enemy he has to be, that's how DC treats him.

What a lot people won't realise or accept is the fact that Superman is the embodiment of an superhero who can do everything if he has to, he is Superman after all.
What a lot people can't accept is, that he is the first and maybe the most powerful of them all, that he indeed can accomplish everything.
What a lot of people do, when they choose an powerful Superheroe as their most fav, is comparing him to superman, which is just wrong, because they can't hope to win.
This leads all to hate, everyone wants his/her fav char to be the best, the greatest of all. But this can't happen, because Superman was there before, if we like it or not.
Yes he has low showings, else he and his comics would be pretty boring, but this is used by all haters to "prove" that he is weak, which is just wrong.
They dismiss the fact that he stood up to every universal/multiversal/+ challange out there because of what he is, an icon.

In Forum fights one shouldn't use the low showings, especially not of an char with such an long and rich history, that happend only to make an comic entertaining. In Forum fights we should use the chars to their best, and there Superman is an cosmic being.

I like Batman more. I would like to be more like Superman, not his powers, but his characteristics but Batman is much much cooler in my eyes. BUT I have no problem admitting Supermans superiority.

smile

shiv
Is there anything at All RKT could do to harm a bloodlusted Orion. In straight H2H

cloud102
LOL! Come on now. RKT would demolish Orion. The only way Orion wins is through ALE. Red Orion.

shiv
Orions harness says different.

cloud102
I wish he'd do away with the harness and use the gauntlets. yeaah!

psycho gundam
Originally posted by shiv
Is there anything at All RKT could do to harm a bloodlusted Orion. In straight H2H ummm.... bludgeon him to death comes to mind.

Mindset
By tech I meant equipment, should have been obvious. Or you could just use the right words

TricksterPriest
Slight imbalance in the prep. Only one of these groups has effective time travel and protection from time travel.

Not to mention without a boom tube, Asgard can't even get to New Genesis. But since the OP put them on the same field with no boomtubing, it's spite anyways.

Starscream M
stop wanking the new gods, trick...they're nowhere as godly as you make them out to be.

quanchi112
New Genesis has more big hitters, face facts, unless you want to add Surtur and Ymir to the equation and they are not even from Asgard mostly the dimension that surrounds it. Or even Brb or Hercules these guys are not part of Asgard proper.

Miracle can neutralize the soul in the Destroyer with his knowledge of the ALE. Takion can also directly manipulate the soul in the destroyer. Name these big hitters. I want to hear some names here. Odin, Loki, Thor, Enchantress,Balder, Thor girl, and the destroyer. Name me some characters who can hang with these good old boys.

Show me Takion doing some soul tampering along the lines to suggest he can shut down the destroyer very easily.

Miracle is really getting the ale here?

TricksterPriest
There are countless scenarios that would enable a New Gods win. And countless characters and weapons that have to be banned to make it a fair fight.

THE POINT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS. duryes

quanchi112
If New Gods get the 7 Imperishable treasures, Worlogog, Father Box's, or even a Geneis Box, they can effect things on a universal or multiversal level. Like restarting the universe? Originally posted by Allankles
I meant equipment when I used the word tech, there's nothing to be confused about with the destroyer.

Scott Free or Takion would easily neutralize such a device. False.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Quan, honestly you should try to be more fair. You use ABC logic against DC and then you use ABC in favour ofMarvel.

Superman is similar to Thanos, both are more or less plot devices.

And Highfather is at the very LEAST = Odin No, no, no. Surfer is a plot device and he goes down hard to Thanos. Supes is nowhere near as powerful as say Monarch. He can however defeat Ds. Izaya is a joke compared to Odin. A joke I say.Originally posted by cloud102
Galaxies? New Gods are capable of creating weapons that can effect the UNIVERSE. Worlogog, Geneisis Box, Xor, etc... And? What success have they had with these items?Originally posted by leonheartmm
dude new genesis wud RAPE asgard! even if you got rune king thor and the full powered destroyed and loki AND the frost giants! Have you read any Thor books?

quanchi112
There are countless scenarios that would enable a New Gods win. And countless characters and weapons that have to be banned to make it a fair fight.

THE POINT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS. duryes No, it isn't obvious because it isn't true. Odin on his own in the destroyer armor could lay waste to new genesis imo. Doomsday was all that was needed for apokolips. So a brutish brick with no brain activity whatsoever can topple an entire planet of new gods so what do you think a guy who can effect the mutliverse can do to them in his destroyer armor?

TricksterPriest
Genesis Box. Universe go boom.
Sun crusher. Boom.
Worlogog. Boom.
Morrow cube. Boom.
Brimstone army. Boom.
Infinite parademon army. Boom.
Boomtube/Doomtube. Boom.
Omega Effect sent into the past. Boom.
Energy Seeds. Boom
Mortioccus. Boom.

And Doomsday is capable of beating almost anyone in Asgard. And when he was on Apokolips, oh look, there's Henshaw. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Sun crusher. Boom.
Worlogog. Boom.
Morrow cube. Boom.
Brimstone army. Boom.
Boomtube/Doomtube. Boom.
Energy Seeds. Boom
Mortioccus. Boom.

And Doomsday is capable of beating almost anyone in Asgard. And when he was on Apokolips, oh look, there's Henshaw. stick out tongue How does resetting the universe mean ng wins? Doomsday would get annihilated by Odin and Thor beat him in the crossover by the by.

cloud102
They don't have to restart anything.

quanchi112
They don't have to restart anything. Isn't that what the genesis box does?

cloud102
No.

quanchi112
No. Ok, enlighten me. I thought that is exactly what it did in rock of ages. Am I mixed up?

Starscream M
Sun crusher. Boom.
Worlogog. Boom.
Morrow cube. Boom.
Brimstone army. Boom.
Boomtube/Doomtube. Boom.
Energy Seeds. Boom
Mortioccus. Boom.

And Doomsday is capable of beating almost anyone in Asgard. And when he was on Apokolips, oh look, there's Henshaw. stick out tongue universe go boom = New Gods go boom too...unless they BFR themselves...which = loss

cloud102
universe go boom = New Gods go boom too...unless they BFR themselves...which = loss

Not if they have the Worlogog.

quanchi112
Not if they have the Worlogog. You are trying to give them access to weapons and tech they usually don't have access to or used in one particular story.

occultdestroyer
Prometheus Giants. Boom.

quanchi112
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Prometheus Giants. Boom. You mean Promethian?

cloud102
You are trying to give them access to weapons and tech they usually don't have access to or used in one particular story.

That's why i said IF they have access to their weapons. Plus they have access to more than one uber weapon.

quanchi112
That's why i said IF they have access to their weapons. Plus they have access to more than one uber weapon. I always get the idea that most of these threads are designed to be war-type scenarios without one side having access to something rarely used that is kind of cheap though for arguments sake. I mean it isn't like the new gods use this stuff when facing bigger than characters such as Yuga Khan and Infinity Man.

cloud102
They don't use weapons in wars? They have used them in the past. It's not like Orion uses some, but we ARE talking about EVERYONE in New Genesis. It's not like the creator of the weapons (Himon) will not use them, because they have.

TricksterPriest
This is bullshit. You're going to allow the Asgardians to use the destroyer, Cask of ancient winters, the Odinsword and other things, but the new gods don't have any of their super weapons? Hell, you wanted to use the 2000ft Destroyer.

That's the height of hypocrisy, Quan.

Infinity Man gets manhandled by Darkseid and is an ally of New Genesis. Not applicable.

Yuga Khan was able to depower ALL the new gods and pierce the Source Wall by sheer power. Again, Not applicable. Especially because he could probably solo Asgard.

And let's not forget that in any thread like this, Metron is always a factor. And we saw what kind of crazy things he can come up with if motivated. And considering he's a hired gun, it's easily within the bounds of possibility that he would aid New Genesis. Darkseid isn't the only one who's contracted him out, Highfather's made use of his inventions as well.

Starscream M

And let's not forget that in any thread like this, Metron is always a factor. And we saw what kind of crazy things he can come up with if motivated. And considering he's a hired gun, it's easily within the bounds of possibility that he would aid New Genesis. Darkseid isn't the only one who's contracted him out, Highfather's made use of his inventions as well. where in my scenario did I allow hiring outsiders? you can't.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>