Heroism vs Mjolnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Which characters are worthy enough to wield Mjolnir?

Wade Wilson
Stever Rogers, Peter Parker.

Slaanesh
i don't like it..but i think Supes can..he's like what..the living embodiment of righteousness..he must be worthy..

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Slaanesh
i don't like it..but i think Supes can..he's like what..the living embodiment of righteousness..he must be worthy..

Captain Marvel (Billy), Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Comet, Karate Kid. Captain America, BRB, Rick Jones stick out tongue , Kitty Pride,

Wolverine

paperbag1

Thanos

bye

occultdestroyer
The Batman

Bentley
Kang the Conqueror eek!

UKR
It always annoyed me how anyone who's just barely "good" enough to put on a pair of tights somehow qualifies as worthy to lift Mjolnir. Thor should be depicted like he deserves, as the prince and champion of the greatest pantheon...dumbasses like Spider-Man, Beta Ray Bill, Red Norvell, etc should never, ever be able to do this. The only two men besides Thor who should be treated as worthy are Superman and Captain America. In fact, not even Superman, because IMO the hammer's worthiness law should be written in more Viking-ish terms, so only men with the fighter/warrior/combatant thing going on should be able to do it. Vikings wouldn't think Superman very heroic. I guess WW can also do it (pure enough, has the fighter thing).

I also do agree with the depiction where King Thor was unable to lift the hammer after he went nuts and killed Rogers. Only the worthiest man in Valhalla should be able to lift the hammer of the gods. It shouldn't matter that the hammer is powered by the Odinforce; Thor should only have been chosen as the wielder because he's good enough, and Viking enough, for it.

gogogadgetgo
obviously thor and captain america. wonder woman too. superman? meh, i know its a sucky crossover but superman wasnt able to lift it again after the final battle. which probably means he's not really worthy to wield it.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
obviously thor and captain america. wonder woman too. superman? meh, i know its a sucky crossover but superman wasnt able to lift it again after the final battle. which probably means he's not really worthy to wield it.

I don't think neither Wonder Woman nor Supes are worthy of lifting it.

Maybe Barry Allen.

D_Dude1210
Silver Surfer

Lord Feron
WW lifted in the non-cnon crossover. Man she would have been so freaking nasty if she kept it somehow. Yeah WW can def carry imo.

Maybe Thing... that would be weird...

Steve Rodgers

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Lord Feron
WW lifted in the non-cnon crossover. Man she would have been so freaking nasty if she kept it somehow. Yeah WW can def carry imo.

Maybe Thing... that would be weird...

Steve Rodgers

Thing tried and failed.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thing tried and failed.

probably because hes too ugly...

Kris Blaze
probably because hes too ugly...

Yeah....wait...Superman did itmmm

Lord Feron
Yeah....wait...Superman did itmmm
OH Snap... hey is it me or sometimes when superman is drawn he looks a bit Asian? I mean I know this is really off topic but anyone else notice that?

Philosophía
is it me or sometimes when superman is drawn he looks a bit Asian? I mean I know this is really off topic but anyone else notice that?

It's you.

Kris Blaze
OH Snap... hey is it me or sometimes when superman is drawn he looks a bit Asian? I mean I know this is really off topic but anyone else notice that?

It's because Superman lika da flied lice.

Philosophía
Batman would pick it.

And then throw it away.

Bouboumaster
Huc

Wade Wilson
Originally posted by UKR
dumbasses like Spider-Man, Beta Ray Bill, Red Norvell, etc should never, ever be able to do this. That was... uncalled for...sad

OneDumbG0
In current continuity, other than Odin, only three people have picked it up: Steve Rogers, Eric Masterson, Beta Ray Bill. That's about it.

Robots and Odin-powered creations like the Destroyer have picked it up, but not out of any worthiness. Red Norvell was only able to wield Mjolnir because Odin imbued some of Red Norvell's gear that was given to him with some more Odin-power.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
In current continuity, other than Odin, only three people have picked it up: Steve Rogers, Eric Masterson, Beta Ray Bill. That's about it.

Robots and Odin-powered creations like the Destroyer have picked it up, but not out of any worthiness. Red Norvell was only able to wield Mjolnir because Odin imbued some of Red Norvell's gear that was given to him with some more Odin-power.

Wonder Man has also wielded Mjolnir.

OneDumbG0
^ Think that had to do with Thor's soul or something being transferred into him.

beast1234
captain america, mr majestic, wonder woman and orion the dog of war

it has to be someone with a warrior nature and has honor. im not saying that superman has no fighting spirit(he has near infinite will power) it just that superman dose not have that warrior instinct/nature but he can still be nasty mother****er when it come to doing the right thing

OneDumbG0
^I agree with the warrior heart and honor idea. But I think Mr. Majestic is too aloof and detached from basic humanity for him to pick up Mjolnir. Wonderwoman was starting to become aloof in Infinite Crisis, but while she switched, she did kill Maxwell Lord. So I think she wouldn't be worthy either. As for Orion... he seems a bit too contemptuous generally of his foes and non-New Gods. I'd pick Superman over those three to be the closest to picking it up, but considering how self-sacrificing, noble and full of heart Ben Grimm is... I don't know.

Bentley
Thor kills a lot, I don't think Diana would be penalized for that.

OneDumbG0
^ True. But I just think her killing Maxwell Lord was much more ruthless and cold-hearted. It was outright murder. Off the top of my head, he killed Loki once, Mangog, a Thanos-clone and Durok. I wouldn't be surprised if he has killed more. Do you know anymore of his victims off the top of your head? Nearly all of classic Thor's earlier stories involved his vow where he swore to never mortally harm people.

TricksterPriest
Honestly, Orion is probably one of the best picks for spirit, but there's something else that might stop him.

Worthy warrior, qualifies in almost every category, except one. He has his father's rage.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Honestly, Orion is probably one of the best picks for spirit, but there's something else that might stop him.

Worthy warrior, qualifies in almost every category, except one. He has his father's rage.

He is merciless and very not righteous. Yeah he is one of the good guys but like he does plenty of stuff that most "heroes" wouldn't do.

OneDumbG0
^ I agree that his lack of mercy hurts his chances. But I don't think his rage would matter. Thor has become enraged plenty of times to the point of endangering innocents. Sometimes to the point of being a rabid dog.

psycho gundam
just look up the oath on mjolnir, that is the best answer for this thread op.

and superman was apparently only able to lift mjolnir due to the universal conflict, after it was over the hammer rejected him.
could be the same for diana since in that cross-over a threat was looming over the universe.

TricksterPriest
I called BS on that part. Superman is more worthy than anyone, but even HE isn't worthy of the hammer? Weak-sauce.

Wondy could do it on a technicality, she was made from clay. galan_wonderwoman

psycho gundam
she has soul though, that's what robots and the destroyer lack.

Allankles
Supes one of the few that I would even term worthier than Thor given his high principles. BRB, Steve Rogers, Billy Batson, Diana. Others not mentioned like Alan Scott, Nova, Kilowog et al. There are plenty of worthy candidates in comics.

Anti-Monitor
Dr Strange?

Silent Master
I called BS on that part. Superman is more worthy than anyone, but even HE isn't worthy of the hammer? Weak-sauce.

Why would Superman not being worthy of a Norse warhammer be considered "weak sauce"?

beast1234
He is merciless and very not righteous. Yeah he is one of the good guys but like he does plenty of stuff that most "heroes" wouldn't do.

orion is not completely merciless the guy was raise on new genesis orion is an honorable warrior

ThunderGodEneru
Red Hulk. 131

Priest
Dead Pool.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Priest
Dead Pool.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3272679341_c4fb02c83e.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3400/3272679237_5cf0484831.jpg

Endless Mike
I bet Batman could

LordofBrooklyn
I think T'Challa is worthy of picking up Mjolnir.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Priest
Dead Pool. That was a fake Mjolnir.
Originally posted by Allankles
Supes one of the few that I would even term worthier than Thor given his high principles. BRB, Steve Rogers, Billy Batson, Diana. Others not mentioned like Alan Scott, Nova, Kilowog et al. There are plenty of worthy candidates in comics. Hell, who's more noble-hearted than the ever loving blue-eyed Thing? He clearly wasn't worthy. Sorry, but wielding Mjolnir is more than just about being a boy scout.

Silent Master
Made by Loki, IIRC.

Allankles
That was a fake Mjolnir.
Hell, who's more noble-hearted than the ever loving blue-eyed Thing? He clearly wasn't worthy. Sorry, but wielding Mjolnir is more than just about being a boy scout.

The question is about being worthy, not who would lift it. Lifting it or not is usually down to plot, but if you're talking worthiness Supes and Steve Rogers are over qualified.

darthgoober

Don't forget that it's "worthy" by Odin's definition. Supes doesn't really strike me as the type that Odin would take a shine to due to his unwillingness to kill. I could totally see Wondey being qualified though...

I'm Bran
Loki has lifted it iirc.

Two other chars have lifted it. Drago something. And when Thor was fighting Desak.

Odin.

OneDumbG0
^ Dargo. A future Thor. Odin was already mentioned. Can't recall when Loki lifted it.

Silent Master
I believe the Loki example was another fake that he'd made.

I'm Bran
^ Dargo. A future Thor. Odin was already mentioned. Can't recall when Loki lifted it. He took over Odin's body, but I think there was another time... meh

Zeus

The guy he fought before 8th Day iirc

Silent Guardian
Ares

OneDumbG0
^ Zeus stopped it in mid-flight if I recall. I don't believe he ever actually lifted it. If Loki possessed Odin's body and the Odinpower, sure he could lift it.

Guy he fought before the 8th Day???

Ares???

I don't recall these.

Silent Guardian
^ Zeus stopped it in mid-flight if I recall. I don't believe he ever actually lifted it. If Loki possessed Odin's body and the Odinpower, sure he could lift it.

Ares???

I don't recall these.

It was a joke

OneDumbG0
^ chair

Naija boy
IIRC The guy he fought before eigth day was Enrakt the enchanter

Silent Hero
Galactus could do it.

occultdestroyer
LT can do it

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by I'm Bran
He took over Odin's body, but I think there was another time... meh

Zeus

The guy he fought before 8th Day iirc You're right... msn-oh

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/th_Loki01.jpg

I'll have to check out the 8th Day thing too...

skygunner41
power ranger could.

Batman-Prime

Ares???

I don't recall these.

Zeus stopped and hold it, he surely can lift it. He is as worthy as Odin himself. Most of the Skyfathers (Pantheon leaders) should be able to lift it IMHO.

Sin I AM
id love to see billy wield the hammer

beast1234
ares might have a chance since he has changes his ways

I-Drop
Sorry, but wielding Mjolnir is more than just about being a boy scout. Ditto. Supes ain't worthy. Cap clearly is. WW might be. Namor? Nick Fury? Black Bolt, Black Panther

King Kandy
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Zeus stopped and hold it, he surely can lift it. He is as worthy as Odin himself. Most of the Skyfathers (Pantheon leaders) should be able to lift it IMHO.
Zeus lifting it doesn't really matter since his power is great enough that the enchantment wouldn't have any effect.

Mekrob

Ares???

I don't recall these.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ZuesvsThor2.jpg

iirc
It was one of the people he fought around that arc.

You're right... msn-oh

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/th_Loki01.jpg

I'll have to check out the 8th Day thing too... OK

Grog also lifted it.

Mekrob
Bor, and I haven't read the Super Skrull instance in a while, but I think she lifted it as well.

OneDumbG0
^ The first Super Skrull fight? He definitely did not lift it.

beast1234
^I agree with the warrior heart and honor idea. But I think Mr. Majestic is too aloof and detached from basic humanity for him to pick up Mjolnir. Wonderwoman was starting to become aloof in Infinite Crisis, but while she switched, she did kill Maxwell Lord. So I think she wouldn't be worthy either. As for Orion... he seems a bit too contemptuous generally of his foes and non-New Gods. I'd pick Superman over those three to be the closest to picking it up, but considering how self-sacrificing, noble and full of heart Ben Grimm is... I don't know.

I don't see how being aloof would limit someone from wield. Has long has your a warrior that is noble, honarable and compassionate nothing should limit you from wielding Mjolnir.

Mshinu
The first Nite Owl. The Phantom.

thanos-prime
Hercules

Kris Blaze
Problem is that being "worthy" goes by Odin's standards, he was the one who created the enchantment. Seeing as he has killed a couple of billion beings throughout the years, I doubt he would object to Wonder Woman killing Lord. He would object to her being a woman though, they are clearly not worthy of lifting Mjolnir.

So let's get the list out of the way.

Dargo Ktor, Eric Masterson, Beta Ray Bill, Bor, Odin, Grog, Red Norvell and Steve Rogers. These are the ones that come to mind instantly.

Bentley
In my opinion to wield mjolnir you must be some sort of heroic, embodiment of people, willing to do anything to save them, which is why Steve Rogers can use it (because of his actions during the war), and not Kal.

the ninjak
Rogue can drain him till he is dry then take the hammer.
She won't be Rogue anymore though.
A What If issue

rader
Why don't we just give it back to Ragnarok. I would like to see that in the Dark Avengers

the ninjak
Problem is that being "worthy" goes by Odin's standards, he was the one who created the enchantment. Seeing as he has killed a couple of billion beings throughout the years, I doubt he would object to Wonder Woman killing Lord. He would object to her being a woman though, they are clearly not worthy of lifting Mjolnir.

I've always believed 'What If' issues to be what would actually happen if certain choices were made.
And when Rogue became Thor Odin wept tears of pride and allowed her to continue in her sons footsteps.
He doesn't mind a woman wielding Mjornir.
Could just be an isolated incident however due to her absorbing him.

Colossus-Big C
Colossus(has weild it)
WWH
Spectre
Utah
Rulk
Zeus(has weild it)
Galactus

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Colossus(has weild it) when was this issue or scan
WWH-your crazy
Spectre-
Utah
Rulk-only in space or by Thor holding his hand
Zeus(has weild it)
Galactus

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/23721/584533-colossus_sketch_by_pierread_super.jpg

Colossus-Big C
if thor was to place it in someones unworthy hand and let it go, what would happen?

the ninjak
if thor was to place it in someones unworthy hand and let it go, what would happen?

Depends on the durability of their fingers

DarkOdin
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/23721/584533-colossus_sketch_by_pierread_super.jpg

Not the real Mjolnir it looks lke ultimate version which would be non-canon for 616 and that Thor hammer from what i remember never had an enchanment on it as he used 2 different hammer plus he had a number of other versions

Kris Blaze
Hyperion was once kept in check simply by having Mjolnir on his chest.

DarkOdin
Hyperion was once kept in check simply by having Mjolnir on his chest. laughing Do you have a scan on that???

beast1234

So let's get the list out of the way.

Dargo Ktor, Eric Masterson, Beta Ray Bill, Bor, Odin, Grog, Red Norvell and Steve Rogers. These are the ones that come to mind instantly.

Viking are not sexist.

Giant Cock
Jesus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.