Konvikt vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anti-Monitor
1. With BFR
2. Without BFR.

Who wins?

Bentley
Gladiator in both. Too fast, way too good at fighting.

BruceSkywalker
Gladiator ftw

tkitna
Glads

carver9
Glads easily. Stronger, faster, more durable, more powerful and a way better fighter

Tony Stark
Gladiator

Galan007
Judging by pretty much all of Gladiator's battles, he'd more than likely charge at Konvikt just like Superman first did.... In which case he'd be owned with a single punch, just like Superman was.

I mean think about it, Konvikt pummeled the collective efforts of John Stewart, Firestorm, Black Canary, Flash, WW, Superman, Hawkgirl, Black Lightning, Vixen, etc. Never would I give the odds to Gladiator vs. all those characters. Especially when he doesn't have access to the same gas/plot device that Supes used to down Konvikt.

srsly

I'm going with the fuzz ball, here.

guy222
Konvikt

jalek moye
Konvikt

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
Judging by pretty much all of Gladiator's battles, he'd more than likely charge at Konvikt just like Superman first did.... In which case he'd be owned with a single punch, just like Superman was.

I mean think about it, Konvikt pummeled the collective efforts of John Stewart, Firestorm, Black Canary, Flash, WW, Superman, Hawkgirl, Black Lightning, Vixen, etc. Never would I give the odds to Gladiator vs. all those characters. Especially when he doesn't have access to the same gas/plot device that Supes used to down Konvikt.

srsly

I'm going with the fuzz ball, here.

Are you saying that Supes get shit-stomped by Konvikt? eek!

Naija boy
Gladiator. On KMC superman would use his speed against konvict and gladiator would do the same

Knowsbleed33
Konvikt.

Lord Feron
Gladiator with ease.... IDK why DC made konvict like he is so badass. Supes on his own should have been able to win.

Also didn't supes let Kon punch him in the face? (damn idiot)

Glads will not play such games with a enemy.

cloud102
Mr. K. ftw.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bentley
Are you saying that Supes get shit-stomped by Konvikt? eek! I'm saying that Superman was downed with a single punch when he decided to just charge at Konvikt when they first met. I see that as a very relevant point, because most of Gladiator's battles suggest that he would do much the same thing (ie. try to bullrush Konvikt and see what happens.)

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Also didn't supes let Kon punch him in the face? (damn idiot) No. srsly

Bentley
But he would speedblitz at so much speed (using KMC rules) that he would notice Konvikt has durability. If he chooses to slug it out from there, then he is just silly.

Galan007
But he would speedblitz at so much speed (using KMC rules) that he would notice Konvikt has durability. If he chooses to slug it out from there, then he is just silly. Even if speedblitzing was in character for Gladiator (which it's really not) - Konvikt was able to counter blitzing from Flash, while he was fighting various other characters (and with little difficulty, at that.)

quanchi112
Konvikt wins.

Lord Feron
I'm saying that Superman was downed with a single punch when he decided to just charge at Konvikt when they first met. I see that as a very relevant point, because most of Gladiator's battles suggest that he would do much the same thing (ie. try to bullrush Konvikt and see what happens.)

No. srsly

Really Supes didn't let Knovict punch him in the face? Then I guess he did straight up get knocked the **** out.

I was under the impression DC fanboys believed Supes allowed Konvict to lay him out to "gain his measure." Sorry about that.

IMO Konvict should never have gotten as far as he did in DC.

Bentley
Even if speedblitzing was in character for Gladiator (which it's really not) - Konvikt was able to counter blitzing from Flash, while he was fighting various other characters (and with little difficulty, at that.)

Gladiator has speed blitzed, and also, we are to suppose they use their abilities to the fullest, that means speed.

Flashes had been countered by Deathstroke, it could just be PIS, if he had blitzed other characters or given proof of actual super speed I would accept that, but hitting Flash has been done a lot in comics.

Galan007
Gladiator has speed blitzed, and also, we are to suppose they use their abilities to the fullest, that means speed.

Flashes had been countered by Deathstroke, it could just be PIS, if he had blitzed other characters or given proof of actual super speed I would accept that, but hitting Flash has been done a lot in comics. Point is, if Konvikt can counter a blitz from Flash, he can counter a blitz from Gladiator.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Konvict wins and to me it's really not that close.

Bentley
Point is, if Konvikt can counter a blitz from Flash, he can counter a blitz from Gladiator.

So if Glads was to use all his full speed Deathstroke would tag him? erm

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Konvict wins and to me it's really not that close. Considering the characters Konvikt owned, I would tend to agree.

So if Glads was to use all his full speed Deathstroke would tag him? erm Yep! Just like he owned Kyle. PIS-free, I tell ya! yes

OneDumbG0
Judging by pretty much all of Gladiator's battles, he'd more than likely charge at Konvikt just like Superman first did.... In which case he'd be owned with a single punch, just like Superman was.Gladiator attacks Konvikt's fist with his face like Superman and loses.

jalek moye
gladiator has a very similar style to supermans, and loses because of it

Naija boy
Did Konvikt really counter flashes blitz? i thought he just thunderclapped or something and knocked flash down?

Bentley
Originally posted by Naija boy
Did Konvikt really counter flashes blitz? i thought he just thunderclapped or something and knocked flash down?

Some scans would be useful at the very least.

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Gladiator attacks Konvikt's fist with his face like Superman and loses. The 'hawk might cushion the blow? stick out tongue

Did Konvikt really counter flashes blitz? i thought he just thunderclapped or something and knocked flash down? Thunderclap/stomp - the likes of which also owned Firestorm and John Stewart.

jalek moye
hey what comics did konvikt do all this in. i'll probbly buy them later today

Bentley
The 'hawk might cushion the blow? stick out tongue

Thunderclap/stomp - the likes of which also owned Firestorm and John Stewart.

So he didn't even tag him? Wally just walked into the clap!? eek!

Mindset
Originally posted by jalek moye
hey what comics did konvikt do all this in. i'll probbly buy them later today Trinity, it's crap, don't buy it.

Galan007
Originally posted by jalek moye
hey what comics did konvikt do all this in. i'll probbly buy them later today "Trinity" #3-5, iirc. But don't waste your time reading that series. It's garbage.

So he didn't even tag him? Wally just walked into the clap!? eek! First time, Wally was in the process of blitzing Konvikt (like you said Glads would do.) A thunderstomp was sufficient to counter that assault and pwn Flash.

Second time, Konvikt was fighting Flash/GL/FS, so a thunderclap was an easy way for him to simultaneously own all of them.

Naija boy

Thunderclap/stomp - the likes of which also owned Firestorm and John Stewart.

Firestorm and John stewart( without shields) arent in gladiators class durability wise nor speed wise. Also Flash being knocked out by a thunderclap or stomp is either some serious PIS (if anyone argues for hulk using the same manoever theyd be laughed at and rightly so) or tells us that flash was definitely moving extremely slowly by his standards in order for it to affect him. Considering the combat speed glads has displayed (his battle with hyperion was being measured in nanseconds) Konvikt shud have little to no chance of countering a speedblitz from him as thunderclapping or hitting the ground certainly isnt going to work.

Mindset
All are weaker than Glads.

Stewart must have been daydreaming.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
All are weaker than Glads. And he moves in teh NANOSECONDS!!

Lord Feron
"Trinity" #3-5, iirc. But don't waste your time reading that series. It's garbage.

First time, Wally was in the process of blitzing Konvikt (like you said Glads would do.) A thunderstomp was sufficient to counter that assault and pwn Flash.

Second time, Konvikt was fighting Flash/GL/FS, so a thunderclap was an easy way for him to simultaneously own all of them.
I don't think the thunderclap is going to bother Gladiator. If he thunderclapped Supes, Capt marvel and Wonder women then Yes it would definitly have an affect on Glads.

Mindset
And he moves in teh NANOSECONDS!! It wasn't really a joke, he has better durability than them.

I doubt a thunderclap is going to put him down for any significant amount of time.

jalek moye
It wasn't really a joke, he has better durability than them.

I doubt a thunderclap is going to put him down for any significant amount of time.
that sleeper he gave supes would

Philosophía
And he moves in teh NANOSECONDS!!

Which would help him avoid teh thunderclap, and pummel Konvikt repeatedly before he could react. uhuh

Galan007
It wasn't really a joke, he has better durability than them.

I doubt a thunderclap is going to put him down for any significant amount of time. I never said it would. I said that's how he countered Flash's ground blitz. Konvikt has more than enough strength to put Gladiator down.

Doesn't really matter though. Gladiator won't be able to BFR Konvikt, so this battle would stay confined to it's original field. That said, unless there's proof Glads has moved in teh nanoseconds on an actual planet (not flying around in space,) then why would I believe he'd be moving any faster than Superman and the like in this battle?

If there is proof, then I'll happily condede that point. smile

Naija boy
I never said it would. I said that's how he countered Flash's ground blitz. Konvikt has more than enough strength to put Gladiator down.

Doesn't really matter though. Gladiator won't be able to BFR Konvikt, so this battle would stay confined to it's original field. That said, unless there's proof Glads has moved in teh nanoseconds on an actual planet (not flying around in space,) then why would I believe he'd be moving any faster than Superman and the like in this battle?

whats so significantly differentiates his feats in space and those on a planet?

Galan007
whats so significantly differentiates his feats in space and those on a planet? As far as speed goes? There's quite a few factors.

Mindset
I never said it would. I said that's how he countered Flash's ground blitz. Konvikt has more than enough strength to put Gladiator down.

If there is proof, then I'll happily condede that point. smile But you brought up the point of him countering Flash as proof that he could counter Glads, you nerd.

Galan007
But you brought up the point of him countering Flash as proof that he could counter Glads, you nerd. Right, and if Glads was in some way ground blitzing Konvikt, then the maneuvers he used on some of ther heroes would, imo, be enough to at least slow/halt Gladiator.

Mindset
Right, and if Glads was in some way ground blitzing Konvikt, then the maneuvers he used on some of ther heroes would, imo, be enough to at least slow/halt Gladiator. What is ground blitzing? You mean running?

I thought you just said in your response to my earlier post you weren't saying a thunderclap would affect him...

Galan007
What is ground blitzing? You mean running?

I thought you just said in your response to my earlier post you weren't saying a thunderclap would affect him... I mean him blitzing a ground based opponent, on an actual planet.

You misunderstand. I think a thunderclap would certainly affect Gladiator - I don't think it would be enough to KO him, though.

Mindset
I mean him blitzing a ground based opponent, on an actual planet.

You misunderstand. I think a thunderclap would certainly affect Gladiator - I don't think it would be enough to KO him, though.

He blitzed Thor and Cannonball, not that they are speedsters or anything, though.

What makes you think a thunderclap will affect him?

Naija boy
As far as speed goes? There's quite a few factors.

Scientifically yes ( i assume u r referring to friction levelS) but in comics i dont think such things play too much of a role. And still given gladiators strength level his speed wouldnt reduce substantially.

another glads blitz
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4397/gladpower26gw.jpg

Galan007
He blitzed Thor and Cannonball, not that they are speedsters or anything, though. The Thor one still makes me lol. And you mean the same battle with Cannonball where Gladiator used his 'most powerful punch' that not only failed to do anything, but Glads also became much weaker afterward, due to lack of confidence... That one? Because judging by that I'd think that once Konvikt tags Glads, his confidence would sure as hell sway.

Mindset
The Thor one still makes me lol. And you mean the same battle with Cannonball where Gladiator used his 'most powerful punch' that not only failed to do anything, but Glads also became much weaker afterward, due to lack of confidence... That one? Because I'm thinking that once Konvikt tags Glads, his confidence would sure as hell sway. I don't think you read the Cannonball fight right, and why did you ignore the rest of my post?

Galan007
another glads blitz
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4397/gladpower26gw.jpg Glads failing against Reed doesn't impress me.

Mindset
That wasn't really Reed

Philosophía
Yeah, it was just an illusion.

It was actually Captain America with his shield.

no expression

Galan007
I don't think you read the Cannonball fight right, As far as his confidence swaying, thus making him much weaker? That's a well known fact, I thought?

and why did you ignore the rest of my post? Because I've already stated my opinion regarding that. Why keep going in a circle?

Mindset
As far as his confidence swaying, thus making him much weaker? That's a well known fact, I thought?

Because I've already stated my opinion regarding that. Why keep going in a circle? I don't think you read the fight right.

You stated your opinion, you didn't state the reasoning behind you opinion.

Mindset

Galan007
I don't think you read the fight right. Cannonball used Gladiator's confidence weakness against him.

Lord Feron
As far as his confidence swaying, thus making him much weaker? That's a well known fact, I thought?

Because I've already stated my opinion regarding that. Why keep going in a circle?

You are right kinda....

Canonball was able to kinetically absorb all the force of the punch. IMO it's going to be the greatest feat Cannonball has ever did and maybe ever will do. Not that canonball was stronger it was just the creative use of his powers. A few panels later it was explained that the move was completly experimental and he wasn't even sure if it was gonna work. BUt i guess it's better than standing there and being a bloddy stain on his hand.

Also Glads only loses confidence when his greatest hits do not faze a character at all. Konvict is nowhere near that category. He has fought the likes of Hyperion and DP Tyrant without even losing confidence.

Naija boy
Glads failing against Reed doesn't impress me.

It wasnt really reed( iirc it was caps shield) and my emphasis was on his speed. further as i said before glads speed level wont be greatly reduced at all on a planetary environment.

Mindset
Cannonball used Gladiator's confidence weakness against him. Gladiator's confidence dropped because he thought Sam was some weak mutant.

In the majority of his showings his confidence doesn't suddenly drop like that.

iceman24567
Gladiator's confidence dropped because he thought Sam was some weak mutant.

In the majority of his showings his confidence doesn't suddenly drop like that. Yeah because Cannonball isn't a weak mutant compared to Gladz laughing

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yeah because Cannonball isn't a weak mutant compared to Gladz laughing no expression

Didn't understand my post?

iceman24567
no expression

Didn't understand my post? No i did i just found their encounter to be pretty funny.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
No i did i just found their encounter to be pretty funny. Oh yea, me too.

OneDumbG0
I don't remember if that is true or not, but if it is I don't see how that is a bad feat when Cap's shield is one of, if not the hardest substance shown in Marvel. Yes, Reed used a hologram to disguise Cap so that Gladiator would pummel against what he thought was Reed. Reed surmised that Gladiator's powers were psionic in nature to an extent. And no it's not a bad feat. It isn't just the most hardest substance, it also absorbs nearly all impact as long as Cap has some sort of set leverage. Cap with an adamantium shield would get blown away by those blows. Cap with his true shield can stand there and take em. Gotta love comic science.

Enyalus
Eh, I think Gladiator in both. From the fight with Superman, where he simply charged ahead and got one-shotted, it didn't seem like Superman was going very fast. Because if he was, Konvikt wouldn't have been able to react. Look at how long it took him to react against Flash's blitz. Glads has been known to bullrush pretty quickly. Vs. Torch, Thor, Wonder Man, Cannonball, the Eldest, etc. I don't think Konvikt would be able to react to it. Plus the whole, being a superior fighter thing, etc. etc.

So Glads takes both scenarios.

Batman-Prime
KMC fight
1. Glads
2. Konvikt

Badabing
I swear people didn't read all two comics in their entirety where Konvikt squared off with the JLA. The JLA was more concerned with saving the citizens of the town, then moving the fight away from people than going full out. Cripes, the dialogue states as much.

That said, once Konvikt was away from the town, Superman was gaining the advantage per the dialogue and then WW was at the very least holding her own. Then of course Batman saved the day. biscuits

My point is that one encounter was impressive but I don't think it's nearly enough to get a majority over Glads.

durfist

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Badabing
I swear people didn't read all two comics in their entirety where Konvikt squared off with the JLA. The JLA was more concerned with saving the citizens of the town, then moving the fight away from people than going full out. Cripes, the dialogue states as much.

That said, once Konvikt was away from the town, Superman was gaining the advantage per the dialogue and then WW was at the very least holding her own. Then of course Batman saved the day. biscuits

My point is that one encounter was impressive but I don't think it's nearly enough to get a majority over Glads.

durfist

I think that Konvikt has few showings so we can't really say how powerful he is. But Glads lost against Gambit, I mean 'comon GAMBIT!

shifty

OneDumbG0

durfist I agree with this. Also, Konvikt appears to be a mindless brawler and he doesn't get his lil midget friend to help either.

Won't stop Gladiator from attacking Konvikt's fist with his face a couple of times though. rolling on floor laughing

j/k

Gladiator 6/10.

Raoul
Gladiator really should take this... Konvikt hasn't really been THAT impressive in his few showings imo...

quanchi112

durfist But he still took them on after storming through lanterns, etc. I see him as a powerful brick capable of defeating Glads. I think it's close don't get me wrong, but it wasn't like he showed up fresh and squared off against just WW or Superman.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
But he still took them on after storming through lanterns, etc. I see him as a powerful brick capable of defeating Glads. I think it's close don't get me wrong, but it wasn't like he showed up fresh and squared off against just WW or Superman. Warned for arguing with a mod.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t502961.html

biscuits

fangirl101
Not enough from Konvikt. At the very least he does seem to be strong enough to bust Superman's chops. He also gets more pwoerful in armored form. Per forum rules, he would start out in that form would he not?

quanchi112
Warned for arguing with a mod.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t502961.html

biscuits Next time I catch you on herochat I am going to harass you via pm.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Next time I catch you on herochat I am going to harass you via pm. crylaugh

I lol'd.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.