Martian Manhunter vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Martian Manhunter- Post fire weakness

vs

Thor- classic

Mindset
Thor

iceman24567
Thor

tkitna
If MM doesnt use telepathy, he's done.

Silent Hero
Originally posted by tkitna
QFT

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by tkitna

seconded

The Nuul
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
seconded

Third.

psycho gundam
j'onn won't be too fond of that lightning.

occultdestroyer
Martian Manhunter

Spire
MM

Martian_mind
J'onn.

Philosophía
Martian Manhunter.

Kris Blaze

Allankles
Peak MM could take Thor. He has so many powers not least of all intangibility as a great defense, mass gaining which allows him to morph into enormous sizes, and shapeshifting which makes him a monster in CQC. The fire weakness is there to balance things out with this guy.

Batman-Prime
MM 5/10

Thor 5/10

Naija boy
Thor

Lord Feron
MM takes majority if he focuses on a mental assault. He will love to a physical one eventually.

occultdestroyer
MM will mindrape Thor.

Bouboumaster
Thor

iceman24567
Thor would monologue his ears off then Ko his ass with his hammer.

Kris Blaze
MM most likely curls up like a baby in space.

Eel O'Brien
"Enow! The mind of gods was not meant to be tampered with by the like of thee!!"

Naija boy
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
"Enow! The mind of gods was not meant to be tampered with by the like of thee!!"

"Vile alien spawn, have at thee!!"

beast1234
thor will take this

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by Naija boy
"Vile alien spawn, have at thee!!"

"Perhaps mighty Mjolnir can reduce thy brow ridge!"

I could do this all day...

Allankles
They need to make a crossover with this, just to read the Thorspeak.

"Odin's beard, ye can change thigh shape. Escape my Mjlonir as if thou a ghost. Ymir's breaches, what hath the fates begotten for Thor? ye can grow to the size of trolls as well?

xJLxKing
Thor would get F^%$ed on. All MM has to do it become invisible, and transform into something smaller, and then just use mind rape. Once in a way use a punch or two. Thor's Odinforce is useless here. GoodBye Thor

beast1234
thor has immerse willpower so it not going to be easy for martian manhunter to mind rape him

Mindset
It wont be easy to mindrape when Mjolnir has removed his head.

SoulDevourer
Thor but no easy fight (btw can Thor do godblast without hammer? comics not consistent about this)

OneDumbG0
^ Yes he can do the godblast without his hammer. I actually don't know how resistant current Thor's mind is against telepathy. I do recall classic Thor getting subjugated by Moondragon though. But with the Odinforce... I dunno.

Thorion
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
Thor but no easy fight (btw can Thor do godblast without hammer? comics not consistent about this)

Really?

Martian-"Gorrilla Grodd poses a decent threat to me"-Manhunter is going to faze the mighty Thor?

Thor 10/10.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by beast1234
thor has immerse willpower so it not going to be easy for martian manhunter to mind rape him
actually thor barely ever showed power to stop a strong Telepathic attack

SupremeMan
Originally posted by beast1234

If the MM can turn non-corporeal, this could drag out forever as he tries to mind attack Thor who is extremely resistant. Audience misses who wins as they are all asleep by that time. Plus with the hammer, Thor has a lot of powers. Any cases of Thor affecting non-corporeal beings?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by xJLxKing
actually thor barely ever showed power to stop a strong Telepathic attack False and a gross mischaracterization that probably involves you never having read a Thor comic.

Mindset
Originally posted by SupremeMan
If the MM can turn non-corporeal, this could drag out forever as he tries to mind attack Thor who is extremely resistant. Audience misses who wins as they are all asleep by that time. Plus with the hammer, Thor has a lot of powers. Any cases of Thor affecting non-corporeal beings? Yes, against Vision

Mindset
actually thor barely ever showed power to stop a strong Telepathic attack lol

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Mindset
Yes, against Vision I don't remember that. How did it happen?

Mindset
Didn't you post the scan?

iceman24567
Lulz

OneDumbG0
Didn't you post the scan? I've posted scans of Silver Surfer doing it. Don't remember posting one of Thor. But I wouldn't be surprised. You might be crossing the feat of Surfer doing it to Vision and Thor undoing the forced phase by Kitty Pryde. But considering that Thor can undo a forced phase/rematerialization with Mjolnir, it's quite possible he could affect an intangible opponent.

I'll read some more back comics to see if Thor has done it to Vision.

Naija boy
Yes thor has affected vision while in an intangible state. It happen in Avengers annual 8 (vol 1) iirc

darthgoober
Didn't you post the scan?
Nope that was me...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3862/62634071nx7.th.jpg

psycho gundam
electricity and phased beings don't mix properly.

if j'onn phases the same way kitty does (aligning her molecules so they pass the atoms of matter), electrical currents will still effect him.

and the density of uru probably has an effect on phased beings as adamantium does, probably a slightly lessar effect.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by psycho gundam
if j'onn phases the same way kitty does (aligning her molecules so they pass the atoms of matter), electrical currents will still effect him.
no

Mindset
Originally posted by darthgoober
Nope that was me...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3862/62634071nx7.th.jpg ah yes thumb up

psycho gundam
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
no so how does his work?

Enyalus
J'onn's more powerful than the entire Justice League combined. Which includes Superman. Which, incidentally, makes him stronger than the entire GL Corps. So J'onn wins easily.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_AC821Manhunter.jpg

Priest
Odin Force or not, Thor kills him.

joesha28
Read Thor 600... An all out Thor and Bor fight showed Thor is a lil above skyfather level and he kicked dark avengers asses.

Martian_mind
Wow,and if the opening post didn't say that this was classic Thor,that might be relevant...stick out tongue

iceman24567
Originally posted by joesha28
Read Thor 600... An all out Thor and Bor fight showed Thor is a lil above skyfather level and he kicked dark avengers asses. sick What the f**k?

joesha28
I did not say that thor wins i just said read thor 600

Leobama
Originally posted by Enyalus
J'onn's more powerful than the entire Justice League combined. Which includes Superman. Which, incidentally, makes him stronger than the entire GL Corps. So J'onn wins easily.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_AC821Manhunter.jpg Yall gonna let him get away with that?

Priest
Originally posted by Leobama
Yall gonna let him get away with that?
That my friend is called hyperbole..Thor has shown to be able to handle intangible opponents, he beats the shit out of MM.

james2099
Thor will DESTROY him in an instant.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by joesha28
I did not say that thor wins i just said read thor 600

That might be relevant,if anyone had said you said he wins.

Priest
The above post is irrelevant erm

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Priest
The above post is irrelevant erm

It's a reference to an above post of mine.

But to be philisophical,what is it to be relevant?

TricksterPriest
IMO, if it's entertaining, to quote Mills Lane: "I'll allow it." durhmm And MM's phasing is dimensional and much much harder to affect.

I should also mention that if J'onn uses his shapeshifting well, he's an absolute monster to fight CQC. Look at how he trashed Ultraman in 2 panels.

OneDumbG0
Nope that was me...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3862/62634071nx7.th.jpg Can I be a jerk and take full credit for that anyway? eek!

Kris Blaze
Thor also healed himself from being phased into concrete from waist down, same incident where he actually knocked out Phoenix in THE MIDDLE of a telepathic attack.

Juntai
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Can I be a jerk and take full credit for that anyway? eek! Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I've posted scans of Silver Surfer doing it. Jerk!

carver9
thor win but this would be a good fight and Martian manhunter is underrated and I agree with him being the most powerful on the jla and if it wasnt for the gl I WOULD say that he is more powerful then the entire team combined.

The thing about it though is that I think that thor is more powerful and more versatile then a gl and I consider thor to be more powerful then the entire jla without a green lantern included.

Thors versatile pales to none and he is just as versatile and powerful as the surfer.

Good fight, thor 6/10

UniOmni
MM is too much of a fall guy to win here.

Bentley
MM is the most powerful in the league in basic status. When it comes to potential, Superman all the way.

Zack Fair
This is good fight.

Jonn is weaker when it comes to physical stats, but there is a lot more to him than that. He also doesn't tend to blitz/fight at superspeed(as far as I know) so Thor won't be getting overwhelmed.

Thor if MM is portrayed as a green Superman.

Much harder to decide if he uses all of his abilities.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Zack Fair
This is good fight.

Jonn is weaker when it comes to physical stats, but there is a lot more to him than that. He also doesn't tend to blitz/fight at superspeed(as far as I know) so Thor won't be getting overwhelmed.

Thor if MM is portrayed as a green Superman.

Much harder to decide if he uses all of his abilities.
You dont know what you are talking about.

MM will keep assaulting Thor with his Telapathy, and at the same time punch him just like Superman did. Do I need to remind people that Superman knock out Thor in one punch. MM basically is as strong as Superman. MM is also not weak against Magic. So we know he can take more hits then Superman. In addition, MM can transform into something bigger or smaller when time calls. Thor is outmatched especially since this is classic Thor.

Zack Fair
Ok I don't know what I'm talking about duriroll

Naija boy

MM will keep assaulting Thor with his Telapathy, and at the same time punch him just like Superman did. Do I need to remind people that Superman knock out Thor in one punch. MM basically is as strong as Superman. MM is also not weak against Magic. So we know he can take more hits then Superman. In addition, MM can transform into something bigger or smaller when time calls. Thor is outmatched especially since this is classic Thor.

Whoa whoa whoa. Thor outmatched? U must be joking. Also if u actually think that MM will knock out thor in one punch u need to go buy some comics. Thor is more durable than MM at least as strong and is more versatile. MM best bet is telepathy which thor has shown some resistance to. Thor is also superior offensively to MM.

Allankles
Thor is also superior offensively to MM.

Not so much against peak MM who can increase his density and change his shape into anything like Sandman or clayface. I've seen MM shape shift and spread his body to restrain the JLA. He would wrap himself around Thor's arm, wrap his body, wrap his neck... he's a beast.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Allankles
Not so much against peak MM who can increase his density and change his shape into anything like Sandman or clayface. I've seen MM shape shift and spread his body to restrain the JLA. He would wrap himself around Thor's arm, wrap his body, wrap his neck... he's a beast.

And thor would release an omnidirectional blast to fry him, ram with numerous lightning bolts simply etc.

kgkg
Originally posted by carver9
I WOULD say that he is more powerful then the entire team combined. What the f**k?

xJLxKing
Whoa whoa whoa. Thor outmatched? U must be joking. Also if u actually think that MM will knock out thor in one punch u need to go buy some comics. Thor is more durable than MM at least as strong and is more versatile. MM best bet is telepathy which thor has shown some resistance to. Thor is also superior offensively to MM.
This is classic Thor we are talking about. Not only that but Superman who is an equal to MM (maybe a little stronger) knocked out Thor in one punch. I don't see why MM can't do it about 2 punches.

Naija boy
This is classic Thor we are talking about. Not only that but Superman who is an equal to MM (maybe a little stronger) knocked out Thor in one punch. I don't see why MM can't do it about 2 punches.

Are u serious? MM knocking out Thor in two punches? hysterical And ur basing all this off that stupid crossover? thumb up

carver9

Can you stop using that stupid crossover.

xJLxKing
Are u serious? MM knocking out Thor in two punches? hysterical And ur basing all this off that stupid crossover? thumb up
Both copies accept the crossover even if you don't. So yeah, as long as both companies accept it I will use it

fangirl101
This could go either way. Thor prolly gets the Nod becuz of his status and popularity. Really that is what it amounts to. Cuz MM should be able to beat the crap out of even Superman.

Thor 7/10 cuz MM is a jobbersied.

Silent Hero
Originally posted by fangirl101
This could go either way. Thor prolly gets the Nod becuz of his status and popularity. Really that is what it amounts to. Cuz MM should be able to beat the crap out of even Superman.

best post on this thread

Naija boy
Both copies accept the crossover even if you don't. So yeah, as long as both companies accept it I will use it

Well obviously seeing as u havent read any thing with thor in it ever. What of thors other much higher feats which show he has far superior durability to what was shown in that innacurate crossover? We should just throw them all away and ignore them? thumb up

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Silent Hero
best post on this thread

agreed

darthgoober
And this is what MM would get for his trouble...
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1047/thor4651718nx7.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46519sf8.jpg

Stop lying, it took more than one punch to put Thor down. I seem to remember him walking right through Supes's HV in fact...

fangirl101
And this is what MM would get for his trouble...
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1047/thor4651718nx7.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46519sf8.jpg

Stop lying, it took more than one punch to put Thor down. I seem to remember him walking right through Supes's HV in fact... Not that I think MM will take the majority, but since when does Superskrull compare in the slightest to MM when it comes to self manipulation and strength? Not only would MM's grib be superior but, He can do things shape shifting that Skrull cannot. When MM pwned Ultraman, that was uber. He was literally filling up ULtraman's pores. Also, That thor looks suspicious. That isn't some amped up crazy version of thor you are trying to pass off is it?

darthgoober
Not that I think MM will take the majority, but since when does Superskrull compare in the slightest to MM when it comes to self manipulation and strength? Not only would MM's grib be superior but, He can do things shape shifting that Skrull cannot. When MM pwned Ultraman, that was uber. He was literally filling up ULtraman's pores. Also, That thor looks suspicious. That isn't some amped up crazy version of thor you are trying to pass off is it?
When did I say that SS was comparable to MM as far as strength and body manipulation? Someone said that MM could wrap Thor up and restrain Thor so I showed him countering the tactic. Being stronger that SS isn't going to make Thor less likely to blast with his hammer if MM wraps up his arms.

And no, it's not an amped Thor. He was a little out there at that point, but he wasn't in WM or anything yet.

fangirl101
When did I say that SS was comparable to MM as far as strength and body manipulation? Someone said that MM could wrap Thor up and restrain Thor so I showed him countering the tactic. Being stronger that SS isn't going to make Thor less likely to blast with his hammer if MM wraps up his arms.

And no, it's not an amped Thor. He was a little out there at that point, but he wasn't in WM or anything yet. Well MM's strength and manipulation would make the difference, If he's gripping Thor Tighter and with better control, Thor wouldn't be using the hammer to zap.

darthgoober
Well MM's strength and manipulation would make the difference, If he's gripping Thor Tighter and with better control, Thor wouldn't be using the hammer to zap.
How is being gripped tighter going to matter? He doesn't have to swing the hammer to send out lighting and being gripped tighter by MM isn't likely to make him forget about his ability to do so...

fangirl101
How is being gripped tighter going to matter? He doesn't have to swing the hammer to send out lighting and being gripped tighter by MM isn't likely to make him forget about his ability to do so...
Lulz for not getting it. MM has better control of his body. The lightning doesn't have to strike MM. He can make a hole around the blast or phase that part of his body so that it strikes Thor.

darthgoober
Lulz for not getting it. MM has better control of his body. The lightning doesn't have to strike MM. He can make a hole around the blast or phase that part of his body so that it strikes Thor.
I've already shown you Thor tagging intangible characters so we know that doesn't matter and if you're claiming that MM is capable of dodging a lightning blast from point blank range from a character he's trying to keep wrapped up you're going to need to show proof to support the claim if it's to be taken seriously.

Silent Guardian
Thor would win

Mindset
Thor wouldn't even need Mjolnir to attack him with lightning.

RSSR
I see Thor and MM splitting their match-ups evenly down the middle, that or they both out-maneuver each other forever.

fangirl101
I've already shown you Thor tagging intangible characters so we know that doesn't matter and if you're claiming that MM is capable of dodging a lightning blast from point blank range from a character he's trying to keep wrapped up you're going to need to show proof to support the claim if it's to be taken seriously.
No, show Thor striking someone on MM's lvl while being squeezed with Near Superman strength.

Mindset
no expression

UniOmni
Not that I think MM will take the majority, but since when does Superskrull compare in the slightest to MM when it comes to self manipulation and strength? Not only would MM's grib be superior but, He can do things shape shifting that Skrull cannot. When MM pwned Ultraman, that was uber. He was literally filling up ULtraman's pores. Also, That thor looks suspicious. That isn't some amped up crazy version of thor you are trying to pass off is it?

He was filling the pores of an Ultraman in the prime DCU, where he was growing exponentially weaker since he no longer was near kryptonite X if i recall.

Good feat, but there were other factors at play.

MM just doesn't have the showings on paper to beat the top dog of another universe imo.

On paper, he's got it, but that rarely ever follows through to fruition.

One of my favs, but truth be told, his record says he gets hammered here.

RSSR
Do I need to remind people that Superman knock out Thor in one punch. MM basically is as strong as Superman. MM is also not weak against Magic. So we know he can take more hits then Superman.

That is wwayyyy over-simplifying the facts. Thor literally waded through Supe's hv, just if to prove he could take it, when he simply could've used Mjolnir to absorb it.

That, and the combined forces of Hercules, Wonderman, Iron Man et al literally KOed Supes on the next page, indicating that Thor is on Superman's level such that he was exhausted after knocking out Thor.

I also seem to recall that Thor got right back up after being punched by both Superman and MM in the beginning of that issue. cool

fangirl101
Originally posted by UniOmni
He was filling the pores of an Ultraman in the prime DCU, where he was growing exponentially weaker since he no longer was near kryptonite X if i recall.

Good feat, but there were other factors at play.

MM just doesn't have the showings on paper to beat the top dog of another universe imo.

On paper, he's got it, but that rarely ever follows through to fruition.

One of my favs, but truth be told, his record says he gets hammered here. I'm guessing you didn't read where I pretty much stated the same thing.

OneDumbG0
Stop lying, it took more than one punch to put Thor down. I seem to remember him walking right through Supes's HV in fact... I don't know why you even entertain the idea that JLA/Avengers is at all, even remotely applicable to vs threads. Crossover. Stupid crossover with numerous holes. Thor wades through Superman's heat vision with his chest? Did he forget that every time people attack him with energy blasts, he uses Mjolnir to deflect/absorb it? Superman catching Mjolnir with his bare hand? A Mjolnir shot has dented pure adamantium... and its fugging MAGIC. Kyle getting his energy stolen/duplicated by a mid-tier energy manipulator from a different universe?! The Infinity Gauntlet being reassembled? The Spear of Destiny not affecting its wielder? Ultimate Nullifier, Casket of Winters, Psycho Pirate's Medusa Mask lying around in random locations?

Fun adventure, but pure ludicrousness. Anytime I see people stating it's canon, I can't help but roll eyes (sarcastic)

fangirl101

fangirl101
I don't know why you even entertain the idea that JLA/Avengers is at all, even remotely applicable to vs threads. Crossover. Stupid crossover with numerous holes. Thor wades through Superman's heat vision with his chest? Did he forget that every time people attack him with energy blasts, he uses Mjolnir to deflect/absorb it? Superman catching Mjolnir with his bare hand? A Mjolnir shot has dented pure adamantium... and its fugging MAGIC. Kyle getting his energy stolen/duplicated by a mid-tier energy manipulator from a different universe?! The Infinity Gauntlet being reassembled? The Spear of Destiny not affecting its wielder? Ultimate Nullifier, Casket of Winters, Psycho Pirate's Medusa Mask lying around in random locations?

Fun adventure, but pure ludicrousness. You don't know what you are talking about.. Monica a mid tier energy manipulator? LOL. What the ****. LMAO. She's easily herald level. And Thor's hammer being magic has nothing to do with it's punching force. Unless it was charged with magic at the time. Superman is also more durable than adamantium. A black hole would shred adamantium.

Mindset
You don't know what you are talking about.. Monica a mid tier energy manipulator? LOL. What the ****. LMAO. She's easily herald level. And Thor's hammer being magic has nothing to do with it's punching force. Unless it was charged with magic at the time. Superman is also more durable than adamantium. A black hole would shred adamantium. A black hole didn't shred Thanos, but adamantium was able to cut him.

fangirl101
A black hole didn't shred Thanos, but adamantium was able to cut him. Fail. The BH did shred him. He was bleeding.

Raoul
A black hole didn't shred Thanos, but adamantium was able to cut him.

-16fDpOW948

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
-16fDpOW948 Go back to the kids table, the adults are talking.

Raoul
Go back to the kids table, the adults are talking.

wow. you are the last person i would have expected that from...

Mindset
Fail. The BH did shred him. He was bleeding. He had small cuts on him, he wasn't shredded.

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
wow. you are the last person i would have expected that from... sad forgive me

Raoul
sad forgive me

maybe later. also, thor ftw.

OneDumbG0
You don't know what you are talking about.. Monica a mid tier energy manipulator? LOL. What the ****. LMAO. She's easily herald level. And Thor's hammer being magic has nothing to do with it's punching force. Unless it was charged with magic at the time. Superman is also more durable than adamantium. A black hole would shred adamantium. Generalizing Monica as a herald level energy manipulator is nothign short of ridiculous. Point me to a feat outside of JLA/Avengers where she is able to strip a foe of their entire energy-based powers, especially a foe ont eh level of a Green Lantern. And Thor's hammer being magic will only hurt Superman if it's charged with magic at the time? What the heck do you think all that blue blazing aura around Mjolnir was? Not to mention that a simple enchanted knife doesn't need to be charged with magic to cut Superman's skin. Superman, getting his form pulled and tugged by two event horizons is no evidence that he is either more or less durable than adamantium, since we haven't seen whata black hole would do to adamantium.

fangirl101
Generalizing Monica as a herald level energy manipulator is nothign short of ridiculous. Point me to a feat outside of JLA/Avengers where she is able to strip a foe of their entire energy-based powers, especially a foe ont eh level of a Green Lantern. And Thor's hammer being magic will only hurt Superman if it's charged with magic at the time? What the heck do you think all that blue blazing aura around Mjolnir was? Not to mention that a simple enchanted knife doesn't need to be charged with magic to cut Superman's skin. Superman, getting his form pulled and tugged by two event horizons is no evidence that he is either more or less durable than adamantium, since we haven't seen whata black hole would do to adamantium.
Monica is most certainly a herald lvler. Read The Avengers arc where they meet the infinites. And you'll see for yourself. Or when the xmen theorized that she could defeat them all by herself and they had no way to cope with her. Please dont' make me get all Monica fangirlish on you. And Superman is more durable than Adamantium. It's been bent before. IT's been pulled apart by magneto. What do you think all that magnetic energy in a black hole would do to it?

Naija boy
And Superman is more durable than Adamantium. It's been bent before. IT's been pulled apart by magneto. What do you think all that magnetic energy in a black hole would do to it?

Faulty analogy. Magnetos application of magnetic powers have a scope far beyond its limited application in a blackhole. Its not comparable at all.

OneDumbG0
Monica is most certainly a herald lvler. Read The Avengers arc where they meet the infinites. And you'll see for yourself. Or when the xmen theorized that she could defeat them all by herself and they had no way to cope with her. Please dont' make me get all Monica fangirlish on you. And Superman is more durable than Adamantium. It's been bent before. IT's been pulled apart by magneto. What do you think all that magnetic energy in a black hole would do to it? I have that arc. And she manages to blow up a robot and get trapped inside an Infinite Walker and had to be freed by the rest of the Avengers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Being made of pure energy, yes, she could defeat the X-Men. So what? Hulk could beat allt he X-Men. And don't dodge my question or deflect my pointed criticisms. Show me a feat where Monica was able to steal a foe's energy completely, especially a foe like a Green Lantern?

Magneto pulls adamantium apart not through telekinetic or physical forces but through focused molecular control. And you still haven't addressed the fact that Superman was getting affected by a black hole nonetheless and now you're also sidetracking the original conversation whereupon Mjolnir is a magic instrument. And whether or not it was magically charged at the moment (which is plainly obvious), a simple enchanted knife can cut Superman's skin.

And this all leads back to the original holes in JLA/Avengers, inlcuding why the Infinity Gems were reassembled, why the Spear of Destiny didn't affect it's holder, why the Ultimate Nullifier and Psycho Man's Medusa Mask qwere just lying around, etc. etc. We generally don't take crossovers as evidence. Especially crossovers that don't make sense. And now you want me to take a single fight where Thor forgets he ALWAYS uses Mjolnir to deflect/absorb energy attacks and Superman can catch a magically blazing hammer with his bare hand? A magic-charged punch by Captain Marvel has made him blink stars away. Please. It's not canon for simple obvious reasons.

fangirl101
I have that arc. And she manages to blow up a robot and get trapped inside an Infinite Walker and had to be freed by the rest of the Avengers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Being made of pure energy, yes, she could defeat the X-Men. So what? Hulk could beat allt he X-Men. And don't dodge my question or deflect my pointed criticisms. Show me a feat where Monica was able to steal a foe's energy completely, especially a foe like a Green Lantern?

Magneto pulls adamantium apart not through telekinetic or physical forces but through focused molecular control. And you still haven't addressed the fact that Superman was getting affected by a black hole nonetheless and now you're also sidetracking the original conversation whereupon Mjolnir is a magic instrument. And whether or not it was magically charged at the moment (which is plainly obvious), a simple enchanted knife can cut Superman's skin.

And this all leads back to the original holes in JLA/Avengers, inlcuding why the Infinity Gems were reassembled, why the Spear of Destiny didn't affect it's holder, why the Ultimate Nullifier and Psycho Man's Medusa Mask qwere just lying around, etc. etc. We generally don't take crossovers as evidence. Especially crossovers that don't make sense. And now you want me to take a single fight where Thor forgets he ALWAYS uses Mjolnir to deflect/absorb energy attacks and Superman can catch a magically blazing hammer with his bare hand? A magic-charged punch by Captain Marvel has made him blink stars away. Please. It's not canon for simple obvious reasons.
Lulz. It's canon. Deal with it. There are plenty of singular stories by both companies that have holes. Get OVER IT.

A black Hole I would surmise would affect things with molecular disruption as well. So don't make it seem as if The Black Hole wasn't affecting Superman with molecular lvl disruption. He's tuffer than Adamantium period.
As for the knife, It was a sharp object vs. a blunt object of the hammer. We all know the knife was also made to carve electrons off and atom. Which may be why he was cut. He is after all, made of atoms. As for why the artifacts where lying around, I thought it was obvious that Krona and the games master as well as Metron had something to do with the items lying around.

As for Monica, the respect thread is being worked on. I'll see you when it's done.

OneDumbG0
Lulz. It's canon. Deal with it. There are plenty of singular stories by both companies that have holes. Get OVER IT.

A black Hole I would surmise would affect things with molecular disruption as well. So don't make it seem as if The Black Hole wasn't affecting Superman with molecular lvl disruption. He's tuffer than Adamantium period.
As for the knife, It was a sharp object vs. a blunt object of the hammer. We all know the knife was also made to carve electrons off and atom. Which may be why he was cut. He is after all, made of atoms. As for why the artifacts where lying around, I thought it was obvious that Krona and the games master as well as Metron had something to do with the items lying around.

As for Monica, the respect thread is being worked on. I'll see you when it's done. No it's not canon per the rules. Deal with it. I don't care if a select number of self-serving posters state that's it's canon. It's clearly full of holes that render the story itself impossible and the specific fight you refer to itself had holes and PIS of unmitigated ridiculousness. That's why we don't use crossovers as much as you'd like to cling to it. In the end, why you continue to use JLA/Avengers is beyond me, since that story in and of itself asserted that all the prior crossovers the companies had with each other actually happened because of the distortions Krona caused.

I'm not just talking about Halcyon's knife. I'm talking about all the other magical knives that have cut him. Neither Metron nor Grandmaster have the power over some of the artifacts that were featured in JLA/Avengers. Especially objects like the Spear of Destiny or the Infinity Gems or the Ultimate Nullifier. Krona had nothing to do with those objects being scattered. And ask yourself this, if grandmaster's ultimate plan was to gather the objects together to combat Krona, why the hell would he go to the trouble of scattering them? Does that even make sense to you?

You go deal with the respect thread. I just asked for an example of Monica completely stealing the energy from a foe on the level of a Green Lantern. You don't have one? Fine.

occultdestroyer
A black hole didn't shred Thanos, but adamantium was able to cut him.
thumb down thumb down

Mindset
thumb down thumb down Care to actually use words to make a point?

occultdestroyer
Care to actually use words to make a point?
Do I actually have to prove the FAILness of that post?

Mindset
Do I actually have to prove the FAILness of that post? Yes, you do.

darthgoober
No, show Thor striking someone on MM's lvl while being squeezed with Near Superman strength.
Do you even know what we're talking about? Someone said that MM could wrap up Thor and I showed a scan of Thor using lightning to escape. If your claim is that Thor won't be able to do that because of MM's other powers then the onus is on you to demonstrate why. Once it's established that MM's other abilities can conceivably make a difference in that situation then the onus will be on me to show how Thor can compensate for those other abilities.

D-Block
Thor

h1a8
Nope that was me...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3862/62634071nx7.th.jpg

I think that Vision solidfied himself somewhat in the scan for Thor to effect him.
Look at the word "sufficiently".

h1a8
Do you even know what we're talking about? Someone said that MM could wrap up Thor and I showed a scan of Thor using lightning to escape. If your claim is that Thor won't be able to do that because of MM's other powers then the onus is on you to demonstrate why. Once it's established that MM's other abilities can conceivably make a difference in that situation then the onus will be on me to show how Thor can compensate for those other abilities.

I think MM can try to mind rape Thor. Whether or not MM succeeds is irrelevant since Thor would be distracted enough for MM to land some serious blows to Thor, possibly forcing Thor to drop the hammer.

Its hard to fight someone when you are occupied trying to resist their mind rape.

I argue with CIS off of course.

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8

I argue with CIS off of course. noted

Mekrob
I think MM can try to mind rape Thor. Whether or not MM succeeds is irrelevant since Thor would be distracted enough for MM to land some serious blows to Thor, possibly forcing Thor to drop the hammer.

Its hard to fight someone when you are occupied trying to resist their mind rape.

I argue with CIS off of course. Thor creates a shield around himself, and a lighting storm while he's fighting off TP. Lightning has put MM down before.

He then teleports his hammer behind MM, and hits him full force. Then sucks his soul.

UKR
Thor will whoop the Manhunter's green ass.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mekrob
Thor creates a shield around himself, and a lighting storm while he's fighting off TP. Lightning has put MM down before.

He then teleports his hammer behind MM, and hits him full force. Then sucks his soul.

It takes time for Thor to create a shield around himself (at least some seconds). And MM can become intangible and go through the shield.

Don't assume Thor has prep in this battle (MM just sits there and let Thor sets up). MM mind attack comes instantly when the battle starts. And then fractions of a second afterward comes the physical attacks.

Naija boy
It takes time for Thor to create a shield around himself (at least some seconds). And MM can become intangible and go through the shield.

Don't assume Thor has prep in this battle (MM just sits there and let Thor sets up). MM mind attack comes instantly when the battle starts. And then fractions of a second afterward comes the physical attacks.

Thor uses a lightning bolt similar to the one he used against durok at the start of the match thereby killing MM who will be taken completely unawares.

h1a8
Thor uses a lightning bolt similar to the one he used against durok at the start of the match thereby killing MM who will be taken completely unawares.

Probably so.
It depends on MM's reflexes though and how much he can affect Thor with mind rape.

Naija boy
Probably so.
It depends on MM's reflexes though and how much he can affect Thor with mind rape.

thor thinks to summon lightning, MM thinks to mind rape. Their speed at the draw is comparable. However, while thors attack is instant death for MM, MMs attack can be resisted by thor. Further MM likely wont be able to react to it as he will be focused on breaking into thors mind and the attack is literally out of nowhere.

Mekrob

Don't assume Thor has prep in this battle (MM just sits there and let Thor sets up). MM mind attack comes instantly when the battle starts. And then fractions of a second afterward comes the physical attacks. No it doesn't. But the inside of the shield was actually in the core of the sun, with dimensional rifts surrounding Thor.

I didn't.

Mindset
lol

h1a8
thor thinks to summon lightning, MM thinks to mind rape. Their speed at the draw is comparable. However, while thors attack is instant death for MM, MMs attack can be resisted by thor. Further MM likely wont be able to react to it as he will be focused on breaking into thors mind and the attack is literally out of nowhere.

What if MM begins the fight moving at superspeed while trying to mindrape?

Can Thor really think summon lightning where it appears out of nowhere instantly as he thinks it?

h1a8
No it doesn't. But the inside of the shield was actually in the core of the sun, with dimensional rifts surrounding Thor.

I didn't.

All the scans seem to show that it takes moments for him to create a shield. I believe one scan has him monologing while he was doing it.

Mekrob
All the scans seem to show that it takes moments for him to create a shield. I believe one scan has him monologing while he was doing it. It was already created after the second word. It's comics.

Either way, he knocks him back, and creates a shield. Then he creates the illusion that there's another Thor... but that Thor happens to be the real Thor.

Naija boy
What if MM begins the fight moving at superspeed while trying to mindrape?

Can Thor really think summon lightning where it appears out of nowhere instantly as he thinks it?

They will both begin the fight in stationary positions. Not to mention thor can also fly around at superspeed as well. Also thors lightning summoning is a mental process so it ocurs he thinks it

Zack Fair
Would illusions work on MM though?

Allankles
Would illusions work on MM though?

Not likely. MM can play with the visual spectrum too: turn invisible.

Mindset
Would illusions work on MM though? Yes

Zack Fair
Prove it! uhuh

Mekrob
Not likely. MM can play with the visual spectrum too: turn invisible. He can't see himself.

Mindset
Prove it! uhuh I don't have to, that's why I'm right.

Allankles
He can't see himself.

Why would he need to? Complete molecular control over his body and all that.

Mekrob
Why would he need to? Complete molecular control over his body and all that. So he can see the illusion Thor's a throwing down.

Allankles
So he can see the illusion Thor's a throwing down.

That's what you meant.

MM can actually read brain waves and separate real from optical illusion, difficult for illusions to work on a telepath on MM's level.

Beyond that, he can turn invisible, so it's not like he doesn't have tricks of his own in that regard.

Mekrob
Except the fact that Thor gives the illusions brainwaves that replicate those of Montel Williams.

But he can't see himself while invisible.

h1a8
It was already created after the second word. It's comics.

Either way, he knocks him back, and creates a shield. Then he creates the illusion that there's another Thor... but that Thor happens to be the real Thor.

If Thor drops his guard MM mind rapes him ftw.
Thor must be occupied by this.
Now if MM goes intangible I don't see how Thor can knock him back or even have time to make a shield (MM can still go through it). Illusions won't work since MM can sense Thor's mind. Plus Thor doesn't have time to do such things.

h1a8
They will both begin the fight in stationary positions. Not to mention thor can also fly around at superspeed as well. Also thors lightning summoning is a mental process so it ocurs he thinks it

When the bell rings MM moves. I'm pretty sure MM can travel faster than lightning (even though he only needs to travel less than 1/10th of its speed to dodge it). Thus he can't get hit by any lightning.

This would be a good fight though. If MM moves and becomes intangible right after the bell then MM can take his time to do the mind rape attack combo strategy.

Lord Feron
When the bell rings MM moves. I'm pretty sure MM can travel faster than lightning (even though he only needs to travel less than 1/10th of its speed to dodge it). Thus he can't get hit by any lightning.

This would be a good fight though. If MM moves and becomes intangible right after the bell then MM can take his time to do the mind rape attack combo strategy.

Sorry to break it to you but the hammer can hit intangible ppl. I do agree with the mind rape. He is one of the best in DCU. I will not downplay his capabilities.

Naija boy

He wont be able to dodge the lightning if he starts off with his full focus on trying to mindrape thor(which thor can resist). Plus Thor can reign down multiple lightning bolts even if MM dodges the first one.

Also, Thor can create winds powerful enough to hold back surtur and hurl huge asteroids at high speeds and even use them as forcefields. He could also start by creating such winds(along with his lightning bolts) in order to make it very difficult for MM to get close to him and thereby defending against physical attacks.

P.S -These scenarios are extremely out of character so i dont even know why we r arguing this in the first place.

h1a8
He wont be able to dodge the lightning if he starts off with his full focus on trying to mindrape thor(which thor can resist). Plus Thor can reign down multiple lightning bolts even if MM dodges the first one.

Also, Thor can create winds powerful enough to hold back surtur and hurl huge asteroids at high speeds and even use them as forcefields. He could also start by creating such winds(along with his lightning bolts) in order to make it very difficult for MM to get close to him and thereby defending against physical attacks.

P.S -These scenarios are extremely out of character so i dont even know why we r arguing this in the first place.

I only argue with CIS off.
It takes significant time Thor time for to do anything.
Lightning and wind won't affect the intangible.

MM begins the figth by moving in a random direction while simultaneously becoming intangible. Fractions of a second later the mind rape- physical attack strategy begins.

Mekrob
I only argue with CIS off.
It takes significant time Thor time for to do anything.
Not with cis off.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>