Hyperion vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Standard equipment.

Who takes it?

tsscls
Originally posted by darthgoober
Standard equipment.

Who takes it?
You take it, you sexy *****!
Or Hyperion.

tsscls
Christopher Walken

SevenShackles
hyperion. im sure WW can tag him and put up a good fight but i see hyperion pulling the win.

Batman-Prime
Which Hyperion?

carver9
If its king hyperion 10/10.
Regular Hyperion 5/5
Earth X hyperion 10/10

The Nuul
Hype, 5.5/10

SoulDevourer
hyperion 11/10

Cartesian Doubt
She probably beat Supreme Power Hyperion, but Just.

carver9
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
She probably beat Supreme Power Hyperion, but Just.

Oh hell naw, Supreme power hyperion is a BEAST. The guy was amazed at feeling pain because he didnt know anything about it. The guy took human torch full nova blast and didnt even register it and he punked ultimate thor (even though I know wonder woman can beat ultimate thor too, I just know for a FACT that she wont do it like hyperion did).

The guy is the next thing to true invulnerability.

I honestly dont know how wonder woman would pull one win from him.

carver9
I almost forgot, invisible woman has faced some of the most powerful beings in the ultimate universe and has used her force field against each of them without failing. I'm not going to go into details on who she fought because you all are going to add on to my post but I'm going to say that she fought some of the strongest being in the universe right beside the rest of the F4. One punch from supreme power lead to her saying that she never felt power like this in her life.

Just food for thought.

Then another thing, hyperion punched thor and then picked up his hammer, a hammer that not even ultimate hulk could lift, the strongest being on the planet.

iceman24567
In the movie he threw Thors hammer at him smile. No relevance but that fight scene was freaking amazing and I am done no expression

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
In the movie he threw Thors hammer at him smile. No relevance but that fight scene was freaking amazing and I am done no expression

I agree but its not even remotely close to the wolverine vs hulk fight in the movie.

iceman24567
Yeah that was pretty good Deadpool was funny too. Hulk pwned everybody then still wanted to fight Wolverine. It was a good movie I gave my Hulk poster a thumbs up after I watched it smile

The Nuul
Ultimate power version was the beast Hype.

carver9
Originally posted by The Nuul

If thats supreme that you're talking about, he lived up to all the hype that he received. He's unstoppable.

The Nuul

http://www.dafixer.com/images/Ultimate_Power05.jpg

SupremeMan
Which Hyperion?

The only one I'd see WW beating is Mark Grunwald's original version who could only lift 90 tons and it was verified in comic that was really all he could lift.

The others win on a number of reasons but sheer durability being the biggest one.

fangirl101
Originally posted by SupremeMan
Which Hyperion?

The only one I'd see WW beating is Mark Grunwald's original version who could only lift 90 tons and it was verified in comic that was really all he could lift.

The others win on a number of reasons but sheer durability being the biggest one. Durability won't save him from a tiara toss. Or a Lasso Soul suck.

TricksterPriest
Durability? Really? There isn't a single version of Hyperion who can stand up to Superman. Speed feats? Strength? I've never seen anything that puts Hype over Wondy, let alone Superman.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by carver9
Oh hell naw, Supreme power hyperion is a BEAST. The guy was amazed at feeling pain because he didnt know anything about it. The guy took human torch full nova blast and didnt even register it and he punked ultimate thor (even though I know wonder woman can beat ultimate thor too, I just know for a FACT that she wont do it like hyperion did).

The guy is the next thing to true invulnerability.

I honestly dont know how wonder woman would pull one win from him.

Well, true but the thing about the Nova blast is that Hype and Thor were pretty equal then the Torch does a nova blast and suddenly Hype is a lot stronger. They were taking the Superman imitation to even that level. Nova Blast < > sun amp.

Its also true he was amazed at feeling pain for the first time but he had an origin in which other super beings didn't exist or he didn't know about them for most of his life.

I'd say WW vs. Supreme Power Hype is close. He seems more powerful because of what is around him. I'm not sure on this version of Hype.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by carver9
I almost forgot, invisible woman has faced some of the most powerful beings in the ultimate universe and has used her force field against each of them without failing. I'm not going to go into details on who she fought because you all are going to add on to my post but I'm going to say that she fought some of the strongest being in the universe right beside the rest of the F4. One punch from supreme power lead to her saying that she never felt power like this in her life.

Just food for thought.

Then another thing, hyperion punched thor and then picked up his hammer, a hammer that not even ultimate hulk could lift, the strongest being on the planet.

Was his punch at the Invisible Woman before or after the Torch amped him?

james2099
Hyperion in a curbstomp.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Durability? Really? There isn't a single version of Hyperion who can stand up to Superman. Speed feats? Strength? I've never seen anything that puts Hype over Wondy, let alone Superman.

Survived being ground zero at the detonation of a nuclear device, an explosion made worse by being contained inside an underground bunker the size of a room at that.

Flew from orbit and slammed the ground hard enough that it was mistaken for a nuclear explosion and it didn't even phase him. Never said his durability stood up to Superman's though.

She's got him on speed. I never argued that.

The Nuul
When Ult Thor, HT and IW fought Hype it is in Ultimate Power and not Supreme Power.

SupremeMan
When Ult Thor, HT and IW fought Hype it is in Ultimate Power and not Supreme Power.

Oh I know. I just think of that universe as the Supreme Power universe.

horrorwolf
Diana gets sodomized here.

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t398462.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t466439.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t468128.html

OneDumbG0
IIRC, even before the alternate Squadron Supreme was summoned (which halved his power), Hyperion was weakened due to the virus/plague that was unleashed on his world. Puts a lot of things into context.

fangirl101
Survived being ground zero at the detonation of a nuclear device, an explosion made worse by being contained inside an underground bunker the size of a room at that.

Flew from orbit and slammed the ground hard enough that it was mistaken for a nuclear explosion and it didn't even phase him. Never said his durability stood up to Superman's though.

She's got him on speed. I never argued that.
Those are not any where near Wondy's Top Feats of Durability or Speed.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by fangirl101
Those are not any where near Wondy's Top Feats of Durability or Speed.

You're right.

I'm not even sure which Hyperion we are dealing with here or just whichever seems the most powerful. One of them seems to have taken out an entire alternate Marvel universe but we only see glimpses of him doing it.

V.S
Diana is certainly a peer with hyperion as far as overall stats are concerned, but what really tips the fight in her favor is her sheer speed and MA dicipline. I'd say hyerpion wouldn't be able to tag her while Diana could just lasso FTW.

SoulDevourer
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/RespectHyperion/Battles/Vs%20Army/2.jpg

V.S
Nice, but it isn't anything Thing or Ironman couldn't pull off.

Priest
Originally posted by V.S
Nice, but it isn't anything Thing or Ironman couldn't pull off.
Something that Wonder Woman can't pull off.

V.S
Right, she can only take a patheon blast and redirected it away from her.....but ur right a handfull of bullets is much better.

Mindset
Originally posted by V.S
Right, she can only take a patheon blast and redirected it away from her.....but ur right a handfull of bullets is much better. She redirected the blast, it didn't hit her.

TricksterPriest
She had to take the full impact in order to redirect it, meh.

V.S
She's hanged with blows from SMP, physically Hyperion did something that most higher end meta's could do....

Mindset
It hit her bracers, not her.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by V.S
Right, she can only take a patheon blast and redirected it away from her.....but ur right a handfull of bullets is much better. I said this a long time ago, I think it bears repeating:
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think people are beginning to mischaracterize her feat as if every skyfather was attacking her and she defended herself against a focused attack. Here are the scans. What happens is that the Olympian pantheon (minus Ares, Zeus, Hades and Poseidon) focus their power and she deflects it towards Zeus's, Hades's, and Poseidon's weapons, whereupon it goes more ballistic and so forth:

1. http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection11xw.jpg
2. http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection25hf.jpg
3. http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection34yb.jpg
4. http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection40gj.jpg

V.S
Alright and I think it's a ncie theory but it still doesn't distract away that she directed a powerful skyfather blast. Hyerion's feat was nice but I don't think its this huge indication of his durability being enough to withhold the lasso or her tiara.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Priest
Something that Wonder Woman can't pull off.

fangirl101
Wondy has been blastes by bullets before. No visable injury.

guy222
the return of the omnipotent hyperion

i'll read that

SupremeMan
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/RespectHyperion/Battles/Vs%20Army/2.jpg

The thing with Wonder Woman- and it took me quite a while to catch this- is that her powers are all over the place. Generally speaking, she is way and I mean way more powerful in Justice League than in her own comic. In some stories, she could never take a hail of bullets and more powerful weapons like Hyperion did in that scan. Then she survives a punch from Superman and hitting the Earth like a rocket that leaves a huge crater and gets right up.

Overall going with the high end feats of both characters, I really cannot say as to durability. To the best of my knowledge she has better strength and speed feats than Hyperion though I am not sure regarding the Hype from Exiles. There's a whole lot of Hype out there. embarrasment

SoulDevourer
The thing with Wonder Woman- and it took me quite a while to catch this- is that her powers are all over the place. Generally speaking, she is way and I mean way more powerful in Justice League than in her own comic. In some stories, she could never take a hail of bullets and more powerful weapons like Hyperion did in that scan. Then she survives a punch from Superman and hitting the Earth like a rocket that leaves a huge crater and gets right up. but a punch is blunt attack & so is falling even from orbit heights (unless they fall on a spike big grin)
theres characters even in non-DC comics who have blunt resistance but little or no resistance to piercing/slashing attacks (like Hellboy, Spiderman or even the Blob iirc he can be cut)

resistance to blunt attacks is good but resistance to blades & bullets, thats whole new lvl of durablity

SupremeMan
but a punch is blunt attack & so is falling even from orbit heights (unless they fall on a spike big grin)
theres characters even in non-DC comics who have blunt resistance but little or no resistance to piercing/slashing attacks (like Hellboy, Spiderman or even the Blob iirc he can be cut)

resistance to blunt attacks is good but resistance to blades & bullets, thats whole new lvl of durablity

The thing with a bullet, at least as I understand it, is that its not a puncturing attack like a sword tip. It is basically bashing trauma but its moving really fast. Its speed is what changes it from bashing/ blunt to piercing.

But this is just discussion for the fun of discussing it. Regardless of real world logic (because that works soooo well when debating comics) WW is definitely not as resistant to bullets as to getting punched, even by Superman.

SoulDevourer
The thing with a bullet, at least as I understand it, is that its not a puncturing attack like a sword tip. It is basically bashing trauma but its moving really fast. Its speed is what changes it from bashing/ blunt to piercing. but doesnt that depend on the bullet? wink (especially hi-caliber military ammo. pretty much puncturing)
plus with bullets (even blunt ones) theres a "drilling effect" too cause the bullet spins

SupremeMan
but doesnt that depend on the bullet? wink (especially hi-caliber military ammo. pretty much puncturing)
plus with bullets (even blunt ones) theres a "drilling effect" too cause the bullet spins

Ah, okay then. Well, Hype has the superior durability then as his works against all bullets as well as cutting and puncturing attacks and against blunt trauma.

The best blunt trauma durability feat I can think of for both of them (hitting the ground from orbit) is about the same. It could be argued that Hype was unphased and WW was hurt a little but that was more from Superman's punch. But that's Supreme Power Hype. Didn't Exiles Hype pretty much take on the entire Marvel lineup (alternate realities of course) and beat them all? And the only way to beat him was to bring other Hyperions against him?

Thorion
Hyperion, easily.

D_Dude1210
Hyperion 9/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.