Mario vs Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Angry bastard with rediculous jaw line vs portly plumber with inhuman and rediculous strength for his size!

Who comes out on top?

MadMel
this has been done - kratos erm

Pyron_Knight
Mario wins again. Kratos just isn't cool enough to bea t agreasy fat Italian.

occultdestroyer
Kratos rips him in half.

Blood and fat splatter everywhere.

jinXed by JaNx
If Mario gets one of those supersize mushrooms, an invincibility star and a fire plant. Kratos is dead as dogshiit. Oh, and Mario also has 1-up mushrooms laughing out loud

MadMel
mario could very well match kratos in strength, having lifted not only bowser in SM64, but one of bowser's castles in SMW erm
but mario is not immune to bigh arse sword-on-chains, so he ultimately loses..

ScreamPaste
Fire balls > bladed chain.

My money is on Mario. He's ot the agility, fire balls, and retarded strength. Plus, small target. He burns Kratos then crushes his skull between his hands in a manner suitably gory for GoW3.

MadMel
kratos, due to his own skills, and items, is in fact faster and more agile than mario..
and no, fireballs do NOT > blade chain...kratos has taken worse than a fireball..

ScreamPaste
Lol, I dunno, fire balls give him the range advantage, and Mario has all sorts of wierd power ups.

alot of people don't want to consider that the plumber can win this one because of how rediculous it seems.. but consider Mario's feats.

He's outrun and jumped on giant cartoon bullets, smashed bricks with his head, jumped ten times his own height or morewithout a running start, consistently bested a villain who has the technology available to assemble a galaxy bustign armada, and survived being thrown into the sun. (and is usually more pissed he lost than that he got immolated.) Mario consistently bests Bowser with his bare hands. =P I think he can take Kratos.

Edit; Mario also survived the destruction of a galaxy.

retturnnerr
Mario is too cool to be beaten.

He'd grab an enormous mushroom, the fireball bonus, and invincibility star. Although kratos w'd be boss if he'd be in the game, Mario still has 3 lives (or more) which could ultimately lead him to victory.

retturnnerr
ALSO, Mario'd simply step on Kratos like he does in the games.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by MadMel
mario could very well match kratos in strength, having lifted not only bowser in SM64, but one of bowser's castles in SMW erm
but mario is not immune to bigh arse sword-on-chains, so he ultimately loses.. 1. Toonforce feat, not to be taken seriously in a vs. thread.

Kratos is stronger, as of the new GoW3 trailer faster and more agile, more durable, and has a bigger variety of powers.

Pyron_Knight
1. Mario is ToonForce. All feats count.
2. Mario is invincible with Star. He > Kratos.

Burning thought
Can it be proven he is invincible? what feats has he shown surviving with the star?

Gumachi
Since your tossing "invincibility" out, i'm tossing God Kratos out here, Kratos steps on fatty.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Burning thought
Can it be proven he is invincible? what feats has he shown surviving with the star?

There is nothing shown, canon or otherwise, of Mario ever being harmed while using a star.

And lifting Bowser's castle really isn't as rediculous as Mario surviving the destruction of a galaxy. Mario has great strength and greater durability.

Burning thought
So whats the strongest thing that has hit it? w/e it is, that is the stars durability. Invincibiliy is a no limits fallacy.

Can you prove the weight of the castle? it may not be as heavy as those in the real world, the castle may be under the same rules as mario, e.g., a fat plumber can lift it, perhaps the castle is also light.

Gumachi
Can fatty stop Hades' Souls?

Burning thought
I dobut it, ive never seen a spiritual attacks like hades souls happening in Mario.

ScreamPaste
@ BT, Mario with a star ran through and KO'd Bowser, who has canonicly survived being thrown into the sun.

@ Gumachi, I doubt they can do much to him, can Kratos stop the star man?

Gumachi
As BT said, "Spritual" attacks, the only person I know who can stop "sprits" is Dante. I'm not saying he can't, but I doubt he can stop the army of hades spirits.

ScreamPaste
Ghosts, magic, ect, all such spiritualness in Mario (magic wands and boos, lol.) are completely unable to harm Mario with the starman.

Burning thought
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
@ BT, Mario with a star ran through and KO'd Bowser, who has canonicly survived being thrown into the sun.

@ Gumachi, I doubt they can do much to him, can Kratos stop the star man?

That shows nothing about durability, furthermore, it merely shows Bowser obvioulsy has high durability but very low endurance if he cant take a single hit. Also the sun could be under the same Marioverse logic as Mario is, you would have to prove to me its actually Earths sun under the same logic.

Gumachi
Well that pretty much solves that. Efreet, Light of Dawn
Charon's Wrath, Poseidon's Rage/Zeus' Bolts?

ScreamPaste
Mario is essentially presented as a drug trip, lol. There is no logic to it other than Mario is inexplicably uber. And Bowser was not KO'd by the sun, lol. Simply angered that he lost. Essentially, othing in any Mario game can hurt him, and that includes Bowser who has his own rediculous feats. If Bowser can't touch him, and is even KO'd by him with said power up, I think Kratos is in teh deep poo.

The thing is Bowser has his own feats that make him one of the unnassuming and yet rediculously overpowered characters that people don't realise have the kind of potential that they do.

Burning thought
Their not overpowered, their just cartoons, cartoon fears do not actually count for the sake of logic, you would have to take into considerations marios actual power, which is obviously nothing, hes simply a fat italion plumber.

ScreamPaste
Can you prove this? How does a fat itlian plumber save a princess from an establish warlock, technomancer, necromancer, and dragon with superhuman durability and strength? =(

Gumachi
Their not overpowered, their just cartoons, cartoon fears do not actually count for the sake of logic, you would have to take into considerations marios actual power, which is obviously nothing, hes simply a fat italion plumber.

Haha.

Burning thought
Through the beauty of commedy, and you want me to prove Mario is a cartoon?

Furthmore the burdon of proof would be on you to give actual logical reasoning for Marios feats, the fact he lives in a comedic cartoon world instantly makes everything he does a combination of gameplay and simple fun, YOU would have to prove the logic and statistics behind Marios feats back him up. YOU would have to prove that the Sun is equel in every physical way to the sun in our universe, the same with all other queer happenings like his lifting strength.

When is Mario enhanced? does he ever gain some kind of super powers as well? For all anyone knows the verse Mario does these feats in are not under the same rules as the real universe and what puts his verse under such scrutiny are his feats in question taking into account, he is merely a fat plumber, his enemies are little mushrooms with feet and his arch enemy is a turtle crossbred with a dinosaur.

ScreamPaste
Nar. No one else in Mario games has the kind of power Mario does.

Okay, I doubt the beings of the GoWverse's durability. I think they're all made of tofu and Kratos uses butter knives on sring to eviscerate them. ^ Strawman/sarcasm.

However it relates to what you're arguing for Mario. Mario is the only being in those games with such rediculous power outside of say, Bowser. And the sun in Mario games functions the same, it provides light, heat, and gravity. These are all the parameters we can measure it on, because it's all we're given, but they all seem to function exactly the same so simple extrapolation ould say they are the same.

Mario's universe is strange, and often illogical, but we're argueing video game characters, Kratos' universe is illogical, it's just not presented in a humourous way.

Burning thought
no Kratos' universe is somewhat belivable and everything that happens in it is based around actual logical explanation even if the explanation is a fantasy one, the characters are powerful because of the items they have used, or the mythological birth/spieces they are from.

Mario is mostly just a gameplay cartoon humour run, whos rules and logic defy eachother. Can you show me the suns statistics? perhaps your wrong and the sun for the same illogical reason cooper can survive it is cold. For whatever the reason, its pointless jumping to conclusions that the sun was exactley the same physically to our sun.

ScreamPaste
It looks like, acts like, and shows no sign of being different, you're the one jumping to the conclusion it must be different? o_O;

Burning thought
Shows no sign of being different? a fat turtle lizard can somehow survive it when hes been beaten up by a plumber before and tossed about by one, that to me makes me think it has to be damn diffrent, the sun is of such a temperature that it would pretty much destroy the Earth if it was a little closer to the planet and kill most life.

No character in Mario has any logical background to why it should survive such power and furthermore, the series and characters within is under more scrutiny for the fact their mostly gameplay, cartoony critters.

ScreamPaste
Bowser has alot of great durability feats, the sun is just the best example. Mario can beat him cause Mario clearly > the sun.

the critters in Kratos verse are all mythological beasties with no logical physiology, why should a turtle dragon be discriminated against?

I call shenanigans. Mario's feats are as valid as Kratos.

ArtificialGlory
Mario's durability is so great that when whenever something touches him, he dies.

Oh wait...

Burning thought
Bowser has alot of great durability feats, the sun is just the best example. Mario can beat him cause Mario clearly > the sun.

the critters in Kratos verse are all mythological beasties with no logical physiology, why should a turtle dragon be discriminated against?

I call shenanigans. Mario's feats are as valid as Kratos.

The sun is some ridiculous example thats prob beyond all of his other more consistent feats by a huge margin. Mario is stronger than the Sun is hot now? lol, laughable, its more likely that the sun in the marioverse is not as hot nor as powerful as the one in ours, neither idea can be disproven/proven although mine is stronger because the games Mario is based in, are indeed cartoony illogical nonsense.

Mythologicaly beasts are logical, the creatures themselves have strength values in proportion to their bodies and are created by magical forces or odd sexual unions, all explained in thier own fictions.

Also you still did not answer, when did Mario gain his super powers?

false, Marios feats are ridiculous cartoon nonsense, most of which is in gameplay and is indeed cartoony and logicless.

ScreamPaste
It is as cartoony and logicless as Kratos'

Mario was born a hairy chested he man with a moustache. (See baby mario.) Case closed. =P

and if the Marioverse sun is so cold, hwo does it heat the marioverse earth?

The burden of proof is no longer on me, it is now on you. and Mario *did* lift a castle in SMW.

You're forcing me into getting reptitive and boring to debate with because your entire defense is "... It doesn't count cause Mario isn't supar srs." it's still a game, and it's still canon and it's just as logical as a cyclops that can still see after his eye is stabbed.

the theme is less serious so his feats = null and void? No.

Burning thought
err....no.....Kratos is not "cartoony"

Maybe it doesnt heat the marioverse, maybe Mario does considering his other vast abilities.....

The Burdon of proof is always on you, because the character is under your claims, your claims of his power, you would have to prove why he is so powerful.

erm yes...because all those feats could simply be under the simple logicless nonsense that when pressed up against a being who does real logical powers and feats gets stomped.

bane214
I'm gonna have to agree with screampaste, you're basically saying that because the mario games are supose to be for children and funny and that the god of war games are serious and more adult that mario's feats dont count anymore and honestly thats just stupid. Also imo the god of war universe is no more belivable then the marioverse.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by bane214
I'm gonna have to agree with screampaste, you're basically saying that because the mario games are supose to be for children and funny and that the god of war games are serious and more adult that mario's feats dont count anymore and honestly thats just stupid. Also imo the god of war universe is no more belivable then the marioverse.

thank you, sir!

Burning thought
Originally posted by bane214

The GOWverse is based on real mythology and most of which is outlined in a more professional manor and explained by the rules of the fiction itself.

mario is not, mario does random and ridiculous feats without real backup for the feats in question. It seems to me that the verse Mario enters where princess peach and Kupers excist is one of a lack of logic, there is no evidence nor fact backing up the reason behind Marios power or Kupas ability and if Kupa could survive the sun then he would have destroyed the Mushroom kingdom eons ago with ease. Furthermore, how was he thrown into the sun? can anyone show me the video?

Similiar things could be said about other ridiculous cartoons like Bugs bunny surviving endless damage, or outspeeding cars/planes, or Tazmanian devil surviving being blown into pieces...but this is all logicless nonsense that would not work against a logical environment, becaue in that environ he would have to obey the rules of logic.

And my question has still not been answered, when does Mario gain his super powers?

ScreamPaste
I DID answer, you just didn't read it, lol. Mario was born a hairy chested he man, Baby Mario has a moustache in the SNES game.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/p0ke_me/no20u.jpg o_O;

The thing you're ignoring, BT, is that the only difference between Kratos universe and Mario's is the theme. Mario's is more light hearted, and Kratos is omgANGST!!!1 lol. Mario's feats are valid.

Burning thought
I read it, ime talking about powers.....if theres no indication of said powers or gaining of any super powers then Mario is nothing more than a plummer....my case is set....

And dont troll this thread, especially if you do not know how to post actual images.

Their valid if Kratos was a cartoon, hes not unfortunatley and is not subject to the Mario verse rules either.

ScreamPaste
Lol, Mario is not a cartoon, his art design is cartoony, he's a video game character.

Your case is not set. when did zeus aquire his powers? At birth, Mario aquired his at birth and throguh constant exercise saving the princess. I have proven Mario's case, you have yet to disprove it with anything other than "but he's a cartoon!! D:" =/ I like debating with you usually but this is gettign beyond redundant.

Burning thought
Zeus acquired his power through his father Kronos who was godly in power as well, he was empowered through race and as being a God, his spiecies of "God" all had incredible power.

On the other hand, Mario is merely a plummer....the case is set as I said. Unless you can prove like Zeus, Mario is not human at all? and is part of a race that has innate power?

ScreamPaste
Where did Kronos get his power? And where did the gods as a race get theirs? Not specified. I thus conclude they are infact powerless cartoons. .. Lol.

Mario is a plumber, so he's powerless? Lol. So, le's say Kratos runs out of peopel to kill and starts a farm or somethign and settles down, he's a powerless farmer?

Plumber =/= powerless. Plumbers everywhere are probably offended. It takes a real man to work with poo pipes.

Burning thought
Where did Kronos get his power? And where did the gods as a race get theirs? Not specified. I thus conclude they are infact powerless cartoons. .. Lol.

Mario is a plumber, so he's powerless? Lol. So, le's say Kratos runs out of peopel to kill and starts a farm or somethign and settles down, he's a powerless farmer?

Plumber =/= powerless. Plumbers everywhere are probably offended. It takes a real man to work with poo pipes.

Troll

I asked you where he gains his powers, you told me he had hair from birth......thus, all he is, is a plumber, thats it...

yes powerless, ime sorry but real world plumbers dont toss giant monsters around into suns.

ScreamPaste
And yet, Mario did. I'm not trolling I'm making a point. Keke?

Burning thought
No you troll by consistently calling GOW cartoonish just because Mario is done in that style......

and for the record Kronos got his power from his father Oauranos, who gained his power from the Chaos which was explained as an extremely power magical body I beleive.

Regardless, its explained in detail how the race of Gods and Titans were extremely powerful and magical as a race so each individual would have vast power as a race.

The explanation for Zeus and the other Gods are the fact they are magic. Mario on teh other hand so far has zero explanation, therefore all he is, is a plaumber, fact...now by that fact...he is a human being, thus, the only argument you have is that the Mushroom kingdom or w/e universe Mario does these ridiculous feats in are under diffrent rules to a logical universe.

ArtificialGlory
Can someone explain to me why Mario can survive being thrown into a sun, but can't survive a turtle touching him?

Burning thought
Because he is a ridciulous illogical character, or perhaps "those turtles hit with the power greater of that of the sun!"

ScreamPaste
No you troll by consistently calling GOW cartoonish just because Mario is done in that style......

and for the record Kronos got his power from his father Oauranos, who gained his power from the Chaos which was explained as an extremely power magical body I beleive.

Regardless, its explained in detail how the race of Gods and Titans were extremely powerful and magical as a race so each individual would have vast power as a race.

The explanation for Zeus and the other Gods are the fact they are magic. Mario on teh other hand so far has zero explanation, therefore all he is, is a plaumber, fact...now by that fact...he is a human being, thus, the only argument you have is that the Mushroom kingdom or w/e universe Mario does these ridiculous feats in are under diffrent rules to a logical universe.

you missed my point entirely. I was highlighting that somewhere along every line the chain stops, where did the original beign get is' power?

and I'm not trolling, I'm makign a seperate point. Mario's art style and light hearted theme do not make all his feats null and void. This entire stance is just a defense by you to stop Kratos gettign murdered by a character no one wants tosee beat the supar srs god of war.

Your entire argument is just that because Mario's feats are outlandish and often rediculous, and well beyond your *typical human plumber* (mario isanything but typical.) that they do not apply. Okay, now I'm telling you Mario is not just a plumbwer and that for whatever reason, has been plessed with the superhuman capabilities he clearly displays on a constant basis, be it rediculous jumping powers, or super human strength or shootign fireballs from the palms of his hands. Normal people don't do any of these things, but Mario is NOT a cartoon or immortal, this fight is perfectly fair, and so far as I can tell in Mario's advantage. Your defense is to tryand disqualify him for being a four foot tall plumber who likes spaghetti and blondes?
WUT?

Both game characters can die, cartoon immortality would get stripped anyway. Mario has great feats of durability and strength, you provedi n your own post Mario is not your typical plumber by listing things he does that normal plumbers do not.

Not knowing the source of his power does not mean he has no power. This is a logical fallacy. "I dunno how he flies, so he cn't fly D:<" imagine a member of a primitive tribe who comes across a man with a camera assuming the camera doesn't exist.

If anythign you're insistance that I'm trolling is just the break down of a lack of logical argument to properly disqualify Mario for being anythign more than lighthearted in i's execution and gameplay.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Can someone explain to me why Mario can survive being thrown into a sun, but can't survive a turtle touching him?

Bowser survived that, Mario survived the detruction of a Galaxy.

And turtles don't touch him in the Canon. =/ Can someone explain to me how Kratos can kill gods and yet the small time enemies can harm him?

Atleast Mario can deal with his enemies in a manner as simple as jumping on them and brutally crushing them under his work boots.

Burning thought
you missed my point entirely. I was highlighting that somewhere along every line the chain stops, where did the original beign get is' power?

and I'm not trolling, I'm makign a seperate point. Mario's art style and light hearted theme do not make all his feats null and void. This entire stance is just a defense by you to stop Kratos gettign murdered by a character no one wants tosee beat the supar srs god of war.

Your entire argument is just that because Mario's feats are outlandish and often rediculous, and well beyond your *typical human plumber* (mario isanything but typical.) that they do not apply. Okay, now I'm telling you Mario is not just a plumbwer and that for whatever reason, has been plessed with the superhuman capabilities he clearly displays on a constant basis, be it rediculous jumping powers, or super human strength or shootign fireballs from the palms of his hands. Normal people don't do any of these things, but Mario is NOT a cartoon or immortal, this fight is perfectly fair, and so far as I can tell in Mario's advantage. Your defense is to tryand disqualify him for being a four foot tall plumber who likes spaghetti and blondes?
WUT?

Both game characters can die, cartoon immortality would get stripped anyway. Mario has great feats of durability and strength, you provedi n your own post Mario is not your typical plumber by listing things he does that normal plumbers do not.

Not knowing the source of his power does not mean he has no power. This is a logical fallacy. "I dunno how he flies, so he cn't fly D:<" imagine a member of a primitive tribe who comes across a man with a camera assuming the camera doesn't exist.

If anythign you're insistance that I'm trolling is just the break down of a lack of logical argument to properly disqualify Mario for being anythign more than lighthearted in i's execution and gameplay.

The chain does not stop, and the original is explained to be innate with that power similiar to how God in the Christian religion or how the Big bang started....

No YOU want Mario to beat the God of war, thats what YOU want, because it prob amuses you, but the fact of the matter is, he is merely a plumber.

All of his feats are disqualified because all he is in reality is a plumber whos power comes from the very fact Mushroom kingdom has a very queer logic system, unfortunatley unless this battle was set in the mushroom kingdom, then perhaps Mario could do said things in this debate. But then again, Kratos would be under the same powers to, so you would have to gauge a REAL super Godly being even higher because he would also gain illogical powers, only hes not a plumber, hes higher in reality as well.

normal plumbers do not go to Mushroom kingdom., a universe without logic either.

Darkstorm Zero
BT...... Please tell me your not trying to disregard Mario based on the fact that the Mario Bros series is not realistic......

Do you have ANY idea how ludicrous that is? We may as well shut down all the VS forums based on that poor deduction...

ScreamPaste
Lol, no, I want an actual debate, though I will admit the prospect of the portly plumber winning DOES amuse me that's not my agenda. I play devil's advocate often enough. I like to root for the one less rooted for. Besides Nintendo is heavily under represented on this site.

And you stilll don't get it, just because the power is not explained doesn't mean it's not there.

In reality Mario and Kratos are both pixelated.

In gaming, they both have feats.

Actual debate now plx.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
BT...... Please tell me your not trying to disregard Mario based on the fact that the Mario Bros series is not realistic......

Do you have ANY idea how ludicrous that is? We may as well shut down all the VS forums based on that poor deduction...

THIS! QF Fing T.

Burning thought

Please re-read my posts, you obviously did not do so the first time round....you are very wrong smile

Gumachi
Zeus got his powers from Cronos, Cronos got his power from Uranus, and Uranus got his power from Gaia, and Gaia got her power from Chaos. Gods in Greek Myth are nonething, Ares was hurt by humans, and was hurt so bad he had to run like a little *****.

ScreamPaste
and Chaos got power from?

Burning thought
Lol, no, I want an actual debate, though I will admit the prospect of the portly plumber winning DOES amuse me that's not my agenda. I play devil's advocate often enough. I like to root for the one less rooted for. Besides Nintendo is heavily under represented on this site.

And you stilll don't get it, just because the power is not explained doesn't mean it's not there.

In reality Mario and Kratos are both pixelated.

In gaming, they both have feats.

Actual debate now plx.

oh it does, because you see the world he enters is alternate and there is no explanation for his power, he has shown no reason to be beyond a typical human, thus its more likely the world he enters (Mushroom Kingdom or w/e) where he does said feats is the one that gives him said abilities.

Atual debate now plx

and Chaos got power from?

weve (I) explained this, re-read posts please.

ScreamPaste
oh it does, because you see the world he enters is alternate and there is no explanation for his power, he has shown no reason to be beyond a typical human, thus its more likely the world he enters (Mushroom Kingdom or w/e) where he does said feats is the one that gives him said abilities.

Atual debate now plx

Lol, all games take place in alternate universi otherwise we'd be the slaves of titans or gods or turtles or.. anything.

Burning thought
Lol, all games take place in alternate universi otherwise we'd be the slaves of titans or gods or turtles or.. anything.

yeh, only the alternate universe in Kratos case is filled with explanation and description, Mario is merely a plumber, nothing more.

Gumachi
Scream, your just being foolish now, how in the hell, can Chaos gain power from anyone? Chaos=PrimodialDeity, it would be like saying where did love get it's power from.

Kratos pops fatty's head end of story.

Burning thought
Dont feed the troll Gumachi, youll only make him want more wink

Darkstorm Zero
It's very wonky logic, and an incredibly dodgy debating tactic BT... You automatically threw out Mario's feats in their entirety based on Mushroom Kingdom's fantasy logic..... Under that precedent, no characters powers should work outside their own unierses, which, barring unusual circumstances like say Sephiroth and the Lifestream, should never occur in these theoretical VS debates.

With that said, there is no evidence that Mario's powers are restricted to the Mushroom Kingdom... Infact, the opposite is true, I point you to the Smash Bro series.

Burning thought
It's very wonky logic, and an incredibly dodgy debating tactic BT... You automatically threw out Mario's feats in their entirety based on Mushroom Kingdom's fantasy logic..... Under that precedent, no characters powers should work outside their own unierses, which, barring unusual circumstances like say Sephiroth and the Lifestream, should never occur in these theoretical VS debates.

With that said, there is no evidence that Mario's powers are restricted to the Mushroom Kingdom... Infact, the opposite is true, I point you to the Smash Bro series.

its a perect tactic and 100% bullet proof, Mushroom kingdom has ridiculous wonky logic and furthermore, whats the main argument is that so far ive seen no evidence that Mario is any more than a plumber in reality, ive not seen a post depicting him gaining powers unlike those in other universes. Kratos is a demi-God empowered by Titans, this is WHY he is so powerful and do ridiculous feats of power. What does Mario get? when does Mario get empoered? if its said somewhere that Mario actually gains super power from the uber glowing pink pony that princess peach gave him on his first visit to mushroom kingdom and thus, this power allowed him to do said feats then maybe I would liken to it.

But it seems to me, Mushroom Kingdom and w/e other universe he is in seems to have crooked logic whos rules are bent out of place. The power of each character is inconsistent as well, since you would have to assume many things such as Mario having greater power in his attacks than the sun, all nonsense thought up illogically without actual backing.

Smah bro series? is that canon to the typical marioverse? also what feats does he show in-canon in the Smash bros series? Also he attacks/hits other characters from Metroid to Pikachu (I think) does he not? Does that mean every character in Smash bros can survive sun busting?

ScreamPaste
And now he insists I'm a troll because I disagree with him trying disqualify Mario. Wonderful, lol.

@Gumachi Mario is Kratos' match in strength, he could very well pop Kratos' head.

ScreamPaste
its a perect tactic and 100% bullet proof, Mushroom kingdom has ridiculous wonky logic and furthermore, whats the main argument is that so far ive seen no evidence that Mario is any more than a plumber in reality, ive not seen a post depicting him gaining powers unlike those in other universes. Kratos is a demi-God empowered by Titans, this is WHY he is so powerful and do ridiculous feats of power. What does Mario get? when does Mario get empoered? if its said somewhere that Mario actually gains super power from the uber glowing pink pony that princess peach gave him on his first visit to mushroom kingdom and thus, this power allowed him to do said feats then maybe I would liken to it.

So you're saying if I explained Mario's powers as beignthe result of his magical moustache they count, but just because it's a mystery they don't? LOL.

Burning thought
No, you would have to give me evidence that the canon of the game suggests that Mario's Moustache is indeed magical and gives him the powers described in the games.

Gumachi
@Gumachi Mario is Kratos' match in strength, he could very well pop Kratos' head.

Ooohhhh, me likey.

ScreamPaste
No, the problem here is that just because they are not explained doesn't make his pwoers null, this is a logical falalcy. Gravity clearly functions in games set in time periods before the knowledge of gravity was widespread. Ect. Mario's powers need no explanation, your argument is not bullet proof, and you're still feeding the 'troll' who has yet to insult anyone. By comparison, you've insutled me. I'm a troll?

Either debate the actual match and stop insulting me or leave. Next time you call me a troll I'm hittign the report button.

@Gumachi; Mario has canonicly lifted a massive castle and survived the destruction of a galaxy. despite the arguments from the GoW camp, this would probably be a realyl drawn out fight, lol.

and I'm hoping you and I can debate it =)

Burning thought
no, the fact they are not explained at all, means that his powers are not definite fact all down to him, that means YOU are assuming their his own power when my idea that Mushroom kingdom or an illogical part of his verse is the reason why the characters can go against such logc as the sun disintegrasting them.

And you were trolling by constantly asking ridiculous questions, even Gumachi noted that, which reminds me, I "should" report you immediatley.

Phanteros
And now he insists I'm a troll because I disagree with him trying disqualify Mario. Wonderful, lol.

he won't be poping Kratos' head. kratos has more reach with the blades plus like in all mario games mario get damage alot by spikes.

Gumachi
Gameplay mechanic?

Darkstorm Zero
Call it whatever you choose, but the fact is he is a video game character, and he has feats. Trying to toss either based on location is not a way to claim victory... its no different than unnecessarily depowering a character to cheaply claim a win in a vs debate.

Rationalise it anyway you want to, baybe via an act of R.O.B. perhaps? But for heavens sakes don't avoid the original point of the debate. Just answer the question: Can a fully powered Kratos defeat a fully powered Mario? No second guessing powers, no trying to throw away characters ability groundlessly. just straight up, and explain why as it pertains to the match and nothing else. Can you do this?

Burning thought
Call it whatever you choose, but the fact is he is a video game character, and he has feats. Trying to toss either based on location is not a way to claim victory... its no different than unnecessarily depowering a character to cheaply claim a win in a vs debate.

Rationalise it anyway you want to, baybe via an act of R.O.B. perhaps? But for heavens sakes don't avoid the original point of the debate. Just answer the question: Can a fully powered Kratos defeat a fully powered Mario? No second guessing powers, no trying to throw away characters ability groundlessly. just straight up, and explain why as it pertains to the match and nothing else. Can you do this?

Anyone can debate powers, but if Mario does not have Galaxy durability and strength greater than the power of the sun it would be easier for Kratos, since obviously he would have to use cheap tactics such as turning Mario to stone or using souls of the dead to take his soul or something rather than damage his body since Kratos as powerful as he is cannot dish out galaxy damage...

Thing is, ime not buying all this rubbish about Mario actually having such powers in reality, he is a plumber, nothing more, nothing less...in the canon he has never been more than a plumber who can do seemingly impossble things in gameplay, although all the things he does of high power are from what ive seen, poor representations of colourful graphics.

The burdon of proof is still on people to provide for the objects and grounds in Mushroom kingdom being equel to our words physics, especially if the feats are inconsistent, one minute Mario is tossing little fireballs to defeat Cooper, then the next minute hes bustin galaxies or something? tossing him into suns? thats inconsistency. Inconcsistency alike to a non fact feat, and more of simply a gameplay display or comedic object.

Thing is, Kratos is not subject to Marios rules, so Kratos would not just die when Mario jumps on his head....Kratos would not be subject to just being grabbed and tossed into the sun since otherwise Kratos would have to be under the same cartoon rules as a plumber.

Kratos can prob win this either way, Mario is not immune to be turned to stone surely? or having his soul attacked? regardless of what stars he has.

ScreamPaste
Anyone can debate powers, but if Mario does not have Galaxy durability and strength greater than the power of the sun it would be easier for Kratos, since obviously he would have to use cheap tactics such as turning Mario to stone or using souls of the dead to take his soul or something rather than damage his body since Kratos as powerful as he is cannot dish out galaxy damage...

Thing is, ime not buying all this rubbish about Mario actually having such powers in reality, he is a plumber, nothing more, nothing less...in the canon he has never been more than a plumber who can do seemingly impossble things in gameplay, although all the things he does of high power are from what ive seen, poor representations of colourful graphics.

The burdon of proof is still on people to provide for the objects and grounds in Mushroom kingdom being equel to our words physics, especially if the feats are inconsistent, one minute Mario is tossing little fireballs to defeat Cooper, then the next minute hes bustin galaxies or something? tossing him into suns? thats inconsistency. Inconcsistency alike to a non fact feat, and more of simply a gameplay display or comedic object.

Thing is, Kratos is not subject to Marios rules, so Kratos would not just die when Mario jumps on his head....Kratos would not be subject to just being grabbed and tossed into the sun since otherwise Kratos would have to be under the same cartoon rules as a plumber.

Kratos can prob win this either way, Mario is not immune to be turned to stone surely? or having his soul attacked? regardless of what stars he has.

finally we're starting to see debate!

One thing though, you keep saying in reality, and in reality, they're both fictional.

and no I was not trolling, percieve it how you like, I was making a point you refuse to accept.

The following is my take on this debate;

WITH power ups:

Mario takes this because he can effectively kite Kratos with fireballs, and cape anything Kratos throws back/fleece's. If things get rough Mario can usee a super shroom to assume giant size and easily over power Kratos physicly. the problems Mario would have are stoning and ghosty bastards. Mario can get around the ghosts fine, but I don't think he can harm them. Essentially Mario has to focus on taking out Kratos while avoiding the ghosts. The stoning is another problem entirely, does he have to look at it to get stoned or is it an AoE? If it's an AoE he simply continues to kite, if it's sight based this could turn the tide in Kratos' favour. Mario could in theroy use the vanish cap to run through and clear through Kratos and behind him, where he'd commence the beat down.

Another problem for Kratos is the winged cap. Mario can essentially fly aroudn impervious to everythign but stoning.

WITHOUT power ups; This is more interesting to me, Kratos definately has the range advantage but if Mario gets inside he can deal out rediculous damage thanks to his strength. It comes down to Kratos weapons vs Mario's ability to get past them (which should not be ignored.) I think Kratos probably wins because Mario fights unarmed.
If Mario had a vanish cap he could easily get in, and it'd priobably come down to even.

UNARMED; fist fight. Mario crushes Kratos, imo. Never pick a fist fight with a tradesman.

Burning thought
Kratos has a fleece as you mentioned to reflect/defned himself from fireballs, growing giant size would not help him, Kratos has defeated enemies enormous in comparison to him and growing giant would only make himself an easy target for kratos' stone stare. And canonically it would be sight based although it can be AOE, Kratos has the Gorgon flare which is eye based and instant, or the AOE blast.

Stoning can win this, and win this easily especially if he becomes giant.

ScreamPaste
Can you stone somethign that's incorporeal? Vanish cap.

Burning thought
Can you show me vanish cap? it sound slike it just makes him invisble

ScreamPaste
in Mario 64 it made him entirely incorporeal, and he walked through special walls and stuff, and was temporarily invincible. I'll look for a video.

Gumachi
Special walls?

ScreamPaste
Gameplay mechanic, the N64 didn't have the processing power for an open world andwalkign through the wall of a level resulted in falling off the level.

Gumachi
Lol

MadMel
why hasnt this been closed yet??
im pretty damn sure its a duplicate...

occultdestroyer
Mario clearly > the sun.
crylaugh0

Heck, even Kratos with his power-ups would die in the Sun.

It only makes Mario more "cartoony" and equal to the likes of Bugs Bunny.

In a more logical approach, a Greek half-god >>> a fat Italian plumber.

Final Blaxican
In more logical approach, a half-god doesn't exist.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
In more logical approach, a half-god doesn't exist.
My sig says otherwise

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
crylaugh0

Heck, even Kratos with his power-ups would die in the Sun.

It only makes Mario more "cartoony" and equal to the likes of Bugs Bunny.

In a more logical approach, a Greek half-god >>> a fat Italian plumber.

I'm gonna use this against you because it's poorly worded and I can.

if Bowser can survive the sun, and Kratos cannot, and Mario beats Bowser every time, he can probably beat Kratos every time aswell.

And I'm usually against Him1>Him2>Him3 so Him1>Him3 fallacies.

Also, logicly a half god doesnt' exist = true. Your sig is a failure of an example because it shows your own disbelief in that god.

Furthermore, we're discussing video games, and reaity does not apply.

THUS; Mario so far has the advantage and only a few peopel have stopped to actually debate with me, either contribute or GTFO =(

k1Lla441
I'm gonna use this against you because it's poorly worded and I can.

if Bowser can survive the sun, and Kratos cannot, and Mario beats Bowser every time, he can probably beat Kratos every time aswell.

And I'm usually against Him1>Him2>Him3 so Him1>Him3 fallacies.

Also, logicly a half god doesnt' exist = true. Your sig is a failure of an example because it shows your own disbelief in that god.

Furthermore, we're discussing video games, and reaity does not apply.

THUS; Mario so far has the advantage and only a few peopel have stopped to actually debate with me, either contribute or GTFO =(
a>b>c logic fails. just because mario can beat somebody who can survive the sun doesnt necassarily mean that he can beat somebody who cant. That would be but one of the many factors that would come to play in a fight, i.e i dont think that mario could even throw kratos because of his brute strength, and even get near him before he gets ripped apart from his blades.

Darkstorm Zero
For me, it depends heavily on whatever each character has with him in the fight, and what can be found nearby. Honestly, Starpower = no limits.... Well, short of falling into bottomless holes...

Burning thought
and being turned into stone and either way, thats a no limits fallacy

Darkstorm Zero
He turns himself into stone using the Tanooki Suit anyways. You will have to prove that Medusa's gaze gets through the Starman's invulnerability...

I dunno why this is a big deal though 30 seconds and the invulnerability fades anyway.

Burning thought
No i dont, why would I have to prove he cannot be stoned? invulerablilty is not recieving damage, being turned to stone is not damaging him, its turning him into a diffrent substecne and as an extension of that, I wouldnt have to prove it anyway, you would have to prove by feats the Starman saving him from being made into rock.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by k1Lla441
a>b>c logic fails. just because mario can beat somebody who can survive the sun doesnt necassarily mean that he can beat somebody who cant. That would be but one of the many factors that would come to play in a fight, i.e i dont think that mario could even throw kratos because of his brute strength, and even get near him before he gets ripped apart from his blades.

the logic fails but I was was counter trolling.

I dunno, imo the vanish cap > stoning. Has Kratos ever stoned an incorporeal being?

Ultimate Wil
I would vote for Mario but Kratos sadly would murder Mario

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
I would vote for Mario but Kratos sadly would murder Mario

Do you have proof?

Gumachi
Nevermind.

Nemesis X
Kratos has been fighting and killing Gods, Titans, and other powerful mythical creatures. What has Mario been fighting all his life? Oh yeah, a stupid overgrown fire breathing turtle and his army of smaller turtles and walking mushrooms.

This thread's spite. Close it already.

Neo Darkhalen
Why is this thread still around?

We got the answer to this on the first page; we all know who would win.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Why is this thread still around?

We got the answer to this on the first page; we all know who would win.
so far it looks like Mario would win. Care to debate that?

Atleast BT is providing discussion.

Gumachi
So I guess we have it, Mario wins.

ThunderGodEneru
Jesus J. Christ you all are ignorant.

Mario in his realistic(NOT toonforce) depictions of strength can just BARELY lift King Bomb Omb.

Mario is not fast, you cannot prove Bullet Bills move as fast as real bullets, Kratos on the other hand has shown to be very fast and agile, and has lightning fast reaction-speeds.

Kratos has more powers, and the Star is a No-Limits fallacy.

Kratos ftw.

Gumachi
But Mario is a /fat/ italian plumber stick out tongue

Phanteros
kratos can just rip him in half since slightest attacks can kill mario quick

Ultimate Wil
Do you have proof?

Yeah, Kratos grabs Mario and rips him in half.

ScreamPaste
@ TGE, I'm going to disagree, Mario 64 is inconsistant in Mario's actual strength, it seems as though Nintendo just really loved the sound effect for Mario exerting effort. He made the same sound picking up baby penguins as giant bombs and lizards, all of which reduced him to the same movement speed, except the Bowser who he spun in place at rediculous speed and tossed around fifty feet =/ In Galaxy Mario knocks a massive Bowser around a miniature planet at high speed with a spin, and survives the destruction of a galaxy.

@Ultimate Wil, by feats Mario is stronger, and if your only logic is "cause I said so" then I can say Mario rips Kratos in half, then sodomozes the bottom half of the corpse cause he gets off on that kind of thing... But I'd rather debate, and calling Mario a necrophiliac seems a bit mean.
Debate with reasons/logic or GTFO imo.

Burning thought
what do you mean by the destruction of a galaxy, can you show me please? Galaxy is many solarsystems and as an extensio nof that, many celestial bodies, lumps of rock/earth as well as balls of hydrogen. I would have to see what you mean by this.

ScreamPaste
Well at the end of Mario Galaxy SPOILER ALERT OMGWTF

Mario knocks Bowser into the sun (which he survives) and frees the grand star which powers Bowsders reactor which in turn holds together the galaxy they're in at the time. The result is the end of that galaxy in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkoTXYagJOo <--ending cutscene.

Burning thought
If only you had shown me that earlier. I could have explained it to you.

First, overall everything your trying to pass off as an impressive feat is negated by your evidence, the women at the end, god knows who she is explains how stars are completly diffrent in that fiction, than in our reality, so trying to pass off the Mario galaxy stars as super heated Hydrogen balls is ridiculous enough. Stars do not grow up to become galaxies, and you do not have crying baby stars.

Now that said, it looks to me like Bowser fell in the burning heat of an unkown temperature of the rocky ball of fire you see him on later, that is no sun, first a real sun would not have lumps of rock around it, it would disintigrate them instantly. Second, you could see the sun in the distance, far away.

Aslo btw, that "galaxy" looked no more than a Solarsystem and we dont actually see Mario get hit by anything, for all we know he was ported by that women, or by the looks of her, he did die and was resurrected by her, we cannot assume he was hit by the explosion. We dont actually see him hit by it.

ThunderGodEneru

Mario knocks Bowser into the sun (which he survives) and frees the grand star which powers Bowsders reactor which in turn holds together the galaxy they're in at the time. The result is the end of that galaxy in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkoTXYagJOo <--ending cutscene. And I suppose you missed how Mario was not there when the galaxy ended?

And that was NOT a sun, it was too small, the rocks would not be able to take direct contact with it, and above all, suns are not hollow.

And IIRC, Bowser has been killed by normal lava.

Gumachi
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Bowser has been killed by normal lava.

Hahaha.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Gumachi
Hahaha. Oh? And you disagree?

Gumachi
No smokin'

ThunderGodEneru
Good, cause in New Super Mario Bros, that is exactly what happened.

Nemesis X
Why is this thread still open? It's an insult to Kratos that he has to fight this low life. The only way Mario would win is if he makes a pizza for Kratos and puts poison in it. Italians are skilled at making pizzas.

But back to reality, Kratos slices Mario in half and goes off to mess with Princess Peach.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Why is this thread still open? It's an insult to Kratos that he has to fight this low life. The only way Mario would win is if he makes a pizza for Kratos and puts poison in it. Italians are skilled at making pizzas.
You have learned much from me child, I have to admit, that blatant racial slur impressed even me. haermm

Nemesis X
I wasn't trying to be racial.

Aren't Italians skilled at making pizzas? I mean come on, pizza was invented at Italy. How am I being racial on a race that makes perfectly good food?

k1Lla441

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkoTXYagJOo <--ending cutscene.

1. tge and bt did a great job of negating this.

2. you said that mario has better strength feats than kratos. i highly doubt this, but if you can prove it please show some evidence.

3. none of marios attacks are fast enough to get past the golden fleece, so pretty much all of his long range attacks are useless. and going in on kratos for a melee is like committing suicide, no one in there right mind would think of doing it.

@ nemisis x, jaxx gave you a compliment. if i were you id be flattered, as he doesnt give much of those wink

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by k1Lla441
2. you said that mario has better strength feats than kratos. i highly doubt this, but if you can prove it please show some evidence.

@ nemisis x, jaxx gave you a compliment. if i were you id be flattered, as he doesnt give much of those wink He doesn't.

Yeah Nemesis, don't be a dick.

Nemesis X
1: Please don't call me a d***. That's rude.

2: When you said I made a racial slur I thought you really meant I was racist.

Gumachi
Whoa whoa whoa people, what's going on people?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Gumachi
Whoa whoa whoa people, what's going on people?

Well it all started when I said Italians are skilled at making pizzas and Eneru said I made a racial slur. I told him I wasn't and now I'm being called a d***.

Gumachi
You do know TGE was joking right? When he said "don't be a dick", I think he mean't don't take it seriously, but It will blow off or you can just ignore it.

Burning thought
also technically he didnt call you a dick, he said "dont be one" so maybe he thinks your going to be one in the near future.

Ultimate Wil
@Ultimate Wil, by feats Mario is stronger, and if your only logic is "cause I said so" then I can say Mario rips Kratos in half, then sodomozes the bottom half of the corpse cause he gets off on that kind of thing... But I'd rather debate, and calling Mario a necrophiliac seems a bit mean.
Debate with reasons/logic or GTFO imo.

The only problem is that Mario has never ripped anyone in half, Kratos has. Kratos has defeated gods, Mario hasn't. Kratos sends out BoC and chopps Mario's head off.

Neo Darkhalen
Can we all just be realistic for a moment and all agree Kratos would win and get this over with.

so far it looks like Mario would win. Care to debate that?

Atleast BT is providing discussion.

What debate, theirs nothing here to debate, logically Kratos would win.

Burning thought
We have all agreed, I would be very surprised if Screampast or anyone else for that matter tried to defend that round ball of rock covered lava was indeed the sun, not to mention in spite of the evidence the Fictional universe itself stating galaxies and stars are not like the ones we have in this unvierse.

Phanteros
We have all agreed, I would be very surprised if Screampast or anyone else for that matter tried to defend that round ball of rock covered lava was indeed the sun, not to mention in spite of the evidence the Fictional universe itself stating galaxies and stars are not like the ones we have in this unvierse.
i don't think anyone with no brain unless they are Anti Kratos will disagree.

k1Lla441
He doesn't.

Yeah Nemesis, don't be a dick.
i knew i was right Happy Dance

Nemesis X
You knew you were right about what?

k1Lla441
You knew you were right about what?
When i doubted marios strength feats come near kratos', let alone beating them.

ThunderGodEneru
We have all agreed, I would be very surprised if Screampast or anyone else for that matter tried to defend that round ball of rock covered lava was indeed the sun, not to mention in spite of the evidence the Fictional universe itself stating galaxies and stars are not like the ones we have in this unvierse. You forgot to mention Mario was not even there when said galaxy was destroyed.

Burning thought
Well I did beforehand. Altho that was a summing up, I had said enough to reduce the effectiveness of Mario in this debate to less than zero.

MadMel
its what i said from the start...unless mario's toonforce feats count he's toast, and even if they do he still gets beaten badly erm

ScreamPaste
-.O; Lemme rewatch that cutscene, I posted it from skool, last time I beat the game was months ago so inaccurate memory may be an issue here!

Mario's strength featsd ARE up there, he lifted a castle, and bats Bowser around with a spin.

TGE hasn't called me a dick =/ I feel unloved.

k1Lla441
-.O; Lemme rewatch that cutscene, I posted it from skool, last time I beat the game was months ago so inaccurate memory may be an issue here!

Mario's strength featsd ARE up there, he lifted a castle, and bats Bowser around with a spin.

TGE hasn't called me a dick =/ I feel unloved.
thats cus you are unloved. no expression

ThunderGodEneru

TGE hasn't called me a dick =/ I feel unloved. It was.

You wanna use the castle feat, said castle was only 5 times bigger than Mario. As for Bowser, Kratos would do that with one hand.

It's because you're a pile of bearshit.

ScreamPaste
<3

ThunderGodEneru
Go die in a ditch, would you kindly?

ScreamPaste
I think I'm in love =P

Captain REX
ThunderGodEneru, is there a REASON that you think it is a-okay to bash? Is there? Because I want to hear it.

ThunderGodEneru
He asked me to, we were joking.

EDIT: At least I assumed we were.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Captain REX
ThunderGodEneru, is there a REASON that you think it is a-okay to bash? Is there? Because I want to hear it.
yea the other guy demanded it cus he felt unloved.

ScreamPaste
We were joking. TGE is okay by me.

The internet has no tone, so some peopel can't smell the lulz I guess.

Phanteros
Go die in a ditch, would you kindly?

Lawls God Enuru

Nemesis X
Lizard beater versus God beater. Which sounds like a winner to you?

Phanteros
Lizard beater versus God beater. Which sounds like a winner to you?
that sounds dirty but i go with the god beater

Nemesis X
I don't get how you think my sentence is dirty and I don't even want to know.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>