how intelligent is G1 megatron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beast1234
how versatile was G1 megatron in the intellgence department. WAS he more cunning, logical, creative or more of a analytical thinker.

Sadako of Girth
All of the above.
His plans were lunatic genius and could express himself articulately.

Baymovie Megatron just goes "Rawwwwr I can smelll youuu boyyy" and carries himself physically and mentally like a dumbarse shit.

Darkstorm Zero
G1 Megs orchastrated the single biggest uprising since the Fallen, as a mask for a terraforming & transformation of Cybertron. This guy plans long term, though often to the detriment of short term goals, this guy has a sizable set of cerebro circuitry going on in his noggin.

Doctor-Alvis
Within the show he was pretty smart. Outside of it, he was pretty dumb. My memory that far back is a little hazy but I remember even as a kid being able to pick apart parts of his plans.

ctsketch
picking apart the plans of cartoon characters is kinda like yelling at the girl in the horror flick who trips when she runs....

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ctsketch
picking apart the plans of cartoon characters is kinda like yelling at the girl in the horror flick who trips when she runs....

lol.

Doctor-Alvis
It's exactly like that. But this thread isn't "Does that girl in the horror flick have good balance?"

CadoAngelus

"NOO!!!! DON'T GO IN THERE, THAT'S WHERE THE KILLE...oh you're dead now...seee, why do you never listen. Stupid films, always ignoring me..."

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud All very true....

beast1234
How smart was he in the comics

Scythe
Originally posted by beast1234
How smart was he in the comics

Much more cunning and violent, just not as much a comic Galvatron.

lordmegatron1
See now how smart I could've been. If only that goddamn Bay had a heart attack after the first line he wrote, then the decepticons would've won the EARTH.

The Nuul
Hes Genius level or above by Earth terms but hes brought down because of PIS.

super pr*xy
above and beyond bay's megatron for sure. bay turned megatron into a backwards tard version of agent smith without the imposing terror or the menacing presence.

Scythe
Smarter than the average bar, mhmm.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by lordmegatron1
See now how smart I could've been. If only that goddamn Bay had a heart attack after the first line he wrote, then the decepticons would've won the EARTH.
Michael Bay didn't write it.

lordmegatron1
then who? because whoever did i need to kill them for it!

The Nuul
Originally posted by lordmegatron1
then who? because whoever did i need to kill them for it!

Jeph Loeb

beast1234
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
All of the above.
His plans were lunatic genius and could express himself articulately.

Baymovie Megatron just goes "Rawwwwr I can smelll youuu boyyy" and carries himself physically and mentally like a dumbarse shit.

I just finshed watching Megatron masterplan. He came up with one of the most the most sinister plan. In the cartoon he was more of a schemer while in the comic he was more of a military planner.

darthmaul1
He was a dumb sh!t, i just saw a show where both the autobots and decepticons were buried in a mountain, megatron orders starscream to blast them out. they do, and then reblast the hole closed, and megatron was saying "thats the end of prime and the autobots" but then the autobots just blast their way out after the commercial.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by beast1234
I just finshed watching Megatron masterplan. He came up with one of the most the most sinister plan. In the cartoon he was more of a schemer while in the comic he was more of a military planner.

I agree. He was colder, more inwardly contemplative and more ruthless in the comics, and in the end, (especially including the UK issues) was almost totally insane.

Comics Megatron was where it was at...

Galvatron too.

Robtard

LoLz.

Scythe
It's funny cuz it's true.

Sadako of Girth
Funny/horrifically sad.

stick out tongue

lordmegatron1
Sure, make fun of the Metalhead now. Soon, soon, the uprising will begin. I just need a shitload of Tungsten. Sucks being a freshman in High School. I've probably had to live this moment over and over again for 7,000 years. Man I need blood. I'm getting thirsty. Good-bye 'tards! <laugh>

-Carnage

(>^^)>
I agree. He was colder, more inwardly contemplative and more ruthless in the comics, and in the end, (especially including the UK issues) was almost totally insane.

Comics Megatron was where it was at...

Galvatron too.
Galvatron got pretty batcrap crazy in the show, to a point where they threw him in a, no joking, robot insane asylum, cyclonus was so torn up D:
but in the shows, megatron was intelligent, maybe always a little off the deep end, but god dammit he was a dumbass when it came to certain things, like starscream, right off the bat starscream was telling megatron that he'll betray him and rule the decepticons, and megatron just acted all jon arbuckle

beast1234
Originally posted by (>^^)>
Galvatron got pretty batcrap crazy in the show, to a point where they threw him in a, no joking, robot insane asylum, cyclonus was so torn up D:
but in the shows, megatron was intelligent, maybe always a little off the deep end, but god dammit he was a dumbass when it came to certain things, like starscream, right off the bat starscream was telling megatron that he'll betray him and rule the decepticons, and megatron just acted all jon arbuckle

Starsream is one of Megatron inner circle. He the areospace commander of the decepticon and he a better tactician when it comes to ariel combat he a great asset to the Deceptions along with Shockwave and Soundwave. Thundercracker is close to starscream in skills and intelligence but he lacks his drive and ruthlessness he likes to think of himselve has noble warrior and he does not have starscream leadership skills. And Megatron secretly adrime Starscream for some strange reason.

InfernoJG95
NOT VERY! see when they are revived in more than meets the eye part 1 why did they not destroy the autobots before the autobots were revived? BW megatron(eurrgh) tried to kill prime...but was stopped by maximals. no one to stop them destroying the autobots then

beast1234
Originally posted by InfernoJG95
NOT VERY! see when they are revived in more than meets the eye part 1 why did they not destroy the autobots before the autobots were revived? BW megatron(eurrgh) tried to kill prime...but was stopped by maximals. no one to stop them destroying the autobots then

G1 Megatron has vast intelligence. In the marvel version he plan to turn Cybertron into a cosmic dreadnought in order to conquer the universe despite the fact that he did not compute his goals he managed to build a massive engine. Once Megatron notice that there was traitor in the mist so in order to know who the traitor was. So Megatron accused Bludgeon of being the traitor then Bludgeon declared his right has a Decepticons traditional trial-by-combat against the other Decepticons this what Megatron had plan for. All the Decepticon fought eash other untill one(Warmonger) gain the upper hand but he could not kill a defenless fighter then Megatron killed Warmonger because he could not break the autobot code. This shows that Megatron has great cunning and calculating skills.

In the dreamwave comic Megatron was once a gladiator. He soon learned that the games were created has a diversion by the Council of Ancients to to keep the Cybertian foucsed on the games so that they do not know about they past. When Megatron learned of this became foucs on finding out about the past of the ancient transformers ruled a vast empire and also leraned that Cybertron was once mobile he discovered planet engines this feats shows that Megatron has great deduction skills. Later on he started the great war in order to hide his true plan which was to get the martix and use it power the planet engine. A few years later Megatron was overthrown by Shockwave. Megatron got his revange by outwitting he did this by coming back with ambushing shockwave knocking him out out cold and created a device that prevent him useing his power has a onfensive weapon. Not only did Megatron outsmart he prove to be his superior when it came to created combiners.

In the IDW egatron came up with a cunning scheme that is called infiltration protocol. Destroying the social sysytems of a race by making them fight each other and destory they resource in the war then when the planet is weaken he seen his amries to do the rest of the work and in All hails Megatron he has shown that he can think ahead and predict the future by using his intellect.

Sadako of Girth
The gladiator origin nods to G1 Megatrons' origin as told in the 1985 annual.

Omega Vision
Less than Beast Wars Megatron. stick out tongue

beast1234
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Less than Beast Wars Megatron. stick out tongue

That debatable. Up unto now i have read essentials stories of G1 Megatron and he has shown huge amont of intelligence. The reason why i asked the questions in the first place was because i knew nothing of him back then and people always like to point out that he was not smart and i found it confession because on his tech spec his intelligence is ranked has 10.

Sadako of Girth
He wasnt so smart in the G1 cartoon.... but the comic Megatron had a crueller, more fierce intelligence....he just went mental in the end though, sadly.

beast1234
He wasnt so smart in the G1 cartoon.... but the comic Megatron had a crueller, more fierce intelligence....he just went mental in the end though, sadly.

He was smart in the cartoon. He came up with a plan that allowed him to frame the autobot making the public think that the autobot was the bad guys which was in Megatron master plan. In more then meet the eyes he trick the Autobot into fighting fake decepticon so that can them busy when he was trying to escape from Earth. He came up with a clever plan that would have killed the autobot. He created a fake prime which he could control. He did that so that the Autobot could listen to him and lead them to a trap and he manged to conquer cybertron

Sadako of Girth
Sure, but just not AS Smart as the comic is what I meant.

beast1234
Sure, but just not AS Smart as the comic is what I meant.

True. But people say that he was not smart in the cartoon which is false and worse of all they don't back it up. But despite the fact marvel Megatron had incredile leadership skills and cunning he was ruled by emotions, ego and pride. That why Shockwave desired to take his leadership. The reason why Megatron was liked that is because he see himselve has someone that is a great ruler and his destined for greatness. People with that kind of menality will always be ruled by they ego.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.