Dante vs Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
Topic.

KakashiKun
Dante.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by KakashiKun
Dante.

ThunderGodEneru
Been made.

Dante.

Csdabest
Dante for pure fack that he is flipping immortal.

Rascaduanok
Dante. Though Ryu has more stylish off the wall attacks. But Dante would toy around with him like Nero before killing him in a single glorious jump cancelled combo of righteous smackdown.

Gumachi
Finally a thread where everyone agrees?

quanchi112
Dante...easily.

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by Rascaduanok
Dante. Though Ryu has more stylish off the wall attacks. But Dante would toy around with him like Nero before killing him in a single glorious jump cancelled combo of righteous smackdown.

Is it honestly necessary to brown-nose Dante to such a extent?

ThunderGodEneru
Dante is not beating Ryu easily, especially if he is just using his sword.

Csdabest
Too be Ryu Hayabusa is more skilled and also have some devestating attacks. and Imo much faster. But Dante just has some cheap quicksilver crap in his arsenal that and he cant die. Which are the only reasons he would win

First_Tsurugi06
Dante by canon scenes has better feats of speed and agility than Ryu in the same sense. Aside from all is weapons being vastly more versatile, Dante by nature has displayed better swordwork in cutscenes than what Ryu's done in or out of gameplay, where he is as exagerrated as any JRPG character doing their ultimate special move. Dante's gunslinging has been more impressive than Ryu's best feats of swordwork, and the best gunslinger Ryu ever fought was Gamov. Ryu's best chance is if he were fighting DMC3 Dante without Quicksilver, where he'd still be outmatched in terms of agility, weaponry, and raw physical strength. Only not to as big a margin as it would be should Ryu be fighting Dante at his peak.

None of this is even counting the likes of DT, which just gives Dante yet another blindingly blatant advantage in this already one-sided fight. The closest thing they have is their speed, and while Ryu has plenty impressive movement speeds, he still hasn't hown the attack speed to stab his sword hundreds of times in mere seconds.

Just my two cents.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Dante is not beating Ryu easily, especially if he is just using his sword.
but it wouldnt be a close match either.

fascistcrusader
Ryu doesn't really have anything that can put Dante down, and all Dante needs is one good hit..... Eventually Dante is going to kill him because Ryu can die and he can't.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Ryu doesn't really have anything that can put Dante down, and all Dante needs is one good hit..... Eventually Dante is going to kill him because Ryu can die and he can't.

QFT

Ultimate Wil
Dante crushes Ryu badly

ThunderGodEneru
Ryu doesn't really have anything that can put Dante down, and all Dante needs is one good hit..... Eventually Dante is going to kill him because Ryu can die and he can't. Ryu took a blast at ground zero that is more powerful than any attack Dante has.

He has Ninpo(and his sword for that matter) that can easily destroy large military-grade aircraft(not sure exactly what they were) and was easily dodging the multiple bullets from them, bullets from a gun that large typically fly at 1,200-1,500 meters per second.

Ryu Hayabusa if they fight melee is not losing easily. At all.

fascistcrusader
I never said he'd lose easily, just that he'd lose eventually. This is an unavoidable event as Ryu can die and Dante cannot. Eventually Ryu is going to make a mistake or get tired out and Dante is going to kill him. It might not be easy, but it is certainly unavoidable.

ThunderGodEneru
Dante cannot live with a severed head, never has shown to.

I am not saying Ryu wins, he prolly loses, but not easily, at all, at least in terms of a pure swordfight.

As for guns, lol at a bullet hitting Ryu.

fascistcrusader
Dante can't have his head removed by Ryu, as we see in DMC 3 his wound is healed the second the blade isn't separating his flesh. This isn't a matter of if Dante wins, its simply a when.

I am who I am
How many times am I gonna see this thread made?

quanchi112
Dante is not beating Ryu easily, especially if he is just using his sword. When does it specify that he doesn't get to use his guns in this thread?Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Dante cannot live with a severed head, never has shown to.

I am not saying Ryu wins, he prolly loses, but not easily, at all, at least in terms of a pure swordfight.

As for guns, lol at a bullet hitting Ryu. Dante is wrecking him, easily. Faster, stronger, has a gun,etc.

Ultimate Wil
Dante has defeated bigger, and more powerful monsters then Ryu sadly, Dante with ease.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by quanchi112
When does it specify that he doesn't get to use his guns in this thread? Dante is wrecking him, easily. Faster, stronger, has a gun,etc. Faster is a huge maybe, considering how as I pointed out Ryu effortlessly dodged bullets that were moving at 1,200-1,500 meters per second, well past sound. Ryu is easily hypersonic in speed.

Stronger? Probably.

But Ryu is far more durable.

quanchi112
Faster is a huge maybe, considering how as I pointed out Ryu effortlessly dodged bullets that were moving at 1,200-1,500 meters per second, well past sound. Ryu is easily hypersonic in speed.

Stronger? Probably.

But Ryu is far more durable. Ryu isn't more durable than Dante. Dante is also half demon also and Ryu doesn't have an advantage in any category.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ryu isn't more durable than Dante. Dante is also half demon also and Ryu doesn't have an advantage in any category. I guarantee you he is, he took a blast that blew the top off a mountain at ground zero and was completely fine.

Half demon? Um, whoopty doo?

fascistcrusader
Dante can't die. Any wound he receives is healed instantaneously. Ryu has a knack for getting out of bad situations and avoiding blows, but to say he's more durable than Dante is ridiculous. I know you hate the devil boy, but don't ignore the facts.

ThunderGodEneru
Dante has a HEALING FACTOR.

His skin does not take damage as well as Ryu's.

Zack Fair
Dante has a HEALING FACTOR.

His skin does not take damage as well as Ryu's.

QFT

fascistcrusader
Healing factor or not, he's still more durable as nothing can really hurt him. If you recall Ryu was killed by being stabbed in the torso in NG 1. Yes, the Dark Dragon blade is a powerful magic weapon, but so is everything that Dante carries.

ThunderGodEneru
Healing factor or not, he's still more durable as nothing can really hurt him. If you recall Ryu was killed by being stabbed in the torso in NG 1. Yes, the Dark Dragon blade is a powerful magic weapon, but so is everything that Dante carries. The Dark Dragon Blade is more powerful than the Vigoorian Emperor himself.

The Vigoorian Emperor split the planet in half.

Dante has been stabbed by far less than the Dark Dragon Blade.

fascistcrusader
The Dark Dragon blade wasn't at its full potential when Ryu was stabbed by it. It became as powerful as it did only after Ryu slaughtered all those people and fiends trying to find it. Dante has the very clear edge in durability.

ThunderGodEneru
The Dark Dragon blade wasn't at its full potential when Ryu was stabbed by it. It became as powerful as it did only after Ryu slaughtered all those people and fiends trying to find it. Dante has the very clear edge in durability. The Dark Dragon Blade at .01% of its power is stronger than anything Dante has tanked, considering it>A planet buster.

And Ryu took a blast that was almost akin to a nuke in power.

In fact, here is the vid. Check 6:45

FFUhS7RaA64

fascistcrusader
Its greater than a planet buster at full power, but not at its weakest.

And in that video all we see is some rocks falling around him after an explosion in the air from the archfiend blowing up. The ground around him during the explosion didn't look any more damaged than it did in the fight. Then afterwards we see he was well protected by rock and its skull. He didn't take that blast, he avoided it, as it happened above him for the most part.

Its like in NG 1 on the airship. Its not like he went down with it and tanked the fire, he leaped to safety with all his agility and what not.

Csdabest
The sword can cut people and instantly incinerate them. Ryu Tanked that. No if ands or buts

fascistcrusader
It can at full power, but once again Ryu didn't take it at anywhere close to full power. Dante is more durable as he literally can't die, and we've seen Ryu die in the beginning of NG 1.

I am who I am
Wait a minute, Ryu can avoid bein' shot by Dante? Lol? Not only is the dude super human but he's got super human guns. The man has infinite bullets, charge shots AND Devil Trigger. Hayabusa wit his sword is a beast 1 of the best around but I mean c'mon. Dante could sit back and shot at'im for eternity...he's gonna get'im eventually. And why do you need durabilty when you have a healin' factor that makes you damn near immortal?

Just askin

Pyron_Knight
^^ Lol Dante can't die...then again this is the same guy who says Dante could beat Pyron and Jedah.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
^^ Lol Dante can't die...then again this is the same guy who says Dante could beat Pyron and Jedah. Wut lol?

EDIT: And I concede the blast point, Ryu did not take the brunt of it.

Pyron_Knight
Don't you remember these threads?

Jedah loses to Dante
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10513241&highlight=Jedah+userid%3A111248#post10513241

Pyron loses to Dante
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=483375&highlight=Pyron+userid%3A111248

Sad, sad, sad...at least Kain is a good character so i can get BT. But defending Dante like this?

Gumachi
Dante unleashes Pandora on Ryu or unleashes his Devil Trigger on his ass Is Ryu fast enough to dodge bullets at minigun speed?

ScreamPaste
... TGE already said "lol at a bullet hitting Ryu" and provided evidence of Ryu dodging bullets that move at 1500 metres a second.

ScreamPaste
I've read through this and even thoguh Dante can regen I'm going to bet Ryu can wear it down because he's basicly superior in every way except for Dante's silly healign factor.

ThunderGodEneru
Not true.

Dante is physically stronger, has far greater versatility, and a healing factor of gayness.

ScreamPaste
Ryu is much faster and more durable, that video with the exploding mountain top convinced me of that withotu doubt, and Dante's healing factor seems to be able to be worn down over tiem, even the DMC wiki, which is maintained by the DMC fanboys, seems to suggest this. but it IS a wiki, lol.

I think the main thing stoppinf Ryu from wining is the perception of Dante as unkillable. He IS killable, just not easily killed.

Dan666
How is this forum alive? Seriously a mere 'human' beating a hybrid is inconceivable.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Dan666
How is this forum alive? Seriously a mere 'human' beating a hybrid is inconceivable.

Isnt Ryu beating human hybrids in his own game (Alma)?

Also, wtf bump?

Dan666
Dante has been impaled on more than one occasion, I have a strange feeling that if Ryu chopped off Dante's head Dante would still be alive, I don't know how he just would.

LLLLLink
So how do you die in Dante's game if decapitation isnt enough?

BloodRain
Bumped from the grave?
Urm Dante based on played both games and some reasearch, my 2 cents before this goes dead again.

Dan666
Cause, wait I haven't died on any of the DMC games, I seriously didn't know it was possible.

LLLLLink
C'mon roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dan666
No really, why didn't anyone tell me you could die?

LLLLLink
Choose a harder difficulty besides easy.

Dan666
I don't like easy and always do it on normal, also there is no easy on DMC3. Thanks for the advice, so far I've been getting A's whenever I replay a level, Hard diffuculty here I come.

LLLLLink
Yesh!

Dan666
Don't blame me I just kill things!

Dan666
How dare they give me a B!

fascistcrusader
Dante cannot be decapitated. In DMC 3 we see a blade pass through either him or Vergil(can't remember which one) completely, an attack that would have bisected anyone else, and his healing was so fast that the part of the wound were the blade entered his flesh was fully healed before the sword was halfway through his body. Trying to decapitate Dante is like trying to cut liquid in half.

Dan666
Thank you.

Shutter Control
Wow many weak arguments IMO

Originally posted by NemeBro
Been made.

Dante. Ditto.

Originally posted by Csdabest
Dante for pure fack that he is flipping immortal. I'll address this and this goes for anyone making such an argument...ALL the greater fiends in Ninja Gaiden are immortal but immortality just serves you such that you don't die of old age, or sickness, etc., so it does not mean you can't be slaughtered, or, lose a battle/go into a coma and lose/etc. Dante is winning though.

As for Ryu taking the blast when the lvl 2 Archfiend blew up, I would say he also avoided it. There's no reason to think he could take it if we just seem him after the explosion (and this was when he was pretty much on a level below where the explosion took place) and, although I can't think of any cutscenes refuting that he can take said explosion, since there's no better proof of this claimed durability anywhere then I'm to conclude his durability is not much. The best I could say that in his blue fiendish form he can stay in a hellish enviroment and withstand almost incinerating temperatures (flowers incinerating below his feet) according to:hXmi-5LosMAbut that's it really.

Facist is right if what he said about Dante's healing rate is true, however Ryu doesn't only have a sword that is katana-thin. He has a Vigoorian sword that looks 97.5% like Cloud's Buster Sword

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2004/gameguides/ninjagaiden/dabilahro.jpg

and when it's upgraded (more like chisled down) http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/605/ngdaw3.jpg

and third level: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/DarthQuack711/Ninja%20Gaiden/dabilahro.jpg

which is wider than Dante's neck. Not saying that'll be any more useful than the default Dragon Sword in this fight though.

Shutter Control
Past gay 15 editing time as usual.

I think two fiend clones of Hayabusa would just about even this out. As for Dante with DT...well...those clones better be as packed as possible as of Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma for the PS3.

Shutter Control
And finally is it me, or is 4:10 all the way up to 4:50, ****ing hilarious in that video?! laughing

Also forgot to address Nemebro's second argument. Vigoor may or may not have "split the planet". The reason for this, as it is common for many games to say something that will be later interpreted in one way which can't be sufficiently proven, is that it says in NG sacred text "Vigoor shook and split the EARTH" and Earth here can mean planet or just the substance "Earth" on the planet we live on. In fact let me find the exact quote...here:

"The ancestor of all Evil Deities, Vigoor, began to devour the territory of Gurdu, beginning at its center. During endless solar and lunar eclipses, the earth shook and split, the seas dried up only to flood into existence again, and intense winds swept over everything and fires burned down all of existence, ignoring even the concept of time itself. Eventually, Gurdu lost his strength, and the world once again plunged into the chaos from which it had come."

Quote from: http://ninjafortress.com/sigma/story.htm It's also in the loading page of Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black if you have it.

Damn book titles on that site look religious as shit lol..."The Book of Genesis" etc. stick out tongue

Most likely all this occurred due to Vigoor's "devouring" of the "territory"

"All of existence" can also be intended hyperbole on TN's part. Least someone is man enough to admit that about a company that makes games. ermm laughing

Why'd they make Hayabusa in Nintendo DS look girly?! mad

http://ninjafortress.com/ds/pics/42.jpg

The girl next to him is hot though...

And damn look at the following artwork as well...

http://ninjafortress.com/ds/pics/43.jpg

http://ninjafortress.com/ds/pics/44.jpg

menokokoro
this is actually pretty good, i think that as far as their ability dante wins, but i think that ryu "could" win i mean in the games he fights things more powerful than dante imo

Shutter Control
I'd say Mundus and Savior are pretty much Vigoor level (wow all 3 names are 6 letters...lmao) and Vigoor is the strongest in NG along with Vazdah (final NG2 boss, and wow 6 letters...again!).

Dan666
You have put the number of the beast into a post you shall forever be plagued with um... something! Aw screw it, in real life my full name is 666, 6 letters in each name.

Shutter Control
...what?

Dan666
666 is the mark of the beast.

Shutter Control
Is the some religious stuff? I think so.

Dan666
Yes! I'm not religious but I do like pie.

menokokoro
havent you ever listened to iron maiden? (singing voice) "SIX SIX SIX, the number of the beast!"

iChaos
"667, the neighbor of the beast. Get it?"

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Shutter Control

http://ninjafortress.com/ds/pics/43.jpg

what a complete rip off of infested kerrigan. =\

Dan666
MELON!

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
what a complete rip off of infested kerrigan. =\

Quite shameless, really.

menokokoro
eh if people didn't copy from each other once in a while nothing would be accomplished

Shutter Control
And besides? confused It's not like there's many other greater fiends at this point in time. They will also more than likely resemble something from another game. I think it was a good idea to make one look almost like an edit of some other person. Would make some people think "Woah, that looks a lot like such and such! eek!."

Nicchae is not even one of the main greater fiends. She's just an extra that showed up later in the NG series.

Dan666
Um, desk?

WARBOYS
only a moron would think dante can win, at the end of the day dante is just a clown and we all saw how that kid nero owned his ass dante is a clown while ryu hayabusa is a super ninja bad ass and it doesnt matter that dante cant die because when ryu will cut his arms and legs it wont help dante being immortal

iChaos
Lol, you do realize that Dante wasn't even trying, right?

danteiscool
yeah Dante wasn't trying at all during his first fight against Nero and only started putting some real effort into it at the end of their second fight.

Dan666
Dante can't have his limbs chopped off, he has instantaneous healing, the second the blade leaves his skin it's already healed.

ScreamPaste
Not entirely true.

Dante's regeneration is affected by his stamina and he can be worn out, and when he is, his regen starts sucking.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Dan666
Dante can't have his limbs chopped off, he has instantaneous healing, the second the blade leaves his skin it's already healed.

It could be true since his hand didn't fall apart when it went through Yamato in DMC3 but I do think it's possible to pull his limbs off via overpowered strength or slice him up with a very powerful weapon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.