Lex Luthor vs. Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Both are put into a room where they have to come up with the most diabolical plan to conquer the world. They are both allowed to use whatever resources they currently have. They are given 24 hours to come up with something and the winner gets to put their plan into action with the other serving as designated flunky.

Who wins?

Tony Stark
Spite... Doom is at another 5 lvls over Lex.

Doomstomp.

fangirl101
Interesting. Lex has a better record. But his plans are long reaching. He doesn't merely wanna run the world. He wants the hearts of the people as well.

Raoul
Originally posted by fangirl101
Interesting. Lex has a better record. But his plans are long reaching. He doesn't merely wanna run the world. He wants the hearts of the people as well.

yeah, he wants to be seen as a saviour. i doubt doom would want that...

fangirl101
Originally posted by Raoul
yeah, he wants to be seen as a saviour. i doubt doom would want that... He's also been president of the U.S. That's much closer to ruling the world than Doom has Ever come.

Raoul
He's also been president of the U.S. That's much closer to ruling the world than Doom has Ever come.

yup. he made the people love him, and even superman had to deal with it.

jalek moye
doom would get closer alot quicker then lex, but lex should win in the long run

then doom would just kill Lex

Lord Feron
Doom, with ease.

1. He has taken the Power of the Beyonder.
2. He has Taken the Power of Surfer.
3. He owns Latveria.
4. He is one of the most respected/feared beings of the MU even Thanos acknowledges the threat that is Doom.
5. Has created machines that are top tier tech.
6. He has knowledge of almost everything that goes on.

Doom is leagues above Lex.

spawnwest
After it's all said and done, Doom's work would fit right into whatever Lex is planning. Lex would some how use Doom's work to complete his diabolical plan. In the end Lex says to Doom, "You've been working for me this entire time."

quanchi112
Doom, easily.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by spawnwest
After it's all said and done, Doom's work would fit right into whatever Lex is planning. Lex would some how use Doom's work to complete his diabolical plan. In the end Lex says to Doom, "You've been working for me this entire time."

No.

Bouboumaster

Before Doom kills him? I doubt it.

TricksterPriest
Luthor doesn't want world domination, he wants world adoration.

Case in point: Superman: Red Son. Luthor hates Superman and goes out of his way to **** with him and the soviet union. But when he's gone? Luthor becomes the savior he always said he could be.

Granted, he didn't do this in the main DCU. But the point stands. Luthor wants an ideal like Red Son. And only if Superman died would he actually work towards that.

Should also mention that Luthor outsmarted Alex at the end of IC. And how DD Rex was the lynchpin of a deal between him and Darkseid. or how he worked with Sivana to doublecross Libra in FC. Or ressurecting himself in a cloned body and passing himself off as his own son. shock

OneDumbG0
Doom. He actually gave up his control over Earth in Emperor Doom. Lex had his Office of the US Presidency disgraced before he could lay it all at the feet of a dressed up Alexander Luthor corpse.
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
XVIII. FEATS

Here is another quick catalogue of other accomplishments. First, Doom has conquered a lot of places, a lot of times. First, he's brought America to its knees before in Fantastic Four #117:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersAmerica0117.jpg

Doom also conquered 616-Earth in the limited series, Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine #12:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersEarth00WorldsGreatest12.jpg

He conquered 616-Earth again in Champions #16:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersEarth01Champions16.jpg

And he conquered 616-Earth once more in the graphic novel, Emperor Doom. What's notable about this instance, is that he begins to create a utopia and then voluntarily gives up rule because :
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersEarth02EmperorDoom1.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersEarth03EmperorDoom1.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersEarth04EmperorDoom1.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersEarth05EmperorDoom1.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersEarth06EmperorDoom1.jpg

He also conquered Counter-Earth, the pocket-dimension Earth that Franklin Richards created during Onslaught, from Doom: Emperor Returns #2:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersCounterEarth01.jpg

Doom also conquered Limbo in Excalibur #37-38:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersLimbo01Excalibur37.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersLimbo02Excalibur38.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/DoomConquersLimbo03Excalibur38.jpg

Allankles
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Both are put into a room where they have to come up with the most diabolical plan to conquer the world. They are both allowed to use whatever resources they currently have. They are given 24 hours to come up with something and the winner gets to put their plan into action with the other serving as designated flunky.

Who wins?

Both could conceivably conquer the world, although I'd say Lex comes off as the more creative of the two, since he often doesn't rely on sheer tech but manipulation.

Naija boy
Doom

skyfather
doom stomps.

the only people superior to him are thanos and reed.

Mindset
Anyone who says Lex is a fanboy

TricksterPriest
He lost the presidency in S/B. A book notorious for screwing up characterizations. I mean, Kryptonite steroids? no expression There was literally no point to that and no reason for it.

Give me a ****ing break. Give Luthor credit where credit is due. It was a stroke of genius to trot out Alex with altered facial features made to ensure nobody would connect the dots.

Not to mention it's a different thing to be a global savior, than to be a benevolent ruler.

Tattoos N Scars
Doom is too over rated at times.

Bentley
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars

Cosigned

Mindset
Doom is too over rated at times. Not at all, he's underrated.

SupremeMan
I don't think current Luthor is nearly the scientist and technologist and all around deus ex machina that Doom is. Doom wins it.

Allankles

Yep! He spends his time chasing after items like excalibur. Say what will about tech but Luthor comes off as far more subtle and cerebral.

Mindset
I'm sure he does...Doom wins.

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm sure he does...Doom wins.

Of course he does, Luthor is not as ham fisted as Doom.

Mindset
What does you fisting hams have to do with this thread?

Anyway, Doom > Lex

Allankles
What does you fisting hams have to do with this thread?

In terms of being diabolical? Yeah.

Mindset
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/orly-1.gif

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Allankles
Yep! He spends his time chasing after items like excalibur. Say what will about tech but Luthor comes off as far more subtle and cerebral. Originally posted by OneDumbG0
XV. DOOM'S ARMOR (cont'd)

His Excalibur Armor. Yes, he managed to infuse a shard of Excalibur into his armor making him invincible in Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #2:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/DoomArmor49-ExcaliburArmor2.jpg Doom has already wielded Excalibur. He even fused a piece of Excalibur with his armor. Whatever Doom has tried to do, he's eventually accomplished. And the scope of his accomplishments and the accomplishments he's actualized far outweigh Lex's.

Bentley
Until Doom manages to permanently put down Mr. Fantastic like Red Skull permanently put down Steve Rogers I'm gonna say that ain't entirely true.

occultdestroyer
CIS is still on.

Doom jobs like the jobber he really is.

Lex wins.

janus77
Originally posted by Bentley
Until Doom manages to permanently put down Mr. Fantastic like Red Skull permanently put down Steve Rogers I'm gonna say that ain't entirely true.
Doom Rex put down the FF, iirc.

Mindset
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
CIS is still on.

Doom jobs like the jobber he really is.

Lex wins. facepalm

fangirl101
Lex's greatest enemy is the greatest hero in the cosmos. Nuff said.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Bentley
Until Doom manages to permanently put down Mr. Fantastic like Red Skull permanently put down Steve Rogers I'm gonna say that ain't entirely true. You want to compare Red Skull and Doom, fine. Doom has kicked his tuckus several times. Doom's beaten the FF more than Lex has beaten Superman. And I don't mean, won the battle only to lose the war type deals. He's completely and utterly beaten them. Doom's accomplished everything he's wanted to do: 1) Rule the world completely and utterly? Check. 2) Save his mother from Mephisto? Check. 3) Completely humble Reed Richards? Check.

Past that, Doom's got feats that'd make Lex's head spin.
Lex's greatest enemy is the greatest hero in the cosmos. Nuff said. What's Surfer got to do with this? stick out tongue

Enyalus
You want to compare Red Skull and Doom, fine. Doom has kicked his tuckus several times. Doom's beaten the FF more than Lex has beaten Superman. And I don't mean, won the battle only to lose the war type deals. He's completely and utterly beaten them. Doom's accomplished everything he's wanted to do: 1) Rule the world completely and utterly? Check. 2) Save his mother from Mephisto? Check. 3) Completely humble Reed Richards? Check.

What he said.

Doom takes this contest easily.

Raoul
What's Surfer got to do with this? stick out tongue

yes, because nothing is as heroic as condemning entire planets... awesome

Galan007
Not at all, he's underrated. Really?

If Doom has prep time in a certain thread (even if only a minuscule amount) most people give him the automatic win, without ever really giving a reason why... Other than, "he's Doom, teh prep GOD!!!" Not that I disagree, but out of all the underrated characters on KMC, I personally don't view Doom as one of them.

Anyhow, Doom ftw.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Galan007
Really?

If Doom has prep time in a certain thread (even if only a minuscule amount) most people give him the automatic win, without ever really giving a reason why... Other than, "he's Doom, teh prep GOD!!!" Not that I disagree, but out of all the underrated characters on KMC, I personally don't view Doom as one of them.

Anyhow, Doom ftw.

What kind of last supper is that in your sig?

Hyperion Prime
Doom absolutely owns Lex. Does anyone here really think that if Doom wanted to that he could not discover that Superman is really Clark Kent. Actually I beleive he already did once. Knowing that kryptonite is Supermans weakness that he would not be able to kill Clark.

Lex winning the presidency was able to happen in DC, because DC is not in the "real world" like Marvel.

You think Wilson Fisk, Norman Osburne or for that matterTony Stark could not become President if Marvel wanted him to.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Raoul
yes, because nothing is as heroic as condemning entire planets... awesome But-

... but!

Me ---> blow <--- Raoul

Raoul
But-

... but!

Me ---> blow <--- Raoul

indeed. big grin

Badabing
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Doom absolutely owns Lex. Does anyone here really think that if Doom wanted to that he could not discover that Superman is really Clark Kent. Actually I beleive he already did once. Knowing that kryptonite is Supermans weakness that he would not be able to kill Clark.

Lex winning the presidency was able to happen in DC, because DC is not in the "real world" like Marvel.

You think Wilson Fisk, Norman Osburne or for that matterTony Stark could not become President if Marvel wanted him to. facepalm

tkitna
Doom

Allankles
Doom has already wielded Excalibur. He even fused a piece of Excalibur with his armor. Whatever Doom has tried to do, he's eventually accomplished. And the scope of his accomplishments and the accomplishments he's actualized far outweigh Lex's.

You don't know much about Pre crisis Lex then. The guy was making time machines with dish washers. And creating super weapons with radios and toasters. Not to mention he created super monsters that could destroy worlds with his own Earth tech alone.

He's dealt with all soughts of tech from Kryptonian to Braniac's advanced universally diverse tech to super advanced 30th century tech. So he's no slouch in scientific terms, where Lex gets the most credit from me is his creativity.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Badabing
facepalm

beer I speak the truth even when I am not drunk laughing

Juntai

You think Wilson Fisk, Norman Osburne or for that matterTony Stark could not become President if Marvel wanted him to. lol

Enyalus
You don't know much about Pre crisis Lex then.

So. What.

Not at all relevant to the conversation.

skygunner41

You think Wilson Fisk, Norman Osburne or for that matterTony Stark could not become President if Marvel wanted him to.

Did shoes incident ever happen in marvel if your claim marvel = real world.?

Allankles
Originally posted by Enyalus
So. What.

Just pointing out what the character has done in his history. Post Crisis is more grounded but he's still constructed, applied and studied Braniac tech (which is the sum total of advanced tech from countless civilizations all arond the comos), advanced 30th century tech, Kryptonian tech even able to retfofit a self replecating Kryptonian dreadnaught with his own modifications etc

Even in the face of a tech god like Braniac, Lex is noted as the master of application.

He's like the Himon while Braniac's Metron.

OneDumbG0
You don't know much about Pre crisis Lex then. The guy was making time machines with dish washers. And creating super weapons with radios and toasters. Not to mention he created super monsters that could destroy worlds with his own Earth tech alone.

He's dealt with all soughts of tech from Kryptonian to Braniac's advanced universally diverse tech to super advanced 30th century tech. So he's no slouch in scientific terms, where Lex gets the most credit from me is his creativity.
So. What.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by skygunner41
Did shoes incident ever happen in marvel if your claim marvel = real world.?

Notice how I have quotes around real world.

Lord Feron

yeah i remember there was this one scan. He took a colidiscope and a flash light and aimed it at supes and he went into a different timeline or something. Very rediculous laughing

Enyalus
He's like the Himon while Braniac's Metron.

laughing out loud I like that. Except Lex doesn't look like a child molestor, while IMO Himon does...

skygunner41
Notice how I have quotes around real world.

Really what you definition of marvel "real world " similarity.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by skygunner41
Really what you definition of marvel "real world " similarity.

Dude I don't want to hi-jack the thread. But I do understand your question

Mindset

He's dealt with all soughts of tech from Kryptonian to Braniac's advanced universally diverse tech to super advanced 30th century tech. So he's no slouch in scientific terms, where Lex gets the most credit from me is his creativity. Who didn't have ridiculous feats in Pre crisis comics?

Enyalus
Who didn't have ridiculous feats in Pre crisis comics?

Kyle Rayner.

BUSTER1
Doom ftw-this is the bloke who, using Klaws body as lenses, stole power from Galactus in the 80's Secret Wars-then went on (using Galactus' power) to conquer pre-retcon Beyonder, becoming the supreme being in the Marvel universe

Mindset
He wasn't a GL during PreCrisis

And he was probably still stronger than Hal.

Enyalus
He wasn't a GL during PreCrisis

Yes. Thank you for spelling out my point to anyone four years and under who happens to be reading this.

Mindset
So what was the point of mentioning a character that didn't even exist?

Hyperion Prime
Kang also owns Lex Luthor!!!

Enyalus
So what was the point of mentioning a character that didn't even exist?

You asked a question to which I gave an answer to. stick out tongue

Allankles
laughing out loud I like that. Except Lex doesn't look like a child molestor, while IMO Himon does...

Himon looks like a child molester? I thought he looks more like an Old west hero.

occultdestroyer
Kang also owns Lex Luthor!!!
Kang also owns Dr. Doom

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Kang also owns Dr. Doom

An incomplete Doom in Secret Wars says different. Doom did not even have his whole mind and still killed and scared Kang enough to make him almost cry. During the Infinity something or the other Doom killed Kang again.

Kang would not even exist if it wasn't for the time machine that DR. DOOM invented!!!!!

Doom owns Kang

Mindset
An incomplete Doom in Secret Wars says different. Doom did not even have his whole mind and still killed and scared Kang enough to make him almost cry. During the Infinity something or the other Doom killed Kang again.

Kang would not even exist if it wasn't for the time machine that DR. DOOM invented!!!!!

Doom owns Kang He doesn't even know who Kang or Dr. Doom is, don't bother.

OneDumbG0

Doom owns Kang thumb up

edster247

You do realize that if lex did that, that would be the last thing he ever says, Doom would take him out without breaking a sweat

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

JakeTheBank
Doom, easily.

It's spite against Lex.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.