Defiance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Just saw this movie last night.great flick.True life world war two movie starring Daniel Craig in it.Its funny the other true life world war two flick Valkrie I thought looked great from the previews but I thought it wasnt that good.This one I waited a long time to see it cause it didnt look good from the previews but it was really exciting I thought.

Darth Martin
I thought Valkyrie was great. I'm a huge Daniel Craig fan but couldn't see this due it's R rating. Have to wait ffor dvd. Also does anyone know the release date for the Quantum of Solace dvd?

jaden101
What the **** is "definace"?

MildPossession
Have yet to see it, but apparently according to 'leaked Oscar winners list', it has won the Best Score Oscar...

Juno22
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Just saw this movie last night.great flick.True life world war two movie starring Daniel Craig in it.Its funny the other true life world war two flick Valkrie I thought looked great from the previews but I thought it wasnt that good.This one I waited a long time to see it cause it didnt look good from the previews but it was really exciting I thought.
http://cdn-images.hollywood.com/cms/300x375/5060068.jpg
I haven't seen either Defiance or Valkrie yet... but both seem interesting. I was leaning more towards seeing Defiance purely because Daniel Craig was so amazing in Quantum of Solace!

Hope I get to see it soon... it's getting great reviews from the critics too

Hollywood.com Says,
"Defiance is a powerful, gripping and quite remarkable true story of courage and fierce determination against overwhelming odds."

Here's the rest of their review: Defiance

BruceSkywalker
I have both Valkyrie and this..

This is a much better movie and very well acted

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

This is a much better movie and very well acted Bootleg?

MildPossession
Bootlegs suck.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by MildPossession
Bootlegs suck.

Not screeners wink

I liked this movie a lot. It doesn't do anything that we haven't already seen but it is well made. The acting and the dialogue feel very natural. The only complaint i have about the film is that the second act lingers on to long. It almost becomes a diary on "how i survived in the forest". The first twenty minutes is one of the best movies i've seen but then it shifts gears to neutral and it's a while before the film switches gears again. It's still interesting, none the less, and the acting and dialogue really help to carry you through the more stale moments. When you have such an explosive and compelling beginning it's always hard to keep the consistency but after an hour of character development we start into the third act and the last act definitely delivers.

MildPossession
Screeners suck. stick out tongue

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

This is a much better movie and very well acted

agreed.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Bootleg?

I type too fast sometimes..

I meant to say that I have seen both movies in the theater and that Craig's movie is far better than Cruise's

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by MildPossession
Screeners suck. stick out tongue

thumb down .... whistle ... shifty

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I thought Valkyrie was great. I'm a huge Daniel Craig fan but couldn't see this due it's R rating. Have to wait ffor dvd. Also does anyone know the release date for the Quantum of Solace dvd? yeah I cant understand why it was rated R as well.btw,how come you didnt post your thoughts on Valkie on the the Valkie thread?

MildPossession
Release dates:

Britain - 23rd March
America - 24th March

If you are somewhere else in the world, look it up.

stick out tongue

Defiance was rated R, or 15 certificate here in the UK, because of strong violence that was apparently personalised and a little too brutal to pass a lower rating. Here in the UK it would be a 12A if that happened, and from what I've seen of the film, a 15 is a correct rating. Plus there are quite a few F**ks in the film, over the amount for a lower rating.

The R Rated person who couldn't see it, you could have taken an adult with you to see it then you would have got in to see the film.

Mr Parker
oh okay.thanks for the info Mildpossession.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.