Mario and Luigi RPG 3!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo Darkhalen
Search results came up negative with a thread for this game (if it does already have a thread then i'm sorry.)

Mario and Luigi RPG 3 is the third installment to the Mario and Luigi franchise that started with Superstar saga on GBA and with a second DS entry, Partners in time.

The Plot revolves around a mysterious plague that is taking over the Mushroom Kingdom. The only symptom that this disease results in is the inflating of the Toads many times their normal size, causing them to grow big and roll around without any control; the disease is known as the "Metakoro". A council is called to discuss what might have to be done, and Mario and Luigi are both called to further discuss what could be done with this disease that is spreading. At this time, Bowser enters Peach's castle and tries to kidnap her by force. Mario then challenges Bowser to a fight to protect the kingdom and its residents. After his inevitable defeat, Bowser wakes up in a forest and a mysterious figure offers a "lucky mushroom" to Bowser, who eats it. He unknowingly gains the ability to inhale things and becomes brain-washed by Fawful, a villain from the previous installments. Fawful sends Bowser to Peach's Castle, where he swallows all the Mushroom Kingdom council members. With Peach and Bowser preoccupied, Fawful then takes control over both of their castles. When he awakes, Bowser proceeds to chase Fawful. Meanwhile, Mario & Luigi must attempt to find a way out of Bowser's stomach.

Later in the game Fawful places special masks on enemies to put them under his control and has them invade the Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser chases Fawful throughout the game. Later in the game, Fawful steals the Dark Star and plans to resurrect a dark entity from it. He then becomes Dark Fawful, a more evil version of Fawful with new clothes and red glasses, but is defeated by Bowser. He then transforms himself into a dark bug and gets inhaled by Shadow Bowser. In the final battle, Bowser makes Shadow Bowser spit out Dark Fawful, and then inhales him. In his stomach, Mario and Luigi have the final battle against Dark Fawful and the Dark Star. They ultimately succeed in destroying both, thus weakening Shadow Bowser enough for Bowser to deliver the final blows to destroy him. At the end of the game Dark Fawful tries one last ditch effort to destroy the Mario Bros by blowing himself up he ultimately fails and it is presumed he dies in the explosion.

Gameplay

Overworld

While Mario and Luigi adventure through Bowser's body, Bowser is walking around the overworld. Mario and Luigi can have influence on Bowser. They can pinch nerves to make Bowser panic. They can also touch Bowser's muscles to give him a power-up. Equally, Bowser can change the course of the Marios' adventure. For example, he can flood them by drinking from a fountain.

Overworld icons have slightly changed. They now display the health of the character. Bowser uses two buttons in the overworld, X to punch, and Y for firebreath. Mario uses A to jump, use his hammer or do a Spin Jump. Luigi uses B to jump, use the hammer or hiting Mario with his hammer, making Mario flat and little. While Bowser explores a 3-D overworld, Mario and Luigi explore a 2-D world inside Bowser's body, much like a traditional platformer.
Mario and Luigi Battle System

The battle system with Mario & Luigi is similar to the battles from previous titles. There are now six categories of attack during battle, as opposed to Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time's five, or Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga's four. These are Jump, Hammer, Attack Parts (Bros. Items), Bros. Badges and Escape. The Bros can defend with their jump and their hammers. The Jump makes Mario and/or Luigi jump to dodge an attack or to counter-attack. The Hammer is used to counter-attack. The music played while battling is the same as the music played during the debut trailer, as seen in the Japanese site.

A new element has been added to battles, a gauge at the bottom of the screen with Mario and Luigi's heads on either end. When Mario or Luigi pulls off an action command, that brother's end of the bar fills slightly. When they meet in the middle, it's possible to use a Bros. Badge move. The effect varies with the equipped badge. The normal effect is to restore 20% of both brothers' HP. Badges can be bought in one of the shops in Toad Town. Some of the badges require that the action commands be pulled off perfectly (EXCELLENT is displayed), and some only need GOOD!. An extra block that appears in the battles can be used to swap the badges that brothers use.
Bowser's Battle System

Bowser has almost the same battle system as Mario and Luigi's, but with a few differences. He has different options: Punch replaces Jump, Fire Breath replaces Hammer and Enemy Attack replaces Attacks Parts. He doesn't have Bros. Badges. Instead, Bowser will get the vacuum ability only after the player advances further through the game. He can then swallow enemies to make Mario and Luigi fight them in his belly, or sometimes he can swallow parts of enemies that can restore his HP, raise defense or attack power, or rescue a Blocat. Bowser's defenses are the Punch and the Shell. Bowser's Punch can counter-attack an enemy. His spiky Shell can hit enemies that try to jump on his head.

Enemy Attacks are special attacks that use members of Bowser' army, like Goombas, Bob-Ombs, Koopas, or Magikoopas. These use the stylus. These characters need to be liberated to unlock these attacks.

Bowser will also have his very own battle system when he fights alone against equally-sized enemies. During these battles, the player holds the DS sideways like a book, and can perform moves with the touch screen and microphone. Sweeping the touch pen across the touch screen will make Bowser execute a Mega Punch against his enemy, while breathing into the microphone will make him breath fire. These battles are turn-based battles.

Boxart, Logo, Fawful and character designs are here:
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww293/Neo-Darkhalen/Japanaseboxrpg3.jpg
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww293/Neo-Darkhalen/800px-ML3Jap.png
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww293/Neo-Darkhalen/FawfulML3.png
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww293/Neo-Darkhalen/800px-Artwork_of_most_characters.jpg

Trailer and gameplay vids

Trailer
3RYObZyeekA

Gameplay Vids 1 and 2

jpuk38qbmAM
-qztPq0Q_rA

Scythe
I'm excited about this, I've always wanted to play as Bowser in a non-racing/fighting sort of way. I'll be looking forward to this. When does this come out stateside?

Also, in the character line up, why does that Shyguy look like he's dressed as Link?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm excited about this, I've always wanted to play as Bowser in a non-racing/fighting sort of way. I'll be looking forward to this. When does this come out stateside?

Also, in the character line up, why does that Shyguy look like he's dressed as Link?

Unfortunately I can't give an actual NA release, their have been rumor's here and their for around an April release.

As for the Shyguy I don't know lol, guess he wants to swap franchises.

Neo Darkhalen
Update the title of the game in the west will be Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story.

Mandrag Ganon
I'm hoping that this will be good. The other two were, so it should be. Can't wait to give Bowser Indigestion though. evil face

lord xyz
This game looks awesome and a lot better than the first two, which were both great!

Black Yoshi
This game looks great, but I await the day that Yoshi will be a playable character in the series.

Originally posted by Scythe

It might just be a cameo appearance. There was a couple of them in the first game.

Neo Darkhalen
This is shaping up to be the best installment of M&L yet, I'd dare to go so far and say the best Mario RPG to date, I've been listening to a certain musical track from the game and I can say it's nothing short of epic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.