S03E17 - Cold Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

While being held hostage, HRG is subjected to Matt Parkman's unique brand of interrogation, revealing how he became involved with Nathan's government plot to capture those with abilities. Meanwhile, Matt's discoveries bring Peter face-to-face with "The Hunter".

"Cold Wars" Preview

5blHhf_vjK8

Discuss...

S_D_J
Sneek Peek

Darko and Nathan talk about missing Bennet

YodUcxUYfsM

Mairuzu
Must watch it once i get home

S_D_J
What's to come:

... another city blowing up... and we probably see it through one of Matt's paintings.... facepalm

Jack Coleman said this episode was the "Company Man" of this season... how things have been going so far, it's hard to believe such claim...
it is center around HRG, but I doubt it has the depth and meaning "CM" had...

hopefully I'm wrong...

Captain REX
My girlfriend thought it was boring, but I enjoyed it. Even if it lacked the depth that Company Man carried, it still was very focused and impactful on the story.

Mairuzu
This was no company man...

just because they added black and white scenes, **** no

Captain REX
That's a very superficial assessment...

BackFire
Thought last night's episode was one of the better ones of this season.

Still left something to desire, though.

Darth Vicious
Another freaking bomb! Why must they keep recycling stories?!

Captain REX
Because it's a television show?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Captain REX
Because it's a television show?

I suppose. The thing that bothers me with Heroes is that there is no need to keep recycling stories. If the writers cant think of any originals stories, why not "borrow" source material from the x-men's extensive history. The whole paintings/stopping future from happening its been over done durin all seasons. Give it a rest already.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I suppose. The thing that bothers me with Heroes is that there is no need to keep recycling stories. If the writers cant think of any originals stories, why not "borrow" source material from the x-men's extensive history. The whole paintings/stopping future from happening its been over done durin all seasons. Give it a rest already. Well they are borrowing stories from x-men, they just keep ****ing it up.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Captain REX
That's a very superficial assessment... You know.

Captain REX
To be honest, I didn't expect it to be as in depth and meaningful as The Company Man was to the series, but it still gave us the contrast between Danko and Bennet that I was looking for, and though we already knew that Bennet was in things to protect Claire, it did show us that he has some other motivations in that regard.

Quincy
Definitely not on par with Company Man, but not such a bad episode either. I'm not sure what the word is, but I think this volume and it's passed few episodes have the same type of "atmosphere" as Season 1.

And now Mohinder is captured. Plus I read he doesn't have his bug powers anymore - which is lame. Now this makes the 13th thousandth character with super strength as a power. Lame.

Captain REX
More like the third...

Quincy
Niki
Knox
Michael Fitzgerald,
Scott
Mohinder
Peter

Mairuzu
What about that one black guy that can crush things with his hands?
If that counts...

And as for peter, he doesn't count you hoe. uhuh

Quincy
Originally posted by Mairuzu
What about that one black guy that can crush things with his hands?
If that counts...

And as for peter, he doesn't count you hoe. uhuh

shrug

I just wanted to look cooler.

S_D_J
I liked this episode quite a lot, but not for what the story told, but how it was done... centric episodes are quite pleaseant, cuz they got a focus and an structure, and not all over the place like most episodes.
Now the story was weak, and it lead almost nowhere (other than "go rescue Daphne"...)

I liked the episode overall

... but the ending!... facepalm why??? was that necessary? the first time it was good... it was great... but not now, not when one of the heaviest criticism the show receives its the repetition of itself, hopefully that will get dismiss by next episode, but it hurts the show so much...

starlock
I thought the episode was not as good as it could have been......i did like its focus though...and the idea of another city exploding*...well....it does feel lame.....i dont think the show needs a world changing event twice a season..every season...the show feels like its desperate to keep its self alive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.