Superman vs Kurse with a twist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

james2099
No iron or magic weakness, just flat out fist to fist combat. The twist is that Kurse has the ability to touch someone and gain their flying ability, speed and reflexes.( but only one person and can only do it once )... He shook hands with kallark 3 minutes before the fight. ( His ability also allow him to master his new skills )

Tattoos N Scars
Supes would have to be sundipped...and he'd have to BFR Kurse to beat him.

occultdestroyer
Kurse

Juntai
Originally posted by james2099
No iron or magic weakness, just flat out fist to fist combat. The twist is that Kurse has the ability to touch someone and gain their flying ability, speed and reflexes.( but only one person and can only do it once )... He shook hands with kallark 3 minutes before the fight. ( His ability also allow him to master his new skills ) wth

skygunner41
No iron or magic weakness, just flat out fist to fist combat. The twist is that Kurse has the ability to touch someone and gain their flying ability, speed and reflexes.( but only one person and can only do it once )... He shook hands with kallark 3 minutes before the fight. ( His ability also allow him to master his new skills )

What the f**k? no expression bash

james2099
Originally posted by Juntai
wth I dont want this battle to be tainted with claims of a speed blitz so i increased Kurses speed so that we can have a fight and not a debate about who cannot hit who, or the old and tired speed blitz for the win crap.

james2099
Originally posted by skygunner41
What the f**k? no expression bash Would you perfer that i have curse shake hands with blob? That way we will never debate a fight, all you will hear then is speed blitz, speed blitz, speed blitz, Kurse would never lay a hand on supes, supes would hit him a million times in a second, then BFR him.

james2099
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Supes would have to be sundipped...and he'd have to BFR Kurse to beat him. Thanks for your response on the battle, i agree with you.

The Nuul
Lulz @ thread.

james2099
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Kurse I agree. Thanks for your response on the battle.

james2099
Originally posted by The Nuul
Lulz @ thread. Why? Is it because the one in your avatar is losing so far? Just say supes win and hope people agree with you.

Raoul
edit: i misread. my bad.

kgkg
It's hard to beat Superman in fist to fist combat

Mindset
Not if your Kurse

Mekrob
lolwut

Hyperion Prime
I dont want this battle to be tainted with claims of a speed blitz so i increased Kurses speed so that we can have a fight and not a debate about who cannot hit who, or the old and tired speed blitz for the win crap.

Speed Blitz does get kind of old!!!! It would be different if just some DC characters could do it, but they all can. It gets boring real quick....I have been saying that for years.

Mekrob
You guys should go out on a date, get some coffee, maybe go out to a movie. Go back to his place, go home satisfied, and then forget to call him back.

IMO anyway.

guy222
Kurse

skygunner41
Originally posted by Mekrob
You guys should go out on a date, get some coffee, maybe go out to a movie. Go back to his place, go home satisfied, and then forget to call him back.

IMO anyway.

Advice of the day.

Raoul
so this thread is basically superman vs gladiator with kurse's durability and no confidence weakness... right.

Mekrob
Originally posted by Raoul
so this thread is basically superman vs gladiator with kurse's durability and no confidence weakness... right. Gladiator isn't four times stronger than Thor...

james2099
so this thread is basically superman vs gladiator with kurse's durability and no confidence weakness... right. Its superman vs Kurse with Kurses speed and reflexes boosted to gladiators level to eliminate the over-used speed biltz you cannot touch him crap.

james2099

IMO anyway. Just a few more please smokin'

Eel O'Brien
Shouldn't you tie one of Superman's hands behind his back. You know, just so it's fair...

h1a8

I believe Superman is astronomically times stronger that Thor. Where Kurse is only 8 times stronger than Thor (maybe 4 times though). Thus Superman is still astronomically stronger than Kurse.

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
I believe Superman is astronomically times stronger that Thor. Where Kurse is only 8 times stronger than Thor (maybe 4 times though). Thus Superman is still astronomically stronger than Kurse. What you believe, and what is true, are not the same.

Nihilist
Death of superman 2

KuRuPT Thanosi
Kurse via stomp

Naija boy
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Kurse via stomp

james2099
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Shouldn't you tie one of Superman's hands behind his back. You know, just so it's fair... Do you want me to give Kurse blobs speed to make it fair?

Raoul
Gladiator isn't four times stronger than Thor...

oh you.

Its superman vs Kurse with Kurses speed and reflexes boosted to gladiators level to eliminate the over-used speed biltz you cannot touch him crap.

you're really desperate to see superman lose aren't you...

james2099
oh you.

you're really desperate to see superman lose aren't you... I have over 500 superman comics, he has been beaten down in a lot of them by people you have never seen or heard of.

Raoul
I have over 500 superman comics, he has been beaten down in a lot of them by people you have never seen or heard of.

yes, please, lecture ME on superman comics. please. ermm

Mekrob
yes, please, lecture ME on superman comics. please. ermm Don't tempt him... he might do it.

Raoul
Don't tempt him... he might do it.

shock

please, no, anything but that...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Shouldn't you tie one of Superman's hands behind his back. You know, just so it's fair...

Still spite, man. You've got that 'no force in the universe can stop this blow' type of thing going for Kal.

james2099
shock

please, no, anything but that... If i have that many superman comics, what does that tell you? There is a big S on my camaro.

Raoul
If i have that many superman comics, what does that tell you? There is a big S on my camaro.

it tells me you have less than half of what i have. though i don't have a camaro.

Enyalus
it tells me you have less than half of what i have. though i don't have a camaro.

Ireland...so, lemme guess: Mini Cooper?

stick out tongue

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Ireland...so, lemme guess: Mini Cooper?

stick out tongue

i don't have a car. also, minis aren't that abundant in ireland. nissan, opel, mitsubishi, ford, bmw, we have, minis, not so much.

Enyalus
i don't have a car.

Ditto. Sadly. sad

Mekrob
though i don't have a camaro. Then you're talking to a superior Superman fan.

Just give up, because he may or may not start naming things that happened in his 500 Superman comics.

erm

james2099
it tells me you have less than half of what i have. though i don't have a camaro. Do you own a brick home? Do you own 3 computers in three different rooms? Do you have a bank account? That camaro is my play thing. Lets not start the who has what thing, because i will put up pic with me in them showing what i own with your name on a cardboard poster and ask you to do the same.

Naija boy
luuulz. How did this thread transform into a who has what comparison? laughing out loud

Raoul
Ditto. Sadly. sad

i've just never needed one...

Then you're talking to a superior Superman fan.

Just give up, because he may or may not start naming things that happened in his 500 Superman comics.

erm

messed

Do you own a brick home? Do you own 3 computers in three different rooms? Do you have a bank account? That camaro is my play thing. Lets not start the who has what thing, because i will put up pic with me in them showing what i own with your name on a cardboard poster and ask you to do the same.

we're talking about Superman comics, aren't we?

or are you trying to deflect attention away from that?

Mekrob
Do you own a brick home? Do you own 3 computers in three different rooms? Do you have a bank account? That camaro is my play thing. Lets not start the who has what thing, because i will put up pic with me in them showing what i own with your name on a cardboard poster and ask you to do the same.
You sure showed him who the superior Superman fan is.

Juntai
lol

james2099
i've just never needed one...

messed

we're talking about Superman comics, aren't we?

or are you trying to deflect attention away from that? Did it work? Calm down and have fun once in a while.

Raoul
Did it work? Calm down and have fun once in a while.

hey, you brought it up. kind of hypocritical to tell people to calm down when you were the first one to declare how many comics you had...

Enyalus
Did it work? Calm down and have fun once in a while.

Raoul only has fun when we're in my room playing Barbie and Ken Super Fashion Design.

smile

james2099
You sure showed him who the superior Superman fan is. Superman is my second favorite hero.

Mekrob
Superman is my second favorite hero. Makes sense.

james2099
hey, you brought it up. kind of hypocritical to tell people to calm down when you were the first one to declare how many comics you had... You seem to think that i hate superman. I like ole supes, even gave him a win over thor, my favorite hero.

Raoul
Raoul only has fun when we're in my room playing Barbie and Ken Super Fashion Design.

smile

facepalm

You seem to think that i hate superman. I like ole supes, even gave him a win over thor, my favorite hero.

you wouldn't happen to know carver, would you?

Enyalus
you wouldn't happen to know carver, would you?

Funny. When he said Superman was his second favorite hero, I was thinking, "Raoul's sock?"

Then he said Thor. Damn.

Mekrob
you wouldn't happen to know carver, would you? Didn't he say he runs a comic book store, and he reads Superman all the time...

too?

james2099
facepalm

you wouldn't happen to know carver, would you? I have seen some of his/her posts, why?

Raoul
Funny. When he said Superman was his second favorite hero, I was thinking, "Raoul's sock?"

Then he said Thor. Damn.

uhuh

I have seen some of his/her posts, why?

curiosity mostly...

Mekrob
You really screwed that post up.

IMO anyway.

Raoul
Didn't he say he runs a comic book store, and he reads Superman all the time...

too?

mhmm

You really screwed that post up.

IMO anyway.

i blame you.

james2099
uhuh

curiosity mostly... You think that i am carver dont you laughing First you said that i was finalflash, now carver? I like you guys, but you do gang up on me at times, thats why i get on your nerves sometimes laughing

Raoul
You think that i am carver dont you laughing First you said that i was finalflash, now carver? I like you guys, but you do gang up on me at times, thats why i get on your nerves sometimes laughing

i just asked, that's all. don't read so much in to it.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
What you believe, and what is true, are not the same.

Sure it is.
I can prove it.

h1a8
Kurse with gladiator's flight and speed still loses badly.
He is still far weaker than Superman.
I know this because Thor is far weaker than Superman (on an order of at least 1 million).

Naija boy
facepalm2

Raoul
I know this because Thor is far weaker than Superman (on an order of at least 1 million).

pr1983

umm, no.

Enyalus

No...

Naija boy
Damn this has surpassed anything ive ever heard. Ive heard supes being twice as strong as thor, ten times stronger as thor but a million times stronger than thor? this takes the cake

Badabing
I know this because Thor is far weaker than Superman (on an order of at least 1 million). Originally posted by Naija boy
facepalm2 Originally posted by Raoul
pr1983

umm, no. Originally posted by Enyalus
No... Originally posted by Naija boy
Damn this has surpassed anything ive ever heard. Ive heard supes being twice as strong as thor, ten times stronger as thor but a million times stronger than thor? this takes the cake

h1a8
Originally posted by Naija boy

Think about it.

If Thor can lift 1,000-1x10^6 tons and Superman over 1x10^21 tons then at least how many times do you think Superman is stronger than Thor?

By feats Superman is more that a billion times stronger.
Unless we don't go by feats anymore to prove strength.

Mekrob
What the hell are you talking about?

Naija boy
Think about it.

If Thor can lift 1,000-1x10^6 tons and Superman over 1x10^21 tons then at least how many times do you think Superman is stronger than Thor?

Wait its no longer a million its now a BILLION? durroll1

Badabing
Wait its no longer a million its now a BILLION? durroll1 Seconded. duroll2

Raoul
Think about it.

where did you get those figures?

kgkg
from his mind

Naija boy
Originally posted by kgkg
from his mind

U shud see him talking about how sundipped supes is more powerful than thousand of galaxies and whatnot.

kgkg
U shud see him talking about how sundipped supes is more powerful than thousand of galaxies and whatnot. I don't really care how powerful he thinks Superman is but the fact that he was saying that Superman would beat Odin without CIS is kinda funny. wink

if he had good evidence I wouldn't mind, but I see random numbers laughing out loud

Mindset
Sure it is.
I can prove it. Prove it

D_Dude1210
Lol. I'm sure he's just trolling, guys. Aren't there rules against that?

Enyalus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Lol. I'm sure he's just trolling, guys. Aren't there rules against that?

Nah, he genuinely believes it. I'd just like to see where he gets the impression and/or numbers from.

iceman24567
laughing

Tattoos N Scars
lol...I believe Supes to be stronger than Thor...but not nearly by that much

D_Dude1210
Nah, he genuinely believes it. I'd just like to see where he gets the impression and/or numbers from.

I hope for humanity and the gene pool that you're wrong, tho. sad

Enyalus
I hope for humanity and the gene pool that you're wrong, tho. sad

Have faith in Darwin and Natural Selection. smile

h1a8
Prove it
The feat is where Superman helps move a planet.

Here I use:

F=ma and the underestimation of most figures. That means that the true feat was done with more power.

Now the Earth has a mass of about 5.9736E24kg. This is 6.58E21 tons against its own gravity. So lifting the Earth against its own gravity is equivalent to accelerating a 6.58E21 ton object in space at 9.8m/s^2. Now accelerating this mass even faster is equivalent to lifting a heavier object than that of the Earth (since F=ma).

But in space 9.8m/s^2 isn't noticeable, even after a few minutes. So let's assume the three accelerated the Earth at a very small 1 mi/s^2. This is equivalent to lifting a 1.08E24 ton object against Earth's gravity*.

Now let's assume that Superman was pulling with 1/3th of the combined force. This means that he was pulling alone with a force of 3.6E23 tons**.This is equivalent to lifting a combined weight of over 50 Earths against Earth's gravity***.

Now adding in the facts that Superman was pulling with more than 1/3 of the combined force of the three, him pulling the Earth with a greater acceleration than my underestimate, and him pulling against the Sun's gravity/centripetal force and this feat is beyond belief.

The most I've seen Thor lift (while struggling) was a 500-1000 ton creature. So Superman being a billion times stronger than Thor is very generous indeed.

Here's the math for the starred figures:

1ton of force =907.185kg of force =8896.44N of force and 1mile =1609.34meters

* F= m x a
= 5.9736E24Kg x (1 mi/s^2) x (1609.34m/1mi)
= 9.61355E27N
= 9.61355E27N x (1ton/8896.44N)
= 1.08E24 tons

** 1/3 of 1.08E24 tons = (1/3) x 1.08E24tons
= 3.6E23tons
*** 3.6E23tons x (1Earth/6.58E21tons) = 54.7 Earths

Mindset
Stopped reading at, "here".

Mekrob
Can't sleep, but at least I get treated to h1 comics time.

Of course, h1 already knows that Thor lifted a snake that was planet sized...

skygunner41
Can't sleep, but at least I get treated to h1 comics time.

Weight that snakes?

Mekrob
Weight that snakes? ...

wut

skygunner41

wut

that planet size snake how much that snake weighted ?

D_Dude1210
I love how he did the math before he even posted the scans...

Mekrob
that planet size snake how much that snake weighted ? Over 500-1000 tons.

Do you expect math?

I love how he did the math before he even posted the scans... He had to grab the attention of everyone. He'll swing by to post scans anytime now.

skygunner41
Over 500-1000 tons.
Do you expect math?

No just want to know that all.

DarkOdin
Weight that snakes?

I copied and pasted this from the respect thread.

Keep in mind the snake was coiled around the world and pulling agaisnt Thor which make this even greater Plus my numbers were on the low sides so if anything i underwieghted the serphant

WEll gues si did some math on Thors strength showing hope you guys like this one.

Thor weighs 640pds. at 6.6

Well we will round down to 100pds per foot.

The midgarud sepherent is long enough to touch it tail around earth.

earth is 7926miles around.

5280 feet per mile.

Thats would make it 41849280 feet long.

when thor fought the seph. it had no probelm fiting thor inside its mouth and is much wider then thor so this makes him heavy per foot then thor. but we will use thor as a base model for weight.

Which means it should way more. per foot

so it is 48149280 feet time 100 pounds.

thats 4814928000 pounds which divided by 2000 which is equal to one ton

2000pds.=1 ton

makes thor lifting 2092464 tons.

DarkOdin
And for the love of god people both my numbers and the planet pushing feat really mean nothing. In the world of comics they do things they shouldn't be able to do Thor and supes are more or less equal in the strength department you can argue for either side.

D_Dude1210
Supes would be stronger than Classic Thor by quite a bit. But definitely not twice as strong. And definitely NOT by billions.

Give Kurse flight and the speed powers of Gladiator and he'd definitely destroy Supes easily.

frommd
Originally posted by DarkOdin
earth is 7926miles around.
It was definitely an impressive feat. But, your math is off a bit. The earth is 24,000 miles around. The U.S. alone is 3,000 miles across. So, by your math, the lift is that much greater.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by frommd
It was definitely an impressive feat. But, your math is off a bit. The earth is 24,000 miles around. The U.S. alone is 3,000 miles across. So, by your math, the lift is that much greater.

LOL your right the number i had was if you went thru the middle of the planet not the around embarrasment

Enyalus
The feat is where Superman helps move a planet.

You can stop right there. And recognize the word 'help.' And that help came from Hal f*cking Jordan. Shared feats aren't valid evidence. Especially when Superman's telling Hal to give him more power the whole time.

KuRuPT Thanosi

How does this guy continue to post this nonsense and never get warned I'll never know.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You can stop right there. And recognize the word 'help.' And that help came from Hal f*cking Jordan. Shared feats aren't valid evidence. Especially when Superman's telling Hal to give him more power the whole time.

Not just that but he's also using flight to assist in the pushing feat which can't really be quantified as it was a pure lifting feat.

The funniest part was when he said... superman is a billion times stronger then thor... or was it that the mingard serpant only weighed 500-1000 tons... i can't decide

Enyalus
Not just that but he's also using flight to assist in the pushing feat which can't really be quantified as it was a pure lifting feat.

Meh. I don't play that Byrnes era stuff.

h1a8

This is probably my fifth time rebutting that feat of Thor's.
So here goes.

The Serpent's body was in ethereal form (intangible). Only the head materialized (the A section) as explained by OHOTMU. The panel even says "ethereal". Also the boat Thor was in was supplying part of the power to pull away. This is like having a tug of war contest against one opponent but you have another pulling on your side. The feat is still impressive since Thor was at least pulling the weight of the head (which was huge).

Now when I said that Thor lifted 500-1000 ton creatures with strain. I'm referring to creatures like Fin Fang Foom and others.

Raoul
How does this guy continue to post this nonsense and never get warned I'll never know.

because if we warned him, there are about a dozen people we'd have to warn also just to be fair...

Mindset
Why do you have to be fair?

h1a8

I back up my claims and believe in them.
My claims are also logically valid (as I use sound reasoning).

This is far from trolling. I honestly don't believe that Thor can lift over 100,000 tons. I feel with all my heart, and I guarantee many others do to, that if Thor was shown in comics to lift an aircraft carrier he would be shown to be struggling greatly.

Philosophía

And we believe in you. thumb up

Raoul
Why do you have to be fair?

equal opportunities, etc.

Enyalus
I wish I read more of classic Thor. Because I'm positive there must be something in his 550+ issues regarding that.

D_Dude1210
My claims are also logically valid (as I use sound reasoning).

This is far from trolling. I honestly don't believe that Thor can lift over 100,000 tons. I feel with all my heart, and I guarantee many others do to, that if Thor was shown in comics to lift an aircraft carrier he would be shown to be struggling greatly.

This is comics. People tend to lift things that their average feat-defined strength level normally couldn't. Also, Supes has been shown to have tactile telekenisis to help him lift things (but doesn't particularly help him in a fistfight). And where IS this planet lifting feat scan of yours? You take the time to post computations but do not take the time to post scans so that we may scrutinize the context in w/c the computations are made relevant. Heck, I bet it's Pre-crisis w/c this fight isn't about (it's current Supes since it doesn't say PC).

Also, f you want strength feats, Thor manages to destroy entire cities and mountain ranges from the impact force of his hammer alone when he struck it against a celestial, lifted the Midgard serpent (a snake that can easily wrap itself several times around the planet), dented Captain America's shield (shown to be completely indestructible and can disperse kinetic force applied to it), Beta Ray Bill (a copy of Thor) has been shown to destroy planets while Supes has been shown to use a plot device trick (IMP) then knock himself out just to destroy a small moon (if you want to use feats to determine strength level).

Though I will agree that Supes is definitely stronger than Thor. What he IS NOT is a billion times or even 2 or 3 times stronger than Thor.

Kurse is 4 times stronger than Thor. Given Gladiator's speed and flight and making this a H2H fight, Kurse would easily pound Supes into blue and red pudding.

skygunner41
I wish I read more of classic Thor. Because I'm positive there must be something in his 550+ issues regarding that.

Start reading then.It good to your soul.

h1a8
This is comics. People tend to lift things that their average feat-defined strength level normally couldn't. Also, Supes has been shown to have tactile telekenisis to help him lift things (but doesn't particularly help him in a fistfight). And where IS this planet lifting feat scan of yours? You take the time to post computations but do not take the time to post scans so that we may scrutinize the context in w/c the computations are made relevant. Heck, I bet it's Pre-crisis w/c this fight isn't about (it's current Supes since it doesn't say PC).

Also, f you want strength feats, Thor manages to destroy entire cities and mountain ranges from the impact force of his hammer alone when he struck it against a celestial, lifted the Midgard serpent (a snake that can easily wrap itself several times around the planet), dented Captain America's shield (shown to be completely indestructible and can disperse kinetic force applied to it), Beta Ray Bill (a copy of Thor) has been shown to destroy planets while Supes has been shown to use a plot device trick (IMP) then knock himself out just to destroy a small moon (if you want to use feats to determine strength level).

Though I will agree that Supes is definitely stronger than Thor. What he IS NOT is a billion times or even 2 or 3 times stronger than Thor.

Kurse is 4 times stronger than Thor. Given Gladiator's speed and flight and making this a H2H fight, Kurse would easily pound Supes into blue and red pudding.

http://www.picamatic.com/view/1228228_jla75p414hj/

Superman busted through the Shadow Moon. This is no ordinary moon by any stretch of the imagination. Superman has no problems with ordinary moonbusting. He once busted through one of Saturn's moon with ease when Luthor became president. He also once claimed to be able to split a moon with one punch.

Mjolnir can fly under its own power. It doesn't need to be thrown at the speed of light to fly at the speed of light. Thor can simply flick it out of his hands and it can circle something going faster and faster until it does the desired effect. So Thor hitting something with the hammer necessarily has nothing to do with his strength alone. The hammer can supply extra momentum as well as become amped with mystical energy for greater effect. Now Thor punching a dent in the shield with his fist would be amazing. The hammer is one of the biggest plot devices there is. Any feat with it isn't a true strength feat. Also moving a planet takes much more power than destroying it.

The Serpent's body was in ethereal form (intangible). Only the head materialized (the A section) as explained by OHOTMU. The panel even says "ethereal". Also the boat Thor was supplying part of the power to pull away. This is like having a tug of war contest against one opponent but you have another pulling on your side. The feat is still impressive since Thor was at least pulling the weight of the head (which was huge).

Mekrob
This is probably my fifth time rebutting that feat of Thor's.
So here goes.

The Serpent's body was in ethereal form (intangible). Only the head materialized (the A section) as explained by OHOTMU. The panel even says "ethereal". Also the boat Thor was in was supplying part of the power to pull away. This is like having a tug of war contest against one opponent but you have another pulling on your side. The feat is still impressive since Thor was at least pulling the weight of the head (which was huge).

Now when I said that Thor lifted 500-1000 ton creatures with strain. I'm referring to creatures like Fin Fang Foom and others. I'm expecting proof to back up everything you say...

Because if the snake was intangible, then he wouldn't have been able to start crushing the Earth in its grasp in the first place. no expression
Actually, when Thor was pulling the head, the body would have went through the Earth, and he wouldn't have had to break its grip.
Apparently the head was crushing the Earth in its grip.

You do realize that ethereal can, and does (in this instance) mean heavenly in this scene... don't you?

I mean, how bad can you twist something?

Fin Fang Foom was the Midgard Serpent when Thor had a brittle bone spell cast on him... good thing you read the comics amirite?

frommd
If Superman is a billion times stronger, why in the "canon" crossover were they seemingly near equals?

D_Dude1210
I don't have that issue of Supes or JLA so I won't argue about the context of the scan. It's iffy to me.

However:

Superman busted through the Shadow Moon. This is no ordinary moon by any stretch of the imagination. Superman has no problems with ordinary moonbusting. He once busted through one of Saturn's moon with ease when Luthor became president. He also once claimed to be able to split a moon with one punch.

The writer of that mentioned that the mass of the moon was about 81 billion tonnes. FYI, our own moon is many many many times more than that. BRB smashed a whole freakin planet WITHOUT using the whole "Infinite Mass Punch" plot device.

Also, when Doomsday and Supes punched each other at the end of their fight, the fight that KOd them both and nearly killed Supes only shattered glass through its impact.

If Supes was a BILLION times stronger than Thor (or BRB) the impact alone would have destroyed the planet don't you think?

Mjolnir can fly under its own power. It doesn't need to be thrown at the speed of light to fly at the speed of light. Thor can simply flick it out of his hands and it can circle something going faster and faster until it does the desired effect. So Thor hitting something with the hammer necessarily has nothing to do with his strength alone. The hammer can supply extra momentum as well as become amped with mystical energy for greater effect. Now Thor punching a dent in the shield with his fist would be amazing. The hammer is one of the biggest plot devices there is. Any feat with it isn't a true strength feat. Also moving a planet takes much more power than destroying it.

WHY I'm arguing physics in a comic world, I do not know. This is retarded, writers never abide by real world physics and arguing about it in a forum is asinine. However, I'll humor you. Ok, you seemed to have forgotten that: "In every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". When Thor struck the the Celestial in the noggin, the force of the impact resonated up and outwards. Do you know your physics? Do you know what that means? (Also, I stick by my original comment that arguing Physics in a comic book world is extremely retarded and I feel stupider just doing it).

Also, so what you're saying is that the feat of Thor smashing things through force of impact alone is unimpressive because the speed of the hammer was used to generate the force necessary to create the impact. Yet, you find Superman's moon busting punch impressive when it was stated ON PANEL that the moon punch itself used the actualy speed of his movement to generate the force necessary.

FYI, the physical law of Mass increasing as speed approaches the speed of light is NEVER (or rarely ever) applied in marvel. It's just the way it is there. Otherwise, the Runner would be exploding Solar systems with his punches.

Sooo, what you're saying is that something that is weightless and without form is supporting its head and crushing the world in it's coil? Right.

Thor's strength is close to that of Superman's. Pls stop it with the "billion times" BS. I feel stupid for humoring you through all this...

Why do I feel like I'm just being trolled...? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Naija boy

The Serpent's body was in ethereal form (intangible). Only the head materialized (the A section) as explained by OHOTMU. The panel even says "ethereal". Also the boat Thor was supplying part of the power to pull away. This is like having a tug of war contest against one opponent but you have another pulling on your side. The feat is still impressive since Thor was at least pulling the weight of the head (which was huge).

This is entirely false and shows ignorance of the comic. The serpents body was completely solid when thor lifted it. Also thor was not shown getting any visible assitance from the boat and emphasis was placed on his strength and nothing else.

Now to prove the snake wasnt intangible

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_Thorliftsmidgardserpent3.jpg

HEre we see that while the snake is wrapped around earth, Loki and his men are planning to use the its body as a bridge to crossover to earth.

In this next panel we see them actually walking across the snakes body

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_Thorliftsmidgardserpent4.jpg

As seen above its body is entirely solid and certainly not intangible if not this wouldnt be possible

Later on as well, we see Thor smashing the snakes body with his hammer. More clear proof that the snakes body was solid
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_Thorliftsmidgardserpent.jpg

From the above it is clear that the serpent was solid and was long enough to easily wrap itself around earth multiple times without coming close to exceeding its full length. Then considering that the serpent was much denser than even thor and that thor was actually pulling against not only the immense weight of the serpent but also the immense strength of the serpent as well (which would be in the trillions of tons strengthwise at the very least), It is clear that ur estimation of thor pulling 500-100 tons or whatever is completely ridiculous and off the mark.

h1a8
I'm expecting proof to back up everything you say...

Because if the snake was intangible, then he wouldn't have been able to start crushing the Earth in its grasp in the first place. no expression
Actually, when Thor was pulling the head, the body would have went through the Earth, and he wouldn't have had to break its grip.
Apparently the head was crushing the Earth in its grip.

You do realize that ethereal can, and does (in this instance) mean heavenly in this scene... don't you?

I mean, how bad can you twist something?

Fin Fang Foom was the Midgard Serpent when Thor had a brittle bone spell cast on him... good thing you read the comics amirite?

Ethereal only has one type of meaning (airy, light, spirit, intangible, etc.). The serpent was magically crushing the Earth. As written from the OHOTMU, In preparation for Loki's and Tyr's invasion of Earth, Jormungand, in ethereal form, constricted the planet with his coils, thereby magically causing widespread storm, earthquakes, floods, and landslides.

Also you forgot that the ship was supplying pulling power. This is like someone pulling with you in a tug of war contest. Great feat nonetheless.

No! I'm wasn't talking about the time Thor fought the Midgard Serpent in disguised as Fin Fang Foom. Thor once fought the true Fin Fang Foom. I seen a scan (I might have read the comic a long time ago) where Thor was lifting a huge creature after he had defeated it. I assumed it was Fin Fang Foom.

h1a8
I don't have that issue of Supes or JLA so I won't argue about the context of the scan. It's iffy to me.

However:

The writer of that mentioned that the mass of the moon was about 81 billion tonnes. FYI, our own moon is many many many times more than that. BRB smashed a whole freakin planet WITHOUT using the whole "Infinite Mass Punch" plot device.

Also, when Doomsday and Supes punched each other at the end of their fight, the fight that KOd them both and nearly killed Supes only shattered glass through its impact.

If Supes was a BILLION times stronger than Thor (or BRB) the impact alone would have destroyed the planet don't you think? Mass has nothing to do with anything. Lead has more mass than adamantium yet the latter is far more durable than the former. Superman had no trouble with ordinary moon busting in the past. Why did he in that instance?

No! I'm saying that since the hammer is enchanted it can move without Thor's own force. That means it can supply more momentum for Thor. Do you think Thor can do the same amount of damage with his fists? Hell no. Nowhere close. The hammer is a plot device. Also kinetic energy (the energy needed for smashing things) =1/2mv^2
That means that if one can build up enough velocity then they can potentially smash anything (if the striking object can take the stress and strain of course). And even with the smallest acceleration (implies small force too) any speed can be achieved if enough time is given. Thor twirled his hammer a good amount of time before he struck.
I never said anything about this. This is irrelevant to me.

Mindset
Ethereal only has one type of meaning (airy, light, spirit, intangible, etc.) And, you would be wrong. thumb up

DarkOdin
Same could be said when supes flies into a planet or moon when throwing a punch.

Naija boy
Ethereal only has one type of meaning (airy, light, spirit, intangible, etc.). The serpent was magically crushing the Earth. As written from the OHOTMU, In preparation for Loki's and Tyr's invasion of Earth, Jormungand, in ethereal form, constricted the planet with his coils, thereby magically causing widespread storm, earthquakes, floods, and landslides.

Also you forgot that the ship was supplying pulling power. This is like someone pulling with you in a tug of war contest. Great feat nonetheless.

No! I'm wasn't talking about the time Thor fought the Midgard Serpent in disguised as Fin Fang Foom. Thor once fought the true Fin Fang Foom. I seen a scan (I might have read the comic a long time ago) where Thor was lifting a huge creature after he had defeated it. I assumed it was Fin Fang Foom.
False ethereal has more than one type of meaning and further, as my scans have shown, the serpent was solid when crushing earth and certainly not intangible as u would like to believe. Also the boat was not giving thor any assitsance.

Mekrob

horrorwolf
Kurse whoops that azz

D_Dude1210
Mass has nothing to do with anything. Lead has more mass than adamantium yet the latter is far more durable than the former.

So, I'm sure you have scans that indicate that the shadow moon is made of far more durable material than a normal moon, right?

Superman had no trouble with ordinary moon busting in the past. Why did he in that instance?

Because applying normal physics and consistent physical laws to a comic is dumb? Writers tend to show inconsistent showings of power levels of their characters but are allowed to ignore even the most basic physical law OR past showings of their characters simply to tell a story. If you haven't realized this by now, then you are hopeless.

No! I'm saying that since the hammer is enchanted it can move without Thor's own force. That means it can supply more momentum for Thor. Do you think Thor can do the same amount of damage with his fists? Hell no. Nowhere close. The hammer is a plot device. Also kinetic energy (the energy needed for smashing things) =1/2mv^2
That means that if one can build up enough velocity then they can potentially smash anything (if the striking object can take the stress and strain of course). And even with the smallest acceleration (implies small force too) any speed can be achieved if enough time is given. Thor twirled his hammer a good amount of time before he struck.

See. This is what happens when you begin to apply physics to comics. Physics is pointless unless you apply ALL the laws of Physics and simply not select one or two principles and then ignore the rest. Read up a little bit on Newton's third law then come back here.

I never said anything about this. This is irrelevant to me.

It should be. Since the IMP is the same plot device used by Supes to create the "smash the moon" feat that has been so impressive to you. Basically, I was stating that since the IMP is not being used by marvel, the "planet smashing" feat was made solely on BRB's power alone.

But again, let me state the obvious fact that you seem to be ignoring:

Applying real world physics in comics is dumb.

Got the message, yet?

h1a8
And, you would be wrong. thumb up

And I would be right. You would be wrong for the statement.

Mindset
And I would be right. You would be wrong for the statement. You were proven wrong on this page.

If you actually opened up a dictionary you would see you were wrong.

Being wrong is a perpetual state of being for you, accept it.

h1a8
False ethereal has more than one type of meaning and further, as my scans have shown, the serpent was solid when crushing earth and certainly not intangible as u would like to believe. Also the boat was not giving thor any assitsance.

Prove to me that ethereal has a different meaning than something that is physically intangible, or very light like air. Then prove to me that the writer wasn't using the word as the same as the above.

Naija boy
Prove to me that ethereal has a different meaning than something that is physically intangible, or very light like air. Then prove to me that the writer wasn't using the word as the same as the above.

See above on this page the meanings of ethereal. then see above on this page scans proving that the snake was indeed entirely solid.

h1a8

h1a8
So, I'm sure you have scans that indicate that the shadow moon is made of far more durable material than a normal moon, right? I don't need to. The proof is that Superman WAS able to bust moons with ease before. This contradicts the Shadow moon having less durability than an ordinary moon.

Doesn't matter. Everyone one else uses good feats for their characters and not feats that contradict them.

I know everything about all of Newton's three laws. This is irrelevant.

The hammer itself is a plot device. I already explain that the hammer can provide more power towards a swing or throw.
No. We can't apply all physics to comics. But certainly we have to apply some. Otherwise how could one know how strong or fast someone is if it isn't explicitly stated? How do you know that Thor is stronger than Namor?
By the physics of the feats right?

h1a8
You were proven wrong on this page.

If you actually opened up a dictionary you would see you were wrong.

Being wrong is a perpetual state of being for you, accept it.

When I first read the Thor issue I didn't know what ethereal meant. I obviously looked up the word. And I wasn't proven wrong. In every definition of ethereal (root word ether) it implies either something light or something insubstantial.

h1a8
See above on this page the meanings of ethereal. then see above on this page scans proving that the snake was indeed entirely solid.
Those prove that I'm right. Read the scan again and try your best not to lie to yourself. What do you think the writer meant?
Also read OHOTMU, it explains the story in more detail. If don't have it then I can try to find or create a scan for you.

Naija boy
Those prove that I'm right. Read the scan again and try your best not to lie to yourself. What do you think the writer meant?
Also read OHOTMU, it explains the story in more detail. If don't have it then I can try to find or create a scan for you.

what? Are u freaking joking?. Scans have been shown showing people walking across the body of the snake and thor hitting the body of the snake. And yet u somehow believe it was intangible. what the hell? By ethereal its obvious the writer was referring to the heavenly and exalted nature of the midgard serpent and not its intangibility which has already been directly contradicted by ON PANEL evidence. If thor was lifting only the head of the serpent then why the hell would Hymir the giant consider it such a great strength feat which would be impossible to accomplish? I dont need to read the handbook because I HAVE THE COMIC and what is presented on panel is entirely unambiguous to anyone with eyes.

Mindset
When I first read the Thor issue I didn't know what ethereal meant. I obviously looked up the word. And I wasn't proven wrong. In every definition of ethereal (root word ether) it implies either something light or something insubstantial. No, in every definition of ethereal that you posted it implies either light or substantial, fortunately for people who are disagreeing with you, that is not the only definition of the word.

Mekrob
Of the most unused definitions:
Heavenly pertains to spirits or spiritual and spirits are immaterial. The upper regions of space are the regions most lightest. Every definition you listed has something to do with light or immaterial.
You forgot the most used definitions though. It means insubstantial, immaterial, intangible, etc. The word was derived from ether (or aether) which means very light or insubstantial.

My dictionary, the American Heritage (one of the most respected ones), says Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; intangible.

I already explained and quoted from OHOTMU that the Serpent magically was crushing the Earth (not physically).

It is clear that the boat is pulling back as Thor was pulling the serpent. Otherwise how could Thor pull a Serpent the size of the Earth completely off the Earth with just the length of his arms? lol
What a twist
So, they weren't talking about him as an heavenly form, as an astounding celestial being, but rather, they were talking about a snake the size of a planet, as being light, and airy?
Wait... how does heavenly mean spirits, as opposed to a higher being?

No, I just posted 5 random ones that took two seconds on the Googinator to find... that went directly against you only saying it meant one.
Right, I should probably just listen to you instead of a site dedicated to teaching definitions (as well as me already knowing what it meant...).

You took out a dictionary to help you? laughing out loud

And yet in the same thing book that you only call by the title every handbook out of the hundreds has, that only you have source to, says that his grip was causing everything to occur.
"constricted the planet with his coils"
You posted it. And you can't constrict a planet when you're intangible...

It isn't obvious...
And he had a fishing line... did you read the scans?

h1a8
This is entirely false and shows ignorance of the comic. The serpents body was completely solid when thor lifted it. Also thor was not shown getting any visible assitance from the boat and emphasis was placed on his strength and nothing else.

Now to prove the snake wasnt intangible

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_Thorliftsmidgardserpent3.jpg

HEre we see that while the snake is wrapped around earth, Loki and his men are planning to use the its body as a bridge to crossover to earth.

In this next panel we see them actually walking across the snakes body

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_Thorliftsmidgardserpent4.jpg

As seen above its body is entirely solid and certainly not intangible if not this wouldnt be possible

Later on as well, we see Thor smashing the snakes body with his hammer. More clear proof that the snakes body was solid
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_Thorliftsmidgardserpent.jpg

From the above it is clear that the serpent was solid and was long enough to easily wrap itself around earth multiple times without coming close to exceeding its full length. Then considering that the serpent was much denser than even thor and that thor was actually pulling against not only the immense weight of the serpent but also the immense strength of the serpent as well (which would be in the trillions of tons strengthwise at the very least), It is clear that ur estimation of thor pulling 500-100 tons or whatever is completely ridiculous and off the mark.
The OHOTMU says that only the A section had materialized when Thor was battling it. I take A section to mean either the head or the front portion. Now the Serpent can become material to immaterial anytime it wants. Most times it is in its immaterial form. As for the bridge crossing, either they magically crossed the serpent (the Serpent body acted as an immaterial and magical force-like magneto's force field) or the serpent's back end materialized. Either way, the Serpent was still in ethereal form when it was crushing the Earth (Magically).

Why didn't you show the scan where it says that the Serpent is in ethereal form?

The 500-1000 tons came from another comic where Thor defeated a large creature (I think Fin Fang Foom) and he lifted it up with good effort. Now a blue whale is about 100 tons. Judging by the size of this thing I maximize the weight to be 500-1000 tons.

Lastly, you are forgetting that the boat was supplying some pulling power. This alone can rule the entire feat invalid.

Mekrob
The OHOTMU says that only the A section had materialized when Thor was battling it. I take A section to mean either the head or the front portion. Now the Serpent can become material to immaterial anytime it wants. Most times it is in its immaterial form. As for the bridge crossing, either they magically crossed the serpent (the Serpent body acted as an immaterial and magical force-like magneto's force field) or the serpent's back end materialized. Either way, the Serpent was still in ethereal form when it was crushing the Earth (Magically).

Why didn't you show the scan where it says that the Serpent is in ethereal form?

The 500-1000 tons came from another comic where Thor defeated a large creature (I think Fin Fang Foom) and he lifted it up with good effort. Now a blue whale is about 100 tons. Judging by the size of this thing I maximize the weight to be 500-1000 tons.

Lastly, you are forgetting that the boat was supplying some pulling power. This alone can rule the entire feat invalid. i laffed

Naija boy

Lastly, you are forgetting that the boat was supplying some pulling power. This alone can rule the entire feat invalid.

Please post this reference u are talking about where it talks about only the head materializing as no such thing was ever mentioned in the comic. As has been shown ethereal has multiple meanings and the meaning u are so obstinately trying to use does not apply in this context.

There was no reason for me to show the scan where it says that the serpent was in ethereal form as its existence was never being debated. All that is being debated is ur assumption of the meaning of ethereal in that context.

Ur estimation of the 500-1000 tons frankly is completely asinine. when thor lifted up Fing fang foom, it was actually the midgard serpent disguised as fing fang foom and so even then it was way more than 500-1000 tons. Moreover that instance is irrelevant anyways as the nature of the feats are not the same.

Again, where are u getting this erroneous belief that hte boat was suppling some pulling power? No such thing was EVER suggested or shown so how did u surmise that? Hamir the giant even places emphasis on thors strength when referring to the feat. The boat provided no assitance at all.

Raoul
Someone want to tell me how the midgard serpent fight relates to this fight?

h1a8
lol
What a twist
So, they weren't talking about him as an heavenly form, as an astounding celestial being, but rather, they were talking about a snake the size of a planet, as being light, and airy?
Wait... how does heavenly mean spirits, as opposed to a higher being? This what my dictionary says. If the Serpent was completely solid then why would it make sense to for both the comic and Handbook to say that it is in ethereal form as if the Serpent had a choice not to be. Heavenly implies of the celestial spheres (an imaginary sphere that extents from Earth to the stars). Thus it is nonsense to say that the Serpent is in celestial spheres form (ethereal form) which also means imaginary.
I know this because my dictionary's third definition of ethereal says, of the celestial spheres; heavenly. Look up celestial spheres.

Magneto can crush something with his magnetic force powers. A jedi can crush a ship with the force. Dr. Strange can crush something through magically forces. It is very understandable that something can magically crush the Earth without even being material.

Naija boy
Someone want to tell me how the midgard serpent fight relates to this fight?

Our friend h1 believes that Superman is at least ONE BILLION times (yes one billion) stronger than thor. Hence with Kurse being at best 8 times stronger than thor he believes that superman is also billions of times stronger than Kurse as well. This stems from his belief that thors best feat (lifting the midgard serpent) only places him at the 500-1000 tons strength range.

h1a8
Please post this reference u are talking about where it talks about only the head materializing as no such thing was ever mentioned in the comic. As has been shown ethereal has multiple meanings and the meaning u are so obstinately trying to use does not apply in this context. Every meaning implies something light or insubstantial. Read my post above. I'll try to get that for you though.
Because by posting the scan will prove to everyone that it makes no sense for the serpent to not be in intangible form. We can clearly see how they used the context of the word.
I believe this is wrong. Thor fought Fin Fang Foom and defeated him.
This wasn't the time where it was disguised as the Midgard Serpent.
Thor has faced Fin Fang Foom twice (once as the Midgard Serpent).
If the boat provided no assistance then how can someone with 3-4 feet arms completely pull a Serpent as long as the circumference of the Earth off the planet? Try pulling a string wrapped around a basketball off by only pulling a millimeter.

h1a8
Our friend h1 believes that Superman is at least ONE BILLION times (yes one billion) stronger than thor. Hence with Kurse being at best 8 times stronger than thor he believes that superman is also billions of times stronger than Kurse as well. This stems from his belief that thors best feat (lifting the midgard serpent) only places him at the 500-1000 tons strength range.

The midgard serpent feat is unquantifiable because of both the ethereal body and the boat. The feat I'm referring to is when Thor lifted a large creature. This may or may not have been Fin Fang Foom but another creature.

Naija boy
This what my dictionary says. If the Serpent was completely solid then why would it make sense to for both the comic and Handbook to say that it is in ethereal form as if the Serpent had a choice not to be. Heavenly implies of the celestial spheres (an imaginary sphere that extents from Earth to the stars). Thus it is nonsense to say that the Serpent is in celestial spheres form (ethereal form) which also means imaginary.
I know this because my dictionary's third definition of ethereal says, of the celestial spheres; heavenly. Look up celestial spheres.

BEcause by ethereal the comic was not referring to the serpents intangibility but rather was referring to the serpents heavenly and exalted nature. Further, Planets and stars are also referred to as "celestial bodies" and they certainly are not immaterial or imaginary. Are going to seriously try and argue that the only meaning of heavenly is imaginary or immaterial? Heck even without looking at a dictionary u should know that is false.

The situations u described are in no way analogous to this one. The comic talked about thor forcefully breaking the serpents grip of earth. and hence overpowering its entire body. Further as my scans have shown the serpent body was shown as being physical and solid in multiple instances and never was it ever shown as being intangible in that situation.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The midgard serpent feat is unquantifiable because of both the ethereal body and the boat. The feat I'm referring to is when Thor lifted a large creature. This may or may not have been Fin Fang Foom but another creature.

You admitted that even if your theory is correct and it can materialize when it chooses to thus explaining them walking over it's body. Then why not admit he obviously lifting more then just a head and it could've been his whole body or part of his body as you say since he can materialize at it's choosing. Furthermore, even if your theory is correct (which i don't believe because clearly part of his body is there) then the force a creature of that size could generate against and griping would be astronomical. Whether Thor lifted the weight of it or not it would still have the same pulling griping power of snake that since plus it's magical abilities. That my friend clearly alone far and away makes it WAY more then 1000 tons

Raoul
Guys, drop it. talk about kurse's strength feats, not thor's.

Mekrob
This what my dictionary says. If the Serpent was completely solid then why would it make sense to for both the comic and Handbook to say that it is in ethereal form as if the Serpent had a choice not to be. Heavenly implies of the celestial spheres (an imaginary sphere that extents from Earth to the stars). Thus it is nonsense to say that the Serpent is in celestial spheres form (ethereal form) which also means imaginary.
I know this because my dictionary's third definition of ethereal says, of the celestial spheres; heavenly. Look up celestial spheres. Because the comic never said that, and God only knows what handbook word language you're twisting. In fact, the comic said:
"... As the serpent of Midgard crushes the globe in its ethereal coil..."
Yes, because the serpent was crushing the Earth in its intangible coil... because intangible things do that.

No, it implies that it's from Heaven, or could be from Heaven... which basically means astounding, magnificent, or fantastically awesome in almost any form that we use it in.

Magneto can crush something with his magnetic force powers. A jedi can crush a ship with the force. Dr. Strange can crush something through magically forces. It is very understandable that something can magically crush the Earth without even being material. ...
So, his intangible coil was creating such a grip that it wasn't actually his grip, but it was his magical powers? And his magic powers disappeared when Thor broke his grip because?

Why didn't he pass through the Earth?

How was he resting there?

Couldn't he have started to crush Earth by being any distance away?

How could Thor shatter the grip of the him when he was actually intangible?

Why are you using a most likely made up handbook to refute what happened in the comics?

And last but not least... are you serious?

h1a8
Guys, drop it. talk about kurse's strength feats, not thor's.

I have no problem with it.
It may be relevant since Kurse's strength is directly related to Thor's. Knowing Thor's strength proves Kurse's strength which prove whether him or Superman would win.

Raoul
It may be relevant since Kurse's strength is directly related to Thor's. Knowing Thor's strength proves Kurse's strength which prove whether him or Superman would win.

then use different feats. he has more than the midgard serpent.

Mekrob
It may be relevant since Kurse's strength is directly related to Thor's. Knowing Thor's strength proves Kurse's strength which prove whether him or Superman would win. Right, but everyone is in agreement that Kurse is at least 3x stronger than Superman.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>