Most Annoying Level

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
For me, Carnival Night Act 2 from Sonic 3 (Sega Genesis).

I remember how I literally spent weeks trying to solve the 'barrel trick' that halts your progression of the game.

ThunderGodEneru
Level 2 of Alien Hominid.

Because I never got farther than that. no expression

Darkstorm Zero
Hmm, the last stage of Evil Dead, Fist full of Boom Stick.

Never spent an hour trying to find my way around one level before then...

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Hmm, the last stage of Evil Dead, Fist full of Boom Stick.

Never spent an hour trying to find my way around one level before then... Then you sir have never played Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. stick out tongue

Nemesis X
One level that annoyed me was the Chicago level in Resistance 2. I hid behind a counter while those annoying robots and an Auger were firing at me.

Kento
Fighting Vergil on DMC3 like the 3rd time. After just beating the chicks father with Vergil helping.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Then you sir have never played Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. stick out tongue

Actually, yes I have, And beat it in less than 12 hrs

BackFire
Cortana from Halo 3.

Awful level.

jaden101
I always hated the last level of "Driver" on the Playstation. It was just unbalanced in terms of difficulty compared with the rest of the game. The FBI agent's cars just smashed you to pieces

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by BackFire
Cortana from Halo 3.

Awful level.
Agreed. Even on co-op, it was just... ugh.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Agreed. Even on co-op, it was just... ugh.

Indeed, it was those damn plant like Flood that just made it unbearable, oh and those needless Gravemind moments.

jaden101
The nightmare sequences from Max Payne on the playstation....the paths of blood and the baby screaming.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Actually, yes I have, And beat it in less than 12 hrs Well considering the game has like 5 levels...Yeah, I win. 131

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Indeed, it was those damn plant like Flood that just made it unbearable, oh and those needless Gravemind moments.

The oens that shot what look like seeds at you?

And yeah the Gravemind moments were irritating. I played co-op on that level with my dad, who has a short temper, and everytime that happened he'd be like "WHAT THE **** MAN?!".

Joker1237
Contra games in general.

Get past the first 2 levels or so, and the rest is just hell to get though.

Theres more fireballs than there is to duck. And with out the 30 lives cheat in the first game, its nearly impossible to beat.

Ghost and Goblins comes in 2nd, ALL levels, with the 2 hits and your dead. And its just like Contra.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BackFire
Cortana from Halo 3.

Awful level.

That level and the vehicle lvl in the first Gears of War in Insane difficulty are the some of the baddest levels I have played in the last 5 years.

Alan Kyder
The level wit Alma on it in the 1st NG for the XBox...

ThunderGodEneru
Alma was overrated as a boss.

She was easy as hell.

Impediment
Stage 6 on Ninja Gaiden (NES).

Hands down the hardest level of any game I have every played. And to add insult to injury, if you continue after losing all of your lives, you have to start all over at the beginning of stage 6, no matter how far you progressed even if you have already beaten the Masked Devil and Jaquio.

Alan Kyder
Alma was overrated as a boss.

She was easy as hell. Not to human beings...

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Alan Kyder
Not to human beings... What are you implying sir?

Alan Kyder
That maybe your a Greater Fiend.

MadMel
Ua6pbz3ROvQ stick out tongue

but seriously, the last few levels of zombies ate my neighbors really did it for me mad

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Impediment
Stage 6 on Ninja Gaiden (NES).

Hands down the hardest level of any game I have every played. And to add insult to injury, if you continue after losing all of your lives, you have to start all over at the beginning of stage 6, no matter how far you progressed even if you have already beaten the Masked Devil and Jaquio.

Oh god I remember that, such a damn pain.

TricksterPriest
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts, SNES. Try beating it. No, seriously, try it. Capcom really hates gamers in that series.

Most of the bosses in KOF. Starting with Rugal Bernstein. There's a reason he's the poster guy for SNK Boss Syndrome.

Dante Must Die mode is normally brutal, but try fighting your way to the bosses on stages like the chessboard room. A true test of skills....................., or sadomasochism. haermm

Nemesis X
I was annoyed in that one level of RE4 where that midget guy sent his righthand man after me.

k1Lla441
Then you sir have never played Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. stick out tongue
That is single handedly the most annoying level game ever. on just about every level i got lost, and some i would have got lost on for hours, and cheat coedes didnt help.

@ madmel that was one of the funniest vids i ever watched. "wHaT?!?!?"

occultdestroyer
sQZuidKexBQ

Have you guys tried playing this game?
The game's titled "Mushihimesama", and it's impossible to beat if you're just an 'average' gamer, pun intended.
I lost all the lives at the first instance the boss starts whirling those purple fireballs.

Man, the dude playing in the vid must be GOD.

Barker
There was a level in Super Mario Galaxy where you're in space, and there are all these moving platforms and the controls are flipped and you have to time it right, and you have 3-D movement so you might fall off at either the back or front too, and blah blah blah.

It was tough. haermm

Edit: I think it was in the Dreadnought Galaxy.

jinXed by JaNx
Star Wars; Force Unleashed- Star destroyer level

Gryphon Rides in WoW...,yes they count as levels.

Mindsweep

Superman Returns--Pick one, nearly every level was annoying

That stage on Gta; Vice City where you had to fly little toy helicopters with bombs into a construction site and blow people up.

N+ ---take your pick

any and all levels that have the background and foreground blending into one another, thus camouflaging the DOOR. All of those levels sucked, Don't have to worry about that today, with the HUD systems but back in the day...,DAMN, that shit was annoying. Going back forth and area searching for the one tip that might send you along. Oh oh oh, wait, no it's here, this door that doesn't look anything like a door.

Neo Darkhalen
How about any level from Superman 64...

Ryo 666
What level was the Halo one you guys were on about? I have only got up to 8.

Zack Fair
Its semi-final chapter.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ryo 666
What level was the Halo one you guys were on about? I have only got up to 8.

The level is called Cortana and it's a major pain.

Ryo 666
I don't remember names thats why I wanted to know what number.

Allankles
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
sQZuidKexBQ

Have you guys tried playing this game?
The game's titled "Mushihimesama", and it's impossible to beat if you're just an 'average' gamer, pun intended.
I lost all the lives at the first instance the boss starts whirling those purple fireballs.

Man, the dude playing in the vid must be GOD.

That looks absolutely infuriating.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.