Sentry vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
WW has standard equipment.

2damnloud
Sentry

Flies her to the sun at multiples of FTL speeds.

The Great Galen
Sentry ftw, although she is a tough opponent she falls quite easily under him.

SevenShackles
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=453824

done

2damnloud
laughing out loud@ her getting sling-shotted to the damn SUN.

laughing out loud

Priest
Sentry throws her into the sun.

What If...
2damnbitteragainstwonderwomanbecauseshepwnsstorm no

2damnloud
Originally posted by What If...
2damnbitteragainstwonderwomanbecauseshepwnsstorm no

What Ifyoufinallygetoffmydick?Ohwhatahappydaythat'llbe!clap

Magee
Sentry can move at light speed?

Superboy Prime
Please...Sentry wouldn't get the chance to take her to sun. She will punch him back to Venus before that happened.

Originally posted by The Great Galen
Sentry ftw, although she is a tough opponent she falls quite easily under him.

She can hang with Supes and Captain Marvel.

I'm sorry but IF he gets to beat her he WILL have to work REALLY ****ING HARD for the win. Notice the big emphasis on IF.

quanchi112
sentry wins 9 out of ten. ww wins if she gets lucky.

if.....

Superboy Prime
duriroll

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by 2damnloud
What Ifyoufinallygetoffmydick?Ohwhatahappydaythat'llbe!clap

What If has sex with 2damnloud?

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
What If has sex with 2damnloud? I figure it either means that, or that insults cause 2damnloud's crotch pain.

Anyways, Wonder Woman wins. Sentry COULD have the edge in raw power, but Wonder Woman would be going all out, with no inhibitions, and has the huge edge in skill, expierience, and tactics.

She wins.

Not to mention, lasso ftw.

guy222
Originally posted by psy_blade
WW has standard equipment.

diana

2damnloud
No.

It means stop "sweating me", hounding me, harrasing me, mentioning me in your post.

Get off my d _____k

For further explanation. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=get+off+my+dick

This concludes this lesson in slaguistics, children.smile

Now, where were we??

Oh yea, Sentry murders her. He can fly to the sun in seconds. All he has to do is carry her with him.

Superboy Prime
because she will be singing la macarena while he takes her to the sun.

Not happening, fella.

While he tries this she punches him back to earth and then follows.

Not to mention she had a similar fight with Superman.

2damnloud
It'll happen so fast, how would she react to it???

I've only seen her react to bullets.

Sentry would be going multiples FTL.

It'd be like her eylids wouldn't even make a full revolution to complete a blink and she'd be in the damn sun........stewingno expression

lando005
this guy shows up and pwds both

tomcat

jk i just saw this smilie and had ta us him ok i'm done

Endless Mike
Originally posted by 2damnloud
It'll happen so fast, how would she react to it???

I've only seen her react to bullets.

Sentry would be going multiples FTL.

It'd be like her eylids wouldn't even make a full revolution to complete a blink and she'd be in the damn sun........stewingno expression

She followed Jesse Quick into the speedforce and escaped from a black hole

What If...
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
What If has sex with 2damnloud?

He wishes.

Soljer
Originally posted by What If...
He wishes.

That being a third person self-referral, or do you mean 2damn?

I was always under the impression that 2damn was a selfish, annoying, conceited, (female) *****. Is 2damn actually male?

Whoops?

The Illuminati
This fight is with standard gear and is bloodlust.

And the winner is?

Likwid
Sentry handily.

iceman24567
Wonder Woman takes it not only because she actually fights smart but she also has telepathy resistance no expression.

Soljer
Diana, no contest.

CaptainStoic
Sentry.

tkitna
Sentry

quanchi112
Sentry destroys her.

Terryc250
Sentry.. the guy curbstomped terrax and stalemated genis vell..

Bouboumaster
Sentry

Priest
Sentry ftw.

Mindset
Sentry for the majority, imo

guy222
sentry

ultimatethor
Sentry wins this undoubtedly. He can simply create hundreds sharp solid light constructs and impale her with them. He has also shown that he can use his enrgy to hold down the strongest of opponents( World War hulk) so holding her in position while impaling her will not be a problem.

The Illuminati
I'm surprised at how many say this is a SENTRY stomp. WW is a much better fighter and is supposedly just below Superman in strength and speed.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by The Illuminati
I'm surprised at how many say this is a SENTRY stomp. WW is a much better fighter and is supposedly just below Superman in strength and speed. Wonder Woman is definitely underrated. Her fighting ability, cunning, lasso and Godwave helps to even up Sentry's massive power output advantage.

ultimatethor
Speed wont really matter as neither wondy or sentry have substantial battle speed feats. Strength wise sentry stood up to WWH who is considerably stronger than wonderwoman but i still think she is stronger. It wont matter though cuz sentry has the telepathy and enrgy manipulation required to put hr down.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by ultimatethor
so holding her in position while impaling her will not be a problem.

HAHAHA laughing no im not laughing because he could not do it because im sure he can its just the context HAHAH! kinda sounds like a super nice way of raping her. Anyway im still undecided on this. laughing

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Lord Feron
HAHAHA laughing no im not laughing because he could not do it because im sure he can its just the context HAHAH! kinda sounds like a super nice way of raping her. Anyway im still undecided on this. laughing embarrasment I neva really thought of it that way

xmarksthespot
Fire bad. Tree pretty. Rape funny.

I love how the forum's frequented by such luminaries of intelligentsia.

WW.

Troop
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults& amp;q=title%3A%28the+sentry+vs+wonder+woman%29+for
umid%3A77&showposts=0

Been done?

xmarksthespot
Your search query contains invalid characters. Please remove them and try again.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Your search query contains invalid characters. Please remove them and try again.

stick out tongue

Troop
Strange works for me lol, but just search the sentry vs wonder woman and u get plenty

jasofisc
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Wonder Woman is definitely underrated. Her fighting ability, cunning, lasso and Godwave helps to even up Sentry's massive power output advantage.

does she still have god wave I think what adds to her being underrated is that she is always standing beside batman and superman. so people tend to see it as batman low wonder woman medium, and superman high, so yeah that's all I got

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by jasofisc
does she still have god wave I think what adds to her being underrated is that she is always standing beside batman and superman. so people tend to see it as batman low wonder woman medium, and superman high, so yeah that's all I got It's not so much that she still has it, it's that she could call upon it when she wants. Godwave is just asking the gods of the Greek Pantheon to pour their power into her. So unless there is no Greek pantheon, she can always ask. Whether they give it or not is their choice though. It's not her right. Only thing is, she can't contain that power in her body for very long otherwise it's been implied she would die. And Wonder Woman consistently gives Superman a good fight. I think she deserves higher than a medium rating.

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

I believe that happens when you have an extra space after your search.

For example:

"Sentry Wonder Woman" is fine.

"Sentry Wonder Woman " is not.

Weird.

Troop
Originally posted by Soljer
I believe that happens when you have an extra space after your search.

For example:

"Sentry Wonder Woman" is fine.

"Sentry Wonder Woman " is not.

Weird. I had no space, maybe linking just don't work.

Soljer
Originally posted by Troop
I had no space, maybe linking just don't work.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults& amp;q=title%3A%28sentry+wonder+woman%29+forumid%3A
77&showposts=0

Seems to work for me.

Troop
Weird.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults& amp;q=title%3A%28the+sentry+vs+wonder+woman%29+for
umid%3A77&showposts=0

??

OK Why is it just me??

Lord Feron
It's not so much that she still has it, it's that she could call upon it when she wants. Godwave is just asking the gods of the Greek Pantheon to pour their power into her. So unless there is no Greek pantheon, she can always ask. Whether they give it or not is their choice though. It's not her right. Only thing is, she can't contain that power in her body for very long otherwise it's been implied she would die. And Wonder Woman consistently gives Superman a good fight. I think she deserves higher than a medium rating.

wait no outside help or is this some kind of loop hole disgust

King Kandy
Sentry destroys her 10/10.

Troop
Originally posted by King Kandy
Sentry destroys her 10/10. Based on what? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Faceman
That cool sig.. Sentry wins.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Lord Feron
wait no outside help or is this some kind of loop hole disgust ...

I hadn't though of that.

Err... oops? Yeah... Godwave is pretty much outside interference. It'd be akin to Hal Jordan asking the Guardians to pour some power into him. I phail... sad

King Kandy
Based on what? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Sentry's multitude of feats.

redhotrash
Sentry's feats huh? Like ripping a Spider-man villain in half? Breaking the axe of a herald who hasnt been relevant in 10 years? Needing help to lift a helicarrier? Being unable to restrain Ultron? Or getting his ass kicked by a glorified green brawler?

Now before anyone starts discounting these, lets go over the ones that raise the most protest.
Terrax basically jobbed. They took someone who hasnt been seen much lately and threw him under the bus to try and get the focus character established.
Everyone tries to say the helicarrier thing had to do with Sentry not wanting it to crumble by holding it himself. Thats b.s. and has never been a issue in comics. Absorbing Man can hold a jumbo jet over his head by the tail, Hulk can lift tanks by their canons, but sentry cant hold a carrier? You cant use physics as a excuse when its convienant.
As for the Ultron thing, seriously would Silver Surfer need to take a beating to restrain someone? Would Thor? No. Sentry got stomped by a better fighter who he couldnt handle without going all out.
So yeah, lets also not forget his single biggest feat being a off panel fight with Galactus that pretty much no one holds as credible.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by redhotrash
Everyone tries to say the helicarrier thing had to do with Sentry not wanting it to crumble by holding it himself. Thats b.s. and has never been a issue in comics. Absorbing Man can hold a jumbo jet over his head by the tail, Hulk can lift tanks by their canons, but sentry cant hold a carrier? You cant use physics as a excuse when its convienant.
As for the Ultron thing, seriously would Silver Surfer need to take a beating to restrain someone? Would Thor? No. Sentry got stomped by a better fighter who he couldnt handle without going all out.
So yeah, lets also not forget his single biggest feat being a off panel fight with Galactus that pretty much no one holds as credible. Marvel comics don't use tactile kinesis to justify supporting things that wouldn't support their own weight. Check these scans out. Gladiator has strength to break planets apart and arguably even used to have tactile kinesis:

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2315/gladiatorvsfantasticfour064ik.jpg

Well check out a much more current Gladiator trying to stop a plane from crashing and you let me know what you think. Let me spell it out for you in his own words, "If I push any harder, the stress will rip the plane to shreds!" Marvel doesn't utilize tactile kinesis, at least, not anymore:

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9087/vsglads2e1ec0vy.jpg
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2328/vsglads2f1mk7wd.jpg

And Sentry never took a beating from Ultron. He was supposed to contain and distract her while the rest of the Mighty Avengers found a way to save Tony. Sentry isn't even bruised or bleeding while doing all this across several issues. And I don't think anybody seriously contends that he stalemated Galactus.

tkitna
I still think the punking he gave Doom was pretty impressive. I've never seen a top tier handle him that easily before.

Also, bringing people back to life has to account for something doesnt it.

We still dont know everything about the guy.

guy222
Good showing for Bob

Grinning Goku
I don't know what to make of this. WW has held her own against Superman on a couple of occasion. I know Supes has magic vulnerability (perhaps a better term would be magical susceptibility) but Superman>Sentry based on what I've seen, particularly during World War Hulk issue 5. I'll say WW 4-5/10 for right now. She has far better feats.

redhotrash
Its funny you used Gladiator as a example, since hes one of the few (only?) Marvel characters to have a explanation for his lifting feats. A ways back he picked up the Baxter building, like uprooted it. Reed suggested he was using tech to amp his strength and keep the building from crumbling. But thats pretty much the only example I can come up with.
As for the Ultron thing, wouldnt Superman just restrain Ultron, tie her up with some cables, or otherwise render her immobile? Getting the crap beat out of you for several pages isnt the ideal way to contain/distract someone.

OneDumbG0
Its funny you used Gladiator as a example, since hes one of the few (only?) Marvel characters to have a explanation for his lifting feats. A ways back he picked up the Baxter building, like uprooted it. Reed suggested he was using tech to amp his strength and keep the building from crumbling. But thats pretty much the only example I can come up with.
As for the Ultron thing, wouldnt Superman just restrain Ultron, tie her up with some cables, or otherwise render her immobile? Getting the crap beat out of you for several pages isnt the ideal way to contain/distract someone. Umm. I actually posted the scan of Gladiator holding up the Baxter Building. I wanted to contrast the only known (as far as I have seen) feat of tactile kinesis in the Marvel Universe and then show how it's been retconned with a relatively recent scan by the very same character to puts any theory of Marvel tactile kinesis to rest. I thought it'd be appropriate to use Gladiator since he was the only one who ever seemed to ever display it.

And I don't remember Sentry getting the crap kicked out of him. He got punched. A lot. And attacked by Iron Man suits. Sentry kept on trucking. Besides, Sentry isn't all that experienced and that version of Ultron was by no means a slouch either. I don't think wrapping her up in cables would have restrained her. She exhibited all sorts of zany powers, super-strength, super-healing, flight, durability, energy projection, superior AI...

tkitna
As for the Ultron thing, wouldnt Superman just restrain Ultron, tie her up with some cables, or otherwise render her immobile?

Are you being serious? Cables restraining her? Did you read that storyline? She was a beast. Like any version of Ultron, she was a team wrecker.

Not saying Supes couldnt have beaten her, just saying that simply trying to restrain her isnt happening.

jasofisc
It's not so much that she still has it, it's that she could call upon it when she wants. Godwave is just asking the gods of the Greek Pantheon to pour their power into her. So unless there is no Greek pantheon, she can always ask. Whether they give it or not is their choice though. It's not her right. Only thing is, she can't contain that power in her body for very long otherwise it's been implied she would die. And Wonder Woman consistently gives Superman a good fight. I think she deserves higher than a medium rating.

I agree with what you said about wonder woman not being medium I'm just saying why I think WW gets a bad rap.

fangirl101
SENTRY IS A DUMMY SUPERMAN KNOCK OFF. HE FIGHTS RETARDED. AND WHAT THE HECK IS HE GOING TO DO WHEN SHE WRAPS HIM UP IN HER LASSO AND MAKES HIM TURN BACK INTO BOB? GET KNOCKED OUT JUST LIKE THE HULK DID TO HIM.

jasofisc
Originally posted by fangirl101
SENTRY IS A DUMMY SUPERMAN KNOCK OFF. HE FIGHTS RETARDED. AND WHAT THE HECK IS HE GOING TO DO WHEN SHE WRAPS HIM UP IN HER LASSO AND MAKES HIM TURN BACK INTO BOB? GET KNOCKED OUT JUST LIKE THE HULK DID TO HIM.

belive what you want but sentry's power are differnt, so is his orgin, his style of dress his features, and his hair color. He rembles more of apollo, or captain marvel.

fangirl101
belive what you want but sentry's power are differnt, so is his orgin, his style of dress his features, and his hair color. He rembles more of apollo, or captain marvel.

AND THE BIG S?

jasofisc
AND THE BIG S?

that's it and the guy's name is sentry.

iceman24567
Wonder Woman would rape Doom too what could he possibly do to her she has resistance to magic too you know.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by iceman24567
Wonder Woman would rape Doom too what could he possibly do to her she has resistance to magic too you know. Oh hell no. Nobody rapes Doom.

Starscream M
Oh hell no. Nobody rapes Doom. nobody? are you sure?

Mindset
I'm sure.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm sure.

WONDERWOMAN WOULD BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF DOOM. EASILY. DOOM CAN'T BEAT PEOPLE LIKE HER WITHOUT SOME PREPARING.

carver9
WONDERWOMAN WOULD BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF DOOM. EASILY. DOOM CAN'T BEAT PEOPLE LIKE HER WITHOUT SOME PREPARING.

well why in the hell didn't precrisis superman beat the crap out of doom but wonder woman can. laughing

The Illuminati
Originally posted by carver9
well why in the hell didn't precrisis superman beat the crap out of doom but wonder woman can. laughing

wink

olympian

Hulk didnt ko`ed him. Banner did.

Now, turn the damn caps off, fangirl.

Wonder Woman is definitely underrated. Her fighting ability, cunning, lasso and Godwave helps to even up Sentry's massive power output advantage.

Godwave isent part of WW`s standart power. She has to ask permittion for it.

redhotrash
Even when Sentry took out Doom, it wasnt exactly fair was it? He appeared out of no where and basically 1 shotted him before Doom had a chance to react.
To be fair, I'll be the first to admit Im not the biggest Sentry fan so I may be biased here.

h1a8
WW is faster, more skilled, and has one-shotting weapons.
How does sentry get even 1 win?

The Illuminati
Originally posted by h1a8

Standard equipment cool

fangirl101
Originally posted by olympian
Hulk didnt ko`ed him. Banner did.

Now, turn the damn caps off, fangirl.

Godwave isent part of WW`s standart power. She has to ask permittion for it.

WONDER WOMAN IS A MYSTICAL BEING. SHE USES MAGIC ALL OF THE TIME. THAT WOULD INCLUDE THE GOD WAVE. SUPERMAN DOESN'T USE SUPER WHISTLING ALL OF THE TIME. BUT HE CAN DO IT.

Jugglenaut
WONDER WOMAN IS A MYSTICAL BEING. SHE USES MAGIC ALL OF THE TIME. THAT WOULD INCLUDE THE GOD WAVE. SUPERMAN DOESN'T USE SUPER WHISTLING ALL OF THE TIME. BUT HE CAN DO IT.
Standard equipment is lasso, tiara, and bracelets?
I don't see the words Godwave in there.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Jugglenaut
Standard equipment is lasso, tiara, and bracelets?
I don't see the words Godwave in there.
THE GODWAVE ISN'T EQUIPMENT. IT'S A POWER. LIKE HER HEALING, ANIMAL CONTROL, SPEED, STRENGTH, DURABILITY, ETC. BUT WE DONT' SEE THOSE WORDS EITHER. WE JUST KNOW THAT SHE CAN DO THAT STUFF.

Troop
THE GODWAVE ISN'T EQUIPMENT. IT'S A POWER. LIKE HER HEALING, ANIMAL CONTROL, SPEED, STRENGTH, DURABILITY, ETC. BUT WE DONT' SEE THOSE WORDS EITHER. WE JUST KNOW THAT SHE CAN DO THAT STUFF.

Oh shut up you stupid child.

Cap locks make you look like even more of a retard.

fangirl101
Oh shut up you stupid child.

Cap locks make you look like even more of a retard.

IS THAT A RETH0RT? ( DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT LOL) AN INSULT IS NOT A GOOD WAY TO DEBATE. ESPECIALLY ABOUT COMICS. THEY ARE COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS. NOTHING TO GET SO UPSET OVER.

Troop
IS THAT A RETH0RT? ( DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT LOL) AN INSULT IS NOT A GOOD WAY TO DEBATE. ESPECIALLY ABOUT COMICS. THEY ARE COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS. NOTHING TO GET SO UPSET OVER.

I AM NOT UPSET I AM JUST TELLING YOU HOW STUPID YOU LOOK WITH CAPS ALWAYS ON.

Badabing
I AM NOT UPSET I AM JUST TELLING YOU HOW STUPID YOU LOOK WITH CAPS ALWAYS ON. This is your last chance.

fangirl101
I AM NOT UPSET I AM JUST TELLING YOU HOW STUPID YOU LOOK WITH CAPS ALWAYS ON.

AND BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED DEBATE ON THE TOPIC AT HAND. WONDER WOMAN BEATS SENTRY SILLY. AND STILL LOOKS GOOD IN HER HEALS AFTER THE FIGHT IS DONE.

Troop
Originally posted by Badabing
This is your last chance. Until what?? sleep

Lord Feron
Yeah I believe the lasso maybe a pretty big factor in the match. Then again He can create constructs to keep the lasso from closing in around whatever part of his body WW is trying to wrap around (yeah i know don't say it) that would be one way to avoid being lassoed.

Physical brute strength I have to give it up to Sentry by the smallest of margins.

Durability hmmm not sure.

Sentry has energy projection but WW can block stuff with her handy bracelets. but eventually Sentry will be able to tag her a few times. I would say WW does have better fighting ability tho.

I also want to say Sentry is arguable faster but keyword being arguably.

Good fight I say... hmm 6/10 Sentry.

Priest
Nver.

olympian
Originally posted by h1a8

By being backed up by intelligent posters.

Wich makes me want to ask, what the hell are you doing here?

Yes, yes we all get it. You sleep with your star triped panties and you love the way it looks in you.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Badabing
This is your last chance.

I have a question Badabing. I absolutely agree with your decision to ban him, but I was wondering if Troop was a sock (according the reason listed on why he was banned), why did it take this long for him to get banned? Why wait for someone like Troop to break the rules to ban them if they are already known as a sock?

Badabing
Originally posted by Evangel94
I have a question Badabing. I absolutely agree with your decision to ban him, but I was wondering if Troop was a sock (according the reason listed on why he was banned), why did it take this long for him to get banned? Why wait for someone like Troop to break the rules to ban them if they are already known as a sock? I don't check up on a poster unless given a reason.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
Nver.

WAIT, ARE YOU SAYING SHE CAN NEVER DO THAT STUFF?

Mr. Slippyfist
Stop it.

The Pict
Wonder Woman ftw

jasofisc
I think Godwave has been proven that it is not one of her power sets (it's asking the pathon for help) it's too bad fangirl (who is obvously a wonder woman fangirl) doesn't unerstand this she see's it as part of her powers (which it's not)

fangirl101
I think Godwave has been proven that it is not one of her power sets (it's asking the pathon for help) it's too bad fangirl (who is obvously a wonder woman fangirl) doesn't unerstand this she see's it as part of her powers (which it's not)

it has to be summoned. wonder woman gets a lot of her powers from praying for for them. no different than when thor prays for his godblast thing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
Nver. I thought so too. If it is him which I dont know for sure I hope he stays around and doesnt break the rules as I liked him and his antics(except when it was strictly an insult fest). He was truly a character and like no one I have met on here or on herochat.

OneDumbG0
it has to be summoned. wonder woman gets a lot of her powers from praying for for them. no different than when thor prays for his godblast thing. Fair distinction, but when Wonder Woman prays to Hermes for speed, it's almost a given that Hermes blesses her. Every time when she asks the Greek pantheon, there have been holdouts from what I understand. Like Ares. When Thor prays for his godblast, he only draws upon his own immortal energies. He doesn't ask the Asgardians for their strength. Godblast is purely Thor.

fangirl101
Fair distinction, but when Wonder Woman prays to Hermes for speed, it's almost a given that Hermes blesses her. Every time when she asks the Greek pantheon, there have been holdouts from what I understand. Like Ares. When Thor prays for his godblast, he only draws upon his own immortal energies. He doesn't ask the Asgardians for their strength. Godblast is purely Thor.

thor's power solely rely's on odin's own will. the only thing thor has on his own is his strength, given to him by his birth mother.

OneDumbG0
thor's power solely rely's on odin's own will. the only thing thor has on his own is his strength, given to him by his birth mother. No. No it's not actually. Odin had to ask the Asgardians to pool their immortal energies into the Destroyer armor to fight the Celestials. He does not command them to do so automatically. Your understanding is skewed. Thor's immortal energies are his own and always have been his own. This should be made obvious by several facts: 1) The many times Thor has disobeyed Odin; 2) everytime he refers to the godblast on-panel, he is recalling and pooling his own immortal energies and never asks Odin; 3) Thor personally blessed Eric Masterson with the power of Thor, which was against Odin's wishes; and 4) Odin has died several times and Thor obviously retained his powers.

If you take away Odin or his blessing, you don't negate Thor's power.

fangirl101
No. No it's not actually. Odin had to ask the Asgardians to pool their immortal energies into the Destroyer armor to fight the Celestials. He does not command them to do so automatically. Your understanding is skewed. Thor's immortal energies are his own and always have been his own. This should be made obvious by several facts: 1) The many times Thor has disobeyed Odin; 2) everytime he refers to the godblast on-panel, he is recalling and pooling his own immortal energies and never asks Odin; 3) Thor personally blessed Eric Masterson with the power of Thor, which was against Odin's wishes; and 4) Odin has died several times and Thor obviously retained his powers.

If you take away Odin or his blessing, you don't negate Thor's power.

i do not agree. it has been stated that odin if he wished could have destroyed everyone in asgard at any time he wished. including his enemies. thor's power like everyone, is all part of odin's wishes.

OneDumbG0
i do not agree. it has been stated that odin if he wished could have destroyed everyone in asgard at any time he wished. including his enemies. thor's power like everyone, is all part of odin's wishes. Odin could probably destroy Asgard. The same way Zeus could probably destroy Olympus. Thor's immortal energies has nothing to do with Odin's wishes. Mjolnir has been blessed with the Odinpower, not Thor. And a godblast only uses Mjolnir as a conduit for Thor's immortal energies.

Like I said, it should be obvious from the numerous examples I gave that Odin could never simply blink away Thor's power. Another example is when Thor assaulted Asgard in 'Blood and Thunder.' If Odin could just depower him to nothing at a gesture, why did he have to personally engage the Valkyrie in the climax?

fangirl101
Odin could probably destroy Asgard. The same way Zeus could probably destroy Olympus. Thor's immortal energies has nothing to do with Odin's wishes. Mjolnir has been blessed with the Odinpower, not Thor. And a godblast only uses Mjolnir as a conduit for Thor's immortal energies.

Like I said, it should be obvious from the numerous examples I gave that Odin could never simply blink away Thor's power. Another example is when Thor assaulted Asgard in 'Blood and Thunder.' If Odin could just depower him to nothing at a gesture, why did he have to personally engage the Valkyrie in the climax?

i don't have all of the blood and thunder arc. the art was just so ugly to me. but i thought thor had the power gem? no one can manipulate the energies of the user of the gem can they? and it's obvious that odin's blessing some how effects thor. or why the need for the hammer? odin can curse thor and make him human. thor is odin's plaything.

OneDumbG0
i don't have all of the blood and thunder arc. the art was just so ugly to me. but i thought thor had the power gem? no one can manipulate the energies of the user of the gem can they? and it's obvious that odin's blessing some how effects thor. or why the need for the hammer? odin can curse thor and make him human. thor is odin's plaything. Odin can curse Thor. He never made Thor into his plaything. However, Mjolnir is a weapon blessed with Odinpower. Thor's personal power has been tied to Mjolnir in the past through curses. But again and again, Thor has corrected people on-panel, that Mjolnir is simply a tool and not the sum of Thor's own power. A reinforced Mjolnir has actually been shattered by Thor's immortal energies during a godblast.

I'll see if I can dig up some scans for you to make the distinction clearer.

olympian
it has to be summoned. wonder woman gets a lot of her powers from praying for for them. no different than when thor prays for his godblast thing.

Thor doesnt pray to use the Godblast. Thats girly.

thor's power solely rely's on odin's own will. the only thing thor has on his own is his strength, given to him by his birth mother.

And the weather control. And the Godblast. And even better, he doesnt ask permittion to use them, like Wonder Woman does with the Godwave.

Panties must be too tigh, today.

fangirl101
Thor doesnt pray to use the Godblast. Thats girly.

And the weather control. And the Godblast. And even better, he doesnt ask permittion to use them, like Wonder Woman does with the Godwave.

Panties must be too tigh, today.
being that the comics industry and it's fans are dominated by adolecents and adolecent thinking males who have a penchant for violence against women, and the hyper masculinity thier of comic book heroes who they can never be and only dream about, i'll take the panties comment as nothing more than an extention of some fantasy that just happened to slip on the screen by accident.

olympian
See how it was easy to admit you wer wrong?

Concession accepted.

fangirl101
See how it was easy to admit you wer wrong?

Concession accepted.

are you talking to me? how thoughtful of you to think about me. but seriously, i wont' take your word for it that im wrong on a forum that is full of opinion and no fact.

jasofisc
Odin can curse Thor. He never made Thor into his plaything. However, Mjolnir is a weapon blessed with Odinpower. Thor's personal power has been tied to Mjolnir in the past through curses. But again and again, Thor has corrected people on-panel, that Mjolnir is simply a tool and not the sum of Thor's own power. A reinforced Mjolnir has actually been shattered by Thor's immortal energies during a godblast.

I'll see if I can dig up some scans for you to make the distinction clearer.

she can go to the respect thread and check out the times thor has used god blast, nearly every time he discribes it as his own godly energies.

zeel
depends on how well geared diana is at the fight.

wonder woman will not fall easily.

could go either way.

h1a8
Actually diana is much much more powerful than what she normally is (mostly like more than superman himself).
The gods actually hold back her true potential (so that she doesn't easily kill someone). When she prays it is for the gods to take the lock off the powers she already have. This is probably why Thor prays (for Odin to take the lock off his god blast energies).

FearOfBlood
Sentry would own pretty much anyone in DCU. Wonder Woman would last 3 second.

The Sentry 10/10, pretty easy.

The Pict
Originally posted by FearOfBlood

The Sentry 10/10, pretty easy.

no expression

psycho gundam

The Sentry 10/10, pretty easy. do you really believe it would happen like that? 3 seconds flat......explain yourself

Mr. Slippyfist

The Sentry 10/10, pretty easy. Reported.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Reported.

Reported because i'm not DC biased ? laughing

The Pict
Reported because i'm not DC biased ? laughing

You're incredibly Hulk (ha!) biased, though. Even more so than the other Hulk fanboys on here.

psycho gundam
he makes kutulu look like jinzin

Mr. Slippyfist
Reported because i'm not DC biased ? laughing No, because you're incredibly Marvel/Hulk bias without a reasonable explanation how Sentry would solo DC.

And your response doesn't even make sense directed at me, nevermind the fact that it's flaming.

No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

Badabing

The Sentry 10/10, pretty easy. And I'm sure you have feats and issues to back up this claim. durlaugh

No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Illuminati
Originally posted by zeel
depends on how well geared diana is at the fight.

wonder woman will not fall easily.

could go either way.

Standard equipment is being used.

Raoul
Sentry is good, but Diana imo is in another class... he'd give her a fight tho... diana... 7/10, imo...

piccolo84
ha Sentry rapestomps Wonder Woman.

fangirl101
Wonder Woman beats Sentry 9/10. I'd say 10/10 but the sentry fan crowd would have a fit. Sentry lacks the skills or speed needed to beat someone like wondy. Plus her lasso could just make him go insane and run away. He's a cry baby loser.

The Illuminati
Wonder Woman beats Sentry 9/10. I'd say 10/10 but the sentry fan crowd would have a fit. Sentry lacks the skills or speed needed to beat someone like wondy. Plus her lasso could just make him go insane and run away. He's a cry baby loser.

no expression

redhotrash
Sentry either doesnt show up, or does and learns why you cant slug it out with a class 100+ who actually knows how to fight.

quanchi112
Sentry destroys WW. 10 of 10.

Erik-Lensherr
Wonder Woman beats Sentry 9/10. I'd say 10/10 but the sentry fan crowd would have a fit. Sentry lacks the skills or speed needed to beat someone like wondy. Plus her lasso

Superherovandal
Sentry doesn't have any feats that are beyond WW's. But WW has shown plenty of feats beyond Sentry's. WW win 8-9/10.

ultimatethor
Frankly sentry has the powerset needed to defeat wonderwoman. The only way hed lose is if he slugged it out. Sentry fighting smartly can use his enrgy to stop the lasso and then impale her with thousands of sharp tendrils. He wins it

Juntai
Diana, no contest.

fangirl101
Originally posted by ultimatethor Frankly sentry has the powerset needed to defeat wonderwoman. The only way hed lose is if he slugged it out. Sentry fighting smartly can use his enrgy to stop the lasso and then impale her with thousands of sharp tendrils. He wins it When Has Sentry ever fought smartly? Or When has he made thousands or even one sharp tendral? Does he have the faster than faster than light speed needed to get one in on her? Is he invulnerable to her lasso or Tiara? Enquiring minds wants to know.

starlock
Wonder Woman for the easy...way to easy win

quanchi112
Originally posted by starlock
Wonder Woman for the easy...way to easy win How when physically hes well beyond her?

Soljer
Originally posted by quanchi112
How when physically hes well beyond her?

Lulz.

He isn't. The Sentry doesn't have a strength feat or a speed feat that Wonder Woman hasn't already exceeded.

Juntai
Lulz.

He isn't. The Sentry doesn't have a strength feat or a speed feat that Wonder Woman hasn't already exceeded. He's from Marvel, he doesn't need feats, duh.

Avlon
Originally posted by Juntai
He's from Marvel, he doesn't need feats, duh.

Didn't you know dude? Being MARVELous is the automatic win!

smokin'

quanchi112
Lulz.

He isn't. The Sentry doesn't have a strength feat or a speed feat that Wonder Woman hasn't already exceeded. You think WW could take punches from WW Hulk right to her dome and keep fighting back and giving it to him. You really,really do?

fangirl101
You think WW could take punches from WW Hulk right to her dome and keep fighting back and giving it to him. You really,really do?

She took punches from Konvict and from Sun amped superman. Also from Oblivion and the queen of Dragons.

The Pict
You think WW could take punches from WW Hulk right to her dome and keep fighting back and giving it to him. You really,really do?

Easily, Colossus, and maybe even Emma Frost, took punches from WWH Hulk and weren't put down and they have nothing on Diana.
Recently she fought Konvikt who'd I'd put above Hulk in terms of sheer strength seeing as how he just tore through the Justice League, and he didn't put her down.

starlock
How when physically hes well beyond her?

Where did you come up with that?
The thread starter said standard gear...which means fight is over in less than 5 seconds....but why bother...WW would beat him hand to hand in 15 seconds...

horrorwolf
Sentry >>>> Wonderwoman without her Strengthbelt which she would need to compete here.

Sentry 10/10.

xmarksthespot
LMFAO.

bbrem123
if sentry fights properly then he take the majority

Metalmanx
Man. This thread makes me miss Draco. Anyone know where he went?

Soljer

Reading comprehension. 'Taking punches to the dome' is neither a strength nor a speed feat.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>