Runner(no gem) vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uxas Khan
Fight on earth,who wins

Nihilist
Thanos

It's Face
Thanos

Galan007
Wasn't it stated that Runner wasn't even tapping the gem when he owned Thanos, or am I just losing it?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Galan007
Wasn't it stated that Runner wasn't even tapping the gem when he owned Thanos, or am I just losing it?
I don't think any such thing was stated, only that he was subconsciously teleporting. Also it's worth saying that Thanos has since had an upgrade.

psycho gundam
Wasn't it stated that Runner wasn't even tapping the gem when he owned Thanos, or am I just losing it? it looks that way, the runner only space warped with the space gem subcontiously. all the stuff he did in thanos quest #2 was all him.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

xJLxKing
Runner wasn't using the gem so Runner Thanos(imo)

kgkg
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Runner wasn't using the gem so Runner Thanos(imo) Runner or Thanos? who wins

xJLxKing
Originally posted by kgkg
Runner or Thanos? who wins
I hate ThANOS!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I hate ThANOS!!! Why?

Enyalus

Yeah. Thanos stated that himself, IIRC. CIS off, I'd give Runner the win. Generally speaking, though, Thanos wins. He does have shields standard, which he'd use, I'm assuming, if he thought he was in any danger.

Naija boy
Thanos

Juntai
Wasn't it stated that Runner wasn't even tapping the gem when he owned Thanos, or am I just losing it? By owned, do you mean, ran in circles, didn't land one blow, and got himself owned?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juntai
By owned, do you mean, ran in circles, didn't land one blow, and got himself owned?

Didn't land one blow? He tore Thanos' chair apart before Thanos could even think about reacting.

Juntai
Originally posted by Enyalus
Didn't land one blow? He tore Thanos' chair apart before Thanos could even think about reacting. Did he hit Thanos? No? Cool. Then he didn't land a blow.
Runner didn't own anyone, and running in circles dismantling a chair certainly doesn't qualify.
Thanos pretended to helpless. It's clear when he begins to float upright.

Naija boy
Didn't land one blow? He tore Thanos' chair apart before Thanos could even think about reacting.

Truthfully though id think it wud be more difficuult to react while sitting down

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Truthfully though id think it wud be more difficuult to react while sitting down

laughing out loud

Hell, that was a great point. You're right.

Juntai
Truthfully though id think it wud be more difficuult to react while sitting down lol.

Naija boy
laughing out loud

Hell, that was a great point. You're right.

PWNED!!

But seriously though when he first attacked thanos, he was relaxing on his chair wondering were the runner was and then BAM runner hit him. he was totally unprepared and unaware of the runners presence let alone an attack.

Enyalus
PWNED!!

But seriously though when he first attacked thanos, he was relaxing on his chair wondering were the runner was and then BAM runner hit him. he was totally unprepared and unaware of the runners presence let alone an attack.

Yeah, and then he attempts to blast him and doesn't come anywhere close. And then he admitted that he wouldn't have been able to win unless Runner stopped to run his mouth so he could use the Time Gem on him...which he did. From what little fight they had, I'd say Runner was clearly dominating. Thanos has definitely gotten better, but in the speed department? Meh.

But like I said, Thanos has shields and whatever. He'd still win. So I don't know why I'm arguing for Runner. :s

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
By owned, do you mean, ran in circles, didn't land one blow, and got himself owned? IMO, Runner was just toying with Thanos, yet he was still picking him apart:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5435/93510792.th.jpg http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7424/37495557.th.jpg http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6955/69047701.th.jpg http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5705/82570091.th.jpg

----

On another note, Thanos confirmed that the gem did not make Runner faster. All it did was allow Runner to teleport:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2139/73296708.th.jpg

and Runner was not teleporting in the first set of scans - that was pure speed.

Naija boy
Yeah, and then he attempts to blast him and doesn't come anywhere close. And then he admitted that he wouldn't have been able to win unless Runner stopped to run his mouth so he could use the Time Gem on him...which he did. From what little fight they had, I'd say Runner was clearly dominating. Thanos has definitely gotten better, but in the speed department? Meh.

But like I said, Thanos has shields and whatever. He'd still win. So I don't know why I'm arguing for Runner. :s

Eh, thanos didnt say he wouldnt have been able to beat runner if he hadnt stopped. He said that runners speed is the only thing that could have saved him. I sort of see that as runners speed being the only thing that would make him give him a chance against thanos and not neccesarily meaning that runners non utilization of that of speed is the only thing giving thanos a chance against him. Was runner winning? yeah, but he did kind of get the jump on thanos from the beginning which gave him the advantage from the outset.

Galan007
Was runner winning? yeah, but he did kind of get the jump on thanos from the beginning which gave him the advantage from the outset. Runner got the jump on Thanos because of his superior speed. You see, a page prior to when the trouncing commenced, Thanos had already used his tech to locate the Runner's general position, and then teleport there:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4681/18281136.th.jpg

Point is that Thanos was ready for a confrontation with the Runner - but he simply was not fast enough to do much at all against him.

Naija boy
Runner got the jump on Thanos because of his superior speed. You see, a page prior to when the trouncing commenced, Thanos had already used his tech to locate the Runner's general position, and then teleport there:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4681/18281136.th.jpg

Point is that Thanos was ready for a confrontation with the Runner - but he simply was not fast enough to do much at all against him.

I beg to differ. Thanos did teleport to the sector of space the runner was. However his surprise in not seeing the runner indicates that he was expecting to at least spot the runner before a fight commenced. Hence he was certainly unprepared because the attack came before he was even sure the runner was actually in that area.

Galan007
I beg to differ. Thanos did teleport to the sector of space the runner was. However his surprise in not seeing the runner indicates that he was expecting to at least spot the runner before a fight commenced. Hence he was certainly unprepared because the attack came before he was even sure the runner was actually in that area. Thanos was sure Runner was there (hence the reason he teleported to that location.) He just couldn't spot him because Runner apparently moves faster than he can see.

At any rate, that's a moot point in this debate. Even when Thanos knew exactly where the Runner was (ie. right in front of him,) he was still unable to land an attack/defend himself.

Naija boy
Thanos was sure Runner was there (hence the reason he teleported to that location.) He just couldn't spot him because Runner apparently moves faster than he can see.

At any rate, that's a moot point in this debate. Even when Thanos knew exactly where the Runner was (ie. right in front of him,) he was still unable to land an attack/defend himself.

Yes hence the point stands that thanos was expecting to see runner at least before the fight commenced. When he didnt see him he began to doubt his initial beliefs and thats when he was attacked by runner. Theres no way then that he could have been prepared for the initial attack.

Now as to the rest, its true that even when runner was right infront of thanos thanos couldnt land a hit or defend himself physically(he was hanging on to the remaining scraps of his chair so he wasnt in exactly the best position to do such) but imo that was more of an act used to goad the runner into a false sense of security as he could have easily put up shields during the period and said shields will be a valid option on KMC.

Enyalus
Naija, I've learned from experience that it isn't possible to beat Galan in a debate unless you're screen name is Mr. Master and the argument is pertaining to The Beyonder.

Nice try, though. thumb up

Naija boy
Naija, I've learned from experience that it isn't possible to beat Galan in a debate unless you're screen name is Mr. Master and the argument is pertaining to The Beyonder.

Nice try, though. thumb up

Heh. The english translation of "Naija" is actually "Mr Master" and in englsih "Thanos" means "Beyonder". Bet u didnt know that. wink

Enyalus
and in englsih "Thanos" means "Beyonder". Bet u didnt know that. wink

Which is particularly surprising seeing as how I can read Greek. confused

Naija boy
Which is particularly surprising seeing as how I can read Greek. confused

Yup We learn new things everyday. smile

Galan007
The Beyonder. I tend to 'debate' out of sheer disgust, concerning that character. sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.