Marvel vs Street Fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Captain America, Iron Fist, Elektra, and Spiderman

vs

Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Guile

ThunderGodEneru
Team SF.

Ryu lifted and held a boulder that was confirmed to be as heavy as a tank, his Hadoukens are as fast as bullets, can take bullets to the face with them bouncing off, and takes punches from Gouki, who hits harder than 1,000 Spidermans.

Guile's Sonic Booms are Mach 2, and is superhuman as well, but at an unknown level.

Ken is featless, but he is virtually Ryu's equal, and is faster, yet weaker.

Chun-Li is not needed.

Badabing
Shield throw and webbing ftw!

biscuits

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Badabing
Shield throw and webbing ftw!

biscuits I'm not your friend, buddy.

jalek moye
street fighter wins. but guile dies cus he sucks

Mindset
Chun Li and Guile die.

Ken stands around looking badass.

That's all that matters.

Slaanesh
ryu unleash the Dark Hadou within him and solo..

Badabing
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I'm not your friend, buddy. And?

jalek moye
ryu's a class 50 that shoot fireballs the speed of bullets, ken is near there.

yea spite

Spire
Originally posted by Badabing
And?

South Park

Mindset
Originally posted by jalek moye
ryu's a class 50 that shoot fireballs the speed of bullets, ken is near there.

yea spite Cap would take him.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Mindset
Cap would take him.
only on 4th of july

Mindset
He'd alpha counter, tatsumaki senpuukyaku, trip, then shouryuu reppa his face off.

With full health and 20 seconds left on the timer.

Spire
Mindset is right. The power Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku is unmatched.

lOOaDEyavMw

kgkg
Originally posted by Spire
Mindset is right. The power Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku is unmatched.

lOOaDEyavMw laughing out loud

SamZED
Ryu is overrated. Its not like Spider-man couldn't lift a tank, and even though his attacks are not as strong as Ryu's Iron fist could punch Ryu's head off.

cloud102
Street Fighter.

jalek moye
Originally posted by SamZED
Ryu is overrated. Its not like Spider-man couldn't lift a tank, and even though his attacks are not as strong as Ryu's Iron fist could punch Ryu's head off.
spiderman can't lift a tank

and i'm sure akuma hits way harder then ironfist

cloud102
Spider-Man CAN lift a tank, but still gets the beatdown from Ryu.

jalek moye
Originally posted by cloud102
Spider-Man CAN lift a tank, but still gets the beatdown from Ryu.
um tanks are 50-60 tons spiderman can't lift that much

SamZED
spiderman can't lift a tank

and i'm sure akuma hits way harder then ironfist

http://s61.radikal.ru/i172/0901/1a/fe33bb18d559.jpg no expression

StiltmanFTW
http://s61.radikal.ru/i172/0901/1a/fe33bb18d559.jpg no expression

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Paladin appear in that issue? If yes, then it wasn't a tank. It was stated to be a mini-tank. There's a huge difference.

cloud102
Spidey has actually lifted heavier in his best showings.

jalek moye
Spidey has actually lifted heavier in his best showings.
his best showing are made mute by the fact that he consistently has trouble lifting less then that.

cloud102
Like when?

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Paladin appear in that issue? If yes, then it wasn't a tank. It was stated to be a mini-tank. There's a huge difference. He did appear in that book, but i don't remember anyone calling it a mini-tank, just "tank". Besides its not a huge difference. That thing can't weight less than 20-30 tons and its Spider-man before all his upgrades.

cloud102
Nah, it was a mini tank. Though, it's not out of the realm of possibility for Peter to lift heavier things when put under the strain. He has lifted objects at or beyond a tank. Quite a few times.

Even busting Iron Man's suit with his bear hands.

StiltmanFTW
He did appear in that book, but i don't remember anyone calling it a mini-tank, just "tank".
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon4.gif

MINI-TANKS! AGH!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1972/asm320minitanks.th.jpg

D_Dude1210
I don't recall any of the Street Fighters ever lifting a tank.. Scans? O_o

jalek moye
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I don't recall any of the Street Fighters ever lifting a tank.. Scans? O_o
he didnt lift a tank he lifted two boulders the wieght of a tank

Mindset

MINI-TANKS! AGH!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1972/asm320minitanks.th.jpg Mini tanks in Marvel are the size of regular tanks in the real world.

common knowledge

Spire
Marvel loses because they can't figure out whether Guile is going to Flash Kick or Sonic Boom from crouching position.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You guys are on crack... In streetfighter 2 or 3 I would dominate you all with Guile and with ease. Guile Solos

Mindset
I'd beat you with Zangief

KuRuPT Thanosi
hahaha yeah right.. I'll use E. Honda on you all day.

SamZED

MINI-TANKS! AGH!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1972/asm320minitanks.th.jpg

Meh, doesn't matter. It still can't weight less than 20 tons.
Now look at this scan.
http://i016.radikal.ru/0901/27/29853c603052.jpg
In order to swing it like that Spidey should be able to lift at least twice or 3 times of its weight. I mean, take the maximum weight you can lift and devide it in 2. Then tie a rope to it and try to swing it like that. It wont work.

Mini tanks in Marvel are the size of regular tanks in the real world.

common knowledge lol true.

TricksterPriest
Ryu standing up to Gouki is a huge feat.

Especially since Gouki is mid range class 100. We have confirmed feats of him doing the following: Destroying the island of Goukentou with one punch that shifted the tectonic plates and caused a volcanic eruption, splitting Ayers Rock in half with one punch, tanking 3000m of underwater pressure and splitting a submarine/sunken ship with one kick at that depth.

For Ryu to survive his fight with this monster, he's well above Spidey.

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Especially since Gouki is mid range class 100. We have confirmed feats of him doing the following: Destroying the island of Goukentou with one punch that shifted the tectonic plates and caused a volcanic eruption, splitting Ayers Rock in half with one punch, tanking 3000m of underwater pressure and splitting a submarine/sunken ship with one kick at that depth.

For Ryu to survive his fight with this monster, he's well above Spidey. Like Spiderman surviving against Hulk and Juggs?

TricksterPriest
Huge skill difference.

Mindset
Huge skill difference between whom?

jalek moye
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

For Ryu to survive his fight with this monster, he's well above Spidey.
like i said ryus around a class 50 in strength, his speed is probbly the same as spidey and durabilty would be higher then him

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again Guile solos

SamZED
How is his speed the same? I've only seen him dodge bullets once, not bad but nothing say Batgirl couldn't do.

jalek moye
How is his speed the same? I've only seen him dodge bullets once, not bad but nothing say Batgirl couldn't do.
him and akuma shoot hadokens at the same speed as bullets, all of their prjectile atacks are shot at beond human reaction speeds. Him dodging them all the time buts him at near spiderman's speed.

StiltmanFTW
Meh, doesn't matter. It still can't weight less than 20 tons.
Now look at this scan.
http://i016.radikal.ru/0901/27/29853c603052.jpg
In order to swing it like that Spidey should be able to lift at least twice or 3 times of its weight. I mean, take the maximum weight you can lift and devide it in 2. Then tie a rope to it and try to swing it like that. It wont work.

I read the comic, you don't have to show me the scans wink
My point simply was that it wasn't a regular tank that he lifted. I'm aware of Classic Spidey's high feats.

SamZED
I read the comic, you don't have to show me the scans wink
My point simply was that it wasn't a regular tank that he lifted. I'm aware of Classic Spidey's high feats.
Yeah I figured thatsmile Thought i'd post the scan anyway for others to see.big grin

Xplosive
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Team SF.

Ryu lifted and held a boulder that was confirmed to be as heavy as a tank, his Hadoukens are as fast as bullets, can take bullets to the face with them bouncing off, and takes punches from Gouki, who hits harder than 1,000 Spidermans.

Guile's Sonic Booms are Mach 2, and is superhuman as well, but at an unknown level.

Ken is featless, but he is virtually Ryu's equal, and is faster, yet weaker.

Chun-Li is not needed.

Ken is not Ryu equal. They have got similar skills, but in power Ryu is so much ahead of him and is also faster. Ryu proved to be so fast that he was invisible for eyes.

But I agree. And SF teams wins easily.

Battlehammer
really becuases if I recall correctly Ken was said to be the faster of the to, but lack the power of Ryu

Mindset
Originally posted by Xplosive
Ken is not Ryu equal. They have got similar skills, but in power Ryu is so much ahead of him and is also faster. Ryu proved to be so fast that he was invisible for eyes.

But I agree. And SF teams wins easily. They are pretty equal and have been for most of their careers.

There is no huge gap between them in power, do you have any proof of this?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Battlehammer
really becuases if I recall correctly Ken was said to be the faster of the to, but lack the power of Ryu ken's flashier, not faster.

sawFg3DeTJU

^ gouki pwning a ship.

Battlehammer
I am pritty certain I have a comic which states that Ken is faster then Ryu and quicker. His style uses quick movements rather then focus power like ryu.

Mindset
Ken is better than Ryu, he just doesn't want to hurt Ryu's feelings.

Ken would shoryuken Ryu into oblivion.

Battlehammer
Charlie would kick both there asses

psycho gundam
ken's moves lean towards unpredictability and more hits/combos, ryu's style is powerful single strikes. ken's shoryuken and tetsumaki senpukyaku have to get all their hits to land to equal ryu's versions.

and ken would be just as powerful as ryu is, but he slipped a little due to his family life and other distractions. ryu on the other hand has always devoted 100% of himself to training. and ryu has integrated the dark hadou into his fighting abilities without going "demonic" as of SF3.

Mindset
Ken will kick Ryu's ass, he took a note from Black Adam and stopped caring.

psycho gundam
ken will come close, but he just can't finish the job.

ryu pulled too far ahead of him, especially since he will (or is) train with oro.

ECMkjRoqS4U

Zack Fair
No pootang, no closet, no FKN shoes.

Ryu is a loser.

Ken Masters FTW! biscuits

jrodslam
Mr. Karate, Terry and Kyo comes in and beats them all. Nuff said.

cloud102
Who is that old dude challenging Akuma in Street Fighter 4?

Xplosive
really becuases if I recall correctly Ken was said to be the faster of the to, but lack the power of Ryu

No. Ryu is also faster. Ryu showed speed that was invisible for eyes, faster than bullets.

They are pretty equal and have been for most of their careers.

In skills yes. Their skills is similar, but in power is much difference.

There is no huge gap between them in power, do you have any proof of this?

If you follow Street Fighter storyline, you would know it's a huge gap between the power.

I am pritty certain I have a comic which states that Ken is faster then Ryu and quicker. His style uses quick movements rather then focus power like ryu.

It's his way of fighting. But actual speed, you should see the true Ryu speed.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
and ken would be just as powerful as ryu is, but he slipped a little due to his family life and other distractions.

Because of the same master and martial art doesn't mean they have the same power. Their power is different. And the power goes in Ryu advantage and by far. When such as Akuma, Ryu goes all out, such fighters as Ken, Sagat... becomes child play.

Ken has more fans and is more popular and have trouble accepting Ryu is much more powerful being than Ken.

And after SF3 according to the official canon Ryu killed Akuma (he burnt him into ashes after undergoing training with Oro).

D_Dude1210
Where the heck are you guys getting all this SF story/feats from?

Sin I AM
I always thought of them as near equals with ryu having a slight strength advantage, but haven't followed SF for awhile. where are you all getting this info?

jalek moye

And after SF3 according to the official canon Ryu killed Akuma (he burnt him into ashes after undergoing training with Oro).
how when as far as everyone else knows he never finished the training yet?

Juntai
Who is that old dude challenging Akuma in Street Fighter 4? Gouken.

I've got the game pretty much dominated now, just a couple challenges left.

Zack Fair

Would you mind posting sources/scans/clips of this? Or are you using Tiamat's guide?

BTW I have no problem accepting Ryu > Ken. At least Ken has an excuse.

cloud102
Originally posted by Juntai
Gouken.

I've got the game pretty much dominated now, just a couple challenges left.

Thanks. Is he the most powerful?

Sin I AM
I realise ryu may be > ken but it says a lot about kens potential when he is nearly ryus equal and doesn't train nearly as hard

Zack Fair
Thanks. Is he the most powerful?

The game's story is vague. Eventhough I have now completed it with everyone it is still somewhat confusing.

Anyways apparentely Gouken has achieved a new lvl of power. Something called the power of nothingness(so stupid) Gouken was unphased by an attack made by Gouki in both their endings. They are set to fight for Ryu's life.

So yeah...who knows.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
I realise ryu may be > ken but it says a lot about kens potential when he is nearly ryus equal and doesn't train nearly as hard

Yep.

Besides that Ken has no Murderous Intent in him which speaks a lot about him if you ask me.

You know...being able to fight without being tempted to kill your opponent.

Bad bad Ryu.

Bentley
The emptiness power is a way to defend from Gouki's ultimate attack, Gen used something of that sort the first time around.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Bentley
The emptiness power is a way to defend from Gouki's ultimate attack, Gen used something of that sort the first time around.

Gen cleared his mind or some shit like that to survive the Shungokusatsu.

It is still stupid IMO.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Spire
Marvel loses because they can't figure out whether Guile is going to Flash Kick or Sonic Boom from crouching position.

laughing

Xplosive
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yep.

Besides that Ken has no Murderous Intent in him which speaks a lot about him if you ask me.

You know...being able to fight without being tempted to kill your opponent.

Bad bad Ryu.

They were called equal about their skills and to the time when Ryu didn't unleash his power. Like Akuma said, such as himself or Ryu, Bison, when they release their power, such fighters as Ken becomes child play. They are great, strong and skilled marital arts, but those mentioned are power.
Ken doesn't have the power within as Ryu does or other mentioned.
Bison knows Ryu had the most power, Akuma expects that, Oro, Seth knows that.

Ryu is by far more powerful being than Ken.

Mindset

If you follow Street Fighter storyline, you would know it's a huge gap between the power.

I do follow SF, now show me proof of this huge gap.

Mindset

Ryu is by far more powerful being than Ken. Again, proof?

SmashBro
he didnt lift a tank he lifted two boulders the wieght of a tank

He didn't lift "two" boulders. Just one.

And I don't remember it ever being stated to be as heavy as a tank.

Xplosive
Again, proof?

Bison knows Ryu had the most power, Akuma expects that, Oro, also extremely powerful Seth knows that.
Already Ryu transformation was destroying everything around him, bending altogether. He was so fast, he was invisible. He defeated ****ing Seth.
Every time Ryu fought Ken, it was Ryu holding his power very very much. It was just ordinary fight. When Ryu goes out, it's not ordinary fight where such as Ken wants to be involved (something like Sagat. Sagat is powerful, strong and was beating Ryu, but when Ryu shown just a glimpse of his power, Sagat was just a joke. That is why Akuma said when Ryu fights to his power, all other will become jokes). Oro said that already in 15 years Ryu might be his equal.
Bullets can't even scratch his skin anymore. Now, he is even more powerful than that. Akuma seeks Ryu for the ultimate battle. Do you think Akuma is stupid and wouldn't sense such power in Ken. Akuma knows Ken very well.

I know Ken was always more popular and I know that is the reason it's hard for fanboys to accept it, but that is the way it is.

Kris Blaze
Danny would take these jokers.

Mindset
Bison knows Ryu had the most power, Akuma expects that, Oro, also extremely powerful Seth knows that.
Already Ryu transformation was destroying everything around him, bending altogether. He was so fast, he was invisible. He defeated ****ing Seth.
Every time Ryu fought Ken, it was Ryu holding his power very very much. It was just ordinary fight. When Ryu goes out, it's not ordinary fight where such as Ken wants to be involved (something like Sagat. Sagat is powerful, strong and was beating Ryu, but when Ryu shown just a glimpse of his power, Sagat was just a joke. That is why Akuma said when Ryu fights to his power, all other will become jokes). Oro said that already in 15 years Ryu might be his equal.
Bullets can't even scratch his skin anymore. Now, he is even more powerful than that. Akuma seeks Ryu for the ultimate battle. Do you think Akuma is stupid and wouldn't sense such power in Ken. Akuma knows Ken very well.

I know Ken was always more popular and I know that is the reason it's hard for fanboys to accept it, but that is the way it is. How was any of that proof of a huge gap between Ken and Ryu?

Ryu not using the Dark Hadou =/= Ryu is holding back most of his power when fighting Ken. Ken holds back when he's fighting Ryu as well.

Sagat was a joke, so when you attack someone off guard with a shoryuken, you make them a joke? OK

You seem to be confusing potential with actual power. Which is why Akuma, Bison, and Oro are interested in Ryu, not the power he has now.

As it stands, Ken and Ryu do not have a wide gap between them in power. There is a wide gap between dedication though.

Also, Ken is more popular? This might just be your personal experience, but it certainly isn't a fact. Sounds like you just threw that in to try and write off the opinions that Ken not being way weaker than Ryu as fanboy rhetoric, good job! thumb up

emporerpants
ryu is more powerful, but not by alot. once he realizes his potential though ken will be like nothing to him. he shows flashes of it at times right now. like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArOYR3ltDW8&feature=related i just don't see ken taking it to akuma like ryu does here. it looked as if ryu was actually beating akuma in that fight, without using the dark hadou.

Mindset
Anime isn't canon

emporerpants
i know, i was just using it as an example of ryu tapping into his potential sometimes. ryu and ken are pretty equal as of now with ryu having a slight edge. once he does tap fully into his potential, and with oro training him he will, ken won't even be close.

Vally Doosh
Ken and Dante (DMC) have the same voice actor, therefore Ken is stronger.

Duh.

SamZED
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
Ken and Dante (DMC) have the same voice actor, therefore Ken is stronger.

Duh.
Somehow that makes sense. Which is weird... confused

SamZED
him and akuma shoot hadokens at the same speed as bullets, all of their prjectile atacks are shot at beond human reaction speeds. Him dodging them all the time buts him at near spiderman's speed. Im aware about projectiles, but hadokens is one thing, Ryu's own speed is another. I believe Spider-man's faster..

Badabing
VG characters. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.