GTA: Chinatown Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
So I crapped my pants when I heard about this so long ago. It's a DS GTA game, that's just neat, I think. I'm still edgy if the DS can support such an expanisve map and everything that makes GTA great, the freedom. Most likely, I'll go blind trying to figure it out.

Here is the officialy trailer for it, with actualy gameplay in it.

F-g54XeSEEQ

I'm impressed, if it looks that good, it shouldn't be a big deal if it is on the DS. Which in many people's opinion, a kid's handheld system. Which is partly true, since M-rated DS games are quite rare. Still, this game boasts four radio stations, plenty of cars to steal, mini-games to start stolen cars up, it's cel shaded, and actual drugs to buy. It's insane, weed as a power-up. Wha-?

Barker
Alls I have for my DS is Elite Beat Agents, Diamond, Mario Kart, and Final Fantasy III.

And soon to be this. 131wank, etc.

Scythe
The hell is Diamond?

Kazenji
Most likey pokemon.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
Most likey pokemon.

Ohhhhh.

Barker
Nothing wrong with Pokemon. uhuh

Anyway. One week. biscuits

Scythe
Originally posted by Barker
Nothing wrong with Pokemon. uhuh

Anyway. One week. biscuits

It's a good game, from what I hear.

Yes! hoping it doesn't suck.

Barker
Prolly, I've logged 18 hour on it in about six months. Half of that this past week. The other half the first week. haermm

I reserved it, but I reckon there will be plenty of copies here in Utah anyway.

Scythe
Prolly, I've logged 18 hour on it in about six months. Half of that this past week. The other half the first week. haermm

I reserved it, but I reckon there will be plenty of copies here in Utah anyway.

It sells really well. Have you preorders/thought about getting the new one coming out?

Pretty much, not many are goin' apeshit over this game, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of copies too.

Scythe
holy crap, heard this game might feature chatroom-like sessions with other players and the ability to sell and trade items with other players. That kinda sounds cool.

Scythe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBMFBDDaEQc&feature=related

Barker
Haermm am I the only one that picked this up today?

It's sorta fun so far, pretty much the basic GTA experience. I'm surprised at how good it some parts of it look (For a DS game - keep that in mind), but the character models are ugly. Haermm.

Also, there's no spoken dialogue or anything, which kind of blows. But a few missions in, it's alright.

Scythe

It's sorta fun so far, pretty much the basic GTA experience. I'm surprised at how good it some parts of it look (For a DS game - keep that in mind), but the character models are ugly. Haermm.

Also, there's no spoken dialogue or anything, which kind of blows. But a few missions in, it's alright.

I have mine preordered, it should get here soon. Maybe we can exhange codes and co-op sometime.

Barker
Yeah, for sure. If I ever get Wi-Fi working on my DS. haermm

Scythe
Cool, let me know.

Scythe
Just got this game, it's amazing. The graphics for it being a DS game are great.Played a few co-op missions, it was quite awesome, my friend code is: 000191659074

KingD19
If you expected anything more than music and pokemon noises in a DS, you set your standards too high, but it is an awesome game, but the character models do remind me of the Yakuza from GTA3.

Scythe
Yeah, pretty much. I expected the music in this game to sound the way it foes. The "being a cop" mini-game entertains me for hours, it's so sweet.

Kazenji
http://au.gamespot.com/news/6216254.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3

Peach

Have character models in a GTA game ever not been ugly? stick out tongue

Anyway, I still kind of want to play this.

S_D_J

I love the DS version... though I never finished it... and since is my brother's DS, I barely ever got time to use it.
I must say I'm impressed the DS can pull GTA as well as it does, I could go as far as to say it's the prettiest 3D DS game I played, and it's got the entire city on it, including the Statue of Happiness...big grin

but I'll definetly pick it up for PSP... I hope they add actual songs to the radio, I don't mind reading dialogue, it's still pretty well written.

Scythe

That's awesome. I loved the DS version, I still play it quite often.

I-Drop
Originally posted by S_D_J
but I'll definetly pick it up for PSP... I hope they add actual songs to the radio, I don't mind reading dialogue, it's still pretty well written. When is it coming out for the PSP?

S_D_J
October 20th

I-Drop
Thanx

Kazenji
PSP trailer

lyKkNmoAIT0

Scythe
Pretty cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.