Who could take Superman's moon-busting punch?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eel O'Brien
Contenders have to remain conscious to count.

Phase 1: Stand there and take it
Phase 2: Characters can block (or try to)

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9855/supesjlamx9.jpg

D_Dude1210
Classic Juggernaught

jalek moye
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Classic Juggernaught
why do people say classic juggernuat instead of just juggernuat. he isn't depowered anymore

UniOmni
Nobody, since such a punch hasn't been seen?

Or the one where he koed himself in the effort? Cuz that means he loses by default.

Nihilist
EGO

Spire
Sean Connery.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Nihilist
EGO Ego = brain dead

Silver Surfer be flying due to that impact, but can take it.

BTW what comic issue is that? I didn't start Trinity yet@!

Enyalus
Originally posted by vansonbee
BTW what comic issue is that? I didn't start Trinity yet@!

JLA v4 #30.

Uh, Superman basically did an IMP using Superman-level strength. Not a lot of people could take that blow (although as someone pointed out, he basically KO'd himself in the process.) Juggernaut does come to mind. Thanos. Gladiator. Possibly Surfer. In DC, I bet Doomsday could, and a well written Darkseid (IE, not Apokolips Now).

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by UniOmni

Or the one where he koed himself in the effort? Cuz that means he loses by default.

So you think that ramming into a person would have the same effect on Supes as hitting an 81 billion ton moon?

fangirl101

Or the one where he koed himself in the effort? Cuz that means he loses by default. he ran into a dark moon correct? Something that was more than a moon.

Naija boy
Silver surfer,Thanos,Juggernaut,thor,Gladiator etc

KingD19
Champion, Imperiex, Black Adam, Marvel(Keeper of the Rock), a few others.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

Phase 2: Characters can block (or try to)

Kinda looks like somehting Glads did except... he wasn't KOed and sustained no injuries. smile

Naija boy
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Kinda looks like somehting Glads did except... he wasn't KOed and sustained no injuries. smile

Seemingly though his was more of ramming the moon while glads straight up punched his.

Kris Blaze
The list is long.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Uh, Superman basically did an IMP using Superman-level strength. His speed was only approaching c. That said, Supes had not attained 'infinite mass' - thus, he didn't preform a 'true' IMP. If he had, he should of passed right through the moon without so much as slowing down. Technically.

Still pretty cool to know that Supes certainly has the potential to dish out a 'true' IMP - and without any sort of plot devices (ie. the speed force, and such.)

Juggernaut does come to mind. Thanos. Gladiator. Possibly Surfer. In DC, I bet Doomsday could, and a well written Darkseid (IE, not Apokolips Now). thumb up

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Naija boy
Seemingly though his was more of ramming the moon while glads straight up punched his.

YEah I wanted to be nice wink laughing

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
His speed was only approaching c. That said, Supes had not attained 'infinite mass' - thus, he didn't preform a 'true' IMP. If he had, he'd of passed right through the moon without so much as slowing down. Technically.

Still pretty cool to know that Supes certainly has the potential to dish out a 'true' IMP - and without any sort of plot devices (ie. the speed force, and such.)

thumb up An imp you do only approach c.

Bentley
Bunch of people should be able to take that, at least in herald levels.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
An imp you do only approach c. You're right. I'd forgotten that the "infinite mass punch" was nothing more than an asinine title, jam packed with hyperbole. There is nothing "infinite" about that punch at all.

It should just be called an "increasing mass punch."

UniOmni
Originally posted by fangirl101
he ran into a dark moon correct? Something that was more than a moon.

In what way?

If the shadow moon was to the regular moon, what the shadow league was to the real league, it was likely a lesser construct, since Icon put his down with a blast, Flash outran his, and superman one shotted his.

If you wanna be technical, everything points to it being a weaker moon, if that makes sense, and Superman still put himself to sleep destroying it.

Juntai
In what way?

If the shadow moon was to the regular moon, what the shadow league was to the real league, it was likely a lesser construct, since Icon put his down with a blast, Flash outran his, and superman one shotted his.

If you wanna be technical, everything points to it being a weaker moon, if that makes sense, and Superman still put himself to sleep destroying it. Besides the fact he did a similar feat in the Lex 2000 Special, to one of Saturns moons, and was unscathed?

Raoul
superman being ko'd was a low showing, imo.

james2099
He flew into a moon and KOED himself???? Where did it say he punched the moon? Anyways, too many people to list.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Raoul
superman being ko'd was a low showing, imo. it was not a real moon. It of. Course had it beem a real moon he would have just passed thru it.

Raoul
Originally posted by fangirl101
it was not a real moon. It of. Course had it beem a real moon he would have just passed thru it.

it had a mass of 62 billion tons. our moon dwarfs that. unless im misunderstanding you...

KingD19
Champion destroyed a planet without flying, he just jumped reaaaaaaaly high and punched it when he fell down.

Enyalus
You're right. I'd forgotten that the "infinite mass punch" was nothing more than an asinine title, jam packed with hyperbole. There is nothing "infinite" about that punch at all.

Well, Mindset's right. When Flash does an IMP, he approaches light speed and approaches infinite mass...he doesn't actually have infinite mass.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_IMP1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_IMP2.jpg

superman being ko'd was a low showing, imo.

Well of course, it's McDuffie. I think that according to McDuffie, we sort of know Superman's strength limit from that. Somewhere less than 81 billion tons. One reason I say this is because if he could have simply pushed against it and moved it away from the Earth, it would've been much safer than simply slamming into it and blowing it up. Everyone knew it was dangerous, because if he was off even a little bit, large pieces would slam into the Earth and destroy it anyway. Causing Kal to say he'd eyeball it. So like I said, if he could've just moved it using strength, I think he would have. But again, this is all according to McDuffie....

Which is why I qualified that statement. Just for you, Raoul.

Raoul
Well of course, it's McDuffie. I think that according to McDuffie, we sort of know Superman's strength limit from that. Somewhere less than 81 billion tons. One reason I say this is because if he could have simply pushed against it and moved it away from the Earth, it would've been much safer than simply slamming into it and blowing it up. Everyone knew it was dangerous, because if he was off even a little bit, large pieces would slam into the Earth and destroy it anyway. Causing Kal to say he'd eyeball it. So like I said, if he could've just moved it using strength, I think he would have. But again, this is all according to McDuffie....

Which is why I qualified that statement. Just for you, Raoul.

someone needs to sort him out. it doesn't bother me that much that he's messing with superman, as there'll always be action or one of his other books, but kimiyo hoshi? NO. oh hell no. NO.

Enyalus
someone needs to sort him out. it doesn't bother me that much that he's messing with superman, as there'll always be action or one of his other books, but kimiyo hoshi? NO. oh hell no. NO.

What's wrong with her current portrayal? I don't know much about her besides the fact that she was a complete b*tch in COIE and she seems like a complete b*tch currently. lol

Raoul
What's wrong with her current portrayal? I don't know much about her besides the fact that she was a complete b*tch in COIE and she seems like a complete b*tch currently. lol

that i don't trust mcduffie given his track record.

she was arrogant, but during her jla (jli) run it was at least expanded upon by giffen and dematteis. there was a reason to her attitude. she actually became likeable.

Naija boy
62 billion tons? That moon seems to be the size of a mountain range. And superman getting koed by it? Not one of his better feats if u ask me.

Enyalus
62 billion tons? That moon seems to be the size of a mountain range. And superman getting koed by it? Not one of his better feats if u ask me.

Raoul misspoke. It was 81 billion tons.

Naija boy
Raoul misspoke. It was 81 billion tons.

Ah i see, still not much of a difference.

Enyalus
Ah i see, still not much of a difference.

No kidding, man. I mean, I bench 19 billion tons with three fingers.

Naija boy
No kidding, man. I mean, I bench 19 billion tons with three fingers.

Amateur. I use one(my pinky)

Galan007
Well, Mindset's right. When Flash does an IMP, he approaches light speed and approaches infinite mass...he doesn't actually have infinite mass. Yeah, I realized that - which is why I replied to his post with:Originally posted by Galan007
You're right. I'd forgotten that the "infinite mass punch" was nothing more than an asinine title, jam packed with hyperbole. There is nothing "infinite" about that punch at all.

Enyalus
Yeah, I realized that - which is why I replied to his post with:

I thought that was really thick sarcasm lol.

My bad.

Galan007
I thought that was really thick sarcasm lol.

My bad. Ohh lol, not at all. I was absolutely serious

TricksterPriest
I should explain that it was actually a moon made out of energy, dark matter or something like that.

Thus, the explosion was bigger than a normal moon's would be.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I should explain that it was actually a moon made out of energy, dark matter or something like that.

Thus, the explosion was bigger than a normal moon's would be.

The explosion, maybe...but they clearly state in the issue it was a perfect shadow copy of our moon.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

Phase 2: Characters can block (or try to) I've been out of the Superman game for awhile but what issue is that?

Enyalus
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I've been out of the Superman game for awhile but what issue is that?
JLA v4 #30.

Uh, Superman basically did an IMP using Superman-level strength. Not a lot of people could take that blow (although as someone pointed out, he basically KO'd himself in the process.) Juggernaut does come to mind. Thanos. Gladiator. Possibly Surfer. In DC, I bet Doomsday could, and a well written Darkseid (IE, not Apokolips Now).

Galan007
He just asked for an issue # Eny, not a damn synopsis of the story/main event.

Don't be an attention whore. uhuh

shokosugi
Chuck Norris
Steven Seagal
Van Damme
Sylvester Stallone (Rocky)

Badabing
Originally posted by shokosugi
Chuck Norris
Steven Seagal
Van Damme
Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) mmm, there may be hope for you yet.

stick out tongue

complexbrother
Aquarian

http://www.dragonhero.com/graphics/marvel2/aquarian.jpg
Exposure to cosmic rays granted superhuman powers to Wundarr, and radiation from the Earth's sun causes all Dakkamites to undergo further mutagenic effects.

Initially, Wundarr could absorb energy directly into his body. This energy was converted into kinetic energy which could be used to increase his physical strength (allowing him to bench up to 15 tons), in leaping, or in energy projection. To keep him from building up more energy than his body could handle, Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four built him a suit that would allow him to "drain" the energy in his body.

After the exposure to the energies of the Cosmic Cube, the Aquarian's body generated a field around his body that nullified nearly all forms of energy (kinetic, electrical, magnetic, gamma, gravitational, etc.) that are higher than a certain preset level, which he calls his "null field". For example, a bullet contains a level of kinetic energy higher than what his Null field will allow for, so once the bullet enters his field, its energy is nullified. His own body is subject to this field, and he cannot move any faster than it will allow. This field naturally resides five feet from his body, and he cannot disable it; it is active at all times regardless of whether he is conscious or not. With concentration, however, he can contract this field to within five inches (127 mm) , or expand it to 500 feet (150 m).

KingD19
So what you're saying is, whenever something comes into the field, it's robbed of whatever energy it's using? So a bullet would basically fall since all the kinetic energy giving it momentum would cease?

shokosugi
Originally posted by Badabing
mmm, there may be hope for you yet.

stick out tongue

laughing

Enyalus
Originally posted by shokosugi
Chuck Norris
Steven Seagal
Van Damme
Sylvester Stallone (Rocky)

Man, van Damme curled up on the floor of a night club when a bouncer threatened to deck him in the face...

...The rest of your list, A+.

He just asked for an issue # Eny, not a damn synopsis of the story/main event.

Don't be an attention whore. uhuh

You know, sometimes I love you and sometimes I hate you...do they allow gay marriage where you live?

Galan007
You know, sometimes I love you and sometimes I hate you...do they allow gay marriage where you live? Marriage is only what you make it. wink

Badabing
Man, van Damme curled up on the floor of a night club when a bouncer threatened to deck him in the face...

...The rest of your list, A+.

You know, sometimes I love you and sometimes I hate you...do they allow gay marriage where you live? Raoul shot you down and you're already whoring yourself out again.

Warned for sexual harassment....again. erm

badawe

Let's get back to the topic though.

Raoul
van damme > enyalus.

Enyalus
Raoul shot you down and you're already whoring yourself out again.

Warned for sexual harassment....again. erm

Do I sense jealousy, Bada? stick out tongue

Let's get back to the topic though.

Do would you put on that list? Besides Batman.

OneDumbG0
superman being ko'd was a low showing, imo. I don't think it was a low showing at all. In terms of those who've either smashed into moon/planet size objects, I can think of several characters that were knocked out: 1) Beta Ray Bill smashing through the core of a random planet (k.o.ed briefly), 2) Stardust (same), 3) classic Silver Surfer smashing through Paradise Omega's Moon in Infinity War (k.o.ed), 4) pre-Sinestro Corps Henshaw on Biot (nearly destroyed), etc.

Hulk smashing into an asteroid twice the size of Earth and current Surfer standing in the middle of a planetary explosion during Annihilation are the only ones I can remember off the top of my heads that weren't knocked unconscious by these sorts of impacts. I don't see what's so low about that showing.

complexbrother
Originally posted by KingD19
So what you're saying is, whenever something comes into the field, it's robbed of whatever energy it's using? So a bullet would basically fall since all the kinetic energy giving it momentum would cease?

absolutly correct. and by definition, Superman's punch also.

Naija boy
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I don't think it was a low showing at all. In terms of those who've either smashed into moon/planet size objects, I can think of several characters that were knocked out: 1) Beta Ray Bill smashing through the core of a random planet (k.o.ed briefly), 2) Stardust (same), 3) classic Silver Surfer smashing through Paradise Omega's Moon in Infinity War (k.o.ed), 4) pre-Sinestro Corps Henshaw on Biot (nearly destroyed), etc.

Hulk smashing into an asteroid twice the size of Earth and current Surfer standing in the middle of a planetary explosion during Annihilation are the only ones I can remember off the top of my heads that weren't knocked unconscious by these sorts of impacts. I don't see what's so low about that showing.

Actually when BRB smashed that planet he wasnt koed.

KingD19
I think they're saying because it Superman, and he got knocked unconscious made it a low showing. Although destroying a moon made of Dark Matter is a pretty high showing in and of itself, whether you were ko'd or not.

Raoul
I don't think it was a low showing at all. In terms of those who've either smashed into moon/planet size objects, I can think of several characters that were knocked out: 1) Beta Ray Bill smashing through the core of a random planet (k.o.ed briefly), 2) Stardust (same), 3) classic Silver Surfer smashing through Paradise Omega's Moon in Infinity War (k.o.ed), 4) pre-Sinestro Corps Henshaw on Biot (nearly destroyed), etc.

he's taken worse. the planet/supernova in the brainiac arc, the red sun thing in action a while back, the claw of horus, etc.

unless this shadow moon had some specific type of harmful energy...

Enyalus
Actually when BRB smashed that planet he wasnt koed.

Exiles Surfer smashed through a planet unphased. cool

I love that arc.

KingD19
Originally posted by complexbrother
absolutly correct. and by definition, Superman's punch also.

Ahhh, Superman's punch would connect, but have no force behind it. Awesome, Aquarian is one of the most powerful defensive characters in existence then.

KingD19
Champion just hit the planet and it blew up. ^_^

OneDumbG0
Actually when BRB smashed that planet he wasnt koed. I'm wrong on two accounts, I forgot to mention that Beta Ray Bill was alright after smashing a planet when he impaled Stardust with his staff:

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/3359/stormbreaker0307vk3.jpg
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2520/stormbreaker0308io5.jpg
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/305/stormbreaker0309dg2.jpg

Then after struggling against a blackhole and Asteroth, he was still strong enough to smash through another planet's core and survive it blowing up after. Yea... it's arguable he wasn't knocked out. He is kinda talking in the very next panel... Damn. Forgot how sick that fight was...

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7059/stormbreaker413ov7.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4829/stormbreaker41415fl8.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1236/stormbreaker41617ln0.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5586/stormbreaker418jo7.jpg
he's taken worse. the planet/supernova in the brainiac arc, the red sun thing in action a while back, the claw of horus, etc.

unless this shadow moon had some specific type of harmful energy... Scans of the former? How come I can't remember... Also, I've always considered his Red Sun-Eater nova as him being carried by the initial shockwave and never taking the brunt of the explosion. Kinda like a beercan riding a wave, up to the point the beercan is saved by it's Pa in a spaceship. stick out tongue

Naija boy
Exiles Surfer smashed through a planet unphased. cool

I love that arc.

True. The best part was the stopping of a fully confident gladiators punch and splitting him in half.

Raoul
I'm wrong on two accounts, I forgot to mention that Beta Ray Bill was alright after smashing a planet when he impaled Stardust with his staff:

Then after struggling against a blackhole and Asteroth, he was still strong enough to smash through another planet's core and survive it blowing up after. Yea... it's arguable he wasn't knocked out. He is kinda talking in the very next panel... Damn. Forgot how sick that fight was...

Scans of the former? How come I can't remember... Also, I've always considered his Red Sun-Eater nova as him being carried by the initial shockwave and never taking the brunt of the explosion. Kinda like a beercan riding a wave, up to the point the beercan is saved by it's Pa in a spaceship. stick out tongue

sure:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Action867-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Action867-2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Action867-3.jpg

besides, 81 billion tons? our moon is in the quintillions, iirc.

Naija boy
I'm wrong on two accounts, I forgot to mention that Beta Ray Bill was alright after smashing a planet when he impaled Stardust with his staff:

another great fight. And yeah I dont think Bill was koed in the second planet smashing instance. Just dazed

OneDumbG0
^ Makes sense.
sure:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Action867-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Action867-2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Action867-3.jpg

besides, 81 billion tons? our moon is in the quintillions, iirc. Ummm... he's knocked out there. Thought we were trying to figure out feats where people weren't knocked out.

KingD19
Yeah, in my opinion, Bill was dazed enough to revert back to his normal Korbinite form, but not enough to be knocked unconscious. ZBy the way, does anybody know why BRB sounded like Sean Connery in the Silver Surfer cartoon?

Raoul
^ Makes sense.
Ummm... he's knocked out there. Thought we were trying to figure out feats where people weren't knocked out.

not the point. stick out tongue

if an 81 billion ton moon can hurt him enough to cause unconsciousness, a supernova/planet exploding should kill or severely injure him. it didn't. and this was after travelling through space for an undetermind amount of time.

also, claw of horus, superman says he took a dive.

kgkg
Yeah, in my opinion, Bill was dazed enough to revert back to his normal Korbinite form, but not enough to be knocked unconscious. ZBy the way, does anybody know why BRB sounded like Sean Connery in the Silver Surfer cartoon? I loved that Silver Surfer Cartoon was so much better than other marvel toons

Mekrob

if an 81 billion ton moon can hurt him enough to cause unconsciousness, a supernova/planet exploding should kill or severely injure him. it didn't. and this was after travelling through space for an undetermind amount of time.

also, claw of horus, superman says he took a dive. Actually, going by an old thread, Superman should be able to laugh off the supernova and be able to come out being super powered up...

Raoul
Originally posted by Mekrob
Actually, going by an old thread, Superman should be able to laugh off the supernova and be able to come out being super powered up...

i think i know what thread you're talking about... and no. uhuh

KingD19
You're right krob, since going supernova would include untold amounts of solar light and energy, he should be super charged.

OneDumbG0

also, claw of horus, superman says he took a dive. Meh. I don't quite see it that way. Smashing planets/moons physically is different from getting blown away by explosions, even those as big as a supernova. Annihilus w/Quantum Bands only lost his amp from Galactus' destruction wave. And yet, that was far more than a simple supernova since it destroyed several star systems at least. As I mentioned before, taking the brunt of a blast and being carried away by a blast are different things.

BTW, Gary Frank = pwnage. Fugging didn't get that comic, but got the rest. Was always wondering how Superman ended up inside Braniac's ship...
Actually, going by an old thread, Superman should be able to laugh off the supernova and be able to come out being super powered up... laughing out loud

Enyalus
For anyone interesting, I tried to figure it out. The mass of Earth's moon is 73,000,000,000,000,000,000 metric tons. Whatever that number is. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Mekrob
You should have just Googled it...

psycho gundam
Yeah, in my opinion, Bill was dazed enough to revert back to his normal Korbinite form, but not enough to be knocked unconscious. ZBy the way, does anybody know why BRB sounded like Sean Connery in the Silver Surfer cartoon? the only thing that happened to beta ray was his costume being torn, he was obviously still himself because he was holding storm breaker, and when he transforms he transforms into a human, and it's by will not from being rendered unconscious.

he was fine after the explosion.

Enyalus
You should have just Googled it...

I don't trust Google. Where do they get their info from? erm

...Unless Trick works for them.

Mekrob
I don't trust Google. Where do they get their info from? erm

...Unless Trick works for them. Respect threads?

KingD19
You're right now that I look at it again.

Badabing
For anyone interesting, I tried to figure it out. The mass of Earth's moon is 73,000,000,000,000,000,000 metric tons. Whatever that number is. Unless I'm doing something wrong. http://www.jimloy.com/math/billion.htm

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the only thing that happened to beta ray was his costume being torn, he was obviously still himself because he was holding storm breaker, and when he transforms he transforms into a human, and it's by will not from being rendered unconscious. He doesn't transform into a human when he reverts his form, just a normal Korbinite before all the enhancements that turned him into a horse-looking guy. But I think that's what you meant anyway. It was Odin's gift to him when Beta Ray Bill first left Asgard because his own people shunned him for his appearance after all the enhancements.

But yeah. Beta Ray Bill takes smashing a planet just fine the first time. And then he gets dazed by being smashed through another planet (bigger than the first) by Asteroth/Stardust. Sick.

Enyalus
http://www.jimloy.com/math/billion.htm

Well damn. Raoul was right when he said quintillion.

Raoul
Meh. I don't quite see it that way.

shame on you. uhuh

also, we could make the argument that a supernova should kill superman, so surviving one is a big deal.

Well damn. Raoul was right when he said quintillion.

f*ckin A.

Mekrob
shame on you. uhuh

also, we could make the argument that a supernova should kill superman, so surviving one is a big deal.
Surfer survived one in his first appearance. smile

EDIT: He wasn't KO'ed.

kgkg
shame on you. uhuh

If Surfer can survive am sure superman can to

skygunner41
shame on you. uhuh

f*ckin A.

Anyone had an opinion, wherever is right or wrong is just a matter of different perspective.

Naija boy
Originally posted by kgkg

Whats that supposed to mean? mad

Enyalus
f*ckin A.

I dislike McDuffie, too, now. Dumbass can't do basic fact checking before he writes his shit.

OneDumbG0
shame on you. uhuh

also, we could make the argument that a supernova should kill superman, so surviving one is a big deal.hypocrite Meh. Apparently all you need is Quantum Bands to survive a blast that destroys several star systems. I don't think Quasar would easily take busting a planet or easily take standing inside a planet's core when it explodes. Like I shall continue to posit, riding the shockwave is different from taking the brunt. Kinda like if a grenade blows up in your pocket or 10 feet away from you. Big difference.

Raoul
Surfer survived one in his first appearance. smile

EDIT: He wasn't KO'ed.

laughing out loud

that's not my point. i'm saying a supernova should do more damage to superman because he's superman and how his powers work.

I dislike McDuffie, too, now. Dumbass can't do basic fact checking before he writes his shit.

even i was surprised at that one...

hypocrite Meh. Apparently all you need is Quantum Bands to survive a blast that destroys several star systems. I don't think Quasar would easily take busting a planet or easily take standing inside a planet's core when it explodes. Like I shall continue to posit, riding the shockwave is different from taking the brunt. Kinda like if a grenade blows up in your pocket or 10 feet away from you. Big difference.

i'm glad we don't agree, then... stick out tongue

psycho gundam
Well damn. Raoul was right when he said quintillion. sure, but was the comic written with the american imperial system in mind or metric? cause a tonne is 1000 kilograms (1 kilo = 2.2 lbs) and an imperial ton is 2000 lbs. there is a difference, especially with the large weights we're dealing with.

Enyalus
sure, but was the comic written with the american imperial system in mind or metric? cause a tonne is 1000 kilograms (1 kilo = 2.2 lbs) and an imperial ton is 2000 lbs. there is a difference, especially with the large weights we're dealing with.

You just hurt my head, damn you.

psycho gundam
that's not my point. i'm saying a supernova should do more damage to superman because he's superman and how his powers work.

but you do know that the sun going nova isn't the same sun that gives superman his powers right? yellow phase stars don't go nova, and they release different particles/radiation than what superman needs to function.

sorry raoul, i quted the wrong post ^-^ it's for what you responded to.

OneDumbG0
i'm glad we don't agree, then... stick out tongue uhuh

kgkg
Whats that supposed to mean? mad My bad Surfer is one of the most powerful in the multiverse cool

on the serious note I think Surfer and Superman have similar durability where surfer has better feat in cosmic terms ie Stars , Black Hole , Novas and superman is in general a beast

Raoul
but you do know that the sun going nova isn't the same sun that gives superman his powers right? yellow phase stars don't go nova, and they release different particles/radiation than what superman needs to function.

sorry raoul, i quted the wrong post ^-^ it's for what you responded to.

lol, ok then...

Naija boy
My bad Surfer is one of the most powerful in the multiverse cool

on the serious note I think Surfer and Superman have similar durability where surfer has better feat in cosmic terms ie Stars , Black Hole , Novas and superman is in general a beast

thumb up

UKR
The Silver Surfer once got shot with a beam that could destroy a planet, without effect (I saw the scans). I doubt Superman destroying a very small moon (and KO'ing himself in the process) will do anything whatsoever.

Endless Mike
PC Validus blocks it with one finger

The Nuul

f*ckin A.

Its f*ckin EH! you Noob....if you are coming to Canada you better get it right!

Raoul
Originally posted by The Nuul
Its f*ckin EH! you Noob....if you are coming to Canada you better get it right!

kevin smith disagrees.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.