You in Ironman armor run a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
You get Ironman armor + plenty of time to learn how to controle it and how to use its weapons. All the fights take place in NY.

1) Kraven the Hunter
2) Daredevil
3) Blade
4) Spider-man
5) Wolverine
6) Green Goblin - Norman Osborn (on glider)
7) War Machine

How far do you get?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by SamZED
You get Ironman armor + plenty of time to learn how to controle it and how to use its weapons. All the fights take place in NY.

1) Kraven the Hunter
2) Daredevil
3) Blade
4) Spider-man
5) Wolverine
7) War Machine

How far do you get?

1-5 easy i would not even land to fight them just rain blast from above.

6 will give me trouble but i could win

7 he hands me my metal @$$

Tattoos N Scars
I would clear it...cause I'm just that damn good!!!

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I wouldn't clear it...cause I'm just not that damn good!!!

I fixed it for you stick out tongue j/k

spetznaz
I, as well as any KMCer, would be able to make his/her way through ....until we met up with WarMachine, at which point we would be thoroughly devastated.

No 1-6 would be easy ....unless you are one of those KMCers who believe fights have to be linear (e.g., those who would decide to go and exchange blows with Spiderman, or face off face to face with Wolverine, or any one of a number of really stupid and unnecessary actions some would take ....based on the way some post. E.g., believing that in a KMC battle a character like Superman would walk over to a character like the Hulk, and start exchanging punches like two rabid fools under an Alabama sun!)

Thus, any KMCer with sufficient intellect could EASILY pass by numbers 1-6 ....some would be taken down by a simple repulsor blast, others would be taken down by flying several thousand feet in the air and just going Old Testament while safely out of reach.

However, War Machine would be better than any KMCer would be (Rhodes is a cyborg now anyways, and his offensive output could only be matched by an Extremis-imbued KMCer that has meshed with the suit, enabling obtuse-type attacks and high-speed engagement ...and even then the sheer power of WM may be too much). War Machine would be better than any KMCer, and none of us would be able to pass by him.

Now, obviously those who think that the only way to fight is linear (e.g. the ones who think the only way Thor can fight the Hulk is by walking up to him, and then hitting him with a hammer for endless panels ....rather than using the mighty magic that is Mjolnir to rip apart dimensional breaches and take the one-dimensional Hulk to the depths of the River Styx) would obviously find themselves decapitated by Wolvies claws, or some other equally silly (and totally unnecessary) demise.

However, any KMCer with 2 times the brains of Wolverine777 (old school posters know what I am talking about) should be able to make it to War Machine, at which point they get blasted into their constituent atoms.

Scuzz2.0
i could prob get to 4, but spidey would kick my ass!
whooping the goblin would be easier

shiv
I'd send an empty suit packed with a nuke and rigged to xplode and
shut down War Machine

spetznaz
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
i could prob get to 4, but spidey would kick my ass!
whooping the goblin would be easier

Why would it be hard.

Just take off, fly to anything above 10,000 feet (you could even go much much higher, maybe even sub-orbital if that yanks your chain ....get to see the curvature of the Earth and take some cool pictures while way up), locate Parker using your sensor array (with satellite help), and just do a wide-area saturation attack!

Sure, Spidey's senses will be blaring like heck, but he wouldn't be able to escape a wide area attack ....he'd have to have, at the very least, QuickSilver level of speed in addition to the Spidey-sense. The Spidey-sense alone would simply tell him hell is about to descend on him from above, but he wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

The only way a character like Spiderman would bother IronMan (or a KMCer in an IronMan suit who is trained in its proper use) would be if the person in the suit thought that the only way to handle the fight would be to land, walk/hover up to Spiderman, and engage in a 2-dimensional fight.

Again, the same type of reasoning that has some posters thinking the Hulk is a threat to Superman, or that Wolverine is a threat to Thor. In a KMC type of battle (as opposed to PIS/CIS comic-book silly-type battles where people pound on each other like fools), a lot of the fights wouldn't be fights at all, and they wouldn't last more than 2 panels (3 if I am being generous). It's just that it's boring (e.g. every Flash comic would consist of only 5 panels ....4 describing what is happening before the fight, and one huge spread showing the Flash saving the world while browning toast).

Spiderman should not be a threat ....unless, ofcourse, one fights in a manner that is not exactly clever (to put it politely).

Bouboumaster
I stomp everyone of 1 to 6 at the same time and bfr myself at 7.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I stomp everyone of 1 to 6 at the same time and bfr myself at 7.

Yeah... Me to I wouldn't want to fight War Machine messed

Scuzz2.0
i know spidey could not threaten iron man but im not iron man! i would give him the edge due to speed and his spidey sense! and people keep forgetting parker is a genius! that wouldnt mean anything against tony since he is even smarter! i however am not a genius therefor i would most likely lose

spetznaz
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
i know spidey could not threaten iron man but im not iron man! i would give him the edge due to speed and his spidey sense! and people keep forgetting parker is a genius! that wouldnt mean anything against tony since he is even smarter! i however am not a genius therefor i would most likely lose
I like the fact you are genuine.

The thing is, as smart as Parker might be, what would he do if were sub-orbital (or even far less high than that ....say only 15,000 feet)?

Parker could only be a problem if you landed and decided to engage him face to face, in which case he could run circles around you.

Thing is ....you do NOT have to take that strategy.

Anyways, the only threat here is War Machine, and that is a threat no KMCer would be able to surmount.

Every one else could be easily (yes, easily) handled. Remember what the suit is able to do, and the fact that the OP stated that you get sufficient time to know how to control it and use its weapons.

I really see no reason to fight the way Spiderman would want you to fight ....it would be like Dr Strange deciding to use martial arts (which he is very good at) against some opponent, when he could simply make a gesture and turn the opponent into a cicada!

Why fight the way your opponent would want you to, rather than fighting the way that would give you optimal advantage.

It would be like American Apache helicopter pilots flying over Fallujah landing their gunships, getting out of their copters, grabbing M-4 rifles, and heading forth to fight the Jihadis in the streets door to door.

Sure, they could do that ....but why would they unless they were completely and ridiculously insane!

Simply fly above the range of the AK-47 rounds from the Jihadi, and just light them up with Hellfire missiles and Hydra rockets, then go back hope and brag about who had the best gun camera views from the 'fight.'

Warrior18
I love your posts man. big grin

Blair Wind
I agree with Spetz, however if we get to take our own comic knowledge with us, I know how Rhodes fights. I could technically use that to my advantage. That plus being the Ironman fan that I am, I would have that much more knowledge (not experience but knowledge) on what the suit can and cannot do.

Especially if we get the Extremis upgrade. Ill fight him with long range attacks (pulse bolts and full body repulsar rays), and whatever arsenal I can crush him with, while my real efforts are in controlling his armor.

I'm not saying I would win, but if we truly get experience with the armor, you cannot say not ONE KMCer would win in a fight against WM.

Rhinoceros
I don't think Wolverine can even be considered a threat:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/madspits/BlackPantherironman4.jpg

rotiart
Originally posted by DarkOdin
1-5 easy i would not even land to fight them just rain blast from above.

6 will give me trouble but i could win

7 he hands me my metal @$$

I find this to be reasonable. Although spiderman would not be a cakewalk.

Btw the reason most heroes don't go orbital is because of collateral damage. Raining repulsir blasts from the sky is just not safe. Plus against a brick it would do little damage as the initial blast would lose it's inertia and damage levels the further it traveled from it's source. It's losing energy along the way. Also a villain is likely to atyck civilians while I float harmlessly above.

In the arizona desert. Sure. I go orbital. In new York city. I keep close quarters.
You act as the damage soak for the city and the people.

War machine rapes me.

Warrior18
Originally posted by rotiart

War machine rapes me.

.....and I bet you enjoy it. no expression

stick out tongue

SamZED
^Ouch! stick out tongue

Eel O'Brien
Probably further than Tony Stark, but not as far as Tattoos N Scars

shokosugi
i would clear it.

DarkOdin
I find this to be reasonable. Although spiderman would not be a cakewalk.

Btw the reason most heroes don't go orbital is because of collateral damage. Raining repulsir blasts from the sky is just not safe. Plus against a brick it would do little damage as the initial blast would lose it's inertia and damage levels the further it traveled from it's source. It's losing energy along the way. Also a villain is likely to atyck civilians while I float harmlessly above.

In the arizona desert. Sure. I go orbital. In new York city. I keep close quarters.
You act as the damage soak for the city and the people.

War machine rapes me.

i hear what you are saying but i would not go orbital i would stay up higher then they could reach they would have to avoid my attacks or saty further away on the ground.

Also he said NY not nyc big diffence if it was nyc i would bring the fight to the park or the docks either way.

spetznaz
Plus against a brick it would do little damage as the initial blast would lose it's inertia and damage levels the further it traveled from it's source. It's losing energy along the way.

Actually one type of repulsor bolt (the pulse-bolt) is similar to the effect that Steel's hammer has ....as in, the FURTHER it travels the more force it gets along the way, and the more energy it can release once it hits its terminal destination.

Thus, it would do more damage, since the 'initial blast would be gaining more inertia and damage levels the further it traveled from its source. It's gaining energy along the way. '

Doctor-Alvis
I think I would clear it because, using my outdated knowledge, Iron Man can shut off War Machine's armor.
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
I don't think Wolverine can even be considered a threat:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/madspits/BlackPantherironman4.jpg
Without Panther there to disable your suit, no, he wouldn't be much of a threat.

Raoul
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I agree with Spetz, however if we get to take our own comic knowledge with us, I know how Rhodes fights. I could technically use that to my advantage. That plus being the Ironman fan that I am, I would have that much more knowledge (not experience but knowledge) on what the suit can and cannot do.

Especially if we get the Extremis upgrade. Ill fight him with long range attacks (pulse bolts and full body repulsar rays), and whatever arsenal I can crush him with, while my real efforts are in controlling his armor.

I'm not saying I would win, but if we truly get experience with the armor, you cannot say not ONE KMCer would win in a fight against WM.

i agree. i read an obscene amount of war machine comics when i was younger, so i'd at least have some idea, and given enough pratice, should be at the very least able to give rhodes a fight, especially with practice using the suit...

besides, the rest of this gauntlet would be piss easy for anyone who knows not to try and slug it out with his/her opponents...

kgkg
people give themselves to much credit Rhodes kicks my ass

cmack
i would be really tempted to slug it out with wolverine, i dont think i would be able to help myself but if i did manage to beat him, i would lose to war machine by bfr

rotiart
I can understand why someone would think steels hammer gets stronger with distance. work vs force over distance passing the inital point of inertia where the momentum of the object is simply being continuously added to by the propulsion system behind it... But if you were to shut off the propulsion the hammer would eventually lose it's force and it's work would decrease over the distance travelled over time.

any repulsir blast. Even a pulse bolt has to have started with an initial energy source and the work involved would decrease over the distance since there would be less propulsion.

Damn comics. The science can't make any sense. Headache!!
Oh. I was simply providing an argument, devils advocate, for why heroes go fist to fist rather than applying over tech/magic.

Also the problem for say stark could be his repulsirs would do little to say the hulk who between his near invuln and godlike healing would shrug off most blasts.

Btw. War machine rapes me.
Warrior18 is right I would like it.
Cause once you go black, you don't go back!! eek!

The Heap
In Iron Man armor?

I'd probably get up to Wolverine, I think.

spetznaz
I can understand why someone would think steels hammer gets stronger with distance. work vs force over distance passing the inital point of inertia where the momentum of the object is simply being continuously added to by the propulsion system behind it... But if you were to shut off the propulsion the hammer would eventually lose it's force and it's work would decrease over the distance travelled over time.

any repulsir blast. Even a pulse bolt has to have started with an initial energy source and the work involved would decrease over the distance since there would be less propulsion.

Damn comics. The science can't make any sense. Headache!!
Oh. I was simply providing an argument, devils advocate, for why heroes go fist to fist rather than applying over tech/magic.

Also the problem for say stark could be his repulsirs would do little to say the hulk who between his near invuln and godlike healing would shrug off most blasts.

I do understand where you are coming from, and for darn sure comic-'science' (and using the term 'science' is serious level stretching) really pushes things way too far into Lala land. Thus no disagreement there.

It is particularly hard for me since I strive to use logic when I post (I guess it seems I pop up in 6 month cycles for the last several years ....like a darn weed whose roots never die). I try to structure my posts logically, trying to format them in a cogent manner that would be applicable if the characters were real (as I once told someone years ago, being able to argue why one spandex wearing drawing can beat another techni-colored drawing, is able to hone my skills to arguing for why my financial plan is more appropos than another's asset allocation).

Going to Steel's hammer ...that is part of comic science. It is not an intepretation or belief ....it is clearly one of the abilities of his hammer. The way he made it enables it to increase its kinetic energy (be it by graviton manipulation or whatever) the further it goes. Thus I was not thinking that it hits harder as it travels ....that is actually one of the main abilities of his hammer, in that the further it travels the more imbued it gets with kinetic energy, thus being able to hit harder the further it travels.

Would that happen in the real world? Well, there are all sorts of counterposing forces, for instance friction. There would also be a need for some sort of propulsion system, and once it ran out the hammer would slow (or if it is large enough not to run out, it would mean a greater friction coefficient, which starts to have serious increases the larger you are and the faster you go. Take the Bugatti Veyron ...to get that extra 100mph from 130mph to 230 mph requires an extrapolated increase in horse power). Well, that's real world.

In comics, it is simply stated that the further the hammer travels, the more kinetic energy it has, and it hits harder the further it goes.

No thinking there.

Same thing with Iron Man. His normal repulsors are one thing, but Pulse Bolts are (again) stated to increase in energy potential the further they travel. It is not my intepretation, but something that has been stated.

It is quite frustrating sometimes ....for instance, how Cyclops can emit concussive energy from his eyes, etc etc etc. There were some books a couple of years back (I believe 'Science of the Xmen') that did a good job trying to apply (mostly) theoretical physics, and they actually did a good job.

But at the end of the day ....comic book science is something that came up from the weird minds of people like Stan Lee (did they ever go to school? Just kidding), and thus the best thing to do is just to enjoy it.

As for 'once you go black '.....well, I am black, and I can assure you it is all very very true.

They NEVER go back!

evil face

Thanks for the response.

tjcoady
In Tony's Extremis armor, with Extremis tech in my system?

And the OP just says "plenty of time."

So yeah, I guess if I take like, twenty years and then just overrode the cyborg parts of Rhodey, I could win this pretty damn easily.

Martian_mind
I clear it without armour.

rotiart
But then your just naked!! embarrasment

DarkOdin
But then your just naked!! embarrasment

Thas how he wins no one wants to touch him the man is an evil nudist genuis

Warrior18

laughing out loud

Doctor-Alvis
Shut off codes, people!

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I think I would clear it because, using my outdated knowledge, Iron Man can shut off War Machine's armor.

Without Panther there to disable your suit, no, he wouldn't be much of a threat.

...I posted the scan because it shows Wolverine slashing at an Iron man who has had all of his systems brought down (including force fields etc) and still not hitting the skin.. The Iron man is apparently durable enough to take a slash from Wolverine's adamantium claws, even without any forcefields.

illadelph12
I'd clear the gauntlet because, with that kind of firepower, I'd be completely ruthless, and I'd have no problem destroying New York along with my opponent to achieve victory, necessary or not.

That's how we super-villains roll.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd clear the gauntlet because, with that kind of firepower, I'd be completely ruthless, and I'd have no problem destroying New York along with my opponent to achieve victory, necessary or not.

That's how we super-villains roll.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Delph has a heart and he knows it love

illadelph12
I'd also make sure to massacre all New England based sports teams...

...save the Celtics.

Lord Feron
Yeah I would like to Vaporize brady, smug lil bastard!

godking
Originally posted by SamZED

1) Kraven the Hunter
2) Daredevil
3) Blade
4) Spider-man
5) Wolverine
7) War Machine

How far do you get? 6 minimum nobody who knows how to use iron man armor should ever lose to 1-5

Blair Wind
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd also make sure to massacre all New England based sports teams...

...save the Celtics.

Delph likes talking smack. But he's a nice guy underneath it all. You just have to look really really deep. rolling on floor laughing

Philosophía
I'm sure Blair would beat even Iron Man while in his armour. haermm

BlackZero30x
I lose BADLY to everyone...that's just my luck sad

in fact i might actually end up beating myself....I would have like a misfired rocket or something lol

TricksterPriest
Spetz: There is a way to defeat War Machine. Shut off codes may not work, but you could always go for a pyrric victory. Set up a bomb and take out half the city, use the armor as a bomb, hack his software with Extremis, upload a computer virus....or just dump Extremis itself onto him.

It's a lopsided fight, but it is winnable, since we are assuming we get to something near Iron Man level proficiency with the armor. Though, if anyone tries to just slug it out or outgun him, they're ****ed. Even with Extremis, I'm reasonably sure War Machine still holds the edge on sheer DAKKA. Props to anyone who gets that. stick out tongue

The main is that IM's armor is more versatile than War Machines, and the OP did not specify which armor we use.......shifty

Delph was right about one thing, if you go the super villain route, ignore collateral damage and go all out, it dramatically increases your chances of winning.

Blair Wind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.