Battle-Ready Wonder Woman vs Thor with Odinforce

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Wonder Woman has:
- Lasso of Truth and Vambraces of the Aegis
- Golden Tiara and Star Cut Earrings
- Gauntlets of Atlas
- Sword of Hephaestus
- Shield

Thor has:
- Mjolnir
- Odinforce

Both fighters are blood-lusted.

No BFR.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/272283-125009-wonder-woman_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/222843-147182-thor_super.jpg

Nihilist
leaning towards wonderman

iceman24567
Originally posted by Nihilist
leaning towards wonderman Yeah me too

SoulDevourer
hes got his durablity but shes got her speed :/

Nihilist
leaning towards wonderman shit,meant wonderwoman

Knowsbleed33
Current Thor needs more feats.

xJLxKing
Wonder Woman should beat him. Her equipment is godly, but Thor most strongest attack(God Blast) might KO her.

Lord Feron
Wonder Woman needs to accessorize less...

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Wonder Woman should beat him. Her equipment is godly, but Thor most strongest attack(God Blast) might KO her. actually the godblast shoud pulverize her but problem is hes gotta hit her first big grin shes way too fast

SupremeMan
Too bad I can't use almost fifty years of history and use Odin's 'Odin power' feats as Thor's. wink

I am tempted to say it- speed blitz for the win.

But when Thor had the Odin power before, didn't they trick him into going to some island and then they blew it up with a nuclear device? And he just reconstituted his body? If this happened, how long did it take him to do that?

I can see Diana effectively getting the win if it took him some time to rebuild his body. If he can do it in seconds, he could win.

If he was allowed to use the Odin power to put up a shield so she cannot just speed blitz, he could win but I know he can't within the rules.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
actually the godblast shoud pulverize her but problem is hes gotta hit her first big grin shes way too fast
I doubt it will. Her equipment and shield will protect her.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I doubt it will. Her equipment and shield will protect her. godblast aint just a simple energy blast. it can punch thru armor of celestial and caps shield. imo WWs bracelets wont change much but Im not sure about her shield (whats it made of? does it have strong magic?).

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by SupremeMan
But when Thor had the Odin power before, didn't they trick him into going to some island and then they blew it up with a nuclear device? And he just reconstituted his body? If this happened, how long did it take him to do that?

If he was allowed to use the Odin power to put up a shield so she cannot just speed blitz, he could win but I know he can't within the rules. As far as I remember, King Thor just took the nuclear blast and got pissed off.

Thor's fought superfast opponents before.

Starscream M
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
As far as I remember, King Thor just took the nuclear blast and got pissed off.

Thor's fought superfast opponents before. this is not King Thor

Raoul
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Current Thor needs more feats.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Raoul
well, all the feats of classic thor can be used

Grinning Goku
shit,meant wonderwoman

Hard to tell from that pic.

Sin I AM
didn't thor recently defeat his grandfather? shouldn't he be above skyfather?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
didn't thor recently defeat his grandfather? shouldn't he be above skyfather? Yes and no

Sin I AM
can you summarize that for me, I've yet to read the book

Raoul
Originally posted by Starscream M
well, all the feats of classic thor can be used

that won't exactly make a massive difference.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
can you summarize that for me, I've yet to read the book The fight basically looks like two bricks fighting Thor states without the Odin force he would be dead. I for one put Bor above classic Thor that's about it erm

OneDumbG0
this is not King Thor I know. I was offering my recollection in response to what another poster asked.

horrorwolf
Odinforce tips the scales heavily in Thor's favor.

DarkOdin
The major problem i see for Thor is the freakin lasso.

iceman24567
How about the huge strength upgrade?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by DarkOdin
The major problem i see for Thor is the freakin lasso. depends in what reality the fight takes place

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by iceman24567
How about the huge strength upgrade? Considering classic Thor was stronger than Wonderwoman when comparing feats... and that you're comparing the amp of increasing one's strength by tenfold against the amp of the Odinforce... yeah... erm

h1a8
WW is at least billions of times stronger than Classic Thor by feats.

WW ftw 10/10
In comics 5/10 though

iceman24567
Considering classic Thor was stronger than Wonderwoman when comparing feats... and that you're comparing the amp of increasing one's strength by tenfold against the amp of the Odinforce... yeah... erm Why not? It's not like he's invulnerable to physical attack is he? Her strength amp would help her the most in my opinion so why not compare it to the Odinforce?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by h1a8
WW is at least billions of times stronger than Classic Thor by feats.

WW ftw 10/10
In comics 5/10 though

Ok.

NOW I KNOW you're trolling.

D_Dude1210
I'm leaning towards WW. Until Thor gets more feats. He's far more durable tho.

Prolly 6/10 WW.

OneDumbG0
Why not? It's not like he's invulnerable to physical attack is he? Her strength amp would help her the most in my opinion so why not compare it to the Odinforce? He took on the Destroyer's beam which has killed him in one-shot in the past. Yeah, it definitely makes him hella more durable. Either way: Increasing your strength tenfold > being imbued with the Odinforce?

iceman24567
He took on the Destroyer's beam which has killed him in one-shot in the past. Yeah, it definitely makes him hella more durable. Either way: Increasing your strength tenfold > being imbued with the Odinforce? I never said but offensively yes.

OneDumbG0
Ah, I see. So offensively speaking, Superman with tenfold strength beats Superman with Odinforce. dur

Whatever you say... no expression

D_Dude1210
Ah, I see. So offensively speaking, Superman with tenfold strength beats Superman with Odinforce. dur

Whatever you say... no expression

Superman with tenfold strength would be a BEAST tho. O_o

Dunno if the Odinforce is a flat, additive strength increase than it is an exponential/multiplicative increase in power. Not enough feats. sad

OneDumbG0
^ facepalm

Based on the responses so far, anyone want to make a Superman w/ tenfold strength vs Superman w/ Odinforce and see how many other people think the former has an advantage over the latter? Anybody?

Bueller? Bueller?

D_Dude1210
^ facepalm

Based on the responses so far, anyone want to make a Superman w/ tenfold strength vs Superman w/ Odinforce and see how many other people think the former has an advantage over the latter? Anybody?

Bueller? Bueller?

I never said I disagreed with you. Just saying that there aren't enough feats to clearly define how the Odinforce applies in this fight. stick out tongue

Juntai
I'll make something similar.

Juntai
OK dude, I made it, everyone voted for Supes, it was called Spite, we had a good laugh, then closed by mods.

Enyalus
So um, if by both characters being bloodlusted the OP means WM Thor w/ Odinforce, then he would win.

Current Thor against this Diana I'm inclined to say loses because of the lack of feats. King Thor would win, though.

Lord Feron
^ facepalm

Bueller? Bueller?

laughing

fangirl101
This is pretty funny this thread. Ten times wondy strength with just one gauntlet would be stronger than Thanos. Two gauntlets. Geesh. And all her other weapons and shieds too. Vs. Odin force thor who got beat up by red hulk. Ah. I see. Thor is being hyped too much. Thor is not odin.

Sin I AM
that's because marvel is jerking him around

spawnwest
WW toys with him. Thor wouldn't even be able to launch any type of attack because he'll be too busy trying to survive

Starscream M
Originally posted by fangirl101
This is pretty funny this thread. Ten times wondy strength with just one gauntlet would be stronger than Thanos. Two gauntlets. Geesh. And all her other weapons and shieds too. Vs. Odin force thor who got beat up by red hulk. Ah. I see. Thor is being hyped too much. Thor is not odin. you're a biased wondy fanboy. ww is not superman's strength...fer crying out loud, her archnemesis is cheetah, who is barely cl100.

DarkOdin
This is pretty funny this thread. Ten times wondy strength with just one gauntlet would be stronger than Thanos. Two gauntlets. Geesh. And all her other weapons and shieds too. Vs. Odin force thor who got beat up by red hulk. Ah. I see. Thor is being hyped too much. Thor is not odin.

Man why do people bring up Rulk there is only two ways ti view Rulk

1. Just all his battles feats are pis or....

2. That he is above skyfather level. He punch down a watcher. yes watchers don't fihgt back but they are above skyfathers by far. Odin to a blast from oth Silver surfer and didn't move. So either Rulk is way above a skyfather or it was pis as he shouldn't be able to hurt a watcher or weild mjolnir.

iceman24567
you're a biased wondy fanboy. ww is not superman's strength...fer crying out loud, her archnemesis is cheetah, who is barely cl100. Whats your point? Cheetah is also extremely fast i don't mean Quicksilver fast either erm

iceman24567

Whatever you say... no expression No but Wonder Woman with ten fold strength beats Thor with Odin force because offensively he hasn't done much with it. Implied power means nothing without feats dur

DarkOdin
No but Wonder Woman with ten fold strength beats Thor with Odin force because offensively he hasn't done much with it. Implied power means nothing without feats dur

actually he has the killing blow shatter mjolnir. Last time mjolnir breaked in battle was when king thor fought surtar and before that when classic Thor wrapped the belt of strength in it to double the power of his godblast. This Thor at a least twice has stroung in phsycial strength then a godblast.

fangirl101
you're a biased wondy fanboy. ww is not superman's strength...fer crying out loud, her archnemesis is cheetah, who is barely cl100.
I've reported you. Next, you are someone who knows shit. It doesn't matter if she's Superman's strength slow whitted baffoon. she's close enough to Superman. And thor isn't as strong as Superman either. I'd say he and wondy are pretty close. And did you miss that? And I'm a fangirl you zero comic book owning know nothing about comics troll.

iceman24567
Originally posted by DarkOdin
This Thor at a least twice has stroung in phsycial strength then a godblast. dur

D_Dude1210
I've reported you. Next, you are someone who knows shit. It doesn't matter if she's Superman's strength slow whitted baffoon. she's close enough to Superman. And thor isn't as strong as Superman either. I'd say he and wondy are pretty close. And did you miss that? And I'm a fangirl you zero comic book owning know nothing about comics troll.

So much anger...! O_O

Fangirl SMASH!

Starscream M
I've reported you. Next, you are someone who knows shit. It doesn't matter if she's Superman's strength slow whitted baffoon. she's close enough to Superman. And thor isn't as strong as Superman either. I'd say he and wondy are pretty close. And did you miss that? And I'm a fangirl you zero comic book owning know nothing about comics troll. what's with the hostility? confused

fangirl101
what's with the hostility? confused you called me a fan BOY and you called me a fanboy. that is why. Plus you said Wondy's arch nem is cheetah. WRONG. Her arch enemy for the last 20 years has been Ares. And Next to him is circe. Please read a wondy comic.

DarkOdin
dur

That or he used some heavy Odinpower to hit him with it.

This is another sign on how stroung Bor and Thor are.

Starscream M
you called me a fan BOY and you called me a fanboy. that is why. Plus you said Wondy's arch nem is cheetah. WRONG. Her arch enemy for the last 20 years has been Ares. And Next to him is circe. Please read a wondy comic. umm fanboy is a gender-neutral term...sheesh, relax.

and I have watched the latest WW movie, so I know quite a bit about her. Ares is her arch enemy, but Cheetah is close second. Now take a chill pill and stop getting your panties all bunched up in a PMS-fest.

Doom and Gloom
With both Gauntlets of Atlas Diana KOs Thor with one punch UNLESS he can one shot her with a strong godblast which is certainly possible given the Odinforce. Either way this fight is over almost instantly, it just depends on who lands the first shot.

fangirl101
umm fanboy is a gender-neutral term...sheesh, relax.

and I have watched the latest WW movie, so I know quite a bit about her. Ares is her arch enemy, but Cheetah is close second. Now take a chill pill and stop getting your panties all bunched up in a PMS-fest. Um no dear. Circe is wondy's 2nd arch enemy. Amazon's attacks' anyone? New Year's evil? War of The Gods. Circe was on the Injustice gang in morrison's run. She was also on Neron's council against the heroes. Picked up a comic lately?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
With both Gauntlets of Atlas Diana KOs Thor with one punch UNLESS he can one shot her with a strong godblast which is certainly possible given the Odinforce. Either way this fight is over almost instantly, it just depends on who lands the first shot.
the Odin Force prolly wouldn't one shot wondy at 20 times her durability and healing and force shield. but with the odin force, Thor should easily just wrap her up in some kind of time and space or force bubble or something exotic. Wondy is clearly the superior physically but that is all she has in this thread. Uber defense, durability, and strength. But she has no attack methods beyond the tiara and lasso. both easily avoided with the odin power.

Starscream M
But she has no attack methods beyond the tiara and lasso. both easily avoided with the odin power. umm....sword of hephaestus ring a bell?

fangirl101
umm....sword of hephaestus ring a bell? It's still a physical power. physically she has got him beaten 100/10. But he has energy manip to do all manner of attacks. he can't attack her directly becuz her durability and shields wn't allow any real dmg. But using space, or time, or reality manip does the trick. She pulls some wins due to over whelming strength and speed. But not more than 4 imo.

Starscream M
It's still a physical power. physically she has got him beaten 100/10. But he has energy manip to do all manner of attacks. he can't attack her directly becuz her durability and shields wn't allow any real dmg. But using space, or time, or reality manip does the trick. She pulls some wins due to over whelming strength and speed. But not more than 4 imo. well, there's a stipulation of no BFR, so time manip or space manip is out. thor using reality manip is farfetched and unlikely.

---

second, where does wondy get a durability powerup?

skygunner41
Godwave....

Starscream M
Originally posted by skygunner41
Godwave.... she doesnt have it for this fight

skygunner41
Can that shield deflect godblast?

Enyalus
And all her other weapons and shieds too. Vs. Odin force thor who got beat up by red hulk. Ah. I see. Thor is being hyped too much. Thor is not odin.

Thread doesn't specify "Current" Thor. Just Thor w/ Odinforce. Which would include his King Thor appearances.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Juntai
OK dude, I made it, everyone voted for Supes, it was called Spite, we had a good laugh, then closed by mods. The idea was to pit Superman w/ tenfold strength vs Superman w/ Odinforce. Way to miss the point of the entire conversation. Thanks for the giggles.

fangirl101
well, there's a stipulation of no BFR, so time manip or space manip is out. thor using reality manip is farfetched and unlikely.

---

second, where does wondy get a durability powerup? the guantlets amp the users durabilty and healing as well. The thread also gives her her shield and her armor. She got a big durability amp in this thread.

Starscream M
the guantlets amp the users durabilty and healing as well. The thread also gives her her shield and her armor. She got a big durability amp in this thread. ok, I was unaware the gauntlets amped other attributes besides strength

and what armor are you talking about? i didn't list any

Starscream M
The idea was to pit Superman w/ tenfold strength vs Superman w/ Odinforce. Way to miss the point of the entire conversation. Thanks for the giggles. but thor w/ odinforce isn't superman w/ odinforce

occultdestroyer
she doesnt have it for this fight
You give Thor the Odinforce, while Diana does not have the Godwave?
Sheesh.

WW wins, with or without Godwave.
She is far superior in H2H fighting prowess, and 2nd only to Superman and/or Manhunter in durability.

Starscream M
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
You give Thor the Odinforce, while Diana does not have the Godwave?
Sheesh.

WW wins, with or without Godwave.
She is far superior in H2H fighting prowess, and 2nd only to Superman and/or Manhunter in durability. so you think WW wins, yet you want me to give her godwave...that doesn't make sense

Naija boy
If this thread include his appearances as King thor then he wins for sure.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
If this thread include his appearances as King thor then he wins for sure.

thumb up

SoulDevourer
ok, I was unaware the gauntlets amped other attributes besides strength godblast can blast through substances that are harder than primary adamantium so imo even amped durability wont do. it take VERY POWERFUL MAGIC to resist a godblast (like cyttoraks magic)

Mindset
so you think WW wins, yet you want me to give her godwave...that doesn't make sense laughing out loud

Exactly.

Mindset
well, there's a stipulation of no BFR, so time manip or space manip is out. thor using reality manip is farfetched and unlikely.

---

second, where does wondy get a durability powerup? Time manip and space manip don't have to have anything to do with bfr

occultdestroyer
so you think WW wins, yet you want me to give her godwave...that doesn't make sense
This thread doesn't make sense

OneDumbG0
but thor w/ odinforce isn't superman w/ odinforce It's obvious some of you have missed the point of my conversation with other people. People point out that Wonderwoman's tenfold strength is too great an advantage against Thor w/ Odinforce. However, normal Wonderwoman and classic Thor is a fight where I and most others will give Thor the nod. Ergo, at some point, some people must think tenfold strength is a greater amp than Odinforce. I was pointing out the inanity of such an assertion by using a constant rather than arguing Diana vs Thor.

Superman w/ tenfold strength vs Superman w/ Odinforce. Who wins because they have the better amp? Obviously the latter. So why is it that people here, are focusing on Wonderwoman's tenfold strength as the kicker in this fight when classic Thor has a far better amp to work with?

Juntai
The idea was to pit Superman w/ tenfold strength vs Superman w/ Odinforce. Way to miss the point of the entire conversation. Thanks for the giggles. Are you suggesting Classic Thor isn't a Superman level foe?

Because, it's Classic Thor with Odinforce powerup, vs Superman w/ Powerup.

Works out similar.

Starscream M

Superman w/ tenfold strength vs Superman w/ Odinforce. Who wins because they have the better amp? Obviously the latter. So why is it that people here, are focusing on Wonderwoman's tenfold strength as the kicker in this fight when classic Thor has a far better amp to work with? yer missing the point

superman w/ 10-fold strength vs superman w/ odinforce --- in that case, the only factors would be between strength vs odinforce

in ww 10x vs thor odinforce, there are more factors to consider...such as WW's speed advantage over thor

quanchi112
Thor wins.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Juntai
Are you suggesting Classic Thor isn't a Superman level foe?

Because, it's Classic Thor with Odinforce powerup, vs Superman w/ Powerup.

Works out similar. Except everyone has their own character biases and motivations to twist other people's words. Which is why I used a constant. Thor w/ tenfold strength vs Thor w/Odinforce. I don't care, just use a constant that people won't argue over. Do it, the way I suggested it. Because I'm comparing tenfold strength vs Odinforce narrowly to expose some people's extremely narrow logic.
yer missing the point

superman w/ 10-fold strength vs superman w/ odinforce --- in that case, the only factors would be between strength vs odinforce

in ww 10x vs thor odinforce, there are more factors to consider...such as WW's speed advantage over thor Taken at their base, Thor has a strength advantage over her, he has a durability advantage over her and literally craps on Wonderwoman with the versatility advantage offered by Mjolnir. Not only that, he's fought superfast opponents before. Wonderwoman can call upon Hermes' speed in battle? Thor punked Hermes in battle. All that... and now he has the Odinforce.

Wut?

And you still missed the point.

Starscream M

And you still missed the point. what exactly does Odinforce give Thor...some added durability and ability to create flying castles.

I think 10x power is a bit more useful in a fight.

Mindset
what exactly does Odinforce give Thor...some added durability and ability to create flying castles.

I think 10x power is a bit more useful in a fight. You got em with this post! thumb up

OneDumbG0
what exactly does Odinforce give Thor...some added durability and ability to create flying castles.We have absolutely nothing to talk about anymore in this thread.

Starscream M
We have absolutely nothing to talk about anymore in this thread. and why is that? is that defeat I smell?

OneDumbG0
^ facepalm

Sin I AM
what exactly does Odinforce give Thor...some added durability and ability to create flying castles.

skyfather level matter manipulation, energy projection and absorption, as well as amping of attributes. to name a few

fangirl101
Why the hell do people think wondy is only getting a ten fold increase in physical attributes? Two gauntlets.

Mindset
Why the hell do people think wondy is only getting a ten fold increase in physical attributes? Two gauntlets. What else does she get?

SupremeMan
As far as I remember, King Thor just took the nuclear blast and got pissed off.

Thor's fought superfast opponents before.

My gut is telling me to go with Thor here. I know this is probably gonna turn into getting slammed with scans. But Thor, like WW, is a character that doesn't use speed all the time but has displayed amazing speed at times in his career. I point out Essential Thor volume one and maybe after volume one where he does things like moving at blur speed even to the point sometimes people think maybe they saw something. Wonder Woman, regardless of the arguments about her speed feats, still has more consistent speed feats than Thor so I'll say she has a speed advantage but she is not going to take out Thor with an initial speed blitz even were it standard WW and standard Thor.

With the Gauntlets she is ten times stronger so she just became way stronger than him. But I'm not entirely sure what that's going to mean against the Odin power. I know this is going to be: she can block god blasts; he can rearrange reality; she could pulp him with ten times strength; he has the durability and/ or reconstituting ability of the king of the gods.

Not a sure thing and we can approach the evidence many different ways. But again my instincts lean towards Thor. She's got god-like powers. He has god powers. They both have devices that are god weapons. But he has the power of the king of the gods, power that has shaken planets and done things even beyond that I believe.

fangirl101
She is twenty timrs stromger with Two gauntlets. I don't know how many times I have to repeat it.

fangirl101
My gut is telling me to go with Thor here. I know this is probably gonna turn into getting slammed with scans. But Thor, like WW, is a character that doesn't use speed all the time but has displayed amazing speed at times in his career. I point out Essential Thor volume one and maybe after volume one where he does things like moving at blur speed even to the point sometimes people think maybe they saw something. Wonder Woman, regardless of the arguments about her speed feats, still has more consistent speed feats than Thor so I'll say she has a speed advantage but she is not going to take out Thor with an initial speed blitz even were it standard WW and standard Thor.

With the Gauntlets she is ten times stronger so she just became way stronger than him. But I'm not entirely sure what that's going to mean against the Odin power. I know this is going to be: she can block god blasts; he can rearrange reality; she could pulp him with ten times strength; he has the durability and/ or reconstituting ability of the king of the gods.

Not a sure thing and we can approach the evidence many different ways. But again my instincts lean towards Thor. She's got god-like powers. He has god powers. They both have devices that are god weapons. But he has the power of the king of the gods, power that has shaken planets and done things even beyond that I believe. her lasso is made from the power of the mother of gods. And her shield is from the king of gods as well. It won't be breached easily.

Starscream M
Why the hell do people think wondy is only getting a ten fold increase in physical attributes? Two gauntlets. they don't stack doofus

FrothByte
her lasso is made from the power of the mother of gods. And her shield is from the king of gods as well. It won't be breached easily.

Yes, but now thor isn't just using a weapon that was made by the power of a god, he actually has the POWER of A GOD. he could probably start creating weapons of his own. Again, we go back to needing more feats of current thor.

But I still think thor has more potential.

fangirl101
they don't stack doofus u really r slow aren't u? If they stacked she would be 100 times stronger. Each guantlet individually amps strength stamina and healing and durability by ten. You gave her both of them.

Starscream M
u really r slow aren't u? If they stacked she would be 100 times stronger. Each guantlet individually amps strength stamina and healing and durability by ten. You gave her both of them. that's bull...she has to wear both to get the amp of 10

SoulDevourer
that's bull...she has to wear both to get the amp of 10 how much amp does she get with only 1?

I know this is going to be: she can block god blasts; 10x or even 20X her durablity won't be enough. that blast is insanely powerfull, shes gonna need VERY strong magic if shes hit with godblast (like cyttoraks magic with juggernaut)

her shield is her only hope but how strong is it?

fangirl101
that's bull...she has to wear both to get the amp of 10 u r going to try and argue a wondy fact with me. Luhl. Look at my thread. When cassie and wondy wore one gauntlet it amped them ten times. U fail.

Starscream M

Starscream M
u r going to try and argue a wondy fact with me. Luhl. Look at my thread. When cassie and wondy wore one gauntlet it amped them ten times. U fail. show me evidence that wearing two doubles the power...or shut it.

fangirl101
. fail. U may wanna look at my respect thread on wondy. U have failed ur test.

Starscream M
fail. U may wanna look at my respect thread on wondy. U have failed ur test. um no, you actually have to prove that wearing 2 gauntlets double their power

fangirl101
um no, you actually have to prove that wearing 2 gauntlets double their power lol. So when cassie fought doomsday with only one gauntlet and it amped her ten times what was that? U r pathetic. Two gauntlets amp ten times each.

iceman24567
Basic math really Brucey

Badabing
they don't stack doofus Star Scream, stop flame baiting.Originally posted by fangirl101
lol. So when cassie fought doomsday with only one gauntlet and it amped her ten times what was that? U r pathetic. Two gauntlets amp ten times each. Fangirl, stop bashing...even if it is retaliation.

Let me be clear, you both have gone beyond the point of chances. If I warn either of you, it will result in an extended temp ban at the very least. I'd advise you both to stop now and use the ignore.

KuRuPT Thanosi
the Odin Force prolly wouldn't one shot wondy at 20 times her durability and healing and force shield. but with the odin force, Thor should easily just wrap her up in some kind of time and space or force bubble or something exotic. Wondy is clearly the superior physically but that is all she has in this thread. Uber defense, durability, and strength. But she has no attack methods beyond the tiara and lasso. both easily avoided with the odin power.

QFT

SupremeMan
Basic math really Brucey

I looked this up at

http://www.answers.com/topic/wonder-woman-2

According to them, "Diana also possesses the Gauntlets of Atlas, which magnifies the physical strength and stamina of the wearer by a factor of ten. So when and if Diana dons either one or both of them, her already super strength is increased to levels even she has trouble controlling."

It makes it very clear that its ten times. They don't stack to twenty times. But if two people wear one each, they each get ten times.

SoulDevourer
I looked this up at

According to them, "Diana also possesses the Gauntlets of Atlas, which magnifies the physical strength and stamina of the wearer by a factor of ten. So when and if Diana dons either one or both of them, her already super strength is increased to levels even she has trouble controlling."

It makes it very clear that its ten times. They don't stack to twenty times. But if two people wear one each, they each get ten times. then it amps strenght & stamina, but not durablity wink

Starscream M
Originally posted by Badabing
Star Scream, stop flame baiting. i wasn't flame baiting. I don't believe they stack.

iceman24567
Calling some one doofus is flaming laughing

vlaaad12345
then it amps strenght & stamina, but not durablity wink
The stamina part includes durability its the whole reason cassie wasn't a blood stain on doomsdays fist.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
The stamina part includes durability its the whole reason cassie wasn't a blood stain on doomsdays fist. wonder girl like WW is allready durable against blunt attacks so imo this aint due to any amp

stamina is when u dont get tired with prolong effort (its got nothing to do with durablity)

fangirl101
I looked this up at

It makes it very clear that its ten times. They don't stack to twenty times. But if two people wear one each, they each get ten times. where the hell did you get that? When artemis wore them, they clearly stacked. Lol for not knowing that.

fangirl101
wonder girl like WW is allready durable against blunt attacks so imo this has nothing to do with the amp

stamina is when u dont get tired its not the same as durablity how the hell are you arguing when you know nothing about wonder girl? at the time, wonder girl had no super powers lol. She didn't get her power until later when she asked zeus to give them to her. before that, she used the guantlet to amp her strength, durability, and stamina.

OneDumbG0
where the hell did you get that? When artemis wore them, they clearly stacked. Lol for not knowing that. http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-05.jpg
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-06.jpg
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-07.jpg
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-08.jpg
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-09.jpg

One gauntlet seems to increase your strength tenfold. That much is clear if you take their statements on faith. But Wonderwoman wore them and they increased her strength tenfold as well, according to her. Also... from these scans... it's obvious Artemis hurts her hand when she punches with the arm that isn't wearing a Gauntlet. That durability amp isn't quite what you're making it out to be.

SoulDevourer
how the hell are you arguing when you know nothing about wonder girl? at the time, wonder girl had no super powers lol. She didn't get her power until later when she asked zeus to give them to her. before that, she used the guantlet to amp her strength, durability, and stamina. uh wait so shes suppose to be half amazon but shes got NONE of the amazon natural stats? without the gantlets & without those sandels from that "speed god" (whats his name) shes just plain human? confused

fangirl101
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-05.jpg
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-06.jpg
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-07.jpg
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-08.jpg
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman95-09.jpg

One gauntlet seems to increase your strength tenfold. That much is clear if you take their statements on faith. But Wonderwoman wore them and they increased her strength tenfold as well, according to her. Also... from these scans... it's obvious Artemis hurts her hand when she punches with the arm that isn't wearing a Gauntlet. That durability amp isn't quite what you're making it out to be. Poor thing. You do know that John Byrne changed the gauntlets and the amp right? Oh. you didn't. Lulz.

fangirl101
uh wait so shes suppose to be half amazon but shes got none of the amazon natural abilties? without the gantlets and those sandels from that "speed god" (whats his name) shes just plain human? confused she had no powers when she was wearing the gauntlet and the sandles. She was very human.

iceman24567
Wonder Woman is a godling she is always super human unless she is in her human guise.

OneDumbG0
Poor thing. You do know that John Byrne changed the gauntlets and the amp right? Oh. you didn't. Lulz. Then why even mention the Artemis fight as a reference for understanding the guantlets if they've been changed in your mind? Because Byrne-Wonderwoman clearly states that when she wears both of them, her strength is increased twofold.

Taking only what you like from the past and trying to mesh it together with a current example even though that trait's been contradicted in the current example to suit your argumentative purposes = fail. That isn't even a fallacy in logic. That's just plain ignorance.

fangirl101
Then why even mention the Artemis fight as a reference for understanding the guantlets if they've been changed in your mind. Because Byrne-Wonderwoman clearly states that when she wears both of them, her strength is increased twofold.

Taking only what you like from the past and trying to mesh it together with a current example even though that trait's been contradicted in the current example to suit your argumentative purposes = fail. That isn't even a fallacy in logic. That's just plain ignorance. I was explaining the artemis so that people could understand that when she wore them, they stacked her strength to ten. The original writer had each guantlet amp only by a factor of five. Lulz. Byrne era wonder woman states that now each gauntlet amps everything to a factor of ten. You failed in your attempt. try again. Lulz at you for even trying to come at me on anything wonder woman. Don't do that. You won't win.

Mindset
I was explaining the artemis so that people could understand that when she wore them, they stacked her strength to ten. The original writer had each guantlet amp only by a factor of five. Lulz. Byrne era wonder woman states that now each gauntlet amps everything to a factor of ten. You failed in your attempt. try again. Lulz at you for even trying to come at me on anything wonder woman. pathetic. You read WW comics?

I didn't know that.

OneDumbG0
I was explaining the artemis so that people could understand that when she wore them, they stacked her strength to ten. The original writer had each guantlet amp only by a factor of five. Lulz. Byrne era wonder woman states that now each gauntlet amps everything to a factor of ten. You failed in your attempt. try again. Lulz at you for even trying to come at me on anything wonder woman. Don't do that. You won't win. I don't remember William Messner-Loebs ever stating that one gauntlet increases the amp only by a factor of five. In fact, in the scans I just posted, Artemis says when she is wearing a single gauntlet, her strength is increased by a factor of ten. And when Diana has worn both of them, she doesn't say her strength is increased by twentyfold. She says tenfold. So what exactly is going on here with you?

The Nuul
Not sure about this one but WOW!! FG is so bloody ignorant.

fangirl101
I don't remember William Messner-Loebs ever stating that one gauntlet increases the amp only by a factor of five. In fact, in the scans I just posted, Artemis says when she is wearing a single gauntlet, her strength is increased by a factor of ten. And when Diana has worn both of them, she doesn't say her strength is increased by twentyfold. She says tenfold. So what exactly is going on here with you? Maybe you should pick up the very first issues when the guantlets are introduced. Each one only amped by a factor of five. Together it was a factor of ten. You do have WW vol 93 don't you? Pick it up. The guantlets stack. You aren't going to win this one. Look it up and come back to me with another argument. The guantlets amp ten times each. And they stack as when artemis first wore them. Byrne is the one who changed the nature of the guantlets. They amped the entire being ten times. Not just one arm.

fangirl101
Originally posted by The Nuul
Not sure about this one but WOW!! FG is so bloody ignorant. Reported. Enjoy your warning. Now back it up. What am I ignorant about? Maybe you should check out my wondy thread. Oh you didn't? I'm the wondy expert dear. hide in a hole.

Mindset
I'm the wondy expert dear. What is WW favorite flavor of ice cream?

OneDumbG0
Maybe you should pick up the very first issues when the guantlets are introduced. Each one only amped by a factor of five. Together it was a factor of ten. You do have WW vol 93 don't you? Pick it up. The guantlets stack. You aren't going to win this one. Look it up and come back to me with another argument. The guantlets amp ten times each. And they stack as when artemis first wore them. Byrne is the one who changed the nature of the guantlets. They amped the entire being ten times. Not just one arm. Who cares what the first version stated, we were talking about William-Messner Loeb's ---> Byrne's. Nothing of what I posted deals with anything but those versions. Pointing out random facts to insult my knowledge when it isn't even something either of us were addressing is meaningless chatter. Now if you please, show me a scan where when wearing both of them, their strength is increased twentyfold.

fangirl101
Who cares what the first version stated, we were talking about William-Messner Loeb's ---> Byrne's. Nothing of what I posted deals with anything but those versions. Pointing out random facts to insult my knowledge when it isn't even something either of us were addressing is meaningless chatter. Now if you please, show me a scan where when wearing both of them, their strength is increased twentyfold. No. you show where wearing both of them only increases strength ten fold after byrne changed thier nature. Try that. Since that is the last canon use of them. Ready, set, Go.

OneDumbG0
No. you show wear wearing both of them only increases strength ten fold after byrne changed thier nature. Try that. Since that is the last canon use of them. Ready, set, Go. I don't have to prove a negative. The burden is yours because history is on my side. When Artemis wore them in the scans, only her right arm's strength/durability was amped tenfold. Obviously, her left arm wasn't. Which means that if she put one on her left arm, her left arm's strength/durability would be amped tenfold. As such, her arm strength is amped tenfold. When Hippolyta presented them to Artemis in the first place, she states, they will give you the strength of ten. Not they will give you the strength of twenty. And in fact, IIRC, when Diana fights the White Wizard, she only gets a tenfold increase.

So prove to me that has changed. Because Wonderwoman clearly says when fighting Matrix Doomsday, her strength is increased tenfold, just like Artemis did before this "change" and that is consistent. So now prove that wearing both of them increases your strength twenty-fold, because that's clearly not how they started out when reintroduced in Messner-Loebs run.

james2099
Thor wins via GOD BLAST. WW cannot block that.

fangirl101
I don't have to prove a negative. The burden is yours because history is on my side. When Artemis wore them in the scans, only her right arm's strength/durability was amped tenfold. Obviously, her left arm wasn't. Which means that if she put one on her left arm, her left arm's strength/durability would be amped tenfold. As such, her arm strength is amped tenfold. When Hippolyta presented them to Artemis in the first place, she states, they will give you the strength of ten. Not they will give you the strength of twenty. And in fact, IIRC, when Diana fights the White Wizard, she only gets a tenfold increase.

So prove to me that has changed. Because Wonderwoman clearly says when fighting Matrix Doomsday, her strength is increased tenfold, just like Artemis did before this "change." So prove that wearing both of them increases your strength twenty-fold, because that's clearly not how they started out when reintroduced in Messner-Loebs run. Lol. Please go hide. When Cassie wore the guantlet, she tore concrete with her OTHER hand. Hence Byrne changed the nature of the guantlets. In order for artemis to have the strength of ten with her entire body, she needed both guantlets. Obviously Byrne changed the strength amping properties of the guantlets. What he didn't change was thier stacking ability. So since they now amp a person's entire being by ten with one, then two would amp by 20. Before, the guantlets only amped the entire person when thier was two. Game set and match.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman112-14-1.jpg

fangirl101
Originally posted by james2099
Thor wins via GOD BLAST. WW cannot block that. Lol. She's blocked the Omegas, Ares War blast, and The combined might of the Greek Pantheon. Why can't she block the god blast. Prove she can't block it or get reported for trolling.

OneDumbG0
Lol. Please go hide. When Cassie wore the guantlet, she tore concrete with her OTHER hand. Hence Byrne changed the nature of the guantlets. In order for artemis to have the strength of ten with her entire body, she needed both guantlets. Obviously Byrne changed the strength amping properties of the guantlets. What he didn't change was thier stacking ability. So since they now amp a person's entire being by ten with one, then two would amp by 20. Before, the guantlets only amped the entire person when thier was two. Game set and match. Not obviously. You started out by saying when artemis wore them, they clearly stacked. That is definitely not what you're saying now.

And even though what you said would be logical, all things considered equal, it's never been shown or depicted. Unfortunately, you have the gauntlets' description in the past as being counterintuitive. In the past, the gauntlets when presented together were said to amp strength tenfold, yet wearing one did not amp strength fivefold, it only amped one arm tenfold (which would be counterintuitive if it weren't so clearly laid out on-panel). Considering their counterintuitive history, for you to so blithely say that wearing the gauntlets now increases strength twentyfold because on is presented as being tenfold, without even showing proof, is speculation.

fangirl101
Not obviously. You started out by saying when artemis wore them, they clearly stacked. That is definitely not what you're saying now.

And even though what you said would be logical, all things considered equal, it's never been shown or depicted. Unfortunately, you have the gauntlets' description in the past as being counterintuitive. In the past, the gauntlets when presented together were said to amp strength tenfold, yet wearing one did not amp strength fivefold, it only amped one arm tenfold (which would be counterintuitive if it weren't so clearly laid out on-panel). Considering their counterintuitive history, for you to so blithely say that wearing the gauntlets now increases strength twentyfold because on is presented as being tenfold, without even showing proof, is speculation. It's clearly clear. Queen Hippolyta stated that Two amped someone's strength 10 fold. Let's get technical. When arty started her fight with chauvenist, she had on BOTH. She had one knocked off or something in the fight. Now what we have is a situation where we don't know if she was amped by ten with one arm, or by five with one arm. What we do know is that both amped her entire being by ten. Now when cassie wore the guantlet, her strength was amped by ten. so was her stamina and durability and healing. So One guantlet now amps the entire being by ten. But we do know that both gauntlets amped someone's entire being by ten. There for they stacked either by amping one half of the body each by ten, or they both amped by a factor of five. The result is the same. An entire person's being was amped by ten with both. Which means they stacked some how or had a cumalative effect. Byrne Changed the guantlets. One now amps everything by ten. What he didn't do, was changed the cumalitive effect. Until there is absolute proof that he changed that too, we have to go with established canon. Two gauntlets used to amp a person by ten. No matter how they did it. either by a factor of five, or by ten on each arm.

FrothByte
I know the gauntlets increase her strength tenfold... but where is this "each gauntlet increases her strength tenfold for a total of 20" coming from? Scans please

(and no, i don't have the comics else i wouldn't be asking for scans)

fangirl101
Originally posted by FrothByte
I know the gauntlets increase her strength tenfold... but where is this "each gauntlet increases her strength tenfold for a total of 20" coming from? Scans please

(and no, i don't have the comics else i wouldn't be asking for scans) Byrne changed the nature of the gauntlets. And then he only had wondy use one becuz her strength becomes too great to control. She wouldn't dare wear two. But arty did get a combined amp when she had two on. And when she had one on, she only got half an amp. Hence, Logic would dictate that combining byrne's guantlets would have the same effect as it did on arty.

Badabing
Originally posted by FrothByte

(and no, i don't have the comics else i wouldn't be asking for scans) mmm Nice sig.

OneDumbG0
It's clearly clear. Queen Hippolyta stated that Two amped someone's strength 10 fold. Let's get technical. When arty started her fight with chauvenist, she had on BOTH. She had one knocked off or something in the fight. Now what we have is a situation where we don't know if she was amped by ten with one arm, or by five with one arm. What we do know is that both amped her entire being by ten. Now when cassie wore the guantlet, her strength was amped by ten. so was her stamina and durability and healing. So One guantlet now amps the entire being by ten. But we do know that both gauntlets amped someone's entire being by ten. There for they stacked either by amping one half of the body each by ten, or they both amped by a factor of five. The result is the same. An entire person's being was amped by ten with both. Which means they stacked some how or had a cumalative effect. Byrne Changed the guantlets. One now amps everything by ten. What he didn't do, was changed the cumalitive effect. Until there is absolute proof that he changed that too, we have to go with established canon. Two gauntlets amp a person by ten. No matter how they did it. either by a factor of five, or by ten on each arm. But this is the whole point. We only concluded that the former version had each gauntlet amp each arm by ten instead of each gauntlet amp by five only AFTER it was shown. It's completely counterintuitive considering that the original gauntlets amped by five each.

And now they change again where one amps by tenfold and without there being concrete proof where they are presented together as ampig strength twentyfold, you want us to assume this, despite their counterintuitive retconned history? It's arguable. It's even probable. But it's not indisputable. Because Byrne may have changed them yet again to the point where he removed the cumulative effect as posited by other people. Whether you wear one or two, it's tenfold. Absolute proof is the standard we are both using. And considering the contradictory retcons that have taken place, and the history of the gauntlets never being described as anything other than tenfold, what I am asking for is absolute proof with respect to a twentyfold amp.

Mekrob
Bryne actually went on record that he changed it to only amping the power by twice as much. Two make it four times.

erm

fangirl101
But this is the whole point. We only concluded that the former version had each gauntlet amp each arm by ten instead of each gauntlet amp by five only AFTER it was shown. It's completely counterintuitive considering that the original gauntlets amped by five each.

And now they change again where one amps by tenfold and without there being concrete proof where they are presented together as ampig strength twentyfold, you want us to assume this, despite their counterintuitive retconned history? It's arguable. It's even probable. But it's not indisputable. Because Byrne may have changed them yet again to the point where he removed the cumulative effect as posited by other people. Whether you wear one or two, it's tenfold. Absolute proof is the standard we are both using. And considering the contradictory retcons that have taken place, and the history of the gauntlets never being described as anything other than tenfold, what I am asking for is absolute proof with respect to a twentyfold amp.
Let's do some math and come up with a conclusion.

Arty had to use both gauntlets to amp her entire body by ten.

With one she was only half amped.

Wonder Girl and Wondy with One guantlet were both Wholly Amped.

So um, The retcon changes it so that one amps fully.

What it didn't change was the cumalitive effect. That is still established canon unless other wise proven.

You can't get around the math. It took two to get arty to full amp.

It only took one to get WG and WW to full power.

This would conclude that two gauntlets in Byrne era would be double the amp. Unless you can prove that Byrne retconned the stacking effect. he didn't anywhere that I've read do that.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Mekrob
Bryne actually went on record that he changed it to only amping the power by twice as much. Two make it four times.

erm no expression

Where did you hear this? For my part, I take clear and unambiguous on-panel scene that isn't riddled with PIS/CIS/Loeb-style stupidity over writer interviews/bios.

fangirl101
no expression

Where did you hear this? For my part, I take clear and unambiguous on-panel scene that isn't riddled with PIS/CIS/Loeb-style stupidity over writer interviews/bios. He's trolling.

Mekrob
no expression

Where did you hear this? For my part, I take clear and unambiguous on-panel scene that isn't riddled with PIS/CIS/Loeb-style stupidity over writer interviews/bios. I have scans, but I'm just waiting until more dumb claims are made, and until someone else posts them so I can rub in that I was right.

u no how it iz

OneDumbG0
What it didn't change was the cumalitive effect. That is still established canon unless other wise proven.Cumulative effects have changed in the past. How do you know he didn't retcon it again? Especially when the "tenfold" increase is still used to refer to the Gauntlets of Atlas as a whole.
Originally posted by Mekrob
I have scans, but I'm just waiting until more dumb claims are made, and until someone else posts them so I can rub in that I was right.

u no how it iz That's pretty petty. Why don't you just post them. Do you have scans of scenes that occur or statements made within a comic or scans of some writer's interview?

I'm late. And this conversation got even more confusing.

fangirl101
Cumulative effects have changed in the past. How do you know he didn't retcon it again? Especially when the "tenfold" increase is still used to refer to the Gauntlets of Atlas as a whole.
That's pretty petty. Why don't you just post them. Do you have scans of scenes that occur or statements made within a comic or scans of some writer's interview?

I'm late. And this conversation got even more confusing.
Trust me, I posted every appearance of the guantlet in my respect thread. The guantlets wholly amped arty with two. How ever they amped her, it took two to get the ten amp thru out her entire being. Obviously it's shown that that was no longer the case when Cassie wore the guantlet. This is definitive when she tore the concrete. One can only assume that the cumulative effect is still in effect until other wise noted. That is the nature of comics.

P.S. the ten fold description is used to describe A as in ONE guantlet now.

Thorion
Thor decimates her.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>