VG Characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
You all can discuss what threads you want made with vg characters vs comic characters here. Only MK and SF characters will be allowed. I'll make a total of 4 threads and that will be it. Any other threads will be closed w/o hesitation. If I see any problems in one thread, all four will be closed. Pick your matchups.

Edit!!!!

I'll want bio's of characters so I know their power sets and powers. Also, this has to be a vg character vs a comic character.

Battlehammer
Comic Ryu vs Shang-chi

Mekrob
Why not Kratos?

chomperx9
ok lets get back to batman vs sagat. batman gets his batbelt this time.

who wins ?

Battlehammer
Comic Charlie vs Midnighter

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
ok lets get back to batman vs sagat. batman gets his batbelt this time.

who wins ? Umm, this isn't a vs thread. It's a discussion thread to see if we can have a few vg vs threads here.

Battlehammer
Guile vs U.S Agent or maybe Capt

jalek moye
ryu vs iron fist

chomperx9
zangief vs colossus russian vs russian

chomperx9
liu kang vs elektra

jalek moye
Originally posted by chomperx9
zangief vs colossus russian vs russian
that would be spite. be reasonable like the others

chomperx9
bison vs DR strange
pyscho power vs sorcerry

Battlehammer
.......DR would murder Bison.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Battlehammer
.......DR would murder Bison. how if any attack he tries to attempt it will just go right through bison.

Battlehammer
What media are you refferring to, becuases he can't phases and can easily be hit. Strange would effortlessly beat bison

Vally Doosh
Mortal Kombat thumb down

chomperx9
What media are you refferring to, becuases he can't phases and can easily be hit. Strange would effortlessly beat bison apparently youve never watched the street figher animated series or seen any of the anime street fighter movies

Battlehammer
lol your going by the movies and show. Bison was not psasing he was just way faster then them with maybe at best teleportation.

chomperx9
lol your going by the movies and show. Bison was not psasing he was just way faster then them with maybe at best teleportation. bison psased through guiles sonic boom

Battlehammer
he teleportd.

spetznaz
he teleportd.

A distinction without much difference.

Whether he truly PHASED and had the attack pass THROUGH him, or TELEPORTED in a fraction of a second forward and back to avoid the attack, or simply had such a high level of super-SPEED and was able to simply side-step the attack by a fraction of an inch, and half a semi-second later returned to where he was standing ....it would all be the exact same process in terms of RESULT and OBSERVATION.

The attack would either be passing through him (legit phasing ....similar to what someone like the Martian Manhunter can do), or it would seem to be passing through him due to him moving so fast through sheer speed or through teleportation (similar to what someone like Superman and the Flash do when they let attacks like Doomsday's fire breath - for Supes - or other attacks - for Flash - simply SEEM to pass, or phase, through them).

The effect would be the same ....it's just the method of doing it that would be different. In all 3 cases (true phasing, fractionized teleportation, or instant speed-shunt) the result would be that the fire-ball/sonic-boom/whatever would be passing through where they were.

Thus, a distinction without a difference.

As for what Badabing had originally asked ( Umm, this isn't a vs thread. It's a discussion thread to see if we can have a few vg vs threads here.), I believe we can and we should.

For that matter, a number of the VG characters have become very legitimate comic-book characters ....in particular the Street Fighter series.

Mindset
Or you could allow vg characters who have a comic, but only comic feats can be used.

Battlehammer
I agree

TricksterPriest
If we allow Street Fighter, we should allow King Of Fighters as well. It's Street Fighter's only true rival after all.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
If we allow Street Fighter, we should allow King Of Fighters as well. It's Street Fighter's only true rival after all.

That's right, darlingsmile Though it would be even better if it comes with right for me to insult the pathetic idiots who compare K' to Wolverine (in reality if looking closer at his origin X-23 would be soo much better match) (offtopic but got pissed off by some retards at CBR who seem not to know sh*t not only about K' but about Wolverine as well).

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Mindset
Or you could allow vg characters who have a comic, but only comic feats can be used.

Probably the wisest thing (unless comics are in the same canon for the character as games). Comics feats for KoF and SF folks are non-canon for game versions so comics\manhua versions are can and should be treated as separate characters as long as VG feats are not brought in there (which would be akin to bringing in movie feats for comics book chars).

Some chars, like Dante Sparda, can be tricky since their comics (published by Dreamwave) are canon towards game version...so there both sets of feats are "valid game" unless stated otherwise (through only the story as far as DMC1 goes in chronology is "comicsized" so feats from DMC4 and DMC2 shouldn't be included\mentioned in debate).

For KoF\SF folks it's comics\manhua feats period since they basically form "different canon" from VG version and VG version has as "much" right to be debated there as movie Wolverine in the thread about comics Wolverine.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Probably the wisest thing (unless comics are in the same canon for the character as games). Comics feats for KoF and SF folks are non-canon for game versions so comics\manhua versions are can and should be treated as separate characters as long as VG feats are not brought in there (which would be akin to bringing in movie feats for comics book chars).

some of the street fighter comics are canon

golem370
Kratos would be a could character to match vs Comic characters Ryu Hayabusa Soul Calibur stuff like that

rotiart
I like the idea of allowing manga/vg comics in without allowing for the game/tv show/movie. I think there is a fair medium...

Of course I read no video game comics or manga but I have played the games watched the anime.

The problem becomes if someone tries to slip in tv show/video game. Make a stern rule it's the on panel comic/manga only.

I suggest using the manga forum to have A respect thread for various characters based upon their written material. So everyone can base their arguments. Not me though. I'll stick to the ones I've read

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset

thumb up

chomperx9
he teleportd. he can psase and teleport if you havent noticed

chomperx9
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
If we allow Street Fighter, we should allow King Of Fighters as well. It's Street Fighter's only true rival after all. the powers of the SNK characters suck compared to street fighter and MK

Badabing
I'm going to say no VG characters in the comic vs forum. You all can try the vg vs forum. The same problems for vg characters occurs with anime/manga. What's canon within various books games and cartoons. Most of the times these threads deteriorate into flaming and bashing.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm going to say no VG characters in the comic vs forum. You all can try the vg vs forum. The same problems for vg characters occurs with anime/manga. What's canon within various books games and cartoons. Most of the times these threads deteriorate into flaming and bashing.

That works for me too...

Battlehammer
I think video game character should be allowed only if were using there comic book version, nothing elses. Also they need to have had over a certain amount of issues as well say something like 20.

Badabing
You can post matches with your favorite vg character here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=85

It's up to Gen Kaliero and Peach to let any other characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.