DARKSIED with soul fire formula and all new god souls vs THANOS with IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
darksied as he was when he went up against the combined source/anti life entity {but no orion resurrection this time} vs thanos with the infinity gauntlett.

Enyalus
Some might think this is a good matchup, but its definitely not.

Thanos walks over this match with little trouble.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Enyalus

Your on drugs if you think he will do anything easily.

occultdestroyer
OH NOEZ!!1
Not this shit again.

Abstract-level 'omnipotents' should be BANNED in this forum.
'Omnipotents' like Odin are acceptable stick out tongue.

beast1234
darkseid win this he was able to fight the source to a standstill. the IG gives you power on a universal scale but the source has power that is between universal/multiversal scale

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Your on drugs if you think he will do anything easily.

Darkseid was stalemating a Source that was less than full strength (seeing as the SF formula taps into that). Thanos easily dismissed Eternity, who like The Source contains all the power of all the universes within Its being.

And if you look at the exchange Warlock had with the LT during his time with the Gauntlet, it should be pretty clear that the IG would dismiss SF Darkseid as well.

Allankles
Darkseid was stalemating a Source that was less than full strength (seeing as the SF formula taps into that). Thanos easily dismissed Eternity, who like The Source contains all the power of all the universes within Its being.

And if you look at the exchange Warlock had with the LT during his time with the Gauntlet, it should be pretty clear that the IG would dismiss SF Darkseid as well.

Since when was Eternity equal to the source?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Since when was Eternity equal to the source?

What's the Source's deal? Embodiment of all energy in the DCU, right?

Eternity has multiple showings where he's exactly that, too. I'm sure you've seen at least a few of Mr. Master's posts on the subject.

Allankles
What's the Source's deal? Embodiment of all energy in the DCU, right?

Eternity has multiple showings where he's exactly that, too. I'm sure you've seen at least a few of Mr. Master's posts on the subject.

Except the source isn't some dude that can be fought and then replaced.

Enyalus
Except the source isn't some dude that can be fought and then replaced.

So Darkseid just wanted some exercise in DOTNG?

beast1234
the source created the new gods in it half state

Enyalus
Originally posted by beast1234
the source created the new gods in it half state

Yay for it? Eternity creates all universes within itself, continuously.

By statements, bios, and probably feats, The Source more or less equals Eternity. And Eternity ain't squat compared to Thanos w/ IG.

Allankles
So Darkseid just wanted some exercise in DOTNG?

That was merely how Superman interpreted what was happening. The IG is power unto itself so obviously Eternity doesn't have squat on the Source.

Enyalus
The IG is power unto itself so obviously Eternity doesn't have squat on the Source.

Nice fallicious syllogism. The IG's power is the same as the HOTU, just external control of it rather than having it internally.

It'd be like me saying The Source doesn't have any power over Spectre or Michael or any of those beings so Eternity > Source.

Allankles
Nice fallicious syllogism. The IG's power is the same as the HOTU, just external control of it rather than having it internally.

It'd be like me saying The Source doesn't have any power over Spectre or Michael or any of those beings so Eternity > Source.

The Source is equal to HOTU and the IG by it's function. DS tapped into the Source's power through the loop hole of the New God souls via the SFE. He could not replace the Source because all power is linked to it, but he could impose his will upon it, in a way not even his father could.

EDIT: The source is the origin of the concept of energy it can't be replaced.

Enyalus
The Source is equal to HOTU and the IG by it's function. DS tapped into the Source's power through the loop hole of the New God souls via the SFE. He could not replace the Source because all power is linked to it, but he could impose his will upon it, in a way not even his father could.

First of all, no. The Source =/= HOTU. It's less than. Unless you want to claim The Source would easily wreck LT. By virtually all statements of what each power does, The Source = Eternity.

And yeah, I already said, Darkseid was basically fighting a less than full strength Source, and could only stalemate it. He stances no chance against Thanos wielding the gauntlet.

Allankles
First of all, no. The Source =/= HOTU. It's less than. Unless you want to claim The Source would easily wreck LT. By virtually all statements of what each power does, The Source = Eternity.

And yeah, I already said, Darkseid was basically fighting a less than full strength Source, and could only stalemate it. He stances no chance against Thanos wielding the gauntlet.

Again, I said the Source is equal to HOTU by it's function. All energy regardless of its nature is linked to the Source. The fact that the IG could defeat Eternity just porves that Eternity is nothing like the Source, as the Source governs the very idea of energy and creation, it is an aspect of the Presence (the supreme being).

vlaaad12345
According to darkseid the ALEs power was insignificant compared to the power he had with the soulfire formula,the ALE has obliterated an enemy who was linked and drawing power from all space time,eternity ain't got shit on the source or sf darkseid and thanos isn't doing a damn thing easily.

Enyalus
Again, I said the Source is equal to HOTU by it's function. All energy regardless of its nature is linked to the Source. The fact that the IG could defeat Eternity just porves that Eternity is nothing like the Source, as the Source governs the very idea of energy and creation, it is an aspect of the Presence (the supreme being).

Lucifer and Michael were shown to be beyond The Source's power. Spectre and probably Radiant and anyone tied to The Presence's power would probably be, too. So no...

Allankles
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
According to darkseid the ALEs power was insignificant compared to the power he had with the soulfire formula,the ALE has obliterated an enemy who was linked and drawing power from all space time,eternity ain't got shit on the source or sf darkseid and thanos isn't doing a damn thing easily.

Yeah! The SFE was Darkseid's link to the Source which governs the idea of energy. If Eternity is getting defeated by another energy, then he obviously isn't on the same level as the source, which as I've already stated is an aspect of the Presence and the ultimate authority on the concept of energy and creation.

quanchi112

Thanos walks over this match with little trouble. Agreed.Originally posted by beast1234
darkseid win this he was able to fight the source to a standstill. the IG gives you power on a universal scale but the source has power that is between universal/multiversal scale The battle that took place was a universal battle. A character affecting the multiverse doesn't mean squat here. It is about how these two titans matchup not about seeing who can affect the multiverse.

Allankles
Lucifer and Michael were shown to be beyond The Source's power. Spectre and probably Radiant and anyone tied to The Presence's power would probably be, too. So no...

The Source is an aspect of the Presence it's not some alien entity outside of the hierachy of the Presence. The Source is the origin of the concept of Energy and I know for a fact that Spectre and Radiant are below the Source. Micheal and Lucifer are the children of the Presence, so they don't count.

quanchi112
Except the source isn't some dude that can be fought and then replaced. The Source was fought and was losing until he drew Orion out and used his soul to gain the advantage on Ds. Ds showed you can tap into the Source's power. Originally posted by Allankles
Again, I said the Source is equal to HOTU by it's function. All energy regardless of its nature is linked to the Source. The fact that the IG could defeat Eternity just porves that Eternity is nothing like the Source, as the Source governs the very idea of energy and creation, it is an aspect of the Presence (the supreme being). The Source isn't as powerful as you claim here. It isn't the supreme being and has been shown to be able to be outschemed by Ds. The Source as a being has done nothing to lead me to believe it could even defeat Eternity imo.Originally posted by Allankles
Yeah! The SFE was Darkseid's link to the Source which governs the idea of energy. If Eternity is getting defeated by another energy, then he obviously isn't on the same level as the source, which as I've already stated is an aspect of the Presence and the ultimate authority on the concept of energy and creation. The Source isn't the presence.

Enyalus
The Source is an aspect of the Presence it's not some alien entity outside of the hierachy of the Presence.

facepalm This is where I don't get your argument. Because quite clearly, Eternity is an aspect of God/TOAA. Hell, Eternity has even be called God before. And while The Source was giving birth to the Primordial Giants and the New Gods, Eternity was giving birth to the Celestials and the Seven Friendless...

DS couldn't beat The Source. He's not beating Thanos here.

Allankles
Originally posted by quanchi112
The Source isn't the presence.

It is an aspect of the Presence active in the main DCU. And it's already been shown to be above the Spectre.

Philosophía
The Source from DOTNG has been retconned as not being the true source. The true Source, is now the same one with the Presence, and it's practically the Void, in which the 'story' takes place. If we take it by what it was pre-Final Crisis then yes, I'd agree that the Source was basically THOTU, or at least similar. DOTNG did somehow make me facepalm though.

quanchi112
It is an aspect of the Presence active in the main DCU. And it's already been shown to be above the Spectre. COIE Am was also above the Spectre and so was an amped Captain Marvel. Being above the Spectre has happened more than a few times.

The point is Ds couldn't step to the presence, but he could step and tap into the power of the Source.

Thanos wins here.

quanchi112

Enyalus

Allankles
facepalm This is where I don't get your argument. Because quite clearly, Eternity is an aspect of God/TOAA. Hell, Eternity has even be called God before. And while The Source was giving birth to the Primordial Giants and the New Gods, Eternity was giving birth to the Celestials and the Seven Friendless...

DS couldn't beat The Source. He's not beating Thanos here.

Except the Source governs all energy and DS was tapping into the Source via the SFE. The IG was above Eternity's influence so obviously it can't be equal to the Source.

The difference is that all energy is tied to the Source, the IG was above the supposed authority on energy Eternity. Big difference.

The Source is unquantifiable as it governs the very idea of energy and creation.

And let's not get into a compare contrast argument. The infinity gems shouldn't be above Eternity if it is the origin of the concept of energy, unless the gems preceded Eternity and are above him.

quanchi112
Except the Source governs all energy and DS was tapping into the Source via the SFE. The IG was above Eternity's influence so obviously it can't be equal to the Source.

The difference is that all energy is tied to the Source, the IG was above the supposed authority on energy Eternity. Big difference.

The Source is unquantifiable as it governs the very idea of energy and creation.

And let's not get into a compare contrast argument. The infinity gems shouldn't be above Eternity if it is the origin of the concept of energy, unless the gems preceded Eternity and are above him. You mean you don't know the origin of the gems?

Enyalus
The infinity gems shouldn't be above Eternity if it is the origin of the concept of energy, unless the gems preceded Eternity and are above him.

Ding ding ding.

Allankles
COIE Am was also above the Spectre and so was an amped Captain Marvel. Being above the Spectre has happened more than a few times.

That was then...

The point is Ds couldn't step to the presence, but he could step and tap into the power of the Source.

The Presence is everything and exists outside and within all aspects of creation, no one is stepping to the Presence. The Source is an aspect of the Presence active within the DCU omniverse/multiverse.

quanchi112
Ding ding ding. I don't get him he argues against the infinity gems when he doesn't even realize they are what happened to the Infinity Being when he decided to commit astral suicide thus preceding Eternity.

At least I know he argues now when he hasn't read the ig story even though he has told me over and over again how badly Thanos quest sucked and that this was a crucial piece of that particular story.

Enyalus
At least I know he argues now when he hasn't read the ig story even though he has told me over and over again how badly Thanos quest sucked and that this was a crucial piece of that particular story.

I really liked Thanos Quest. I didn't care for IG, though. I thought IW was much better. *shrug*

quanchi112
That was then...

The Presence is everything and exists outside and within all aspects of creation, no one is stepping to the Presence. The Source is an aspect of the Presence active within the DCU omniverse/multiverse. The point is there have been being who were more powerful than the Spectre even with him being amped during Coie.

Yes, the Source is nowhere near as powerful or all encompassing as the Presense so stop bringing the presence up.

Allankles
Ding ding ding.

Glad you supported my argument, because nothing but the Presence preceded the Source and the Source is part of the Presence. Which means Eternity is not equal to the Source.

quanchi112
I really liked Thanos Quest. I didn't care for IG, though. I thought IW was much better. *shrug* Take back what you said about ig this instant.

Allankles
Yes, the Source is nowhere near as powerful or all encompassing as the Presense so stop bringing the presence up.

The Source is the part of the Presence which governs the concept of energy within the main DCU.

quanchi112
Glad you supported my argument, because nothing but the Presence preceded the Source and the Source is part of the Presence. Which means Eternity is not equal to the Source. What have you done to prove that the Source is above Eternity?

quanchi112
The Source is the part of the Presence which governs the concept of energy within the main DCU. Ok, which means squat here considering we have seen the Source in action and we became aware of the fact that someone like Ds could tap into his power and on his own render the Source impotent had it not been for Superman's intervention the Source would have lost.

Allankles
What have you done to prove that the Source is above Eternity?

For one he isn't the origin of the concept of energy as the infinity gems preceded him.

quanchi112
For one he isn't the origin of the concept of energy as the infinity gems preceded him. That only proves that the ig is above Eternity. Lt isn't the source of all energy and he is above both. I don't seem to understand this logic by any means.

Allankles
Ok, which means squat here considering we have seen the Source in action and we became aware of the fact that someone like Ds could tap into his power and on his own render the Source impotent had it not been for Superman's intervention the Source would have lost.

Hmm! The Source couldn't be replaced and as I already stated everything that happened there was merely Superman's interpretation of said events. There wasn't an eternity look alike fighting DS. Also DS had the SFE which allowed to tap into the Source via the loop hole of the New God souls bound to the Source.

quanchi112
Hmm! The Source couldn't be replaced and as I already stated everything that happened there was merely Superman's interpretation of said events. There wasn't an eternity look like fighting DS. Also DS had the SFE which allowed to tap into the Source via the loop hole of the New God souls bound to the Source. Being replaced has nothing to do with anything. Ig was better than Eternity we know that, but we don't know anything about how the source and how he would fare against Eternity.

Doesn't the Source even say that because of the distraction he could call his backup plan?

Ok, the point is that Ds through means could tap into the Source's power.

Allankles
That only proves that the ig is above Eternity. Lt isn't the source of all energy and he is above both. I don't seem to understand this logic by any means.

Discussing LT would be pointless since we're comparing different hierachies. More importantly the Source represent more than Eternity and cannot be replaced because ALL energy is tied to it.

Allankles
Ok, the point is that Ds through means could tap into the Source's power.

Which matters because?... The gems were a part of a dead god who commited suicide, I was just pointing out that the Source is the HOTU of the DCU. If THOTU was sapient and responsible for creation and the origin of the concept of energy.

quanchi112
Discussing LT would be pointless since we're comparing different hierachies. More importantly the Source represent more than Eternity and cannot be replaced because ALL energy is tied to it. No, I wanted to show you the error of your logic.

That makes no sense if someone replaced the source then that being would supply all energy to the universe.

quanchi112
Which matters because?... The gems were a part of a dead god who commited suicide, I was just pointing out that the Source is the HOTU of the DCU. If THOTU was sentient and responsible for creation and the origin of the concept of energy. No, the Source isn't. The Source isn't the presence which is the supreme power of the dcu. The hotu was the supreme power so don't try to justtify some sort of horrible connection between the two. Are you saying this because of genesis and the godwave?

Allankles

That makes no sense if someone replaced the source then that being would supply all energy to the universe.

The Source's has power over the concept of energy (get that first). The very concept of energy, it is the foundation of the expression of energy. So no it can't be replaced as DS noted in DOTNG, however he could attempt to impose his will upon its sapience.

quanchi112
Hmm! The Source couldn't be replaced and as I already stated everything that happened there was merely Superman's interpretation of said events. There wasn't an eternity look alike fighting DS. Also DS had the SFE which allowed to tap into the Source via the loop hole of the New God souls bound to the Source. I also like where you took out my response to this as you knew you wrong.

It wasn't Superman's interpretation of events it was the Source. Here let me show you the scan and call you on some of the twisting that you have been doing here. Because of Superman's interference it gave the Source time to call in his fallback plan,Orion.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/DotNG8p16-2.jpg

Mindset
So are we not going by actual feats in this thread?

just wondering

Allankles
No, the Source isn't. The Source isn't the presence which is the supreme power of the dcu. The hotu was the supreme power so don't try to justtify some sort of horrible connection between the two. Are you saying this because of genesis and the godwave?

I said the Source is an aspect of the Presence, what is difficult to understand about being a part of the Presence? The Presence has many aspects, the Word, The Source, Wrath, Mercy. All of these are manifestations of one kind or another but even together only comprise a small fraction of his being.

Allankles
I also like where you took out my response to this as you knew you wrong.

It wasn't Superman's interpretation of events it was the Source. Here let me show you the scan and call you on some of the twisting that you have been doing here. Because of Superman's interference it gave the Source time to call in his fallback plan,Orion.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/DotNG8p16-2.jpg

bangin

Where is the Source's interpretation of events there? I already have DOTNG mini in my hard drive. This was already retconned as Superman's interpretation of the Source. The Source has no specific shape or form, so people interpret it differently.

quanchi112
The Source's has power over the concept of energy (get that first). The very concept of energy, it is the foundation of the expression of energy. So no it can't be replaced as DS noted in DOTNG, however he could attempt to impose his will upon its sapience. Ds couldn't replace or destroy the Source because he was tapping into his power while Thanos wasn't tapping into Eternity's power for one.

For two he didn't destroy Eternity he imprisoned him just like Ds was about to do to the Source. laughing out loud

quanchi112
I said the Source is an aspect of the Presence, what is difficult to understand about being a part of the Presence? The Presence has many aspects, the Word, The Source, Wrath, Mercy. All of these are manifestations of one kind or another but even together only comprise a small fraction of his being. The Source isn't supreme while the hotu is. End of story.Originally posted by Allankles
bangin

Where is the Source's interpretation of events there? I already have DOTNG mini in my hard drive. This was already retconned as Superman's interpretation of the Source. The Source has no specific shape or form, so people interpret it differently. The Source said his(Superman's) resistance lasted long enough and Ds said what, then he explained his fallback option. It is right on the page.

Allankles
Ds couldn't replace or destroy the Source because he was tapping into his power while Thanos wasn't tapping into Eternity's power for one.

For two he didn't destroy Eternity he imprisoned him just like Ds was about to do to the Source. laughing out loud

The Source governs all energy in the DCU so DS could only impose his will upon it. The fact that the IG could overcome Eternity proves that he doesn't function like the Source. Without the Source there's no energy since it governs the very concept of energy and by extension creation.

quanchi112
The Source governs all energy in the DCU so DS could only impose his will upon it. The fact that the IG could overcome Eternity proves that he doesn't function like the Source. Without the Source there's no energy since it governs the very concept of energy and by extension creation. He doesn't have to function like the Source to be above the Source. Lt for example.

Thanos easily imprisons him like Ds was about to do and just like he imprisoned Eternity.

Uxas Khan
Going by feats the IG wins without much trouble.

Allankles
He doesn't have to function like the Source to be above the Source. Lt for example.

Thanos easily imprisons him like Ds was about to do and just like he imprisoned Eternity.

The Source is not an anthromorphic entity like Eternity hence the reason DOTNG was retconned. The Source cannot be imprisoned.

Also the IG proves Eternity isn't in the same ballpark as the Source.

Galan007
Nice fallicious syllogism. The IG's power is the same as the HOTU, just external control of it rather than having it internally. I highly doubt LT could've shut off THOTI.

Heart > LT > Infinity Gems. imo.

Lucifer and Michael were shown to be beyond The Source's power. Spectre and probably Radiant and anyone tied to The Presence's power would probably be, too. So no... The Shade's powers are also independent of the Source. Culp's powers would be as well. *Flash Fact*

-K-M-
Originally posted by Galan007
*Flash Fact*

nerd

Galan007
whatdididocry

Nihilist
IG wins.

massive soul suck maybe...via soul/power gem.

quanchi112
The Source is not an anthromorphic entity like Eternity hence the reason DOTNG was retconned. The Source cannot be imprisoned.

Also the IG proves Eternity isn't in the same ballpark as the Source. According to this thread he can be imprisoned as this is the actual story that this particular thread pertains to.

No, the ig proves that Eternity isn't in the same ballpark as the the ig which has nothing to do with the Source.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
I highly doubt LT could've shut off THOTI.

Of course he could not have. Like I said, HOTU was internal control while the gauntlet was external. It's like the HOTU are buttons on a television, while the gauntlet is a remote control for the television. Lot easier to get the remote not to work...just block the signal.

And I hesistated to use that analogy because it's not even that simple as you well know, Mr. IG Respect Thread. LT needed Warlock's permission before he could deactivate the gauntlet.

Back to the topic at hand, Thanos stomps.

Knowsbleed33

Marvel fanboy.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Marvel fanboy.

I'm also a 'Defenders vs. Offenders' fanboy....that arc looks gooood.

Mindset
I'm also a 'Defenders vs. Offenders' fanboy....that arc looks gooood. Are you being sarcastic?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Are you being sarcastic?

No. I don't like anything Hulk-related generally, but both Skaar and Hulk have good stories going currently...IMO.

Knowsbleed33
I liked the art from the latest issue.

That's about it.

Mr Master

Of course he could not have. Like I said, HOTU was internal control while the gauntlet was external. It's like the HOTU are buttons on a television, while the gauntlet is a remote control for the television. Lot easier to get the remote not to work...just block the signal.
THOTI>LT>IG

Basically IG makes you God beneath the LT,
while THOTI makes one God above the LT.

LT needed Warlock's permission before he could deactivate the gauntlet.
Huh?

guy222
thanos w/ig ftw

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mr Master
Basically IG makes you God beneath the LT,
while THOTI makes one God above the LT.

I got a good laugh out of that.

Mindset

horrorwolf
He doesn't have to function like the Source to be above the Source. Lt for example.

And Thanos with the IG takes this.

Easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.