Wolverine vs Man Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doom and Gloom
Fight takes place in the everglades.

tkitna
There is absolutly nothing that Wolverine could do to Man-Thing. Man-Thing wins with the burn of fear.

jinzin
Originally posted by tkitna
There is absolutly nothing that Wolverine could do to Man-Thing. Man-Thing wins with the burn of fear. pretty much what I was about to say word for word.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by tkitna
There is absolutly nothing that Wolverine could do to Man-Thing. Man-Thing wins with the burn of fear.

Yeah that sums it up.

KingD19
Stalemate

Man Thing can continuously regenerate from the swamp indefinitely, and Wolverine can heal indefinitely.

Lol, kidding.

Although the Burn doesn't work unless Thing senses fear, and I highly doubt he'll sense that from Logan.

Astanax
Yeah, I don't see how Wolverine's fighting ability would come into play in this one. Wolverine would eventually lose since he can't do anything to hurt Man Thing.

KingD19
He could lead him out of the swamp. Man-Thing isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

tkitna
Originally posted by KingD19
He could lead him out of the swamp. Man-Thing isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

That might work if the thread starter didnt establish the fight took place in the everglades. Man-Thing would win. All he has to do for the victory is a KO right? If so, he could hold Wolverine under water until he passes out or even suck him into his own body. Regardless, Wolverine isnt taking even one in this scenerio.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by KingD19
Stalemate

Man Thing can continuously regenerate from the swamp indefinitely, and Wolverine can heal indefinitely.

Lol, kidding.

Although the Burn doesn't work unless Thing senses fear, and I highly doubt he'll sense that from Logan.

Nah..It's "whatever knows fear burns at the Man Thing's touch" Logan is capable of feeling fear so the burn would work.

Man Thing FTW

The Dark Cloud
Bump

long pig
Is this h2h? The everglades allows wolvie to use his stealth and other senses, which gives him the element of suprise. They both have equal healing and Wolvi can't be harmed by the fear thing because he's never afraid. What are man thing's best speed, strength and martial art feats? I say wolvie wins via speed stealth and martial arts ability. He could use nerve strikes. MT is at a disadvantage cuz he's not in an open area and thus wolvi can use his ninja skill.

Prep-Man
Man Thing

long pig
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Man Thing How? He's not even a 100 ton strength and wolvi beat Hulk. He's got no speed feats and wolvie blitzed Quicksilver. Manthing is a white belt in karate and wolvi is the best MA in comics. And MT has no enhanced senses so wolvi can sneak up and SNIKT! Fights over.

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Nah..It's "whatever knows fear burns at the Man Thing's touch" Logan is capable of feeling fear so the burn would work.

No, it only burns if the person feels fear while MT is touching them.

So if he pulled out his algae covered schlong he could cremate Wolverine, otherwise he'll have to settle for just beating him to death.

Simbon
Wolverine is a pansy,-- a quivering jello of a man who only appears buoyant because he is perpetually afloat in a pool of his own urine, and whose hunched stance and growling bravado are merely red herrings meant to distract from the fundamental deficiency of his height, made all the more insurmountable by his adamantium skeleton. The truth is that Logan can't even tell when others are afraid, because his nostrils are always so stuffed up with his own unfettered cowardice. Simply the fear of his own fear, and the effects of the man-thing's touch, would make Logan curl up into a ball before the vegetal menace even got close to him. Since Wolverine is also an impotent, limp-wristed massochist, the idea of being burned by an entity so vastly superior to him would make his submission proceed with all the more alacrity.

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by long pig
How? He's not even a 100 ton strength and wolvi beat Hulk. He's got no speed feats and wolvie blitzed Quicksilver. Manthing is a white belt in karate and wolvi is the best MA in comics. And MT has no enhanced senses so wolvi can sneak up and SNIKT! Fights over.

What exactly could Wolverine do to Man Thing? His claws would be useless. Man Thing has no nerves to strike...he's basically just walking slime.

inimalist
Is this h2h? The everglades allows wolvie to use his stealth and other senses, which gives him the element of suprise.

Man-Thing empathically senses the emotions of everything around him, passively. Wolverine couldn't sneak up on him, especially in a forum scenario, where we consider that the characters are fighting to the best of their abilities.

In any event, Man-Thing is also curious, so any emotions unique to the swamp (ie Wolverine) would attract his attention

They both have equal healing

maybe over long periods of time, but Man-Thing can reform from complete destruction in a matter of seconds, whereas it is possible to take wolvie down long enough for a KO

and Wolvi can't be harmed by the fear thing because he's never afraid.

Man-Thing empathically produces feelings of fear in his opponents, something people have been able to do to Wolverine in the past

What are man thing's best speed, strength and martial art feats?

He is slow, unskilled, and probably in the 5-6 ton range

I say wolvie wins via speed stealth and martial arts ability. He could use nerve strikes.

Man-thing has no nerves at which to strike....

MT is at a disadvantage cuz he's not in an open area and thus wolvi can use his ninja skill.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6108/masterofkungfu01907.jpg

How? He's not even a 100 ton strength and wolvi beat Hulk. He's got no speed feats and wolvie blitzed Quicksilver. Manthing is a white belt in karate and wolvi is the best MA in comics. And MT has no enhanced senses so wolvi can sneak up and SNIKT! Fights over.

you... you haven't read much Man-Thing, have you?

Scoobless
Originally posted by inimalist

you... you haven't read much Man-Thing, have you?

Problem here is that you haven't read much Long pig, sarcastic little bastard that he is.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not saying he can't be a nice guy on occasion, but well ..... ok, I guess he can't.

no expression

inimalist
no, I get that. I was like, 30% sure he wasn't being serious

man-thing is so awesome

basilisk
Don't forget Man-Thing is immensely strong and has also defeated the Hulk, and between Swamp Thing's connection to the swamp and his ability to detect emotions I don't think Wolverine could sneak up on him there. Wolverine's MA and claws aren't going to do much here anyway.

When he is being sucked drowning into the swamp muck Wolverine will eventually know fear and start to burn. When that happens, his healing factor is going to make for a very long and painful experience as his flesh burns, his lungs fill with water and swamp turd, and he can't even scream any more.

long pig
In all seriousness, that man-thing is too big for ol wolvi to take. That man-thing would litterally tear him in half. His healing factor would be overloaded. Hell, even a smaller man-thing can do damage to a man. Wolvie would have to start with the smallest man-things first and gradually work his way up to the Giant sized Man-Thing. Just one man's honest opinion.

inimalist
lol.....

inimalist
Originally posted by basilisk
Don't forget Man-Thing is immensely strong

if I wanted to get all fanboy, I'd say he is a 10 tonner, but more accurately he is in the 5-6 range

Starscream M
Originally posted by inimalist
if I wanted to get all fanboy, I'd say he is a 10 tonner, but more accurately he is in the 5-6 range that's not strong at all.

he's stronger than you and way cooler too

inimalist
Originally posted by Starscream M
that's not strong at all.

thats more my point. he can hang with people like hulk, thing, etc, because their strength works against them (they get tangled and suffocates in man-things mass), not because he is in the same strength class as them. Man-Thing vs WWH would have been interesting for this reason, however, manny does lack a strong attack that might finish the fight.

Originally posted by 753
he's stronger than you and way cooler too

preach on, brotherman!

godking
Is this h2h? The everglades allows wolvie to use his stealth and other senses, which gives him the element of suprise. They both have equal healing and Wolvi can't be harmed by the fear thing because he's never afraid. What are man thing's best speed, strength and martial art feats? I say wolvie wins via speed stealth and martial arts ability. He could use nerve strikes. MT is at a disadvantage cuz he's not in an open area and thus wolvi can use his ninja skill. Do you actually know who man-thing is ?.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.