5th Dimension Imps vs. Protege'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
Imps:
-Mxyzptlk
-Bat-Mite
-Qwsp
-ThunderBolt
-Mnky

-is Protege' too outnumbered here to handle 5 Imps or does he duplicate thier power and hand them their @$$?

kgkg
If Protege copies he wins

Astner
Protege has a good chance in team battles, as he will have all their powers combined.

Enyalus
Protege is kind of like a cosmic-level AMAZO. Putting him against this team means Protege kills them all, quick.

Knowsbleed33
Protege.

skygunner41
BTW what is the base level of protege.?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Protege is kind of like a cosmic-level AMAZO. Putting him against this team means Protege kills them all, quick.
How? They would destroy him before he got the chance to copy the power.

occultdestroyer
I don't see why the 5D Imps won't put a 'cosmic muzzle' on Protege

And isn't Thunderbolt a 5D Genie?

kgkg
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
I don't see why the 5D Imps won't put a 'cosmic muzzle' on Protege

And isn't Thunderbolt a 5D Genie? The same reason LT could not

fangirl101
He would lose. They send the weakest at him. He copies and they pwn him.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by kgkg
The same reason LT could not 10 to 1 current LT could do it

anyway all of 5D is too much
potentially hes stronger then them
but they aint just gonna wait till he copies all there powers

kgkg
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
10 to 1 current LT could do it

anyway all of 5D is too much
potentially hes stronger then them
but they aint just gonna wait till he copies all there powers Current LT has changed? wink

It takes time for him to copy?

occultdestroyer
Mxy feats far surpass that of Protege.
Especially if we throw in the Mxy & BatMite fight, where Mxy destroyed all the alternate universes and recreated them w/ a gesture.

SoulDevourer
Current LT has changed? wink

It takes time for him to copy? nope current LT is badass me says he could muzzle Protege

iceman24567
I haven't seen any recent LT appearances what the hell has he been up too?

SoulDevourer
when I say current I meant "more recent" ^__^ like back when LT neutralized the IG

Mindset
when I say current I meant "more recent" ^__^ like back when LT neutralized the IG When Warlock let him?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Mindset
When Warlock let him? http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5755/igattack.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2762/igstop.jpg

let him? whistling

Mindset
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5755/igattack.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2762/igstop.jpg

let him? whistling You realize that scene isn't where the IG was turned off, right?

SoulDevourer
You realize that scene isn't where the IG was turned off, right? yeah but LT neutralized IGs attack thats what I meant

Mindset
yeah but LT neutralized IGs attack thats what I meant I doubt it is, but w/e

Knowsbleed33
I am unconvinced the LT has any power over the IG when someone is using it.

kgkg
nope current LT is badass me says he could muzzle Protege what has current LT done? you mention the IG which happened around 1991 and Guardians of the Galaxy took place around the same time<this is where protege was shown>

heck if you want to go by time LT battle protege in the future

5th imsp muzzling him is unfounded

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I am unconvinced the LT has any power over the IG when someone is using it. http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5813/igpwned.jpg

kgkg
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5813/igpwned.jpg Was that for me read what i posted above

SoulDevourer
what has current LT done? you mention the IG which happened around 1991 and Guardians of the Galaxy took place around the same time<this is where protege was shown>

heck if you want to go by time LT battle protege in the futureonly in storyline future. older LT (older on panel) wuz way less powerfull

yeah maybe but your the one who cite LT remember? confusedOriginally posted by kgkg
The same reason LT could not this is where it gone offtopic :/

Knowsbleed33
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5813/igpwned.jpg

That was after AW agreed to give it up willingly.

kgkg
only in storyline future. older LT (older on panel) wuz way less powerfull
Why was he way less powerful? were are you getting this from? Beating the IG does make him more powerful than protege

I mentioned Lt since you claimed the muzzling part. My argument was that if LT could not do it i don't see how imps are going to

SoulDevourer
That was after AW agreed to give it up willingly. huh confused

LT turns off IG
then teh other abstracts ask LT to turn it back on
then LT turns it back on
then LT judge Adam & tells him to give up the IG

at least im sure thats how it goes
why is Adam gonna try use the IG again after he accept to give it up?

beside u said u aint sure if LT has power over the IG when someone uses it so I post a scan where LT switches it off when Adam uses it. who cares when it happened

Knowsbleed33
After AW agrees to give it up he isn't really using it anymore, is he?

SoulDevourer
Why was he way less powerful? were are you getting this from? because u remember when LT had to team up with other absracts just to defeat Galactus? (Galactus more powerfull then LT. lol! the same galactus whose suppose to be below Eternity and Eternity below LT)

I didnt claim nothing, u posted before me stick out tongue (I posted only after u mentioned LT)

just cause older LT at that time cant do it doesnt mean 5D imps cant. 5D imps are suppose to be ominpotent

not sayin they can muzzle protege, just sayin maybe they can

Enyalus
Why would any of them even think to try a 'muzzle'? They get common knowledge. Not intimate knowledge of how he was defeated.

SoulDevourer
After AW agrees to give it up he isn't really using it anymore, is he? well yeah thats the point in that scan hes trying to use it. so that happen before he accepts to give it up smile

Mindset
well yeah thats the point in that scan hes trying to use it. so that happen before he accepts to give it up smile no

quanchi112
Protege wins.

Knowsbleed33
Why does everyone keep using the muzzle excuse? That's not what stopped Protege. It was used so that Protege couldn't re-copy everyones power.

Mr Master

I am unconvinced the LT has any power over the IG when someone is using it.
LT is above the IG, there's no debating that,
his 06' bio confirms LT's power surpasses that of the Gems,
and interestingly enough, the bio uses the incident with Warlock as it's justification.

LT's Infinity War control over the IG says it all though.

Not to mention the LT himself basically conceded to this fact during the Rune arc.

older LT (older on panel) wuz way less powerfull

Not true, the LT has always been the same character,
and he's NEVER been retconned by a power-up, or down, or sideways.

LT turns off IG
then LT turns it back on

thumb up .. Yes, in this you're right,
and this further proves the LT's superiority over the IG,
when it's actual functionality depends on him.

because u remember when LT had to team up with other absracts just to defeat Galactus? (Galactus more powerfull then LT. lol! the same galactus whose suppose to be below Eternity and Eternity below LT)

Non-Canon garbage ...

Knowsbleed33
Then how come LT had to sit there and contemplate whether or not he was powerful enough to take the IG away from Adam? If he was above the IG and he knew he was above the IG he wouldn't have to consider it.

Mr Master

Then how come LT had to sit there and contemplate whether or not he was powerful enough to take the IG away from Adam? If he was above the IG and he knew he was above the IG he wouldn't have to consider it.
The LT exists on strict cosmic protocol,
and thus must have all of his 3 faces in agreement
before initiating any kind of action.

We have to understand,
the IG per TOAA allows the wielder to become God of everything,
with the exception of the LT.

So, just like the LT could not interfere with Thanos/IG
because Thanos was fairly replacing the sentience of space/time (Eternity/Infinity)
without changing the cosmic consonance of reality,
in the same fashion,
the LT had to evaluate if he had the authority to interfere with Warlock,
because again, the IG makes one the legitimate God/Supreme being of Reality,
unless TOAA empowers his representative to change that.
Remember, the LT was acting as a direct representative of TOAA's power.

But that aside, we know the LT is above the IG,
becaue of the Infinity War arc,
we also know because it was clarified in the LT's bio,
and we also know, because the LT acknowledged this to be true in the Rune arc.

guy222
TOAA is the only one above LT

LT>IG

occultdestroyer
Don't forget THOTI also >>> LT wink

guy222
Heart no longer exists my friend

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Mr Master

Non-Canon garbage ... how dyou figure? huh

what about Scathan then? celestial > LT even tho celestials are suppose to be < Eternity
Scathan canon or non canon?

also in older comic didnt Dr Strange prevent LT from destroyin his universe or something? so writers showed that Dr Strange can match LT (or was it Franklin Richard who fought LT, not sure)

Mindset
celestials are suppose to be < Eternity Why is that?

Just because he created them doesn't mean they have to be weaker than him, even though most are.

SoulDevourer
Why is that?

Just because he created them doesn't mean they have to be weaker than him, even though most are. so he can make his creation > himself? their only suppose to be his dreams or something

Mindset
so he can make his creation > himself? their only suppose to be his dreams or something Yea, because in comics it's unheard of for the creations to become stronger than their creators.

SoulDevourer
Yea, because in comics it's unheard of for the creations to become stronger than their creators. uh ok so now creators get pwned by there dreams lol w/e
btw aint eternity/infinity suppose to be like, Everything?

Mindset
uh ok so now creators get pwned by there dreams lol w/e
btw aint eternity/infinity suppose to be like, Everything? If they were everything than there wouldn't be beings stronger than them, which there are.

Mutants were a result of Celestials, yet there have been mutants stronger than both Celestials and Eternity.

I don't know why you're lol...

SoulDevourer
If they were everything than there wouldn't be beings stronger than them, which there are.

Mutants were a result of Celestials, yet there have been mutants stronger than both Celestials and Eternity.

I don't know why you're lol... ok but then this mean Eternitys not everything no more
so Eternity wuz retconned

Mindset
ok then this means Eternitys not everything no more
so Eternity wuz retconned

Eternity is the entirety of a universe, that doesn't mean he is everything.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CaptainMarvelIV05p21-1.jpg

SoulDevourer
Eternity is the entirety of a universe, that doesn't mean he is everything. then whose the one who embody entire Marvel multiverse (aint he also called Eternity? huh )

or is it just 2 diferent caracters with same name (like TOAA and celestial-TOAA)

Mindset
then whose the one who embody entire Marvel multiverse (aint he also called Eternity? huh )

or is it just 2 diferent caracters with same name (like TOAA and celestial-TOAA) multiverse/universe/omniverse w/e

He's the entirety of the MU.

SoulDevourer
alrite

guy222
too bad eternity has been portrayed as a jobber

recreating earth cool feat

Galan007
Non-Canon garbage ... Well.... If there's only one LT in all creation, wouldn't that make any appearances he's made (be them in What If's, or even MC2) canonical showings for him?

Anyhow, Protege ftw.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Galan007
Well.... If there's only one LT in all creation, wouldn't that make any appearances he's made (be them in What If's, or even MC2) canonical showings for him?

Anyhow, Protege ftw.
Only if the thing is canon to the marvel omniverse... there's a difference between it being an AU and it being completely stricken from the records.

Galan007
Originally posted by King Kandy
Only if the thing is canon to the marvel omniverse... there's a difference between it being an AU and it being completely stricken from the records. Is there proof that any of LT's showings have been 'trashed' by Marvel?

King Kandy
Is there proof that any of LT's showings have been 'trashed' by Marvel?
No, just commenting because i've heard that "There's no such thing as a noncanon LT appearance" line thrown out a lot and it isn't necessarily true. I have no idea if Last Planet Standing is canon or not.

Juntai
Originally posted by King Kandy
No, just commenting because i've heard that "There's no such thing as a noncanon LT appearance" line thrown out a lot and it isn't necessarily true. I have no idea if Last Planet Standing is canon or not. Last Planet Standing is part of the MC2 universe. It's certainly canon to that universe. It was even done by the same dude who wrote pretty much all of the MC2 books.

Mr Master
edit

Mr Master

Well.... If there's only one LT in all creation, wouldn't that make any appearances he's made (be them in What If's, or even MC2) canonical showings for him?
Yes, but that specific MC2 story, is not canon,
it's not reference in LT's bio (06' Handbook or the updated 08' Marv.com)
unlike all of the LT's appearances which are.
It's also not referenced in the MC2 Universe bio either in the Alternate verses Handbook.

Thank goodness too, cause that horse shit is about as bad as it gets,
when it comes to raping Marvel cosmological sense.

Mr Master

how dyou figure?
Marvel On Panel facts.

what about Scathan then?
celestial > LT even tho celestials are suppose to be < Eternity

Scathan canon or non canon?
We don't know where the heck Scathan came from,
Scathan is from a future 1000 years from now,
and Scathan is obviously no common Celestial.

Scathan is definitely canon,
we know this because he's referenced in the LT's bio, including his feat.

also in older comic didnt Dr Strange prevent LT from destroyin his universe or something? so writers showed that Dr Strange can match LT (or was it Franklin Richard who fought LT, not sure)
Never, in the history of Marvel comics,
has Strange or Franky, ever come close to challenging the LT,
both Strange & Franky are less than fleas to the LT.

SoulDevourer
Never, in the history of Marvel comics,
has Strange or Franky, ever come close to challenging the LT,
both Strange & Franky are less than fleas to the LT. ok then what about the time when LT battle against that green guy who had a "polar staff" (or is it "solar staff" i not sure now) which can absorb power

the green guy couldnt harm LT but LT couldnt harm the green guy either (LTs power was useless against the polar staff it absorb all LTs attacks) so it look like they were matched!

in fact iirc LT wuz forced to destroy the green guys planet (btw LT uses energy blasts just to destroy mere planet? current LT can destroy a multiverse just by thinking it huh )
but that didnt work either and the green guy was about to make last ditch attempt against LT by using all his staff power. then Dr Strange swoop in & snatch the staff
so this means if Dr Strange wasnt there then the green guy wouldve defeated LT? confused

now fast foward & compare this with LT vs Adam where LT could neutralize the IG with simple thought (IG is >> magic staff right?)
so on 1 hand LT has trouble against some dude with a staff but on the other hand hes shown to be > IG

complexbrother
huh confused

LT turns off IG
then LT turns it back on
then LT judge Adam & tells him to give up the IG

at least im sure thats how it goes
why is Adam gonna try use the IG again after he accept to give it up?

beside u said u aint sure if LT has power over the IG when someone uses it so I post a scan where LT switches it off when Adam uses it. who cares when it happened

no you are all wrong.

Adam Warlock voluntarily disassembles the IG and gives 5 of the gems to his compatriots (the 6Th to a mystery character). the LT ordered the gems not to work in unison again to protect all reality from it's effects and possibly another despot like Thanos. the scene that you have shown is when AW collected all the gems to try and recreate the infinity Gauntlet to to stop the Goddess (who had 30 cosmic cubes) . the Living Tribunal never "cut off" the IG or disrupted it's powers. only it's effects (like when during the trial when Adam Warlock was about to go into battle with the other abstract entities, LT stopped the battle be making the abstract entities stand still, he did nothing to the IG or Warlock)

Galan007
Originally posted by complexbrother
the Living Tribunal never "cut off" the IG or disrupted it's powers. only it's effects (like when during the trial when Adam Warlock was about to go into battle with the other abstract entities, LT stopped the battle be making the abstract entities stand still, he did nothing to the IG or Warlock) I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and say you haven't read much at all relating to the IG. I only say this because it's pretty common knowledge to anyone who has at least skimmed through said arcs, that LT ruled the infinity gems could not be used in unison. So yes, LT did 'cut off' the IG.

King Kandy
ok then what about the time when LT battle against that green guy who had a "polar staff" (or is it "solar staff" i not sure now) which can absorb power

the green guy couldnt harm LT but LT couldnt harm the green guy either (LTs power was useless against the polar staff it absorb all LTs attacks) so it look like they were matched!

in fact iirc LT wuz forced to destroy the green guys planet (btw LT uses energy blasts just to destroy mere planet? current LT can destroy a multiverse just by thinking it huh )
but that didnt work either and the green guy was about to make last ditch attempt against LT by using all his staff power. then Dr Strange swoop in & snatch the staff
so this means if Dr Strange wasnt there then the green guy wouldve defeated LT? confused
That's Nebulos your talking about. Absolutely worst showing LT's ever had. You should give him a break though, that was like his second appearance and he wasn't even written as above Eternity at the time. And regardless LT was winning that fight.

Mindset
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and say you haven't read much at all relating to the IG. I only say this because it's pretty common knowledge to anyone who has at least skimmed through said arcs, that LT ruled the infinity gems could not be used in unison. So yes, LT did 'cut off' the IG.

Originally posted by complexbrother
the LT ordered the gems not to work in unison again Que?

Galan007
Que? I was replying to his "LT never cut off the IG's power" statement - but yeah, I see now that he pretty much contradicted himself.

complexbrother
I did not contradict myself. *sigh*

Warlock agreed to stop using the power of the IG

"Nebula loses the Gauntlet to Adam Warlock. Thanos then appears to commit suicide by detonating a nuclear bomb rather than be taken prisoner, but actually retreats to contemplate his loss.

Following this, the Gauntlet is destroyed by Adam, who (after being decreed mentaly unfit to bear the weight of godhood) gives the six Infinity Gems to different guardians to prevent them ever being used again, this decision being further reinforced when The Living Tribunal decrees that the Gems shall never again be allowed to work as one"

see there is a diffrence .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.