Movie X-Men vs. Movie Transformers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
So how would the muties do here? Win, lose, draw?

xJLxKing
Depends which mutanta you use. The robots are outnumbered.

KingD19
Magneto, Pyro, Storm, Iceman. They alone win the fight.

Magneto controls their bodies.

Iceman freezes them, which is shown to be incredibly effective in the movie.

Storm can do the same as Bobby, plus she can call down lightning.

Pyro can heat them up enough to damage them.

BTW, did you mean simply the X-Men, or every mutant in the X-Men movies?

Pyron_Knight
Any mutant in the X-men films.

Spire
Transformers stomp.

Alien tech, intelligence and experience ftw.

KingD19
Spire, you didn't just see my post?

Spire
Originally posted by KingD19
Spire, you didn't just see my post?

No, I read it twice.

KingD19
So you didn't see any validtiy in the mutants I listed taking down the Transformers?

Spire
So you didn't see any validtiy in the mutants I listed taking down the Transformers?

Well not really. I mean Frenzy goes down and so does maybe Scorponok. But the others....

I'm not sure about Magneto controlling any of them seeing as how Blackout launched EMP at the beginning and started blowing stuff up.

As for durability they just slammed into earth from upper atmosphere and just walked off.

Alien physiology, tech, intelligence and experience stomps.

KingD19
Well, Megatron was frozen for centuries at temperatures Iceman can generate in moments, as was Bumblebee kept on ice. Sabot rounds took the transformers down, so they aren't that durable.

Storm can flash fry their circuits, and an EMP and Magnetic Manipulation are two different things. Being the source of an EMP means that Blackout wasn't effected, and all an EMP does is shutdown electronics. Magneto can control everything on the Electromagnetic spectrum.

Pyro can also generate enough heat to sizzle their circuits, or directly damage them. Plus Juggernaut is there too.

horrorwolf
Movie X-men FTW

Spire
Well, Megatron was frozen for centuries at temperatures Iceman can generate in moments, as was Bumblebee kept on ice. Sabot rounds took the transformers down, so they aren't that durable.

Storm can flash fry their circuits, and an EMP and Magnetic Manipulation are two different things. Being the source of an EMP means that Blackout wasn't effected, and all an EMP does is shutdown electronics. Magneto can control everything on the Electromagnetic spectrum.

Pyro can also generate enough heat to sizzle their circuits, or directly damage them. Plus Juggernaut is there too.

Cool. My turn.

Megatron being frozen was plot device. Lets see movie iceman try to pull that one on him.

Bumblebee could have easily pwned those soldiers hitting him with freeze guns.

Prove that movie Storm can fry circuits or do anything to ancient alien beings with alien tech and physiology.

Prove that movie Magneto can do the same. Blackout was immune to an electromagnetic attack.

Lawl movie Pyro... Transformers perform a free fall through our atmosphere then slam into earth then just walked away.

Megatron or Optimus bfr movie Juggs.

Transformers blow stuff up with AOE.

Transformers are alien beings with intelligence, experience, tech, and physiology.

KingD19
We're going by what happened in the movies, whether it was a plot device or not, Megs got frozen, and stayed that way for centuries with liquid nitrogen. He got frozen, so Bobby can freeze him.

He could not have pwned them, the freeze guns caused him intense pain, which is why he was crying, or whatever that noise was. If he could have taken them, he would. Only when they stopped freezing him inside the dam get he get up ready to blast somebody.

Storm can call down natural lightning, which strikes at temperatures of 30,000 degrees, and travels at speeds of 60,000 mph. If that hits you, and you're metal, I think you're going to be effected.

And just because he generated an EMP, doesn't mean he's immune to magnetic manipulation. Jazz' shield had a big magnet in it, but I doubt he himself was immune to magnetic control.

Spire
We're going by what happened in the movies, whether it was a plot device or not, Megs got frozen, and stayed that way for centuries with liquid nitrogen. He got frozen, so Bobby can freeze him.

He could not have pwned them, the freeze guns caused him intense pain, which is why he was crying, or whatever that noise was. If he could have taken them, he would. Only when they stopped freezing him inside the dam get he get up ready to blast somebody.

Storm can call down natural lightning, which strikes at temperatures of 30,000 degrees, and travels at speeds of 60,000 mph. If that hits you, and you're metal, I think you're going to be effected.

And just because he generated an EMP, doesn't mean he's immune to magnetic manipulation. Jazz' shield had a big magnet in it, but I doubt he himself was immune to magnetic control.

Missing the point. Movie Bobby isn't going to be doing jack to Megatron.

Optimus himself said that they didn't want to hurt humans which is why Bumblebee just sat there. Try again.

Lol at movie Storm. The transformers did a free fall though our atmosphere then got up and walked away in a shiny new skin.

Prove that movie Magento can effect ancient alien beings, with super intelligence, tons of experience, alien tech and alien physiology.

KingD19
The point is, going by what happened in the movie, Megatron got frozen, so he can get frozen in this fight. It won't be that hard for Bobby to get behind them, then he can just freeze away.

If that's true, then why was he about to blow them all to hell inside the dam until Sam told him to stop?

Only their proto-forms survived the free fall, I doubt a bot in a car form or regular robot mode could do that. Although Starscream did it in his jet mode, so it may or may not be a factor. Although, what ammo did the humans use to kill the Transformers???? That's right, high heat sabot rounds. Is lightning high heat, I think so.

It doesn't matter that they're ancient, alien, or there level of intelligence or experience. If they have any ferrous metal used in the construction of their body, any metal that's at all effected by Magnetism, then Magneto has them.

Mindset
Originally posted by Spire

Prove that movie Magento can effect ancient alien beings, with super intelligence, tons of experience, alien tech and alien physiology. The fact that they are made of metal?

Spire
Originally posted by Mindset
The fact that they are made of metal?

That's right they are straight off the line out of a steel factory in Pittsburgh.

Doom's suit is made out of metal too.

KingD19
Doom didn't go up against Magneto, so that's not relevant at all. And like we both said, any type of metal manipulated by magnetism is already a huuuuge advantage for the master of magnetism.

Spire
Doom didn't go up against Magneto, so that's not relevant at all. And like we both said, any type of metal manipulated by magnetism is already a huuuuge advantage for the master of magnetism.

Tech>Magnetism

KingD19
What are you talking about, you're not giving any facts here. There's nothing that shows the movie transformers aren't effected by magnetism. Just because Blackout did an EMP, doesn't mean he's immune, how many times do I have to say it. You're also refusing to acknowledge all the info and things I've said because you obviously wan Transformers to win. But just because you want them to win, doesn't mean they do.

Kazenji
Just because Blackout did an EMP, doesn't mean he's immune, .

Yeah, he's the one that did the EMP blast and was standing in the middle of it of course it would'nt of effected him.

KingD19
Well, when he's the source of it I doubt it would effect him. But there is nothing that suggest he's immune to being manipulated by magnetism.

Mindset
That's right they are straight off the line out of a steel factory in Pittsburgh.

Doom's suit is made out of metal too. Doom created a device to negate Magneto's powers.

How is that at all relevant to the Transformers?

Your sarcasm doesn't make your argument any stronger.

Spire
What are you talking about, you're not giving any facts here. There's nothing that shows the movie transformers aren't effected by magnetism. Just because Blackout did an EMP, doesn't mean he's immune, how many times do I have to say it. You're also refusing to acknowledge all the info and things I've said because you obviously wan Transformers to win. But just because you want them to win, doesn't mean they do.

So your telling me that ancient alien beings with alien tech and physiology coupled with super intelligence and tons of experience don't have tech to overcome a magnetic attack.

There is nothing in the movie to show that Magneto can manipulate them.

Just because you want them to lose, doesn't mean they do.

Mindset
So your telling me that ancient alien beings with alien tech and physiology coupled with super intelligence and tons of experience don't have tech to overcome a magnetic attack.

There is nothing in the movie to show that Magneto can manipulate them.

Just because you want them to lose, doesn't mean they do. So you're assuming they have abilities that they haven't shown?

KingD19
According to the movies.....no.

This is movie based, what happened in the movies, the movies dude. Also, the only character shown in the TF movie with magnetic capabilities was Jazz, and that was just his shield plucking a few guns out of the Sec-7 agents hands.

There's nothing in the movie to show he can't manipulate them is it?

Spire
Doom created a device to negate Magneto's powers.

How is that at all relevant to the Transformers?

Are you serious?

Spire
So you're assuming they have abilities that they haven't shown?

Nope.

Mindset
Are you serious? Yes, are you?

I hope not.

Mindset
Nope. Well then where is your proof they can negate the effects of Magneto's powers?

That's a basic thing, to actually back up your argument with relevant proof.

darthgoober
I don't doubt Mag's ability to manipulate a few transformers, but Movie Mags doesn't=Comic Mags and I don't see him being able to take out the entire roster simaltaniously. Same thing goes with Iceman, he might be able to freeze a transformer, but I don't think he's powerful enought to freeze them all. He'd probably have to take them down one at a time and it'd probably take a bit. As for who wins here, it depends on who all is involved in the fight. If we're talking about...

The entire X-Men Academy+Brotherhood and/or Phoenix vs Autobots+Decepticons, I give it to the Mutants.

The X-Men(regular Jean)+Brotherhood vs Autobots+Decepticons I'd give it to the Transformers.

Spire
According to the movies.....no.

This is movie based, what happened in the movies, the movies dude. Also, the only character shown in the TF movie with magnetic capabilities was Jazz, and that was just his shield plucking a few guns out of the Sec-7 agents hands.

There's nothing in the movie to show he can't manipulate them is it?

Nothing to show he can.

Also apparently the transformers are aware magnetism, give Jazz's shield and Blackout's EMP.

Why don't they attack each other with magnetism?

Mindset
Originally posted by darthgoober
I don't doubt Mag's ability to manipulate a few transformers, but Movie Mags doesn't=Comic Mags and I don't see him being able to take out the entire roster simaltaniously. Same thing goes with Iceman, he might be able to free a transformer, but I don't think he's powerful enought to freeze them all. He'd probably have to take them down one at a time and it'd probably take a bit. As for who wins here, it depends on who all is involved in the fight. If we're talking about...

The entire X-Men Academy+Brotherhood and/or Phoenix vs Autobots+Decepticons, I give it to the Mutants.

The X-Men(regular Jean)+Brotherhood vs Autobots+Decepticons I'd give it to the Transformers. It's all the mutants that were shown.

And I don't doubt the Transformers could beat Mags if he was by himself, but to think they wont be affected by his powers based on imaginary abilities, well I don't see that. (Not directed at you)

KingD19
Plus you've got to take in account what everyone can do, and all of them fighting as a team.

Cyclops hits hard enough to knock normal people a long way, I think a full powered blast could at least knock a TF over.

I already said my piece on Storm

Kitty can seriously mess up some wiring

Juggs can hit pretty hard

Said my piece on Pyro

Said my piece on Iceman

etc, etc.....

And just becuase they are aware of and use magnetism in several non combat purposes, it doesn't make it an effective weapon when you've got energy cannons and machine guns and such.

Spire
Well then where is your proof they can negate the effects of Magneto's powers?

There is nothing to show movie Mags can effect alien beings with alien tech and physiology, coupled with vast intelligence and experience.

That's a basic thing, to actually back up your argument with relevant proof.

Then get to work son.

Mindset
There is nothing to show movie Mags can effect alien beings with alien tech and physiology, coupled with vast intelligence and experience.

Then get to work son. The fact that they are made of metal and have not shown any resistance to magnetism.

Spire
The fact that they are made of metal and have not shown any resistance to magnetism.

Oh and they have never been attacked with magnetism. Not even from each other despite their apparent knowledge of EM.

Mindset
Oh and they have never been attacked with magnetism. Not even from each other despite their apparent knowledge of EM. So your proof that they are immune to it is because they were never shown to be attacked by it.

That's not proof.

KingD19
Well, to use it magnetism attacks that would be effective on each other, they would have to either build large scale machines capable of effecting each other, or integrating it into themselves. I saw none of that in the movie.

Spire
So your proof that they are immune to it is because they were never shown to be attacked by it.

That's not proof.

With a simple flip, the same can be said about your post.

The only difference is that I have provided strong arguments in favor of my position.

KingD19
Actually, Magneto in the movies has affected various types of metals, showing a high versatility in what he can manipulate, and there's also a moderate to high percentage that the TF's have some of that metal in them, or at least if not, the metal is able to be manipulated via magnetism.

Saying that they are ancient aliens with advanced tech, a bunch of experience, and immense knowledge, which automatically makes them immune to Magnetic manipulation is not a strong argument, it's putting together a vague statement in the attempts of making yourself seem right without having to explain anything.

Mindset
With a simple flip, the same can be said about your post.

The only difference is that I have provided strong arguments in favor of my position. Yes you could say the same about my post, except it would be nonsensical.

Because something was not used on the Transformers does not mean they will not be affected by it.

Magneto was never shown to be hurt by bullets or energy blasts, he must be immune.

Spire
Actually, Magneto in the movies has affected various types of metals, showing a high versatility in what he can manipulate, and there's also a moderate to high percentage that the TF's have some of that metal in them, or at least if not, the metal is able to be manipulated via magnetism.

Saying that they are ancient aliens with advanced tech, a bunch of experience, and immense knowledge, which automatically makes them immune to Magnetic manipulation is not a strong argument, it's putting together a vague statement in the attempts of making yourself seem right without having to explain anything.

Magneto couldn't couldn't get out of a plastic box...

Why don't the transformer use EM attacks against each other. Why wasn't Blackout affected by a EMP?

Spire
Yes you could say the same about my post, except it would be nonsensical.

Because something was not used on the Transformers does not mean they will not be affected by it.

Magneto was never shown to be hurt by bullets or energy blasts, he must be immune.

Try harder. At least.

Magneto told the Brotherhood to protect him.

Sabretooth also had his hand around his neck. He bluffed Charles that he wouldn't kill him.

KingD19
Yeah, when was the last time plastic was metal? He is the MASTER OF MAGNETISM!!!! Not plastic. And when Mystique gave that guy the iron tablets, Magneto pulled them right out of his stomach, and those three tiny balls tore that cell to shreds, then he stretched the metal to make stepping platforms for himself, while twirling the others around, with no effort on his part.

Blackout was the source of the EMP, it would be stupid to build something that effects yourself. And every TF has a weapon unique to them. Only Megatron had that fusion cannon, only Prime had the heat blade, only Jazz had the magnet shield, only Blackout had the EMP. Just because he has an EMP, doesn't mean he can't be effected by magnetism.

Spire
Yeah, when was the last time plastic was metal? He is the MASTER OF MAGNETISM!!!! Not plastic. And when Mystique gave that guy the iron tablets, Magneto pulled them right out of his stomach, and those three tiny balls tore that cell to shreds, then he stretched the metal to make stepping platforms for himself, while twirling the others around, with no effort on his part.

Blackout was the source of the EMP, it would be stupid to build something that effects yourself. And every TF has a weapon unique to them. Only Megatron had that fusion cannon, only Prime had the heat blade, only Jazz had the magnet shield, only Blackout had the EMP. Just because he has an EMP, doesn't mean he can't be effected by magnetism.

Oh ok, so you don't know what your talking about. He shouldn't have needed 'metal' to escape.

Do you know what EM is?

How come he couldn't stop a guard from crap-stomping his is ass?

KingD19
Well, obviously I don't know what I'm talking about, magnetism has always been extremely effective on plastic. The movie Magneto controls metal only, not all of the things he did in the EU, he's been severely downplayed from the comic and cartoon version. So he needed metal to manipulate to get out of the cell.

EM is electromagnetism, just like EMP stands for electromagnetic pulse.

And without metal to manipulate, he's just an old man, so what could he do against a moderately young guard whose much stronger than him?

Also, I feel the need to point this out, since you apparently don't get it, we're going by the movies. This is movie Magneto, and movie Transformers. If we were going by the comics, then Magneto could have given the guard an aneurysm or any other assortment of nasty things by manipulating the naturally occuring iron in his bloodstream, but since the movie was downplayed, iron tablets helped.

Spire
Well, obviously I don't know what I'm talking about, magnetism has always been extremely effective on plastic. The movie Magneto controls metal only, not all of the things he did in the EU, he's been severely downplayed from the comic and cartoon version. So he needed metal to manipulate to get out of the cell.

EM is electro magnetic, just like EMP stands for electromagnetc pulse.

And without metal to manipulate, he's just an old man, so what could he do against a moderately young guard whose much stronger than him.?

Lol.

KingD19
I fail to see what's funny about my statement, please enlighten me.

Spire
I fail to see what's funny about my statement, please enlighten me.

Hard to explain.

You are kind of like... naive.

You wrote a whole bunch of stuff while missing the point.

KingD19
I'm naive? And I missed the point by addressing everything you said in your post? Hmmmmm, interesting point of view.

Spire
I'm naive? And I missed the point by addressing everything you said in your post? Hmmmmm, interesting point of view.

I didn't ask if you knew what EM stands for.

KingD19
Oh ok, so you don't know what your talking about. He shouldn't have needed 'metal' to escape.

Do you know what EM is?

How come he couldn't stop a guard from crap-stomping his is ass?

You didn't ask me do I know what EM is? I quoted this from your earlier post. And naturally, when asking someone what EM is, if they know the answer, the most obvious one is that EM stands for electromagnetism. Did you mean something else when you asked that?

Spire
Lmao dude....

Not what it stands for. What it is and what you can do with it.

KingD19
Well, please enlighten me. Give me the knowledge I lack.

Spire
Well, please enlighten me. Give me the knowledge I lack.

Oh Noes! You got me. I don't know either. eek!

The Pict
The fact that they are made of metal?

thumb up

Placidity
KingD19, I don't know how you put up with nonsense for this long rofl.

Spire is either a stupid fanboy, a troll or perhaps both.

KingD19
I have several younger cousins who are basically like brothers and sisters. I'm very patient. LOL, plus sometimes I have nothing better to do than prove my point, which I believe I've done a few times on this thread.

Spire
Originally posted by Placidity
KingD19, I don't know how you put up with nonsense for this long rofl.

Spire is either a stupid fanboy, a troll or perhaps both.

Thanks for the kind words. thumb up

Fine. Whatever. Gimp movie Magneto solos.

Even though these alien beings that travel through space and free fall through earth's atmosphere for lolz have knowledge and understanding of electromagnetism, the Autobots and Decepticons have agreed not to use this against one another because it is mean.

Therefore movie Magneto in his most powerful incarnation simultaneously crushes all transformers. Ancient beings with alien physiology and tech, coupled with vast experience and intelligence.

Spite thread.

zeel
Transformers stomp.

Alien tech, intelligence and experience ftw.

laughing alien tech that got squashed by a 18 year old boy his girlfriend and some geek kids that broke the alien code.

Human techno was more then a mach for theses transformers. Now if you want to comapre the cartoon transformers then thats another story all together.

Colussus himself could physically dismantel any transformer from the movie by himself and would take very little punishment in return.

D_Dude1210
Phoenix could prolly solo em all and just dissolve em back to base molecules.

stick out tongue

Mindset
Thanks for the kind words. thumb up

Fine. Whatever. Gimp movie Magneto solos.

Even though these alien beings that travel through space and free fall through earth's atmosphere for lolz have knowledge and understanding of electromagnetism, the Autobots and Decepticons have agreed not to use this against one another because it is mean.

Therefore movie Magneto in his most powerful incarnation simultaneously crushes all transformers. Ancient beings with alien physiology and tech, coupled with vast experience and intelligence.

Spite thread.

Spire

Your opinion matters. It really does.

Doctor-Alvis
Blackout never used an EMP in the movie. The closest he gets it seems is extremely high EM interference that starts blacking out part of the base briefly. The big blue waves seem to be some kind of shockwave attack.

The most plausible explanations I can think of for why they don't weaponize magnetism is because they can't or their current weaponry is more effective for their purpose.

And when they come down from space they're clearly in a protective cocoon form. It's not like they were making the drop naked.

KingD19
Thank you for saying that Alvis. And just to prove high heat effects them, correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the military use High Heat Sabot rounds to take them down?

Doctor-Alvis
That's what they said but I don't think sabot rounds work like that. Regardless of how the weapons worked in the movies though, it seemed like they needed high heat to soften the armor and a piercing component to do the damage.

Badabing
Thank you for saying that Alvis. And just to prove high heat effects them, correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the military use High Heat Sabot rounds to take them down? Sabot rounds are armor piercing rounds. I'm guessing it's not just the heat.

KingD19
You're right, Sabot are like launching a bullet in a shell, then the shell breaking apart and making the bullet go faster with a propulsion system. Although I think they could have done something to add heat to the equation.

AlmightyKfish
Didn't they 'explain' in the film it melted through the armour with a six thousand degree magnesium burn?

Badabing
You're right, Sabot are like launching a bullet in a shell, then the shell breaking apart and making the bullet go faster with a propulsion system. Although I think they could have done something to add heat to the equation. I'm thinking Pyro could concentrate his flame and cause damage.....as long as whichever Transformer was distracted.Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Didn't they 'explain' in the film it melted through the armour with a six thousand degree magnesium burn? Yep. Just there's the force of a bullet along with the burn too. I'm not sure Pyro could damage a Transformer as quickly as the sabot round.

complexbrother
The Wolverine Collosus combo worked fine against a sentinal, I don't see why it don't works here at least once,

Archlight could shake at least one of them apart

Collosus could take down the minor Transformers by himself (Rumble, Ravage, Scorponok)

Juggernaught could handel Blackout

Magneto would take out Megatron (if an em pulse won't do it then a couple dozen steel girders through the head and chest would)

Jean Grey the Phoenix could take down a majority of them by herself.

Cyclops could take out 1 or 2 of them (before he dies)

I could go on but I'm lazy. suffice to say X-men would win this

Mindset
Your opinion matters. It really does. I 77agree.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by complexbrother
The Wolverine Collosus combo worked fine against a sentinal, I don't see why it don't works here at least once,

Archlight could shake at least one of them apart

Collosus could take down the minor Transformers by himself (Rumble, Ravage, Scorponok)

Juggernaught could handel Blackout

Magneto would take out Megatron (if an em pulse won't do it then a couple dozen steel girders through the head and chest would)

Jean Grey the Phoenix could take down a majority of them by herself.

Cyclops could take out 1 or 2 of them (before he dies)

I could go on but I'm lazy. suffice to say X-men would win this

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.