Odin vs The Great Beast Tanaraq

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
1. With BFR.
2. Without BFR.

Who wins?

snoopdogg
Didn't Beta Ray Bill beat Tanaraq in the Omega Flight mini?

The Nuul
Dunno, wheres Mungi?

That kinda seems like a low showing for Tanaraq.....

snoopdogg
Don't know.

It's been a while But think he might have or something.

-K-M-
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Didn't Beta Ray Bill beat Tanaraq in the Omega Flight mini?

No, he beat a possessed Sasquatch that basically went mad because Tanaraq was casting illusions making it seem all of Walter's friends were enemies. That definetly was NOT Tanaraq or even close to it. Basically BRB just fought a mad Sasquatch due to Tanaraq's illusions.

guy222
Odin

-K-M-
Originally posted by guy222
Odin

Agreed, Tanaraq to date has not done anything on Odin's level and is still such a mystery

UKR
Odin wins. He is or at one point was one of the higher gods of the MU. The Great Beasts IMO were never more than a pantheon of local deities and the same is true of most pantheons in the MU or DCU. I think Odin wins when one considers that at some points in history he has been a cosmically significant character (if I heard right, in the Silver Age Odin, Galactus and the Watcher were all peers). Tanaraq's feats don't match up anyways, the most impressive thing I recall him doing was giving some power-ups to the Wrecking Crew.

Naija boy
All father

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by UKR
Odin wins. He is or at one point was one of the higher gods of the MU. The Great Beasts IMO were never more than a pantheon of local deities and the same is true of most pantheons in the MU or DCU. I think Odin wins when one considers that at some points in history he has been a cosmically significant character (if I heard right, in the Silver Age Odin, Galactus and the Watcher were all peers). Tanaraq's feats don't match up anyways, the most impressive thing I recall him doing was giving some power-ups to the Wrecking Crew.

facepalm It's bad enough that you don't know shit about DC, but now you're lowballing and badmouthing Alpha Flight villains.

Jesus christ......Mungi is gonna tear you a new *******. innuendur

-K-M-
Meh! not the first time someone doesn't fully know a character, not a big deal

UKR the Great Beasts are not local patheons they are actually older then the Greek/Norse gods combined and come from a different dimension all together. Mauvais, who fought the Ancient One and who Dr.Strange was terrified of and said he was unsure if he could beat him is completly terrified of the Great Beasts. As I mentioned in the other thread the Great Beasts were embodiments of death on Earth when it was first commencing to come alive. It was stated "the Great Beasts rule over death and decay, and can implore death and decay as a weapon against mankind".

iceman24567
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
facepalm It's bad enough that you don't know shit about DC, but now you're lowballing and badmouthing Alpha Flight villains.

Jesus christ......Mungi is gonna tear you a new *******. innuendur Reminds me of another thread with UKR not know what the hell he's talking about when it comes to Dc gods laughing

UKR
Don't badmouth me you wankers. I'm not ignorant. I know what I'm talking about. I've just never seen the Great Beasts blow up galaxies, shake the multiverse and such...they have a hard time with Alpha Flight, I don't see a guy in Odin's class having trouble with them. And notice that it's "death and decay on Earth", fighting against Mankind, etc...we're not talking about universal threats here, just beings significant on only one little planet. Yes, the Great Beasts and Arctic Gods are only a mere local pantheon. The Great Beasts aren't cosmic, I would say Odin is a lot more powerful than all of them. When even one Great Beast has Death Star firepower, then I might take them seriously. Overall from what I've seen of them they are pretty weak. I doubt any of them would be trouble for, say, Superman, aside from the magic weakness.

-K-M-
Originally posted by UKR
...they have a hard time with Alpha Flight, I don't see a guy in Odin's class having trouble with them. And notice that it's "death and decay on Earth", fighting against Mankind, etc...we're not talking about universal threats here, just beings significant on only one little planet. Yes, the Great Beasts and Arctic Gods are only a mere local pantheon. The Great Beasts aren't cosmic, I would say Odin is a lot more powerful than all of them. When even one Great Beast has Death Star firepower, then I might take them seriously. Overall from what I've seen of them they are pretty weak. I doubt any of them would be trouble for, say, Superman, aside from the magic weakness.

Actually no their avatars are what Alpha Flight fights, not the real versions which are significantly weaker. Also Alpha Flight has fought Elder Gods before and I'm not including the Great Beasts. Like I told you earlier just do a little research.

It was even said that if the avatar stays on the plane after 20 minutes no one could stop them as they would be accostumed to our dimension.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AlphaFlight01-26.jpg

The longer they are on this plane the more powerful they become, but their merely just avatars of the true Great Beasts

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AlphaFlight01-29.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AlphaFlight01-30.jpg

Also no again, they killed everyone and everything in their universe that's why they were trying to get to Earth plane as there was nothing else for them to do

Wow, that's pretty ignorant. I suggest you read the apperance when Snowbird transformed recently into a Great Beast and see the power just one has. I was actully trying to be nice, but your not exactally helping your case here
---
Seriously what have you read of them? Give me issue numbers or the very least explain the story you read

iceman24567
Originally posted by UKR
Don't badmouth me you wankers. I'm not ignorant . I know what I'm talking about. I've just never seen the Great Beasts blow up galaxies, shake the multiverse and such...they have a hard time with Alpha Flight, I don't see a guy in Odin's class having trouble with them. And notice that it's "death and decay on Earth", fighting against Mankind, etc...we're not talking about universal threats here, just beings significant on only one little planet. Yes, the Great Beasts and Arctic Gods are only a mere local pantheon. The Great Beasts aren't cosmic, I would say Odin is a lot more powerful than all of them. When even one Great Beast has Death Star firepower, then I might take them seriously. Overall from what I've seen of them they are pretty weak. I doubt any of them would be trouble for, say, Superman, aside from the magic weakness. Stop your crying laughing

UKR
Originally posted by -K-M-
Actually no their avatars are what Alpha Flight fights, not the real versions which are significantly weaker. Also Alpha Flight has fought Elder Gods before and I'm not including the Great Beasts. Like I told you earlier just do a little research.

It was even said that if the avatar stays on the plane after 20 minutes no one could stop them as they would be accostumed to our dimension.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AlphaFlight01-26.jpg

The longer they are on this plane the more powerful they become, but their merely just avatars of the true Great Beasts

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AlphaFlight01-29.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AlphaFlight01-30.jpg

Also no again, they killed everyone and everything in their universe that's why they were trying to get to Earth plane as there was nothing else for them to do

Wow, that's pretty ignorant. I suggest you read the apperance when Snowbird transformed recently into a Great Beast and see the power just one has. I was actully trying to be nice, but your not exactally helping your case here
---
Seriously what have you read of them? Give me issue numbers or the very least explain the story you read

You're not helping YOUR case...Tundra's the power of the rocks, trees and mountains? That doesn't sound very impressive compared to the guy who shook the multiverse.

-K-M-
Originally posted by UKR
You're not helping YOUR case...Tundra's the power of the rocks, trees and mountains? That doesn't sound very impressive compared to the guy who shook the multiverse.

Like I said that was an avatar not the real Great Beast, that was a construct the real Tundra created. He was doing that in just a few moments coming onto the Earth and Tundra has shown to even reflect magical blasts back at other Elder Gods i.e. the Gods of the Arctic, which was stated to have ruled the Earth before they too were banished from Earth. Anyways Tundra sent their banishing spell back at them removing them from the earth plane erm

Also yes, Odin does have better feats no one is doubting that, but you are making inaccurate and uniformed comments about characters you don't know which is the problem. Superman beating the Great Beasts...come on.

psycho gundam
mungi for the win.

occultdestroyer
Odin FTW

Naija boy
I read somewhere on this forum that it was once shown that Xman had the power to defeat one of the great beasts (i doubted the accuracy of such a claim). Is there any truth in it?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Naija boy
I read somewhere on this forum that it was once shown that Xman had the power to defeat one of the great beasts (i doubted the accuracy of such a claim). Is there any truth in it?

X-Man fought avatars not the real beasts.

psycho gundam
he beat an avatar of tundra and somon: the great artificer...meh.

-K-M-
Story actually had some plotholes that contradicted pre-existing storylines anyways. Like Tundra needing to absorb energy (he doesn't), and releasing Kolomaq from the realm of the beasts even though he isn't in the realm he's trapped on Earth and still currently there.

UKR
Overall, everything I've seen just shows that the Great Beasts must take one little planet seriously and that their power is only great compared to its. I doubt Odin takes a planet seriously. The kind of baddies Odin would fight are more like universe-conquerors, Great Beasts are mere world-conquerors. I would say that Odin is a lot higher up cosmically than they are, even their true forms and not their mere avatars.

-K-M-
Originally posted by UKR
Overall, everything I've seen just shows that the Great Beasts must take one little planet seriously and that their power is only great compared to its. I doubt Odin takes a planet seriously. The kind of baddies Odin would fight are more like universe-conquerors, Great Beasts are mere world-conquerors. I would say that Odin is a lot higher up cosmically than they are, even their true forms and not their mere avatars.

The reason they are trying to get to Earth is it's the only planet their dimension is connected to and it's still EXTREMLY difficult to get to. Also no they can be universe conquerors which they did in their own realm

Actually Odin does take a planet serious, and it's very likely he is based on established feats, but we don't know for sure. As even Tanaraq one of the weaker Great Beasts has possession of Surtur's demon army.

Like I said what stories have you read of them? Honest question, as I don't know what you’re basing some of your stuff on.

Mindset
As even Tanaraq one of the weaker Great Beasts has possession of Surtur's demon army.

How did that happen?

Naija boy
X-Man fought avatars not the real beasts.

suspected as much.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Mindset
How did that happen?

As of yet no one knows, just in the Omega Flight mini he just had them and they consider him their master

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/OmegaFLight3_15.jpg

Kris Blaze
Odin gets a new fur coat.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Odin gets a new fur coat.

No, stop being stupid he gets a new rug! God.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.