CRUSH GOD video

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
Someone decided to "philosophize with a hammer" and made the video mentioned below apparently "crushing" the idea of GOD.

I wonder if any religious people would like to answer some of the points made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdaZ3mEyZwY

Grand-Moff-Gav
Design
A- Cites alternative theory, fails to explain why it is more acceptable or reliable.
B- Fails to point out teleological argument is only meant for humans.
C- Do these "flaws" mean life isn't perfect for purpose?
D- Goes back to A.

His poor argument style goes on.

Bicnarok

Grand-Moff-Gav
Only the most arrogant types feel they can "crush" arguments that have been waging for a thousand years...they still have quite a bit of life in them. Overall the video is very well done though.

Bicnarok

Digi
A youtube video will NEVER be valid commentary on a particular viewpoint. 5 minutes to "crush" an idea that is ridiculously entrenched in our society? Lulz.

Bicnarok
Never say Never smile

inimalist
Originally posted by Digi
A youtube video will NEVER be valid commentary on a particular viewpoint. 5 minutes to "crush" an idea that is ridiculously entrenched in our society? Lulz.

there are some really impressive youtube debates and docs.

anything that claims to have absolute proof/disproof of anything is probably worthless, but seriously, look up the sam harris/reza aslan debate smile

Digi
You guys are so f-ing literal. Hamlet put it well, "We must speak by the card, or equivocation will undo us."

stick out tongue

Yes, I agree with the above 2 posts. But you understood the point I was making, and I stick by it.

no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.