Gladiator and Wonder Woman vs. Sentry and Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Glads has full confidence.

Wondy has used her lasso on her teamate prior to battle to command him to not lose confidence.

How would this fight go?

No Jobbering.

The Nuul
Sentry is still weak link but dont know how team 1 deals with MMs TP powers.

Prob..team 1 wins.

skyfather
team 2 ,ww is the weak link.

fangirl101
Originally posted by The Nuul
Sentry is still weak link but dont know how team 1 deals with MMs TP powers. Each team has it's advantages.
Team two has superior versatility and tp.

Team one has Superior Speed and Skill. And maybe strength too.

Mekrob
Holy fail characters.

Glads by default by being the least amount of fail without going over.

iceman24567
Sentry is the weak link team 1 wins

zeel
Originally posted by skyfather
team 2 ,ww is the weak link.

you must be kiding WW can beat the piss outta either guy in team 2

Gladiator rips MM apart. And sentry's exotic abilities will not benefit him against the likes of WW as much as say other characters. And WW does not even need her lasso for this fight.

iceman24567
Originally posted by zeel
you must be kiding WW can beat the piss outta eith guys in team 2 thumb up

Naija boy
IIRC glads showed resistance to telepathy against supreme. Team one wins

iceman24567
Rachel Summers was able to get into Gladz head recently. Martian Manhunter >>Rachel Summers in tp

tkitna
Sentry solos

iceman24567
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry solos eek!

The Nuul
Sentry solos

OKKKK.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bouboumaster
Wondie is the weak link. Team 2

Enyalus
Originally posted by zeel
you must be kiding WW can beat the piss outta either guy in team 2

Gladiator rips MM apart. And sentry's exotic abilities will not benefit him against the likes of WW as much as say other characters. And WW does not even need her lasso for this fight.
Everything in this post = thumb up

Originally posted by iceman24567
Rachel Summers was able to get into Gladz head recently.
...I don't remember this. When? I know Cassandra Nova did it, but she did a lot of crazy shit. As I recall, Gladiator's bio-aura automatically adjusts to any psionic probe.

Badabing
Sentry solos dur

iceman24567
Originally posted by Enyalus

...I don't remember this. When? I know Cassandra Nova did it, but she did a lot of crazy shit. As I recall, Gladiator's bio-aura automatically adjusts to any psionic probe. It was in King Breaker

guy222

...I don't remember this. When? I know Cassandra Nova did it, but she did a lot of crazy shit. As I recall, Gladiator's bio-aura automatically adjusts to any psionic probe.

Rachel defeated Gladiator

I posted the scans a while back

SoulDevourer
team 2 has durabilty advantage
if it was WW without lasso id say team 2 definitly. but since she has lasso I dunno

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Mekrob
Holy fail characters.

Glads by default by being the least amount of fail without going over. I don't know about all that.

I don't care how many planets he punches to pieces, when he does it with a ridiculous Mohawk that puts Travis Barker to shame, it is hard to take him seriously.

And team 1 because Sentry sucks.

Mekrob
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I don't know about all that.

I don't care how many planets he punches to pieces, when he does it with a ridiculous Mohawk that puts Travis Barker to shame, it is hard to take him seriously.

And team 1 because Sentry sucks. Who fails less than Glads in this thread? erm

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Mekrob
Who fails less than Glads in this thread? erm Wonderwoman because she has a nice rack.

Mekrob
http://mcgeek.com/userdata/9/images/9_sisko-facepalm.jpg

Enyalus
It was in King Breaker

Talking about when she reads his mind while his guard is down speaking to Lilandra and he's just woken up? erm C'mon man...

iceman24567
So his bio aura didn't automatically adjust to her probing his mind? C'mon man no expression

Enyalus
So his bio aura didn't automatically adjust to her probing his mind? C'mon man no expression

Meh, maybe he has to know that person is there and be ready for it. Confidence-based powers. Would make sense. Besides, it said so on panel in Gladiator/Supreme. stick out tongue

iceman24567
Well maybe it was only for that title smile

Enyalus
Well maybe it was only for that title smile

Nooooooo!!! *shakes fist*

james2099
Gladiator and WW.

quanchi112
Originally posted by skyfather
team 2 ,ww is the weak link. Agreed. Physically WW isn't on their level.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Agreed. Physically WW isn't on their level.

FC Glads would take MM and Sentry at the same time. And WW is insurance Team One takes this home.

quanchi112
FC Glads would take MM and Sentry at the same time. And WW is insurance Team One takes this home. No way could Glads take them both on at once. Again, Sentry took on Genis vell and WW Hulk and proved to be more than capable of taking them on. Glads is more skilled but against the Sentry it would be close either way.

Enyalus
No way could Glads take them both on at once. Again, Sentry took on Genis vell and WW Hulk and proved to be more than capable of taking them on. Glads is more skilled but against the Sentry it would be close either way.

Except Glads has already demonstrated far more striking power (and strength) than Sentry ever has. And WWH's blows were absolutely wrecking Sentry's face. Gladiators would tear his head off, like Classic Wonder Man said of Kallark before.

I don't even want to deal with MM. Guy got absolutely trashed by Preus. Kallark would demolish him, too. And with Diana like I said, this is a lock for Team One.

quanchi112
Except Glads has already demonstrated far more striking power (and strength) than Sentry ever has. And WWH's blows were absolutely wrecking Sentry's face. Gladiators would tear his head off, like Classic Wonder Man said of Kallark before.

I don't even want to deal with MM. Guy got absolutely trashed by Preus. Kallark would demolish him, too. And with Diana like I said, this is a lock for Team One. Glads can't hit harder than WW Hulk. Sorry, I am not buying that for an instant. Sentry was also flying right into the most powerful Hulk we have seen at this point.

Glads couldn't hang with WW Hulk. Not at all.

Enyalus
Glads can't hit harder than WW Hulk. Sorry, I am not buying that for an instant. Sentry was also flying right into the most powerful Hulk we have seen at this point.

You think WWH could shatter a planet from a standing position in three blows? And that wasn't even a confident Gladiator...in this thread, he is.

Hell, Worldbreaker Hulk was only collapsing a portion of one continent and he was well above the WWH Sentry took on and stalemated.

FC Gladiator is one-shotting planets at 100x FTL, throwing invisibly-fast punches with strength enough behind them to crush stars with his bare hands with durability enough to fly through blasts that typically disintegrate other herald-level characters (Vulcan reference.) No way Sentry nor J'onn match that.

And TBH, I'd give the heads up win to Diana over J'onn more often than not. His TP wouldn't work, she's got better fighting skills, is faster, and nearly as strong...plus the lasso to trap him in and bracers to deflect his Martian Vision.

fangirl101
You think WWH could shatter a planet from a standing position in three blows? And that wasn't even a confident Gladiator...in this thread, he is.

Hell, Worldbreaker Hulk was only collapsing a portion of one continent and he was well above the WWH Sentry took on and stalemated.

FC Gladiator is one-shotting planets at 100x FTL, throwing invisibly-fast punches with strength enough behind them to crush stars with his bare hands with durability enough to fly through blasts that typically disintegrate other herald-level characters (Vulcan reference.) No way Sentry nor J'onn match that.

And TBH, I'd give the heads up win to Diana over J'onn more often than not. His TP wouldn't work, she's got better fighting skills, is faster, and nearly as strong...plus the lasso to trap him in and bracers to deflect his Martian Vision. Diana is stronger than MM. He can only amp up to Superman lvls for a few mins. Plus Diana is already an a-1 in strength.

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
Diana is stronger than MM. He can only amp up to Superman lvls for a few mins. Plus Diana is already an a-1 in strength.

Really? I know they've pulled the moon together. And the Earth. I figured they were about equal but I'd give him the edge. (Sexism, you know...)

But if you're right you're right. smile

quanchi112

And TBH, I'd give the heads up win to Diana over J'onn more often than not. His TP wouldn't work, she's got better fighting skills, is faster, and nearly as strong...plus the lasso to trap him in and bracers to deflect his Martian Vision. What does smashing a planet have to do with anything? It is impressive I'll give you that but it doesn't prove anything. He was confident against the Hulk when he met him in his own book and that didn't get him anywhere.

Collateral damage doesn't deter,mine these fights.

I agree he can shatter planets. but when he has matched up with characters such as Hyperion and such he hasn't beaten any of them easily like in a second or two. He lost to a much weaker Hulk. I know radiation was involved, but Hulk was doing fine before it can into the fight anyways.

quanchi112
Diana is stronger than MM. He can only amp up to Superman lvls for a few mins. Plus Diana is already an a-1 in strength. Prove this.

fangirl101
Prove this.
No. you go buy DC comics and secret files.

WhiteWitchKing
Rachel Summers was able to get into Gladz head recently. Martian Manhunter >>Rachel Summers in tp

Rachel was able to do it in King Breaker when Lilandra was romancing him (with her pussy...j/k). So yeah, he was a distracted at that moment.

Enyalus
What does smashing a planet have to do with anything? It is impressive I'll give you that but it doesn't prove anything. He was confident against the Hulk when he met him in his own book and that didn't get him anywhere.

I mentioned striking power. Shattering a planet from a stand-still position in three blows is an example of that. So is nearly tearing Wonder Man's head off in one shot, and being capable of punching Cannonball from the Earth to the sun...Gladiator has Sentry beat in strength, striking power, speed, and durability. And FC Gladiator just adds to the gap. Glads could take either Sentry or MM for a majority. And I'd give Diana a majority over MM but maybe a stalemate or very narrow loss against Sentry.

quanchi112
I mentioned striking power. Shattering a planet from a stand-still position in three blows is an example of that. So is nearly tearing Wonder Man's head off in one shot, and being capable of punching Cannonball from the Earth to the sun...Gladiator has Sentry beat in strength, striking power, speed, and durability. And FC Gladiator just adds to the gap. Glads could take either Sentry or MM for a majority. And I'd give Diana a majority over MM but maybe a stalemate or very narrow loss against Sentry. That same Gladiator couldn't beat Masterson Thor in a few blows....he was very inexperienced at the time as well.

I disagree in terms of durability. I also think Sentry is more powerful.

Glads and Sentry is close like I said no matter whose side you are on.

Enyalus
That same Gladiator couldn't beat Masterson Thor in a few blows....he was very inexperienced at the time as well.

Because of PIS. Once Gladiator used his speed and full capacity like he would here, Thor was easily beat.

Dude swims through million-mile wide stars and survives solar-system busting blasts without a scratch. Pretty durable if you ask me. And I agree, Sentry is more powerful. Only because Marvel says so. Haven't found an upper limit to his power, and all that. In the first Sentry issue, the scientist even calls him omnipotent LOL.

Still, FC Glads...

quanchi112

Because of PIS. Once Gladiator used his speed and full capacity like he would here, Thor was easily beat.

Dude swims through million-mile wide stars and survives solar-system busting blasts without a scratch. Pretty durable if you ask me. And I agree, Sentry is more powerful. Only because Marvel says so. Haven't found an upper limit to his power, and all that. In the first Sentry issue, the scientist even calls him omnipotent LOL.

Still, FC Glads... In every instance he took on Thor the battle was pretty even without speed determing anything.

FC Glads can't hang with WW Hulk while Sentry burned him out.

Enyalus
In every instance he took on Thor the battle was pretty even without speed determing anything.

Dude owned Thor once the writers got their head out of their ass and allowed Gladiator to use his speed. He bullrushed him, kicked his hammer out of his hand, and one-shot Thor across NYC for the KO. Doesn't get anymore ownage than that.

Also as far as durability goes...Glads was laughing at Torch's Nova Flame while Sentry was injured by Torch's standard blast. So, yeah.

FC Glads can't hang with WW Hulk.

I totally disagree.

occultdestroyer
I agree with Enyalus.

Gladiator is the strongest combatant in this match. And with WW by his side, it is a guaranteed win.

Naija boy
Er Enyalus, while i agree with u that glads is the strongest in this match, He isnt stronger than WWH. Regular angry hulk has superior feats to glads strength wise.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Er Enyalus, while i agree with u that glads is the strongest in this match, He isnt stronger than WWH. Regular angry hulk has superior feats to glads strength wise.

I never said he was. I might have insinuated that FC Gladiator was, but not base....

iceman24567
Regular angry hulk has superior feats to glads strength wise. Like?

Naija boy
I never said he was. I might have insinuated that FC Gladiator was, but not base....

thumb up. Though even the FC gladiator thing is up for debate stick out tongue

Naija boy
Like?

Overcoming forces enough to change the orbit of a planet from the stranger,Punching thru time,Having his punches felt across numerous dimensions,pushing antimatter spheres etc.

Mindset
Glads contained a galaxy destroying blast or something like that, right?

carver9
That same Gladiator couldn't beat Masterson Thor in a few blows....he was very inexperienced at the time as well.

Glads and Sentry is close like I said no matter whose side you are on.

You do know that gladiator had masterson thor beat and masterson thor was on the ground dead to rights. Gladiator lost that fight due to him being cocky, standing over masterson thor laughing while getting shot in the back by a magical bolt of lightning.

Masterson thor was dead just like every other person that went against gladiator in that arc.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
Glads contained a galaxy destroying blast or something like that, right?

Yes he did but I agree with naj, wwh is stronger then glads.

TricksterPriest
Yeah right. WWH didn't do shit Gladiator could not have done.

MM can take Gladiator if he's not jobbing. Wondy is harder because of her shield, immunity to TP and weapons. He can beat her, but it will take longer.

J'onn's problem is Sentry. He's likely to get killed by either of team 1. I'm giving it to team 1 mainly because I can't see Sentry lasting in a prolonged battle. And J'onn can't beat team 1 by himself.

Martian_mind
Team 2.

carver9
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

MM can take Gladiator if he's not jobbing. Wondy is harder because of her shield, immunity to TP and weapons. He can beat her, but it will take longer.

J'onn's problem is Sentry. He's likely to get killed by either of team 1. I'm giving it to team 1 mainly because I can't see Sentry lasting in a prolonged battle. And J'onn can't beat team 1 by himself.

I agree with this but overral I just think that WWh is stronger.

Lord Feron

Wondy has used her lasso on her teamate prior to battle to command him to not lose confidence.

How would this fight go?

No Jobbering.

Hmm interesting. With the lasso WW could command him to be supremely confident. He would be untouchable. He would Solo Team 2 with ease.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Hmm interesting. With the lasso WW could command him to be supremely confident. He would be untouchable. He would Solo Team 2 with ease.

I can't believe fangirl didn't think of that.

The Nuul
I can't believe fangirl didn't think of that.

Maybe FG isnt the WW expert she thought she is.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
You do know that gladiator had masterson thor beat and masterson thor was on the ground dead to rights. Gladiator lost that fight due to him being cocky, standing over masterson thor laughing while getting shot in the back by a magical bolt of lightning.

Masterson thor was dead just like every other person that went against gladiator in that arc. Yes, Glads had him outmatched, but my point is this. When Thor hit him it hurt badly and he went down.

Masterson Thor thought quickly and summoned living lightning and used it to his advantage. Masterson almost killed Glads, not the other way around.

quanchi112

J'onn's problem is Sentry. He's likely to get killed by either of team 1. I'm giving it to team 1 mainly because I can't see Sentry lasting in a prolonged battle. And J'onn can't beat team 1 by himself. Yes, he did. WW Hulk is more than Gladiator. Hulk held his own and kinda won when he fought him before and has superirior feats.

Glads would tear MM up imo.

The reason team 2 wins is because WW can't hang with these guys once they start throwing haymakers.

Philosophía
Team 1.

GalacticStorm

I doubt thats the case currently now she packing a Phoenix shard.

On top of that when did she get into Glads head. If it was in the last 6 months then she was backed by the Phoenix. With that in mind MM couldnt necessarily repeat the feat.

GalacticStorm
Why is everyone saying Sentry is the weak link? Since when was he not considered a top tier powerhouse, have i missed something?

Naija boy
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Why is everyone saying Sentry is the weak link? Since when was he not considered a top tier powerhouse, have i missed something?

Over the past few months forum opinion of sentry has detoriorated sharply.(due to some low showings)

GalacticStorm
Over the past few months forum opinion of sentry has detoriorated sharply.(due to some low showings)

Cool. Like what?

GalacticStorm
Anyone know what low showings NB is talking about because i honestly dont have a clue. confused

I dont need to see scans because i probably have the issues anyway. Just refer me to some scenes.

Naija boy
Cool. Like what?

His fight against the original human torch was a big factor. (along with the already negative forum opinion of the character beforehand)

GalacticStorm
His fight against the original human torch was a big factor. (along with the already negative forum opinion of the character beforehand)

What issue did this happen in?

iceman24567
Avengers Invaders issue 6 or 7

Naija boy
What issue did this happen in?

avengers/invaders 6

quanchi112
His fight against the original human torch was a big factor. (along with the already negative forum opinion of the character beforehand) Just because the board has a negative opinion of a character that doesn't mean it is necessarily true. Three of these characters are physical powerhouses while one is not. The odd man/girl out is WW.

GalacticStorm
Just because the board has a negative opinion of a character that doesn't mean it is necessarily true. Three of these characters are physical powerhouses while one is not. The odd man/girl out is WW.

Agreed. Im sure all of these guys have had low showings.

fangirl101
Just because the board has a negative opinion of a character that doesn't mean it is necessarily true. Three of these characters are physical powerhouses while one is not. The odd man/girl out is WW. I do not agree. Wondy has fights with Skyfathers and even abstracts. What is her lowest feat that you can think of? Being ko'd by an 80 times the speed of light punch by a sun amped Superman?

quanchi112
Agreed. Im sure all of these guys have had low showings. Sentry at his best can take on WW Hulk, rape Terrax, and shred worlds while holding back against Genis.

Eel O'Brien
Cool. Like what?

1) Having trouble with the shield helicarrier.
2) Taken out by an amped Ms. Marvel
3) Invaders Namor doing well against him
4) Human Torch hurting/overloading him with flame

Those stand out to me the most. It wouldn't have been so bad, but they just came in quick succession with no better showings to balance them out. Made it seem like Marvel just decided he wasn't top tier material...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by The Nuul
Maybe FG isnt the WW expert she thought she is.

facepalm Or maybe you guys are reading Pre-crisis comics. The lasso doesn't work that way anymore. N00bs.

Enyalus
facepalm Or maybe you guys are reading Pre-crisis comics. The lasso doesn't work that way anymore. N00bs.

The lasso can't command people anymore? Since when?

TricksterPriest
facepalm Since Post-crisis. Read a Wonder Woman comic sometime.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

Those stand out to me the most. It wouldn't have been so bad, but they just came in quick succession with no better showings to balance them out. Made it seem like Marvel just decided he wasn't top tier material...

I wouldnt say that because within comics he is still held in high regard by the other characters and is regarded as the most powerful. I think hes just had some unfortunate low showings in quick succession as you touched upon. But given that he has high showings far in excess of the low ones you have mentioned, we cant say hes not top tier. Hes been shown on panel to be so much better than how he was portrayed in those few instances.

Namor has been showing having a tough time against Wolverine in recent years.

Thanos has been knocked out by Squirrel girl

Rogue for all her super strength and durability has been knocked out by Sabretooth.

Korvac shrugged off what LT called his "ultimate judgement" and LT fled and sealed the universe shut.

It happens to most characters.

TricksterPriest
The problem GS, is that we've not seen his real potential. So all we have to go on are these feats. Against established powerhouses, he's outclassed.

Enyalus
facepalm Since Post-crisis. Read a Wonder Woman comic sometime.

Then what would be the point of reading fangirl's posts?

GalacticStorm
The problem GS, is that we've not seen his real potential. So all we have to go on are these feats. Against established powerhouses, he's outclassed.

Well through sheer physical power hes easily outclassed the likes of Terrax.

Hes held his own against a being with the collective power of millions of mutants.

Whilst all others had failed the likes of Colossus, Juggernaut, Hercules etc, he actually put up a good fight against WWHulk. In said fight he also demonstrated that hes not just about strength, but he also possesses city destroying energy capabilities.

He has feats that are right up there with some the best powerhouses. Hes held in high regard by other characters and frequently called the most powerful. I think its just a case of waiting for him to live up to his potential. Either way he has some good feats and like most characters he has low showings. However he has high showings that show us that we can not define him by his poor appearances.

quanchi112

Those stand out to me the most. It wouldn't have been so bad, but they just came in quick succession with no better showings to balance them out. Made it seem like Marvel just decided he wasn't top tier material... He didn't have that much trouble with the helicarrier. If she was amped how is that a low showing?

Namor isn't a lightweight by any means.

I didn't read this but didn't he mess with his hea dto defeat him?

quanchi112
The problem GS, is that we've not seen his real potential. So all we have to go on are these feats. Against established powerhouses, he's outclassed. Not true. Terrax wrecks planets and Sentry wrecked him and scared his ass off. He also held his own against WW Hulk who is the definition of a physical powerhouse.

Sasaraixx

The reason team 2 wins is because WW can't hang with these guys once they start throwing haymakers.

I disagree. WW is stronger than MM imo. He may be able to amp his strength up to Supe levels but he can't sustain it. Base WW is stronger than base MM and I believe current Wondy writers feel the same way.

Add in the fact that she is faster, is a much, much better fighter, isresistant to TP, knows MM very well and has the bracers to protect her and you have Diana taking a slim majority.

Gladiator can take either person on Team 2 for a solid majority. Also, Diana can use her lasso and bracers to protect him from Team 2's more exotic powers.

Team 1 takes this. Gladiator is the toughest person on the field. No one on team 2 is taking him down physically. WW can at least stalemate either guy on Team 2, which is all she needs to do. Also, WW adds more defense to protect Team 1 from Team 2's more effective, non-physical assaults. That adds to Team 1's already impressive durability.

It won't be easy, but they can do it.

The Nuul
Can MM screw with Glads confidence?

SupremeMan

How would this fight go?

No Jobbering.

With that stipulation that Gladiator is at full confidence, Gladiator and WW.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Add in the fact that she is faster, is a much, much better fighter, isresistant to TP, knows MM very well and has the bracers to protect her and you have Diana taking a slim majority.

I think you're being too generous. I see Diana taking out J'onn one-on-one at least a solid 7/10 majority.

The rest of your post beyond that point I agree with 100%.

SupremeMan
What does smashing a planet have to do with anything? It is impressive I'll give you that but it doesn't prove anything. He was confident against the Hulk when he met him in his own book and that didn't get him anywhere.

Collateral damage doesn't deter,mine these fights.

I agree he can shatter planets. but when he has matched up with characters such as Hyperion and such he hasn't beaten any of them easily like in a second or two. He lost to a much weaker Hulk. I know radiation was involved, but Hulk was doing fine before it can into the fight anyways.

If Gladiator has been shown to be capable of shattering planets with a punch or three (pretty much a Silver Age Superman level feat) but then he seems about equal with the Hulk or Hyperion in a fight, I'd say that's right up there with any fight where the characters get their power levels fudged by the writer to make it an interesting fight.

The Nuul
We use characters at their best here, thus no low balling them.

This is not the version where Glads fought Hulk. This is planet shattering Glads here.

SupremeMan
Sentry at his best can take on WW Hulk, rape Terrax, and shred worlds while holding back against Genis.

Yeah if this is everybody at their absolute best, it comes down to Gladiator versus Sentry and, while I don't know all of Sentry's feats, I know he's supposed to be able to do anything. Yeah I'm sure that's hyperbole but still. As it is with the stipulation that Gladiator has full confidence, I just don't see Team One losing.

Edit: I also find is funny that the OP has to throw in a stipulation to get people to argue the characters at their best and many still won't do it.

Kris Blaze
Definitely team 2.

Eel O'Brien
I wouldnt say that because within comics he is still held in high regard by the other characters and is regarded as the most powerful. I think hes just had some unfortunate low showings in quick succession as you touched upon. But given that he has high showings far in excess of the low ones you have mentioned, we cant say hes not top tier. Hes been shown on panel to be so much better than how he was portrayed in those few instances.

Namor has been showing having a tough time against Wolverine in recent years.

Thanos has been knocked out by Squirrel girl

Rogue for all her super strength and durability has been knocked out by Sabretooth.

Korvac shrugged off what LT called his "ultimate judgement" and LT fled and sealed the universe shut.

It happens to most characters.

It wouldn't have been so bad, but they just came in quick succession with no better showings to balance them out. Made it seem like Marvel just decided he wasn't top tier material...

ExodusCloak
IIRC glads showed resistance to telepathy against supreme. Team one wins

Cassandra Nova made him wet his pants. erm

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

Literally.

Enyalus

Cassandra Nova made Xavier amped by Cerebra wet his pants...

ExodusCloak
Cassandra Nova made Xavier amped by Cerebra wet his pants...

IRRC Didn't a War Skrull mind rape him as well?

Enyalus
IRRC Didn't a War Skrull mind rape him as well?

I don't know...All I recall is Cassandra Nova doing it, and then Rachel reading his mind while distracted and after just waking up...

ExodusCloak
I don't know...All I recall is Cassandra Nova doing it, and then Rachel reading his mind while distracted and after just waking up...

He was kept under mental control by a WarSkrull in Uncanny X-Men #272 and #273 until the X-Men set him free.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SupremeMan
If Gladiator has been shown to be capable of shattering planets with a punch or three (pretty much a Silver Age Superman level feat) but then he seems about equal with the Hulk or Hyperion in a fight, I'd say that's right up there with any fight where the characters get their power levels fudged by the writer to make it an interesting fight. Just because you destroy a planet that doesn't mean you are going to wreck someone who hasn't on panel. feats are good and all, but they don't determine these fights by themselves alone.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
I disagree. WW is stronger than MM imo. He may be able to amp his strength up to Supe levels but he can't sustain it. Base WW is stronger than base MM and I believe current Wondy writers feel the same way.

Gladiator can take either person on Team 2 for a solid majority. Also, Diana can use her lasso and bracers to protect him from Team 2's more exotic powers.

Team 1 takes this. Gladiator is the toughest person on the field. No one on team 2 is taking him down physically. WW can at least stalemate either guy on Team 2, which is all she needs to do. Also, WW adds more defense to protect Team 1 from Team 2's more effective, non-physical assaults. That adds to Team 1's already impressive durability.

It won't be easy, but they can do it. WW is not stronger than MM. There is nothing that suggests that at all.

Their speed relates and no one is besting the other due to an advantage by their speed.

Sentry can take down Glads physically. The guy took on WW Hulk who is physically one of the baddest mofos out there. ya dig.

quanchi112
Yeah if this is everybody at their absolute best, it comes down to Gladiator versus Sentry and, while I don't know all of Sentry's feats, I know he's supposed to be able to do anything. Yeah I'm sure that's hyperbole but still. As it is with the stipulation that Gladiator has full confidence, I just don't see Team One losing.

Edit: I also find is funny that the OP has to throw in a stipulation to get people to argue the characters at their best and many still won't do it. Sentry though has taken on the same character as Gladiator in a stronger form and done much better than Gladiator.

SupremeMan
Just because you destroy a planet that doesn't mean you are going to wreck someone who hasn't on panel. feats are good and all, but they don't determine these fights by themselves alone.

blink

fangirl101
Just because you destroy a planet that doesn't mean you are going to wreck someone who hasn't on panel. feats are good and all, but they don't determine these fights by themselves alone. I'll rememeber that the next time you ask when has Wonder Woman destroyed a planet on panel and you try and use that to demean her.

quanchi112
blink Sentry raped terrax. Hulk beat Glads. Feats don't determine everything.Originally posted by fangirl101
I'll rememeber that the next time you ask when has Wonder Woman destroyed a planet on panel and you try and use that to demean her. Whether she has or not is inconseqential. She isn't as strong as these guys.

fangirl101
Sentry raped terrax. Hulk beat Glads. Feats don't determine everything. Whether she has or not is inconseqential. She isn't as strong as these guys. And yet she's faced beings who have wrecked planetary bodies. Get lost.

quanchi112
And yet she's faced beings who have wrecked planetary bodies. Get lost. And gotten her ass handed to her by someone with the exact same powerset as Glads. Hm.

fangirl101
And gotten her ass handed to her by someone with the exact same powerset as Glads. Hm. Supergirl and Powergirl have the same power set as Superman as well. And diana has embarrassed both of them.

Badabing
Any more reports or trouble by those I've spoken with the past few days and there will be temp bans. Those of you who have been antagonizing will get warned at the very least. For some of you, any more warnings may mean a perm ban.

I have 6-8 names that have either been causing problems or exasperating problems the past few days. This ends today one way or another. You all can choose to stop the nonsense or I can end this idiocy with bans.

Any questions or objections can be taken to a PM.

SupremeMan
Sentry raped terrax. Hulk beat Glads. Feats don't determine everything.

I understand what you're saying but I'm going with what the characters are shown to be at their best. We all know power levels are fudged and that characters job.

Now I am not personally familiar with the Gladiator/ Hulk fight but I suspect it was when the Hulk was at a power level that was far beyond anything he had ever been shown to be before, planet busting level. That's okay one-off though it may be compared to Gladiator but even then, I have to suspect the writer utterly ignored Gladiator's established speed for there to be such a result. If you're going to invoke that, you should also invoke the Hulk being able to go toe-to-toe with Sentry.

At any rate, my main point is that at their best, this comes down to Gladiator versus Sentry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.