the comedian vs the punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cmack
the comedian has been hired by the us government to assassinate frank castle, he has been given a full profile on him, he has 10 hours prep, can he do it?
punisher doesnt know he is coming

Dr Will Hatch
Depends. How strong in h2h is The Comedian?

PRAYERRUN
WHO is the comedian???

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Depends. How strong in h2h is The Comedian?

In his prime, he owned Ozymandias. But Frank would destroy him.

As much as I'm a fanboy of the Watchmen, Castle is much better in every aspect.

The Nuul
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
WHO is the comedian???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw6RgIf6epQ

ThunderGodEneru
In H2H I dare-say Comedian may win, considering he defeated Ozymandias in his prime, rather handily I believe, assuming Oz was as strong then as he is now.

But all out, Punisher.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
In H2H I dare-say Comedian may win, considering he defeated Ozymandias in his prime, rather handily I believe, assuming Oz was as strong then as he is now.

But all out, Punisher.

At the beginning of the Watchmen, the last version of him, he's 60. And Ozy is a uber bad-ass in h2h, but Castle have resilience and endurance like nobody in the Watchmen.

Punisher and Comedian are very similar on some points, but Castle have it in every way.

Allankles
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
At the beginning of the Watchmen, the last version of him, he's 60. And Ozy is a uber bad-ass in h2h, but Castle have resilience and endurance like nobody in the Watchmen.

Punisher and Comedian are very similar on some points, but Castle have it in every way.

I'd favor the older Ozy to whoop both Castle and any version of Comedian to be honest. H2h I think it's pretty equal between Castle and Comedian, with the edge going to Castle by virtue of his experience.

As far as the TC's scenario goes, Comedian can get it done under the stipulations.

ThunderGodEneru

Punisher and Comedian are very similar on some points, but Castle have it in every way. So we're using retired old man Comedian?

Oz caught a bullet, which is not just a great reflex feat for a human, but a good durability feat IMO.

Meh, in most ways, he definately takes it, but H2H is arguable IMO.

Doctor-Alvis
Didn't Ozymandias improve his h2h after the Comedian whooped him?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Didn't Ozymandias improve his h2h after the Comedian whooped him?

That too.

He learned how to catch a bullet between the two events (the ass whooping from the Comedian and the final)

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

Oz caught a bullet, which is not just a great reflex feat for a human, but a good durability feat IMO.

I think thats more of a speed feat.

Doctor-Alvis
That too.

He learned how to catch a bullet between the two events (the ass whooping from the Comedian and the final)
What I was getting at is it seemed like before that Ozymandias was just like any other crime fighter, regarding fighting ability, and after that he got his proverbial crap together and rose above everyone else.

Mrblonde
In his prime, he owned Ozymandias. But Frank would destroy him.

As much as I'm a fanboy of the Watchmen, Castle is much better in every aspect.

It's been a while since I read the book but when did Comedian in his prime fight Ozymandias

Eternal Idol
It's only mentioned, I believe, not shown.

Grinning Goku
Punisher wins.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Mrblonde
It's been a while since I read the book but when did Comedian in his prime fight Ozymandias

It was only mentioned by Ozymandias that the comedian "won"

Kasper Gutman
Punisher certainly has a zillion more feats (if a regular human can have feats in a superhero forum smile It's hard to say who'd win as Comedian kicks the bucket so quickly and we only get a few flashbacks to go on. If it's who has the coolest button then i pick Comedian.

Dr Will Hatch
The Comedian kicks Franks ass in h2h, if we are going by the film. That guy had to be metahuman.

Mindset
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
It was only mentioned by Ozymandias that the comedian "won" So Comedian didn't really win?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Mindset
So Comedian didn't really win?

Sounded like Ozymandias took a dive.

cloud102
Comedian for sure.

Doctor-Alvis
I looked back at the reference and I think the Punisher would dominate because he's a comic book martial artist. The way Ozymandias described it was he implied he lost the fight but the Comedian's fighting technique consisted of a good feint and strong uppercut and not much more.

Judging by how toned down everything seemed to be in the comic it makes sense to me. It didn't look like there was a lot of "Batman martial artists" so a simple but effective technique like that would be very powerful against targets with little or no training, or possibly caught off guard.

Kris Blaze
I looked back at the reference and I think the Punisher would dominate because he's a comic book martial artist. The way Ozymandias described it was he implied he lost the fight but the Comedian's fighting technique consisted of a good feint and strong uppercut and not much more.

Judging by how toned down everything seemed to be in the comic it makes sense to me. It didn't look like there was a lot of "Batman martial artists" so a simple but effective technique like that would be very powerful against targets with little or no training, or possibly caught off guard.

Even in the final "fight" between Rorschach/Nite Owl and Ozymandias, Ozy didn't display that much technique. He was more resourceful than anything.

jalek moye
Even in the final "fight" between Rorschach/Nite Owl and Ozymandias, Ozy didn't display that much technique. He was more resourceful than anything.
yea the movie versions were much better fighters

Dr Will Hatch
Seriously, those people were beasts. So much for realism.

Doctor-Alvis
True but my point was the Comedian is "normal good" but the Punisher is "comic good"

Kris Blaze
True but my point was the Comedian is "normal good" but the Punisher is "comic good"

I know, but your point alone won't convince this pack of swine.

Martian_mind
Punisher wins,but I don't think Ozy took a dive in their first round personally.

Doctor-Alvis
I know, but your point alone won't convince this pack of swine.
Ah snap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.