nightcrawler vs colossus (sorta)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hawkwind
whose powers would you rather have,
also no tail or blue fur etc(concerning nightcrawler)

Placidity
Tail rules!

Anyway, I would imagine myself as NC kicking ass in X2, I'd probably be some super stealth assassin spy or something. It definitely be more fun.

Colossus on the other hand, in real life would be practically invulnerable. But I don't think he would armor up in public, and since most of the time you wouldn't be in steel form, you'd be just as susceptible to being killed as NC. Could be a super soldier though, that is if the governments decides not to lock you up for tests firsts.

spetznaz
I would chose the powers of NC.

Head off to Vegas, and become a 'magician' specializing in 'death-defying' stunts ....always seeming to die, and actually been seen in the raging inferno, or imploding building, or barrel going over Niagara, or in a box being crushed by a mack truck at 80 mph .....but always appearing unharmed a few moments later.

....always with a slight taint of noxious sulphur hanging in the air.....

If you look at magicians like David Blaine (his tricks can be easily duplicated), David Copperfield (very good, and extremely wealthy ...he even owns a chain of islands called the copperfield islands), and Cris Angel (not as rich as Copperfield ...not even close ....but wealthy enough to own a stable of the finest cars).

Thus, I'd become such a character, and make quite a load of cash, since ....after all ....what I would be doing would be REAL magic, not the high level trickery done by Copperfield and Angel (or the low budget sh!t done by Blaine).

Thus, NC.

After all, being invulnerable would get quite boring after a while. Staying metallic 24/7 is no fun, and when you are not you are just like Quanchi at a thinking competition (that is, totally helpless and vulnerable).

Placidity
Originally posted by spetznaz
Cris Angel (not as rich as Copperfield ...not even close ....but wealthy enough to own a stable of the finest cars).

Cris Angel is low level. Plus he is demon-possessed believe it or not. I have proof.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Placidity
Cris Angel is low level. Plus he is demon-possessed believe it or not. I have proof.

Compared to Copperfield ...yes he is low level.

Compared to Blaine ...he is not. My ranking system is can I replicate the tricks? Blaine, I can replicate most (and a good number of his tricks you can buy from magic shops ....I simply cannot believe anyone thought that guy was 'amazing.' People must really be dumb).

On the other hand, Copperfield's tricks are really high level. Are they tricks? Yes, but there is a lot of expensive gear he puts into place, and replicating them is beyond most people.

Angel comes in-between. For instance, his walking on water trick can be replicated, but the beautiful thing is how he works with camera angles. It is almost intuitive for him and his team (most people doing it tend to mess up when it comes to angles and setup). He is not Copperfield, but he is much better than Blaine (who should consider himself lucky enough people bought his spiel).

In the tricks rating, Copperfield and Angel are way better than Blaine. What I like about Blaine is the physical exertion stunts he does. much better than his 'magic. '

Now, as for the demon parts ....well, I am very curious what info you may have. Thanks.

Placidity

In the tricks rating, Copperfield and Angel are way better than Blaine. What I like about Blaine is the physical exertion stunts he does. much better than his 'magic. '

Now, as for the demon parts ....well, I am very curious what info you may have. Thanks.

I never did know how Criss walked on water.

Ok, I don't actually have proof, but its just my instincts. Plus you probably think I'm nuts unless you have some religious background.

ok...

- I would consider his intro/music somewhat satanic or influenced by such.

- He pretends to be religious wears a cross etc. He also has this priest or reverend talk on his show and he describes Criss's magic as "holy magic" and other such nonsense. This type of bs and that priest would be called a false prophet in biblical text, and is the work of the devil.

- In one episode, they are in a group with his family before a "dangerous" act and they prayed for him. Criss looked seriously disturbed, he was like shivering/shaking during it.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Placidity
I never did know how Criss walked on water.

Ok, I don't actually have proof, but its just my instincts. Plus you probably think I'm nuts unless you have some religious background.

ok...

- I would consider his intro/music somewhat satanic or influenced by such.

- He pretends to be religious wears a cross etc. He also has this priest or reverend talk on his show and he describes Criss's magic as "holy magic" and other such nonsense. This type of bs and that priest would be called a false prophet in biblical text, and is the work of the devil.

- In one episode, they are in a group with his family before a "dangerous" act and they prayed for him. Criss looked seriously disturbed, he was like shivering/shaking during it.

I am also quite religious ...it is just that in years back I used to do some amateur magic (with props and stuff, not just simple sleight of hand), and thus I know it is quite possible for certain types of tricks to appear like something beyond normal.

Blaine level tricks I could do (there are some I do not know how he did them, but the vast majority I can replicate easily).

Angel's tricks are quite good, and i have seen how he does some of them, but most of them are quite amazing (even though they are tricks).

It is Copperfield who makes me applaud though. However, he has the money and resources to have very nice (and very expensive) props. For instance, he currently has a museum of magic where he has a wealth of magical props and tricks from people ranging all the way to Houdini (he is one of two people who have a lot of Houdini memorabilia).

As for the devilish chants in Angel ...in one of my tricks (having someone's face appear on my arm when I rub ash on it) I would chant in gibberish to make people think something 'beyond normal' was occuring. Thus, weird garb and 'chants' do not impress me much.

In my ranking, I'd put Copperfield above both of them, but Angel well (WELL) above Blaine.

The thing about Blaine I respect is that he is able to pull off some very physically demanding stunts (and even though he 'cheats,' few people can replicate those without sufficient training and preparation). He also has a high 'discomfort tolerance,' meaning he can stay in uncomfortable positions longer than many people would want to.

Placidity
I am also quite religious ...it is just that in years back I used to do some amateur magic (with props and stuff, not just simple sleight of hand), and thus I know it is quite possible for certain types of tricks to appear like something beyond normal.

Blaine level tricks I could do (there are some I do not know how he did them, but the vast majority I can replicate easily).

Angel's tricks are quite good, and i have seen how he does some of them, but most of them are quite amazing (even though they are tricks).

It is Copperfield who makes me applaud though. However, he has the money and resources to have very nice (and very expensive) props. For instance, he currently has a museum of magic where he has a wealth of magical props and tricks from people ranging all the way to Houdini (he is one of two people who have a lot of Houdini memorabilia).

As for the devilish chants in Angel ...in one of my tricks (having someone's face appear on my arm when I rub ash on it) I would chant in gibberish to make people think something 'beyond normal' was occuring. Thus, weird garb and 'chants' do not impress me much.

In my ranking, I'd put Copperfield above both of them, but Angel well (WELL) above Blaine.

The thing about Blaine I respect is that he is able to pull off some very physically demanding stunts (and even though he 'cheats,' few people can replicate those without sufficient training and preparation). He also has a high 'discomfort tolerance,' meaning he can stay in uncomfortable positions longer than many people would want to.

Not talking about the chants lol. But I've seen exorcisms first hand, and Criss was showing tell tale signs and similar behavior during that episode where this dude was praying.

Anyway, no one can argue Copperfield is up there. But I don't really hold Blaine or Angel in high esteem.

Blaine is really just a street level magician, theres nothing special about his tricks, although there are few that were pretty cool and I have no idea how he does it. However, I think he is popular for two main reasons. Most people are amazed at any trick, and secondly, he seems like a cool guy and his no-emotion demeanor does have some mysterious allure. But I wouldn't quite label him as charismatic.

Criss on the other hand, does have more advanced tricks, but I've heard many times that he uses fake audiences sometimes... and theres nothing interesting about that once you've got that mindset in your head.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I do respect how Blaine trains himself for those record attempts, but thats not really magic though..

Lord Feron
NC powers easily!

Sin I AM
nightcrawler easily, colossus doesn't bring much to the table

shiv
Ho knows

Kris Blaze
A circus freak or a buff awesome russian farmer?

I'll go with the latter big grin

Doctor-Alvis
I would cause mass hysteria by taking Nightcrawler's powers then teleporting around in a Helghast sniper costume.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I would cause mass hysteria by taking Nightcrawler's powers then teleporting around in a Helghast sniper costume.

I signed the petition in your sig.

SIAFON
I like Nightcrawlers abilities, so I choose him. Just for the sake of argument. Nightcrawler could beat Collosus easily. Really.

SamZED
Colossus. Dont wanna end up stuck in a wall or something.

Placidity
Originally posted by SamZED
Colossus. Dont wanna end up stuck in a wall or something.

Well you could practice in the open for a few years, then you'd be good at it.

Philosophía
Nightcrawler, by far.

DeathKap
Colossus lol

Raoul
Colossus.

DeathKap
I would love being practically Impervious metal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.