The Hulk versus The Parasite (DC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SIAFON
The unlimited strength of the Hulk vs The Parasites ability to absorb his ability. Who wins?

Enyalus
Parasite'd drain his gamma FTW.

Juntai
Originally posted by Enyalus

Eel O'Brien

iceman24567

Eternal Idol
"Stupid purple-guy no hurt Hulk's gramma!!!"

I'm thinking Hulk would edge out a victory here and there, but otherwise stalemate.

complexbrother
Hulk would overload Parasite.

guy222
Hulk

Raoul

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by complexbrother
Hulk would overload Parasite.

Of all the scenarios, that's among the least likely. roll eyes (sarcastic) Parasite has absorbed power from Superman and countless others.

Hulk won't be a problem.

Philosophía
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hulk won't be a problem.

fangirl101
This has been done. And Parasite has drained and uberly amped and gettning stronger Superman already. Who was far faster and had more offensive abilities than Hulk. Parasite wins.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by guy222
Hulk

Care to explain how, guy?

kgkg
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Care to explain how, guy? Punch to the face

TricksterPriest
Gamma absorbed from punch, Hulk dies.

Eternal Idol
Gamma absorbed from punch, Hulk dies.

I'm not very familiar with how the Parasite's powers work. Does he somehow absorb the force from one of Hulk's haymakers without sustaining damage?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I'm not very familiar with how the Parasite's powers work. Does he somehow absorb the force from one of Hulk's haymakers without sustaining damage?

No. TP's just being TP.

kgkg
I'm not very familiar with how the Parasite's powers work. Does he somehow absorb the force from one of Hulk's haymakers without sustaining damage? He won't be absorbing the punch lol but he can grab then hulk and drain him

iceman24567
I thought Parasite absorbed threw contact period? Hulk starts punching he gets weaker and the Parasite gets stronger erm

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
I thought Parasite absorbed threw contact period? Hulk starts punching he gets weaker and the Parasite gets stronger erm

Kinda hard to concentrate when your brain is slamming into the back of your skull repeatedly.

Eternal Idol
Wait, so if he can't take a punch without first absorbing sufficient energy from Hulk, then Parasite is screwed.

kgkg
Wait, so if he can't take a punch without first absorbing sufficient energy from Hulk, then Parasite is screwed. He can talk Hulk's punches.

IMO Hulk can win but he is to stupid to do so Parasite will overload him

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by kgkg
He won't be absorbing the punch lol but he can grab then hulk and drain him

Actually, depending on which Parasite it is, he could absorb the punch.

Enya: Do some research. Parasite's powerset changes alot, depending on which version he is. And he absorbs by TOUCH. To parasite, energy is energy, whether it's lifeforce or other kinds. He's like Mantis, but without the burnout and a lower energy threshold.

kgkg
Actually, depending on which Parasite it is, he could absorb the punch. Any examples?

iceman24567
Kinda hard to concentrate when your brain is slamming into the back of your skull repeatedly. Yeah like when he fight Superman?

Enyalus
Enya: Do some research. Parasite's powerset changes alot, depending on which version he is. And he absorbs by TOUCH. To parasite, energy is energy, whether it's lifeforce or other kinds. He's like Mantis, but without the burnout and a lower energy threshold.

Or you could do some research over the KMC rules and realize that this is Current Parasite unless the thread starter wants to change it.

Yeah like when he fight Superman?

Parasite doesn't drain Superman while he's hitting him in the face. erm That's what Trick was suggesting.

Eternal Idol
Yeah like when he fight Superman?

Superman is said to hold back against anyone who's not a cosmic threat. I don't think Parasite would survive a full-on assault by Superman, even without a speedblitz.

TricksterPriest
Superman knows better than to touch Parasite. The drain is involuntary, Parasite only controls the level of drainage. And the ambient gamma is just icing on the cake.

iceman24567
Or you could do some research over the KMC rules and realize that this is Current Parasite unless the thread starter wants to change it.

Parasite doesn't drain Superman while he's hitting him in the face. erm That's what Trick was suggesting. I disagree erm

Enyalus
I disagree erm

Huh...okay. Well I can't recall him doing that, but they've mixed it up so many times that's not surprising. W/E.

I gave Parasite the easy win, anyhow.

iceman24567
Huh...okay. Well I can't recall him doing that, but they've mixed it up so many times that's not surprising. W/E.

I gave Parasite the easy win, anyhow. Yeah i don't know why i disagree no expression.

Raoul
Umm, was it retconned that Parasite can drain without physical contact? Cos he used to do that, and quite impressively too.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Raoul
Umm, was it retconned that Parasite can drain without physical contact? Cos he used to do that, and quite impressively too. Yeah he did use to do that at one point he just had to be near a person to absorb their energy i can't even remember the last time i saw the guy maybe it was an issue of Jla or something i don't know i need another drink...

Enyalus
Umm, was it retconned that Parasite can drain without physical contact? Cos he used to do that, and quite impressively too.

Thought he semi-recently did it back in JLA 13 or whatever it was. An issue before Supes bullrushed him before Lex and the others knew what hit 'em.

Raoul
Thought he semi-recently did it back in JLA 13 or whatever it was. An issue before Supes bullrushed him before Lex and the others knew what hit 'em.

i wasn't referencing that, but sure, that works. also, amazo used the parasite ability to depower the jla in jla 6, iirc.

then there's the superman stuff, which was what i was talking about.

iceman24567
Thought he semi-recently did it back in JLA 13 or whatever it was. An issue before Supes bullrushed him before Lex and the others knew what hit 'em. I knew it was a JLA comic! laughing

Enyalus
I knew it was a JLA comic! laughing

I'd normally look it up...'cause I actually have it for a change. But I'm really lazy tonight. So yeah. It's a guesstimate.

Badabing
Well, I'm not even sure which Hulk personality is current. In Hulk it's Professor, in The Avengers it's Savage, in Skaar it appears to be WWH. messed

Anyway, if it's one of the smarter versions, why couldn't Hulk just thunderclap and ground stomp ftw? They do start .5 kms away and have knowledge of each other.

But I'm not the most knowledgeable on Parasite either. embarrasment

Enyalus
Oh. Thunderclap might work. Not really sure what stomping the ground would do though...

BlackZero30x
throwing a big rock down on Parasite may work pretty good as well stick out tongue

Badabing
Oh. Thunderclap might work. Not really sure what stomping the ground would do though... Causes shockwaves and ground tremors.Originally posted by BlackZero30x
throwing a big rock down on Parasite may work pretty good as well stick out tongue Big rock ftw!

KingD19
Hulk would win, recently Darwin tried to absorb his energy, he said it was limitless, and he had to let go or he would be overloaded. I thin, regardless of how big Parasites limit is, Hulk will pump out enough energy to overload him. If it ever comes to that, like some others have said, Hulk has multiple ways to kill you without touching you, but a full strength, non restrained punch to the face would probably put Rudy down anyway.

OneDumbG0
^ Very good point.

iceman24567
Hulk has been drained before WWh was different i suppose no expression

OneDumbG0
^ Point. This is current Hulk, not WWH.

psycho gundam
which hulk is "current" exactly? most would assume it's the one in the hulk book, but loeb seemingly discontinued his merger with banner (banner and hulk loved ciara hence the higher power output since banner wasn't holding hulk back as much)

then as bada pointed out there is king hulk with his personality in tact as if loeb never happened in skaar.

*shrugs*

Mindset
**** Hulk

TricksterPriest
Parasite has drained Superman, absorbing Hulk won't be a problem.

I can see it eventually overloading him, but by the time that's a problem, Parasite would have drained most of his energy away. Or at least enough that he could take down Hulk in CQC.

If this is a smart Hulk, T-clap, ground pound, or as Bada said, BIG ASS ROCK durhulk would do the trick. But fisticuffs would backfire.

psycho gundam
^ king hulk would figure it out after like two punches that touching him directly is bad, then it's gamma crush time with ass big rock.

dumb hulk would lose.

fangirl101
Originally posted by KingD19
Hulk would win, recently Darwin tried to absorb his energy, he said it was limitless, and he had to let go or he would be overloaded. I thin, regardless of how big Parasites limit is, Hulk will pump out enough energy to overload him. If it ever comes to that, like some others have said, Hulk has multiple ways to kill you without touching you, but a full strength, non restrained punch to the face would probably put Rudy down anyway. Then why was surfer able to do it so effortlessly. we know that The surfer doesn't have a limitless ability to absorb energy. This point is now moot.

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
Then why was surfer able to do it so effortlessly. we know that The surfer doesn't have a limitless ability to absorb energy. This point is now moot.

Surfer did it to Enraged Hulk. Darwin tried against WWH...

fangirl101
Surfer did it to Enraged Hulk. Darwin tried against WWH...
and the difference is that enraged hulk is actually drawing more energy. WWH was just higher base stats.

Enyalus
and the difference is that enraged hulk is actually drawing more energy. WWH was just higher base stats.

erm I don't know about that.

Mindset
and the difference is that enraged hulk is actually drawing more energy. WWH was just higher base stats. Nope

TricksterPriest
Hang on, we're comparing Darwin's ability to absorb, to Surfer? What the f**k?

Do you really think Surfer would fail? erm

Mindset
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

iceman24567
laughing

psycho gundam
Then why was surfer able to do it so effortlessly. we know that The surfer doesn't have a limitless ability to absorb energy. This point is now moot. maybe the hulk's energy wasn't near limitless circa 196x as it is these days. it's not like superman was exactly as he was back in the day. imo of coarse.

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
maybe the hulk's energy wasn't near limitless circa 196x as it is these days. it's not like superman was exactly as he was back in the day. imo of coarse.

Oh definitely. Its well known that 1968 Superman was vastly less powerful than current Supes. smile

psycho gundam
not funny. no expression

hulk started out in the sixties, superman started out far earlier and with far less power which changed in later issues.

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
not funny. no expression

angel

D_Dude1210
Well, unless someone has on-panel showings of Parasite being overloaded, we'll have to assume that he doesn't have limits. So if Hulk tries the overload route, I'll have to say that Parasite would easily take that.

Thunderclap stun then Big Ass Rock (GAMME CRUSH!) to the head would put Parasite down tho.

I'll give this a draw or to Hulk 6/10.

Mindset
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Well, unless someone has on-panel showings of Parasite being overloaded, we'll have to assume that he doesn't have limits. no limits fallacy

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Mindset
no limits fallacy

I'm not saying there's no limit. Just saying that we don't know what it is and we haven't seen anything that would show that there is a limit.

Mindset
I'm not saying there's no limit. Just saying that we don't know what it is and we haven't seen anything that would show that there is a limit. And you assumed that he didn't have any limits, which you said in your earlier post.

That's a no limits fallacy.

D_Dude1210
And you assumed that he didn't have any limits, which you said in your earlier post.

That's a no limits fallacy.

Well, unless it's shown on-panel that there is a limit. We'll have to assume that the Parasite can absorb a (effectively) limitless amount of energy. This is comics after all. No-limit abilities do exist in a fictional universe. stick out tongue

Mindset
Yea, no limits fallacy.

D_Dude1210
Yea, no limits fallacy.

Fine! Happy Dance

OneDumbG0
Mindset - 1
D Dude1210 - 0

D_Dude1210
There's a point system going on? O_O didn't know that

Mindset
You didn't know because you've never gotten any.

D_Dude1210
You didn't know because you've never gotten any.

Hm. If I recall correctly... Yes, I did. stick out tongue

Or have you forgotten?

D_Dude1210
You won your first debate D_Dude1210!

Mindset
Sarcasm

D_Dude1210
Sarcasm

Denying it now isn't gonna help ya. stick out tongue

vlaaad12345
If parasite can asborb energy no problem from a super amped superman then he can absorb it from hulk.

Endless Mike
I think Hulk could KO him before he drains too much of his power (Parasite can be KO'd, right?)

vlaaad12345
He can be ko'ed but a base hulk isn't going to be doing it and the moment hulk comes in contact hes getting drained and parasite's getting amped.

Avlon
smile

Avlon
Originally posted by Juntai

SIAFON
I think it would be interesting to see, because The Parasite absorbs by touching, not incidental contact. He has to grab and attempt to do so. With the Hulk's ablility to get stronger, and the Parasite's ability to absorb his powers this could go on for a while. If the Parasite absorbed sufficent energy from the Hulk to out muscle him, wouldn't Hulk get madder? In effect getting stronger, will the Hulk be able to understand that grabing purple man makes Hulk weak? Can the Hulk keep powering up, or will the Parasite find he does have a limit? I just think it could be cool to debate/see.

Avlon
Parasite absorbed Strange Visitors energy without issues...and she's unlimited/abstract.

Raoul
can someone please tell me when parasite got retconned? was it that faces of evil book?

iceman24567
Denying it now isn't gonna help ya. stick out tongue laughing

Eel O'Brien
can someone please tell me when parasite got retconned? was it that faces of evil book?

Yeah, that one.

Turns out Rudy didn't actually die during his stint as Lois during Loeb's run. It did, however, leave him looking very baggy...

Raoul
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Yeah, that one.

Turns out Rudy didn't actually die during his stint as Lois during Loeb's run. It did, however, leave him looking very baggy...

he was in the last son arc too... stick out tongue

complexbrother
madder Hulk gets ...

Hulk would keep amping up and we would see the limits of Parisites power.

if it got that far

Kris Blaze
Unless someone kills Hulk's best friend right in front of him after Parasite has drained him, I doubt it.

Eel O'Brien
he was in the last son arc too... stick out tongue

What's your point?

He's shown up a few times since IC, seemingly on Luthor's leash. The Faces of Evil Story is where his surviving Loeb's run is brought out.

Maybe I misunderstood your original question...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.