Superman/Superman Blue vs Hal/Black Adam/Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
No BFR.

No speed stealing.

Hal with only the GL ring.

Raoul
Team 2, imo.

carver9
Superman blue solo

Avlon
Team one.

Blue is as fast as the flash, and Adam has nothing he can do to Blue.

carver9
Blues versatility>>>surfer and I dont think that there is anyone on the battle field that is more powerful then surfer.

Naija boy
Originally posted by carver9
Blues versatility>>>surfer

false.

carver9
Originally posted by Naija boy
false.

Trust me, I love surfer more than any character and I know almost everything that there IS to know about surfer and its almost impossible to ever see me type anyone being more versatile then surfer but I honestly think that superman blue is far more versatile than him.

kgkg
Trust me, I love surfer more than any character and I know almost everything that there IS to know about surfer and its almost impossible to ever see me type anyone being more versatile then surfer but I honestly think that superman blue is far more versatile than him. List a few things Blue has done that makes him more versatile

He is not more versatile than the Surfer

anyway it's hard to be more versatile than a Power Cosmic since you can do pretty much anything if you have the power to do so.

Naija boy
Trust me, I love surfer more than any character and I know almost everything that there IS to know about surfer and its almost impossible to ever see me type anyone being more versatile then surfer but I honestly think that superman blue is far more versatile than him.

u may think that way but its still not true.

Avlon
Originally posted by Avlon
Owns GL and Wonder Woman, and outspeeds Flash.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6121/jlasecretfiles0125ik7.th.jpghttp://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8914/jlasecretfiles0126oy5.th.jpghttp://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6938/jlasecretfiles0127em3.th.jpghttp://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7449/jlasecretfiles0128ih3.th.jpg

Those 3 would be pretty useless against Blue as these scans show.

carver9
Originally posted by kgkg
List a few things Blue has done that makes him more versatile

He is not more versatile than the Surfer

anyway it's hard to be more versatile than a Power Cosmic since you can do pretty much anything if you have the power to do so.

Well, I didnt think about it like that. Do you think that he is more powerful than surfer and who would you give a win to if they had to fight?

kgkg
Well, I didnt think about it like that. Do you think that he is more powerful than surfer and who would you give a win to if they had to fight? Am talking about versatility not "power"

carver9
Am talking about versatility not "power"

But you didnt answer the question though? confused

vlaaad12345
Surfer and blue are pretty much equal in versatility...they can do practically anything with energy,although supes blue is much more willing to use his energy powers since he relied on them more.

kgkg
But you didnt answer the question though? confused ohh I wasn't interested in who won I was just commenting on what you said about Superman blue being more versatility.

you said there must be a reason

carver9
ohh I wasn't interested in who won I was just commenting on what you said about Superman blue being more versatility.

you said there must be a reason

gotcha

kgkg
but carver9 if you want opinions on who wins you should make the thread

darthgoober
I seem to remember Blue Supes saying that he was as vulnerable to magic as anyone at one point, so it seems like he might have serious trouble taking a magically charged punch from Adam. But he might have overcome that vulnerability at some point in the series, and if that happened they might have a small shot at taking this(still give Team 2 the majority though).

darthgoober
Blues versatility>>>surfer and I dont think that there is anyone on the battle field that is more powerful then surfer.
No he's not, not by a long shot. Surfer can pretty much match him feat for feat with some left over.

Philosophía
I ocasionally lulz at Carver's false attempts of backing up Superman, only to continuously prove that he has very little knowledge on the character.

carver9

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
No he's not, not by a long shot. Surfer can pretty much match him feat for feat with some left over.

So who do you think would win in a battle against the two.

carver9
By the way, if you look at all the threads that is made up of blue superman, look at my responses to him, I always give him the upper hand against top tiers and high heralds because I think that he is so much more.

Philosophía
What are you talking about, everything that I discuss about superman be in ALL of his comics. I read superman more than anyone and I honest think I have more knowledge of the character then almost ANYONE on the forum. Dont come at me with that because I dispute things that you all say about wonder woman, superman, and martian manhunter.

What are you talking about, everything that I discuss about superman be in ALL of his comics. I read superman more than anyone and I honest think I have more knowledge of the character then almost ANYONE on the forum. Dont come at me with that because I dispute things that you all say about wonder woman, superman, and martian manhunter.

Because once just isn't enough.

darthgoober
So who do you think would win in a battle against the two.
Surfer. Blue had a nice run, but at the end of the day Surfer can pretty much match him feat for feat with some left over Blue suffers from DC's sharp Power Curve.

carver9

Raoul
I dont get it, i quote things from comics that people dont even know about when it comes up with superman (except raoul), so I cant even believe I'm discussing this with you.

you got off lucky... this time. uhuh

carver9
Surfer. Blue had a nice run, but at the end of the day Surfer can pretty much match him feat for feat with some left over Blue suffers from DC's sharp Power Curve.

Sometimes you have to look pass feats, it was stated that he was more powerful than his regular form which would give surfer a run for his money and blue superman was also stated as being one of the most powerful beings in dcu more than once and I dont think that it was hyperbole.

carver9
Wrestling angles, easily defeating high heralds (gl) and breaking wonder woman easily.

kgkg
dcu more than once and I dont think that it was hyperbole Obviously it was hyperbole

Philosophía
Originally posted by Raoul
you got off lucky... this time. uhuh

laughing out loud

If I make a Phantom Zone vs Carver thread, would I be in any danger of reciving a warning ? uhuh

carver9
Obviously it was hyperbole

It wasnt hyperbole, the guy wrestled a angel with unlimited strength and almost out fought doomsday that was created by myxy which something that superman couldnt do.

darthgoober
Sometimes you have to look pass feats, it was stated that he was more powerful than his regular form which would give surfer a run for his money and blue superman was also stated as being one of the most powerful beings in dcu more than once and I dont think that it was hyperbole.
Superman's regular form at the time wouldn't have given current Surfer a run for his money, that's what I mean when I say that he suffers from DC's sharp Power Curve(by which I mean the way characters rack up better and better feats as time goes on making defeating them more impressive at later dates). And Surfer been referred to as one of the powerful in the universe several times if I'm not mistaken(though exact instances escape me at the moment).

carver9

kgkg
It wasnt hyperbole, the guy wrestled a angel with unlimited strength and almost out fought doomsday that was created by myxy which something that superman couldnt do. so let me get this Strait

Superman Blue was powerful than Kama Rushna or Spectre? wink

Those feat you listed don't make you strongest in DCU

Raoul

Philosophía
no.

shifty
Good.

carver9
so let me get this Strait

Superman Blue was powerful than Kama Rushna or Spectre? wink

Those feat you listed don't make you strongest in DCU

I know it doesnt make you the strongest but I was just bringing that up because normal superman couldnt do that and hes one of the strongest hero on earth.

Now your comment about spectre and kama, I'm not even responding to that. laughing

Raoul
It wasnt hyperbole, the guy wrestled a angel with unlimited strength and almost out fought doomsday that was created by myxy which something that superman couldnt do.

umm, yes he could.

carver9
umm, yes he could.

No he couldnt. Superman always fear for death when fighting doomsday. Hell, doomsday rex shrugged off superman blows until he start loosing confendense and became weak (which is something that I'll never understand, he's not gladiator.)

kgkg
I know it doesnt make you the strongest but I was just bringing that up because normal superman couldnt do that and hes one of the strongest hero on earth.

Now your comment about spectre and kama, I'm not even responding to that. laughing so you agree it's hyperbole big grin

Good

carver9
Whatever

Raoul
No he couldnt. Superman always fear for death when fighting doomsday. Hell, doomsday rex shrugged off superman blows until he start loosing confendense and became weak (which is something that I'll never understand, he's not gladiator.)

he got over his fear of doomsday before he even fought rex.

carver9
he got over his fear of doomsday before he even fought rex.

I understand that but he still always tend to bring up his 1st fight against doomsday almost every time he see doomsday. Just look at the imperex saga and also read what he say when he fought kryptonite doomsday.

Raoul
I understand that but he still always tend to bring up his 1st fight against doomsday almost every time he see doomsday. Just look at the imperex saga and also read what he say when he fought kryptonite doomsday.

he brings it up for two reasons, 1) to fill the casual reader in on who he's fighting, and 2) doomsday did kill him, and there is notoriety there. it doesn't mean superman is afraid of him.

carver9
he brings it up for two reasons, 1) to fill the casual reader in on who he's fighting, and 2) doomsday did kill him, and there is notoriety there. it doesn't mean superman is afraid of him.

Not affraid but he does think the worse.

Raoul
Not affraid but he does think the worse.

he knows doomday can kill him. just the same he knows that brainiac and darkseid can too. it doesn't make him fear them or fight any less effectively.

carver9
he knows doomday can kill him. just the same he knows that brainiac and darkseid can too. it doesn't make him fear them or fight any less effectively.

I understand that but he talks completely different about doomsday than anyone that you listed above

Raoul
I understand that but he talks completely different about doomsday than anyone that you listed above

because doomsday did kill him once. thats all.

Enyalus
Those 3 would be pretty useless against Blue as these scans show.

Throughout his entire run in the Superman books and the typical JLA issues he wasn't nearly so powerful (except when he was amped holding the moon in place and wrestling Asmodel). JLA Secret Files and the Supes Annual really put him up there....

I give Team Two the 6/10 majority. Hal and BA are more than enough to trounce Supes, while Flash can keep Blue busy, steal his speed, etc - 'til he gets assistance.

Avlon
Originally posted by Enyalus
Throughout his entire run in the Superman books and the typical JLA issues he wasn't nearly so powerful (except when he was amped holding the moon in place and wrestling Asmodel). JLA Secret Files and the Supes Annual really put him up there....

You would have a point except that Blue's had him learning his powers from scratch without even know how he got that way. Some of the things that may have worked on him at the beginning of his run wouldn't have worked on him by the end of his run.

I give Team Two the 6/10 majority. Hal and BA are more than enough to trounce Supes, while Flash can keep Blue busy, steal his speed, etc - 'til he gets assistance.

Adam is a horrible mismatch as he wouldn't be able to touch Supes as he could easily use violent absorbtion to turn his own attacks against him just as he did with WW... and of course trying to use lightning probably wouldn't be smart against a guy with complete control of energy.

As for GL... Supes could simply turn off their nervous systems as per the scan.

Enyalus
Adam is a horrible mismatch as he wouldn't be able to touch Supes as he could easily use violent absorbtion to turn his own attacks against him... and of course trying to use lightning probably wouldn't be smart against a guy with complete control of energy.

As for GL... Supes could simply turn off their nervous systems as per the scan.

Sure, but could Blue take on all three at once? IMO Flash keeps him busy until the two dispose of current Supes. And Hal isn't a rookie Kyle. He's got much more experience (obviously) and control. No doubt it might work once or initially against Hal, but I don't see it taking Hal out of the fight for good.

Avlon
Sure, but could Blue take on all three at once? IMO Flash keeps him busy until the two dispose of current Supes. And Hal isn't a rookie Kyle. He's got much more experience (obviously) and control. No doubt it might work once or initially against Hal, but I don't see it taking Hal out of the fight for good.

Blue could simply go invisible...and the only one that would be able to see him would be Hal and Supes. Flash and Adam can't touch Supes and that pretty much takes them out of the fight while Blue can deal with any one of the field in various ways. Hal's constructs can be absorbed.

An omnidirectional blast is all Blue would need to take care of Flash, or he could just mess with Flash and Hal's nervous systems pretty easily. Now while that wouldn't work on Adam ..once again...Adam would never be able to touch Supes.

Let's not forget that even regular supes can create constructs from him mind either. smile

Enyalus
...Blue has too many abilities to keep track of.

stick out tongue

jltruth
n/a

carver9
...Blue has too many abilities to keep track of.

stick out tongue

Thats why I said superman blue solo

Enyalus
Thats why I said superman blue solo

He can't pull all that shit off at once against three high heralds. He doesn't solo.

carver9
He can't pull all that shit off at once against three high heralds. He doesn't solo.

Why couldnt he since he is as fast as the flash and the only one out here that is high herald is superman blue and hal. He could get air born or how about him just turning to light period (like the time that he was going through power lines and power sockets), what could they do to him.

He can solo if fighting right, which he would do.

Naija boy
Arent Gls also high level energy manipulators? (hence the reason they get put in fights with surfer alot) Then even if he isnt as good as supes blue, he should still be able to put up a good fight and not be cannon fodder in this match.

carver9
Originally posted by Naija boy
Arent Gls also high level energy manipulators? (hence the reason they get put in fights with surfer alot) Then even if he isnt as good as supes blue, he should still be able to put up a good fight and not be cannon fodder in this match.

Whats going to shield him from superman going through his shield one shotting him in the face.

Mekrob
Somebody throws a boulder at Blue, and then all three gang up on regular Superman.

Philosophía
So nobody can back team 2 against Supes Blue alone ?

Heh.

Mekrob

Raoul

zeel
Replace hal and flash with the eradicator that would be a interesting fight.

Supes vs BA and blue supes vs eradicator.

carver9
Blue supes would still stomp and could still solo.

darthgoober
no

carver9
no

Why couldnt he solo when regular supes is>erads

carver9
I know that erads has control of energy but I dont think that he could control something on blue supes level.

darthgoober
Again, it's the Power Curve. Superman's power increases over time as his body absorbs more and more solar radiation and the feats Supes has in his "standard form" now far exceed those that he had 10 years ago. Blue might have been more powerful than his standard self at the time, but that doesn't mean that he's more powerful than the Supes of today. By the same token, I can all but guarantee that Wally's a fair share faster and more proficient with his abilities than he was at the time.

And besides all that, what makes you think that the Eradicator can solo these three?

Enyalus
Blue wasn't even more powerful than his old version according to the Man of Steel himself.

I can think of at least four times throughout that "season" where he laments not having his old powers and wishes he could have them back, lol.

zeel

nah

zeel

nah depending on the version of erads he rapes supes and has in the past. Hes close to him physically , he can munipulat matter. He has changed the color of the sun he has burnt holes in spues skin just by touching him.

Grinning Goku
Adam and Flash can't do jack to Superman Blue, but I'm not sure about GL, though. Regular Superman can take down Teth, but Flash or Hal could work him over leaving Superman Blue to deal with Hal and to a lesser extent Wally. If Superman Blue can handle GL's well, the team one wins.

vlaaad12345
Blue wasn't even more powerful than his old version according to the Man of Steel himself.

I can think of at least four times throughout that "season" where he laments not having his old powers and wishes he could have them back, lol.
The times I remember him wishing he had his old powers was because of how easy they were to use,with his blue powers he had to actually think things through drain energy ect ect instead of just flying up and punching crap in the face,blue had some insane feats all around that even current superman would be hard pressed to match or exceed,the fact that he could effortlessly outdrained parasite even though parasite still shows himself able to drain kryptonian level beings without problem is testemant enough to that.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
The times I remember him wishing he had his old powers was because of how easy they were to use,with his blue powers he had to actually think things through drain energy ect ect instead of just flying up and punching crap in the face,blue had some insane feats all around that even current superman would be hard pressed to match or exceed,the fact that he could effortlessly outdrained parasite even though parasite still shows himself able to drain kryptonian level beings without problem is testemant enough to that.

Lol, yes. Almost killing him and gloating over it. Very cool.

carver9
Again, it's the Power Curve. Superman's power increases over time as his body absorbs more and more solar radiation and the feats Supes has in his "standard form" now far exceed those that he had 10 years ago. Blue might have been more powerful than his standard self at the time, but that doesn't mean that he's more powerful than the Supes of today. By the same token, I can all but guarantee that Wally's a fair share faster and more proficient with his abilities than he was at the time.

And besides all that, what makes you think that the Eradicator can solo these three?

Flash was still going light speed and above and its debatable that even regular supes could go that fast.

Blue supes was>>current supes and everything about him proves that, even his fight with doomsday.

I never said eradicator could solo, I said blue supes could.

Ambient
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5020/momentumabsorptionpt6.th.jpg

Blue steals all they're speed and make em go sluggis and yes that incld. Flash then \/\/\/

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2601/supescontrolelectricalalf6.th.jpg

Force em into a comma or plain old blitzen..

Blue Supes ssoollooo!!!!!

evil face evil face evil face evil face

Philosophía
ermm

I said back, not post opinion.

uhuh

Raoul

Eel O'Brien
Blue supes was>>current supes and everything about him proves that, even his fight with doomsday.

How did his fight with Doomsday prove anything?

Raoul
Flash was still going light speed and above and its debatable that even regular supes could go that fast.

no its not. even mcscruffie admitted that superman could go ftl.

proof?

Philosophía
proof?

crylaugh

Oh wait .. you're serious. no expression

Philosophía
Now, as to my opinion on the match, team 1 wins.

Though Supes Blue was still vulnerable to magic, he had one of the most impressive showings against it. If Black Adam's magical amped punches would connect, they could or could not do some damage. Hal's experienced, and despite the showing Supes Blue had against Kyle, I'd still say that if he'd get the chance he'd do some damage. I'm not sure if Flash would be able to do something, though I wouldn't count him out.

Now, the main problem is speed. Both combatants on team 1, far outstrip Black Adam and Hal in terms of speed, so if it came to one on one, they'be be in trouble. Their chance is if Flash steals speed from Superman (current) and pases it on to his teammates (Black Adam in particular) and they then try to gang up on Supes Blue. If Blue engages Flash at the beginning of the match and doesn't give him time to do anything to current Supes, then the match dramatically shifts in team 1's favour. So if depends on the tactics emplyed, and who fights who. Still, Team 1 does get a healthy majority as in most cases things would run in their favour.

Raoul

Philosophía
i am. imo current superman > superman blue.

No, I agree with that.

I was just laughing at you asking carver for proof.

Enyalus

Philosophía
Yes. Those just about cover all the options for that particular instance. wink

That's because the options are all possible. Supes Blue has both shown to be vulnerable to magic, aswell as resist it. It was a way of saying it's not set in stone.

Raoul

Enyalus

shokosugi
Team Supes demolishes the other team.

Slaanesh
team 2 FTW 10/10

Mindset
Yes. Those just about cover all the options for that particular instance. wink laughing out loud

Avlon

Eel O'Brien

Enyalus
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
What was the showing?

I think it was the annual, when he fights that magical spider god.

He did get owned pretty badly against the Millenium Giants heralds' weapons though. Which were a type of magic.

Philosophía
Blue also has control over kinetic energy which should effectively let him "steal" speed as well.

Not saying that Blue can boost others speed (as I've never seen him do that) but he should be able to stop Flash from doing it without much issue if need IMO.

Blue has never demonstrated the capability to steal/borrow speed on Flash's level, quite far from it actually. I don't think he'd be able to do anything if Flash decides to steal Superman (current)'s speed.

Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
What was the showing?

I'll post one in particular in the respect thread once I get the time, along with some other scans.

Avlon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.