Link vs Nero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KakashiKun
Link vs Nero
I would go with Nero

I am who I am
Nero...Devil Bringer

Voyeur
refer to the Link vs Dante thread.

Same shit, different smell.

Link wins.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=504252&pagenumber=1

fascistcrusader
Nero, speedblitz and devil bringer.

ScreamPaste
Nah, Link has this.

Gumachi
wExC_UegKZw

Voyeur
Originally posted by Voyeur
LINK's abilities:
Link is the hero of time with many abilities.

Link is an exceptional swordsman. His skill with various weapons and items allows him to easily adapt and master each new tool he acquires and employ them in battles. Link shows himself to be an excellent marksman. Including but not restricted to with a Bow and Arrow, Boomerang, Slingshot, HookShot, ClawShot etc. etc.

Link is also very agile, proven as he is able to perform back-flips and somersaults with ease to dodge his enemies' attacks at the very start of his adventures.

Additionally, Link has proven to be very strong physically, as he is usually able to move heavy objects and overpower larger enemies rather easily. Along the fact his power to ride a giant Boar, and his horseback riding skills are impeccable.

In the "Oracle of Seasons", Link is shown to have at least some skills in hand-to-hand combat with the boxing mini-game and in Twilight Princess, he is taught the art of sumo wrestling by the mayor of Ordon Village; proving Link isn't completely defenseless without a weapon.

Link even uses magic in the form of spells. On several occasions he has even been able to shape shift into another form including a fairy, bunny, wolf, Deku, Goron, Zora, a Giant, and a Deity.

Finally, he is endowed with the powers of the Triforce of Courage.

The Legend of Zelda
-Sword Beams: able to fire energy blasts from Sword
-Spin Attack: Charged or otherwise, with or with out magical energy released from it, this attack is a circular based one with critical consequence.
(side note: these attacks are also translated and relate to the other titles in which they appear. Same goes for Sword Plant, Rocket Stab, Lunge and so on)

Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
-Shield: (buff) reduces all damage taken by half
-Jump: (buff) Link's jumping abilities are greatly increased
-Life: (buff) Regenerates Health
-Fairy: (buff) Transforms Link into a Fairy
-Fire: (ranged) A ranged fire attack from the Sword
-Reflect: (buff) Nullifies and reflects all attacks
-Spell: (aoe) Transforms all Enemies into a Bot
-Thunder: (aoe) destroys all Enemies.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Bombos: (aoe) creates a giant explosion
Ether: (aoe) immobilize all enemies
Quake: (aoe) creates an earthquake

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Excluded since it's a dream, other wise this Link would be unbeatable.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Din's Fire: (aoe) Creates a dome of intense Fire to disintegrate
Farore's Wind: (buff) Create a Warp Point to teleport at any time
Nayru's Love (buff) Create a protective barrier to reduce damage

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Deku Link: can hover and shoot poison bubbles
Goron Link: lolwut strong & can spin around at extreme velocity
Zora Link: Energy Shield, ranged fins, & unlimited breath under water
Giant Link: need I say more?
Fierce Deity Link: Deity means a god, so yeah =3

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Hidden Skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLg5beoBbAU
-Ending Blow
-Shield Attack
-Back Slice
-Helm Splitter
-Mortal Draw
-Jump Strike
-Great Spin

Super Smahs Bros. Series
Final Smash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65pkTJHljSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gn1d_qn0vw

The move hits multiple enemies.

SSE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_m5AsTPaPw

(side note: being able to side step and dodge Fox's laser is proof he could dodge a bullet. Lets also state that by official translation of Nintendo that Farore's wind can be used as a quick teleportation)

SoulCalibur 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaDSWnA-27Q

Illusion Stab Combo, also in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

for the sake of length I have not gone to deeply into each specific Link by assuming all the basics are kept through out each one.

tl;dr: "Link" combined by all titles is extremely over powered.
lets go =3

ScreamPaste
that video by Gumachi just made false saviour look weak, his massive fists barely dented the ground. =/

Gumachi
Nevermind.

Voyeur
you guys should know that ScreamPaste and myself, as much as we seem to always be in Link's favor, I personally am a Sheik fan hard core. And him and I debate about a lot of things.

one example: I think Link's sexuality is homosexual and he thinks Link is straight.

kek

ScreamPaste
.. you bastard, Link is NOT GAY D:<

Gumachi
Hey, you can never be too shure no expression

ScreamPaste
In MM Link has hetero feats, like saving the Milk cart over and over so Cremia squishes his face into her chest.

Voyeur
he's blushing out of nervousness of the awkward situation due to the female anatomy touching him since he isn't keen to it.

example: if you are straight and a guy is up on you in a suggestive manner, you get that "eeuuhhh" nervousness.

In Twilight Princess he also acts this same awkward way when Telma and clearly doesn't take advantage of the obvious crush from Ilia. Or Ruto for that matter. And yes, like you said she is a sage but even if she wasn't because she says he's handsome the first time around, he doesn't even take the chance to bone Nabooru.

BUT this isn't a debate between the subject =P

I just wanted to show we do disagree even though if together we rape the majority of you with intelligence and facts.

ScreamPaste
Voy, he was too young for Nabooru and when he WAS old enough to stick it to her she was a sage anyway and he couldn't, Saria's a child, and Ruto's not even the same species as him.

It was happy warm fuzzy blushing, that's what it even said when it happened. D:<

If a guy gets up on you, as in nuts in your face, you punch him.

k1Lla441
different than link vs dante, link takes this one, as he is not nearly as fast as dante.

Voyeur
I'm also not a fangirl or advocate yaoi.

Ultimate Wil
Nero via speed blitz

THE JLRTENJAC
Link all the way, man. Link all the way!

THE JLRTENJAC
he's blushing out of nervousness of the awkward situation due to the female anatomy touching him since he isn't keen to it.

example: if you are straight and a guy is up on you in a suggestive manner, you get that "eeuuhhh" nervousness.

In Twilight Princess he also acts this same awkward way when Telma and clearly doesn't take advantage of the obvious crush from Ilia. Or Ruto for that matter. And yes, like you said she is a sage but even if she wasn't because she says he's handsome the first time around, he doesn't even take the chance to bone Nabooru.

BUT this isn't a debate between the subject =P

I just wanted to show we do disagree even though if together we rape the majority of you with intelligence and facts.

So... wait... you're saying that just because he doesn't take the chance to get laid he is a homosexual... that's foolish...

And let's not even mention the fact that he was a child in MM, and might have as well been one in OOT (as he slept for 7 years of life, not allowing him to mature with his physical aging.)

And as far as the "Obvious crush from Ilia" he also had an obvious crush on Ilia.

Voyeur
so specifically I am referring to the Ocarina of time Link as being gay, and my other forms of proof lie in the very frame shots and every cut scene with him involving Sheik. Sheik is suppose to be a Sheikah male, (Yes I know Sheik is a female, http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=13558)

but she is suppose to come off as a Male and there is a very dominate feeling of this sexual tension between Link and Sheik when ever she is off to vanish. The themes related between the two that arise of a "burning fire of lovers" and the serenade of water part, I mean it all really has this lingering hint of attraction from Link.

now Sheik didn't share that same emotion and that is clearly shown, because she is Zelda and Zelda + Link will NEVER, ever be a couple and never should be considered because of my own personal views on that.

ScreamPaste has left me to see that in OoT Link could of grown out of his curiousness for Men after realizing sheik was female, and since then grew on to have an attraction towards women.

ScreamPaste
I did not. He NEVEr was gay.

EDIT; End of TP, Midna's like "I'm sexy 8D" Link's like "..uh.. =DDDDD!!"

THE JLRTENJAC
so specifically I am referring to the Ocarina of time Link as being gay, and my other forms of proof lie in the very frame shots and every cut scene with him involving Sheik. Sheik is suppose to be a Sheikah male, (Yes I know Sheik is a female, http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=13558)

but she is suppose to come off as a Male and there is a very dominate feeling of this sexual tension between Link and Sheik when ever she is off to vanish. The themes related between the two that arise of a "burning fire of lovers" and the serenade of water part, I mean it all really has this lingering hint of attraction from Link.

now Sheik didn't share that same emotion and that is clearly shown, because she is Zelda and Zelda + Link will NEVER, ever be a couple and never should be considered because of my own personal views on that.

ScreamPaste has left me to see that in OoT Link could of grown out of his curiousness for Men after realizing sheik was female, and since then grew on to have an attraction towards women.

Oh... god... where do I begin...

First off... where do you get this "burning fire of lovers" stuff... If it comes from Shiek talking to Link in the ice cavern allow me to point out what Skiek says.

eC9k1BSVrn4

"Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth... Now listen to the Serenade of Water to reflect upon yourself...."

First off, if you take this entire quote you will see that Shiek is talking about the passage of time. The mention of love was not some way for the developers to point out that Link is attracted to Shiek, but rather as an example of growth over time, which is the overarching theme of the game.

Secondly, There is no lingering hint of attraction from Link portrayed in this game at all. Infact, I would like pointed out how you have come to these rediculous conclusions from the "very frame shots and every cut scene with him involving Sheik".

I mean, it is more likely for one to say that Link was attracted to Saria, but even that is preposterous.

Voyeur
actually the love becoming deep affection is talking about Ruto's love for Link.

any who, he's gay in OoT for sure, later one he loves the women.

kek I'm not bothering to go into detail on this since it's just piontless =P
and I am in turn saying my character is more manly then she really is.

I am who I am
Originally posted by Gumachi
wExC_UegKZw Yeah, that would pretty much destroy Link.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by I am who I am
Yeah, that would pretty much destroy Link.

Not even close. Savior despite his size is an order of magnitude physically weaker than normal Gerudo form Ganon. Let alone Beast form.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Not even close. Savior despite his size is an order of magnitude physically weaker than normal Gerudo form Ganon. Whoa whoa what?

CosmicComet
Exactly as I said. Savior was shown only causing some cracks in the ground with his fists. That's a cake feat for Ganon.

Ultimate Wil
CosmicComet hasn't played DMC4.

THE JLRTENJAC
actually the love becoming deep affection is talking about Ruto's love for Link.

any who, he's gay in OoT for sure, later one he loves the women.

kek I'm not bothering to go into detail on this since it's just piontless =P
and I am in turn saying my character is more manly then she really is.

That's because you got nothing. Face it. Link never has, nor ever will be a ho-mo-sexual.

Gumachi
Some people think Link is gay some don't. Shut up and get the **** over it.

ScreamPaste
Link won, so we needed something else to argue about =P

Gumachi

I am who I am
Not even close. Savior despite his size is an order of magnitude physically weaker than normal Gerudo form Ganon. Let alone Beast form. You miss the point. It doesn't matter that the Savior is strong. Nero was powerful enough to crush the head of a giant demon. With one stroke. Link is not strong enough to survive such an attack.

You say Savior is not strong? You have never seen DMC4 then. Damn thing can slap down GIANT tiles and and shoot beams that ruin cities.Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Link won, so we needed something else to argue about =P Link only has a few peeps defendin' him FAR less then the amount who voted 4 his victory, yet you have FAR more peeps defendin' Nero, more than he has votes. Hell, I haven't even voted yet.

Link aint won nothin', cuz you aint made very good arguments and you aint proven jack to show that Link has what it takes to survive Nero's power.

ScreamPaste
That proves nothing, but tells us the story behind it, by feats Ganon in his gerudo form is still much more physicly powerful.

I am who I am
HE CRUSHED A GIANT'S HEAD. THAT SHOWS NERO IS STRONG, PHYSICLY. LINK CAN NOT WRAP HIS HANDS AROUND A GIANTS HEAD AND CRUSH IT.

Get it?

ScreamPaste
You miss the point. It doesn't matter that the Savior is strong. Nero was powerful enough to crush the head of a giant demon. With one stroke. Link is not strong enough to survive such an attack.

You say Savior is not strong? You have never seen DMC4 then. Damn thing can slap down GIANT tiles and and shoot beams that ruin cities. Link only has a few peeps defendin' him FAR less then the amount who voted 4 his victory, yet you have FAR more peeps defendin' Nero, more than he has votes. Hell, I haven't even voted yet.

Link aint won nothin', cuz you aint made very good arguments and you aint proven jack to show that Link has what it takes to survive Nero's power.

Link won the Dante thread and Nero is slower than Dante, but very similiar. Link is stronger and more durable by feats, and his reaction time can easily be proven to be sonic.

He wins this by throwing a rock at Nero so hard it takes his head off, really.

Gumachi
Nero kills Link with DB, otherwise Link wins...I think.

"The Devil Bringer is the "weapon" that takes the form of Nero's right arm. Its origins remain a mystery but it bestows upon Nero incredible power, including the ability to bend space and time to pull himself across distances instantly and pull enemies to Nero. Nero states, after receiving the Yamato, that "From that day forth, arm changed and a voice echoed 'Power. Give me more power.'" It seems to also give him incredible strength, as he is able to parry the sword strike of Berial, who is almost five times Nero's height, with his Red Queen. The story seems to focus some attention on the Devil Bringer, its powers, and its origins. It also seems to disturb Kyrie, the main female lead in DMC4, that Nero possesses the Devil Bringer, possibly because it is obviously of demonic origin, but after saving her from Sanctus, she comes to understand Nero and accept his arm. The arm allows Nero to absorb certain items, such as the Yamato, and gain their abilities. It is by doing this that Nero attains his Devil Trigger. "

From the "things" Nero said it could be from God himself; "Nero's lines as he approached the Sanctus-Savior indicated that his "Devil Trigger" isn't a "Devil" trigger at all, but that his powers came from GOD. I quote, "You know, God, I always hated that you made my arm like this... But now, with it, I can destroy this thing. Who would've thought?!", as well as "Now I know... This hand was made for sending guys like you back to Hell!". Sounds like a holy purpose to me. "

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Bringer

Gumachi
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Link won the Dante thread and Nero is slower than Dante, but very similiar. Link is stronger and more durable by feats, and his reaction time can easily be proven to be sonic.

He wins this by throwing a rock at Nero so hard it takes his head off, really.

Only 3 people was rooting for Link and only YOUR assuming he has won. Just like you do in every Link versus thread.

Nero could pick up a rock and take off Link's head as well. After all, Nero could easily pick up Berial and toss him around.

rjdCthbihI8 @3:01 Nero picks up Berial and slams him unto the ground.

CosmicComet
You miss the point. It doesn't matter that the Savior is strong. Nero was powerful enough to crush the head of a giant demon. With one stroke. Link is not strong enough to survive such an attack.

You say Savior is not strong? You have never seen DMC4 then. Damn thing can slap down GIANT tiles and and shoot beams that ruin cities. Link only has a few peeps defendin' him FAR less then the amount who voted 4 his victory, yet you have FAR more peeps defendin' Nero, more than he has votes. Hell, I haven't even voted yet.

1. Link has tanked worse than anything the DMC universe has shown to do as far as destructive feats go. I never finished Majora's mask but according to ScreamPaste he was in the center of the moon when it was destroyed and he fell back to Earth and he was fine. End.

2. Notice I said physical strength. I know what Savior's destructive potential is overall, but physically it's feats are modest. Even the one you mentioned.

ScreamPaste
Gumachi is impressing me by bringing forth sources and evidence, kudos sir.

I'll be back with a valid argument.

Edit:

Only 3 people was rooting for Link and only YOUR assuming he has won. Just like you do in every Link versus thread.

Nero could pick up a rock and take off Link's head as well. After all, Nero could easily pick up Berial and toss him around. Which is not enough to take Link's head off, Link has shown much higher strength/durability. A rock the size of a baseball would practicly be a comet in his hands.

I am who I am
1. Link has tanked worse than anything the DMC universe has shown to do as far as destructive feats go. I never finished Majora's mask but according to ScreamPaste he was in the center of the moon when it was destroyed and he fell back to Earth and he was fine. End.

2. Notice I said physical strength. I know what Savior's destructive potential is overall, but physically it's feats are modest. Even the one you mentioned.

1. Prove it, that's BS. I have Majoras Mask. Never happened.

2. Link cannot survive bein' crushed by the Devil Bringer

Gumachi
Thank You lol.

rjdCthbihI8 @3:01--Nero picks up Berial and takes of his head. And even if Link does throw a rock, Nero's Devil Bringer will prevent him from getting hit.

CosmicComet
Sure he can. He's taken worse from Ganon and gotten back up.

Gumachi
Who gives a shit about Ganon? From the "things" Nero said it could be from God himself; "Nero's lines as he approached the Sanctus-Savior indicated that his "Devil Trigger" isn't a "Devil" trigger at all, but that his powers came from GOD. I quote, "You know, God, I always hated that you made my arm like this... But now, with it, I can destroy this thing. Who would've thought?!", as well as "Now I know... This hand was made for sending guys like you back to Hell!". Sounds like a holy purpose to me. " Surviving something from Almighty God? Anyway, Nero picks up Link like he did Berial and tosses him 1000 feet from where they are.

ScreamPaste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeVbMiqVuV0

PROOF. =D

I am who I am
Thank You lol.

rjdCthbihI8 @3:01--Nero picks up Berial and takes of his head. And even if Link does throw a rock, Nero's Devil Bringer will prevent him from getting hit.
I hope you know that you've single handedly won this argument. The vids you post provide proof to your claims. Just sayin' somthin wit' no proof makes it invalid.

I wouldn't be askin for proof if the guys cheerin for Link wasn't flat out lyin' or makin' outrageously blind claims.

Gumachi
At the most demons in DMC could destroy the entire universeand have taken conquer of the human world. And Mundus had already ruled over Hell. Just because something in: /Link's Universe/ is so called "badass" doesn't mean it's a big of a deal in Dante's universe.

ScreamPaste
See above post, it contains proof, Link survives the destruction of the moon and is fine.

He also can be proven to have sonic reflexes from that same video, the guy who made it cheated by using the mask though, lol.

I am who I am
At the most demons in DMC could destroy the entire universeand have taken conquer of the human world. And Mundus had already ruled over Hell. Just because something in: /Link's Universe/ is so called "badass" doesn't mean it's a big of a deal in Dante's universe. I wouldn't go so far as to say DMC guys can destroy worlds but they have provided no adequate proof that Link has the feats necessary to hang wit Nero. Nero has shown he can toss Link like trash and Link has no proof that he can defend against it and succeed.

ScreamPaste

As to strength, Let me math.. He lifted a stone pillar resmebling black granite closest (a VERY heavy stone known for being retardedly heavy.)

granit article v
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~rmr/definition.html <--source.

"Since so many people ask me about "weight" ....I have an old reference that says an "average" granite has a density of about 166.5 lb. per cubic foot, or about 2.6 times what the same volume of water would weigh. If its what commercial stone dealers call a "black granite" the density would likely be much higher."

Now, assuming that, lemme make a few estimations.. /heads to youtube.

http://i44.tinypic.com/15pg4g3.jpg <--screen shot. I'l try to get one that shows the entire pillar rather than just the bottom... but it's clearly huge. Lemme do some quick math on that using the average weight of white granite before I move on to black granite..

K, working with only what we can SEE in this image, let's assume conservatively that Link is slighlty above average height, around 6'2" or more seems reasonable, so we'll go with six. ASSUMING these thigns with VERY roguh guestimations (thank you Blubba Pinecone for your godliness) this rock is aprox 12208.32 cubic feet in volume. (JUST the visible part in the pic, not including the top half.) Now, if that means the average weight of white granite is 166.5 lbs per cubic foot... *math* 2032685.28 Lbs. That's the weiht of JUST the visible portion of the pillar if we assume Link is 6' and the stone is light granite as opposed to black granite.

If a ton is 2000 lbs thats 1016.3 tons. and he THROWS IT.

Now I have to find something on black granite because that's the stone the pillars in OoT closest resemble.. -.- Just a sec.

Gumachi
@I am who I am: Well, from the things we HAVE saw, atleast from the destruction of DM2. I don't mean destroy in the manner, but they do so much damage they can destroy it.

@Scream: From the "things" Nero said it could be from God himself; "Nero's lines as he approached the Sanctus-Savior indicated that his "Devil Trigger" isn't a "Devil" trigger at all, but that his powers came from GOD. I quote, "You know, God, I always hated that you made my arm like this... But now, with it, I can destroy this thing. Who would've thought?!", as well as "Now I know... This hand was made for sending guys like you back to Hell!". As I am who I am said: "Link has no proof that he can defend against it and succeed. " Berial himself was tossed, even the incarnation of Sparda couldn't resist, rather he is stronger or not than Savior, he wouldn't be able to resist a spirtual form. Like I said: Nero tosses Link 1000 feet into the air, Link falls and Nero crushes him with his DB. Other than that, then maybe just maybe, Link wins.

CosmicComet
Wonderful. Gumachi once again resorting to his tendency of hyping titles and exaggerating attributes from some random bit of dialog and then contradicting his exaggeration with canon feats that don't come close to backing it up.

The Devil Bringer. A gift from God? That's all good. Does it mean he has powers befitting God? Of course not. Not even close. He throws Beriel around. Great. Beriel is what... a 30 ton being at best.

Link with the gauntlets at least is an order of magnitude stronger than throwing a 30 ton class entity.

And again, the Yamato is shown to have a destructive feat of cutting through some slab of stone. That's nothing compared to what Link already shook off from Ganon's beast form.

I am who I am
Link STRUGGLES to lift that and Link does not lift it on his own, he has special items. Nero on the other hand with his own power can toss a giant demons FAR bigger than that stone, miles away.

Voyeur
you most note that the explosion is in a slow motion time frame and it is the ultimate power of the wicked God Majora, who is evil incarnate that is exploding and thus blowing up the entire moon into nothing but rubble.

(rainbow; is there for happy ending effect)

Link would of fell from this height and you see how tall the giants are. Now, it says " Dawn of a New Day." and Link wakes up, unharmed, unscathed, and this isn't for a very long time since the interpretation of that is of course there would be a new Dawn if the moon was destroyed. So he's probably out for a few minutes before completely becoming conscious.

B E S I D E S:
You said vs Link. That means what I posted before, with ALL OF Link's abilities that none of you take the time to read it seems. Link casts Spell, it transforms Nero into a Bot and all of Nero's abilities, strength, speed is out the window and he is reduced to what a bot can do. Be a slime organism and hobble around, leaving link to only have to squish him.

Besides lets debate this is Majora's Mask Link vs Nero, he merely needs to slap on the Giant's mask.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIblu7rp6Io

and he could stomp on Nero, dead.

so there, 2 videos from the game with evidence enough to show Link is more then enough to defeat Nero, let alone even Dante. If you want to also the argue of biding time for Link's magic I have an item on reserve. but until then you guys have nothing against what I have posted earlier and what I post now.

ScreamPaste
Link STRUGGLES to lift that and Link does not lift it on his own, he has special items. Nero on the other hand with his own power can toss a giant demons FAR bigger than that stone, miles away.

No, he calmly cracks his knuckles, strains a bit to lift it, then tosses it hundreds of metres with out a much strain. The gauntlets are canon, you need them to beat the game, lol. they're as valid as any ability or weapon Nero gaisn through his game, K?

and lol, at larger than that stone, volume =/= weight.

The forces Link is under just lifting that rock show greater durability than Nero has tanked, it woudl be insane, the forces exterted to force somethign with that mcuh mass and weigth into motion would crush Nero.

Gumachi
Wonderful. Gumachi once again resorting to his tendency of hyping titles and exaggerating attributes from some random bit of dialog and then contradicting his exaggeration with canon feats that don't come close to backing it up.

The Devil Bringer. A gift from God? That's all good. Does it mean he has powers befitting God? Of course not. Not even close. He throws Beriel around. Great. Beriel is what... a 30 ton being at best.

Link with the gauntlets at least is an order of magnitude stronger than throwing a 30 ton class entity.

And again, the Yamato is shown to have a destructive feat of cutting through some slab of stone. That's nothing compared to what Link already shook off from Ganon's beast form.

I forgot to mention Nero can slow time. Does that mean Link can survive DB? Cutting stone from 300 feet away, it wouldn't be a problem cutting humanly flesh. Even Nero survived getting impaled.

CosmicComet
The gauntlet is canon and is required to complete the game, and Link does not 'struggle' he gets positioning then easily tosses it over his shoulder. Besides TP Link (which I suppose we aren't using anyway) was casually able to toss a what looks to be 15 foot Goran that was wearing armor. Goran's are made out of solid rock.

Gumachi
sGSzfIyWs6k&feature=related @1:22 Nero gets impaled.

ScreamPaste
Lol, Voyeur, using a composite Link is beyond all spite.

But yeah, Link can slow time too, Gumachi.

I am who I am
No, he calmly cracks his knuckles, strains a bit to lift it, then tosses it hundreds of metres with out a much strain. The gauntlets are canon, you need them to beat the game, lol. they're as valid as any ability or weapon Nero gaisn through his game, K?

and lol, at larger than that stone, volume =/= weight.

The forces Link is under just lifting that rock show greater durability than Nero has tanked, it woudl be insane, the forces exterted to force somethign with that mcuh mass and weigth into motion would crush Nero.

No, it wasn't as easy as you make it sound.

Link does not have glooves in this fight. This is a fight wit Nero, his sword and his gun vs Link, his sword and his sheild. Even if it were all out, Nero would just shoot Link in the head. Link has no feats that show he can take a shot to the head from a super gun.

Gumachi
Awww sad, but not if Nero does it first wink besides whoever stops time it will get disables.

EDIT: "After grabbing an enemy with the Devil Bringer, bust them up with this damaging throw. Throws vary according to the enemy.
Devil Buster (Devil Trigger) When the devilish power within is released, grab an enemy with the Devil Bringer to initiate an even more powerful throw.
Snatch + Send forth the Devil Bringer and grasp a distant enemy within its clutches. Large or heavy enemies cannot be pulled in. Levels 2 and 3 extend the length of the Devil Bringer. You can also use Snatch to reach breakable objects in the distance, grab objects and use them to move through the stage, and grab items such as Red Orbs, etc.
Devil Snatch + (Devil Trigger) Supernatural energy powers a Snatch that can wrap multiple enemies within its demonic grip. Large or heavy enemies cannot be pulled in.
Hell Bound + (Grim Grip or large enemy) Grab a Grim Grip to move long distances in a heartbeat. When using a Snatch against enemies that can't be pulled, a Hell bound will automatically occur.
Hold (hold) Position a captured enemy in front of you as a demon shield to ward off attacks. Enemies who cannot be snatched up are unable to be used as shields. "

Couldn't he just use Link as a shield? Or toss him up in the air throwing him around? Or just end his life like he did Savior big grin

I think Nero can perform Jackpot also idk.

I am who I am
Nero would tear Link in half wit the DB. I meant that literally.

Gumachi
Most likely. Or throw his ass out the orbit big grin

ScreamPaste

Link does not have glooves in this fight. This is a fight wit Nero, his sword and his gun vs Link, his sword and his sheild. Even if it were all out, Nero would just shoot Link in the head. Link has no feats that show he can take a shot to the head from a super gun.

..Yes he does laughing

Edit; KakashiKun made the thread, not you, he gets to lay out any rules, not you. So far as I can tell this is Dante vs Link? that usually means end game versions.

CosmicComet

Just a testament to how much the DMC debators are even paying attention. One, you aren't the one making the rules. All equipment is accessible for both unless noted otherwise.

ScreamPaste posted the vid as evidence of Link being in the center of the moon as it being destroyed from Majora exploding. Link is sent crashing back to the Earth and wakes up the next day. Keep in mind this is child Link.

Second...you guys continually seem to ignore the fact that Link shrugged off blows from Ganon's weapons in beast form. The blows of which could bring down a castle in disintegrating stone. Let alone slowly cause a stone pillar to seperate in to two pieces as Dante did with the Yamato.

Sorry, there is nothing from the Devil May Cry series in terms of pure destructive feats that Link with his superb durability can't shrug off easily, and for anything else that could harm him, there is always his Nayru's love spell. And Link's reaction time can no longer be questioned, the crack of Majora's whip breaks the sound barrier, seeing as that is a basic fact with the crack of whips anyway.

I am who I am
..Yes he does laughing laughing out loud Yes he does what?

ScreamPaste
Does have durability feats to survive a bullet, easily. His reaction time, as CC posted, is capable of easily dodging attacks at sonic speed, Nero's doomed =/

Voyeur
LINK's abilities:

Link is an exceptional swordsman. His skill with various weapons and items allows him to easily adapt and master each new tool he acquires and employ them in battles. Link shows himself to be an excellent marksman. Including but not restricted to with a Bow and Arrow, Boomerang, Slingshot, HookShot, ClawShot etc. etc.

Link is also very agile, proven as he is able to perform back-flips and somersaults with ease to dodge his enemies' attacks at the very start of his adventures.

Additionally, Link has proven to be very strong physically, as he is usually able to move heavy objects and overpower larger enemies rather easily. Along the fact his power to ride a giant Boar, and his horseback riding skills are impeccable.

In the "Oracle of Seasons", Link is shown to have at least some skills in hand-to-hand combat with the boxing mini-game and in Twilight Princess, he is taught the art of sumo wrestling by the mayor of Ordon Village; proving Link isn't completely defenseless without a weapon.

Link even uses magic in the form of spells. On several occasions he has even been able to shape shift into another form including a fairy, bunny, wolf, Deku, Goron, Zora, a Giant, and a Deity.

The Legend of Zelda
-Spin Attack: Charged or otherwise, with or with out magical energy released from it, this attack is a circular based one with critical consequence.
(side note: these attacks are also translated and relate to the other titles in which they appear. Same goes for Sword Plant, Rocket Stab, Lunge and so on)

-Ending Blow
-Shield Attack
-Back Slice
-Helm Splitter
-Mortal Draw
-Jump Strike
-Great Spin

Super Smahs Bros. Series

(side note: being able to side step and dodge Fox's laser is proof he could dodge a bullet. Lets also state that by official translation of Nintendo that Farore's wind can be used as a quick teleportation)

SoulCalibur 2

for the sake of length I have not gone to deeply into each specific Link by assuming all the basics are kept through out each one.

including his feats which include

easily hurling a 1000+ ton item

surviving a full blow radius explosion that disintegrated the moon, then landing back to earth and waking up minutes after wards.

being able to on reaction dodge a Laser blast from Star Fox's blaster and side step Whip attacks from Majora that break the Speed of Sound.

and with a various amount of items at his disposal, Link wins by far of over anything Nero has done. Besides the fact that Link is like Batman and has almost any item ready for any situation.

now stop ignoring my damn posts because you guys have no answer for them or come back to reply because I win, strictly by fact. You need to admit defeat when it's right in front of your eyes and it is okay to be wrong.

Drop your Fan Boyism down, I even speak ill of Link in a big way and still am only pointing out the hard core facts.

So there it is. Link wins, Link could easily defeat Nero or Dante, since they're like ****ing Clones, how original. And until any of you can comprise a solid list against mine to show there is a shadow of a doubt then I'll be more then happy to see it.

Point and case.

Phanteros
that video by Gumachi just made false saviour look weak, his massive fists barely dented the ground. =/ screampaste, game engine won't allow damage to be shown in semi cutscene-gameplay.

Phanteros
Does have durability feats to survive a bullet, easily. His reaction time, as CC posted, is capable of easily dodging attacks at sonic speed, Nero's doomed =/ kniow you are wanking

Gumachi
Does have durability feats to survive a bullet, easily. His reaction time, as CC posted, is capable of easily dodging attacks at sonic speed, Nero's doomed =/

So a mortal as you claim can take a bullet to the head? Yeah, right. And yeah, I know of Ganon.

Nero shoots Link in the face, Link dies, goes to HELL, suffers in damnation for eternity.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Phanteros
kniow you are wanking

Lol, you seem to have a boner for me, so I'll explain.

The sound of a whip cracking is actually the whip breaking the sound barrier, hence, it's a sonic boom, in Majora's mask, as a child without his piece of the triforce, Link easily dodges Majora'whip attacks. Majora's whips can hardly be counted as average either, they were huge and powerful, and Majora is already a being of immense power. Now, factor in basic physics. The distant end of a swung weapon will always be moving exponentially faster then the rest..

Cyner
Some of you really need to go review the Dante vs Link thread

ScreamPaste
So a mortal as you claim can take a bullet to the head? Yeah, right. And yeah, I know of Ganon.

Either way, Link is a mortal and his human body won't be able to take a bullet. Nero puts a bullet thru Link's head, Link's go to Hell and suffers for all eternity.

niow you're ignoring facts, Link has shrugged off MUCH worse than a silly bullet, lol. Link's mortal in the same sense as say.. Superman, he'll die of old age, but good luck helping him there. Also.. hell? Lol. Link's a good guy.

Gumachi
Link could easily defeat Nero or Dante, since they're like ****ing Clones.

Dante is waayyy more powerful and nonething like Nero, infact Dante was screwing around with Nero and could have killed Nero if he wanted too.

I am who I am
Just a testament to how much the DMC debators are even paying attention.

ScreamPaste posted the vid as evidence of Link being in the center of the moon as it destroyed. He is sent crashing back to the Earth and wakes up the next day. Keep in mind this is child Link.

Second...you guys continually seem to ignore the fact that Link shrugged off blows from Ganon's weapons in beast form. The blows of which could bring down a castle in disintegrating stone. Let alone slowly cause a stone pillar to seperate in to two pieces as Dante did with the Yamato.

Sorry, there is nothing from the Devil May Cry series in terms of pure destructive feats that Link with his superb durability can't shrug off easily, and for anything else that could harm him, there is always his Nayru's love spell. And Link's reaction time can no longer be questioned, the crack of Majora's whip breaks the sound barrier, seeing as that is a basic fact with the crack of whips anyway.

When is Link seen crashing back to Earth? I know the endin' just watched it now and did not see it.

Show me Link takin' punches from Ganon, the same ones that brought down the castle and disintegrated stone. Show me Ganon even doin' what you say.

Show me Link movin' faster than sound, or show me Link move fast enough to dodge bullets. Show me Link survivin' gettin' impaled, crushed or take on an army of demons.

You can't make claims wit out proof.

Gumachi
niow you're ignoring facts, Link has shrugged off MUCH worse than a silly bullet, lol. Link's mortal in the same sense as say.. Superman, he'll die of old age, but good luck helping him there. Also.. hell? Lol. Link's a good guy.

Nah.

CosmicComet

Either way, Link is a mortal and his human body won't be able to take a bullet. Nero puts a bullet thru Link's head, Link's go to Hell and suffers for all eternity.

Why does your brain work so selectively? Or are you retarded? Are you not able to read? Are you not able to comprehend?

How many times does Link's durability feats have to be stated for it to get through your remedial mind?

1. He pretty much TANKED an attack from Ganon that far surpasses the Yamato feat while Dante was weilding it.

2. He was dead CENTER of an explosion that disintegrated the moon and sent him flying and crashing back down to Earth.

Link has more pure durability than anyone in the DMC universe. Sorry. The end.

Voyeur
NO GO BACK AND READ MY DAMN POST, I won.

Cosmic and Paste, ignore them until they have proof to debunk me.

ScreamPaste
When is Link seen crashing back to Earth? I know the endin' just watched it now and did not see it.

Show me Link takin' punches from Ganon, the same ones that brought down the castle and disintegrated stone. Show me Ganon even doin' what you say.

Show me Link movin' faster than sound, or show me Link move fast enough to dodge bullets. Show me Link survivin' gettin' impaled, crushed or take on an army of demons.

the proof is in the games, lol. Where would Link go from the moon once it was gone, and why was he on the ground with his eyes closed? Wow man.

And the problem with that is so far nothing has displayed the power to impale Link, =P he's made of tougher stuff than Dante and co.

That picture I posted earlier ALONE is eough proof of durability, just holding up that stone would be enough to crush Nero into a paste.

Gumachi
LINK's abilities:

The Legend of Zelda

-Ending Blow
-Shield Attack
-Back Slice
-Helm Splitter
-Mortal Draw
-Jump Strike
-Great Spin

Super Smahs Bros. Series

SoulCalibur 2

including his feats which include

easily hurling a 1000+ ton item

surviving a full blow radius explosion that disintegrated the moon, then landing back to earth and waking up minutes after wards.

being able to on reaction dodge a Laser blast from Star Fox's blaster and side step Whip attacks from Majora that break the Speed of Sound.

and with a various amount of items at his Dante can stab someone a million times and is powerful enough to kill demons in 1 shot--nuff said. disposal, Link wins by far of over anything Nero has done. Besides the fact that Link is like Batman and has almost any item ready for any situation.

now stop ignoring my damn posts because you guys have no answer for them or come back to reply because I win, strictly by fact. You need to admit defeat when it's right in front of your eyes and it is okay to be wrong.

Drop your Fan Boyism down, I even speak ill of Link in a big way and still am only pointing out the hard core facts.

So there it is. Link wins, Link could easily defeat Nero or Dante, since they're like ****ing Clones, how original. And until any of you can comprise a solid list against mine to show there is a shadow of a doubt then I'll be more then happy to see it.

Point and case.

Dante is the most powerful being in his universe and can kill demonsin 1 shot. And can stab someone 1,000,000 times. Batman? LMAO, Dante is like Superman. Fought someone who could wipe a planet clean of life.

Dante has arrows as well. He could throw Lucifer in his face killing him by an explosion. Or just use Pandora's Form. I don't feel like bringing up Dante's abilities. But he has Dreadnought which could asorb at Link throws at him. He could also use Ultimate taking energy from Link and using it as health. And Dante is Sparda's Form which could own Link. And Dante's reaction of better than Links. Hell, even could shake /most/ of Link's attacks off with his Demonic Aura.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-464182-the-official-respect-thread-of-dante.html Dante respect thread.

Voyeur
@Gumachi
and once Dante is transformed into a bot, he can do what? be a bot and get squished.

Let me also point out that "Chateau Romani" is an item that grants Link to have unlimited amount of magic as his disposal. It never runs out, it never diminishes and once used actually replenishes his entirity of magic.

Everything you just said that Dante said is all nice and well, but we already won that thread and this match is about Nero, the weaker version of Dante pretty much.

Link is capable of all that and then some. once again, it's one thing to fight and destroy a God because you must progress plot of the game, it is another to actually be one of the gods in your own game, destroy another god and continue to live on as a legend.

ScreamPaste
Dante is the most powerful being in his universe and can kill demonsin 1 shot. And can stab someone 1,000,000 times. Batman? LMAO, Dante is like Superman. Fought someone who could wipe a planet clean of life.

Dante has arrows as well. He could throw Lucifer in his face killing him by an explosion. Or just use Pandora's Form. I don't feel like bringing up Dante's abilities. But he has Dreadnought which could asorb at Link throws at him. He could also use Ultimate taking energy from Link and using it as health. And Dante is Sparda's Form which could own Link.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-464182-the-official-respect-thread-of-dante.html Dante respect thread.

Wrong thread, none of that helps Nero and most of it wouldn't even help Dante against Link.

Alot of it is just you over hyping him. "OMG Dante is a half demon who fought Mundusand stuff" <--.. So?

CosmicComet

Are you serious? Are you not even looking at Paste's video? Link was in the moon. Moon blows up while he's in the center. Link shortly after is shown back on Earth and he's shaking his head trying to regain his composure from the impact.

Lol. It was not a punch. It was a blow from Ganon's beast form weapons.

In what way do I show you? Is there supposed to be a cutscene in which Link's timing is clocked by scientific equipment? Is that what it will take? Lmao. We told you, a whip crack breaks the sound barrier. Link has to defend himself from the blows in one way or another.

ScreamPaste
the proof is in the games, lol. Where would Link go from the moon once it was gone, and why was he on the ground with his eyes closed? Wow man.

And the problem with that is so far nothing has displayed the power to impale Link, =P he's made of tougher stuff than Dante and co.

That picture I posted earlier ALONE is eough proof of durability, just holding up that stone would be enough to crush Nero into a paste.

Gumachi
Wrong thread, none of that helps Nero and most of it wouldn't even help Dante against Link.

Alot of it is just you over hyping him. "OMG Dante is a half demon who fought Mundusand stuff" <--.. So?

Better than throwing out that Ganon bullshit.

I am who I am

Maybe he got back to earth the same way got to the moon...duh. You sayin' Link can jump to the moon? And the hilarity ensueslaughing

Show me Link's durability feats. And you don't need durability feats if you can regenerate.

That pic is not enough. Link needs his gloves. HE DOES NOT HAVE THEM IN THIS FIGHT. Even if he did, you have shown NO PROOF that Link can tank bullets to his head from a super gun. You only say he can, but you need to SHOW IT.

ScreamPaste
Better than throwing out that Ganon bullshit. The Ganon 'bullshit' was very relevant seeign as we were mentioning that Ganon > Saviour, and Ganon's the one who hit Link with giant SWORDS that disintegrated stone under his raw power.

Dante's powers do nothign for Nero, who loses this thread, until you can debunk any of our claims, which you cannot, because they're correct.

Dante loses the other thread aswell. Link 2, DMC universe, 0.

k1Lla441

1. Link needed the golden gauntlet to lift those, it wasnt his actual strenght.

2. Prove that its granite, or like it. Looks mean nothing, they never say anything about the rock in the game at all iirc.

And if you guys are correct with everything you say, then i think link could take this. And link is strong people, cc has pretty much proved it. Ganon is frfeakishly strong, and for link to even lock swords with him means he must be somewhere around that strength, and to get past links reaction time he would need to be much faster than what hes at now. i say link 7/10. Only real way nero could win is if he used devil bringer to crush him, which if screampaste was right about that block (which hell need to give me a good reply to my above #2) and its weight, then link wins. But if he does not prove that block to be granite or somewhat similar to it by PROOF, then i would make it a little closer at 6/10 link.

ScreamPaste
Maybe he got back to earth the same way got to the moon...duh. You sayin' Link can jump to the moon? And the hilarity ensueslaughing

Show me Link's durability feats. And you don't need durability feats if you can regenerate.

That pic is not enough. Link needs his gloves. HE DOES NOT HAVE THEM IN THIS FIGHT. Even if he did, you have shown NO PROOF that Link can tank bullets to his head from a super gun. You only say he can, but you need to SHOW IT.

UNTIL THE OP SAYS OTHERWISE, YES HE DOES, DO HEART CAPS.

And I have shown it, he holds up that rock, no gun exerts the amount of force that stone does. Link throws it, lemme explan more physics to you!

For every action there is an equal reaction, for Link to throw the stone the stone has to push back on him just as hard, how much force does it take to throw a 1000+ton stone hundreds of metres? The gloves don't boost his durability, so even without them, he tanks that much forc,e **** a silly gun.

and when has Link een shot by a gun? You want a video that doesn';t exist.

CosmicComet
I like Gumachi's clever attempt at wording things to be more impressive than they are. lol.

'Fought someone who wipe a planet clean of life'.

Really? Well considering that 99.99999% of beings in the DMC universe aren't half demons fathered by a great Demon Soldier in Sparda is this supposed to be impressive? Mundus was trying to take over the world, that was his ultimate objective.

Forget such a modest goal, Majora was about to DESTROY the world if Link didn't effectively turn back time each time before it happens.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by k1Lla441
1. Link needed the golden gauntlet to lift those, it wasnt his actual strenght.

2. Prove that its granite, or like it. Looks means nothing, they never say anything about the rock in the game at all iirc.

Firstly, it's colour and pattern are most consitant with Granite, black granite, which is a very common rock formation used in construction, infact it almost has to be because the only other types of rock to share that colour are volcanic and have very low structural integrity. The measurements I posted didn't even factor in black granite, I used the ligther white granite and only measured the weight of the visible section of the pillar, just to be conservative, I also made sure to err in the favour of "smaller" when I estimated the rock's size. Everythign there is not only legit, but conservative.

Voyeur

it is obviously shown that he falls since he has to WAKE UP from being on the ground. If he did the simple trick of just being hovered back down he already would of been awake.

obvious point is obvious.

first off you keep saying Link is Human. Link is Hylian. And for all we know the Hyrule race have above advantages of physical prowess over ourselves. So stop comparing them to our human selves.

And your argument that Dante defeated a God, while not being a God himself, is petty. Link is a GOD, Link defeated a God (Ganondorf).

Let's define the word God though:
(lowercase) one of several deities, esp. a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.

So with that said, Link presides over the affair of Life.

Gumachi you're confusing being stabbed, impaled, crucified, thrusted, lunged, etc etc alternate words for being physically penetrated by a sword, with the fact we're taking about alternate dimensional speed on a scale outside of the law of possible physics (i.e. teleporation) in itself which is a tear in time and space and with those applied to Link's shown strength thanks to ScreamPaste....

it would TEAR, rip a new worm hole sort of speak, in which Dante would be sliced at it's birth peak.

EDIT: you can't regenerate lost matter. Molecules and atoms exist and continue to exist and recycle so long as they are on our plane of existance. But if something is built and sent to space, those particles no longer are apart of our world.

The same goes for if Dante or Nero was cut at such extreme conditions the flesh, muscle, bone and organ that was wounded's own sub-atomic structure would be sent to out of reach for him to regenerate what was lost.

side note: I'm sick of winning and repeating myself. Read what I type the first time around THOROUGHLY!
Everything we've been posting, Scream, Cosmic and myself are facts and evidence from the game titles.

you guys are spouting off all this nonsense your characters can do aside from the few videos we already debunked as weak.

Gumachi
I like Gumachi's clever attempt at wording things to be more impressive than they are. lol.

'Fought someone who wipe a planet clean of life'.

Really? Well considering that 99.99999% of beings in the DMC universe aren't half demons fathered by a great Demon Soldier in Sparda is this supposed to be impressive? Mundus was trying to take over the world, that was his ultimate objective.

Forget such a modest goal, Majora was about to DESTROY the world if Link didn't effectively turn back time each time before it happens.

Technially, he did. Look at the Dante vs Superman thread.

Your Point? Actually he conquered it. And where do you get: "Fathered by Sparda?" from?

So? Savior, Arius, Mundus, and Argosax ALL could have DESTROYED THE WORLD as well, if Dante didn't STOP them, and no he didn't have to go back in time.

I am who I am
Are you serious? Are you not even looking at Paste's video? Link was in the moon. Moon blows up while he's in the center. Link shortly after is shown back on Earth and he's shaking his head trying to regain his composure from the impact

Lol. It was not a punch. It was a blow from Ganon's beast form weapons.

In what way do I show you? Is there supposed to be a cutscene in which Link's timing is clocked by scientific equipment? Is that what it will take? Lmao. We told you, a whip crack breaks the sound barrier. Link has to defend himself from the blows in one way or another. . SHOW ME Link fallin' from the moon. Maybe Link was shakin' his head cuz of battle he had just had...duh. Link wasn't even lyin' in a crater. Say what you want but until you prove it, it's meanin'less

You know what the hell I mean and some of you did say PUNCH, I can show you.

Show me the whip movin' faster than sound, then show me Link dodgin' it. laughing YOU CANT JUST SAY THIS WITH NO PROOF. If I can easily see the whip move and see Link dodgin' it then it aint faster than sound. Unless you gonna say time was slowed, but then you gonna have to prove that too. laughing out loudOriginally posted by Voyeur
it is obviously shown that he falls since he has to WAKE UP from being on the ground. If he did the simple trick of just being hovered back down he already would of been awake.

obvious point is obvious. No it's not obvious. Link coulda hovered back down and then passed out cuz of the intense battle he just had. Then they show him wake up.

He wasn't even in a crater, that proves he didn't fall.

CosmicComet

Lol you sure are reaching. laughing

That is the most pathetic explanation I've heard thus far.

There is no need for you to strain yourself looking for a cop out. It's all there...Link was lying on the ground and then he comes to and his head is clearly hurting by his reaction. What do you think happened?

I also like the fact that you don't seem to be questioning the explosion bit of it anymore since it is undeniable. Trying to reason that maybe Link didn't crash back in to the Earth as a consolation prize that is rather totally meaningless here wouldn't you say? Seeing as Link the more impressive half of the durability feat (surviving the explosion) is left in tact?

And pure durability is nice regardless of regeneration. Especially when that regeneration is limited and can be overwhelmed as is the case with Dante and crew.

Move along boy. You're wasting my time with your tripe posts.

ScreamPaste
SHOW ME Link fallin' from the moon. Maybe Link was shakin' his head cuz of battle he had just had...duh. Link wasn't even lyin' in a crater. Say what you want but until you prove it, it's meanin'less

You know what the hell I mean and some of you did say PUNCH, I can show you.

Show me the whip movin' faster than sound, then show me Link dodgin' it. laughing YOU CANT JUST SAY THIS WITH NO PROOF. If I can easily see the whip move and see Link dodgin' it then it aint faster than sound. Unless you gonna say time was slowed, but then you gonna have to prove that too. laughing out loud

wow, you are TOO dense, any time a whip cracks it breaks the sound barrier, that is fact, indisputable. and you play as LINK who can obviously react to such things and jump out of the way of these very long, very powerful, magicly enhanced super whips weilded by Majora who was about to destroy the world.

Further more, common sense dictates that if you have a twenty foot or longer whip, and you swing the end you're holding, the far end is travellign EXPONENTIALLY faster.

Link's reaction time is easily sonic.

Gumachi
Can't Nero just pick Link up with his DB and crush ALL of Link's bones? And no, don't say: "LINK SURVIVES THAT. "

ScreamPaste
Can't Nero just pick Link up with his DB and crush ALL of Link's bones? And no, don't say: "LINK SURVIVES THAT. "

Show me a strength feat to prove it can even hurt Link. Imo, Link picks up a rock or a baseball, maybe an apple, throws it at Nero and takes the boy's head clean off.

CosmicComet

No.

Seeing as Link's bones have taken much worse than any destructibility feats demonstrated in DMC.

Voyeur
Link casts Spell.

Nero is now a Bot

He is only capable of doing what a Bot can do.

Explain how you could escape this? Because frankly you haven't and he would simply be squished into a nothing left but jelly based residue.

Even the man of Steel, Superman is weak and vulnerable to magic
(don't get me started on comics, I W I N )

the fact I have probably played more Zelda titles then you shows my extensive knowledge over you in what Link is actually capable of and he indeed has this power. So...

good day to you sirs.

WaffleZ

Assuming Nero can pick up Link without getting hacked, bombed, chopped, smacked, arrowed and *insert violent action here*'d to death.

Don't make these kinds of debates as simple as "he can do this, so he wins".

And yes, Link DOES survive that. Link can fall into pits of lava, be disintegrated by it, or be crushed by a falling ceiling and simply wake up at the entrance minus a quarter of a heart.

I am who I am
UNTIL THE OP SAYS OTHERWISE, YES HE DOES, DO HEART CAPS.

And I have shown it, he holds up that rock, no gun exerts the amount of force that stone does. Link throws it, lemme explan more physics to you!

For every action there is an equal reaction, for Link to throw the stone the stone has to push back on him just as hard, how much force does it take to throw a 1000+ton stone hundreds of metres? The gloves don't boost his durability, so even without them, he tanks that much forc,e **** a silly gun.

and when has Link een shot by a gun? You want a video that doesn';t exist.
Until you can prove that's what happened then you wrong.

That proves strength from GLOVES HE DOESN'T HAVE IN THIS FIGHT. Not durability.

SHOW me Link dodgin' ANYTHING that moves a fast as bullets.

Voyeur

you didn't make this thread.
Link is ABLE TO HAVE ALL HIS ITEMS ALL HIS ABILITIES.

until stated otherwise, in which I'll pull out an ace from the sleeve where there is a universe where one Link exists from OoT on to TP actually deciding with path I want to go into.

If you're going to make it about what items a person can and can not have because they're obtained in the game, then that would mean Nero can't have any of his items. Guns, sword, w/e and now they must fight in hand to hand combat with there Spells alone.

in which Link takes it....

see how asinine that would sound?...thanks...

CosmicComet

So? Savior, Arius, Mundus, and Argosax ALL could have DESTROYED THE WORLD as well, if Dante didn't STOP them, and no he didn't have to go back in time.

Lol. Destroy the world in what sense? As in rid of all life, yeah sure.
Oh, my apologies, you mean blow it up?

Sorry, they have absolutely NOTHING that even puts them close to planet busting level.

I remember some specific words from Dante during his final confrontation with Mundus in the sewers that starts crumbling the castle:

Mundus: You aren't getting away, this is where you will die.

Dante: I'm not going anywhere, besides, there is nowhere to go. This will be your burial ground as well.

WaffleZ

You people... You hear about a gun in a fight and you automatically come to think that "gun wins".

In reality, yes. But consider the video game world. Link has had to put up with a lot worse than a stupid chunk of metal flying at him. It might just be me, but I'd rather be shot than be crushed by a volcanic boulder or disintegrated in a pit of lava, feats which Link has survived in OoT, and there's much worse he's endured in other titles.

Guns don't mean an auto-win in the video-game world as much as you'd like to believe so. That guy with the gun in Advent Children did little else other than make Cloud wave his sword around.

Link gets hit by bullet, Link survives and mutters "ow". That's assuming he didn't just shield it or bat it away with his sword to begin with.

And proof? Until someone makes a true-to-the-very-last-detail video of Link vs Nero, there is no proof of anything, not for our side nor any for your side so don't go on and on about proof, we're here to debate because there IS no proof. State your arguments, counter-arguments and prove them to the best of your ability. That's what this entire thread is about.

I am who I am
Lol you sure are reaching. laughing

That is the most pathetic explanation I've heard thus far.

There is no need for you to strain yourself looking for a cop out. It's all there...Link was lying on the ground and then he comes to and his head is clearly hurting by his reaction. What do you think happened?

I also like the fact that you don't seem to be questioning the explosion bit of it anymore since it is undeniable. Trying to reason that maybe Link didn't crash back in to the Earth as a consolation prize that is rather totally meaningless here wouldn't you say? Seeing as Link the more impressive half of the durability feat (surviving the explosion) is left in tact?

And pure durability is nice regardless of regeneration. Especially when that regeneration is limited and can be overwhelmed as is the case with Dante and crew.

Move along boy. You're wasting my time with your tripe posts. laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud No. YOUR reachin', at least what I said makes sense. I'm not talkin' 'bout the explosion cuz it is excruciatingly obvious that he made it out before the explosion laughing

"Especially when that regeneration is limited and can be overwhelmed as is the case with Dante and crew."
PROVE IT.

I think I'm gonna put you on my ignore list cuz it's obvious your a fanboi who doesn't know what the hell he's talkin about. Your post are so ridiculous that I can't even look at'em any more.

Gumachi
Lol. Destroy the world in what sense? As in rid of all life, yeah sure.
Oh, my apologies, you mean blow it up?

Sorry, they have absolutely NOTHING that even puts them close to planet busting level.

I remember some specific words from Dante during his final confrontation with Mundus in the sewers that starts crumbling the castle:

Mundus: You aren't getting away, this is where you will die.

Dante: I'm not going anywhere, besides, there is nowhere to go. This will be your burial ground as well.

Kinda.

IDK, if they can planet bust. But as far as I know, Despair could wipe out an planet clean of life.

Gumachi
Originally posted by WaffleZ
Assuming Nero can pick up Link without getting hacked, bombed, chopped, smacked, arrowed and *insert violent action here*'d to death.

Don't make these kinds of debates as simple as "he can do this, so he wins".

And yes, Link DOES survive that. Link can fall into pits of lava, be disintegrated by it, or be crushed by a falling ceiling and simply wake up at the entrance minus a quarter of a heart.

Getting burned has nonething to do with getting your bones broken fool.

CosmicComet
Oh more of that 'abstract being' stuff such Despair.

So abstract that he has a physical form that can be destroyed. lol.

Are we going to call Mundus an abstract being since initially he was only known as three red dots in the sky? lol.

Gumachi
No.

Seeing as Link's bones have taken much worse than any destructibility feats demonstrated in DMC.

As I mean; He breaks ALL of Link's bones and including his skull and tosses his ass up in the air. I could easily say: Dante took far worser things that has been demonstrated in Link's word, does that mean Dante can survive that is throwed at him?

I am who I am
Originally posted by WaffleZ

Link gets hit by bullet, Link survives and mutters "ow". That's assuming he didn't just shield it or bat it away with his sword to begin with.
Prove it...

Show me Link gettin' hit wit anything like a demon bullets from a demon gun. Blue Rose is not a regular gun.

Gumachi
Oh more of that 'abstract being' stuff such Despair.

So abstract that he has a physical form that can be destroyed. lol.

Are we going to call Mundus an abstract being since initially he was only known as three red dots in the sky? lol.

Didnt' Ganon get beat by a mortal?

Voyeur
Link casts Spell.

Nero is now a Bot

Explain how you could escape this? Because frankly you haven't and he would simply be squished into a nothing left but jelly based residue.

the fact I have probably played more Zelda titles then you shows my extensive knowledge over you in what Link is actually capable of and he indeed has this power. So...

good day to you sirs.

ScreamPaste
laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud No. YOUR reachin', at least what I said makes sense. I'm not talkin' 'bout the explosion cuz it is excruciatingly obvious that he made it out before the explosion laughing

"Especially when that regeneration is limited and can be overwhelmed as is the case with Dante and crew."
PROVE IT.

I think I'm gonna put you on my ignore list cuz it's obvious your a fanboi who doesn't know what the hell he's talkin about. Your post are so ridiculous that I can't even look at'em any more.

..you must be trolling, we post scientific proof, we post canon proof, we do freaking complex MATH in our proof, and you think we have no proof? You, sir, are the blidn fanboy, not CC, not me, and not anyone else. (Cept maybe gumachi.)

ScreamPaste
As I mean; He breaks ALL of Link's bones and including his skull and tosses his ass up in the air. I could easily say: Dante took far worser things that has been demonstrated in Link's word, does that mean Dante can survive that is throwed at him?

So far it doesn'took like Nero has the strength to do anythign close to that.

WaffleZ
Prove it...

Show me Link gettin' hit wit anything like a demon bullets from a demon gun. Blue Rose is not a regular gun.

I seriously just gave up on humanity.

*Headdesk*

I am who I am
Geuss you can't prove it. Oh well.

Gumachi
So far it doesn'took like Nero has the strength to do anythign close to that.

He could crush him like he did Savior

WaffleZ
Getting burned has nonething to do with getting your bones broken fool.

Don't call me a fool when you're saying having your entire body disintegrated isn't as traumatic as having your bones broken. Don't make this a personal attack, you've still yet to disprove the overwhelming amount of facts thrown at you by the Pro-Link side.

I am who I am
..you must be trolling, we post scientific proof, we post canon proof, we do freaking complex MATH in our proof, and you think we have no proof? You, sir, are the blidn fanboy, not CC, not me, and not anyone else. (Cept maybe gumachi.) You haven't done any of that. I'm a fanboi, yet I stated in another thread that Ganon would beat Dante. You sir are ridiculous, you AND your socks. I'm bein a troll cuz I asked you to prove what you say. Stop bein' a baby and put up, or shut up.

Gumachi
Like I said: Getting burned has nonething to do with getting your bones broken. Humans can survive getting burned what's your point? And humans RARELY survive getting their neck broke. And I was actually saying "fool" in a "funny way" lol.

ScreamPaste
You haven't done any of that. I'm a fanboi, yet I stated in another thread that Ganon would beat Dante. You sir are ridiculous, you AND your socks. I'm bein a troll cuz I asked you to prove what you say. Stop bein' a baby and put up, or shut up. Go read our posts, lol. I xplaiend physics, how a whip works, ect. I explained "every action has an equal reaction", we posted a video showing Link in the moon while it is destroyed, how would he get out?

and socks? LOL. We're all seperate people <3

CosmicComet
laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud No. YOUR reachin', at least what I said makes sense. I'm not talkin' 'bout the explosion cuz it is excruciatingly obvious that he made it out before the explosion laughing

PROVE IT.

Reaching is what you are doing, when you are trying to find a different explanation for something that is made obvious by the facts already.

Link was in the dead center in Majora's chamber as he was blowing up. He did NOT escape until we have details otherwise. Where do we see him go? Nowhere. He had no means of escaping a point blank explosion on the level of a moon. Ergo the scenario I explained, the scenario that is actually IN the game is the correct one.

Your explanation that he did not land back on Earth is a completely asinine one. "there was no crater"....What? You are claiming a possible artistic slip up with game assets as evidence?

Fact: Link was shaking his head as one would after a concussive blow after a trail was shown from the explosion to where he landed.

As for limited regeneration? How many times must I post about it over and over and over again?

Dante hasn't shown plain out invulnerability like Link has. Dante isn't as thick skinned as Link, and his longevity is due to his regeneration. He has been hurt greatly at several points. His regeneration isn't insurmountable in the least....the limitation of it being possible to overwhelm with frequent attacks or powerful one shots has been demonstrated. (of the course the weapon in question has to be strong in the first place, not grunt weapons.)

It has a direct tie to his stamina.

Dante was breathing heavily after Vergil impaled him once with the Yamato and then once again with Dante's own sword. He promptly fainted after the encounter.

Dante took nearly a minute to recover completely from Alastor impaling him simply ONCE. He was visibly and audibly hurt from the blow.

Dante was reaching his limits in the fight against Mundus, which Mundus gloated about. Dante was breathing heavily and was desperately muttering to himself before Trish came with the save and gave her powers to him.

If ignoring me is easier than refuting my posts then please take that route. Your posts are too fallacious as it is for my liking. Lol. Run along chump.

I am who I am
you didn't make this thread.
Link is ABLE TO HAVE ALL HIS ITEMS ALL HIS ABILITIES.

until stated otherwise, in which I'll pull out an ace from the sleeve where there is a universe where one Link exists from OoT on to TP actually deciding with path I want to go into.

If you're going to make it about what items a person can and can not have because they're obtained in the game, then that would mean Nero can't have any of his items. Guns, sword, w/e and now they must fight in hand to hand combat with there Spells alone.

in which Link takes it....

see how asinine that would sound?...thanks... Lol, You didn't make the thread either.

I can tell that you have never played DMC 4. Nero has 1 gun and 1 sword through out the entire game, in which he has at the start of the game. Nero has no other guns or swords.

I assume this is a fight wit Nero wit his sword and gun VS Link wit his shield and Master Sword.

WaffleZ
Like I said: Getting burned has nonething to do with getting your bones broken. Humans can survive getting burned what's your point? And humans RARELY survive getting their neck broke. And I was actually saying "fool" in a "funny way" lol.

Lava turning you into ashes =/= owies you get from playing with a lighter.

If you know of a man who survived falling into lava, you'll have to get his autograph for me.

Voyeur
Geuss you can't prove it. Oh well.

funny, I guess you can't either.

Link casts Spell.

Nero is now a Bot

good day to you sirs.

Gumachi
Vergil was the ONLY one to have him breathing. At the high rate of speed they were going. You also forgot this was Dante at his weakest, Dante got slashed another time and was fine. And he fainted because of him gaining his DT. He got impaled by his own sword and was fine.

Proof?

Reaching limits with Mundus? No just no. I played that level 100s of times and I never heard him "heavy breathing" I wouldn't call it "save. "

ScreamPaste

Link casts Spell.

Nero is now a Bot

good day to you sirs.

So much win in one post is priceless.

Gumachi
NVM.

ScreamPaste
LOL! Omg, he actually got one, Gumachi, that was win. xD

Edit: he erased the link =[

I am who I am
Go read our posts, lol. I xplaiend physics, how a whip works, ect. I explained "every action has an equal reaction", we posted a video showing Link in the moon while it is destroyed, how would he get out?

and socks? LOL. We're all seperate people <3
But that's not how whips work, I have seen REAL people dodge whips.
Link is not that strong, he uses gloves that he doesn't have in this fight. You posted a vid of the moon not blowin' up but breakin and disappearin' then showed Link wake up. Then made the ridiculous assumption that Link not only survived the moon breakin' apart but then sayin' he fell from space. That's not proof. Proof can not be disputed, proof is fact.

ScreamPaste
They didn't dodge, they were missed, lol. Google it.

In theory I've seen real people 'dodge' gun fire, they merely avoided a poorly placed shot, usually by diving or taking cover.

Majora's beyond super human and Link not only reacts within that time, but actively avoids it with purpose.

I am who I am

Link casts Spell.

Nero is now a Bot

good day to you sirs. What, how retarded.

Nero shoots Link in the head before Link can even start to do anything.

You claim you have played more Zelda titles than me wit out even knowin' me. That's a dumb thing to do. I happen to be an avid Zelda fan. How foolish.

I'm pretty much done arguin'. I'll let someone else handle you dorks.

CosmicComet
Vergil was the ONLY one to have him breathing. At the high rate of speed they were going. You also forgot this was Dante at his weakest, Dante got slashed another time and was fine. And he fainted because of him gaining his DT. He got impaled by his own sword and was fine.

Proof?

Reaching limits with Mundus? No just no. I played that level 100s of times and I never heard him "heavy breathing" I wouldn't call it "save. "

Mundus had him breathing heavy as hell. The speed of the fight wasn't why Dante was breathing hard against Vergil. It was the two impalements. One from Yamato and one from Rebellion. And he fainted after the encounter.

It was Dante at his weakest but there is NOTHING to suggest that his regeneration got any better. Dante was hurt by the Alastor impaling him as well and that was Dante as a late 20 year old man. Dante took almost a minute to recover from that impalement, and canonically the Alastor isn't as powerful as the Yamato and Dante STILL didn't recover that much faster from the Alastor impalement. This only goes to show that his regeneration ability is roughly the same. Obviously he got physically stronger though.

And you've played that level hundreds of times and still don't even remember? lol. Talk about a selective memory. Fanboys have as such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7dpgpFxcz0

^Dante acknowleding that it was a fight to the death and that he would take Mundus down with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMtNMt6wegE&feature=related

^Mundus gloating that Dante was getting weaker. Dante breathing heavily and muttering to himself acknowledging that he was reaching his limits while Mundus was still strong.

ScreamPaste
@ IAWIA Then you'd know that in Zelda II Link gains such an insane instant win power, and also that a bullet won't kill Link.

Voyeur
What, how retarded.

Nero shoots Link in the head before Link can even start to do anything.

You claim you have played more Zelda titles than me wit out even knowin' me. That's a dumb thing to do. I happen to be an avid Zelda fan. How foolish.

if what you say is true you should know this is an instant cast spell with a large array of AOE.

Link can just dodge the bullet while also casting it if need be but it isn't.

what you need to understand is, Nero has no knowledge of what Link is capable of and visa versa to be fair.

So lets say upon seeing each other they are enemies, Nero fires, Link side steps, the magic of "Spell" is cast and now Nero my dear sir is a Bot.

Gumachi
Mundus had him breathing heavy as hell. The speed of the fight wasn't why Dante was breathing hard against Vergil. It was the two impalements. One from Yamato and one from Rebellion. And he fainted after the encounter.

It was Dante at his weakest but there is NOTHING to suggest that his regeneration got any better. Dante was hurt by the Alastor impaling him as well and that was Dante as a late 20 year old man. Dante took almost a minute to recover from that impalement, and canonically the Alastor isn't as powerful as the Yamato and Dante STILL didn't recover that much faster from the Alastor impalement. This only goes to show that his regeneration ability is roughly the same. Obviously he got physically stronger though.

And you've played that level hundreds of times and still don't even remember? lol. Talk about a selective memory. Fanboys have as such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7dpgpFxcz0

^Dante acknowleding that it was a fight to the death and that he would take Mundus down with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMtNMt6wegE&feature=related

^Mundus gloating that Dante was getting weaker. Dante breathing heavily and muttering to himself acknowledging that he was reaching his limits while Mundus was still strong.

And he got up, he could have been messing with Vergil. The wound was gone at that.

He wasn't heavy breathing as you make it out. Dante has been hurt by 3 things, Capcom themselves said it. Same? Nah. And Canoncially, Dante can be only killed one way.

CosmicComet

And he got up, he could have been messing with Vergil. The wound was gone at that.

He wasn't heavy breathing as you make it out. Dante has been hurt by 3 things, Capcom themselves said it. Same? Nah. And Canoncially, Dante can be only killed one way.

Playing with Vergil?....LMAO. He was out cold and he was bleeding even further once he was unconcious. He was a sitting duck and could have been finished if they were to continue.

Your point on the intensity of the breathing is irrelevant as Mundus was the one gloating and Dante was the one panting in desperation. Face it.
Dante knew it was going to be a fight to the death and he was prepared to die just to take Mundus out with him. Then he realized that he couldn't do it, that he was reaching his limits while Mundus was still going strong. This whole struggle...all this...was only making some walls crumble. lol.

Sorry, I got the verification on my side of the tale, thrice as far as Dante's regeneration having limits, his regeneration not increasing with age, and destructive feats overall being limited on the DMC side.

Gumachi
Messing as in: not-getting-up-but-he-could-have.

Reached his limits? Proof?

CosmicComet
Messing as in: not-getting-up-but-he-could-have.

Reached his limits? Proof?

1. No. You think Dante was written to know that we would be debating about him? "I think I'll just lay here and let the KMC guys think I'm out" lol. He was in a pool of his own blood, and that pool was getting bigger. He was out.
No fallacious interpretations please.

2. Proof? As in the video I posted? Dante getting tired = reaching his limits. When else have you seen him struggle in DMC 1? When else did he need to be infused with power from Trish to win? Exactly.

Gumachi
And the wound was gone, he got impaled by Trish and was fine.

How do you know? Where does it say this He technially killed Mundus in the DMC2 Novel--w/o Sparda's Sword. Link needed Master Sword to beat Ganon...your point?

ScreamPaste

How do you know? Where does it say this He technially killed Mundus in the DMC2 Novel--w/o Sparda's Sword. Link needed Master Sword to beat Ganon...your point?

this = totally irrelevant. Ganon>Mundus anyway.

CosmicComet
And the wound was gone, he got impaled by Trish and was fine.

How do you know? Where does it say this?

Are you dense? Obviously he slowly recovered since he was left alone. He was near death and could have been finished however. Trish impaling him with the Force Edge, Dante's weakest default sword, hurt him as well. Again what is your point? We all KNOW he has regeneration. I've demonstrated that it has it's limits.

How do I know? Probably because the video showed as much? What are you being dense about? Dante was prepared to fight to the death in a collapsing castle, He said this himself. He realized that he probably wouldn't survive the battle but figured he could take Mundus out with him. He was wrong. Mundus had the advantage while Dante was steadily weakening from the struggle. End.

Gumachi
Capcom THEMSELVES SAID ONLY 3 THINGS HURT DANTE. STOP MAKING UP BULLSHIT. He got cut by Yamato with his 2nd encounter and was fine.

Not really.
Dante's taken incinerating blasts of Holy energy, gunfire, hellfire, slashes, cuts, smashes, trampling and Devil magics (just to name a few injuries) and the only times he's even been hurt is when A) Mundus impales his chest several times with Nether Spikes in DMC1, B) when he's impaled through the heart by Rebellion in the DMC anime, and C) when Vergil stabs him through the heart with Rebellion in DMC3.

Voyeur
leave things strictly to the Games. This is of course restricted to but not limited the literal translation of what feats and proper physics, and sciences can be shown to make it more comprehnsive.

if you bring up anime and mangas you're going to make your posts null and void and easily debunked since they don't follow guide lines.

side note: there is a LoZ manga series where Link pulls off impressive shit but there is no point in me bring that up because I've already posted how Link won this.

ps: I've actually seen the entire DMC anime. He didn't do much in it AND THIS IS AGAINST NERO, not dante. Though they're pretty much the same, Nero being weaker, so might as well just have us beat Dante. proving we can destroy Nero.

CosmicComet
The proof is the video of the encounter. My god.

He was grunting in pain. Yes, he recovered. That's not the ****ing point.

What are these three things again? One of them being Devil Arms yes? You know why they they hurt him? The explanation is simple. They are powerful enough to hurt him. The feats those devil arms demonstrate tell us what it takes to hurt Dante, claiming that nothing else can hurt him because it doesn't have a specific moniker is incorrect as there are demonstrations otherwise.

You do remember that him and Trish had to escape Mallet island right? Do you know why? It was crumbling. If they stayed the castle falling on them would have killed them. Not to mention the island exploding. Now, I'm sure you'll find that Capcom didn't specifically list 'exploding islands' on their list of things that can 'hurt' Dante but if you mistake this for meaning that its a negative then you are basically committing a no limits fallacy. EG: saying "Dante can recover from an explosion that destroys a house, ergo he can survive an island exploding." lol. (not to rub it in again but Link survived in the center of an exploding moon. wink )

Overall there is no 'three things' that can hurt Dante by your own post. It all falls under one umbrella condition. They have to be powerful enough to hurt him.

Gumachi
Capcom said it you can't deny, they hurt him because there demonic arms, the only way to kill Dante is by ripping out his heart. Moon? Proof?

ScreamPaste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeVbMiqVuV0

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>