Gouken runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
The Grandmaster of the non-lethal style of Ansatsuken is prepared to run a gauntlet match. And everyone is just as curious to see just how good Ryu and Ken's master really is.

1. Terry Bogard
2. Takuma Sakazaki (as Mr. Karate)
3. Geese Howard
4. Kyo Kusanagi
5. Kazuya Mishima
6. Jin Kazama
7. Paul Phoenix
8. Ryu Hayabusa
9. Kasumi
10. Ayane

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
The Grandmaster of the non-lethal style of Ansatsuken is prepared to run a gauntlet match. And everyone is just as curious to see just how good Ryu and Ken's master really is.

1. Terry Bogard
2. Takuma Sakazaki (as Mr. Karate)
3. Geese Howard
4. Kyo Kusanagi
5. Kazuya Mishima
6. Jin Kazama
7. Paul Phoenix
8. Ryu Hayabusa
9. Kasumi
10. Ayane

IMO he is in the same tier as Gouki, but that doesn't mean I'm going to automatically grant him Gouki's feats/stats.

I honestly don't know. He ain't getting rest in this gauntlet so...ugh I dunno.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Zack Fair
IMO he is in the same tier as Gouki, but that doesn't mean I'm going to automatically grant him Gouki's feats/stats.

I honestly don't know. He ain't getting rest in this gauntlet so...ugh I dunno.

Gauntlet's under SFIV rules. He starts off at 100 percent each match. Forgot to add that there.

I am who I am
If it's the NG version of Hayabusa, he goes down at him. If not, he clears. Gouken can take a hit but I don't see'im takin' a Dragon Sword.

Darkstorm Zero
Hmm... Thats wierd, A few days ago, your one of those pople who only go by feats, Gouken is absolutely featless besides taking a Raging Demon, and probably defeating Ryu... Outside of that, he's done nothing but get spanked.

On the otherhand, I echo your sentiments here and say that Gouken probably clears anything in the Gauntlet providing it's only DOA Ryu and not NG Ryu

I am who I am
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Hmm... Thats wierd, A few days ago, your one of those pople who only go by feats, Gouken is absolutely featless besides taking a Raging Demon, and probably defeating Ryu... Outside of that, he's done nothing but get spanked.

On the otherhand, I echo your sentiments here and say that Gouken probably clears anything in the Gauntlet providing it's only DOA Ryu and not NG Ryu There you go again, startin' shit wit me. But it's okay.

Gouken took an SGS, Punched the water off a waterfall, and fought toe to toe wit Akuma, of all people, inside a volcano. That's pretty good to me.

Darkstorm Zero
I ain't starting nothing, just drawing a comparison...

Never heard of the waterfall feat before, and the fighting Akuma in a volcano thing is non canon...

Zack Fair
I ain't starting nothing, just drawing a comparison...

Never heard of the waterfall feat before, and the fighting Akuma in a volcano thing is non canon...

He is talking about the end of that animated short of Ryu vs Akuma promoting SF4.

Zack Fair
Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfxVKlRUjJg

StyleTime
Where do you guys believe he'd stop going by feats?

I am who I am
What?Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
and the fighting Akuma in a volcano thing is non canon... How do you know that?

Snafu the Great
DOA Ryu is being used.

ThunderGodEneru
What in the hell makes DOA Ryu different than NG Ryu?

Hell, if anything, DOA Ryu is STRONGER considering he is an older, more experienced Ryu.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
What in the hell makes DOA Ryu different than NG Ryu?

Hell, if anything, DOA Ryu is STRONGER considering he is an older, more experienced Ryu.

The fact he is not using his weapons?

But I agree with DOA Hayabusa being stronger and more experienced.

Zack Fair
Well he could use the Dragon Sword and stuff if he felt like it, but I doubt he would dishonor himself like that.

But ugh...hell if I know.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by I am who I am
What? How do you know that?

Because it was an opening cinematic, it's as official as the Street Fighter Alpha 3 opening. You have to prove those events actually took place.

I am who I am
Because it was an opening cinematic, it's as official as the Street Fighter Alpha 3 opening. You have to prove those events actually took place. But the SFA3 openin' didn't have any fightin'.

Why would Capcom make a guy who can destroy battle ships, and blow islands to itty bitty pieces wit his limbs, wit'out usin' all his strength fight some one equal to him in a Volcano, if he could not survive in a volcano?

Darkstorm Zero
it's still no different than using his Meteor crush feat in a debate, why put it up if he can't do it? Simply put, he never actually DID it.

I am who I am
it's still no different than using his Meteor crush feat in a debate, why put it up if he can't do it? Simply put, he never actually DID it. SFIV is canon. CFE was not. Akuma was amped in CFE, he is the boss over Pyron, lol. He was not amped in SFIV, was he?

Darkstorm Zero
No, but the standard still applies, feats performed within the story surpass everything else. feats we see but havn't actually happened within the story get lesser consideration.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by StyleTime
Where do you guys believe he'd stop going by feats?

Hard to say.

These are Gouken's feats

1. Surviving Shungokusatsu(though he was KO/comatose for a long time and it is irrelevant in this matchup)
2. Beating Gouki before he went Satsui No Hado(we don't know how strong Gouki was back then)
3. Defeating Ryu in SF4 and sealing off his Satsui No Hadou(if his ending is canon)

Only quantifiable feat for this would be the 3rd one...and I hesitate about it because of the A>B>C logic.

I am who I am
Yea, I wouldn't use A>B>C logic. That type of stuff only works in fights wit characters from the same universe.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by I am who I am
Yea, I wouldn't use A>B>C logic. That type of stuff only works in fights wit characters from the same universe.

Wouldn't use ABC logic anywhere, unless there is a really huge power gap.

If Ryu's just curious, and not fighting to kill, Gouken clears it. I highly doubt Ryu would use a weapon against Gouken. He's pretty much the only one on the list actually capable of stopping somone who's around as powerful as Gouki.
Though the MUGEN character Master Geese stops Gouken stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.