Doctor Manhattan vs Superman, Thor, Hal Jordan and Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

Naija boy
Surfer soloes.

Mindset

Slaanesh
The Doctor FTW

jalek moye
surfer solos

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
Surfer soloes. the doctor is far more powerful than surfer

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
the doctor is far more powerful than surfer feats/scans?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindset
feats/scans? creating multiple versions of self without limit

being tangible/intangible at will

teleport other beings and self

see past and future in some form

transmute matter

beyond genius intellect

Mindset
creating multiple versions of self without limit

transmute matter

beyond genius intellect Now, out of those what makes him far more powerful than anyone in this thread, especially SS?

Slaanesh
he can reform after being destroy completely..

Enyalus
Originally posted by Slaanesh
he can reform after being destroy completely..

See Surfer vs. Unilord fight for more on that.

Starscream M
Now, out of those what makes him far more powerful than anyone in this thread, especially SS? surfer can't be intangible

Mindset
he can reform after being destroy completely.. Are you fully aware of the capabilities of the characters you're debating against?

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Enyalus
See Surfer vs. Unilord fight for more on that.

surfer can reform after being completely destroy??well..that's something i don't know..cuz he seem f**ked up after his skin crack..doesn't look like someone who can reform himself..

Mindset
Are you fully aware of the capabilities of the characters you're debating against?

Slaanesh
r u asking me??cuz if u are..the answer is no..i'm not fully aware...i only know some of his feat..but he is my fav hero..and i think he's the most powerful herald level hero..

Mindset
Well, learning more about him is a couple mouse clicks away.

Slaanesh
r u talking about his respect thread??i'm not going there..there's like thousands of his feat in there..i'm not going to read all that no expression

Naija boy
surfer can't be intangible

laughing out loud Uve done it again

Starscream M
laughing out loud Uve done it again confused

D_Dude1210

Why would he need to? stick out tongue

He has shown he can phase thru solid matter, tho.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3603/silversurfer199612310ue8.jpg

Mindset
surfer can't be intangible Even if that were the case, which it isn't, how does that make Manhattan far more powerful?

Starscream M
Even if that were the case, which it isn't, how does that make Manhattan far more powerful? that would mean they would have few if any means to attack dr manhattan

dr manhattan could transmute them, teleport them, fight them with duplicates, etc

these are all things dr manhattan does easily

Naija boy

transmute matter

beyond genius intellect

So these are the feats that make him far more powerful than surfer? lol

surfer can also create doubles of himself

surfer can also become intangible

surfer manipulates matter on a far higher scale (evolves planets by billions of years)

Can teleport other beings and himself thru time or to virtually any location

Can look into the past.

Has far superior mental processing speed.

etc.

And he can do way more than that. He easily matches and then outstrips Manhattan in any way shape and form.

Mindset
that would mean they would have few if any means to attack dr manhattan

dr manhattan could transmute them, teleport them, fight them with duplicates, etc

these are all things dr manhattan does easily facepalm

Naija boy
that would mean they would have few if any means to attack dr manhattan

these are all things dr manhattan does easily

Transmute them? surfer has far better matter manip. So does thor in fact.

teleport them? Surfer and thor can teleport as well as hal jordan

fight them with duplicates? Useless when u cant even hurt ur opponents and when ur opponent. surfer blasts him into subatomic dust. fight over.

Ambient

transmute matter

beyond genius intellect
Each one of the team can take out a majority against DM at there best..

SamZED
Enough with the Manhattan threads already!

guy222
team

iceman24567
Team easily

jrodslam
Stalemate prob.

Naija boy
Originally posted by jrodslam
Stalemate prob.

How does manhattan possibly come even close to stalemating? Anyone here can solo him.

Slaanesh
no they can't..team win..but 1 on 1..they will lose..

Naija boy
no they can't..team win..but 1 on 1..they will lose..

How will either surfer or thor Manhattan? Im also quite confident that superman and hal can beat him as well but im not an expert on them so i wont press the issue

Jack Daniels
well at least ss wore shorts and didnt let his wanger hang out during the movie..lol

Slaanesh
How will either surfer or thor Manhattan? Im also quite confident that superman and hal can beat him as well but im not an expert on them so i wont press the issue

how will any of them beat Manhattan 1 on 1??

BFR him??he can just come back..
Destroy him??he can reform..

jrodslam

This.

Naija boy

No SS could devolve him. Thor could absorb his lifeforce. Id also like to see him reform from the subatomic particles(either thor or ss could blast him to such a state). SS could also absorb him into his board like he did to genis. Also how does Manhattan get his powers? cuz SS taking away his powers could also be valid.

the real question is how will manhattan beat them?

Kris Blaze
Manhattan doesn't even have ****ing telepathy, and he's going to take these guys?

You're a joke MB, and not a very good one.

- Surfer can do countless things with telepathy
- Thor can absorb his lifeforce
- Sufer/Hal rearrange his molecular structure

There are far more ways to attack someone than simply "lolol blast him!!!"

starlock
Team for the easy win

Avlon

WTF?

Surfer, Supes, and Hal can all be intangible...

The Dr. sounds an awful lot like Martian Manhunter....

Any proof he's more powerful than Jonn?

frommd
My impression of Manhattan is that he was a big fish in a small pond. He had powers and no one else did. How he would do against others with powers is debatable, but to say he can take four top guns at once
based on his feats is a stretch.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
- Surfer can do countless things with telepathy
- Thor can absorb his lifeforce
- Sufer/Hal rearrange his molecular structure

There are far more ways to attack someone than simply "lolol blast him!!!"

- u don't know if it would even work on him
- where is this lifeforce sucking when he is getting his ass kick by the super skrull..but hey..if u think it'll work..fine by me..
- Manhattan can do that too

don't get me wrong..i'm not saying manhattan win here no expression

Kris Blaze
- u don't know if it would even work on him
- where is this lifeforce sucking when he is getting his ass kick by the super skrull..but hey..if u think it'll work..fine by me..
- Manhattan can do that too

don't get me wrong..i'm not saying manhattan win here no expression

- But we know that he has feelings and a mind, hence no reason to assume that it doesn't work. Unless he has proven resistance to telepathy (which he hasn't) then it's a viable tactic.
Thor vs Super Skrull
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-06.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-07.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-08.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-09.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-10.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-11.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-12.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-13.jpg
Woops, forgot to post those.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-14.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-15.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Thor142-16.jpg

Who's getting owned, SON?

- Only, there aren't any incidents of him using them offensively on someone, except making regular human beings explode.

Starscream M

- Only, there aren't any incidents of him using them offensively on someone, except making regular human beings explode. nice contradiction in the same sentence...it's like me saying, gee thor hasn't ever used godblast, except for that time against galactus, and juggernaut...

manhattan's able to disassemble things on a molecular level on the fly...including living beings, machinery (tank and various tech stuff), elements

and based on that same foolproof logic you employed regarding manhattan's lack of immunity against telepathy (even though his consciousness has been shown to be clearly on a level onto itself and it would be reasonable to even wonder if telepathy would have any effect) then since Superman, Thor, Hal and Surfer have never shown an immunity to being blown apart on the elemental level by a matter transmuter on the level of Manhattan, they are therefore susceptible

Naija boy
nice contradiction in the same sentence...it's like me saying, gee thor hasn't ever used godblast, except for that time against galactus, and juggernaut...

manhattan's able to disassemble things on a molecular level on the fly...including living beings, machinery (tank and various tech stuff), elements

and based on that same foolproof logic you employed regarding manhattan's lack of immunity against telepathy (even though his consciousness has been shown to be clearly on a level onto itself and it would be reasonable to even wonder if telepathy would have any effect) then since Superman, Thor, Hal and Surfer have never shown an immunity to being blown apart on the elemental level by a matter transmuter on the level of Manhattan, they are therefore susceptible

What? Are u even serious?

Surfer has reassembled himself from pieces. Plus he is a FAR FAR FAR higher level matter manipulator than manhattan. Do u think that dissasembling a human being and dissasembling a being with ultra high durability as well as far superior molecular control are the same thing? The same goes for thor who has ultra high durability/ high level resistance to molecular control and molecular control as well. show me an example of manhattan affecting any being of this level or any feat of his which makes u believe he can affect beings of this level.

Manhattan gets devolved/dissasembled/disintegrated/absorbed by either surfer or thor.

Hitman911
Sooooo this is basically Martian Manhunter versus The 4 Horsemen of comics?!?!?!? First of all lets just leave the Surfer out of this cause he is CLEARLY on another level here..Any thing DM can do, Surfer can undo with ease "You cannot comprehend the Power I wield!" - Surfer in Annihilation. Just like Frommd said, He's a big fish in a small pond. You step in the ring with these boyz you better be sub-skyfather at the very least...

Hitman911

Surfer has reassembled himself from pieces. Plus he is a FAR FAR FAR higher level matter manipulator than manhattan. Do u think that dissasembling a human being and dissasembling a being with ultra high durability as well as far superior molecular control are the same thing? The same goes for thor who has ultra high durability/ high level resistance to molecular control and molecular control as well. show me an example of manhattan affecting any being of this level or any feat of his which makes u believe he can affect beings of this level.

Manhattan gets devolved/dissasembled/disintegrated/absorbed by either surfer or thor. Co-signed!!

What Starscream fails to realize is the fact that he HAD to reform from an attack that these dudes would prolly barely even feel. You put Anyone of this team in the "Watchman" world and they would own. Why?!??!!?!? BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING ON EARTH THAT CAN DESTROY THEM!!!!!

Starscream M

atoms are atoms. the atoms that make up a human are the same atoms that make up steel or diamonds. being able to effect the bonding at the atomic level removes any effect durability has.

Manhattan could just as easily disassemble a tank as he could human flesh. His power effects you on the atomic level, it doesn't matter how durable you are. He is breaking down the bonds holding your atoms, he isn't physically attacking you...therefore durability doesn't influence his attack. Transmuting a piece of steel is no easier or harder than transmuting flesh, even though steel is alot more durable.

remember what the comedian said to manhattan when he shot the preggo: you could've turned my bullet to dust before it hit or something like that

The Pict

transmute matter

beyond genius intellect

That doesn't make him more powerful than Surfer.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Hitman911

What Starscream fails to realize is the fact that he HAD to reform from an attack that these dudes would prolly barely even feel. so you think superman, thor, hal or surfer would barely feel being completely diassembled on the molecular level? that their consciousness could even survive being outside of their bodies...unless somehow you thought that was just electricity he got blasted with, lulz.

Hitman911
atoms are atoms. the atoms that make up a human are the same atoms that make up steel or diamonds. being able to effect the bonding at the atomic level removes any effect durability has.

Manhattan could just as easily disassemble a tank as he could human flesh. His power effects you on the atomic level, it doesn't matter how durable you are. He is breaking down the bonds holding your atoms, he isn't physically attacking you...therefore durability doesn't influence his attack. Transmuting a piece of steel is no easier or harder than transmuting flesh, even though steel is alot more durable. UUUUmmmm Wrong!!! You see there a little thing in comics call durability and molecular control. When you think of Apoc, Thanos, Surfer, Jonn, these aren't the guys that get turned into a teddy bear by every so-called trans-muter. These dudes have TOTAL CONTROL over their own atoms. No i admit to not knowing alot about DM but does he have any planetary-level feats. Just wondering? smile

Kris Blaze
nice contradiction in the same sentence...it's like me saying, gee thor hasn't ever used godblast, except for that time against galactus, and juggernaut...

Not entirely sure why I would debate with a dumbsh|t who hasn't read any comics, but I guess I can pick apart that pathetic argument.

- Offensive molecular manipulation often involve things a bit more complex than making your target go boom. Such as transmuting their skin, biological features or what the Surfer did to Cable, turn off the genome that grants him his superhuman powers.

- Dr.Manhattan hasn't shown a resistance to telepathy, end.

- Superman in particular has multiple times shown resistance to matter manipulation, the same with Thor and Surfer. I can't make any claims on Hal's behalf, except that he's got shields to absorb the most.

- There's also the matter of 4 AGAINST 1, where all 4 have displayed vastly superior reaction time, combat and movement speed.

Starscream M
UUUUmmmm Wrong!!! You see there a little thing in comics call durability and molecular control. When you think of Apoc, Thanos, Surfer, Jonn, these aren't the guys that get turned into a teddy bear by every so-called trans-muter. These dudes have TOTAL CONTROL over their own atoms. No i admit to not knowing alot about DM but does he have any planetary-level feats. Just wondering? smile apart from Surfer, who I do believe is a threat to manhattan, how is bringing up apoc, thanos or jonn relevant to a thread that doesn't include them?

DarkOdin
so you think superman, thor, hal or surfer would barely feel being completely diassembled on the molecular level? that their consciousness could even survive being outside of their bodies...unless somehow you thought that was just electricity he got blasted with, lulz.

Thor has issue 1 lol. He had no body just wondering in the void and pulled himself back to life and a body. Manhattan is no more the an energy being. power cosmic could counter it hald could use his ring to hold himself together.
The Odinpower has done alot better then the Dr.

Superman will have some major problems probelms

Starscream M
Not entirely sure why I would debate with a dumbsh|t who hasn't read any comics, but I guess I can pick apart that pathetic argument.
reported. you seem to have a lot of pent-up anger issues kris, I'll put you on ignore now. cool

nimbus006
Another problem with Dr. Manhattan is, exactly what experience does he have against anyone besides humans?

He has never seen anything anywhere near the level of Surfer.

We also haven't seen any real speed feats other than teleportation which we know Surfer can handle.

I really don't think Manhattan has the metal to take Surfer.

D_Dude1210
Thor can just absorb Manhattan's energy using his good ol hammer. Fight over.

roughrider
Not an easy win for the team. Manhattan can make multiple versions of himself, grow them to any size he wants (see his giant forms taking out Vietnam or confronting Ozymandias), and can use his pre-cog sense to predict what any of them are going to do. There doesn't seem to be limits to how powerful he can make himself.
Of the team, Hal Jordan would be the first to fall. Silver Surfer would be the trickiest opponent, but none are able to solo him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by nimbus006
Another problem with Dr. Manhattan is, exactly what experience does he have against anyone besides humans?

He has never seen anything anywhere near the level of Surfer.

We also haven't seen any real speed feats other than teleportation which we know Surfer can handle.

I really don't think Manhattan has the metal to take Surfer. I definitely see surfer as a threat

like you said, manhattan doesn't have any speed feats...although he can see events in the future as how they'll arise (remember how he knew exactly the girl was gonna leave crying)

Kris Blaze
reported. you seem to have a lot of pent-up anger issues kris, I'll put you on ignore now. cool

Concession accepted.

Naija boy

Manhattan could just as easily disassemble a tank as he could human flesh. His power effects you on the atomic level, it doesn't matter how durable you are. He is breaking down the bonds holding your atoms, he isn't physically attacking you...therefore durability doesn't influence his attack. Transmuting a piece of steel is no easier or harder than transmuting flesh, even though steel is alot more durable.

remember what the comedian said to manhattan when he shot the preggo: you could've turned my bullet to dust before it hit or something like that

Display of yet more ignorance. Being able to effect the molecular bonding of humans atoms in no way makes u able to effect that of beings with superhuman durability. Thats because these beings have a far more dense molecular structure as well as far tougher molecular bonding. How the hell do u think they became more durable?. Why do u think that Loki a being who has matter manip feats on a level far higher than Manhattan, needed to be amped by sjyfather level power in order to transmute thor? further though u have done ur best to ignore it, Both thor and surfer have SUPERIOR molecular control to Manhattan (surfer is so far above him its not even funny) coupled with their resistance to molecular manip. so ur ridiculous trategy has absolutely no chance of working.

Manhattan dissasembling a tank in no way indicates he can affect Thor or surfer as both are far tougher at the molecular level than a mere tank as well as both having high level resistance to molecular manip and superior molecular control.

Interesting, but has no relevance here unfortunately.

Priest
Surfer

Starscream M
Originally posted by roughrider
Not an easy win for the team. Manhattan can make multiple versions of himself, grow them to any size he wants (see his giant forms taking out Vietnam or confronting Ozymandias), and can use his pre-cog sense to predict what any of them are going to do. There doesn't seem to be limits to how powerful he can make himself.
Of the team, Hal Jordan would be the first to fall. Silver Surfer would be the trickiest opponent, but none are able to solo him. good points...esp. the precog

manhattan's precog would make it much harder for the team to pull something over him as he would likely know about their tactics much in advance.

Starscream M
Both thor and surfer have SUPERIOR molecular control to Manhattan (surfer is so far above him its not even funny) really?! thor has superior molecular control than Manhattan?? wow...just wow.

Naija boy
so you think superman, thor, hal or surfer would barely feel being completely diassembled on the molecular level? that their consciousness could even survive being outside of their bodies...unless somehow you thought that was just electricity he got blasted with, lulz.

Surfer is almost invincible on the astral plane. U know what that means right? his consciousness is outside of his freaking body. But be my guest keep showing absolute ignorance of all characters and making fallacious claims.

Hitman911
apart from Surfer, who I do believe is a threat to manhattan, how is bringing up apoc, thanos or jonn relevant to a thread that doesn't include them? I was educating you to the fact that not all physicality's are not created equal. while human beings might be susceptible, these dude had in their POWERSET to be resistant to such an attack.

so you think superman, thor, hal or surfer would barely feel being completely dissembled on the molecular level? that their consciousness could even survive being outside of their bodies...unless somehow you thought that was just electricity he got blasted with, lulz.

You see that's the beauty of it!!!
Surfer not going to get hit!! And if he Chooses to, whats stopping him from redirecting it or just absorbing it with his board?

Thor should be able to deflect such a blast with minor difficulties.

Hal is a beast his shields are one of the best there is.

Superman is.....................Super f-ing Man!!!

Naija boy
really?! thor has superior molecular control than Manhattan?? wow...just wow.

Bring up his feats or shut up.

What does he have comparable to evolving a planet? Or reversing the energy polarities of hyperion in order to transform him into an ant?

Oh yeah its as i suspected, he has nothing even close.

Starscream M
Surfer is almost invincible on the astral plane. U know what that means right? his consciousness is outside of his freaking body. But be my guest keep showing absolute ignorance of all characters and making fallacious claims. yes, but even in the astral plane, surfer's physical body still exists.

Starscream M
Bring up his feats or shut up.

What does he have comparable to evolving a planet? Or reversing the energy polarities of hyperion in order to transform him into an ant?

Oh yeah its as i suspected, he has nothing even close. what issues did thor do those things?

Starscream M
\
Surfer not going to get hit!! And if he Chooses to, whats stopping him from redirecting it or just absorbing it with his board?

Thor should be able to deflect such a blast with minor difficulties.

Hal is a beast his shields are one of the best there is.

What blast? Do you know how manhattan's powers work? he doesn't 'blast' people.

Newjak
Seriously each one would probably take DM down. With the exception of maybe Superman but then even he has feats of messing with pure energy based beings so it isn't outside the question.

Nothing DM could do would effect these guys they've all seen everything he has, and have dealt with it.

Naija boy
yes, but even in the astral plane, surfer's physical body still exists.

U said that surfer couldnt survive with his consciousness outside his body. Which is just false. Manhattan has no way of harming surfers body at all anyways.

Hitman911
What blast? Do you know how manhattan's powers work? he doesn't 'blast' people. Im bringing up the fact that DM HAD to reassemble himself. Switch DM with any member of this team and he would solo the Watchmen planet with ease. Without being atomized and having to reform.

KuRuPT Thanosi
spite

Naija boy
what issues did thor do those things?

Surfer evolved a planet in SS v3 104 and thor turned hyperion to the size of an ant in Avengers #70

nimbus006
I definitely see surfer as a threat

like you said, manhattan doesn't have any speed feats...although he can see events in the future as how they'll arise (remember how he knew exactly the girl was gonna leave crying)

Surfer can also do this. And his ability to see in the future is not always clear as evidenced by Ozy's ability to trick him.

Plus his cosmic awareness is = to DM's precog.

Starscream M
Surfer evolved a planet in SS v3 104 and thor turned hyperion to the size of an ant in Avengers #70 I was showing shock at you implying Thor had greater matter manipulation than Manhattan, why would you bring examples of Surfer's ability?! confused

Slaanesh
Who's getting owned, SON?

i'm not talking about that fight..i was talking about the one in SI..the women super skrull..the odinforce thor no expression

Naija boy
I was showing shock at you implying Thor had greater matter manipulation than Manhattan, why would you bring examples of Surfer's ability?! confused

The post of mine u quoted had me say tha BOTH surfer and thor had superior molecular manip abilities. So i mentioned feats from both of them to prove such. Obviously u have nothing to counter it as manhattan has no feats on that level

Starscream M
The post of mine u quoted had me say tha BOTH surfer and thor had superior molecular manip abilities. So i mentioned feats from both of them to prove such. Obviously u have nothing to counter it as manhattan has no feats on that level so thor turning something to the size of an ant shows he has more matter transmuting capabilities than someone who can:

become intangible at will
disassemble any living thing
break down elements down to atoms
increase or decrease in size
cause things to explode by thought alone
build complex machinery from martian dust
teleport self and others with a thought

ok then.

Badabing
Why is there bashing/flaming in this thread? Some of you have been in the reports too much lately. Raoul has spoken to a few posters this week already. Are people looking for warnings or bans?

D_Dude1210
so thor turning something to the size of an ant shows he has more matter transmuting capabilities than someone who can:

ok then.

You DO know these feats aren't all that impressive?

Kris Blaze
i'm not talking about that fight..i was talking about the one in SI..the women super skrull..the odinforce thor no expression

Not sure what comic you read. In the one I read, she died.

Starscream M
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
You DO know these feats aren't all that impressive? I was responding to someone who claimed thor is a better matter manipulator than Manhattan.

Hitman911
so thor turning Something to the size of an ant shows he has more matter transmuting capabilities than someone who can:

ok then. That "Something"(Hyperion) your referring to would solo the Watchmen smokin'

Starscream M
That "Something"(Hyperion) your referring to would solo the Watchmen smokin' the watchmen isn't impressive in power aside from Manhattan.

captain america could take out the watchmen prob.

Naija boy
so thor turning something to the size of an ant shows he has more matter transmuting capabilities than someone who can:

ok then.

Becoming intangible at will is something superman can do. And he doesnt even have matter manip capabilities.

Dissasembling human beings doesnt at all show he is superior to thor in matter manip. Thor altered the molecules of Hyperion a superbeing with far higher molecular density and bonding to that of a mere human being

Being able to increase or decrease ur own size while impressive is only relevant to what he can do to himself. Similar to MM who can shapshift as well but has no actual molecular manip

Him causing human beings to explode through dissasembling their atoms is a nice feat but shows nothing in the way of affecting beings with resistance to it.

What complex machinery did he build. That would perhaps be his most impressive feat. still nothing to spectacular

Teleportation doesnt indicate matter manip. Thor can teleport himself and others as well

In response to the few fairly impressive feats Manhattan does have, Thor has turned blacknight intangible and invisible, can manipulate gravity,manipulate antimatter,and even transmuted absorbing man to helium. Once again clearly superior to anything manhattan has achieved.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Badabing
Why is there bashing/flaming in this thread? Some of you have been in the reports too much lately. Raoul has spoken to a few posters this week already. Are people looking for warnings or bans?

Don't worry Bada, I'll talk to MB under 4 eyes.

Bouboumaster
Surfer soloes.

Naija boy
1. when has surfer easily read people's minds and predicted their intentions?

2. has surfer ever turned sand or other simple elements into complex structures?

3. surfer blows things up by blasting them. Dr. Manhattan just thinks something blown up, and that thing will be blown up. Which do you think is more effective, a blast that is avoidable, or someone merely thinking, which isn't.

4. has surfer ever created full duplicates of himself like Dr. M?

5. can surfer bfr someone with a mere thought in the blink of a second?

6. can surfer instanteounsly reform if his body is destroyed into atoms?

1. surfer has entered and influenced the minds of evry being on earth simultaneously as well as used telepathy from galaxies away Far superior to Dr Manhattan

2. Surfer has created entire buildings thin air. then there was the feat were he manipulated the DNA of the head deviants and trasnmuted him from a cloud into a full blown deviant. Then there is also him evolving a planet by billions of years. Not to mention him transmuting legacy and the nega bands into a reflection on his surfboard. Far superior to anything from manhattan.

3. Yes surfer caused a bunch of high tech weapons to simply explode when he got angry in In Thy Name. Seen below. He has also shown to be able to deactivate high tech ships with just a thought.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InThyName2017.jpg

4. Yes, surfer has created doubles of himself before.

5.Surfer has BFred people thru time and dimensions. He has shown vast teleportational abilities

6. Surfer reformed his body from pieces when fighting against the unilord.

darthgoober
1. when has surfer easily read people's minds and predicted their intentions?

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1928/silversurfer199713415xs0.jpg

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/9427/silversurferv401019eg6.jpg

2. has surfer ever turned sand or other simple elements into complex structures?
Sand no, raw energy yes
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3217/fantasticfourv105707oy9.jpg

3. surfer blows things up by blasting them. Dr. Manhattan just thinks something blown up, and that thing will be blown up. Which do you think is more effective, a blast that is avoidable, or someone merely thinking, which isn't.
Now you're just talking about style. If Surfer can manipulate energy from a distance, he can blow things up(he just doesn't).

4. has surfer ever created full duplicates of himself like Dr. M?
From scratch no. From statues, yes.

5. can surfer bfr someone with a mere thought in the blink of a second?
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/fantasticfour076-19.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/fantasticfour076-20.jpg

6. can surfer instanteounsly reform if his body is destroyed into atoms?
Surfer's never encountered an attack that blasted him into atoms, in what way does that make Dr. M more durable?

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober

Surfer's never encountered an attack that blasted him into atoms, in what way does that make Dr. M more durable? nice scans goober.

the fact that dr. m can reform from being atomized doesn't make him more durable, but it does make him nigh impossible to beat physically.

Harbinger
A side note about Dr. M's "pre-cog" since it's been brought up:

While it's true that Doc can see acts before they happen, he is powerless to stop them from happening. He sees the strings, but cannot act on them. Thus, for example, even if Doc could see Surfer blasting him, he still wouldn't be able to dodge it.

His pre-cog is a non-factor here. And team two stomps.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Harbinger
A side note about Dr. M's "pre-cog" since it's been brought up:

While it's true that Doc can see acts before they happen, he is powerless to stop them from happening. He sees the strings, but cannot act on them. Thus, for example, even if Doc could see Surfer blasting him, he still wouldn't be able to dodge it.

His pre-cog is a non-factor here. And team two stomps. is that really true...that he can't stop them from happening

I feel more like he doesn't care to stop it from happening, not that he can't stop it from happening

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing

Lol at this thread and idiocy of some of the posts.

Kris Blaze
is that really true...that he can't stop them from happening

I feel more like he doesn't care to stop it from happening, not that he can't stop it from happening

Unfortunately most of us have an unfair advantage against you.

We have actually read the comic.

Mindset
laughing out loud

o lawd

Rage.Of.Olympus
Unfortunately most of us have an unfair advantage against you.

We have actually read the comic.

laughing

Original Smurph
is that really true...that he can't stop them from happening

I feel more like he doesn't care to stop it from happening, not that he can't stop it from happening lawl

He's "a puppet that sees the strings".

He's still just a puppet.

SupremeMan
I think the team wins. You could argue it either way. But Manhatten existed in a setting where he was the only super being as well as an incredibly powerful one. But the actual stuff he did, was it really that far beyond what the Surfer can do with the Power Cosmic or what classic Thor has done at times with the hammer or what Hal Jordan can do with his power ring? Has Manhatten ever displayed the kind of speed/ reaction time of Superman or the Surfer?

Some of these guys should be able to destroy his body and certainly the Surfer or Jordan or Thor with the powers of the hammer (or all of them together) should be able to prevent him from reassembling.

iceman24567
Originally posted by SupremeMan
I think the team wins. You could argue it either way. But Manhatten existed in a setting where he was the only super being as well as an incredibly powerful one. But the actual stuff he did, was it really that far beyond what the Surfer can do with the Power Cosmic or what classic Thor has done at times with the hammer or what Hal Jordan can do with his power ring? Has Manhatten ever displayed the kind of speed/ reaction time of Superman or the Surfer?

Some of these guys should be able to destroy his body and certainly the Surfer or Jordan or Thor with the powers of the hammer (or all of them together) should be able to prevent him from reassembling. Pretty much thumb up

Original Smurph
Originally posted by SupremeMan

Some of these guys should be able to destroy his body and certainly the Surfer or Jordan or Thor with the powers of the hammer (or all of them together) should be able to prevent him from reassembling. The whole 'lack of appearances' thing works both ways.

For all we know, Doc Manhattan could manipulate the power cosmic better than Surfer and it could take 1000's of these guys to stop him from reforming. It's impossible to say what would keep him from reforming, or even what would cause his body to be destroyed should he anticipate an attack.

His only known weakness is that he can't manipulate time on his own. Maybe if someone else was manipulating time with energy, he could affect it? We have no basis for comparison.

On the other hand, it could be possible that a person with half of Surfer's power would make Doc Manhattan look like a complete fool.

This thread is pointless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.