movie rorschach vs movie comedian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The MadParty
who wins, fight anywhere.

The MadParty
i say movie rorschach

Kris Blaze
I dunno man, comedian was strong. Real strong.

Martian_mind
Comedian.

Rorschach with Night-owls help still got plowed through way worse then Comedian, who wasn't even at his prime at the time.

The MadParty
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Comedian.

Rorschach with Night-owls help still got plowed through way worse then Comedian, who wasn't even at his prime at the time. so you are saying comedian

Martian_mind
My god! Your powers of deduction are breathtaking! I cannot allow you to waste your time on this forum while out in the world so many unsolved crimes demand your prowess! Hurry child, you are needed!

Martian_mind
Just to clarify,yes, i'm saying the comedian.

Lord Feron
True, Comedian did very well against Ozy and rorchach wasn't really able to do anything really to ozy.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Lord Feron
True, Comedian did very well against Ozy and rorchach wasn't really able to do anything really to ozy.

Comedian did well, but he didn't land a single punch and had both a pistol and a variety of kitchen knives.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Comedian did well, but he didn't land a single punch and had both a pistol and a variety of kitchen knives.

A gun would have helpped Rorch when sneaking up on him, then again could Ozy have dodged it anyway?

No idea how Rorch would do with a knife if he had it.

I mean even in normal hand to hand combat he was fairing okay. Also Idk if Rorch would be able to punch through a wall. He had to use his elbow on glass (granted it was proably reinforced or something) I don't think it would be as hard as punching straight through a wall.

The Pict
Gotta say Rorschach. All we really saw from Comedian was him getting the shit kicked out him unless he had a gun in his hands.

DarkOdin
The comedian has too much fire power for poor rorschach

nimbus006
Comedian.

Rorschach with Night-owls help still got plowed through way worse then Comedian, who wasn't even at his prime at the time.

Yes, the Comedian wasn't at his prime during this encounter. Yes, it was two on one when Rorschach and Night Owl fought Ozy. Both very good points. However, lets take a look at these factors:

- Ozy was TOYING with the Comedian when he fought him.
- The Comedian had his firearm plus kitchen knives at his disposal.
- Night Owl and Rorsharch had travelled through the freezing Artic before fighting Ozy.
- Ozy launched the Comedian out of a window and killed him.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by nimbus006
Yes, the Comedian wasn't at his prime during this encounter. Yes, it was two on one when Rorschach and Night Owl fought Ozy. Both very good points. However, lets take a look at these factors:

- Night Owl and Rorsharch had travelled through the freezing Artic before fighting Ozy.

Yeah, but they were two, and Comedian were alone.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Yeah, but they were two, and Comedian were alone.

I know I mentioned that in my post. That's why I think there respective encounters with Ozy aren't very good proofs.

However, the only other encounter we have of the Comedian in h2h is during the rape scene where he gets handled by one of his teammates.

The Pict

Good points thumb up

Forgot Rorschach traveled through the arctic before the fight. With only basic clothes as protection too.

Kris Blaze

Darth Exodus
Rorschach, because Comedians a prick.

Lord Feron

did I miss something (not being rude but maybe he actually said so himself I just don't remember), what made you think Ozy was toying with him.

Also that rape scene, I felt like he just let guy (is that his name with the hood) wail on him. IDk he didn't even bother putting up a fight also he was pretty much laughing and mocking them as he was getting his face pummeled. He might as well been saying "Is this the best you got?"

nimbus006
did I miss something (not being rude but maybe he actually said so himself I just don't remember), what made you think Ozy was toying with him.

Also that rape scene, I felt like he just let guy (is that his name with the hood) wail on him. IDk he didn't even bother putting up a fight also he was pretty much laughing and mocking them as he was getting his face pummeled. He might as well been saying "Is this the best you got?"

I say toying because he was actually giving him significant time to react and attack (i.e pick up the knives). If you watch that seen again you'll see Ozy waiting and parrying punches when he could of easily just laid him out.

I-Drop

Also that rape scene, I felt like he just let guy (is that his name with the hood) wail on him. IDk he didn't even bother putting up a fight also he was pretty much laughing and mocking them as he was getting his face pummeled. He might as well been saying "Is this the best you got?" Ozy was toying w/him. He was tossing him around like a pebble. He could have honestly started the fight off by tossing him out the window.

The guy who wailed on Blake was known as "Hooded Justice" laughing out loud & I agree, Blake wasn't trying to fight back.

It's impossible to know who would win. I still pick Rorschach 'cus he's a quick thinker & can weaponize damn near anything he finds around him.

Mindset
Comedian.

Rorschach with Night-owls help still got plowed through way worse then Comedian, who wasn't even at his prime at the time. Does it matter he wasn't in his prime, he wont be in his prime in this thread either.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Mindset
Does it matter he wasn't in his prime, he wont be in his prime in this thread either.

Why not? Thread starter never specified what age he's at, and we can't exactly use current version.

Either way Comedian wins 10/10, as we can set this fight wherever we want,and i'm setting it in a dimension where Rorschach's dna attracts ruthless bears with a pention for assrape.

Mindset
Why not? Thread starter never specified what age he's at, and we can't exactly use current version.

Yea, so use the most current version that applies.

Martian_mind
Even then,his most recent was still devastated and i'm betting far from being in a good condition to fight the worlds most proficient combatant.

Meh,Comedian still wins.

fangirl101
The Comedian at least made Ozy work for his kill. Ozy was on the defensive with his evasive tactics.

he really toyed with roch and owl and made them look pathetic.

Allankles
Originally posted by I-Drop

The guy who wailed on Blake was known as "Hooded Justice" laughing out loud & I agree, Blake wasn't trying to fight back.

Hooded Justice was the strongest hero among the minute men, he was a strong man among strong men.

He'd have beaten Comedian 10/10 in pure H2H encounters, thats why Comedian knew he was screwed and basically taunted Justice, who may well have had a violence fetish.

I-Drop
He did look pretty strong. The watchmen/Minutemen need a respect thread

Kris Blaze
Hooded Justice let The Comedian taste russian justice.

He was never the same since.

Martian_mind
I'd say Comedian giving him the Rasputin treatment is more a case of russian justice.

But then again,as the Comedian is awesome personified,I'll defend him to the bitter end.

Kris Blaze
I'd say Comedian giving him the Rasputin treatment is more a case of russian justice.

But then again,as the Comedian is awesome personified,I'll defend him to the bitter end.

Is that why he started crying?

'cause he was so awesome?

I-Drop
Daaaaaaaaaayum! laughing out loud

cheap cabbage
If we're discounting age, then comedian by hands down. Comedian already beat Ozy once fair and square in on of their first encounters. Then he got old and Ozy threw him out a window. I'll venture Ozy probably wasn't his prime back then, but youth is certainly better than old age. A 67 year old comedian still put up a decent fight against ozy, and we all know what happened to rorschach and night owl in their fight.

The MadParty
My god! Your powers of deduction are breathtaking! I cannot allow you to waste your time on this forum while out in the world so many unsolved crimes demand your prowess! Hurry child, you are needed! I already got that covered.

I-Drop
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
If we're discounting age, then comedian by hands down. Comedian already beat Ozy once fair and square in on of their first encounters. Then he got old and Ozy threw him out a window. I'll venture Ozy probably wasn't his prime back then, but youth is certainly better than old age. A 67 year old comedian still put up a decent fight against ozy, and we all know what happened to rorschach and night owl in their fight. Yeah. They got beat up by a man who PLAYED with, beat up, & then killed Comedian w/ease. He put up a better fight than a normal guy would have, but he had weapons & Ozy STILL did everything he wanted to him. He had no real offense IIRC. He kept trying different shit & NONE of it worked. He was toyed with. @no point did it look like he was winning or even capable of winning. He put up a good fight against the walls & shit he shattered. That's about it. It wasn't a bad showing considering that Ozy simply can't be fuked with, but if Ozy wanted that fight to last 3 seconds, it would have. Beating up Ozy when Ozy was a young buck is good, but who's to say that Rorshach or Nite Owl couldn't have done the same? I'd like to see scans of the old fight or a mentioning of that fight too. I'd honestly love to see ANY scans of anything Watchmen. I'm REALLY into Watchmen after seeing the movie.

nimbus006
Everyone keeps saying the Comedian wasn't in his prime...

Exactly how old is Rorschach?

jalek moye
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
If we're discounting age, then comedian by hands down. Comedian already beat Ozy once fair and square in on of their first encounters. Then he got old and Ozy threw him out a window. I'll venture Ozy probably wasn't his prime back then, but youth is certainly better than old age. A 67 year old comedian still put up a decent fight against ozy, and we all know what happened to rorschach and night owl in their fight.
when did he beat ozy, i dont remember it at all.

Doctor-Alvis
Everyone keeps saying the Comedian wasn't in his prime...

Exactly how old is Rorschach?
I'm guessing he was in or approaching his 40's.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I'm guessing he was in or approaching his 40's.

In the graphic novel, is a date or reference point given to determine his age?

Doctor-Alvis
In the graphic novel, is a date or reference point given to determine his age?
While Ozymandias is doing his athletic performance on television the announcer comments how it's hard to believe he is in his 40's. Ozymandias and Rorschach were both at the Crimebusters meeting I believe so I figure they are around the same age.

grimify
Yeah. They got beat up by a man who PLAYED with, beat up, & then killed Comedian w/ease. He put up a better fight than a normal guy would have, but he had weapons & Ozy STILL did everything he wanted to him. He had no real offense IIRC. He kept trying different shit & NONE of it worked. He was toyed with. @no point did it look like he was winning or even capable of winning. He put up a good fight against the walls & shit he shattered. That's about it. It wasn't a bad showing considering that Ozy simply can't be fuked with, but if Ozy wanted that fight to last 3 seconds, it would have. Beating up Ozy when Ozy was a young buck is good, but who's to say that Rorshach or Nite Owl couldn't have done the same? I'd like to see scans of the old fight or a mentioning of that fight too. I'd honestly love to see ANY scans of anything Watchmen. I'm REALLY into Watchmen after seeing the movie.

I disagree. Ozy was not toying with Comedian, Ozy isn't a villain. He was there for the sole purpose of killing Comedian to protect his goal. It's just like Ozy himself said in the final battle with Nightowl and Rorschach, he doesn't leave anything to chance, and toying with the Comedian is certainly taking a risk.

All that mattered to him was stopping nuclear war, whatever the cost. It's a bit disappointing to see the film portray Ozy as a darker character.

ThunderGodEneru
Ozymandias was trying to kill Comedian, he was just stalling Rorschach and Nite-Owl, and Comedian still put up a better fight one-on-one than they did two-on-one.

As for Comedian using weapons against Oz...Dude, Nite-Owl shot a fvckin laser at him. no expression

And Comedian did not get the chance to use his gun, and only used knives.

Also, it is interesting to note that even when far out of his prime, we actually see Comedian briefly overpower Oz in the struggle, pushing him into the wall, but yeah, Oz is 1337, and Comedian could not gain any signifigant advantage.

As for Hooded Justice beating Comedian, that was youngster Comedian, and Hooded Justice was physically the most imposing and likely the strongest Minuteman in H2H. Also, he's German.

As for Rorschach being more awesome than Comedian, Comedian cried, yeah, but Rorschach was balling when he was going to die, Comedian had a chuckle.

Comedian ftw.

Mindset
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
but Rorschach was balling when he was going to die No he wasn't.

And he basically told DM to kill him.

Rorschach > Comedian, deal with it

Kris Blaze
No he wasn't.

Rorschach > Comedian, deal with it

I-Drop
Originally posted by grimify
I disagree. Ozy was not toying with Comedian, Ozy isn't a villain. He was there for the sole purpose of killing Comedian to protect his goal. It's just like Ozy himself said in the final battle with Nightowl and Rorschach, he doesn't leave anything to chance, and toying with the Comedian is certainly taking a risk.

All that mattered to him was stopping nuclear war, whatever the cost. It's a bit disappointing to see the film portray Ozy as a darker character. Ozy could have tossed him out a window 1st instead of thru the table.

ThunderGodEneru
No he wasn't.

Rorschach > Comedian, deal with it Yes he was. erm

He said do it, was still crying in the comic and the movie.

kevdude
The Comedian, taking on Ozy like that big grin

Darth Martin
Everyone's saying that Comedian did better solo. I just watched, and he had all these weapons and still didn't get any hits in. He showed strength punching through concrete though. Really ain't fair seeing how he wasn't in his armor.

Mindset
Yes he was. erm

He said do it, was still crying in the comic and the movie. Those were your tears, I don't blame you, Rorschach's awesomeness brought tears to my eyes too.

Rorschach > Comedian

Accept it.

Kazenji

As for Hooded Justice beating Comedian, that was youngster Comedian, and Hooded Justice was physically the most imposing and likely the strongest Minuteman in H2H. Also, he's German.

Actually he's Russian

Martian_mind
Those were your tears, I don't blame you, Rorschach's awesomeness brought tears to my eyes too.

Rorschach > Comedian

Accept it.

Rorschach cried like the whipping boy he was.

Comedian>Rorschach

deal with it.

Mindset
Rorschach cried like the whipping boy he was.

Comedian>Rorschach

deal with it. You were probably in the same theater as ThunderGodEneru and just heard him crying.

Rorschach > Comedian

Rorschach was so manly he made your balls finally drop.

Live with it.

Martian_mind
You were probably in the same theater as ThunderGodEneru and just heard him crying.

Rorschach > Comedian

Rorschach was so manly he made your balls finally drop.

Live with it.

Naw,i saw the tears glistening on Rorschachs pasty face.

Comedian> Rorcshach

Straight into your mothers mouth. Only to find the comedian had planted a flag of discovery there.

Deal with it.

Mindset
Naw,i saw the tears glistening on Rorschachs pasty face.

Comedian> Rorcshach

Straight into your mothers mouth. Only to find the comedian had planted a flag of discovery there.

Deal with it. i laffed

Kris Blaze
i laffed

His country is built upon criminal scum from Britain.

Of course he hates Rorschach, Rorschach would've killed his entire nation.

I-Drop
laughing out loud

ThunderGodEneru
The last few posts have both made me laugh and given me an erection.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Kazenji
Actually he's Russian
His family was east german. Take that as you will.

grimify
Ozy could have tossed him out a window 1st instead of thru the table.

Could he have? Or do you just think he could have?

Mindset

Of course he hates Rorschach, Rorschach would've killed his entire nation. laughing out loud

I-Drop
Could he have? Or do you just think he could have? Could have. Ozy is mad strong.

grimify
Could have. Ozy is mad strong.

Is he now?

Martian_mind

Of course he hates Rorschach, Rorschach would've killed his entire nation.

Your kidding right?

If he set foot in Oz, we'd sodomize him like the red headed step child that he is, and belive me,we ain't got no munchkins down here.

jinzin
Is he now?

no expression
Are you kidding?

He slammed the Comedian through a marble counter like it was nothing. The cops investigating the crime scene acknowledged that it would take an emmense amount of strength to go through the plate glass that windowed Comedians apartment. He had enough grip strength to stop the passage of a bullet dead cold without it going even through/or even into his hand which is a better feat than even Spiderman's pulled off, and he was able to toss Rorschach like 20-30 feet through the air like he was a rag doll..... I don't see how you might think that his strength is even up for debate.

Mindset
Siderman caught a bullet.

iceman24567
This thread is full of lulz

Mindset
So is your pants. uhuh

psycho gundam
Originally posted by jinzin
no expression
Are you kidding?

He slammed the Comedian through a marble counter like it was nothing. The cops investigating the crime scene acknowledged that it would take an emmense amount of strength to go through the plate glass that windowed Comedians apartment. He had enough grip strength to stop the passage of a bullet dead cold without it going even through/or even into his hand which is a better feat than even Spiderman's pulled off, and he was able to toss Rorschach like 20-30 feet through the air like he was a rag doll..... I don't see how you might think that his strength is even up for debate. it could be the suit he wears, like that poly-fiber musculature stuff the military is working on to increase lifting capacity, and lined with an advanced form of kevlar. when he beat on the comedian he could have been wearing it under his clothes.

i mean, he's a super-genius and rich as shit. he could pull it off.

just personal speculation of coarse.

iceman24567
Thanks my $59.99 Nautica pants are full of lulz considering how much I payed for them erm

psycho gundam
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanks my $59.99 Nautica pants are full of lulz considering how much I payed for them erm they're full of shit cause your an invalid. stick out tongue

iceman24567
erm

psycho gundam
i thought you were....... nevermind.

i have jean twice that price, and i bet they look exactly the same as the ones you have. it could have been worse.

iceman24567
Well you must either be rich or dumb as shit maybe both....smile

Mindset
Or neither, he didn't say he bought them.

psycho gundam
Or neither, he didn't say he bought them. thumb up

Originally posted by iceman24567
Well you must either be rich or dumb as shit maybe both....smile oh and... yo momma.

Digi
Originally posted by The MadParty
who wins, fight anywhere.

We don't know enough to say for sure. Any opinion is just a guess.

/thread

iceman24567
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thumb up

oh and... yo momma. laughing

iceman24567
Or neither, he didn't say he bought them. Neither did i eek!

Mindset
You implied it.

iceman24567
You implied it. Trust me i know smile

Mindset
No

iceman24567
sad

Mindset
lol

iceman24567
mad

jinzin
Siderman caught a bullet.
He had two rounds pass right through his hands. erm

jinzin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it could be the suit he wears, like that poly-fiber musculature stuff the military is working on to increase lifting capacity, and lined with an advanced form of kevlar. when he beat on the comedian he could have been wearing it under his clothes.

i mean, he's a super-genius and rich as shit. he could pull it off.

just personal speculation of coarse. Even if that was the case.. he still has low end superstrength in those fights no?

ThunderGodEneru
Everyone in the Watchmen movie displayed abilities that were nigh superhuman IMO.

Philosophía
Ironically, the movie Watchmen probably displayed how 'average' street level heroes from comics would be on screen the best, when in fact in Alan Moore's story they were not that.

jinzin
Everyone in the Watchmen movie displayed abilities that were nigh superhuman IMO. agreed

Mindset
He had two rounds pass right through his hands. erm Actually, he caught one, and the other bullet went through his hand. erm

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox5/pics/bullet_hit.jpg

jinzin
my bad. he still has 100% consistency unlike a certain webhead. evil face

grimify

I don't see how you might think that his strength is even up for debate.

Think harder.

Mindset
lol

I-Drop
my bad. he still has 100% consistency unlike a certain webhead. evil face Quiet, you!

psycho gundam
Even if that was the case.. he still has low end superstrength in those fights no? he looks to be just as powerful physically as captain america (average showings) imo.

Juntai
Everyone in the Watchmen movie displayed abilities that were nigh superhuman IMO. Batman's feats >
I'm fairly sure Robin III has feats >

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.