Aquaman vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Classic aquaman vs. Thing.

Who wins?

I-Drop
Thing. Classic AM was a bit<h

PRAYERRUN
I Don't know...Doesn't Aquaman have power over all sea creatures?

fangirl101
Originally posted by I-Drop
Thing. Classic AM was a bit<h Classic Aquaman was a class 100 easy. He was also 800 times faster than a normal human being as well as Uber tuff with bones and skin meant to take pressure from the bottom of the ocean.

PRAYERRUN
right, and Thing is....well at least compared to Aquaman......a rock.

fangirl101
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
right, and Thing is....well at least compared to Aquaman......a rock. I think they are comparable. Thing is class 100 too right? And he's pretty fast from what I've seen. He looks to be very agile too.

tkitna
Originally posted by fangirl101
I think they are comparable. Thing is class 100 too right? And he's pretty fast from what I've seen. He looks to be very agile too.

You created this thread to purely argue aginst the Thing. As you stated before, if he was easily class 100 and 800 times faster than humans, what chance does Ben have?

fangirl101
Originally posted by tkitna
You created this thread to purely argue aginst the Thing. As you stated before, if he was easily class 100 and 800 times faster than humans, what chance does Ben have?
I created the thread becuz I see them as Comparable. didn't you see me say that? Thing is also class 100. may not be as fast as Aquaman but he's fast. And he is more durable imo.

I-Drop
Was AM weakened greatly when Batman beat his @ss? He really looked like a punk in that scrap. Were there some circumstances I didn't know about?

lawest9
I created the thread becuz I see them as Comparable. didn't you see me say that? Thing is also class 100. may not be as fast as Aquaman but he's fast. And he is more durable imo. When was it established that ben's strenght was class 100?

tkitna
Originally posted by lawest9
When was it established that ben's strenght was class 100?

Only in his pineapple form that i'm aware of. Thing isnt class 100 but he does hang with them. Still, if Aquaman is considered 800 times faster than a normal human, Ben's screwed cause he sure as hell isnt that fast.

Wonder how fast Namor is?

KingD19
All incranations of Aqua Man have been class 100, although they have been underrated and written poorly.

Classic Ben was Class 85, he's just recently reached class 100 from years of intense training.

If both are classic, AM takes it, current, AM still takes it, unless he's out of water, he gets weaker the longer he's out of it.

And Namor can hit about 100+ mph in the water.

BlackZero30x
out of the water Namors flight is like only 60 mph

KingD19
Actually, his flight speed, using his ankle chicken wings is about 160+

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by KingD19
All incranations of Aqua Man have been class 100, although they have been underrated and written poorly.

Classic Ben was Class 85, he's just recently reached class 100 from years of intense training.

If both are classic, AM takes it, current, AM still takes it, unless he's out of water, he gets weaker the longer he's out of it.

And Namor can hit about 100+ mph in the water.

where did you get this info?

KingD19
go to marvel database and dc database, look them up.

BlackZero30x
go to marvel database and dc database, look them up.

I actually Happen to have the marvel search bar installed on my pc and the only thing that it remotely says about Namors speed is he can swim up to 60 mph....so yea thats why i asked

KingD19
This is directly from 616 Namor's page on marveldatabase.com

Flight: Namor also possesses vestigial "wings" on both of his ankles, by which he seems to fly at speeds upwards of over 150 MPH. Since the "wings" by themselves could never carry Namor, it has been speculated that he uses the wings for steering and flies in some other manner, perhaps by telekinesis. During the the times he's lost his ankle wings, he is unable to fly at all. Namor's ability to lift weights while flying is lessened.

fangirl101
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
out of the water Namors flight is like only 60 mph his reflexes should be ruffly 800 times a normal human out of water.

KingD19
We were talking about his flight speed, not reaction time and reflexes.

BlackZero30x
This is directly from 616 Namor's page on marveldatabase.com

Flight: Namor also possesses vestigial "wings" on both of his ankles, by which he seems to fly at speeds upwards of over 150 MPH. Since the "wings" by themselves could never carry Namor, it has been speculated that he uses the wings for steering and flies in some other manner, perhaps by telekinesis. During the the times he's lost his ankle wings, he is unable to fly at all. Namor's ability to lift weights while flying is lessened.

that's interesting....give me a link because i looked it up and the im not getting anything

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by I-Drop
Was AM weakened greatly when Batman beat his @ss? He really looked like a punk in that scrap. Were there some circumstances I didn't know about?

almost has to be because go to the AM respect tread and their should be pic's of him flopping dethstroke around

KingD19
Both Namor and Aquaman are amphibious, and must be in contact with, or return to water to keep or regain full strength.

And here's the link, go down the power list until you get to it.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Namor_McKenzie_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities

BlackZero30x
Both Namor and Aquaman are amphibious, and must be in contact with, or return to water to keep or regain full strength.

gotcha

KingD19
Yeah, Namor McKenzie is a beast.......As long as he drinks at least 8 ounces of water a day.

BlackZero30x
Yeah, Namor McKenzie is a beast.......As long as he drinks at least 8 ounces of water a day.

lol yea i hear ya

BentonGrey

Not quite, Aquaman can pretty much be out of water all day long and not have any real decrease in strength or abilities. At the end of the day he begins to need to rehydrate, but he isn't like Namor, who pretty much constantly weakens.

Thing versus Aquaman hmm? Good fight, and I definitely think they are comparable. Aquaman is probably a bit stronger, definitely a lot faster, but Thing has the edge in endurance....and they are both unbelievably hard to put down since they are both 'do or die' kinds of heroes. I'd give it to Aquaman, but Thing is GREAT at fighting above his level (much like the Sea King himself), so it would be a really good fight.

Mindship
Classic Aquaman was a class 100 easy. He was also 800 times faster than a normal human being ...
A normal human's running and reflex speed is about 20mph...x800 = mach 21.

Even if we went with swimming (average human speed is about 5mph), we're still talking mach 5-6 swimming speed for AM.

BentonGrey
Well, he CAN keep up with the Flash while the speedster is running on water....so he's got to be pretty darn fast. I remember an issue of JLA that talked about how he was capable of swimming Niagara Falls...upstream. That's pretty powerful.

KingD19
It's a good fight, but if Ben falls in the water, it's over.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.