Ryu vs Gen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
The chinese assassin is on the look for the guy that sleeps anywhere. Eventually the 2 meet in a dark alley. No introductions are needed. They both know what is going to happen.

Bloodlust. No CIS.

http://www.slateman.net/images/potm/ryu-sf2comic_big.jpg

vs

http://sfgalleries.net/art/sfa2/series2/gen.jpg

Discuss.

Nemesis X
I have no idea who Gen is.

Ryu wins anyway because anyone he encounters gets owned.

Voyeur
kek...you don't know who Gen is but you know who Ryu is? -.-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gen_(Street_Fighter)

I don't care for SF enough to get to much into detail.

nah, I think Gen would win actually due to experience, knowledge and wisdom along with some other feats through some of the series thought Ryu would put up an awesome fight and be hard to take down.

Darkstorm Zero
Gen's stalemated Gouki in deathmatches more than once. I think he can take Pre SF3 Ryu fairly well in most cases. Post SF3 though, he may run into problems...

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I have no idea who Gen is.

Ryu wins anyway because anyone he encounters gets owned.

Gen is portrayed as a martial artist who according to the game's backstory, works as an assassin as well. Gen can switch between two fighting styles during gameplay: the Mourning Style and the Hateful Style, also known as the Mantis and Crane styles respectively. He changes not only his fighting stance and basic moves, but his special moves and Super Combos as well.

In the storyline of the Alpha series, Gen is a terminally ill assassin who seeks to fight Akuma as his last opponent before dying. Gouki attempted the Shungokusatsu on Gen and failed.

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Gen's stalemated Gouki in deathmatches more than once. I think he can take Pre SF3 Ryu fairly well in most cases. Post SF3 though, he may run into problems...

How well do you think Ryu will fare against him? I'm using SF3 Ryu. but not post Oro training(I hate speculating) I think the fight would be a good one. Does Ryu have what it takes to last long enough for Gen's illness to start taking its toll on him?

I am who I am
Current Ryu beats current Gen. Gen is old and sick. If he wasn't, I think he would beat Ryu.

Zack Fair
Gen was already old and sick when Gouki fought him in Alpha confused

Darkstorm Zero
Current Ryu could win with marginal ease. he made current Gouki reveal all his power. Thats a massive step up for Ryu.

I am who I am
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Gen was already old and sick when Gouki fought him in Alpha confused Now he's OLDER AND SICKER. How this guy has stayed alive so long is beyond me.

TricksterPriest
Sheer ****ing willpower. Gen's basically living on pure spite and his desire for a deathmatch with Gouki.

Assuming that anime where Gouki fights Ryu, followed by Ken joining up and ending with Gouken punching a waterfall, is canon, then they have met once.

It showed Gen carrying a semi conscious Ryu somewhere. I could be wrong however, and might be mistaking him for Gouken. stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sheer ****ing willpower. Gen's basically living on pure spite and his desire for a deathmatch with Gouki.

Assuming that anime where Gouki fights Ryu, followed by Ken joining up and ending with Gouken punching a waterfall, is canon, then they have met once.

It showed Gen carrying a semi conscious Ryu somewhere. I could be wrong however, and might be mistaking him for Gouken. stick out tongue

That promo is definitely canon. I watched Ties that Bind again and when Ryu talks about him being an orphan; being found by Gotetsu; trained by Gouken and Gouki killing Gouken they use scenes from the promo as flashbacks. So I'd say its safe to say its canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.