Link vs Cloud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KakashiKun
Link and Cloud.
Who wins?

Gumachi
Probably Link.

KakashiKun
wow, Link is wining everything.

fascistcrusader
Cloud via speedblitz and superior swordsmanship.

Gumachi
When I say "probably", I mean there's still a possibility Cloud can win also. I don't mean Link just up and wins.

Ultimate Wil
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Cloud via speedblitz and superior swordsmanship.

ScreamPaste
Link throws a small rock at him and he dies.

Nactous
Link, because he has the power of a goddess on his side.

Voyeur
Link's Feats

strength:

As to strength, Let me math.. He lifted a stone pillar resmebling black granite closest (a VERY heavy stone known for being retardedly heavy.)

granit article v
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~rmr/definition.html

an old reference says an "average" granite has a density of about 166.5 lb. per cubic foot, or about 2.6 times what the same volume of water would weigh. If its what commercial stone dealers call a "black granite" the density would likely be much higher."

http://i44.tinypic.com/15pg4g3.jpg

K, working with only what we can SEE in this image, let's assume conservatively that Link is slightly above average height, around 6'2" or more seems reasonable, so we'll go with six. this rock is aprox 12208.32 cubic feet in volume. (JUST the visible part in the pic, not including the top half.) Now, if that means the average weight of white granite is 166.5 lbs per cubic foot... *math* 2032685.28 Lbs. That's the weight of JUST the visible portion of the pillar if we assume Link is 6' and the stone is light granite as opposed to black granite.

If a ton is 2000 lbs thats 1016.3 tons. and he THROWS IT.

Now I have to find something on black granite because that's the stone the pillars in OoT closest resemble.
BLACK GRANITE!

"Cambrian Black granite

Absorption by weight: 0.101%

Density: 179 pounds/cubic foot

(2,874 kg/cu.m)

Compressive strength: 22,122 psi (153 Mpa)

Modulus of rupture: 1,868 psi (12.92 Mpa)"

http://www.stoneworld.com/Articles/...000f932a8c0____ <--article.

Math time. 12208.32 (volume in cubic feet) x 179 (lbs per cubic foot) = 2185289.28 lbs. Just the visible portion. Link. Is. Amazing.. I didn't expect it to be THAT heavy.. wtf.. 1096.64 tons. .

Link like many others who are brought up has his own multiple forms to be able to shape shift and his strength as Goron Link is able to take down a Mechanical-Organic giant, super bull with his body alone. Not to mention the giant slabs he is able to punch away with ease while in the dungeon.
-n_xp9eM7HU

endurance:

Link surviving an explosion he took a point blank radius while still inside the Moon, that eventually disintegrated it (this scene is done in slow motion, rainbow is there for happy ending effects) Now 'Dawn of A New Day' is easily translated into only a few minutes time since with the Moon destroyed the Day would be immediate.

Link fell from that height of the Moon after surviving the explosion and the only counter argument to that has been there is no crater where he landed. Well last I checked if a humanoid is dropped from any height, extreme or not, there is no crater of impact because they are not heavy in weight. The explosion radius is clearly contained with in the Moon and so inertia kicks in and is canceled. So force of impact is all with in that moment of explosion, then Link would simply drop from the point there after.
example: suicide victims of 9/11 did not create craters and fell from greater heights.
DeVbMiqVuV0

another one is that as young Link, by only using the Hylian Shield on his back while crouching alone can withstand the pressure and weight of the King Dodongo. That is only his young body with out fully being physically developed it both situations.
dFP7Bded-IQ

Speed;Agility;Reflex:

Also noted in this fight that Majora uses whip based weapons that are able to travel faster then the speed of sound. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_barrier That means those attacks from Majora break the sound barrier, which means they are faster then the speed of sound, and Link can react and dodge them accordingly. Link is faster then the speed of what it takes to break the sound barrier. And thus upon breaking it, and Link showing he can dodge them with ease proves his speed, agility and reflex all in one go. Young Link, Adult Link or any of his forms would all be capable of this respectively.

Link's Items & Weapons
Weapons

I T E M S

Masks aka Other Forms

LINK's abilities:
Link is the hero of time with many abilities.

Link is an exceptional swordsman. His skill with various weapons and items allows him to easily adapt and master each new tool he acquires and employ them in battles. Link shows himself to be an excellent marksman. Including but not restricted to with a Bow and Arrow, Boomerang, Slingshot, HookShot, ClawShot etc. etc.

Link is also very agile, proven as he is able to perform back-flips and somersaults with ease to dodge his enemies' attacks at the very start of his adventures.

Additionally, Link has proven to be very strong physically, as he is usually able to move heavy objects and overpower larger enemies rather easily. Along the fact his power to ride a giant Boar, and his horseback riding skills are impeccable.

In the "Oracle of Seasons", Link is shown to have at least some skills in hand-to-hand combat with the boxing mini-game and in Twilight Princess, he is taught the art of sumo wrestling by the mayor of Ordon Village; proving Link isn't completely defenseless without a weapon.

Link even uses magic in the form of spells. On several occasions he has even been able to shape shift into another form including a fairy, bunny, wolf, Deku, Goron, Zora, a Giant, and a Deity.

Finally, he is endowed with the powers of the Triforce of Courage.

The Legend of Zelda
-Sword Beams: able to fire energy blasts from Sword
-Spin Attack: Charged or otherwise, with or with out magical energy released from it, this attack is a circular based one with critical consequence.
(side note: these attacks are also translated and relate to the other titles in which they appear. Same goes for Sword Plant, Rocket Stab, Lunge and so on)

Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
-Shield: (buff) reduces all damage taken by half
-Jump: (buff) Link's jumping abilities are greatly increased
-Life: (buff) Regenerates Health
-Fairy: (buff) Transforms Link into a Fairy
-Fire: (ranged) A ranged fire attack from the Sword
-Reflect: (buff) Nullifies and reflects all attacks
-Spell: (aoe) Transforms all Enemies into a Bot
-Thunder: (aoe) destroys all Enemies.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Bombos: (aoe) creates a giant explosion
Ether: (aoe) immobilize all enemies
Quake: (aoe) creates an earthquake

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Excluded since it's a dream, other wise this Link would be unbeatable.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Din's Fire: (aoe) Creates a dome of intense Fire to disintegrate
Farore's Wind: (buff) Create a Warp Point to teleport at any time
Nayru's Love (buff) Create a protective barrier to reduce damage

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Deku Link: can hover/fly and shoot poison bubbles
Goron Link: unbridled strength & can spin around at extreme velocity
Zora Link: Energy Shield, ranged fins, & unlimited breath under water
Giant Link: need I say more?
Fierce Deity Link: Deity means a god, so yeah =3

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Hidden Skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLg5beoBbAU
-Ending Blow
-Shield Attack
-Back Slice
-Helm Splitter
-Mortal Draw
-Jump Strike
-Great Spin

Super Smahs Bros. Series
Final Smash:
65pkTJHljSI
1Gn1d_qn0vw

The move hits multiple enemies.

SSE:
4_m5AsTPaPw

(side note: being able to side step and dodge Fox's laser is proof he could dodge a bullet. Lets also state that by official translation of Nintendo that Farore's wind can be used as a quick teleportation)

SoulCalibur 2
IaDSWnA-27Q

Illusion Stab Combo, also in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

for the sake of length I have not gone to deeply into each specific Link by assuming all the basics are kept through out each one.

credits: ScreamPaste for Strength feat.
references: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Zeldapedia

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I guess I will get some feats, starting with Twilight Princess Link's phenomenol strength.

Here, while fighting the boss of the Goron Mines, we see Link was able to trip the massive Goron by grabbing his shackles.

Z0Qmx6qKxqM

Now, a more impressive strength feat IMO was actually seen earlier, while fighting the massive Goron sub-boss. Goron's are pure, living rock, and this one is also wearing what appears to be steel battle armor as well, which would make this Goron as much as 30 tons, yet Link at about 50 seconds into the vid was able to grab and throw the Goron out of the arena.

vEFiRew2Ef8

Now, I personally don't like it, but this is another of Link's strength feats, actually able to match, and at times overpower Ganondorf in a sword lock, despite Ganon's much greater size.

Bx0Yfg6EasQ

Voyeur
Needless to say I think Link would win this because I haven't seen anything Cloud has done that is really all that amazing. This is since he's restricted to a few games.

I believe you aren't allowed to bring up anything he's done via the movie or other affiliations.

but there's the facts with Link.

CosmicComet
Link wins via much greater durability, strength and competitive reaction time.

Cloud unlike Dante doesn't have any regeneration, is penetrable by bullets and is more of a close range fighter, so I say this is an easier win for Link. Not easy of course, but easier.

Voyeur
Link could KITE him.

I am who I am
Cloud, he's way to fast and powerful wit his blades.

King-Fingolfin
Cloud uses his assortment of PIS attacks to wtfshitstomp Link.

Shaggs
Cloud is gay and so are all the Final Fantasy games.

Link stomps. Easily.

XanatosForever
I don't know, guys. If we're supposed to base feats from game only, could we not consider Cloud's potential to defeat the Weapons? Those things are sure as hell not easy to take down, either.

KakashiKun
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I don't know, guys. If we're supposed to base feats from game only, could we not consider Cloud's potential to defeat the Weapons? Those things are sure as hell not easy to take down, either.
Well technically, he's been having help with those. Like two aother people.

XanatosForever
erm That's a good point. I suppose Link does win this, then.

Terryc250
If Cloud Omnislashes Link, he's dead. It stated that the speed of Omnislash is "blink of an eye" speed.

ScreamPaste
Good thing Link's proven faster than that, and Omnislash has no feats to suggest it can kill Link.

Terryc250
Well it killed Sephiroth who has instant regeneration, it killed him because Omnislash is not even physical, and really has no properties, it was just a plot move to kill whatever it lands on. The only thing i can think it does is that it cuts through the soul multiple times.

Oh, and it also renders the opponent Immobile before it lands.

ScreamPaste
There's no proof of any of that, Terry.

Besides, Cloud needs to get real fired up to do that, and Link can oneshot him before that happens. Every one of Link's swings is a one shot, Cloud has one special one saved up somewhere with no feats to show it could harm Link.

Seph's regen=/= durability. I could stab wolverine, hed just heal, it'd still hurt him. Same seems to apply to Seph.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Terryc250
Well it killed Sephiroth who has instant regeneration, it killed him because Omnislash is not even physical, and really has no properties, it was just a plot move to kill whatever it lands on. The only thing i can think it does is that it cuts through the soul multiple times.

Oh, and it also renders the opponent Immobile before it lands. no proof for seph's regeneration he need the clone.

Terryc250
Originally posted by Phanteros
no proof for seph's regeneration he need the clone.

Huh? The "clones" were simply parts of Jenova, in which Sephiroth after FF7 became the core entity.

Right from the UOG:

"Due to its amazing regeneration capabilities, Jenova's divided cells reunite to become one again."\

Statement from the Reunion Files:

"One of the properties Jenova possesses is that separated pieces of flesh, called cells, will regenerate back to their original form"

Now lets look at this logically, throughout FF7 game (while Sephiroth is ALIVE), Sephiroth used pieces of Jenova, each piece would fully transform into Sephiroth, Sephiroth being the new Jenova. Does the mass of the arm, or the mass of the leg equal up to Sephiroth? No. So how does he transform? Easily, he uses part of Jenovas ability stated from above, REGENERATION. He regenerates his original arms, legs, ever appearance, even his sword, from a piece of Jenova leg or arm.

Now in AC, Sephiroth is dead, he cannot do anything with the Jenova cells, which is his power. What he can do is guide his spirit body (stated by the UOG that the trio were Spirit bodies) to take in Jenova's cells, in that box. That would revive Sephiroth. So once Kadaj took in the cells, what happens? The same thing he has been doing in FF7, he fully regenerates his arm, legs, his entire being, even his sword. It wouldn't have made a difference if Kadaj was a midget, a 50 lb kid, or a dog the size of an arm, or anything, as long as the Jenova cells were there, he would regenerate his full form.

Terryc250
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
There's no proof of any of that, Terry.

Besides, Cloud needs to get real fired up to do that, and Link can oneshot him before that happens. Every one of Link's swings is a one shot, Cloud has one special one saved up somewhere with no feats to show it could harm Link.

Seph's regen=/= durability. I could stab wolverine, hed just heal, it'd still hurt him. Same seems to apply to Seph.

And everyone of Clouds swings is a one shot as well, Link cannot survive decapitation.

And if you're making some kind of Amalgan Link, then I could make an Amalgan Cloud with all his best materia and equipment, which can basically make him immortal.

ScreamPaste
Lol, no. Cloud cannot one shot any form of Link.

I'm only using OoT Link, who easily one shots Cloud, I've never seen anythign out of Cloud to show strength on par with Link's durability. How would cloud decapitate someone who can tank hits that not only cut stone, but utterly disintegrate it? Or tank the destruction of the MOON at ground zero?

Edit: An amalgam Link would make this beyond spite even vs an amalgam Cloud which is what I was expecting anyway tbh.

Terryc250
Can you show me Link tanking a moon explosion?

ScreamPaste
Voyeur posted it already.

Terryc250
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Voyeur posted it already.
he posted a 16 minute video clip which I don't feel like watching all of, so perhaps tell me the time frame?

Voyeur
Originally posted by Terryc250
he posted a 16 minute video clip which I don't feel like watching all of, so perhaps tell me the time frame?
from 3:36 to 5:15

and my summary and description of the scene should of been enough but make sure to read that while viewing over the clip.

And you should probably stick to the Sephiroth one, since he's much more of an amusing challenge then Cloud. You yourself Cloud is nothing except PSI and really has nothing in his case besides it.

Omnislash btw is clearly physical.

Omni would translate to multiple

Slash; noun
to cut with a violent sweeping stroke or by striking violently and at random, as with a knife or sword.

With the very move at hand broken down, it is as clear as day that it is a physical attack. I'm also guess that Omnislashes damage relies on the strength of the character, not materia. It in no, way, shape or form translates into being a move that transcends into a soul based damaging move.

It just is a bunch of really fancy, fast, slashes with the cliche anime bull shit of slicing through something that doesn't fall apart immediately.

So Link could Block with his Shield. Or put up Nayru's love, and earlier you said Farore's Wind can't be instant cast, well it can. Clearly with Link would be able to set it up while on the run and port back to a point later if you want to be anal of its restrictions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.