Colossus vs Hulk: Durability Against Piercing Attacks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who is more resistant to being pierced?

Sin I AM
in b4 close

lol colossus dude I mean come on hulk bleeds in like every encounter

Enyalus
What the lady said.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Sin I AM
in b4 close

SoulDevourer
if Hulk not angry enuff : Colossus definitly

KingD19
Hulk has blunt force durability out of this world, and so does Colossus, but Hulks skin ain't made outa metal that is virtually indestructible, which is why he has a healing factor. He's been pierced, slashed, cut, many many times.

616 Colossus has been pierced twice to my knowledge, and one he became impervious to, the other, was some qausi-mystic, alien crap.

The only time I've even seen 616 Colossus bleed was when Cassandra Nova had him thinking he was fighting Sebastian Shaw, and that was a single drip out his nose.

Ulitmates doesn't count, but he completely resisted Logan's attack the first time, and was only affected after Banshee had him on the verge of collapse.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Starscream M
Who is more resistant to being pierced? most people missed the part where you wrote "piercing attacks" apparently.

it's kind of hard to answer since hulks come in different flavors, and in some stories, even wolverine couldn't cut him.

but on average, colosus seems more cut resistant, but if he actually got cut by like a lightsaber or something, he wouldn't be able to heal the damage hulk could. same maybe goes for adamantium blades (speculation).

so imo, colossus' overall hardness is balanced out by the hulk's regeneration.

The Nuul
in b4 close

jinzin
I fail to see an embarassment here Starscream...

I see several people nutswinging on a random statement that makes no examples to speak of and KingD19 who poses a legitimate argument that Colussus is durable but in no way shows that he's more durable than WWH. erm

Oh WAIT! This thread isn't about WWH which WAS what we were talking about before... God... do you even think before you engage in random acts of stupidity or do you just do it on instinct alone?

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
most people missed the part where you wrote "piercing attacks" apparently.

it's kind of hard to answer since hulks come in different flavors, and in some stories, even wolverine couldn't cut him.

but on average, colosus seems more cut resistant, but if he actually got cut by like a lightsaber or something, he wouldn't be able to heal the damage hulk could. same maybe goes for adamantium blades (speculation).

so imo, colossus' overall hardness is balanced out by the hulk's regeneration. hf is not relevant in this discussion as I happily acknowledge that hulk's hf is light years beyond piotr's

but it is my opinion that colossus has FAR better pierce resistance than hulk

Starscream M
Originally posted by jinzin
I fail to see an embarassment here Starscream...

I see several people nutswinging on a random statement that makes no examples to speak of and KingD19 who poses a legitimate argument that Colussus is durable but in no way shows that he's more durable than WWH. erm hmmm, so far everyone has said colossus is either more resistant or at least as resistant as hulk...that would be a landslide, my dear watson

jinzin
What the f**k? You don't know that there's a difference between a pissed off World War Hulk and pretty much every other Hulk out there do you?

Enyalus
Originally posted by jinzin
What the f**k? You don't know that there's a difference between a pissed off World War Hulk and pretty much every other Hulk out there do you?

Plus the poll is currently 4 to 3. erm Not a landslide.

Sin I AM
lmao @ nut swinging. I don't think Hulks hf should be factored in when discussing durability. say for example, a steel spear weighing a thousand pounds was fired at both bruce and rasputin with say ten thousand pounds of force. hulk would be punctured whereas piotr would not. there is no need for scans or on panel evidence when common knowledge about characters powersets is evident.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Enyalus
What the lady said. the chick also forgot that hulk has a healing factor. hulk has taken out juggernaut before. colossus would get raped by juggy

psycho gundam
hf is not relevant in this discussion as I happily acknowledge that hulk's hf is light years beyond piotr's

but it is my opinion that colossus has FAR better pierce resistance than hulk i agree that colossus is more cut resistance, only because hulk is not stable. like i said earlier, in one arc even logan's claws were useless against his skin. if you were to only use that incarnation, hulk wins without question.

Starscream M
in one arc even logan's claws were useless against his skin. which arc was that? im suspecting PIS here. Wolverine has always been able to pierce hulk, with relative ease. Marvel is not stupid enough to have logan wolverine be one of the all time battle duos if Logan had no means of hurting hulk.

KingD19
When Hulk and Juggernaut fought, the only times I can remember that Hulk definitely won, was when Hulk was amped by Celestial tech, and when WWH moved and let Juggs run into the lake. Colossus has held his own with Juggernaut, he loses every time, but he never gets raped. It's like Strong Guy trying to fight Sentry or Wonder Man, he can hold his own and get some good hits in, but he will lose eventually.

Enyalus
Originally posted by chomperx9
the chick also forgot that hulk has a healing factor. hulk has taken out juggernaut before. colossus would get raped by juggy

So?

Durability is entirely different from Healing Factor.

jinzin
lmao @ nut swinging. Yeah I heard that song earlier this week and it's been stuck in my head. sad

snoopdogg
X-Cutioner f*cked Colossus up with his axe or whatever that was. But I think that employed various alien tech iirc.

Sin I AM
the chick also forgot that hulk has a healing factor. hulk has taken out juggernaut before. colossus would get raped by juggy

WTF does Juggernaut have to do with anything? those are different circumstances. Hulks strength is dynamic and his hf allows for him to hang with Juggernaut. Colossus unfortunately for the xman has a plateau, and cain will trump him everytime. However this is not what the discussion is about, every incarnation of Hulk I've seen thus far has shown him being stabbed cut or punctured. its his healing factor that moves at lightning speed to recover the damage. He is infact being cut, he's just healing at a rate that would make the casual observer think otherwise

Starscream M
He is infact being cut, he's just healing at a rate that would make the casual observer think otherwise exactly

in fact hulk has quite low resistance to being cut, even thing is more resistant in that regard

SoulDevourer
didnt hulk resist wolverines claws once? huh

(iirc his claws cut him once and Hulk healed, but in another fight the claws didnt do a anything to him)

chomperx9
WTF does Juggernaut have to do with anything? those are different circumstances. Hulks strength is dynamic and his hf allows for him to hang with Juggernaut. Colossus unfortunately for the xman has a plateau, and cain will trump him everytime. However this is not what the discussion is about, every incarnation of Hulk I've seen thus far has shown him being stabbed cut or punctured. its his healing factor that moves at lightning speed to recover the damage. He is infact being cut, he's just healing at a rate that would make the casual observer think otherwise my point bringing juggernaut into it is that if hulk can take some hard licks from juggy and still stand in the fight that shows hes more durable with muscle. colossus would get his ass kicked anytime by juggy.

Starscream M
my point bringing juggernaut into it is that if hulk can take some hard licks from juggy and still stand in the fight that shows hes more durable with muscle. colossus would get his ass kicked anytime by juggy. and that has what to do with this thread?

snoopdogg
Anybody read Secret Wars? Out of all the heroes Colossus' body was less ravaged from the blast from the uber-Doom. That inlcuded the likes of Thor, Hulk, and Thing. It was more blunt force though.

Starscream M
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Anybody read Secret Wars? Out of all the heroes Colossus' body was less ravaged from the blast from the uber-Doom. That inlcuded the likes of Thor, Hulk, and Thing. It was more blunt force though. yep good point

out of pure durability (meaning without factoring HF), Colossus is the MOST durable being on marvel earth besides classic juggernaut

KingD19
Dude, you do realize this is about resistance to sharp attacks like bullets and blades and what not. Hulks skin and muscle have been pierced a bunch of times, whereas Colossus has not. And we already brought this up, Colossus loses, but in no way does he get his ass kicked.

And yes, in my opinion, Colossus is the most durable mortal human character in Marvel besides Juggs. Wonder Man don't count.

Sin I AM
I recall logan and hulk fighting a wendigo. logan attempted to slash hulk but it appeared to have no effect and logan paid dearly for that mistake. but once he attacked the canadian, he was able to cut him so he changed his tactics and helped fight the wendigo. but I think (correct me if im wrong) that general ross or whoever created the gamma corps, found traces of Hulks blood after that fight and presumably it was because of logans claws. so yet again it appeared as if he wasn't cut but in actuality he was

KingD19
Well, Hulk has been gutted by someone, it may be Logan. To the point that his intestines were hanging out, he put them back in and held them there, and he healed so fast it took him a minute to realize that he'd healed with his hands still inside his body, he had to rip them out and start over.

The Nuul
A super fast HF doesnt count for durability.

Colossus takes this with ease.

KingD19
I know it doesn't count, I was mainly trying to make that point that he had been gutted, the healing was just me explaining the rest of what happened.

DeathKap
my point bringing juggernaut into it is that if hulk can take some hard licks from juggy and still stand in the fight that shows hes more durable with muscle. colossus would get his ass kicked anytime by juggy. Juggernaut was not sliceing or stabing him was he? He was punching an using blunt force. We know Hulk is more impact resistant but we are not talking about that.

D_Dude1210
yep good point

out of pure durability (meaning without factoring HF), Colossus is the MOST durable being on marvel earth besides classic juggernaut

Ultron?

KingD19
Technically, Ultron is a robot, so he doesn't count. I guess you could count Cyber, since his whole body is made of adamantium.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by KingD19
Technically, Ultron is a robot, so he doesn't count. I guess you could count Cyber, since his whole body is made of adamantium.

He said "being" not person/human/living thing/mutant/etc.

Ultron is a sentient machine, so he/she/it counts as a "being". smile

And yes, Cyber should count.

D_Dude1210
Also, Sentry has some pretty good durability feats as well...

KingD19
Well Sentry is usually considered to be up there with cosmic entities, so I don't know if he counts, and you're right Ultron is a runner, but Hulk busted at least a small crack in him, in which Wasp flew in and messed up his circuits. It took WWH to bend Colossus arms back, and it's the first time he's ever been hurt that bad, besides getting hit by Pete Wisdom's knives.

D_Dude1210
Well Sentry is usually considered to be up there with cosmic entities, so I don't know if he counts, and you're right Ultron is a runner, but Hulk busted at least a small crack in him, in which Wasp flew in and messed up his circuits. It took WWH to bend Colossus arms back, and it's the first time he's ever been hurt that bad, besides getting hit by Pete Wisdom's knives.

What the f**k?

KingD19
Well, he was stated to have stalemated Galactus by Spidey, though it could have been a rumor. He did break Terrax's axe, and wailed on WW Hulk, something Surfer couldn't do. I'd say his abilities, plus his feats make him at least high end top tier, among Gladiator and Hyperion.

snoopdogg
Didn't Wonder Man crush Ulton's head?

KingD19
Did he? If you have a scan I would love to see it, it sounds teh awesome.

D_Dude1210
Retconned to be secondary adamantium.

snoopdogg
Did he? If you have a scan I would love to see it, it sounds teh awesome. Don't know for sure, one of the @ssclowns at Herochat stated this without a scan or issue.

KingD19
Well then that makes the writers liars. Because only Ultrons joints are supposed to be Secondary, limbs and his head and body are supposed to be Primary.

D_Dude1210
Let's not derail the discussion, tho. Colossus obviously has higher durability vs piercing attacks vs Hulk's base level durability. It's not even a question or comparison. stick out tongue

It's just that Colossus IS NOT the most durable being in Marvel Earth second only to the Juggernaught. ;P There are obviously a few others who are more durable...

D_Dude1210
Well then that makes the writers liars. Because only Ultrons joints are supposed to be Secondary, limbs and his head and body are supposed to be Primary.

You're telling me..! stick out tongue I'm still pissed at them for the whole Beyonder Retcon BS...!

KingD19
Okay, then yes, you're right. And I will say that Colossus is the most durable regular human without augmentation besides Juggernaut. Cyber had to be given his adamantium exoskeleton, Colossus was born with his powers. Well technically, he is the most durable mutant human without augmentations, since Juggs is an avatar of the god or raw power, and Cyber had to pay for his skin, etc...

And writers sometimes suck monkey balls.

D_Dude1210
Okay, then yes, you're right. And I will say that Colossus is the most durable regular human without augmentation besides Juggernaut. Cyber had to be given his adamantium exoskeleton, Colossus was born with his powers.

Colossus is not a regular human, he's a mutant.

Juggernaught has had augmentation. The gem.

Isn't semantics grand? big grin

KingD19
Indeed it is, but check my post again. HAHA!!!! big grin

D_Dude1210
Indeed it is, but check my post again. HAHA!!!! big grin

Haha! Fast acting edit button, eh? :P Alryt. ^_^

KingD19
Actually, I went back and edited that before I saw your response, but considering how it looks, I won't mind if I'm not believed, but it's all in good fun. Happy Dance

I just have to ask this, did you see the new South Park episode?

D_Dude1210
Actually, I went back and edited that before I saw your response, but considering how it looks, I won't mind if I'm not believed, but it's all in good fun. Happy Dance

I just have to ask this, did you see the new South Park episode?

W/c one? stick out tongue

KingD19
The one with the Jonas Brothers, the one that came on last night. 1st season 13 episode.

D_Dude1210
sad we're a little late with south park episodes where i live...!

KingD19
Awww, you're in Austria, or however you say it. LOL, well, whenever you see it, it will have you laughing till you're eyes pop out of your head.

D_Dude1210
big grin

KingD19
Yes, you'll look like that, because your eyes will be empty sockets from laughing so hard.

D_Dude1210
Cool! Will be sure to check it out. smile

KingD19
You better check it out, or I'll have the writers retcon you.

D_Dude1210
That.. would hurt..!

DeathKap
This is a colossus an Hulk thread, not south park lol. Pm each other.

KingD19
Yeah, I'd imagine so. I would have them write it so you really did live in Austria, and your name would be...Hans Nudlestrufen.

Raoul
in b4 close

psycho gundam
if his nose or mouth bleeds it's not the same, ant it was clearly stated that only adamantium weaponry could penetrate the hulk's skin, and even that has been shaky at times.

what logan tried to do:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9595/wo28lucybutlerdcp020gu2.jpg

the later result in a couple more pages:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/328/wo28lucybutlerdcp026zt7.jpgLOL!!!!111

my god these are huge scans.......shit.

Naija boy
whoa whoa whoa. Ive seen a whole lot of nonsense in this thread. Collosus the second most durable on marvel earth after classic juggs? Thing more durable than hulk? Please lets not go to far here. At some levels of rage collosus is indeed harder than hulk(low levels) but given sufficient anger Hulk is definitely harder.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Naija boy
whoa whoa whoa. Ive seen a whole lot of nonsense in this thread. Collosus the second most durable on marvel earth after classic juggs? Thing more durable than hulk? Please lets not go to far here. At some levels of rage collosus is indeed harder than hulk(low levels) but given sufficient anger Hulk is definitely harder.

Homo.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Homo. laughing out loud

The Nuul

So, Hulk also raises his durability when hes mad??? He cant do that, its just a super fast HF and writers inconsistency.

Raoul
Homo.

laughing out loud

seriously though. if starscream didn't say otherwise, this is current hulk (from loeb's series) at base level vs colossus.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by The Nuul
So, Hulk also raises his durability when hes mad??? He cant do that, its just a super fast HF and writers inconsistency. Actually, it's been outright stated that Hulk's rage increases his durability in addition to his strength.

Serious Impact
Colossus wins on pure resistance to being pierced. If Hulk's resistance increases as he gets angrier, well, he'd have to be WWHulk levels to come close to Colossus' sheer resistance to piercing damage. Even if this were true, I'm basing my opinion on the average Hulk through out the years, not him at his peak, as the OP didn't specify WWHulk.

As for the most durable beings in Marvel, everyone seems to forget about poor old Achilles, from the Pantheon. Aside from his weakness to Gamma radiation, making him pretty useless against the Hulk, the guy was all but completely invulnerable to damage. He ranks up there with the heavy weights in the durability department, even if it was his only real super power. The Juggernaut takes the durability trophy hands down though...for non-cosmic beings anyway.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Raoul
laughing out loud

seriously though. if starscream didn't say otherwise, this is current hulk (from loeb's series) at base level vs colossus.

I thought it was a durability test.

wolverex84
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Actually, it's been outright stated that Hulk's rage increases his durability in addition to his strength.

well right, his durability increases ( how much can you take and still keep going, eg healing factor) not his invulnerability ( how much can you take without being injured), they are two different things, hulk has tough skin (durability) while colossus has hard and dense skin ( invulnerability).. so while hulk's skin is extremely tough...he will be pierced long before colossus gets pierced due to the hardness or stiffness of colossus's skin.

I must dissagree that colossus is not next to juggernaut on the invlunerability scale in MU universe, we still have guys like king hyperion, gladiator, diamond lil ( maybe ), kimura, , captain britain, omerta, radius, unus...etc.

Sin I AM
as far as marvel earth is concerned I believe colossus comes in second behind Juggernaut. Captain Britains powers rely to heavily on his confidence now ala Gladiator to be used.

Mindset
Originally posted by wolverex84
well right, his durability increases ( how much can you take and still keep going, eg healing factor) Hulk has been shown to take attacks better the madder he has gotten. The most recent example I can think of is when he was fighting Wolverine, and Wolverine was having a harder time cutting him as Hulk got madder.

StiltmanFTW
Did he? If you have a scan I would love to see it, it sounds teh awesome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/CrushingUltron.jpg
Credit goes to Adam Warlock.

OneDumbG0
Wolverex: I meant the toughness of his skin and flesh actually get harder, the angrier he gets.
Originally posted by Mindset
Hulk has been shown to take attacks better the madder he has gotten. The most recent example I can think of is when he was fighting Wolverine, and Wolverine was having a harder time cutting him as Hulk got madder. :Up:

wolverex84
Hulk has been shown to take attacks better the madder he has gotten. The most recent example I can think of is when he was fighting Wolverine, and Wolverine was having a harder time cutting him as Hulk got madder.

yes, you are right, i believe he is more durable than colossus but not invulnerable, he gets tougher, his durability is proportional to his level of anger/rage, his most durable incarnation was WWH, the question is how mad must he be to have the same invulnerablility as colossus?

Raoul
I thought it was a durability test.

thats what i meant.

Naija boy
Homo.

sick mad
Over here its an imprisonable offense.

DeathKap
sick mad
Over here its an imprisonable offense. Being Homo?

Thorion
Hulk, obviously.

Colossus hasn't done anything of note, ever.

Naija boy
Originally posted by DeathKap
Being Homo?

Yup. u could get anything from 2-5years(extreme cases could get 14yrs)

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Thorion
Hulk, obviously.

Colossus hasn't done anything of note, ever.

he's cured the legacy virus wink

snoopdogg
he's cured the legacy virus wink He's also lost his virginity to two ladies.

KingD19
He took Shadowcat's virginity, killed Proteus, whooped on Tanaraq, stood up to WWH, fought Champion, etc....

Sin I AM
pis !

KingD19
How are those PIS?

carver9
How are those PIS?

they're not, colossus is a beast and people fail to realize that; especially classic colossus

snoopdogg
Originally posted by carver9
they're not, colossus is a beast and people fail to realize that; especially classic colossus Classic Colossus was pretty tough. But current Colossus is stronger than he was back then.

One of the cooler things he's done recently was slap the New X-Men around with horrific ease.

Sin I AM
How are those PIS?

I was referring to him taking shadowcats virginity wink

KingD19
Until the fight was over and Elixir conked him on the head with a steel girder. That didn't even seem to hurt him much though, even though he was human.

Ahhh, well he did, and he beat it up so good she phased through the bed if I remember correctly.

Mindset

One of the cooler things he's done recently was slap the New X-Men around with horrific ease. Didn't Gambit and Mystique do that too?

snoopdogg
Didn't Gambit and Mystique do that too? Don't care.

Mindset
Don't care. Why not?

KingD19
Because this thread is about Colossus and Hulk, not Gambit and Mystique?

snoopdogg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossusvsHellion.jpg

Mindset
Because this thread is about Colossus and Hulk, not Gambit and Mystique? And?

Sin I AM
owned !

no not really but beating the new x men ain't really awe-inspiring

KingD19
I was guessing that was why Snoop didn't care about Gambit and Mystique, which is why I put a question mark at the end.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by carver9
they're not, colossus is a beast and people fail to realize that; especially classic colossus Classic Colossus was one-shotted and nearly killed by a depowered Wrecker's crowbar whack to the ribs in Secret Wars. Current Colossus had his arms bent like spoons by WWH. Sometimes... his durability isn't that hot....

snoopdogg
Classic Colossus was one-shotted and nearly killed by a depowered Wrecker's crowbar whack to the ribs in Secret Wars. Current Colossus had his arms bent like spoons by WWH. Sometimes... his durability isn't that hot.... Wrecker one-shotted the Hulk back in the day also. Wrecker was afraid Colossus was going to kill him and his teamates so he wacked him from behind......with a powerful Asgardian weapon.

OneDumbG0
Wrecker one-shotted the Hulk back in the day also. Wrecker was afraid Colossus was going to kill him and his teamates so he wacked him from behind. A Wrecker who shared his power with the Wrecking Crew one-shotted Hulk? When?

snoopdogg
A Wrecker who shared his power with the Wrecking Crew one-shotted Hulk? When? It's in Mungi's respect thead. Hulk was out cold iirc from a dead on shot.

Sin I AM
wreckers crowbar is a pretty nice weapon I don't see that as a low showing, almost like getting hit with mjolnir

KingD19
And WWH ko'd Wolverine, took Black Bolt's full scream, f'd up just about everybody else who fought him. He even caved in Things face and left She-Hulk praying to god, he stomped everybody. That's not a good showing for anyone against WWH. Just recently Colossus took on Hulk and held his own, even launched him.

snoopdogg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Defenders_019_04.jpg

Mindset
I was guessing that was why Snoop didn't care about Gambit and Mystique, which is why I put a question mark at the end. Are you his spokesman?

Mindset
And WWH ko'd Wolverine, took Black Bolt's full scream, f'd up just about everybody else who fought him. He even caved in Things face and left She-Hulk praying to god, he stomped everybody. That's not a good showing for anyone against WWH. Just recently Colossus took on Hulk and held his own, even launched him. Herc had a pretty good showing against WWH, seeing as he wasn't even fighting back and only have a bruised face.

That BB was a skrull btw.

iceman24567
Herc had a pretty good showing against WWH, seeing as he wasn't even fighting back and only have a bruised face.

That BB was a skrull btw. thumb up

snoopdogg
3 punches and Herc. looked like Rocky at the end of Rocky II. Good thing he wasn't fighting back.

KingD19
Nope, not his spokesman, you just asked why and I gave my answer.

I know it was a Skrull and Herc wasn't fighting back, but Hulk still whooped on everybody. The fact that Colossus even lasted more than one page is a miracle. And if the Hulk compliments you, then you're pretty good.

Mindset
3 punches and Herc. looked like Rocky at the end of Rocky II. Good thing he wasn't fighting back. Herc would have won, like Rocky.

BUSTER1
Colossus' durability against piercing attacks beats Hulks, but Hulk can take a lot more b4 he goes down, due to his greater strength and hf

psycho gundam
Originally posted by The Nuul
So, Hulk also raises his durability when hes mad??? He cant do that, its just a super fast HF and writers inconsistency. his muscles get harder and he gains more mass when he gets angrier.

wolverex84
his muscles get harder and he gains more mass when he gets angrier.

very true..

Grinning Goku
Colossus definitely.

StiltmanFTW
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Defenders_019_04.jpg

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon5.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus
yep good point

Thor, Silver Surfer, Gladiator (When not jobbing) etc. can withstand much more than what Colossus can.

Same goes for Hercules when he isn't being toned down but to a lesser degree.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor, Silver Surfer, Gladiator (When not jobbing) etc. can withstand much more than what Colossus can.

Same goes for Hercules when he isn't being toned down but to a lesser degree.

Well to be fair, they DID say Marvel Earth. SS and Glad aren't in Earth atm.

And I haven't seen any solid feats about Herc and Thor's durability against piercing attacks that outshines that of Colossus'. Their durability against blunt/energy/force/impact attacks are easily better, tho.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Well to be fair, they DID say Marvel Earth. SS and Glad aren't in Earth atm.

And I haven't seen any solid feats about Herc and Thor's durability against piercing attacks that outshines that of Colossus'. Their durability against blunt/energy/force/impact attacks are easily better, tho.

Well, they have been on Earth a great deal.

What do you mean solid feats?

Taking heavy artillery etc. unharmed?

That hasn't been a problem for say Thor.

Thor hasn't been pierced through conventional weaponry etc.

I doubt he has been pierced more than a few times. I can only think of one or so moments. The time with Desak who used his weapons to attack Thor. Of course that was Desak.

There is no real way to rate this but based of overall durability feats, they trump Colossus rather extremely.

Also the dude, said out of pure durability Colossus is the most durable on Earth next to the Juggernaut and I know that isn't true.

D_Dude1210
Well, they have been on Earth a great deal.

What do you mean solid feats?

Taking heavy artillery etc. unharmed?

That hasn't been a problem for say Thor.

Thor hasn't been pierced through conventional weaponry etc.

I doubt he has been pierced more than a few times. I can only think of one or so moments. The time with Desak who used his weapons to attack Thor. Of course that was Desak.

There is no real way to rate this but based of overall durability feats, they trump Colossus rather extremely.

Also the dude, said out of pure durability Colossus is the most durable on Earth next to the Juggernaut and I know that isn't true.

Well, I agree with you dude. Colossus is high up there but nowhere is he the second most durable being in Marvel Earth.

They fail to mention: Sentry, Ultron, Cyber and perhaps many others.

But in terms of Thor or Herc's durability against piercing attacks.... artillery, tank shells, bullets, missles are not piercing weapons but blunt/impact/heat/energy based damage (unless you use armor-piercing bullets/shells). And I mentioned that Thor and Herc easily has the advantage in ALL of these durability-wise (Hulk, too). 'Cept that in terms of piercing attacks (Wolvie's claws, swords, daggers, spears, etc.), I haven't seen all that many high end feats from Thor (w/o his armor) or Herc...

Mindset
Why did you include Wolverine's claws with swords and daggers?

D_Dude1210
Why did you include Wolverine's claws with swords and daggers?

Cuz those are piercing/slashing weapons? :-/

Mindset
Except it isn't a good indicator of the durability to piercing damage since it is pretty much the sharpest/strongest weapon in Marvel...

They could be able to resist damage from the other weapons and still be hurt by his claws.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, I agree with you dude. Colossus is high up there but nowhere is he the second most durable being in Marvel Earth.

They fail to mention: Sentry, Ultron, Cyber and perhaps many others.

But in terms of Thor or Herc's durability against piercing attacks.... artillery, tank shells, bullets, missles are not piercing weapons but blunt/impact/heat/energy based damage (unless you use armor-piercing bullets/shells). And I mentioned that Thor and Herc easily has the advantage in ALL of these durability-wise (Hulk, too). 'Cept that in terms of piercing attacks (Wolvie's claws, swords, daggers, spears, etc.), I haven't seen all that many high end feats from Thor (w/o his armor) or Herc...

Well Wolverine's claws are Adamantium and I do believe Adamantium can cut Thor, Superman etc. if enough physical force is put behind it.

Things like spears, daggers etc. are useless against Thor just as they would be against Superman.

I mean, he took the Cosmic Stormbreaker axe to the chest and was unharmed I believe.

That alone should automatically place him steps above Colossus, penetration wise.

I haven't seen anything of conventional power ever penetrate Thor, be it, in or out of his armor. I can only think of probably 2 occasions where Thor has ever been penetrated by anything. I could be forgetting some issues but I don't think I am.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_Bulletsuseless.jpg

Thor is leagues above Colossus on all levels of durability. For some reason people assume that Thor is like Wonder Woman and can be hurt by bullets etc. Those are nothing to him.

psycho gundam
colossus is made of organic steel, he should be more or less just as durable as the strongest steel.

D_Dude1210
Except it isn't a good indicator of the durability to piercing damage since it is pretty much the sharpest/strongest weapon in Marvel...

They could be able to resist damage from the other weapons and still be hurt by his claws.

Well, I was simply pointing them out less as a means of measurement but a means of describing what kind of attacks may fall into that category.

Also, ppl stated many times that Colossus has managed to shrug off Wolvie's claws...

Mindset
Well, I was simply pointing them out less as a means of measurement but a means of describing what kind of attacks may fall into that category.

Also, ppl stated many times that Colossus has managed to shrug off Wolvie's claws... And how many scans have they posted along with these statements?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Also, ppl stated many times that Colossus has managed to shrug off Wolvie's claws...

When has Colossus shrugged of Wolverine's claws?

D_Dude1210
And how many scans have they posted along with these statements?

Well, it WAS in the respect thread. Or at least listed there. The scanz are goooonez, tho.

Again, mentioned it less as a means of measurement but a means of describing what kind of attacks may fall into that category.

Starscream M

Thor is leagues above Colossus on all levels of durability. I'm pretty sure Thor have bled much more than Colosuss ever has.

psycho gundam
I'm pretty sure Thor have bled much more than Colosuss ever has. colossus doesn't necessarily bleed like a normal person does in armour form.

he did almost die once when he was frozen to -200 or so degrees then quickly heated up to approximately 1000 degrees by pyro. his outer body cracked and he had to be healed by the morlock named...healer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm pretty sure Thor have bled much more than Colosuss ever has.

While Colossus gets layed out by beings like Juggernaut, Thor has gotten attacked by Odin, Thanos, Silver Surfer, etc. in the past and hasn't bleed.

He has been hit by planet destroying blasts, etc. and hasn't bleed if I recalled. He has been hit by Banner less Hulk multiple times and hasn't bleed.

While high and low temperatures have gotten the best of Peter, Thor has been able to survive in the core of the Sun unharmed, in space etc.

Something that could harm Thor in any significant way can most likely kill Colossus simply enough.

Are you honestly trying to compare the two physically?

Colossus probably can't even bleed as a we normally perceive as his body tissue becomes organic steel does it not?

Starscream M
While Colossus gets layed out by beings like Juggernaut, Thor has gotten attacked by Odin, Thanos, Silver Surfer, etc. in the past and hasn't bleed.

He has been hit by planet destroying blasts, etc. and hasn't bleed if I recalled. He has been hit by Banner less Hulk multiple times and hasn't bleed.

Something that could make Thor bleed, would be able to take Colossus' head off.

Are you honestly trying to compare the two physically?

It's almost as bad as the time you said Juggernaut is more durable than a Cosmic Being like Galactus. yes Colossus is far more durable than thor in terms of pierce damage

the fact that you would even debate that is laughable

you're a joke

Mindset
Juggs took Thor's Godblast

Galactus was hurt by Thing

You be the judge. uhuh

Starscream M
Juggs took Thor's Godblast

Galactus was hurt by Thing

You be the judge. uhuh I know you're being sarcastic, but its actually a good point

Rage.Of.Olympus
yes Colossus is far more durable than thor in terms of pierce damage

the fact that you would even debate that is laughable

you're a joke

I'm a joke.

What are you basing that on?

When has Colossus taken something that Thor could not?

Why do you act as this is some sort of fact?

When has Colossus taken attacks that would clearly cut right through Thor, or when has Thor been severely damage by attacks that would clearly not harm Colossus?

There has been no such showings. Based on past experience, Thor is extremely superior to Colossus in practically every way.

I'm a joke?

Who was the one who said Juggernaut is more durable than Galactus, a cosmic entity who doesn't even have a real pure physical body as we perceive?

Oh that's right, it was you....

laughing

Mindset
I know you're being sarcastic, but its actually a good point Actually, no, it isn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know you're being sarcastic, but its actually a good point

It's called context.

Starscream M
Actually, no, it isn't. actually it is

it shows that Galactus is able to be harmed (regardless of how insignificant) whereas Juggernaut really isn't able to be harmed at all

a guy who takes .000001 damage still loses durability contest to a guy who takes 0 damage

Juggernaut took zero damage from a godblast, whereas Galactus took some (even if only very little) damage

Starscream M
I'm a joke.

What are you basing that on?

When has Colossus taken something that Thor could not?

Why do you act as this is some sort of fact?

When has Colossus taken attacks that would clearly cut right through Thor, or when has Thor been severely damage by attacks that would clearly not harm Colossus?

There has been no such showings. Based on past experience, Thor is extremely superior to Colossus in practically every way.

I'm a joke?

Who was the one who said Juggernaut is more durable than Galactus, a cosmic entity who doesn't even have a real pure physical body as we perceive?

Oh that's right, it was you....

laughing when has colossus bled?

Mindset
actually it is

it shows that Galactus is able to be harmed (regardless of how insignificant) whereas Juggernaut really isn't able to be harmed at all

a guy who takes .000001 damage still loses durability contest to a guy who takes 0 damage

Juggernaut took zero damage from a godblast, whereas Galactus took some (even if only very little) damage Galactus wasn't actually hurt by Thing, and that was 50-60 years ago...

Starscream M
Galactus wasn't actually hurt by Thing, and that was 50-60 years ago... ok, but he was hurt by thor's godblast, by one of thano's blasts, and other attacks that wouldn't even faze juggernaut though

Mindset
I don't remember Thor actually hitting him with a godblast, only threatening to.

Thanos didn't hurt him, he just blasted through his ship. Same way Juggs has been thrown around, etc.

Starscream M
I don't remember Thor actually hitting him with a godblast, only threatening to.

Thanos didn't hurt him, he just blasted through his ship. Same way Juggs has been thrown around, etc. thor hit him with a godblast and galactus fled...this was in the 70s though, I think

thanos hit him with a blast that sent galactus flying back, bouncing off the ground, with his helmet knocked off, and with scratches (galactus def looked like he got hurt a bit...as opposed to how classic juggernaut just laughs off physical attacks)

Mindset
thor hit him with a godblast and galactus fled...this was in the 70s though, I think

thanos hit him with a blast that sent galactus flying back, bouncing off the ground, with his helmet knocked off, and with scratches (galactus def looked like he got hurt a bit...as opposed to how classic juggernaut just laughs off physical attacks) Galactus didn't look like he got hurt at all.

D_Dude1210
Galactus was annoyed, not hurt.

But with how ppl post on the forums, sometimes, the lines between annoyance and pain are often blurred... :P

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>