Sephiroth vs Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Wil
Sephiroth stomps IMO

I am who I am
Seph

Ultimate Wil
I don't even see how Link could win. He is slower, weaker, and the only good thing he has is a damn light arrow, wow, whoopie.

I am who I am
I find it strange that Link can get so many votes in these threads, yet there aint many peeps willin' to argue his case. Smells like sox to me.

Peach
Originally posted by I am who I am
I find it strange that Link can get so many votes in these threads, yet there aint many peeps willin' to argue his case. Smells like sox to me.

That doesn't even make sense. You know that people can vote in a poll without posting in a thread, right?

Voyeur

ScreamPaste, CosmicComet, WaffleZ, Xanatos, Lootic and myself have all argued in favor of Link's behalf in every VS. thread that has come up about him. Peach herself has told Fascist before we're not socks.

And we have all been called Socks, though we're all separate people with very distinct views

(i.e. I think Link's sexual preference is men & I'm not a fanboy)

Now once again, I'll post the facts and state the truth about Link which you'll all blow off and only listen to Cosmic or Paste any how not to mention that the majority of us have been ignored already because of false accusations.

But Let's start the debate. Link has a lot going for him and Sephiroth has been beaten by Cloud who is pretty unimpressive. What exactly has Seph done?
(don't include Advent Children or Manga BS)

XanatosForever
>.> Anyone else noticing the large amount of threads that try to put Link at odds against people supposedly impossible for him to defeat?

What's that called again? Oh yeah, spite!

To actually contribute to the discussion, though, I'd like some more info about Everybody's Favorite One Winged ***...er, I mean Angel. I played FF 7 but was never able to finish it. I have seen Advent Children, though. So if someone would be kind enough to offer some facts about Sephiroth, then I'll be happy to join in this debate.

ScreamPaste
Link is NOT gay, Voy. FFS.

Lol, I love how the spite threads fail to be spite, Xan. But yeah, people are actively trying to beat Link now, I've noticed it too.

Voyeur
Also lets point out that Sephiroth is so entirely weak that he has been beaten up to at least two times by Sora.

Sora!!

I end my case.

CosmicComet
Lol what's with all these Link vs threads lately? Some of them attempted spites like the Ultimecia one. lol.

Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
I don't even see how Link could win. He is slower, weaker, and the only good thing he has is a damn light arrow, wow, whoopie.

Slower? Sure. But Link is fast enough in reflexes in order to not be blitzed. And being that he is a defensive fighter it reduces much of the need to be toe to toe as fast as Seph.

Weaker? LMAO. Sephiroth's strongest recorded feat is when he impaled Midgar Zolom on a tree.

The largest snake known is the prehistoric Titanoboa. 40-50 feet long and 2,500 lbs.

Here's a scale for reference.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7540/titanoboa.png

Now, Midgar Zolom is noted in the game to be '30 feet tall'. Snakes can raise up half their body length so let's assume Midgar Zolom is 60 feet long.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/7/75/FFVII-MidgarZolom_Death.jpg

Let's say we scale up a 48 foot 2500 lb Titanoboa to 60 feet, same as Midgar Zolom. That's a 25% increase in body size. Which would mean it's weight would be doubled to 5000 lbs. Midgar Zolom appears to be quite a bit bulkier proportionately than a Titanoboa of even equal length, so let's say a 60 foot Midgar Zolom is double the weight at 10,000 lbs.

That's very rough work but that would put Midgar Zolom at 5 tons. I'd accept 8 tons, at best.

5-8 tons is very very light compared to what Oot/MM or TP Link have dealt with. Link is physically stronger than Seph by feats.

Nemesis X
Seph owns this with ease.

Listen up LoZ fans, Link is gonna be another overrated pretty boy like Dante and soon will be hated by people.

Peach
Just like Sephiroth is?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Peach
Just like Sephiroth is?

You did not just go there.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Listen up LoZ fans, Link is gonna be another overrated pretty boy like Dante and soon will be hated by people.

Link wasn't half as respected on this forum not long ago as he appears to be now. Who's fault is it that we have actually been able to argue for Link forcing certain people *cough* to attempt to make Link Vs _blank_ thread after thread in an attempt to spite the character?

I am who I am
That doesn't even make sense. You know that people can vote in a poll without posting in a thread, right? It makes alot of sense. Suddenly there are a number of Link VS theads. Link is gettin' like twice the votes as the other guy wit far less supporters. And most of the guys arguin' for Link, just registered on the 7th, 8th and the 9th.

That may not seem strange to you but whatever. Just makin' an observation. Your the mod...

ScreamPaste

Yes, she did, <3 And I agree 100% with her, lol.

Peach

You cannot in any way deny the fact that Sephiroth is easily the most overrated video game character.

It makes alot of sense. Suddenly there are a number of Link VS theads. Link is gettin' like twice the votes as the other guy wit far less supporters. And most of the guys arguin' for Link, just registered on the 7th, 8th and the 9th.

That may not seem strange to you but whatever. Just makin' an observation. Your the mod...

Yes, and I've told people numerous times to cut it out with the sock accusations because everything checks out clean.

CosmicComet
It makes alot of sense. Suddenly there are a number of Link VS theads. Link is gettin' like twice the votes as the other guy wit far less supporters. And most of the guys arguin' for Link, just registered on the 7th, 8th and the 9th.

Hey. Genius. Yoo hoo!

About the sudden increase in Link VS threads.... you do notice who the hell is making them right? None of the Link supporters, only those trying, and failing might I add, to spite the character.

Secondly, Peach has told you dumb asses how many times now that we are not socks?

You probably have me on ignore anyway, after I blasted you in that last thread. lol.

Nemesis X
You cannot in any way deny the fact that Sephiroth is easily the most overrated video game character.

You cannot in any way deny the fact that Link looks gay with that skirt.

I am who I am
Yes, and I've told people numerous times to cut it out with the sock accusations because everything checks out clean. So you don't find anything about this suspicious?

Peach

Never said anything remotely like that, and it's completely irrelevant.

So you don't find anything about this suspicious?

Doesn't matter. There's absolutely no proof that they're doing anything wrong. So drop it.

ScreamPaste
Lol, who knew that makign Link vs threads hich COME UP ON GOOGLE more often would attract more supporters of that character?

also, yeah, a couple are people I introduced to this site just to show the threads to that ended up joining because they felt liek they needed to prove someone wrong, see Lootic/Voyeur.

That said, wtf how coudl we POSSIBLY be socks, we're all different.

CC makes longer posts than the rest of us, that cover different points than we make, Voyeur spams and thinks Link is a homosexual, Lootic is Swedish and therefore a viking, Xan is humble and polite.. it goes on like that.

ScreamPaste
You cannot in any way deny the fact that Link looks gay with that skirt. It's a tunic, another word for jacket, wear a belt outside your jacket and it will have the same appearance.

furthermore, we're in a thread with Sephiroth and LINK looks gay? I lul at you.

Nemesis X
Never said anything remotely like that, and it's completely irrelevant./B]

You're the one mocking Seph, not me.

Peach
You're the one mocking Seph, not me.

I didn't mock him. I simply stated that he is an extremely overrated character and that if anyone tried to deny that, then they'd have to be delusional.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's a tunic, another word for jacket, wear a belt outside your jacket and it will have the same appearance.

Ah great just what I need, a defender of Link's skirt.

ScreamPaste
I will defend it to the death, Sir! I challenge you to a duel!

Nemesis X
I will defend it to the death, Sir! I challenge you to a duel!

On guard! *sword fight continues*

Minutes later *Nemesis decapitates ScreamPaste*

I win!

ScreamPaste
Psh, show me a feat that says Nemesis can decapitate someone with an e-sword? D:<

Nemesis X
Psh, show me a feat that says Nemesis can decapitate someone with an e-sword? D:<

So by e-sword you mean energy sword?

I am who I am
Never said anything remotely like that, and it's completely irrelevant.

Doesn't matter. There's absolutely no proof that they're doing anything wrong. So drop it. Fine, I was just askin' a question.

I'm glad your just in charge of a section of a forum...

ScreamPaste
Nah, interweb sword.

XanatosForever
On guard! *sword fight continues*

Minutes later *Nemesis decapitates ScreamPaste*

I win!

"OHHHH GOOOD FOR YOU" /Bale

In any case, I still haven't seen anyone put up information on Sephiroth so we can get this debate really under way. Would someone please bring up something so that we have a grounds for feats to compare?

Peach
Fine, I was just askin' a question.

I'm glad your just in charge of a section of a forum...

Why, because there's no evidence that any of the so-called socks actually are, and I've told people to stop spamming threads with comments about it? Or because I've told people to drop it when they've continued to bring it up after I've said to stop?

I guess you've never heard of 'innocent until proven guilty'.

Cyner
I have to say that I do just vote in the thread and then watch, my debating skills are very sub par, and even with a large vocabulary I have a lot of trouble typing out what it is that I want to say.

tldr: I fail at debates

Voyeur

TAKE THIS FROM A GUY NAMED VOYEUR

Voyeur: noun-
A person who derives sexual gratification from observing the naked bodies or sexual acts of others, especially from a secret vantage point.
(aka Voyeurism; e.g. looking up a girl's skirt)

What Link has on is a Tunic. Or in any case a very long shirt with a belt over his waist. Where specifically a skirt is related to a smaller, single article of clothing that starts at the waist and ends any where at Knee level or higher. A dress can start at shoulder blade height and reach down pass the knees and then some.

The most feminine article of clothing you could relate the Tunic Link wears too is perhaps a very over sized blouse, but that isn't the case. Link isn't a transvestite and besides you're going out of your way to make Link seem inferior by such feeble attempts. The very fact in your eyes he even wears something that is girly and is still able to kick Sephiroth's ass should say something more about Sephiroth's own masculinity.

I am who I am
Why, because there's no evidence that any of the so-called socks actually are, and I've told people to stop spamming threads with comments about it? Or because I've told people to drop it when they've continued to bring it up after I've said to stop?

I guess you've never heard of 'innocent until proven guilty'. You have never warned me.This is the 1st time you said anything to me. So someone else must've brought it up too, hmmmm...

I have not spammed a single thread wit this, this is the 1st time I ever said anything about it.

But I'll leave it alone if that's what you want. Just sayin'...

Peach
You have never warned me.This is the 1st time you said anything to me. So someone else must've brought it up too, hmmmm...

I have not spammed a single thread wit this, this is the 1st time I ever said anything about it.

But I'll leave it alone if that's what you want. Just sayin'...

Fasc went on an entire crusade about it the other day. I've run everyone through the sock checker as well as checking their actual IPs. Everything checks out clean.

Suspicions are not enough to get anyone banned. We don't ban for socking without proof, of which there is none. It's really very simple, and I'm getting tired of repeating that.

I am who I am
Fasc went on an entire crusade about it the other day. I've run everyone through the sock checker as well as checking their actual IPs. Everything checks out clean.

Suspicions are not enough to get anyone banned. We don't ban for socking without proof, of which there is none. It's really very simple, and I'm getting tired of repeating that. I did not go on a crusade. That was someone else. Not me.

Voyeur
Is calling us out on something so meaningless as to accuse us of being "socks" the only way you can dream to hope to bring any sort of win to your side of the debate? Really kind of pathetic.

Even if there was some alternate dimension where we were socks, we all seem to bring up very different points, type differently with multiple mannerisms and have other view points from the next.

So how about you drop this effortless attempt at what ever it is and set aside fan boy failure and let the facts, feats and more speak for themselves. We have the math, science, facts and proof behind what Link can do. What can Sephiroth do besides get beat by *smirk* Sora and Cloud?

I am who I am
Originally posted by Voyeur
Is calling us out on something so meaningless as to accuse us of being "socks" the only way you can dream to hope to bring any sort of win to your side of the debate? Really kind of pathetic.

Even if there was some alternate dimension where we were socks, we all seem to bring up very different points, type differently with multiple mannerisms and have other view points from the next.

So how about you drop this effortless attempt at what ever it is and set aside fan boy failure and let the facts, feats and more speak for themselves. We have the math, science, facts and proof behind what Link can do. What can Sephiroth do besides get beat by *smirk* Sora and Cloud? I don't care if your sox or not, just sayin' how strange it seem to me. You need to take this VG character VS VG character less serious.

I can't believe you have Strider as an avatar.

ScreamPaste
Lol, Voy talks like that about everything, in reality he's just a perved out Sheik fan =P and to be fair he's been called a sock approx fifty times since he joined, I'd get pissed too.

Terryc250
The only people who claim Sephiroth is overrated are people who haven't read any of the guides, and played all of the ff7 compilation games while actually paying attention to the dialogue. 90% of the time they just watched the movie and think thats the only thing Sephiroth is capable of, even though it was stated numerous times that he did not exert himself.

Sephiroth beats Link.

Far faster, far stronger, far more deadly power in his arsenal

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Terryc250
The only people who claim Sephiroth is overrated are people who haven't read any of the guides, and played all of the ff7 compilation games while actually paying attention to the dialogue. 90% of the time they just watched the movie and think thats the only thing Sephiroth is capable of, even though it was stated numerous times that he did not exert himself.

Sephiroth beats Link.

Far faster, far stronger, far more deadly power in his arsenal

I was wonderign when you'd show up.

K, where are the feats?

Cyner
Sephiroth is overrated, I've beaten FF7 3 times already(yes I know i have no life) and Link would destroy Seph, jv4'd

XanatosForever
I don't care if your sox or not, just sayin' how strange it seem to me. You need to take this VG character VS VG character less serious.

Hey, here's an idea: Why don't you stop bitching about the already established false possibility of socking, and instead start providing information that will not only get this debate started, but turn it in your favor? If you can't do that, then I have only one thing to quote:

Voyeur
I don't care if your sox or not, just sayin' how strange it seem to me. You need to take this VG character VS VG character less serious.

I'm sorry you have the misconception of having a vocabulary and speaking with intelligence as taking things seriously. We're all here in good fun and sport, theory bull shit at its best because there is no physical way to just disprove it unlike in Super Smash Bros. Series.

Strider Hiryu is a pretty awesome character and Strider 2 was a really fantastic game and combined 2D and 3D very well, not to mention the highest on the tier list in Marvel vs Capcom 2 after the Gods and who I mained. But once again, what you're saying about my avatar is childish and irrelevant to the debate at hand.

*rolls eyes*

I am who I am
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Hey, here's an idea: Why don't you stop bitching about the already established false possibility of socking, and instead start providing information that will not only get this debate started, but turn it in your favor? If you can't do that, then I have only one thing to quote:

Why don't you SFTU and mind your own business? Douche

If you can't do that then you need to...

http://www.chgs.umn.edu/histories/armenian/cartoons/images/GoAway.jpgOriginally posted by Voyeur
I'm sorry you have the misconception of having a vocabulary and speaking with intelligence as taking things seriously. We're all here in good fun and sport, theory bull shit at its best because there is no physical way to just disprove it unlike in Super Smash Bros. Series.

Strider Hiryu is a pretty awesome character and Strider 2 was a really fantastic game and combined 2D and 3D very well, not to mention the highest on the tier list in Marvel vs Capcom 2 after the Gods and who I mained. But once again, what you're saying about my avatar is childish and irrelevant to the debate at hand.

*rolls eyes* Whatever, dude.

And for the record, Strider is one of my all time favs.

Terryc250
Did you pay attention to the dialogue in the game?

Holy is the antithesis of Meteor, and the only power strong enough to stop it, Bugenhagen stated that when it was unleashed the power could destroy everything, meteor, WEAPON, shinra, even themselves (referring to all of mankind) everything would disappear depending on Holys judgement, of what it judges.

Now this power that is atleast as powerful as Meteor, which is planet scale threatening. Sephiroth stopped this with his willpower/telekineses, at the same time he battled the FF7 party and at one point before the battle lifted all 8 members in the air while torturing them.

It was stated that in AC Sephiroth reached a new height in power, meaning FF7 Sephiroth was his 2nd most powerful form, AC is his most powerful.

In AC he gained power over the entity Jenova itself, all the abilities Jenova has/had now belongs to Sephiroth, some that were shown throughout FF7 were
-Becoming intangeable
-Telekinesis
-Instant teleportation
-Telepathy
-Mind reading
-Regeneration
-Creating plagues
-Shapeshifting
-Powerful strength at unknown limits
-Extreme speed
-Disrupting lifeforce
-Bringing himself back to life with willpower

The fact that he infected the lifestream causing it to become the Negative Lifestream (the lifestream was capable of disintegrating Meteor) in the FF7 game it was stated the lifestream was a source of power, life, energy, magic. With the negative lifestream Sephiroth was capable of creating the 3 remnants (power of life) the 3 remnants were capable of using the negative lifestream as magic (using the shadow creeps)

Sephiroth has complete control over the negative lifestream, and was able to cover the entire skies of midgar with just a gesture. If he wanted, he could've just summoned the NL right on Cloud and killed him there. In one part of the AC movie he TK'd the top of the building right ontop of Cloud.

Also, there are powerful characters in the FF7 world, take Chaos Vincent and Weiss for example, Chaos Vincent was able to quake the entire planet with a single blow, they fight basically blinking around instantly DBZ style, Omega Weapon is capable of turning Earth into a wasteland, Sephiroth was stated to be even above them.

Now some of you still might not agree with me that Sephiroth is powerful, however, the creators of FF7 do.

Some quotes right from the creators themselves:

"Kitase said that Sephiroth's existence and will is extremely powerful. There is nothing stronger, nothing above him."

"Sephiroth is already the strongest in the world so there's no room for growth, and we couldn't possibly see ourselves making a game over type situation where he loses"

"Producer Kitase decided that they couldn't make any other character stronger than Sephiroth in the world of FFVII."

Even though we have not seen Sephiroth fight at 100% we have enough information to know how powerful he is capable of being.

ScreamPaste
But Let's start the debate. Link has a lot going for him and Sephiroth has been beaten by Cloud who is pretty unimpressive. What exactly has Seph done?
(don't include Advent Children or Manga BS)

Terryc250
Unlike alot of video game manga, OVA's, Advent Children is canon to the FF7 storyline and is part of the FF7 compilation
(it goes Crisis Core --> FF7 game --> Advent Children --> Dirge of Cerebus)

So they are actual Sephiroth feats. Since we are talking about Sephiroth the character, and not limiting Sephiroth to a specific timeline, I don't see why we cannot use them.

Peach
Unlike alot of video game manga, OVA's, Advent Children is canon to the FF7 storyline and is part of the FF7 compilation

So they are actual Sephiroth feats. Since we are talking about Sephiroth the character, and not limiting Sephiroth to a specific timeline, I don't see why we cannot use them.

The forum rules disagree with you there, sorry to say. Main game is the only thing allowable unless stated otherwise by the OP.

ScreamPaste
for starters because it's in the rules, and secondly bcause the Link side of the debate will mostly be limited to choose one Link from one game to debate for.

Terryc250
The forum rules disagree with you there, sorry to say. Main game is the only thing allowable unless stated otherwise by the OP.
Well then if we go by the game Dirge Of Cerberus(which happens after AC), it still states the events of Advent Children, so Sephiroths feats still stand.

fascistcrusader
Sephiroth doesn't even need to speedblitz Link, as he could simply hold him still with telekinesis and carve him to bits at his leisure. Link gets rape stomped.

And bravo for going against Peach's tyranny and calling out socky and pals, too. I knew it wasn't just me and ArtificialGlory who saw through this tangled web of dirty laundry.

XanatosForever
Why don't you SFTU and mind your own business? Douche

If you can't do that then you need to...

http://www.chgs.umn.edu/histories/armenian/cartoons/images/GoAway.jpg Whatever, dude.

Very mature, kid. By posting in this thread, you're making this idiocy my business, because you're derailing the damn topic. Learn to follow the rules, junior.

Terry, would you mind posting some videos to confirm some of these canon feats you've mentioned? Considering you seem to know your stuff, I'm sure you can do this with no problems. Meanwhile I'll see what I can do to bring some information for Link.

XanatosForever
I apologize for the double post. Here is the list of Link's feats.

Link's Feats

strength:

As to strength, Let me math.. He lifted a stone pillar resmebling black granite closest (a VERY heavy stone known for being retardedly heavy.)

granit article v
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~rmr/definition.html

an old reference says an "average" granite has a density of about 166.5 lb. per cubic foot, or about 2.6 times what the same volume of water would weigh. If its what commercial stone dealers call a "black granite" the density would likely be much higher."

http://i44.tinypic.com/15pg4g3.jpg

K, working with only what we can SEE in this image, let's assume conservatively that Link is slightly above average height, around 6'2" or more seems reasonable, so we'll go with six. this rock is aprox 12208.32 cubic feet in volume. (JUST the visible part in the pic, not including the top half.) Now, if that means the average weight of white granite is 166.5 lbs per cubic foot... *math* 2032685.28 Lbs. That's the weight of JUST the visible portion of the pillar if we assume Link is 6' and the stone is light granite as opposed to black granite.

If a ton is 2000 lbs thats 1016.3 tons. and he THROWS IT.

Now I have to find something on black granite because that's the stone the pillars in OoT closest resemble.
BLACK GRANITE!

"Cambrian Black granite

Absorption by weight: 0.101%

Density: 179 pounds/cubic foot

(2,874 kg/cu.m)

Compressive strength: 22,122 psi (153 Mpa)

Modulus of rupture: 1,868 psi (12.92 Mpa)"

http://www.stoneworld.com/Articles/...000f932a8c0____ <--article.

Math time. 12208.32 (volume in cubic feet) x 179 (lbs per cubic foot) = 2185289.28 lbs. Just the visible portion. Link. Is. Amazing.. I didn't expect it to be THAT heavy.. wtf.. 1096.64 tons. .

Link like many others who are brought up has his own multiple forms to be able to shape shift and his strength as Goron Link is able to take down a Mechanical-Organic giant, super bull with his body alone. Not to mention the giant slabs he is able to punch away with ease while in the dungeon.
-n_xp9eM7HU

endurance:

Link surviving an explosion he took a point blank radius while still inside the Moon, that eventually disintegrated it (this scene is done in slow motion, rainbow is there for happy ending effects) Now 'Dawn of A New Day' is easily translated into only a few minutes time since with the Moon destroyed the Day would be immediate.

Link fell from that height of the Moon after surviving the explosion and the only counter argument to that has been there is no crater where he landed. Well last I checked if a humanoid is dropped from any height, extreme or not, there is no crater of impact because they are not heavy in weight. The explosion radius is clearly contained with in the Moon and so inertia kicks in and is canceled. So force of impact is all with in that moment of explosion, then Link would simply drop from the point there after.
example: suicide victims of 9/11 did not create craters and fell from greater heights.
DeVbMiqVuV0

another one is that as young Link, by only using the Hylian Shield on his back while crouching alone can withstand the pressure and weight of the King Dodongo. That is only his young body with out fully being physically developed it both situations.
dFP7Bded-IQ

Speed;Agility;Reflex:

Also noted in this fight that Majora uses whip based weapons that are able to travel faster then the speed of sound. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_barrier That means those attacks from Majora break the sound barrier, which means they are faster then the speed of sound, and Link can react and dodge them accordingly. Link is faster then the speed of what it takes to break the sound barrier. And thus upon breaking it, and Link showing he can dodge them with ease proves his speed, agility and reflex all in one go. Young Link, Adult Link or any of his forms would all be capable of this respectively.

Link's Items & Weapons
Weapons

I T E M S

Masks aka Other Forms

LINK's abilities:
Link is the hero of time with many abilities.

Link is an exceptional swordsman. His skill with various weapons and items allows him to easily adapt and master each new tool he acquires and employ them in battles. Link shows himself to be an excellent marksman. Including but not restricted to with a Bow and Arrow, Boomerang, Slingshot, HookShot, ClawShot etc. etc.

Link is also very agile, proven as he is able to perform back-flips and somersaults with ease to dodge his enemies' attacks at the very start of his adventures.

Additionally, Link has proven to be very strong physically, as he is usually able to move heavy objects and overpower larger enemies rather easily. Along the fact his power to ride a giant Boar, and his horseback riding skills are impeccable.

In the "Oracle of Seasons", Link is shown to have at least some skills in hand-to-hand combat with the boxing mini-game and in Twilight Princess, he is taught the art of sumo wrestling by the mayor of Ordon Village; proving Link isn't completely defenseless without a weapon.

Link even uses magic in the form of spells. On several occasions he has even been able to shape shift into another form including a fairy, bunny, wolf, Deku, Goron, Zora, a Giant, and a Deity.

Finally, he is endowed with the powers of the Triforce of Courage.

The Legend of Zelda
-Sword Beams: able to fire energy blasts from Sword
-Spin Attack: Charged or otherwise, with or with out magical energy released from it, this attack is a circular based one with critical consequence.
(side note: these attacks are also translated and relate to the other titles in which they appear. Same goes for Sword Plant, Rocket Stab, Lunge and so on)

Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
-Shield: (buff) reduces all damage taken by half
-Jump: (buff) Link's jumping abilities are greatly increased
-Life: (buff) Regenerates Health
-Fairy: (buff) Transforms Link into a Fairy
-Fire: (ranged) A ranged fire attack from the Sword
-Reflect: (buff) Nullifies and reflects all attacks
-Spell: (aoe) Transforms all Enemies into a Bot
-Thunder: (aoe) destroys all Enemies.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Bombos: (aoe) creates a giant explosion
Ether: (aoe) immobilize all enemies
Quake: (aoe) creates an earthquake

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Excluded since it's a dream, other wise this Link would be unbeatable.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Din's Fire: (aoe) Creates a dome of intense Fire to disintegrate
Farore's Wind: (buff) Create a Warp Point to teleport at any time
Nayru's Love (buff) Create a protective barrier to reduce damage

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Deku Link: can hover/fly and shoot poison bubbles
Goron Link: unbridled strength & can spin around at extreme velocity
Zora Link: Energy Shield, ranged fins, & unlimited breath under water
Giant Link: need I say more?
Fierce Deity Link: Deity means a god, so yeah =3

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Hidden Skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLg5beoBbAU
-Ending Blow
-Shield Attack
-Back Slice
-Helm Splitter
-Mortal Draw
-Jump Strike
-Great Spin

Super Smahs Bros. Series
Final Smash:
65pkTJHljSI
1Gn1d_qn0vw

The move hits multiple enemies.

SSE:
4_m5AsTPaPw

(side note: being able to side step and dodge Fox's laser is proof he could dodge a bullet. Lets also state that by official translation of Nintendo that Farore's wind can be used as a quick teleportation)

SoulCalibur 2
IaDSWnA-27Q

Illusion Stab Combo, also in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

for the sake of length I have not gone to deeply into each specific Link by assuming all the basics are kept through out each one.

credits: ScreamPaste for Strength feat.
references: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Zeldapedia

Terryc250
Very mature, kid. By posting in this thread, you're making this idiocy my business, because you're derailing the damn topic. Learn to follow the rules, junior.

Terry, would you mind posting some videos to confirm some of these canon feats you've mentioned? Considering you seem to know your stuff, I'm sure you can do this with no problems. Meanwhile I'll see what I can do to bring some information for Link.

Which feat are you referring to? Also there is another feat he did, he put up a barrier that was able to withstand a metropolis city destroying attack.

Also, just to let you know gameplay moves from different games don't count in debates, because thats not the real incarnation canon Link (referring to Super Smash Bros. Soul Caliber)

But if gameplay moves are allowed then Sephiroth is allowed to use Supernova, Heartless angel, and Pale Horse, so he can basically turn Link into a frog, cast every status effect on him, like silence him from using magic, and bring him to the brink of death with Heartless Angel.

Was that stated as "black granite"? Because in the picture is a zoomed up to the actual black granite, if Black granite was viewed from a distance it would not look like that at all, it would look like
http://eurasian.us/india/images/absolute_black_granite_600.jpg

This is black granite NOT zoomed in, but at an average distance, if it were the same distance as the LoZ picture the texture would be even harder to see, and the fact that the room is dark in the picture as well.

But anyway, I don't see Link being able to escape Sephiroths TK, or dodge the Negative Lifestream, or even hit him since Sephiroth has instant teleportation, and Link doesn't have much speed feats.

Also, I'm pretty sure Link isn't capable of having all of those equipment/accessories/weapons/abilities at one time.

ScreamPaste
The rock almost HAS to be black granite, for one, granite in general is a common building material because it's density lends it great strutural strength. For two, the only other rocks to share it's colour or pattern are generally brittle volcanic rocks that A, cannot be rendered into such a shape, and B, have little structural strength. Lastly that picture of yours shows /polished/ intentionally given a shine for use as counter tops, head stones, ect. To take variables into account those calculations are extremely conservative, IE, any variable was erred on the side of lighter to not overhype Link, so yeah, he really is that strong.

Another point is Seph's TK means little in this fight because Link's plot shielding sword prevents that kind of silliness, otherwise Ganondorf would have done that exact thing to him a whole bunch of games ago. The sword is stated as something no evil can touch, and Seph is unquestionably the bad guy in this fight. Link is designed to fight people like Seph, hence his nifty sword and such.

So Link is stronger than Seph as well as TK proof. Speed is a point I can argue as well, as Link has been shown to capably dodge super sonic whip cracks with relative ease as a mere child, it's even debated whether or not he had his piece of the triforce during this. I'd like to see a non-AC speed feat for Seph.

XanatosForever
Which feat are you referring to? Also there is another feat he did, he put up a barrier that was able to withstand a metropolis city destroying attack.

Any of the feats you proposed. If they have video evidence, I'd like to see them.

Also, just to let you know gameplay moves from different games don't count in debates, because thats not the real incarnation canon Link (referring to Super Smash Bros. Soul Caliber)

It does make sense, but the LoZ team worked hand in hand with the Smash Bros. team iirc, so I figure that wouldn't be a problem. As for Soul Caliber, yeah, good point.

But if gameplay moves are allowed then Sephiroth is allowed to use Supernova, Heartless angel, and Pale Horse, so he can basically turn Link into a frog, cast every status effect on him, like silence him from using magic, and bring him to the brink of death with Heartless Angel.

I'm afraid I'll have to leave this point to be argued by someone else, because I don't know enough about LoZ canon to successfully debate it...although...doesn't the Master Sword negate status effects like curses? Could someone else confirm that for me?

Was that stated as "black granite"? Because in the picture is a zoomed up to the actual black granite, if Black granite was viewed from a distance it would not look like that at all, it would look like
http://eurasian.us/india/images/absolute_black_granite_600.jpg

This is black granite NOT zoomed in, but at an average distance, if it were the same distance as the LoZ picture the texture would be even harder to see, and the fact that the room is dark in the picture as well.

A good point, so more likely than not Link wasn't tossing around black granite. Still, that is a massive pillar, and to be able to do anything to it is an incredible display of physical power. In any case, ScreamPaste can argue this field better than I can since he's the one who did all the math for it.

But anyway, I don't see Link being able to escape Sephiroths TK, or dodge the Negative Lifestream, or even hit him since Sephiroth has instant teleportation, and Link doesn't have much speed feats.

Yeah, that fact comes up in debates a lot, and it's already been challenged with Link's reaction time, which is much, much faster than his overall speed. Also, isn't the Negative Lifestream, while canon, essentially an immortality bringer for Sephiroth? If so, that debunks this entire thread, as it breaks rule number 12 of the Games 'Versus' Forum.

Also, I'm pretty sure Link isn't capable of having all of those equipment/accessories/weapons/abilities at one time.

This is most definitely true. Link wouldn't have so many items available at once. However, the list was more a reference to his possible arsenal than what he actually has with him at all times. I don't believe we have even been able to establish which incarnation of Link is being used in this debate.

King-Fingolfin
Sephiroth wins

Time Stop + Shield FTW

XanatosForever
In the future, please back up your argument with evidence. Otherwise you're just stating an opinion that can, and most likely will, get ripped to shreds by others' evidence. Thank you.

ScreamPaste
@ Xan, his pic shows polished granite for commercial use. Infact, looking closer shows it's processed from the visible cross section, lol. It's barely even legit granite.

@Fing, can I see some evidence of those? (outside AC.) Cause I can't imagine him losing to Cloud so often with a handy at will time stop so readily available. Read: LolIdoubtit,getproofplx.

King-Fingolfin
Sorry, meant Wall

Safer Sephiroth possesses the spell, Wall, which cats both Barrier and MBarrier, which protect itself from Magic and Physical attacks.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Materia

But regardless, without AC, I think Sephiroth would probably get his ass kicked.

Peach
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Sephiroth doesn't even need to speedblitz Link, as he could simply hold him still with telekinesis and carve him to bits at his leisure. Link gets rape stomped.

And bravo for going against Peach's tyranny and calling out socky and pals, too. I knew it wasn't just me and ArtificialGlory who saw through this tangled web of dirty laundry.

Tyranny? You don't get it, do you. There are rules. You follow them. When you are told to stop doing something, you do it. If you don't, you get warned or banned.

I already warned you once for this. Another offense is going to be a ban.

I am who I am
And that's why I felt the need to post that. Cuz you felt the need to rudely spew bullshit my way. When I wasn't even talkin to you.

After the mod told me not to start, I said I wouldn't. Heh, your the junior member, not me. Know your place lil' guy.

XanatosForever
And that's why I felt the need to post that. Cuz you felt the need to rudely spew bullshit my way. When I wasn't even talkin to you.

After the mod told me not to start, I said I wouldn't. Heh, your the junior member, not me. Know your place lil' guy.
Post something relevant to the thread.

Does Link have something that can counteract Wall? What's the durability of it?

lootic

There are some of us zelda fans that thinks link is a gay, mute, nazi and so on that dont make him less awesome as a hero.

I dont know anything about sephiroth but since link can win against for example King of Evil(could it be more evil) he could probably win against sephiroth too.

link is not slow has tremendous strength, stupid durability, amazing reactions and a mirror sheild, now when I think about it, tell me one thing he dont have.

I am who I am
Post something relevant to the thread.
I did already. Instead of keepin' this mess up wit me, why don't you do the same.

XanatosForever
I did already. Instead of keepin' this mess up wit me, why don't you do the same.

The point of a debate is continue the argument for your side. This, along with a large number of the posts you have in this thread, don't do that. So again, please post something relevant to the topic.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me about the Wall spell. Then again, maybe I should just look at the link provided. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

Edit: Okay, I looked at it. It still doesn't help establish the limit of durability it awards. Someone mind helping me figure this out?

Voyeur

Now this power that is atleast as powerful as Meteor, which is planet scale threatening. Sephiroth stopped this with his willpower/telekineses, at the same time he battled the FF7 party and at one point before the battle lifted all 8 members in the air while torturing them.

The fact that he infected the lifestream causing it to become the Negative Lifestream (the lifestream was capable of disintegrating Meteor) in the FF7 game it was stated the lifestream was a source of power, life, energy, magic. With the negative lifestream Sephiroth was capable of creating the 3 remnants (power of life) the 3 remnants were capable of using the negative lifestream as magic (using the shadow creeps)

Sephiroth has complete control over the negative lifestream, and was able to cover the entire skies of midgar with just a gesture. If he wanted, he could've just summoned the NL right on Cloud and killed him there.

Cool so this is the only thing I can take from your text of abilities that Sephiroth is capable of thus far.

Advent Children doesn't count in this, sorry mate. Not PSI with FFVII. As much as you'd like it to be and may be able to connect it to Advent Children, the fact remains the rules state things must stay in the realm of what the video game allows it. Thus, Game Versus Forum, not Game originating character into everything they've ever appeared in from Anime, movies, or manga/comics Vs.

I don't see how Will Power is really a factor, everyone has will power, you and myself. What makes his so much greater? Where is this definitive proof that his will to live out ranks another person in any situation where their life is on the line. Everyone is capable of that, even a Hylian like Link who has proved in the face of ominous threats, including the dark Lord, immortal God, Ganondorf himself that he doesn't back down.

Link's Courage = Sephiroth's 'will power'

As for Telekinesis now...I ask you this, is it actually the mental ability to form physical force with mental thought or is Sephiroth a pure blooded mage that doesn't require the incantations of spells to perform such levitation acts?

I think the 2nd would be more likely, just like Zelda and Ganondorf. Telekinesis and pure blood mage spells have a definitive, even though relative, look and use to them.

And BT brought up before in another thread, one is able to Teleport out of Telekinesis holds and that is true. Link can teleport. Link also has the 'Reflect' spell which brings him immunities to Physical and Magical attacks alike.

So now that I have debunked what seems to Sephiroth's greatest abilities on the table thus far and how Link can match them. Cloud himself is able to slash away at Sephiroth, what makes you think Link wouldn't be able to as well after even possessing more feats and powers at hand then Cloud.

side note: I don't know enough about the lifestream thing but being able to and doing so are two different things. Constnatly it is brought up that Sephiroth COULD of beaten Cloud IF HE WANTED to and his over cockyness was his own demise. What sort of bs is that? last I checked, being over confident in most situations may get you caught off guard, sucker punched or get the wind knocked out of you, but if you were strong enough to win in the first place then the result will be as thus. You will win. So...it's very retarded to say Cloud didn't elminate Sephiroth, when he clearly did, regardless of what Sephiroth may or may not have done and tried to do mind games, he still loss. So he's beatable by some one like Cloud and Cloud isn't merely as capable of what Link has done and can do.

Terryc250
The rock almost HAS to be black granite, for one, granite in general is a common building material because it's density lends it great strutural strength. For two, the only other rocks to share it's colour or pattern are generally brittle volcanic rocks that A, cannot be rendered into such a shape, and B, have little structural strength. Lastly that picture of yours shows /polished/ intentionally given a shine for use as counter tops, head stones, ect. To take variables into account those calculations are extremely conservative, IE, any variable was erred on the side of lighter to not overhype Link, so yeah, he really is that strong.

Black Granite looks absolutely nothing like that when viewed at a distance, the only similarities it has is their dark colors.

Unfortunately "plot" plays no role in this debate so that automatically negates that. Link can be TK'd unless he actually has some defense for it, plot does not help him here.

Show me Link dodging this "super sonic whip" please. Sephiroth has instant teleportation. Along with super speed, also, if you look at any Ultimate Wil's other threads/posts he refers to Sephiroth the character and does not limit him to just to a specific time, so i'm assuming this thread is no different, meaning it is Sephiroth before he died in AC, which is probably where he showed his fastest movement speed.

XanatosForever
Unfortunately "plot" plays no role in this debate so that automatically negates that. Link can be TK'd unless he actually has some defense for it, plot does not help him here.

Terry, if plot plays no role in these debates, then what gives Sephiroth the right to rely on the Negative Lifestream? Or any of his post-Crisis Core abilities (this assumption is from the fact that Crisis Core is a prequel and thus Sephiroth will not have nearly as much power)? It makes no sense to debunk certain plot aspects, you see? Link has been through enough games so far to make it more than just PIS, as well.

Show me Link dodging this "super sonic whip" please.

That evidence is among the list of Link's feats I displayed in the last page. Please go and review the post.

Sephiroth has instant teleportation. Along with super speed, also, if you look at any Ultimate Wil's other threads/posts he refers to Sephiroth the character and does not limit him to just to a specific time, so i'm assuming this thread is no different, meaning it is Sephiroth before he died in AC, which is probably where he showed his fastest movement speed.

Teleportation is not a win-all function, and with the amount of combat experience Link has, his reaction time would be fast enough to deal with the teleportation and speed. That is my belief.

Terryc250
Cool so this is the only thing I can take from your text of abilities that Sephiroth is capable of thus far.

Advent Children doesn't count in this, sorry mate. Not PSI with FFVII. As much as you'd like it to be and may be able to connect it to Advent Children, the fact remains the rules state things must stay in the realm of what the video game allows it. Thus, Game Versus Forum, not Game originating character into everything they've ever appeared in from Anime, movies, or manga/comics Vs.
Well even so, there are FF7 games which takes place after the events of Advent Children, which states the events of AC, so the only thing we cannot actually take from it are the visuals, but Sephiroths feats in AC still stand since we're going by Dirge Of Cerberus video game (the game that takes place after AC.

Sephiroth has willpower on an entirely different level, to the point where he is basically immortal because he refusees to die, his willpower is strong enough that it can stop physical things from happening (basically telekinesis). He stopped Holy which is a power capable of wrecking a planet with his "willpower" If not even that can escape Sephiroths willpower then i'm sure link cannot either.

It's Sephiroth "willpower" as its stated in the game, but its basically the same since its stopping physical things from moving with his mind.

The thing is, some people on this thread seem to be creating some kind of amalgam Link that doesn't really exist. We all know Link isn't capable of having all of these spells, weapons, equipment, accessories, etc all at one time.

Show me Link instantly teleporting as he pleases, anywhere and whenever he wants

The lifestream is basically the essence of everything in FF7, its the source of everything, Life, Magic, Energy, Power. The lifestream was capable of disintegrating Meteor which thretened the planet. Sephiroth infected the lifestream when he finally merged with the lifestream at the end of FF7, scattering countless jenova cells and he began to take over.

It's fact that Sephiroth > Cloud, unless you want to deny the creators words themselves.

Cloud isn't even one of the top 5 character in FF7, there are characters that would literally beat Cloud in mere seconds in FF7. Character that could lay waste to the planet. Sephiroth was stated NUMEROUS times by the creators to be the supreme character in FF7, the most powerful.

The only thing Cloud had going for him was PIS, the creators had to limit Sephiroth so that Cloud was able to beat him. They gave Cloud basically a plot device move to take Sephiroth out, Sephiroth was toying with him and still could've killed him easily if he pleased, until the Omnislash plot device kicked in, which is basically some kind of non-physical attack that simply kills the opponent.

However, Plot induced Stupidity plays no role in here.

Terryc250
Originally posted by XanatosForever Terry, if plot plays no role in these debates, then what gives Sephiroth the right to rely on the Negative Lifestream? Or any of his post-Crisis Core abilities (this assumption is from the fact that Crisis Core is a prequel and thus Sephiroth will not have nearly as much power)? It makes no sense to debunk certain plot aspects, you see? Link has been through enough games so far to make it more than just PIS, as well.
I meant plot induced stupidity, things that only happen for plot reasons, like Sephiroth basically letting himself be killed by Cloud just so the plot can continue. Unless it was stated that Links shield actually negates telekinesis, we cannot assume Link is somehow immune to it for no reason.

Show me the statement, and show me the video.

Even if Link can escape Sephiroths will, I don't see him being able to dodge the NL, which covered a portion of the planet instantly.

ScreamPaste
Black Granite looks absolutely nothing like that when viewed at a distance, the only similarities it has is their dark colors.

Show me Link dodging this "super sonic whip" please. Sephiroth has instant teleportation. Along with super speed, also, if you look at any Ultimate Wil's other threads/posts he refers to Sephiroth the character and does not limit him to just to a specific time, so i'm assuming this thread is no different, meaning it is Sephiroth before he died in AC, which is probably where he showed his fastest movement speed.

1 Negative, your photo shows processed, polished, barely legit granite, and the pattern on the rock is quite similiar, just larger, which is to be expected in 1998 era graphics.

2 Lol. No. Master Sword = in his possession, and therefore active. It's used as a plot sheild but that doesn't make it less valid. It protects Link from curses, TK, and such, basicly forcing his opponents to dal with him physicly, and it takes a real champ to take Link on physicly.

3 Majora's Mask. and AC = irrelevant unless you're giving us a composite Link in which case this is spite because Seph cannot possibly win, so pick one =]

XanatosForever
I meant plot induced stupidity, things that only happen for plot reasons, like Sephiroth basically letting himself be killed by Cloud just so the plot can continue. Unless it was stated that Links shield actually negates telekinesis, we cannot assume Link is somehow immune to it for no reason.

I thought we were talking about the Master Sword, not the shield. The Master Sword is able to negates direct, non-physical actions against Link, which is why Ganondorf must always engage him in melee combat.

Show me the statement, and show me the video.

No offense, but is it really so hard to go back one page and look for it? It's been clearly titled and everything, so there should be no real obstacle keeping you from being able to view it.

Even if Link can escape Sephiroths will, I don't see him being able to dodge the NL, which covered a portion of the planet instantly.

I thought we had established that NL was a matter of bestowing immortality on Sephiroth, which is against the rules. Hell, by saying he's immortal through will power is still bringing immortality into play, which again, is against rules. The assumption is that no characters are immortal/invincible/etc. for the sake of a fighting chance.

If I misread somewhere, then I'll respectfully drop this point of argument.

Voyeur

However, Plot induced Stupidity plays no role in here.

You keep saying that mate but you do not apply those restrictions on Sephiroth himself.

I have been being lazy and occupied with other things to really put to much effort in showing that there is a very simple Title Time line where there is one universe, one stream, in which Link is the same up until even Twilight Princess or at least Legend of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link depending on where I'd like to break off the easily understandable and easy time paradox.

Besides the Original Poster didn't restrict Link to a title. So by all standards he's free to go by the name of "Link" and use all his weapons, items and abilities at his disposal until other wise is stated. Truth; he can only carry so many items or at least use so many, so we can restrict that to a specific button system of a game to be fair. But he honestly only needs a few to become superior.

Teleportation via Farore's Wind. Yeah in the game it is used a simple warp point at first and then upon second use you instantly are teleported to the original point. It's translation to Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl through Zelda using Farore's wind shows that it may properly be used as instant cast, instant blink as normal teleporation. Even the game would suggest that when you cast it the 2nd time.

Teleporation isn't some godly ability unless you know how to apply physics into it. Other then that, Link has dealt with a Ganondorf and other enemies who are able to instant port simultaneously.

FYI: you really should probably just make it telekinesis because saying that he's able to do all these things because of his will power, even though that may be the case, sounds so heinous and lame it's not even funny. Basically you're saying If you, I or anyone WANTED to live, they will live. If they WANTED to break the laws of gravity and physics, THEY CAN. Will Power. Everyone has it, Link has it, Link has that PLUS the Triforce of Courage surging through him that was blessed upon him through destiny chosen by the Goddesses. Obviously they place their fate in some one who has will.

Terryc250
You keep saying that mate but you do not apply those restrictions on Sephiroth himself.
.. Huh? Sephiroth is the villain, he was the one that was restricted because of PIS, take PIS away and Sephiroth is like the creators said, the supreme character of FF7.

Nor did he claim it was some kind of Amalgan Link that doesn't exist. Pick Link at his most powerful, but keep it to an actual canon Link that really existed.

Again, the Link in Super Smash Bros isn't canon, it's not the real Link but basically a fake incarnation in which they altered everything so that he can fit in with the rest of the characters.

Farore's Wind works in the way it was stated to work in the actual LoZ series.

Take away PIS and Ganondorf > Link, we all know that.

I'm saying its "willpower" because that's what its stated to be in the game, never once did they mention it to be "telekinesis" I only said that so that you would have a better understanding of how Sephiroths "willpower" works, because its not exactly the same as the regular "willpower" you're thinking of.

Sephiroths willpower works as TK, but its actually just willpower, the force of his will to do the impossible like defy death, stop other physical movement, torture people, etc.

ScreamPaste
Actually, it's the master sword that does it, Terryc. It stops Ganon from just laying a death curse on Link. The sword would reallly make Seph's life hard in this fight. And for the record Ganondorf>Sephiroth by a great margin, if Link's sword lets him beat Ganon Seph's screwed, Terry.

We've already established you do not get to use AC, it breaks the rules, and if you really want to use it, I'll stop debating for a single form of Link and use a composite Link Sephiroth can't even touch.

Seph has very little in the way of comparable feats next to Link outside AC, so we really win eitherway. =/

Terryc250
Ganon is not> Sephiroth Screampaste.

Where did I use AC?

The thing is, AC Sephiroth really did exist in the FF7 world, your Amalgan Link did not.

The event in AC did happen, going by the VIDEO GAME Dirge Of Cerberus. Sephiroth DID have the power of the NL, etc.

ScreamPaste
Which doesn't change anything in the rules, Terry. and wtf, how could Seph be > Ganondorf? laughing out loud

My Amalgam Link is as valid. Zelda has no movie, and the rule specificly forbids the use of movies in the game forum, otherwise any game with a movie or anime would be at an advantage because of the less limited medium.

So yeah, use stuff from the games, no movie crapz.

CosmicComet
I've seen absolutely none of the properties that Terry describes of Seph in AC. Including this supposed 'instant' regeneration.

Sorry, Sephiroth has no real feats of regeneration. Let alone 'instant'. As for not straining himself? I agree in a magical/miscellaneous abilities sense, but I'm not buying any no limits fallacy bull about an 'unknown strength limit' for Seph. He put his back into a lot of his blows during the scenes where he's chopping in half falling chunks from a skyscraper.

Link has demonstrated greater strength and durability feats. One omni-slash put Sephiroth down, on two separate occasions.

Link tanked an exploding moon while he was still in the center of it.

Terryc250
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I've seen absolutely none of the properties that Terry describes of Seph in AC. Including this supposed 'instant' regeneration

Sorry, Sephiroth has no real feats of regeneration. Let alone 'instant'. As for not straining himself? I agree in a magical/miscellaneous abilities sense, but I'm not buying any no limits fallacy bull about an 'unknown strength limit' for Seph. He put his back into a lot of his blows during the scenes where he's chopping in half falling chunks from a skyscraper.

Right from the UOG:

"Due to its amazing regeneration capabilities, Jenova's divided cells reunite to become one again."\

Statement from the Reunion Files:

"One of the properties Jenova possesses is that separated pieces of flesh, called cells, will regenerate back to their original form"

Now lets look at this logically, throughout FF7 game (while Sephiroth is ALIVE), Sephiroth used pieces of Jenova, each piece would fully transform into Sephiroth, Sephiroth being the new Jenova. Does the mass of the arm, or the mass of the leg equal up to Sephiroth? No. So how does he transform? Easily, he uses part of Jenovas ability stated from above, REGENERATION. He regenerates his original arms, legs, ever appearance, even his sword, from a piece of Jenova leg or arm.

Now in AC, Sephiroth is dead, he cannot do anything with the Jenova cells, which is his power. What he can do is guide his spirit body (stated by the UOG that the trio were Spirit bodies) to take in Jenova's cells, in that box. That would revive Sephiroth. So once Kadaj took in the cells, what happens? The same thing he has been doing in FF7, he fully regenerates his arm, legs, his entire being, even his sword. It wouldn't have made a difference if Kadaj was a midget, a 50 lb kid, or a dog the size of an arm, or anything, as long as the Jenova cells were there, he would regenerate his full form.

Tanking a supernova wouldn't even matter, because thats all PHYSICAL, Omnislash is NOT. Nothing suggests that Link can survive an Omnislash.

ScreamPaste
Nothing suggests an omnislash can hurt Link either?

Terryc250
... Why wouldn't it?

ScreamPaste
for one there's no evidence of your claim other than a vague glowiness in AC, and that Sephiroth doesn't fall apart, the movie was PG13, lol.

CosmicComet
Terry, get these baseless assumptions out of your debating arsenal, because that's all they are. Baseless Assumptions.

Onmislash isn't physical? Lmao It sure as hell isn't a mental illusion, he sure as hell isn't Xavier'ing (term coined!) Sephiroth when he does an Omnislash, it isn't some abstract maneuver that simply wishes Sephiroth away. If we go by AC it is at best a case of combining TK in making the swords hover in the air with Cloud having to physically cause damage with each of the swords following that. Obviously Cloud has to be in a certain mental state to use the move but that is no different than Bruce Banner needing to be in a severely extreme mood to transform into the Hulk. To try to connect that to meaning that the omnislash isn't a physical move because of a mental precondition that's in play is nothing but, again, a baseless assumption. And in kinder terms it is a huge stretch at best.

If the argument is that Sephiroth was still whole therefore it wasn't a physical attack, well, as Paste said; consider the movie's rating. This phenomenon has shown itself countless times in anime and cartoons in general where small situations show blood (such as a busted nose or lip) but a more severe/fatal situation such as a huge torso slash will often show no blood at all.

ArtificialGlory
Nothing suggests an omnislash can hurt Link either?

... Why wouldn't it?

wallbash wallbash wallbash

Oh yeah, by the way, it would've been cool to see Sephiroth falling apart in gory bits and gushing blood all over the place.

Burning thought
Omnislash is featless, infact does it have any out of game action at all? is there any canon description of what it does?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
Omnislash is featless, infact does it have any out of game action at all? is there any canon description of what it does?

Well, it did kill Sephiroth. That's gotta count as a feat of sorts.

I don't know about that, there's only a gameplay description of it at FF wiki.

ScreamPaste
Omnislash is actually a peanut summons. Seph is allergic to peanuts.

^A good summary because all we know about it for sure is it kills the hell out of Sephiroth. We don't know why, how, or what. It just does. It seems like he's a deer in the headlights in the face of this move, despite reasonable start up time Seph never gets out of the way.

Burning thought
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Well, it did kill Sephiroth. That's gotta count as a feat of sorts.

I don't know about that, there's only a gameplay description of it at FF wiki.

If thats its only feat then thats almost as good as having no feat at all

CosmicComet
Remember that Sephy was severely hurt when he was impaled with his own masamune in FF7. And there is no evidence to suggest his durability specifically got any better since then.

That gives us some sort of gauge of the Onmislash...I guess...Not that great of a gauge imo.

I am who I am
The point of a debate is continue the argument for your side. This, along with a large number of the posts you have in this thread, don't do that. So again, please post something relevant to the topic.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me about the Wall spell. Then again, maybe I should just look at the link provided. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

Edit: Okay, I looked at it. It still doesn't help establish the limit of durability it awards. Someone mind helping me figure this out? I'm just gonna ignore you now cuz you just feel this urgent need to argue wit me about somthin' you coulda dropped along time ago.

Phanteros
he still needed that clone to regenerate so no he doesn't have "instant" regeneration he needs to reunite with them just to appear. there was nothing stated that his regeneration was instant as it took him 5 years in the first game to appear and 2 years with the clones help to appear and by being parasitic in nature sephiroth needs to prey on another being(the clone) for support.

XanatosForever
I'm just gonna ignore you now cuz you just feel this urgent need to argue wit me about somthin' you coulda dropped along time ago.

Awright, I got ignored by someone for the first time! How many achievement points is that worth? roll eyes (sarcastic) Maybe now he'll actual start contributing to the debate. Speaking of which...

Umm, well I'm afraid I actually don't have much to contribute at this point, though no one did relay the durability information for the Wall spell that was mentioned earlier...erm

Terryc250
Terry, get these baseless assumptions out of your debating arsenal, because that's all they are. Baseless Assumptions.

Onmislash isn't physical? Lmao It sure as hell isn't a mental illusion, he sure as hell isn't Xavier'ing (term coined!) Sephiroth when he does an Omnislash, it isn't some abstract maneuver that simply wishes Sephiroth away. If we go by AC it is at best a case of combining TK in making the swords hover in the air with Cloud having to physically cause damage with each of the swords following that. Obviously Cloud has to be in a certain mental state to use the move but that is no different than Bruce Banner needing to be in a severely extreme mood to transform into the Hulk. To try to connect that to meaning that the omnislash isn't a physical move because of a mental precondition that's in play is nothing but, again, a baseless assumption. And in kinder terms it is a huge stretch at best.

If the argument is that Sephiroth was still whole therefore it wasn't a physical attack, well, as Paste said; consider the movie's rating. This phenomenon has shown itself countless times in anime and cartoons in general where small situations show blood (such as a busted nose or lip) but a more severe/fatal situation such as a huge torso slash will often show no blood at all.

Wow, have you not even seen it? Honestly thats just a sad attempt to downplay Omnislash. You're talking nonsense, I didn't say its non-physical because there is no blood, i'm saying its not physical because CLEARLY you can see CLOUD's phasing through Sephiroth multiple times.

Watch, and OBSERVE at 6:40
1AWtskUDHNM

Each Cloud CLEARLY phases THROUGH him.

Terryc250
Originally posted by Phanteros
he still needed that clone to regenerate so no he doesn't have "instant" regeneration he needs to reunite with them just to appear. there was nothing stated that his regeneration was instant as it took him 5 years in the first game to appear and 2 years with the clones help to appear and by being parasitic in nature sephiroth needs to prey on another being(the clone) for support.
No he doesn't need "clones" to regenerate, what clones are you even talking about?

The Jenova bodies? A freaking small piece of Jenova bodypart regenerated into a full Jenova monster, instantly.

Like i explained in my previous post, each piece of Jenova can regenerate its form to whatever he wants, whether it takes the form of a Jenova monster, or the image of Sephiroth, it can be as small a finger, arm, leg, etc, itll regenerate its full form

at 8:35, he drops a piece of Jenova, and it instantly regenerates into a full form Jenova monster
xJNDfIsh1A4

in AC, Sephiroth becomes the viral core of the entity Jenova, he is the evolution of Jenova.

Voyeur
cyGwocvT47g

Omnislash btw is clearly physical.

Omni would translate to multiple

Slash; noun
to cut with a violent sweeping stroke or by striking violently and at random, as with a knife or sword.

With the very move at hand broken down, it is as clear as day that it is a physical attack. I'm also guessing that Omnislashes damage relies on the strength of the character, not materia. It in no, way, shape or form translates into being a move that transcends into a soul based damaging move.

It just is a bunch of really fancy, fast, slashes with the cliche, cinematic anime bull shit of slicing through something that doesn't fall apart immediately. Because in other scenes from what you posted, Cloud's sword cuts through tangible matter.

I'm sorry but nothing that your saying is true about Omnislash. It's all perception and theory nonsense. Until then and fully on after, Omnislash is a physical attack.

Terryc250
^

Umm you do realize you just posted a video of Omnislash in FF7 right?

Omnislash in FF7, and OmnislashV5 in AC are different, you know that right?

Regular Omnislash in FF7 IS physical, but V5 is not, it only kept the name, but its not physical at all, as you can clearly see.

Cloud didn't cut through any tangeable matter in AC, Sephiroth freakin clothes didn't even get a scratch on it.

Voyeur
AC is like totally once again not even up for discussion based on the Versus Rules. Regardless of proof and how much it may connect or make sense to the other game titles. It simply isn't a game. It's an animated film.

And, I'm sorry once again, its cinematic effect that all Animes seem to have where the people run at each other, slice, one stands there for a while and gives some short monologue and smiles then falls down. You know the bit. That's all it is man, I'm sorry. Do not try to make it something greater then it already is.

If you're going to take translation of what you believe a move to be, then why is it that the view of Farore's wind clearly being able to become a free roaming, quick cast teleporation can not? Fan boyisms can not play a role to a great effect in this debates I feel. I'm not Link fan boy, I just happen to like the games growing up and am stating the facts and getting things straightened out as far as "true" and "false" goes. And....

Omnislash being more then physical? False.

Lets set that aside though because I can see I'll be going in circles with your fellatio of FF fan translation moves all day, and don't want to waste time debunking you over and over on Omnislash being physical.

So this will power of Sephiroth's allows him to have the ability to stop things. And apparently you stated he can levitate people and so on. Ok so he has the basic low level form of psychokinesis, the ability to make things be grasped and moved with a physical manfestation through mental power ("will power"wink

Link would be able to Farore's wind out of that, respectively under your own analism that it must be a set point first. And sure, Seph would have to camp that spot. Doesn't mean Link wouldn't be ready for such obvious mind games. Now, Sephiroth you have stated is the villain and thus that makes him pretty evil. I mean his intentions through out the plot is clear, he's a wicked guy. So the mastered sword is the bane of evil and gains a greater effect of properties over such beings, ergo, it would get a boost against Sephiroth.

Sephiroth also wouldn't be able to touch or take control of the MasterSword, even through his Will power since it's just an extention of physical manipulation as I stated earlier. The power of the blade itself has an aura and property of greatness on its own.

Light arrows could stun him if not even then, at least blind him to make for great lead ins to other attacks. Nayru's love, providing a great bubble Shield to attacks and so on. Hell, even Link can cast the very quick and AOE wid ranged Ether spell which would completely imbolize and leave Sephiroth frozen, enough time for Link to do some very critical damage. But I'm sure his will power could some how break him out of that, right?

What about chemically being frozen then by the bonds of Ice arrows, shot off rapidly. And not only could they be offensive but defensive to build up and make glacier like wall barriers to defend from certain attacks.

Link isn't a push over, and Sephiroth isn't either I'm sure. And i stated earlier Link has reaction time to deal with things that instant teleport, and break the sound barrier.

CosmicComet
That is some serious reaching. Up to the heavens. Seriously.

You are using quick camera cuts that are never in direct focus to reach the conclusion that Cloud is becoming intangible? All I see is him passing by Sephiroth at quick speed while glowing yellow.

That is a physical attack aided by tk. Nothing more than that.

As for the regeneration, you've demonstrated that Jenova can create much lesser offshoots of herself when it imbues a severed limb with the power to do so. Not that it can regenerate 'instantly'. Instant in this context, is a word that gives strong connotations about a level of practical immortality against any means of harm.

Obviously that is not the case as Jenova's final form in the crater was destroyed. Where are the tales of a remnant of a tentacle from Jenova Synthesis' corpse that reassembles into a whole? There are none. We are treated to the story of a severed head in AC (but never actually catch a glimpse of it), and certainly Jenova did not remount her full form from just a severed head...where is this instant regeneration? Again?

All we know is that Jenova can send out lesser drones that she imbues with power to have some coherent whole form. This regeneration business is very sketchy at best.

k1Lla441
Lol what's with all these Link vs threads lately? Some of them attempted spites like the Ultimecia one. lol.

Slower? Sure. But Link is fast enough in reflexes in order to not be blitzed. And being that he is a defensive fighter it reduces much of the need to be toe to toe as fast as Seph.

Weaker? LMAO. Sephiroth's strongest recorded feat is when he impaled Midgar Zolom on a tree.

The largest snake known is the prehistoric Titanoboa. 40-50 feet long and 2,500 lbs.

Here's a scale for reference.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7540/titanoboa.png

Now, Midgar Zolom is noted in the game to be '30 feet tall'. Snakes can raise up half their body length so let's assume Midgar Zolom is 60 feet long.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/7/75/FFVII-MidgarZolom_Death.jpg

Let's say we scale up a 48 foot 2500 lb Titanoboa to 60 feet, same as Midgar Zolom. That's a 25% increase in body size. Which would mean it's weight would be doubled to 5000 lbs. Midgar Zolom appears to be quite a bit bulkier proportionately than a Titanoboa of even equal length, so let's say a 60 foot Midgar Zolom is double the weight at 10,000 lbs.

That's very rough work but that would put Midgar Zolom at 5 tons. I'd accept 8 tons, at best.

5-8 tons is very very light compared to what Oot/MM or TP Link have dealt with. Link is physically stronger than Seph by feats.
Yea, Link seems to be "in" season and everyone starts to think he'll be successful in a thread.

From all teh info you provided in the link vs dante thread.... link takes this as seph does not nearly have enough feats to compete.

ScreamPaste

I just feel like responding to this.. Link isn't anywhere close to overrated yet, Link didn't even have his own respect thread until just awhile ago. The character finally has more than one guy supporting him and posting evidence. Now that he's finally getting a fair chance in debates and winning, alot of peopel percieve it as an upset, when in reality, it's just Link was severely underrated before.

Voyeur
http://blackgranite.eu/images/india/app_black_500.jpg

Very similar to me. What you brought up before is refined and polished premium Black Granite, not the authentic raw Black Granite Quartz that is the rock, that would be used in actual construction or similar decorative monuments like the pillar.

Terryc250
AC is like totally once again not even up for discussion based on the Versus Rules. Regardless of proof and how much it may connect or make sense to the other game titles. It simply isn't a game. It's an animated film.
Going by the GAME Dirge Of Cerberus, which takes place 2 years after Cloud defeated Sephiroth with OmnislashV5, its still canon either way. The events are still stated in DoC.

Nonsense, you can downplay and try to disclaim everything as "cinematic effect".

Because it was never stated as teleportation to wherver, whenver he wanted. Link was only able to use it by making warp points, then warping back to that location, he was NEVER able to teleport wherever he wanted and use it as an offensive attack.

Omnislash is physical, OmnislashV5 is not physical.

Low level? If stopping a power capable of wrecking a planet is "low level" then sure.

SO then this debate is vs OoT Link? And Farore's wind sure as hell is NOT instant teleportation, hell he does some kind of stance pose, then raises his arm for like 5 seconds before he is actually able to teleport back to his warp point. All Sephiroth needs is a split second to cut off Links limbs.

He wouldn't need to, he'd just make a gesture and Link would be crushed by the NL.

Light arrows don't even have a chance at hitting Sephiroth, hell even Zack can dodge mutliple machine guns all firing at him, Sephiroth is far more skilled and faster then Zack.

All of Link's spells have a long casting time, and Sephiroth won't be standing there doing nothing, he'll be thrown around by Sephiroth TK, or attacked by the NL before he can even do his casting poses.

Those have no chance at all of hitting Sephiroth.

Where was it stated that the whip was "break the sound barrier"? and who has Link fought that has INSTANT teleportation?

Terryc250
http://blackgranite.eu/images/india/app_black_500.jpg

Very similar to me. What you brought up before is refined and polished premium Black Granite, not the authentic raw Black Granite Quartz that is the rock, that would be used in actual construction or similar decorative monuments like the pillar.

The first picture is ZOOMED up, the 2nd picture is viewed from a distance, if they were viewed at the same distance, they would look TOTALLY different.

and if you want to see Black granite NOT polished, it would look like this

http://www.yardelves.com/images/materials/1_5INCH_BLACK_GRANITE_jpg_lg.jpg

Also, if you guys are going to sock, you should make it a bit less obvious, creating accounts in a span of a couple days, coincidently posting minutes after eachother, repeating the same argument as eachother in different threads, etc

XanatosForever
The first picture is ZOOMED up, the 2nd picture is viewed from a distance, if they were viewed at the same distance, they would look TOTALLY different.

and if you want to see Black granite NOT polished, it would look like this

http://www.yardelves.com/images/materials/1_5INCH_BLACK_GRANITE_jpg_lg.jpg

Also, if you guys are going to sock, you should make it a bit less obvious, creating accounts in a span of a couple days, coincidently posting minutes after eachother, repeating the same argument as eachother in different threads, etc

Also, if you guys are going to sock

sock

Terry, I will only ask this of you once. Do not accuse us of sock. Peach has already run all of us through the sock checker and debunked the theory for at least three other users. If you insult us with this accusation again, I will report you.

Voyeur
http://www.itsparadiseathome.com/images/T/black_granite.jpg

http://physics.uwstout.edu/geo/gallery/black_granite_gabbra.jpg

Funny, Google Image works both ways and I'd love to know the reason as to why you tried so hard to pick the least looking set of rocks of the provided images on there? It's a really feeble attempt since I already debunked it really easily. Regardless. The strength feat is even measured or mattered entirely by what type of rock it is, since black granite is heavier and the math was is shown with White granite. If you took the time to study the math posted by ScreamPaste you would of noticed that. We gave the benefit of the doubt and made it even weigh less then it's original tons. The height, and volume, and density of the object is where the strength comes into play. Very simple math. It is Black Granite, but that's far from the point.
True, in the game it would be polished but not to the extent of slabs you posted earlier that were the mere crystalization form. I'll be double posting soon to debunk your other quotes. Then when you're ready to stop pulling things out of your ass and sticking to the facts, maybe this can become fun.

ScreamPaste
Now that Voyeur, myself, and TGE have ALL proven it's black granite AND that the math not only was done for a lighter form of rock, it didn't even factor in the part of the pillar that is still offscreen in the photo I used, so it was INCREDIBLY conservative and you STILL want to argue it, lol... Anyway, not that it's done with and we win, I'm going to restate that Seph can't TK Link, and that AC = not being used unless you're going to se spite by giving us a composite Link.

Terryc250
Why do you keep saying im using AC when im not? Tell me where have I used AC?

Why can't Sephiroth TK Link?

And NO you didn't prove it was black granite at all, you only proved that they look kind of similar if black granite is ZOOMED up, while the pillar is viewed from a stiance, view black grranite and view the pillar from the exact same distance, and they look nothing like eachother.

Also, it's not hard to use a proxy, it's ridiculously obvious.

XanatosForever
Also, it's not hard to use a proxy, it's ridiculously obvious.

Consider yourself reported, Terry. I asked you kindly to refrain from any type of accusation.

ScreamPaste

Why can't Sephiroth TK Link?

And NO you didn't prove it was black granite at all, you only proved that they look kind of similar if black granite is ZOOMED up, while the pillar is viewed from a stiance, view black grranite and view the pillar from the exact same distance, and they look nothing like eachother.

Also, it's not hard to use a proxy, it's ridiculously obvious. Same reason Ganon can't.

Also, reported.

Voyeur

Voyeur
okay :3

Did you pay attention to the dialogue in the game?

It was stated that in AC Sephiroth reached a new height in power, meaning FF7 Sephiroth was his 2nd most powerful form, AC is his most powerful.

In AC he gained power over the entity Jenova itself, all the abilities Jenova has/had now belongs to Sephiroth, some that were shown throughout FF7 were
-Becoming intangeable
-Telekinesis
-Instant teleportation
-Telepathy
-Mind reading
-Regeneration
-Creating plagues
-Shapeshifting
-Powerful strength at unknown limits
-Extreme speed
-Disrupting lifeforce
-Bringing himself back to life with willpower

Sephiroth has complete control over the negative lifestream, and was able to cover the entire skies of midgar with just a gesture. If he wanted, he could've just summoned the NL right on Cloud and killed him there. In one part of the AC movie he TK'd the top of the building right ontop of Cloud.

and

Well then if we go by the game Dirge Of Cerberus(which happens after AC), it still states the events of Advent Children, so Sephiroths feats still stand.

And all the many other times you refer to Sephiroth and Advent Children that I don't feel like siphoning through the bull shit in the earlier posts and quoting you out each time, but there are more with a quick skim. Once again, I'll state it, even if it is part of the things, even if if is clearly related, it is an animated film. Not a video game. Game versus. Meaning the character must originate from a video game, which Sephiroth does, and the character must stick to what they're capable of in their video game, which you're trying hard to break. Keep it strictly to the game content and no more Advent Children stuff, such as the control of NL or etc etc because it's been debunked by me again. And I'll debunk you again. It's okay to admit when you're wrong, its a humble character trait to have and you should learn it <3

Also you once again are complaining about the type of rock the slab was, which I'll point...AGAIN, doesn't matter. It's the density, volume and height of such condensed matter with in that column, even if it was any kind of granite or rock, that matters. It's heavy, Link tossed it effortlessly.

And before you go quoting, bitching and complaing about how Screampaste or Xanatos on their stupidity in reporting you, I ask that you thoroughly read what I type now and my post above because I want you to know and be sure that I'm ****ing separate from them and I got my own intelligent ways of being able to knock down anything you throw at me. Now, the facts our out on the table and so far Sephiroth has the teleporation on his side but Link has extremely great reflexes and is a defensive fighter, along with his spells and abilities that both counter Sephiroths but I don't see Seph being able to avoid what I stated.

So take your time, read through everything. Bone up and get smart before jumping in with flaming and rants because you know this thread is just going to get closed any way.

edit: excuse the double post please.

fascistcrusader
The black granite business is BS. We don't know if it even exists in the world of OoT, to try to use a material from our world to describe theirs is just silly. Link lifting the pillar is an entirely unquantifiable feat, until there is an in game reference to its weight or a statement from Nintendo there's nothing to prove that rock weighs any weight its claimed to weigh. As it stands now it is completely immeasurable.

Voyeur
The black granite business is BS. We don't know if it even exists in the world of OoT, to try to use a material from our world to describe theirs is just silly. Link lifting the pillar is an entirely unquantifiable feat, until there is an in game reference to its weight or a statement from Nintendo there's nothing to prove that rock weighs any weight its claimed to weigh. As it stands now it is completely immeasurable.

It's obviously heavy to the point by canon that Link would even need the Golden Gauntlets to lift it. Even if we say it's regular Rock, or any sort of reasonable construction like stone, condensed into that height and volume, makes it the stated weight as before and Link can hurl it. Besides I like how others can bring in scientific, human world related objects and statements, facts into their feats and conversations by common sense translation, BUT OH NO! if we do it for Link, god forbid, the world is going to implode on itself with the best self facial known to man! Cut the crap. You guys are just using anything you can try to grab onto in hopes of making what we say is false, and failing at it. Continuously making spite Vs. threads against Link because we use intelligence to win in other threads. And for the record, again...

SOCKS?
Final judgment! We're not socks. We are all different people. have & share different views on things. And I met them through Super Smash Bros. Xat and was told about this and just started having fun.

Voyeur
http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Voyeur.ai
http://www.myspace.com/v0yeur
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218458

ScreamPaste
http://allisbrawl.com/profile/ShinTwistScreamPaste.ai

XanatosForever
http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Xanatos.ai

Cyner
http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Cyner.ai

Lootic
http://allisbrawl.com/profile/lootic.ai

and CosmicComet is some random guy I guess on here who isn't a Smasher.

So there you have it, stop using such a petty thing like calling ScreamPaste a sock by using proxies or anything else to try and gain some edge in arguments that we're winning. If our facts and posts are to hard for you to debunk and counter, then that means Link must win, right? Is it that hard to see there are separate people debating in his favor now and you can't take the bum rush of intelligent, scientific posts? Well to bad. Deal! And not just Link but anyone I or the others may be debating for. We have posted in other threads -.-

Terryc250
Sadly, I can because you want to take things above and beyond what there is no proof for. Dude, I'm sorry, it's ok, but Omnislash or Omnislash V5 are both physical attacks and nothing greater. Regardless of how they make it seem more then that for the cool, phase through slice effect. And here is yet another Omnislash, and then an example of V5. Cloud SLASHES through his opponent with his sword. A sword that is on the physical plane of existence and matter since you see it cut through other objects. So when he slices some one else, I'm guessing it's the same thing regardless of the skill being used. Once again, it's for dramatic effect. How dull would it if people just saw their favorite FF character ripped and sliced to shreds with blood and gore. Even in the clip you provided earlier, Aeris doesn't even bleed when Sephiroth stabs her.
IyS6BxhQQIA
Kek, any way I said drop it earlier and don't let this become the focus of the debate since it is meaningless.
Omnislash, Ultimate War God Slash Version 5 (Omnislash V5), Omnislash v5.0. (AC one) or any other Omnislash bull shit are all physical attacks and nothing more because there is no 100% proof to back up they would be other wise, since a sword slashing at things multiple times would be in the tangible area.
Why do you keep bringing up this blood junk? Im not saying its not physical because "theres no blood" i'm saying its not phsysical because you can CLEARLY see Cloud's bodies phasing THROUGH Sephiroth.

And why are you posting a video from Dissidia? That's not the real Cloud, nor is it the real Omnislash. You cannot use that for evidence at all, for example:

The Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts was completely different from the real Sephiroth, Sephiroth never had that kind of teleportation in KH, nor did he even have that outfit, same with the red scarf Cloud with the wing in Kingdom Heart, never really existed in FF7

Sephiroths Supernova in Dissidia was COMPLETELY different to his Supernova in the FF7 game, which one is actually canon though? Obviously the FF7 one is, because the characters in Dissidia arent the real canon character, nor are the moves.

No Link cannot use Farore's wind to warp around instantly, Farora's wind is more like a teleportation to a specific spot. Unless you have any proof to state otherwise.

The thing is Link isn't capable of having all of these abilities, because they aren't actually his abilities under his own power, they are like accessories, equipment he gains, etc. No such Link existed. He isn't even capable of carrying all of that at one time. I'm talking a canon Link that really existed, pick a Link that is canon please.

That's nonsense. Give me a statement saying the master sword makes link invulnerable/immortal to anything it considers evil.

Show me Link using ether. Sephiroth can basically tank elemental attacks like nothing anyway. And Links sword spinning crap has no chance of hitting Sephiroth.

WOW, first of all, thats not even s statement stating that Majora's Masks attacks at the speed of sound haha!

second of all, what causes the sonic boom is the very END of the whip that whiplashes back, it's NOT the entire whip that is causing the sonic boom noise, claiming the entire whip moves at the speed of sound is ridiculous.

thirdly, the fight was completely gameplay and has no suggestion that Link dodged every single whip attack, he most likely blocked most of it.

Again, show me, you claimed Link was able to instanly teleport and that was a lie.

.. ? I don't understand why you posted the plot of Sephiroth contaminating the lifestream.

Sephiroths regeneration is as shown as he can regenerate complete bodies from a piece of Jenova, instantly. He did it throughout FF7. A finger can be regenerated into a fully complete Sephiroth body, or Jenova monster. The speed of the regeeneration? Basically instantly, In the video i showed you, Sephiroth drops a piece of Jenova, it turns into a monster right away instantly, when Sephroth was revived in ac, his body regenerated instantly.

XanatosForever
There's only one thing I want to comment on here.

WOW, first of all, thats not even s statement stating that Majora's Masks attacks at the speed of sound haha!

second of all, what causes the sonic boom is the very END of the whip that whiplashes back, it's NOT the entire whip that is causing the sonic boom noise, claiming the entire whip moves at the speed of sound is ridiculous.

Yes. That's right. The portion of the whip that breaks the sound barrier is the tip.

Now...Terry...can you tell me what portion of a whip is used in an attack? Is it the tip? I'm pretty sure it's the tip. So...if the tip is used to attack...and the tip is what breaks the sound barrier...then is it not feasible to consider a whip attack to be faster than the speed of sound?

I mean, I dunno, maybe it's just another crazy idea from me.

*sighs* More snark. I hate being snarky. I apologize, but that statement just had me...http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/Xanatos513/BetterFacepalm.gif

Voyeur
Read everything I type again because I answered about have of your questions already in my original post and you butchered and misunderstood a lot of it. Is english your second language? if so I'll be slower mate. Honestly I'm done with you until you study and learn things for yourself. This isn't that I'm giving up on the over all debate or conversation, it's just at this point in time you're a waste of time.

I won't sit here going in circles with you about things that are common sense. Stop being a fan boy mate. When you're ready to actually debate, use your brain, facts, quotes and not this fan fiction bull shit, then dude I'm all down for this. But until then....it's like...I'm Sheik In Melee and you're a below scrub Mewtwo main. Peace for now though <3 *stretch*

edit: OH it is Canon Link. Everything I've been using and saying are actual Canon, 100% full proof, legit and real Link. Link using spells, like with out Items? YEAH, its called, PLay the other freaking games. He actually has magical abilities to cast spells with out using items. If I was going to restrict this to a specific TITLE (not a Link, who are all Canon. Since they're all Link) but a title, I'd personally pick Legend of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link. But others in here will want different.

besides the thread owner, didn't rerstrict Link to a title. he's just Link. LINK IS LINK. LINK is canon by all means of every game he's ever appeared in title wise.
Legend of Zelda
Legend of Zelda 2: adventure of Link
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

omg and so much more. So please stfu and learn about what canon means and that Link is Link by canon rule of everything I stated of his abilities thus far. Peace out kiddo for now, until you spark my brain to see you as interesting to debate with and a challenge.

Terryc250
okay :3

and
The only feat i said that was actually from AC was TK'ing the building.

The rest are feats from FF7, displayed by Jenova, stated by the RF, UOG, etc.

No, i'm referring to the TIMELINE of AC, which is a year before the events of the GAME Dirge of Cerberus. Going by Dirge of Cerberus GAME, it was stated takes place a year after Sephiroth unleashed Geostigma on the planet, and took control over the negative lifestream, going by the GAME plot, Sephiroths has the feat. What part of that don't you understand?

Why do you keep talking like Link did it under his own strength? He was using the Golden Gauntlets to lift it, you can give the Golden Gauntlets to Princess Zelda and she could lift it.

Link doesn't have anything to prove that he has some kind of godly reflex's haha, dodging a whip doesn't mean you're dodging the speed of sound at all. Unless the entire whip travels at the speed of sound in which, it does not.

Bone up and get smart? It's funny when people get kids start to start making personal attacks. Calm down, it's only an online debate, just because your claims are being debunked, it's not the end of the world.

fascistcrusader
Terry, check your PMs.

Voyeur
*yawn* none of my claims have been debunked.

:]

You simply just aren't smart enough to see when I've already won mate. You see, the tip of the whip and at one point even the whip itself is traveling at the speed of sound, and faster then it to break the sound barrier. Hence the sonic boom. Here you go again,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_barrier
See those attacks are dodged by Link. Now if a human with a bull whip can break the sound barrier with their own strength, you don't think a God entity like Majora can not? ...come no...common sense <3

And like half of his abilities you related to Sephiroth having are from AC and I understand it plays a part in the time line. I stated that before it relates to it but you gotta play by the rules and stick to what the game gives you my dear.

I said he used them, and he did use the gauntlets, its stated in the respect thread. The gauntlets are canon. Thank you

any way, I actually am going to go train and condition my Sheik game at the moment cos' I'm pretty rusty. ... ;3 alright got DACUS off first try, not to rusty.

I know my Final Fantasy 7 bs because of an old friend, but do you know all your well endowed Link Lore? come on, any way. You're kind of boring because....you repeat yourself and haven't intelligently opposed any thing against me. You did almost seem like you'd be smart and have some real back bone at first but now...nah...you resorted to fan boyism like fascist and calling us socks and lame shit which have nothing to do with the deabte.

Peace out for now, kek.

ScreamPaste
So.. once Link wins this, does that mean he officiall is > the FF7 universe and we can move onto bringing another underrated character into the spot light? =P

Voyeur
So.. once Link wins this, does that mean he officiall is > the FF7 universe and we can move onto bringing another underrated character into the spot light? =P

how about Sheik vs Link, and the easy undeniable way to win is

GIMP his recovery hahaha

Terryc250
Read everything I type again because I answered about have of your questions already in my original post and you butchered and misunderstood a lot of it. Is english your second language? if so I'll be slower mate. Honestly I'm done with you until you study and learn things for yourself. This isn't that I'm giving up on the over all debate or conversation, it's just at this point in time you're a waste of time.
Wow going around throwing a temper tantrum because you're being debunked isn't the proper way to act around here, accept and concede when its necessary Voyeur.

You're not one to talk there bud. What fanfiction have i said? None. Everything I have said is I have legitimate proof.

Fanfiction is you stating:

"zomg Link can like 10000 tons because he lifted something that i want to be black granite with the gauntlets!!" or "!! Link can instant teleport antywhere!! (when clearly he cannot) or "Link dodges the speed of sound!! (ridiculous)."

NONE of those you have legitemate proof for, they are just your claims trying to amp Link up.

No, is Link capable of carrying ALL of those stuff at the same time? No.

The Link you're making up, is an AMALGAM Link, meaning a Link that doesn't really exist, having every single power from every game which he has NEVER had before.

Canon games? Sure. Canon Links? Sure. Canon Link? No. That Link never existed.

Terryc250
You simply just aren't smart enough to see when I've already won mate. You see, the tip of the whip and at one point even the whip itself is traveling at the speed of sound, and faster then it to break the sound barrier. Hence the sonic boom. Here you go again,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_barrier
See those attacks are dodged by Link. Now if a human with a bull whip can break the sound barrier with their own strength, you don't think a God entity like Majora can not? ...come no...common sense <3
The whip itself is NOT travelling at the speed of sound ROFL!

Ok, let me break it down for you so maybe you can understand.

You're claiming that the whip travels at the speed of sound because it breaks the sound barrier correct? Now, what makes it break the sound barrier? The entire whip moving? Or the very end of the whip snapping back? Right, it's the very end of the whip snapping back, as long as you move out of the radius of the end of the whip, you're safe from harm. You're not literally "dodging the speed of sound" HAHA.

For example with small mightymite firecracker explosion. Say the explosion output travels at the speed of sound. If someone lit a mightymite firecracker and threw it out you. You move out of the way, and it explodes not harming you, did you dodge the speed of sound? No. you simply moved out of the "area of effect"

The entire whip itself doesn't move at the speed of sound, simply the very end that snap back does, moving out of the "area of effect" before the whip snaps back doesn't mean you're dodging sound speed.

No, the only feat that from AC movie that cannot be used is when Sephiroth dropped the top of the building on Cloud with TK. In DoC game, Sephiroth did take control over the lifestream. Sephiroth doesn't even die, only his body is gone.

Lot's of people played FF7. If i ask my friend who played 1 zelda game does that make me a legend of zelda genius? No.

The compilation of FF7 is big, 2 movies, 5 games, a few guides with information from the creators.

You're talking nonsense rubbish right now, is this what you do when you're frustrated and losing a debate? Seriously, stick to the topic and stop crying.

It's true that those accounts have coincidently signed up, in a very short time span, and coincidently post right after eachother as if you're logging in and out of each account under a different proxy. What's funny is that since i've brought it up earlier, now all of a sudden the time span between posts have widened as if you took my advice.

You can't blame me for being suspicious.

But back to the point, Sephiroth wins, willpower him still, or Negative Lifestream for the kill, or speedblitz for the kill (no Link cannot dodge the speed of sound, don't start that rubbish).

And what can Link do? Nothing basically. Characters in FF7 dodge bullets like nothing at all, take Zack for example. He was infused with some Jenova cells, those Jenova cells made him into superhuman who can dodge multiple machine guns, all similtaniously firing at him. He dodges them all like nothing. He gained that power just by being infused with Jenova cells. Sephiroth is the Jenova entity itself.

fascistcrusader
Whoa, whoa whoa, they're trying to claim that Link dodging a whip means he's faster than Mach 1? LOL!

Perhaps the puppets on ignore can learn something today. The whip does not move the speed of sound. The very tip of a whip very briefly breaks it by snapping back, but this in only the little tip of the whip and it only achieves this sped for a fraction of a second. Rolling out of a whip's way is not breaking the sound barrier, that's even more ridiculous than claiming Link can lift 1,000 tons. laughing

Voyeur
Whoa, whoa whoa, they're trying to claim that Link dodging a whip means he's faster than Mach 1? LOL!

Perhaps the puppets on ignore can learn something today. The whip does not move the speed of sound. The very tip of a whip very briefly breaks it by snapping back, but this in only the little tip of the whip and it only achieves this sped for a fraction of a second. Rolling out of a whip's way is not breaking the sound barrier, that's even more ridiculous than claiming Link can lift 1,000 tons. laughing
Once more; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_barrier
Tell me, what part of the whip is aimed at Link and he must dodge?
The tip.
Majora' lashes out and the end points of his whip attacks are what come at you and you must evade accordingly. The actual whip at one point, like the body of it, would be traveling at the speed of sound if not near it, then the tip breaks that sound barrier, going faster then the speed of sound, then Link has to dodge all that speed on reflex.
Thank you very much.

And I have a quote here from my official Nintendo Player Guide. (not licensed by, but official)
"Gold Gauntlets, which only lift giant granite pillars." -ONPG

I hope that helps clear up and put an end to useless bickering of the strength feat proven many times over of what Link throws. As in Rock, As in volume, height, mass, and so on. I'm sorry, but with those items Link is very strong, 1000+ tons.

Please. "LOL"ing and childish mocking will accomplish nothing for you and it makes this debate stuff really boring and easy. I do this for the "kek" but I have yet to find one person able to challenge and stimulate me with opposing intelligent facts or quotes.

I beg and urge for you please to study and read things carefully, increase your brain capacity and knowledge and then continue these sort of arguments. Until then I find this very dull.

And mate, I simply just grow bored of your bull shit that you can't smell or see because you're in it for to long. It isn't a matter of me ever being debunked, which I have accepted in other threads, but you can't be able to do with Sephiroth.

Hell, I don't even like Link. I ****ing LOVE Sheik though.

EDIT: I know you're going to ***** about the official guide quote so when I have time I'll try to get scans.

Terryc250
Dude, in that wikipedia page it says the TIP is what breaks the sound barrier, keyword: TIP. Obviously anyone knows the entire whip doesn't travel at the speed of sound or else the entire whip would be extremely hard to see, only the tip when it lashes is hard to see.

Once again, move out of the Area of Effect (which is the tip of the whip) and you're safe. Does it mean you just dodged the speed of sound? No.

Voyeur
Dude, in that wikipedia page it says the TIP is what breaks the sound barrier, keyword: TIP. Obviously anyone knows the entire whip doesn't travel at the speed of sound or else the entire whip would be extremely hard to see, only the tip when it lashes is hard to see.

Once again, move out of the Area of Effect (which is the tip of the whip) and you're safe. Does it mean you just dodged the speed of sound? No.

simple physics are simple.

*rolls eyes*

what don't you get that the whip, as a whole, the actual body of it would at one point have to be going at the speed of sound or more because it is the built up momentum and velocity with inertia continuing and the end result being the tip of the whip where it will be released as it's full limit, since the item (the whip, Majora's whips) ends at the tip.

Start ----> building up speed and momentum ----> faster ----> speed of sound ----> faster ---> Tip * sonic boom * (Link-dodge)

haha lame chart but yeah, I mean there you have it.

Even if you guys had extensive knowledge of anythings in the academic sense, there is a HUGE lack luster of common sense on here and that is like, highly needed to understand simple things.

In example (i.e.) A jet doesn't start off at sonic speed. It must build up velocity and momentum to reach it, and break the sound barrier. So the whip has to do the same.

ScreamPaste
The tip is the section at the end, used to attack. Link had to dodge said tip, lol. TADAAAH.

And Link can lift 1000+ tons easily, as he can throw that amount, lol. Furthermore, that math was EXTREMELY conservative.

Silly fanboys in denial of Link's feats D: We have proofz (h)

Also, if the original nintendo guide has the word granite in it, I think that kinda wins the argument for us.

Terryc250
Umm no you don't have proof.. nor are you in a position to call anyone a fanboy with that imagination of yours.

Start ----> building up speed and momentum ----> faster ----> speed of sound ----> faster ---> Tip * sonic boom * (Link-dodge)

Link has all that time to move out of the area of effect. Does it mean he just dodged the speed of sound? No.

Only the tip reaches speed of sound and sonic boom.

Quit trying to up-play Link more then he actually is

ScreamPaste
You fail to down play Link.. Lemme explain this so you can understand.

The entire weaopn is in motion simultaneously, the longer the weapon is the faster it's tip moves because it has a much greater span of distance to cover in the same amount of time. You have debunked nothing, simply been in denial.

Terryc250
Motion simultaneously?? Buddy, the entire whip sets up momentum for the TIP of it, the TIP is what makes the crack sonic boom noise, not the entire whip itself. Link has all that time (where i bolded) to move out of the tips area of effect.

You're blinded by your fanboyism to see perfectly sound logic.

ScreamPaste
from the instant the handle is manipulated the tip enters motion. TADAH.
there's no time spent building up energy at all, user of the whip simple maniuplates the handle so that the tip goes where he wants it. No real person ever dodges a whip, they're missed.
You hate seeing Seph lose.

XanatosForever
Umm no you don't have proof.. nor are you in a position to call anyone a fanboy with that imagination of yours.

Link has all that time to move out of the area of effect. Does it mean he just dodged the speed of sound? No.

Only the tip reaches speed of sound and sonic boom.

Quit trying to up-play Link more then he actually is

Even by allowing your argument that Link only needs to avoid the AoE of the whip's crack, do you think dodging whips is a simple task? Sure, it may not be the most practical weapon, but that doesn't make any less dangerous.

Tell you what, why don't you try and find footage of someone attempting to dodge a whip, and if they make it seem very easy, then I'll at least concede this point.

fascistcrusader
Terry, check your PMs, please.

Terryc250
From the instant the handle moves, its not nearly going anywhere close speed of sound, nor does even half the whip reach close to the speed of sound, only the end tip that snaps back does.

Sephiroth loses how? What can Link even do to him?

Even by allowing your argument that Link only needs to avoid the AoE of the whip's crack, do you think dodging whips is a simple task? Sure, it may not be the most practical weapon, but that doesn't make any less dangerous.

Tell you what, why don't you try and find footage of someone attempting to dodge a whip, and if they make it seem very easy, then I'll at least concede this point.

It sure as hell isn't as hard as "dodging the speed of sound"

It's not easy finding that kind of video, because ppl dont randomly dodge a whip then post a video of it. Just like its hard to find a video of someone dodging a boomerang thrown at them.

I did, and i know.

ScreamPaste
In the same sense that a sword doesn't reach it's maximum speed until it's in full swing, which proves nothing for you, the tip enters motion at the same time it's handle is manipulated, this isn't an attack, once Majora has is going to attack he cracks the whip and it strikes at super sonic speed. If you watch any one use a whip they keep it in motion, so really, yes Link reacted to the attack before the sound of it could reach him.

Things Link could do to Sephiroth? There;s very little Link can't do to Sephiroth.

Voyeur

ScreamPaste
Voy, I've only been using OoT Link, a composite Link would spite Seph into the ground.

Voyeur
well, I'll be using a Legend of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link mostly.

so go figure, until the TS says other wise it is fair game :3

fascistcrusader
Good.

Voyeur
I did, and i know.
Good.
Super :]

Terryc250
In the same sense that a sword doesn't reach it's maximum speed until it's in full swing, which proves nothing for you, the tip enters motion at the same time it's handle is manipulated, this isn't an attack, once Majora has is going to attack he cracks the whip and it strikes at super sonic speed. If you watch any one use a whip they keep it in motion, so really, yes Link reacted to the attack before the sound of it could reach him.

Things Link could do to Sephiroth? There;s very little Link can't do to Sephiroth.
You can't compare a sword to a whip. The entire purpose of the whip is to get that "whiplash" at the tip of the whip. THAT is where the speed of the whip is, the tip. Not the whip itself, but the part that quickly changes direction (the very end), that's where the speed is, not the entire whip itself.

And the fight was entirely gameplay, you cannot claim Link dodged every one of his whips, for all we know he got struck and just blocked a bunch of them with his shield.

What can Link do to Sephiroth?

Again, only the TIP reaches that speed, all Link has to do is dive out of the tips range and he's safe. It doesn't mean he dodged the speed of sound at all. That's clearly nonsense.

You didn't debunk anything, you even think Omnislash and OmnislashV5 are the same thing, no one claimed the Omnislash in FF7 was non-physical. OmnislashV5 CLEARLY is non-physical. You're only excuse is that "The movie isnt rated R!!" Which is just silly, you clearly see Clouds entire body pass through him, how do you explain that?

And no, your link is not a canon link. Just like if you go to Comic book versus forum. If someone says "Captain America" do any of the debators create some Amalgan Captain America, which contains all the powers of Captain America from the Ultimate universe, Zombie Universe, What If universe, 616 Universe, and from the movies? No. Because thers no such Captain America, its not canon.

Voyeur
Dude, no character in any comic book is ever canon.
To many authors and writers.

Comic book Versus actually exists? like...that's pain in the ass. Dr Manhattan is probably banned. haha

Just let this little kid win Scream. Anyone who wants to take the time to read through the thread and see the actual outcome will notice it, we'll be talking about the same bull shit over and over with him.

"Omnislash (V5) being physical."
"Whips and sound barrier."
"Granite."

Seeing from his last post shows he doesn't even read what I type, or if he does, he has a hard time with comprehension, because half the stuff I apparently have said and done, I can't recall. I must off been sleep typing again. oh and Final Fantasy fan, you should know that in the movie that isn't Omnislash V5. Square Enix themselves officially said it was v5.0. or some bs.

If your attempts are to just drill over the same thing over and over, over, over, over, over, and over and over and over again to win debates. then it works. So I'll feed your E-ego and let some one else deal with your juvenile mind set. You're not a challenge or a good debater. And I know you'll reply to this by saying "lol mad cus you cantz debunk meh lololol" But that is far from the point obviously. I could debunk you, but you'll just bring up the same stuff over and over. You won't listen to reason and it just makes it dull. That Kain kid knows a thing or two, you should look at how he utilizes his characters powers. Until you learn your character is beatable and not the best, and that it is okay to lose, you will not get any where and I feel bad for people around you since it's a trait that carries over into real life sadly. I use to be young too, heh.
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I just already gave up cause i noticed I was arguing against a guy who is basically dedicated to grey fox no expression
Originally posted by niduin
oh come one guys thats not fair, sure i think fox is a bad ass and is a really cool character, but that doesnt mean that i wont listen to reason, if you give up on the forum let it be because you dont have any other arguments not because you think i wont give up cuz if you prove me wrong i will admit to it
replace Grey Fox with Sephiroth in the first quote and learn from that niduin guy, he's pretty keen.

kek, peace :]

ScreamPaste
Haha, the great part is he's arguing how it works, a whip is never allowed to rest in a position it can't be cracked from, Majora's no slouch and cracked those whips everytime. The tip enters motion as soon as the handle does, the general movement forms an arc or "loop" which a slight tug cracks, it's basic, and effective, there's noway to know where the whip is going until it's cracked, Link dodged and reacted in that time frame, as a child.

Besides which point Seph has no strength, Link can shrug off any hits he does get in, if any, and his sword is utter anathema to Sephiroth, getting close = gettign sworded and death.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread, the winner is obvious. Until Sephiroth shows can he even hurt Link I'm out.

CosmicComet
Majora used 2 whips no less, both maybe 40 feet long...yeah...try justifying to yourself that 'its only tips!' and 'easy to predict' from there.

Link wins.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>