Heralds vs Marvel Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Stardust
Silver Surfer (current)
Morg

vs

Thor (current)
Sentry
Quasar (current)

No BFR. They battle at the moon.

Enyalus
Team Two for the slight majority. For whatever reason, I think Sentry can hold off Morg until Quasar and Thor win their fights.

D_Dude1210
So when u say slight majority, it's 6/10 or 7/10? stick out tongue

Enyalus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
So when u say slight majority, it's 6/10 or 7/10? stick out tongue

Yeah probably 6/10 because I've got little faith in Sentry holding his own for that long against Morg, and Quasar vs. Stardust would be very difficult...

Nice thread.

D_Dude1210
What if you switch the combatants, tho?

Stardust stalls Thor
Surfer takes on Sentry
Morg battles Quasar

As the heralds are potentially faster (reaction-wise) than Quasar, then the matching might be at their discretion and not the Earth team's.

guy222
ME

Enyalus
What if you switch the combatants, tho?

Stardust stalls Thor
Surfer takes on Sentry
Morg battles Quasar

I think Thor/Surfer, Stardust/Quasar, and Morg/Sentry make the most sense matchup wise, and that's what they'd attempt to get at.

Otherwise Thor walks over Stardust (see Stardust vs. BRB fight, 'cept worse), Surfer walks over Sentry, and Morg probably kicks Quasar's ass.

D_Dude1210
Well, Stardust would know better (or at least figure it out after trying to tussle with Thor for the first few seconds) and then would simply try to stall and harass him at max range while Surfer battles the Sentry. Most of the time, I can see this working. Tho, I can imagine a few instances where Thor beats down Stardust like an old Raggedy-Ann doll quickly even when Stardust plays the defensive game.

Not sure if Sentry is smart enough or has the powerset to play stall games with the Surfer tho.

I think Morg and Quasar would be a close close match (if Quasar plays it smart and doesn't allow the Axe to tag im) and will depend on who (between SS and Thor) manages to beat whose enemy first.

I think it's quite an even match but will also concede and give it to ME about 6/10.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins it for Marvel Earth.

Naija boy
For marvel earth to win, Thor would have to take on surfer. If not surfer would probably take sentry in a few seconds and give his team the advantage.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Naija boy
For marvel earth to win, Thor would have to take on surfer. If not surfer would probably take sentry in a few seconds and give his team the advantage.

S'what I was thinkin. On a matchup determined by ME, Thor would take on Surfer, win the majority and take it for his team. But on a matchup determined by the Heralds, they would use their potentially superior reflexes/speed to stall Thor (they shud use stardust for this) and beat on the weaker guy first (sentry) to give them a 3v2 advantage. I know Thor is badass but I don't think he can take on BOTH stardust and surfer by his lonesome (while Morg stalemates Quasar).

D_Dude1210
I'm willing to bet, tho. Regardless of the results...

The moon is doooomeeed...!

Slaanesh
Herald FTW..

Harbinger
Heralds win.

PowerCosmic
I would like to see a Silver Surfer and Thor rematch just to see how much an upgrade they both had. I could see team 2 taking the win but just barely. It will have to come down to those two guys in determining the match.

I think Sentry would do fairly well against Morg considering he took out Terrax with ease. I'm not saying its going to be easy taking on Morg, but Sentry is not going to fall down to him either.

complexbrother
I belive heralds for the win.

D_Dude1210
Nice mix of responses. I count 3 for ME and 3 for Heralds. smile Clearly opinions are split here...

I think it will come down to battle selection and combat strat. I see it as a close fight with ME having the advantage of strongest single member (Thor) and Heralds having the clear advantage in overall member power.

With a good matching on the heralds side, Thor can be stalled and Sentry can be taken down for the win...

Mekrob
Stardust holds off Thor

Surfer kills Sentry

Morg most likely beats Quasar.

AlmightyKfish
You know current Quasar is made ofenergy?

Couldn't Surfer just absorb him then nuke Sentry/Thor with him?

I mean, Current Quasar hasn't shown enough of what he can do to make a good judgment here, but that was just an idea.

Enyalus
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
You know current Quasar is made ofenergy?

Couldn't Surfer just absorb him then nuke Sentry/Thor with him?

Quasar has energy manipulation at least on par with Surfer though. If we're going that route, Stardust is made of energy...can't Quasar or Thor absorb her?

Quasar vaporized 20+ Superskrulls at once. IMO that kinda force would KO Morg.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Enyalus
Quasar has energy manipulation at least on par with Surfer though. If we're going that route, Stardust is made of energy...can't Quasar or Thor absorb her?

If he tried that move here though,hed BFR himself.

AlmightyKfish

Well, we don't know how current Quasar's powers work.

He hasn't shown the same level of energy manip/absorbtion he used to have.

And the vapourising thing. Lets be honest, those Superskrulls would get decimated by any high herald. I mean, through the course of SI the new Superskrulls were killed by bullets, mid metahuman's and Wolverine. Vapourising a bunch of cannon fodder isn't that impressive. I mean, it's good, but the blast Quasar made didn't even scratch Nova's shield. It also, KO'd Quasar for over a week.

D_Dude1210
You guys think Sentry can break Morg's axe? big grin

Enyalus
You guys think Sentry can break Morg's axe? big grin

Well Terrax used Morg's axe for a little while. Maybe some of Terrax's fail rubbed off on it.

Mekrob
Well Terrax used Morg's axe for a little while. Maybe some of Terrax's fail rubbed off on it. Morg's axe has never been drawn by Romita Jr though... moot point.

D_Dude1210
I can imagine Sentry catching Morg's hand and give him the ol' LEAVE NOW look only to get pimp slapped...

Mindset
Today, when I was shaving , I wanted to see what I looked like with a Hitler 'tache. Since I was shaving anyway I just left that part and figured I'd shave it later. Well I was goose stepping around my room for awhile and then forgot about it. I ran into my girlfriend's parents later that day. FML

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mekrob
Morg's axe has never been drawn by Romita Jr though... moot point.

That would spell major suckage, yes.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Today, when I was shaving , I wanted to see what I looked like with a Hitler 'tache. Since I was shaving anyway I just left that part and figured I'd shave it later. Well I was goose stepping around my room for awhile and then forgot about it. I ran into my girlfriend's parents later that day. FML
no expression Dude...

I mean, that's funny. But its also a little scary. 'Cause I can see myself doing something like that unintentionally, too. And that wouldn't be cool.

Mindset
You're right it wouldn't just be cool, it'd be the coolest thing to ever happen, ever.

D_Dude1210

O_O well... um.. ouch!

Enyalus
You're right it wouldn't just be cool, it'd be the coolest thing to ever happen, ever.
So, did you just roll with it? Sieg heil, and all that?

AlmightyKfish

FML is a great website.

laughing

Lord Feron
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
FML is a great website.

laughing

thumb up

lionking
surfer one shots earth destorying the planet.

or he makes the gravity 200,000,000 times more powerfull

he has millions of ways to kill everyone on earth

if surfer is written write he is unstoppable.

Mekrob
Originally posted by lionking
surfer one shots earth destorying the planet.

or he makes the gravity 200,000,000 times more powerfull

he has millions of ways to kill everyone on earth

if surfer is written write he is unstoppable. You didn't even pretend to read the title, let alone the OP, did you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.