Black Bolt vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Both combatants are blood-lusted and going for the kill. No BFR.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/89156-86313-black-bolt_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/150352-20151-thor_super.jpg

Mindset
They each may only need one hit to ko the other.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindset
They each may only need one hit to ko the other. true...I know bb has shields, Im not clear on thor's defensive capabilities

can he use mjolnir to absorb the energy from bb's scream?

Harbinger
Thor.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Harbinger
Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Black Bolt is very powerful, but his versatile power set, Thor can defend himself from Black Bolt's voice as long as he needs to with the ability to create his mystical vortex's etc.

Anyways, Black Bolt has a very versatile power set, and would put an amazing fight. One of the few beings that could, but Thor has more raw power on tap in my opinion and would come out on top.

Enyalus
Bloodlusted Blackbolt wins, IMO.

Hopefully we get to see that next issue of WoK.

The Nuul
Thor

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Black Bolt is very powerful, but his versatile power set, Thor can defend himself from Black Bolt's voice as long as he needs to with the ability to create his mystical vortex's etc.

Anyways, Black Bolt has a very versatile power set, and would put an amazing fight. One of the few beings that could, but Thor has more raw power on tap in my opinion and would come out on top. how does thor defend against BB's fullout scream?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Enyalus
Bloodlusted Blackbolt wins, IMO.

Hopefully we get to see that next issue of WoK. BB is fighting Thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Black Bolt blood lusted would increase in power etc. but his main threat the voice, can be taken by Thor because of his powers.

His energy, matter manipulation, are trumped by Thor's own versatile power set.

Going all out, with the Odin Force etc. Thor should win this fight.

Abilities like the God Blast are still viable options and as powerful as Black Bolt is, I doubt he could take a full out God Blast from Current Thor and survive, or at least be conscious.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Starscream M
BB is fighting Thor?

No, but he looks pissed the **** off.

Starscream M

Abilities like the God Blast are still viable options is god blast really a viable tactic against black bolt?

godblast seems to require thor to remain stationery and there seems to be some lag time in executing the attack...not sure if he could even hit someone as fast as bb with the godblast

Starscream M
Black Bolt blood lusted would increase in power etc. but his main threat the voice, can be taken by Thor because of his powers.
which powers of thor allows him to take BB's scream?

Rage.Of.Olympus
which powers of thor allows him to take BB's scream?

His ability to create indestructible mystical vortex's. He can create one around himself that was able to contain the Life-Bomb etc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
is god blast really a viable tactic against black bolt?

godblast seems to require thor to remain stationery and there seems to be some lag time in executing the attack...not sure if he could even hit someone as fast as bb with the godblast

Once he makes the vortex, it seems that he doesn't have to constantly rotate his hammer. That would give him sufficient time needed.

Starscream M
His ability to create indestructible mystical vortex's. He can create one around himself that was able to contain the Life-Bomb etc. how viable is it for thor to do that with a blood-lusted black bolt on his case? (ie...is it instantaneous to create a mystical vortex?)

Rage.Of.Olympus
how viable is it for thor to do that with a blood-lusted black bolt on his case? (ie...is it instantaneous to create a mystical vortex?)

As close to instantaneous as it comes. It happens from Thor spinning his hammer around himself, and he has been able to spin his hammer around at speeds faster than light if I recall.

Even without his mystical vortex, Black Bolt will be hard pressed to put Thor down, even with his voice.

guy222
Thor

Naija boy
This is a really tough one. a full out scream from Blackbolt would kill(or at least come very close to killing) any one below translevel and would kill even some of those on trans level. However current thor has greatly enhanced durrability (taking the destroyers blasts) as well as being able to create extremely powerful forcefield/vortexs. On the other BB definitely wouldnt be able to survive a durok like lightning attack or a Godblast. Thor wins.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
On the other BB definitely wouldnt be able to survive a durok like lightning attack or a Godblast. I am skeptical of godblast being used against someone as fast as BB. from the instances of godblast I'm aware, thor has to be stationery and the godblast has a certain amount of lag time to execute.

OneDumbG0
Hmmm...

Kris Blaze
I am skeptical of godblast being used against someone as fast as BB. from the instances of godblast I'm aware, thor has to be stationery and the godblast has a certain amount of lag time to execute.

Sure as hell worked on the Enchanters.

And you don't know anything.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I am skeptical of godblast being used against someone as fast as BB. from the instances of godblast I'm aware, thor has to be stationery and the godblast has a certain amount of lag time to execute.

True, Black Bolt is extremely fast but Thor being to execute the attack should not be any problem with his abilities and power.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

And you don't know anything. reported. now stop trolling.

D_Dude1210
Thor and BB hit each other with their strongest attacks and kills each other...

Loki wins.

Naija boy

The only time taken is for the build up of his godly energies. and that in itself isnt to long. Also with the level of wind and storms that thor can create(powerful enough to temporarily hold back even surtur) then BBs mobility wil be greatly reduced.

Starscream M
The only time taken is for the build up of his godly energies. and that in itself isnt to long. Also with the level of wind and storms that thor can create(powerful enough to temporarily hold back even surtur) then BBs mobility wil be greatly reduced. true...thor could use wind, lightning, and storms to buffer against BB. good point.

Rage.Of.Olympus
true...thor could use wind, lightning, and storms to buffer against BB. good point.

True he could, but with his ability to create Force Field's, energy and matter manipulation abilities, Black Bolt would be able to gain some footing.

Of course Thor can create storms of incredible power. On a planetary scale even, so they will be able hold back Black Bolt for as long as Thor needs him to be held back.

kgkg
Thor

FrothByte
Thor

Kris Blaze
Think I'm gonna have to see some of these speed feats.

I read all the Inhuman series and never once did I see anything that indicates his superiority in speed. Thor has far more speed feats.

reported. now stop trolling.

Trolling?

It did in fact work on an enchanter.

And you clearly do not know anything.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He isn't saying Black Bolt is superior to Thor speed wise, what he means is that, could a God Blast be a viable tactic against someone as fast as Black Bolt as their is some execution timing that has to have Thor stationary.

There isn't any execution timing for the God Blast from what I read. Thor just talks a lot before he fires it. The moment he stops talking, the God Blast attack is instantaneous.

It could be viable that Black Bolt could dodge it with his flight, and speed abilities.

He is fast enough keep up with Nova without any problem, speed blitzed an opponent who I believe might have been sub light or as fast as light (Have to double check that encounter.), he out flew Ikaris I believe (Have to double check that as well.) etc.

With his reflexes, flying abilities, ability to augment his physical stats, it could be reasoned that Black Bolt could stop Thor if there was an execution time for the God Blast but there isn't any with his ability to create mystical vortex's, he has all the time in the world.

Badabing

And you don't know anything. Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Think I'm gonna have to see some of these speed feats.

I read all the Inhuman series and never once did I see anything that indicates his superiority in speed. Thor has far more speed feats.

Trolling?

It did in fact work on an enchanter.

And you clearly do not know anything. Okay Kris, please stop. Why don't you take the time to explain instead of telling him he doesn't know anything?

h1a8
His ability to create indestructible mystical vortex's. He can create one around himself that was able to contain the Life-Bomb etc. BB can scream well before Thor even tries that.

psycho gundam
how does thor defend against BB's fullout scream? same way he tanked the dread destroyer's ultimate disintegrator beam.

DeathKap
I like Black Bolt, but I have to go with Thor.

MightyEInherjar
Wouldn't bloodlusted Thor essentially Warrior Madness Thor? That changes the dynamics of this fight entirely.

Kasper Gutman
Thor wins this. Thor just beat a more powerful Blackbolt. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned it yet as it just happened. Bor versus Thor. Bor went nuclear, for lack of a better word, and would have destroyed the planet if Thor hadn't stopped him. Bor's power mimicked what BB's scream looked like on panel but was vastly more powerful. Thor took it, advanced on Bor and killed him. That says a lot, Bor was a skyfather level "hero" who may have been tougher in melee combat then either Odin or Thor. BB goes down hard in this fight. The Bor fight shows on panel evidence that Thor walks through BB's scream and kills him. I hate typing that, I'm a BB fanboy.

Mindset
I don't even know what to say to that, this will have to suffice:

No

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
The Bor fight shows on panel evidence that Thor walks through BB's scream and kills him. lolwut?

Based on what feats of BB's scream do you base this?

Mindset
Because Bor's energy that was pushing Thor back is obviously the same as a scream from BB, I mean, they were drawn similar right.

Keep up, sport.

Mekrob
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Thor wins this. Thor just beat a more powerful Blackbolt. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned it yet as it just happened. Bor versus Thor. Bor went nuclear, for lack of a better word, and would have destroyed the planet if Thor hadn't stopped him. Bor's power mimicked what BB's scream looked like on panel but was vastly more powerful. Thor took it, advanced on Bor and killed him. That says a lot, Bor was a skyfather level "hero" who may have been tougher in melee combat then either Odin or Thor. BB goes down hard in this fight. The Bor fight shows on panel evidence that Thor walks through BB's scream and kills him. I hate typing that, I'm a BB fanboy. No flow rate at all.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mekrob
No flow rate at all.

I agree. Just like my mother, way too many periods.

Mekrob
Originally posted by Enyalus
I agree. Just like my mother, way too many periods. Anything to keep her from reproducing, amirite.

Enyalus
Anything to keep her from reproducing, amirite.
urrite.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Original Smurph
lolwut?

Based on what feats of BB's scream do you base this?

You know what? He's actually got a point. Are we really going to claim Black Bolt can do more damage than someone who is almost certainly skyfather? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Classic would have been a good match, but not current.

Thor has shown power leaps and bounds higher than Black Bolt.

Kasper Gutman
I can switch to run on sentences if that makes it easier for some : )

Kasper Gutman
If you can't make the leap comparing the end of the Bor vs Thor fight and a BB vs Thor fight...well, um I don't know what else to add. Seems an obvious comparison.

jalek moye
classic one would be really close. But now i dont think blackbolt could really more then maybe 2-3 hits from thor unless he amped for like an entire day.

but it i could see some wins going to blackbolt if he screams before thor throws mjolnir into his little antenna on his head.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You know what? He's actually got a point. Are we really going to claim Black Bolt can do more damage than someone who is almost certainly skyfather? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Classic would have been a good match, but not current.

Thor has shown power leaps and bounds higher than Black Bolt.

Yup, I was gonna say.

Black Bolt's scream is pretty overrated, and Smurph is his number 1 fan.

jalek moye
Yup, I was gonna say.

Black Bolt's scream is pretty overrated,
not really, not many people could take his scream

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by jalek moye
not really, not many people could take his scream

I hear you say that, but there are hardly any incidents where he has hit someone with a scream.

How can you know? :/

jalek moye
I hear you say that, but there are hardly any incidents where he has hit someone with a scream.

How can you know? :/
cuz he drops top tier heralds with casual talk and whispers to the ear

Kris Blaze
cuz he drops top tier heralds with casual talk and whispers to the ear

And how the hell does that make him capable of taking on Thor w/odinforce?

The only "top tier herald" he "dropped" was Gladiator with a sneak attack, and that was temporary. No matter how strong you think Black Bolt is, Classic Thor's offensive output far trumps his.

jalek moye
And how the hell does that make him capable of taking on Thor w/odinforce?

The only "top tier herald" he "dropped" was Gladiator with a sneak attack, and that was temporary. No matter how strong you think Black Bolt is, Classic Thor's offensive output far trumps his.
gladiator, hulk like 4 times. he's also beaten plenty of high up villans. and his scream is way more powerful then what classic thor would do.

I said he'd lose to current thor

Kris Blaze
gladiator, hulk like 4 times. he's also beaten plenty of high up villans. and his scream is way more powerful then what classic thor would do.

I said he'd lose to current thor

- Gladiator got back up.
- Hulk IS NOT a top tier villain
- High up villains? No one who's top tier villains.
- You can't PROVE that his voice is more powerful, especially not when Thor's destroyed small planetoids, fires energy blasts strong enough to destroy planets where as Black Bolt's best feat is....making volcanos erupt?

jalek moye
- Gladiator got back up.
- Hulk IS NOT a top tier villain
- High up villains? No one who's top tier villains.
- You can't PROVE that his voice is more powerful, especially not when Thor's destroyed small planetoids, fires energy blasts strong enough to destroy planets where as Black Bolt's best feat is....making volcanos erupt?
never said hulk is a villin. but he is a really powerful hero hence all the teams he broken down teams and giving thor some of the hardest fights hes had.

not really hes also destroyed entire cities, oblitereted large warships disentegrated people. etc. None of those are screams. Hell thor had trouble taking him down when he didn't use his voice till he figuring out how to stop him from amping.

and like i said current thor wins, but against classic thor it can go either way.

Kris Blaze
never said hulk is a villin. but he is a really powerful hero hence all the teams he broken down teams and giving thor some of the hardest fights hes had.

not really hes also destroyed entire cities, oblitereted large warships disentegrated people. etc. None of those are screams. Hell thor had trouble taking him down when he didn't use his voice till he figuring out how to stop him from amping.

and like i said current thor wins, but against classic thor it can go either way.

- Didn't mean to say villain, sorry about that. I meant top tier herald. Thor's "one shotted" the Hulk before, and is his physical equal where as Stan Lee had Bolt down as inferior to Hulk (in strength).

- All of these feats are shit compared to what Thor's done. Like I said, come back when Bolt's produced enough power to destroy a planet.

- Also notice how Thor actually took him down without any kind of energy attacks or lightning. The weather is an extension of Thor's limbs for crying out, it's as much a part of him as Bolt's voice is a part of him.

- Black Bolt has A LOAD of other ways to attack people then his voice.

jalek moye

- Also notice how Thor actually took him down without any kind of energy attacks or lightning. The weather is an extension of Thor's limbs for crying out, it's as much a part of him as Bolt's voice is a part of him.

thors lightning isnt as powerful as he is phsycally against most foes. and aside from the godblast he knew his energy attacks would really do much.

Kris Blaze
thors lightning isnt as powerful as he is phsycally against most foes. and aside from the godblast he knew his energy attacks would really do much.

You don't really know anything about Thor I see.

No one who's steadily read Thor comics can make such a claim :/

jalek moye
You don't really know anything about Thor I see.

No one who's steadily read Thor comics can make such a claim :/
that the lightning isnt all that powerful aginst the higher up foes. well unless he sits there and does it repeatdly its not gonna be more effective.

bbrem123
- Didn't mean to say villain, sorry about that. I meant top tier herald. Thor's "one shotted" the Hulk before, and is his physical equal where as Stan Lee had Bolt down as inferior to Hulk (in strength).

- All of these feats are shit compared to what Thor's done. Like I said, come back when Bolt's produced enough power to destroy a planet.

- Black Bolt has A LOAD of other ways to attack people then his voice.

blackbolt voice is capable of ripping a hole in reality...but true thats not quite destroying a planet

Kris Blaze
that the lightning isnt all that powerful aginst the higher up foes. well unless he sits there and does it repeatdly its not gonna be more effective.

What do you know?

At least his lightning has taken out Hulk instantly, and Durok :/

Originally posted by bbrem123
blackbolt voice is capable of ripping a hole in reality...but true thats not quite destroying a planet

Thor once mended a "hole in reality" with Mjolnir.

Mindset
Originally posted by bbrem123
blackbolt voice is capable of ripping a hole in reality Yea, by using Reed's tech.

Original Smurph
Yup, I was gonna say.

Black Bolt's scream is pretty overrated, and Smurph is his number 1 fan. Actually, my point was that since there are zero canon feats of Black Bolt screaming that I'm aware of, and few of anything even approaching a shout, there's really little for us to go on to make an assumption either way.

I agree that Thor wins this match, as I've said from the beginning.

Kris Blaze
Actually, my point was that since there are zero canon feats of Black Bolt screaming that I'm aware of, and few of anything even approaching a shout, there's really little for us to go on to make an assumption either way.

Yup, hence why I'm claiming that Thor has more power output feats.

Also, Black Bolt screamed against Apocalypse smile

Original Smurph
Yup, hence why I'm claiming that Thor has more power output feats.

Also, Black Bolt screamed against Apocalypse smile Which I'm not disputing...

Also, no he didn't. smile

Kris Blaze
Which I'm not disputing...

Also, no he didn't. smile

Yes he did!!

Original Smurph
Yes he did!! k

h1a8
The question is can Thor resist a BB scream (or whisper).
Good sense says no.

Another question is can Thor do anything before BB utters a word.
Good sense says no.

So how can Thor win any?

Mindset
Thor can take the Destroyers attack, but not even a whisper from BB?

mmkay

h1a8
Thor can take the Destroyers attack, but not even a whisper from BB?

mmkay

Taking a punch is not the same as taking his blasts.

Mekrob
Originally posted by h1a8
Taking a punch is not the same as taking his blasts. Well... nevermind.

Why do you argue about things you have no understanding of, or have never seen before?

Rage.Of.Olympus
BB can scream well before Thor even tries that.

Thor can use the God Blast before that.

In all seriousness though, Thor can spin his hammer at speeds faster than light. He can put up a vortex before Black Bolt screams.

Thor is one of the few people who can take what Black Bolt has to dish and keep on coming. Black Bolt even with his voice would be hard pressed to put Thor down. He could but he would be hard pressed.

Either way, I see this is an incredible fight, where both opponents are top tier but I see Thor coming out on top.

Mekrob

In all seriousness though, Thor can spin his hammer at speeds faster than light. He can put up a vortex before Black Bolt screams. huh

Rage.Of.Olympus
huh

What don't you get?

Starscream M
What don't you get? prob the part he quoted

Mekrob
What don't you get? How Thor can do a 5 second Godblast before BB can open his mouth.

Or how just because Thor can swing his hammer at lightspeeds, that he can create a vortex to defend (which his vortex's take more time than screams).

What Thor can do however, is put his hammer straight out to defend it, or swing it around like he does to block bullets. He's not doing anything fancy before BB screams... that's ridicerous.

Mindset
Taking a punch is not the same as taking his blasts. Yes, I'm aware of that, now what does that have to do with my post?

Rage.Of.Olympus
How Thor can do a 5 second Godblast before BB can open his mouth.

Or how just because Thor can swing his hammer at lightspeeds, that he can create a vortex to defend (which his vortex's take more time than screams).

What Thor can do however, is put his hammer straight out to defend it, or swing it around like he does to block bullets. He's not doing anything fancy before BB screams... that's ridicerous.

He has created his vortex in moments before. Mere moments. He has a chance of doing that before Black Bolt screams. All he has to do is spin his hammer around if I recall.

It's plausible.

If Black Bolt screaming from the beginning is viable, then Thor being able to use the God Blast is viable as well. From what I understand, he can do the God Blast in moments. He just speaks a great deal before using it as when he is done talking it attacks instantaneously.

Mindset
Clock how long it takes you to open your mouth and yell.

Unless you have some physical or mental defect, it should be a fraction of a second.

h1a8
Well... nevermind.

Why do you argue about things you have no understanding of, or have never seen before?

I must have somewhere missed that Thor has taken a direct blast from Destroyer. If so then please show me so that my ignorance can end.

Starscream M
He has created his vortex in moments before. Mere moments. He has a chance of doing that before Black Bolt screams. how long do you define 'mere moments'?

and how long do you think it takes for black bolt to open his mouth?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Clock how long it takes you to open your mouth and yell.

Unless you have some physical or mental defect, it should be a fraction of a second.

I know it happens very quickly but it's still plausible that Thor can create a vortex to protect himself. He just has to spin his hammer around himself, and he can spin his hammer at speeds faster than light if I recall.

If he stops with all the great speeches that he usually does and just goes directly to it. It is plausible.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I must have somewhere missed that Thor has taken a direct blast from Destroyer. If so then please show me so that my ignorance can end.

It happened in "Thor Vol.3 #5".

Mekrob
He has created his vortex in moments before. Mere moments. He has a chance of doing that before Black Bolt screams. All he has to do is spin his hammer around if I recall.

It's plausible.

If Black Bolt screaming from the beginning is viable, then Thor being able to use the God Blast is viable as well. From what I understand, he can do the God Blast in moments. He just speaks a great deal before using it as when he is done talking it attacks instantaneously. MOMENTS!
lol, that's a long time for something quicker than a scream.

He has to focus to use the Godblast...

Mekrob
I know it happens very quickly but it's still plausible that Thor can create a vortex to protect himself. He just has to spin his hammer around himself, and he can spin his hammer at speeds faster than light if I recall.

If he stops with all the great speeches that he usually does and just goes directly to it. It is plausible. And then Thor creates a light duplicate, before BB screams.

h1a8

In all seriousness though, Thor can spin his hammer at speeds faster than light. He can put up a vortex before Black Bolt screams.

Thor is one of the few people who can take what Black Bolt has to dish and keep on coming. Black Bolt even with his voice would be hard pressed to put Thor down. He could but he would be hard pressed.

Either way, I see this is an incredible fight, where both opponents are top tier but I see Thor coming out on top.

Then you know nothing of Thor. True he can whirl the hammer faster than light (probably speed of light since can't time travel anymore) but it takes him a long time to build up enough speed to do this. Thor has never in his entire history executed a God blast, vortex, or anything else that is super exotic before someone can utter a word.

Mekrob
I must have somewhere missed that Thor has taken a direct blast from Destroyer. If so then please show me so that my ignorance can end. I wouldn't have to show you the scan though, if you have ever even glanced at the battle.

You're arguing about things you have no knowledge of, and demanding everyone to prove everything they say. Do some damn research before you start typing. Everyone else does.

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Thor vs the Destroyer

http://img163.imagevenue.com/loc774/th_82469_Thor_5_DCP_0016_122_774lo.jpghttp://img145.imagevenue.com/loc883/th_82480_Thor_5_DCP_0019_122_883lo.jpghttp://img201.imagevenue.com/loc545/th_82502_Thor_5_DCP_0021_122_545lo.jpghttp://img184.imagevenue.com/loc354/th_82509_Thor_5_DCP_0023_122_354lo.jpg
http://img108.imagevenue.com/loc984/th_82511_Thor_5_DCP_0024_122_984lo.jpghttp://img196.imagevenue.com/loc133/th_82523_Thor_5_DCP_0027_122_133lo.jpghttp://img180.imagevenue.com/loc203/th_82535_Thor_5_DCP_0028_122_203lo.jpg
http://img37.imagevenue.com/loc701/th_82540_Thor_5_DCP_0030_122_701lo.jpghttp://img37.imagevenue.com/loc839/th_82546_Thor_5_DCP_0031_122_839lo.jpghttp://img186.imagevenue.com/loc360/th_82553_Thor_5_DCP_0032_122_360lo.jpg

Also, the above battle is exactly what I was saying before of what Thor could do. He's not creating anything fancy, but he can deflect the attacks.
An actual wind vortex that he creates takes a lot longer than simply spinning his hammer would.

Rage.Of.Olympus
MOMENTS!
lol, that's a long time for something quicker than a scream.

He has to focus to use the Godblast...

All he has to do is spin Mjolnir around him and he can do that at speeds faster than light. I don't see why it isn't plausible.

He just talks a great deal before he uses the God Blast from I recall. The attack happens nearly instantaneously after he stops talking. As long as the hammer is facing Black Bolt, and he doesn't give a speech describing his actions, it should be an instantaneous attack as well.

It was only the time against the Celestials that Thor uttered some long lost words.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Then you know nothing of Thor. True he can whirl the hammer faster than light (probably speed of light since can't time travel anymore) but it takes him a long time to build up enough speed to do this. Thor has never in his entire history executed a God blast, vortex, or anything else that is super exotic before someone can utter a word.

I know nothing of Thor?

I certainly know a great damn more than you. He was able to spin his hammer at speeds twice as fast as light instantly after he stopped talking.

If it wasn't for his speeches he would be able to produce the God Blast instantaneously. It happens instantly after he stops talking.

Starscream M

If it wasn't for his speeches he would be able to produce the God Blast instantaneously. It happens instantly after he stops talking. or perhaps, just perhaps, he has an opportunity to speak because the godblast requires some charge up?!

oh, that can't possibly be it!

Rage.Of.Olympus
or perhaps, just perhaps, he has an opportunity to speak because the godblast requires some charge up?!

oh, that can't possibly be it!

Have you actually read the comics where he does the God Blast?

After his description of his actions, it happens instantaneously. Either way, it's not as if it's the only thing Thor can do to defend himself so this is pointless.

Naija boy
Unbelievably, i have to agree with Starscream here. Thor cant create a fancy vortex befoe BB screams. his best bet would be to do his hammer spinning thing. (assuming that works)

Mekrob
All he has to do is spin Mjolnir around him and he can do that at speeds faster than light. I don't see why it isn't plausible.

He just talks a great deal before he uses the God Blast from I recall. The attack happens nearly instantaneously after he stops talking. As long as the hammer is facing Black Bolt, and he doesn't give a speech describing his actions, it should be an instantaneous attack as well.

It was only the time against the Celestials that Thor uttered some long lost words. Because when he creates vortex's it takes longer than opening your mouth and screaming. erm

He has to focus first, and he has to become one with his hammer...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor_vol2-514-012-32-33.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor_vol2-514-012-34.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsGalactusfirst5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsGalactusfirst6.jpg

This one especially:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsCelestial2.jpg

Not looking for the Juggy one, but I know that one took a while too.

Kris Blaze
Unbelievably, i have to agree with Starscream here. Thor cant create a fancy vortex befoe BB screams. his best bet would be to do his hammer spinning thing. (assuming that works)

Why wouldn't hammer spin work?

Vortex doesn't take long either.

Starscream M
Have you actually read the comics where he does the God Blast?
have you? because it's pretty clear to anyone who has read any of the godblast scans that it's nowhere near 'instantaneous'.

Naija boy
Why wouldn't hammer spin work?

Vortex doesn't take long either.

I never said it wouldnt work. Now that i think about it, it should work as ive seen thor defelct even air waves with his hammer spinning. I was just leaving room for argument.

and yes the vortex doesnt take that long but he would definitely take more damage than neccesary if he goes for that first. Hammer spin will suffice.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because when he creates vortex's it takes longer than opening your mouth and screaming. erm

He has to focus first, and he has to become one with his hammer...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor_vol2-514-012-32-33.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor_vol2-514-012-34.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsGalactusfirst5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsGalactusfirst6.jpg

This one especially:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsCelestial2.jpg

Not looking for the Juggy one, but I know that one took a while too.

Again, he talks a great deal before he uses it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_WeakThorvsJuggernaut14.jpg

If he stopped talking, and just used the attack, it should happen incredibly quickly.

Either way, like I said earlier in this thread, the Vortex should be his main defensive weapon and like I said earlier against Starscream, with the ability to create vortex's, the execution time of all his attacks, shouldn't be a problem.

The God Blast should still be a viable attack as it seems he doesn't need to constantly spin his hammer to keep it up. Meaning he can stop spinning and then use the God Blast.

Either way...

Rage.Of.Olympus
have you? because it's pretty clear to anyone who has read any of the godblast scans that it's nowhere near 'instantaneous'.

If he stopped talking so much, and just used the attack, it would be a valid form of attack.

h1a8
I wouldn't have to show you the scan though, if you have ever even glanced at the battle.

You're arguing about things you have no knowledge of, and demanding everyone to prove everything they say. Do some damn research before you start typing. Everyone else does.

Also, the above battle is exactly what I was saying before of what Thor could do. He's not creating anything fancy, but he can deflect the attacks.
An actual wind vortex that he creates takes a lot longer than simply spinning his hammer would.

That scan is bs. It contradicts the majority of comics. Therefore it is PIS. A destroyers blast can and will disintegrate Thor on contact. Unless that wasn't the Destroyer's disintegrating beam but rather a less powerful one.

The Destroyer had telegraphed the attack (his visor gleamed). This gave Thor time to prepare to swing his hammer. Mjolnir didn't block the attack but rather absorbed it. This is because a simple blast from the Destroy can split the hammer easily. And that would make comics contradict themselves. Thus he didn't swing it faster than light as you thought but rather was creating a field to absorb the attack.

BB's scream takes on a larger area. So even if Thor does manage to spin his hammer before the voice reaches him then it wouldn't stop all the surrounding voice.

Mekrob
Again, he talks a great deal before he uses it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_WeakThorvsJuggernaut14.jpg

If he stopped talking, and just used the attack, it should happen incredibly quickly.

Either way, like I said earlier in this thread, the Vortex should be his main defensive weapon and like I said earlier against Starscream, with the ability to create vortex's, the execution time of all his attacks, shouldn't be a problem.

The God Blast should still be a viable attack as it seems he doesn't need to constantly spin his hammer to keep it up. Meaning he can stop spinning and then use the God Blast.

Either way... Did you miss how he was describing what exactly he does?

No, because he has to become with his hammer first... it's not like he simply points and fires it.

Because that's what Thor always does... use a vortex. But it is, because it doesn't happen nearly as fast as screaming.

The Godblast is never a viable attack. It takes time to do, and he has to unite with his hammer... even said to be agonizing as well.

Fancy attacks certainly are faster than opening your mouth. As well as opening his mouth doesn't take away his ability to move slightly to the left...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor with Odin Force > Classic Thor

Thor's hammer absorbs energy on a scale beyond Black Bolt's power. "If"he can absorb Black Bolt's scream, then even though his hammer's width is so small, it would absorb his scream entirely. It did it to the Null Bomb.

Mekrob
If he stopped talking so much, and just used the attack, it would be a valid form of attack. Also, ignoring everything that surrounds the G-blast, did you miss where CIS was in effect on the forum?

That scan is bs. It contradicts the majority of comics. Therefore it is PIS. A destroyers blast can and will disintegrate Thor on contact. Unless that wasn't the Destroyer's disintegrating beam but rather a less powerful one.

The Destroyer had telegraphed the attack (his visor gleamed). This gave Thor time to prepare to swing his hammer. Mjolnir didn't block the attack but rather absorbed it. This is because a simple blast from the Destroy can split the hammer easily. And that would make comics contradict themselves. Thus he didn't swing it faster than light as you thought but rather was creating a field to absorb the attack.

BB's scream takes on a larger area. So even if Thor does manage to spin his hammer before the voice reaches him then it wouldn't stop all the surrounding voice. Right, you didn't see the scan before I showed it to you. All I proved was that you argue about things you know nothing about.

Also, to answer this post (I only quickly glanced over the first part, and am not going to re-read anything...), Thor is more powerful. It contradicts nothing.

Kris Blaze
Fancy attacks certainly are faster than opening your mouth. As well as opening his mouth doesn't take away his ability to move slightly to the left...

Do you know how fast the godblast travels?

I don't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Did you miss how he was describing what exactly he does?

No, because he has to become with his hammer first... it's not like he simply points and fires it.

Because that's what Thor always does... use a vortex. But it is, because it doesn't happen nearly as fast as screaming.

The Godblast is never a viable attack. It takes time to do, and he has to unite with his hammer... even said to be agonizing as well.

Inside his Vortex, the God Blast would be a viable attack as he would have all the time he wants.

He can spin his hammer at speeds faster than light and has shown to do it instantly as he has shown. He completely covered himself in a vortex instantly. It's a valid form of defense.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Also, ignoring everything that surrounds the G-blast, did you miss where CIS was in effect on the forum?

Thor isn't the same person he was in his Classic incarnation. His attitude proves that.

Either way, it's not as if Thor cannot take Black Bolt's scream. He certainly can and Black Bolt would be hard pressed to put him down at all.

I give this win to Thor.

Mekrob
Do you know how fast the godblast travels?

I don't. Yes.

Inside his Vortex, the God Blast would be a viable attack as he would have all the time he wants.

He can spin his hammer at speeds faster than light and has shown to do it instantly as he has shown. He completely covered himself in a vortex instantly. It's a valid form of defense. Inside his vortex? It was describing that he actually builds up speed faster and faster to create the shield vortex to encompass the 1/5 universe destroying blast...
At least I'm glad we have Thor now taking cover so he can use his Godblast... as well as a more powerful Thor using methods that he would never use to defeat Black Bolt. Guess Black Bolt is pretty tuff.

Right... anyway, CIS is on.

Before it gets said, there's a difference between attacks that Thor has to concentrate on and never creates, and BB simply opening his mouth more of an attack he uses regularly.

Starscream M

Either way, it's not as if Thor cannot take Black Bolt's scream. He certainly can based on what?

Mekrob
Thor isn't the same person he was in his Classic incarnation. His attitude proves that.

Either way, it's not as if Thor cannot take Black Bolt's scream. He certainly can and Black Bolt would be hard pressed to put him down at all.

I give this win to Thor. Right... his current incarnation's attitude has never created a Godblast, or a mystical vortex.

OK. I never said anything about that, or who wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Inside his vortex? It was describing that he actually builds up speed faster and faster to create the shield vortex to encompass the 1/5 universe destroying blast...
At least I'm glad we have Thor now taking cover so he can use his Godblast... as well as a more powerful Thor using methods that he would never use to defeat Black Bolt. Guess Black Bolt is pretty tuff.

Thor has created a vortex around himself instantly in the past and did while spinning his hammer at speeds twice the speed of light and he did from the get go.

Black Bolt is pretty tough but Thor is tougher.

Before it gets said, there's a difference between attacks that Thor has to concentrate on and never creates, and BB simply opening his mouth more of an attack he uses regularly.

Okay then.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Right... his current incarnation's attitude has never created a Godblast, or a mystical vortex.

OK. I never said anything about that, or who wins.

His current incarnation has had an attitude change compared to his classic incarnation. He talks less and kicks ass more.

Rage.Of.Olympus
based on what?

Based on Thor's durability feats.

psycho gundam
thor for the definite win at the moment, after war of kings comes to a close it will definitely show what blackbolt WILL do under stress so the result of this particular might change a bit. but thor is still no matter what holding the odin power to some extent, took a desintigrator shot and carried on, and killed bor, so he can't lose a majority to bb, maybe lose some depending on the bb's attitude.

bb has a ton of options, but thor has at least double the offensive and defensive options bb has, which is a lot. and thor's durability is too high for anything but a scream or a series of shouts to compromise, and even that's dubious due to odin force. but you have to give bb the benefit of the doubt, in war of kings his power's will most likely be on full display.

thor 10/10. assuming bb goes balls to the walls thor 6-8/10.

Mekrob
Thor has created a vortex around himself instantly in the past and did while spinning his hammer at speeds twice the speed of light and he did from the get go.

Black Bolt is pretty tough but Thor is tougher.

Okay then. What instance? Would this be when he teleports?

His current incarnation has had an attitude change compared to his classic incarnation. He talks less and kicks ass more. Ya, and hasn't shown the attitude to create a Godblast, or a vortex. Irrelevant.

Naija boy
CIS isnt on in this match is it? I mean isnt it bloodlusted?

Mekrob
CIS isnt on in this match is it? I mean isnt it bloodlusted? Which means they're trying to kill each other... and likely taking away from the abilities they use in a clear mind.

bloodlust kind of screws with cis though

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
and thor's durability is too high for anything but a scream or a series of shouts to compromise, and even that's dubious due to odin force. there isn't enough showings of thor's durability lately to put him that high.

sure, taking the destroyer blast was impressive, but then he was beaten badly by Rulk.

Original Smurph
CIS isnt on in this match is it? I mean isnt it bloodlusted? Bloodlusted Rhino is still an idiot.

psycho gundam
yeah, no CIS and bloodlusted are totally different things.

bloodlusted just means...basically they are just that, out for blood. they might kill their opponent in rage without even intending to do so, it just happens due to a savage beating. most of the time, bloodlusted characters fight sloppier than normal, the only thing is that they won't stop pounding/slashing you till your ground beef.

CIS off is just the character using their abilities and fighting like they were fighting game characters controlled by a logical person, personalities are thrown to the wayside since a win asap is the goal.

Starscream M
Bloodlusted Rhino is still an idiot. how is that relevant to thor or bb?

bloodlusting rhino likely wouldnt even change his tactics much, if at all

whereas bloodlusting BB and thor would likely change their fighting options greatly

Mekrob
sure, taking the destroyer blast was impressive, but then he was beaten badly by Rulk. And then you realize that Loeb is an idiot. Doesn't count.

psycho gundam
rulk > bor. what have you been reading?

Starscream M
And then you realize that Loeb is an idiot. Doesn't count. loeb may be an idiot, but rulk beating thor still happened. until the new thor gets more durability feats so that we can either accept or dismiss the rulk incident as PIS, we have to put it into consideration when discussing thor's durability.

Naija boy
Which means they're trying to kill each other... and likely taking away from the abilities they use in a clear mind.

bloodlust kind of screws with cis though

ORiginally i thought this as well but in the MM vs WWH thread i asked Bada

and he answered

Originally posted by Badabing
If the thread starter states bloodlust, then all bets are off. If not then it falls back to in character.

Mekrob
loeb may be an idiot, but rulk beating thor still happened. until the new thor gets more durability feats so that we can either accept or dismiss the rulk incident as PIS, we have to put it into consideration when discussing thor's durability. No we don't. Loeb is an idiot.

Starscream M
No we don't. Loeb is an idiot. ok

Mekrob
That's what I thought.

Original Smurph
how is that relevant to thor or bb?

bloodlusting rhino likely wouldnt even change his tactics much, if at all

whereas bloodlusting BB and thor would likely change their fighting options greatly The point is that Character Induced Stupidity doesn't go away just because someone's mad.

They're still stupid.

I would have thought that was obvious, but I forgot you were still posting in this thread. My apologies.

psycho gundam
cis still impairs bloodlust imo.

when thor was in warrior madness mode, he was just attacking anything that moved, and he was just slugging it out and using electrical attacks.

it's like an injured beast fighting, not tacticle at all.

the only exeptiones imo are batman, punisher and other guys who can appearantly focus their rage without going totally berserk. those guys even when totaly enraged can still fight just as they could before, only just that more damaging.

shit, punisher's been bloodlusted since the seventies.

Starscream M
The point is that Character Induced Stupidity doesn't go away just because someone's mad.

They're still stupid.

I would have thought that was obvious, but I forgot you were still posting in this thread. My apologies. whoa...touchy aren't we?

so what is an example of CIS for BB?

I understood CIS as meaning BB wouldn't normally unleash his more powerful attacks (ie scream) because he prefers nonmortal combat...but with bloodlust on, even his deadliest attacks become viable options at battle's start.

psycho gundam
^ not really, but i'll let smurph tackle that one.

Starscream M
cis still impairs bloodlust imo.

when thor was in warrior madness mode, he was just attacking anything that moved, and he was just slugging it out and using electrical attacks.
there's a difference between warrior madness and bloodlust imo.

warrior madness is a different state of mind whereas bloodlust simply means one's moral barriers are gone.

hence, bloodlust would make no difference on a character like Doomsday since he goes for the kill anyways whereas it would impact a character like Superman, who normally holds back for the sake of not killing or seriously injuring his opponent.

Starscream M
^ not really, but i'll let smurph tackle that one. perhaps I'm getting the idea of CIS wrong. How do you define CIS?

psycho gundam
warrior madness is the asgardian name for bloodlust. it's when an asgardian loses themselves in the throws of battle, and they stop holding back their strength.

Original Smurph
whoa...touchy aren't we?

so what is an example of CIS for BB?

I understood CIS as meaning BB wouldn't normally unleash his more powerful attacks (ie scream) because he prefers nonmortal combat...but with bloodlust on, even his deadliest attacks become viable options at battle's start. Touchy? Nah, just rude.

CIS for BB?

If Black Bolt's bloodlusted, he may become less prone to using his myriad of extra abilities. Recently he took on Glads in h2h combat because he was pissed, and he probably could have done a number of things instead that would have been more effective.

Even with bloodlust, Black Bolt's still not gonna unleash a scream. Not against Thor, anyways. BB's never been stated to have screamed in his entire canon career. I doubt he'll start now.

Starscream M
warrior madness is the asgardian name for bloodlust. it's when an asgardian loses themselves in the throws of battle, and they stop holding back their strength. I understand that. but there is a distinction between bloodlust on KMC as it is with warrior madness.

For example, when Wolverine goes berserker, he is in bloodlust mode.

But if in a Wolverine thread on KMC, we stipulate him to be bloodlusted...that doesn't mean we are stipulating him to be in berserker rage mode.

Bloodlust simply means that a character has no qualms about killing when used in a versus thread.

Starscream M
Touchy? Nah, just rude.

CIS for BB?

If Black Bolt's bloodlusted, he may become less prone to using his myriad of extra abilities. Recently he took on Glads in h2h combat because he was pissed, and he probably could have done a number of things instead that would have been more effective.

Even with bloodlust, Black Bolt's still not gonna unleash a scream. Not against Thor, anyways. BB's never been stated to have screamed in his entire canon career. I doubt he'll start now. ok, I guess my understanding of bloodlust differs from yours

I took bloodlust not necessarily to imply combatants are actually blind with rage during the fight, but just that their usual qualms for holding back are removed.

Original Smurph
ok, I guess my understanding of bloodlust differs from yours

I took bloodlust not necessarily to imply combatants are actually blind with rage during the fight, but just that their usual qualms for holding back are removed. CIS doesn't cover just inhibitions, it's also how a character fights.

Thor with bloodlust isn't going to stark breaking out the hundreds of powers he's been shown to have just because he's now not holding back.

CIS and Bloodlust are not mutually exclusive.

psycho gundam
perhaps I'm getting the idea of CIS wrong. How do you define CIS? any character's inate inability to use their power's, abilities, or reasources due to personality, training, etc. to their full extent to win a confrontation their power's, reasources, or abilities can handle.

basically in our world, the armed forces (especially the marines) try to strip the "CIS" that every man/woman has to turn them into the perfect combatant.

without CIS, guys would be sooner bfr'd over actually engaging them with fisticuffs, and at the same time preventing themselves from being bfr'd ...you get the picture.

psycho gundam
CIS doesn't cover just inhibitions, it's also how a character fights.

Thor with bloodlust isn't going to stark breaking out the hundreds of powers he's been shown to have just because he's now not holding back.

CIS and Bloodlust are not mutually exclusive. thumb up

batman rather hit a woman in the face then use a pistol in cold blood.

Starscream M
Does CIS even relate to characters like Thor or Blackbolt?

Here is bada's definition:

"Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates."

his choice of rhino and jar jar lead me to think CIS is only applicable to seriously mentally deficient characters.

psycho gundam
that definition isn't all encompassing since guys like blackbolt and batman are not dumb at all, they just have a code of ethics and/or responsibility over their actions that they took years to hone.

secret invasion: war of kings 1 shot, blackbolt used a weapon built by maximus that could channel his powers, maximus had that shit stored there for years and also had the know how to create it if they got into trouble.

a combo of blackbolt + that weaponry + lockjaw + maximus leading a team of alpha primitives (to re build the machine in modules) could take out the skrull homeworld, the shi'ar etc. in ...a month. but blackbolt isn't a genicidal maniac now is he.

h1a8
Bloodlust means that a character is willing to do whatever it takes to kill.
It doesn't mean that a character is less tactical and more bestial. On the other hand it actually means that the character is a lot more tactical since the character has more options to choose from. Characters retain their full wits but with an added absence of mental blocks.

Mekrob
Bloodlust means that a character is willing to do whatever it takes to kill.
It doesn't mean that a character is less tactical and more bestial. On the other hand it actually means that the character is a lot more tactical since the character has more options to choose from. Characters retain their full wits but with an added absence of mental blocks. ...

Rage.Of.Olympus
What instance? Would this be when he teleports?

His spun his hammer at faster than light speeds on different occasions and he has done it near instantly in the past.

Yes, one such time is when he travels through time and when he teleports.

Ya, and hasn't shown the attitude to create a Godblast, or a vortex. Irrelevant.

What I mean is that, Thor isn't the same Thor he was in the past. He isn't one for long winded speeches before every attack anymore.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Inside his vortex? It was describing that he actually builds up speed faster and faster to create the shield vortex to encompass the 1/5 universe destroying blast...

You're point? He has created vortex's by spinning his hammer around instantly, and that's all. He doesn't have to constantly keep spinning. He even had time to contact Odin, and ask him to remove the enchantments from his hammer.

He can create a vortex, and he would have plenty of time use the God Blast or any other attacks once he is in his vortex.

That's what I said when I said Thor using his God Blast is a viable option. He would need to create a vortex for a powerful God Blast like the one he used against the Celestial Brain Dome.

Throw in the fact that he can create vortex's that are intangible or invisible, and he has all the time in the world plus that surprise factor.

He doesn't need the God Blast, to win. He can certainly win, without it and would win without using it.

Right... anyway, CIS is on.

With CIS on, Black Bolt using his scream etc. isn't going to happen very likely.

More of an attack that he uses regularly?

I don't think Black Bolt has ever screamed in his entire career (A whisper, a word or two spoken is the most, even when pissed off.).

Thor on the other hand, has used the God Blast, on at least 3 occasions, and he has created vortex's multiple times on multiple occasions. He doesn't have to concentrate to create them.

Original Smurph
With CIS on, Black Bolt using his scream etc. isn't going to happen very likely. He probably won't scream.

He probably will speak.

It'll still be faster and a more immediate option than Thor choosing to do something that he hasn't displayed the will to do since his resurrection.

Even prior to that, what you're suggesting wasn't often used. Now Thor has a brand new attitude and is evidently even less likely to go that route.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He probably won't scream.

He probably will speak.

It'll still be faster and a more immediate option than Thor choosing to do something that he hasn't displayed the will to do since his resurrection.

Even prior to that, what you're suggesting wasn't often used. Now Thor has a brand new attitude and is evidently even less likely to go that route.

Speak? That is a possibility.

Are you suggesting that Thor cannot do the God Blast or something along those lines?

I highly doubt that. Classic Thor rarely used it, and Current Thor had only one challenge, and that was Bor, since his resurrection.

Thor's brand new attitude shows that he is wiser, and less arrogant, but more willing to do what is necessary. In my opinion it is more likely he will utilize his exotic power set, and use the power at his disposal such as the Odin Force more so than before.

Thor using the God Blast, is a valid option.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>