Implied Force: The Sentry vs Dr. Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
The Sentry: hyped as to what he could do, but never really has actually done (eg, if the power of a million exploding suns had really happened in WWH, there'd have been no solar system left).

Dr. Manhattan: existed for a dozen issues in a story not crafted for power display. We get hints of what he can do, but again, nothing a handful of other characters couldn't also do.

Thinking inferentially, extrapolating beyond on-panel showings and statements, what would be a top feat for either character, something which really cements home the scope and depth of their power?

Who'd win in a fight?

Grinning Goku
Power of a million exploding suns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blue Penis.

Mindset
Sentry stalemated Galactus

Original Smurph
Dr. M was implied to be god minus the omniscience.

Mindset
Well Odin is omnipotent and Galactus is leagues above Odin. awesome

skygunner41
Apparently not above Thanos though. whistle

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Well Odin is omnipotent and Galactus is leagues above Odin. awesome

Dunno about that. Thor's chased Galactus off. Odin > Thor > Galactus = Sentry.

I'd go with Manhattan. stick out tongue

Mindset
Galactus just didn't want to fight Thor anymore so he lied about being hurt.

skygunner41
Galactus just didn't want to fight Thor anymore so he lied about being hurt.

I was wondering where did Galactus learn to lie ?By whom ?

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Dr. M was implied to be god minus the omniscience.
Dr. M is omniscient no expression

Enyalus
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Dr. M is omniscient no expression

Only with regard to himself.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Enyalus
Only with regard to himself.
Nah.
He sees the past, the present and the future as if it were seconds.
But there are things that are meant to happen. Thus he did not bother stopping the events that unfolded in Watchmen series.
He didn't really give a damn about us petty humans anyways.

GalacticStorm
Sentry

Original Smurph
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Dr. M is omniscient no expression No, he's not. He says so himself in the interview, prior to being accused of being carcinogenic.

His view of the future was blocked by tachyons, he didn't know that certain friends/enemies had cancer, he was surprised by the result of Veidt's plan unfolding. All of these things imply lack of omniscience.

tkitna
Sentry has held the power of a cosmic cube and brought a person back to life with a wave of his hand. Dr. M created a city out of nothing and stated that he might create his own species of life.

Dr. Manhatten wins.

carver9
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry has held the power of a cosmic cube and brought a person back to life with a wave of his hand. Dr. M created a city out of nothing and stated that he might create his own species of life.

Dr. Manhatten wins.

I totally agree and it would take more than physical powers to drop manhantan

zeel
the good dr wins. cant hurt what you cant touch. between intangability and producing clones of him self, he will confuse the shit outta sentry. Physical abilities are not enough for the blue penis! Creating life is not a issues with DR M at least in the movie. He even claimed to go off to another galaxy to start to create life or at least that was a idea he had. HE can also increase his size and im talking about hieght not his dick.

Doctor-Alvis
Dr. Manhattan came off as more powerful to me. He seemed like he understood so much more than any human could and knowledge is totally power.

Slaanesh
Dr. Manhattan is better

Enyalus
A million exploding suns would vaporize Manhattan.

skygunner41
A thousand exploding suns would vaporize Manhattan.

Fixed.

Enyalus
Yeah, that would work, too.

Original Smurph

Based on?

Enyalus
Based on?

Please, not you, too. The Dr. M wanking has to stop. Him surviving a blast that would probably take out half a galaxy?

No.

Mindset
Based on? exploding sun > blue dick

Original Smurph
Please, not you, too. The Dr. M wanking has to stop. Him surviving a blast that would probably take out half a galaxy?

No. Why not?

I'm not saying he would survive.

We simply have no idea.

psycho gundam
half a galaxy that's a pretty small galaxy if it only contains 2 million stars.

times ten, that explosion might give eternity a slight itch.

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that's a pretty small galaxy if it only contains 2 million stars.

A million exploding suns. IE, supernovae. erm Pay attention!

Naija boy
Seriously though, who the hell at marvel thought it would be a good idea to claim sentry had the power of a MILLION exploding suns? How did they possibly think theyd integrate him into mainstream teams like the avengers while livng up to that absurd billing? erm

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Seriously though, who the hell at marvel thought it would be a good idea to claim sentry had the power of a MILLION exploding suns? How did they possibly think theyd integrate him into mainstream teams like the avengers while livng up to that absurd billing? erm

No kidding. I mean, I've seen Demogorge state he had the power of a thousand suns. And Galactus state his attack had the power of the fire of a thousand suns. But a million exploding suns? Really? ****.

Mindset
Well they eventually changed it to thousand for no reason.

skygunner41
Next time maybe 10 exploding sun.Way to go Sentry.

Enyalus
Well they eventually changed it to thousand for no reason.

I know Ultron referred to it as a thousand when she was fighting him. But they changed it back right after. They've re-changed it again? lol

Naija boy
Whats also funny is how sentry will refer to himself as having the power of a million exploding suns during battle and proceed to get owned. Case in point his fight against blue marvel.

Doctor-Alvis
Query: So what?

LDHZenkai
I saw nothing that hinted that anything could hurt Dr. M. He can exist anywhere and everywhere in the universe at the same time and can create, as far as we know, an infinite amount of copies of himself with the exact same powers. It's also stated he can walk on the sun with no ill-effect.

Lord Feron
Going with the doctor. He was completly obliterated by his own power somehow, (sentry can not replicate that and even if he did) Dr. M easily came back together "one of the fisrt tricks he learned." Also his TK was pretty damn impressive. He was able to dissasemble a tank and mash it together. It would one thing to just rip a tank in hanve but he was able to physically and quickly disassemble a tank in a second. That is impressive control.

not sure how he made people into a bloody stain on the floor but he might be able to do it to sentry of course with more effort but doesn't seem like something sentry would be naturally resistant to but then again there aint no proof.

IMO Dr. M takes it for the majority.

Xplosive
Probably Dr. M, but he is so annoying character.

Mindship
In addition to Sentry's superphysical abilities, doesn't he also have light/radiation powers (and when were these used)? In effect, isn't Sentry a brick who can also manipulate energy? (as if the million-exploding-suns wasn't enough)

occultdestroyer
Dr. Manhattan wins.

Sentry is not even intellectually on the same level as Dr. M.

Kris Blaze
Never saw Dr.M revive anyone.

It wasn't really implied that Dr.M was god either, a scientist said it.......k....

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
implied that Dr.M was god either, a scientist said it.......k....

In Sentry #1 a scientist said Sentry was omnipotent. biscuits

Mindset
That's a Marvel scientist, it's different.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Dr. Manhattan the feat less wonder loses.

tkitna
Whats also funny is how sentry will refer to himself as having the power of a million exploding suns during battle and proceed to get owned. Case in point his fight against blue marvel.

You mean the fight Sentry won? http://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/nixweiss.gif

Enyalus

Um. Sentry won by falling out of orbit from where BM punched him, and divebombed him from behind when he was fighting the other Avengers...

tkitna
Um. Sentry won by falling out of orbit from where BM punched him, and divebombed him from behind when he was fighting the other Avengers...

laughing

Seriously, is that the best you could come up with?

Enyalus
It's what happened. *shrug*

tkitna
So, the Sentry fell back to earth (mysteriously emitting sonic booms before he hit orbit) and just out of coincidence, he fell on Blue Marvel?

Put the crack pipe down and click these links as its obvious you didnt read the book.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1188/albm05011.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5131/albm05012.jpg

Mindship
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Dr. Manhattan the feat less wonder loses. He's got some feats, and the point of this thread anyway is to infer ability beyond what's been shown.

Original Smurph
Dr. Manhattan the feat less wonder loses. "Dr. Manhattan the loss-less wonder wins."

If I've never seen someone lose before, how can I assume I'd beat them?

Not that this is relevant to the thread, just pointing out faulty logic when I see it.

Naija boy

After saying he had the power of a million exploding suns he was oneshotted into space by BM. Later when BM is fighting Ironman and wonderman he charges down and rams him while he is unawares. Im just saying that with a million exploding suns powering him, he shud be able to cough and kill BM not get punched into orbit.

LDHZenkai
Dr. Manhattan the feat less wonder loses.
Yea except that whole multiple clones, observing the speed of neutrinos, cloning himself, blowing up things, talking about walking on the sun, stating he could see his future, and that he see's time all at once and not in a linear manor. Oh yea he also said he was going to another galaxy to create a life form of his own to study. But besides all that he really didn't do anything. Oh wait, he also said that he can reconstruct himself even if he is blown up, disintegrated, and whatnot....and then he did it. That feat less doctor manhattan.

Enyalus
So, the Sentry fell back to earth (mysteriously emitting sonic booms before he hit orbit) and just out of coincidence, he fell on Blue Marvel?

You missed the part where I said he 'divebombed' him?

tkitna
After saying he had the power of a million exploding suns he was oneshotted into space by BM. Later when BM is fighting Ironman and wonderman he charges down and rams him while he is unawares. Im just saying that with a million exploding suns powering him, he shud be able to cough and kill BM not get punched into orbit.

Fair enough. I get where your coming from.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
Yea except that whole multiple clones, observing the speed of neutrinos, cloning himself, blowing up things, talking about walking on the sun, stating he could see his future, and that he see's time all at once and not in a linear manor. Oh yea he also said he was going to another galaxy to create a life form of his own to study. But besides all that he really didn't do anything. Oh wait, he also said that he can reconstruct himself even if he is blown up, disintegrated, and whatnot....and then he did it. That feat less doctor manhattan.
Yeah, see, Manhattan is already over the hump. If Sentry had this altered perspective, which I kind of assumed he did at first and was a reason for him being insane to begin with, I'd be more inclined to believe he could go places with his alleged powers. You don't see Dr. Manhattan doing this "punch out" crap, that's bush league for him. Your atoms dissipate just as easily as the next person's.

SupremeMan
So a character who by implication can do anything versus a character who by implication can do anything? A draw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.