What is currently the state of the galaxy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
I don't read that many post Episode 6 books, but what is the current state of the Star Wars galaxy?

Is it under control of the sith? Is the GFFA still there? Are the Jedi still there? etc. etc.

Lord Lucien
The Sith control the galaxy through the Empire. The Empire itself is divided between those loyal to the Sith usurpers and those loyal to the Emperor-in-exile, Roan Fel. The Galactic Alliance has been reduced to a Rebellion again, for all intents and purposes, with the Jedi once again having been purged and their numbers dwindled to like a few dozen or so--if that. The Empire-in-exile and the GA are "allies" in a sense against the Sith, who had sabotaged a bio-engineered project of the Yuuzhan Vong to instigate old fears about the Vong and started a war between the Empire and the GA (the Empire won). After they won, the Sith who had helped them backstabbed them and seized power for themselves.

See Wookieepedia for details.

mattatom
-EDIT-Lucien pretty much got it all.

Though your name is quite ironic IMO.

Hewhoknowsall
Wow...so it seems like this will be the trend:

Republic forms
Sith come
Republic goes into disarry/Republic falls
Sith enslave galaxy
Jedi almost go extinct
Rebellion!
Sith are defeated
New Republic forms
Sith come
etc. over and over again

huh

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Wow...so it seems like this will be the trend:

Republic forms
Sith come
Republic goes into disarry/Republic falls
Sith enslave galaxy
Jedi almost go extinct
Rebellion!
Sith are defeated
New Republic forms
Sith come
etc. over and over again

huh

Though if we are following the LotF novels. It's at peace (I think) at the moment.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by mattatom
-EDIT-Lucien pretty much got it all.

Though your name is quite ironic IMO.

smile

Captain REX
The events that Lucien have detailed are the furthest down the line in Star Wars history, 137 BBY. There's about a hundred years unfilled between that and 41 BBY, which is the LOTF novels.

Hewhoknowsall
137 BBY? Is it a prequel?

mattatom
137 BBY? Is it a prequel?

I think it was a typo, twice :P I think he meant ABY.

Hewhoknowsall
i know.

So then, how long will it be before the GFFA overthrows the Empire thanks to some Jedi hero, a new order is established, and the Jedi reformed? And then what? Another civil war/Sith leading an empire/outside invasion will cause the Republic to fall apart again? And then another sith comes to power?

Sometimes I think that it would help if the Jedi

1. destroy the sith
2. set up a new, stable Republic with a super strong army
3. disband
4. that way, the sith can't form because they are extinct and usually the sith would come back from extinction because a jedi turns to the dark side, but there aren't jedi anymore.

mattatom
The galaxy would get bored without Sith.
That and the writers would have to bring back an old adversary, or create a new one to cause havoc.

Captain REX
Oh, wow, yeah, I meant to say ABY.

As for the Jedi disbanding, that would probably be detrimental to the Galaxy as it is. Someone somewhere would discover their abilities and let them mount into something dark and twisted for gaining power.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Captain REX
Oh, wow, yeah, I meant to say ABY.

As for the Jedi disbanding, that would probably be detrimental to the Galaxy as it is. Someone somewhere would discover their abilities and let them mount into something dark and twisted for gaining power.

EVERY time in which the galaxy was enslaved (except for the Infinite Empire, but they used the dark side) was by sith.

mattatom
Not up to date with my reading but didn't the YVH manage it?
Someone help me out here?

Lord Lucien
EVERY time in which the galaxy was enslaved (except for the Infinite Empire, but they used the dark side) was by sith. Well them and the Yuuzhan Vong. They didn't win, but 365 trillion dead is wow.

And what's YVH an acronym for?

Red Nemesis
Vong? Maybe?

mattatom
Typo, sorry. Meant YV.

At least I was nearly right about them.

Nactous
pretty bad

Hewhoknowsall
So yeah, this is the almost fool proof way of insuring that the galaxy is safe (if the writers weren't to intervene and create some new crazy scenario, which they obviously would)

1. Beat the new Sith Empire (it'll happen eventually, trust me) and I mean beat them and annihilate them COMPLETELY
2. Make the republic very stable, with good, caring officials
3. Make the army VERY powerful, but tons of money of researching, and maybe even somehow rediscover Jango's genetic data and reform the clone army
4. Disband (the Jedi)

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by mattatom
The galaxy would get bored without Sith.
That and the writers would have to bring back an old adversary, or create a new one to cause havoc.

mattatom
Your point is what Nemesis?

Red Nemesis
You'd already countered his 'list' of things to do to stabilize the galaxy. Him posting the same thing twice shouldn't lead to a different answer.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
You'd already countered his 'list' of things to do to stabilize the galaxy. Him posting the same thing twice shouldn't lead to a different answer.

I know that they won't do it because then they couldn't make more star wars books/more money. I'm just saying.

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Oh sorry hadn't worked out what you were getting at without an explanation.
I know that they won't do it because then they couldn't make more star wars books/more money. I'm just saying.
Really? I thought they wrote novels/comics and games to please the fans!

Gideon
YVH = Yuuzhan Vong Hunter. A type of droid that was designed to... well, I'll let you piece it together.

They are allegedly on par with an experienced Jedi Knight.

mattatom
Originally posted by Gideon
YVH = Yuuzhan Vong Hunter. A type of droid that was designed to... well, I'll let you piece it together.

They are allegedly on par with an experienced Jedi Knight.

In I think it's Betrayal in the LoTF novels Jaina, Ben and Zekk (sp?) manage to take out three (I think) but then I don't know how 'experienced' they were then.

Captain REX
To be honest, I don't see how disbanding the Jedi would help anything. That would not keep the Force from existing. The Dark Side drives its followers to attain power, whether they are Sith or not.

Anon E. Mous

1. destroy the sith
2. set up a new, stable Republic with a super strong army
3. disband
4. that way, the sith can't form because they are extinct and usually the sith would come back from extinction because a jedi turns to the dark side, but there aren't jedi anymore.

How would the Jedi create a "super strong army"? Remember the clones? And another thing. How would they destroy the sith? There are much more Sith than in the Star Wars TPM-ROTJ. The rule of two doesn't apply anymore.

Anon E. Mous
Sorry, I forgot something. How would the Jedi "disband" as you say? The only way I can think of is for them all to commit suicide, or for one to murder the others, then kill him/herself.

Any thoughts?

Hewhoknowsall
I meant they destroy the sith first (which alone is easier said then done).

They might restart the clone army using whoever the Legacy era's version of Jango Jett is (some powerful guy, maybe even a jedi) and this time not implant order 66. Or they could just spend a TON of money on military funding sorta like the USA.

But then again, it still might not work, and once you disband it's hard to revive the order if they're needed.

Anon E. Mous
I say good riddance to the jedi. The galaxy got along pretty well without them (order 66).

What would be a situation that the jedi would be "needed"?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Anon E. Mous
I say good riddance to the jedi. The galaxy got along pretty well without them (order 66).

What would be a situation that the jedi would be "needed"? Lorn Pavan felt the same way. Then a Jedi saved his life.

And then there was the whole 23 years of oppression on a galactic scale. Wouldn't be that if the Jedi were in control.

Anon E. Mous
I guess you're right.

Spudman43
Originally posted by Anon E. Mous

What would be a situation that the jedi would be "needed"?

First of all, Jedi are supposed to be like cops. They are supposed to keep the peace. Even if the Sith were destroyed, the'rd still be crime.
I've also come up with a list of things the star wars novelists should listen to...

1. Start off with minor territorial Jedi/Sith War
2. Introduce invading, Force-hating aliens to galaxy
3. Make Jedi and Sith team up to fight invaders
4. Make them settle their differences later.

Darth Rex
Good points Spudman

The jedi weren't just there to fight the sith there also meant to be peackeepers sorting out differences and unrest across the galaxy they wouldn't disband unless "the force told them to"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.