Nimrod vs Doomsday (DOS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who Wins?

golem370
Doomsday first two or three Nimrod the rest

Grinning Goku
Doomsday wrecks nim ROD.

SoulDevourer
this coud be very very long fight lol

Survivor19
Bump

guy222
Nimrod

Hyperion Prime
Nimrod incinerates him. He also could easily bfr Doomsday. NImrod also learns constantly and he also never can be killed same way twice.

Survivor19
You mean downed the same way twice.
Because i don't remember an instance where Nimrod was outright killed.

Pink Robot ftw.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Survivor19
You mean downed the same way twice.
Because i don't remember an instance where Nimrod was outright killed.

Pink Robot ftw.

thumb up you are right he has never been killed.

Galan007
Nimrod ftw.

imo, a character who can slap around classic Juggernaut like a weak feeb, would own DoS DD just as easily.

leonidas
and someone who slaps around the jla beats down nimrod. big grin

nimrod's never been shown to deal with the speed even dos showed and he can be injured by overwhelming physical force. if colossus can crack him, once dd gets his hands on him, it's definitively over. imho. smile

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
and someone who slaps around the jla beats down nimrod. big grin Ew.. Sans Superman, calling the characters DoS DD wrecked, 'the JLA', makes my stomach turn. sick

Survivor19
What makes you think Nimrod'll let Doomsday tag him?

From the other hand, Nimrod can easily BFR DD to the orbit (without touching him), then hack military base and shoot nuclear rockets at him or something.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Ew.. Sans Superman, calling the characters DoS DD wrecked, 'the JLA', makes my stomach turn. sick

jonzz (bloodwynd) and guy were part of the wrecked bunch. that's not TOO bad . . . i forget the others, but he demolished them--handily. meh, i get your point, but still--i can't see nimrod coming close to doing what he did to even THAT jla roster. erm

What makes you think Nimrod'll let Doomsday tag him?

well . . . because everyone who's ever fought nimrod has touched him? confused

yeah, cuz he's done THAT several times . . . anyway, how exactly would he just bfr him?

Survivor19
So, Doomsday is entire team with various powers who are hard to predict altogether and who can assault Nimrod in various ways so that bruisers can get close?

In my memory he'd done that once.
In X-Men+Hellfire Club vs. Nimrod battle in Central park. He'd done that to Show.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nimrod.

shokosugi
DD kills Nimrod

Nestical
Nimrod ftw.

imo, a character who can slap around classic Juggernaut like a weak feeb, would own DoS DD just as easily.

qft

Kris Blaze
Nimrod ftw.

baka

leonidas
So, Doomsday is entire team with various powers who are hard to predict altogether and who can assault Nimrod in various ways so that bruisers can get close?

bruiser with more speed than anyone nimrod has faced and who is FAR stronger than colossus, who literally crushed his armor. and dd is hardly 'just a bruiser'. he was adapting on the fly in that battle. people always sell dos short, but he evolved as that battled progressed.

i really have no idea what you just said there. regardless--dos took the combined powers of booster, jonzz, guy, superman and fire who's output is pretty impressive at times) and was never even FAZED. hell, even maxima, who's tp has ko'd ORION, couldn't stop him.

nimrod could not adapt to the gravity attack used against him in that hellfire battle alone, nor could he counter rogue who, in that juggernaut arc (where, i won't even mention, he didn't use his shield . . .) completely WRECKED nimrod. even amped as rogue was she was nowhere near that combined group of jla'ers. hell, the new x-men took him out recently, again piercing his armor and again showing teh limits of his ability to adapt!

this thread is a combination of nimrod's ability to adapt always being GREATLY overrated on the forum, and dos almost always being UNDERRATED. here nimrod's fighting someone who ALSO adapts (and yes, even dos was adapting in that battle, getting faster, stronger), who's decimated the jla (which, say what you want, included a high level GL in guy), is as fast or faster than superman, is stronger than superman and is far, FAR more durable than that armor which has been breached on multiple occasions. and i've still no idea how you think nimrod would bfr him, though if he could i guess that would count as a cheap win . . .

if guy's ring couldn't find a weakness and didn't pack the sh!t to take dd out, you really think NIMROD can do it? the way you're talking, it sounds like you think nimrod could take out the hunter/[rey version as well . . .

meh. whatever makes your day, but i can't see nimrod having any chance here.

leonidas
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
baka

facepalm

The Nuul
Nimrod ftw.

leonidas
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Doomsday wrecks nim ROD.

Philosophía
leonidas is kicking all kinds of ass here. smile

Galan007
jonzz (bloodwynd) and guy were part of the wrecked bunch. that's not TOO bad . . . i forget the others, but he demolished them--handily. In all fairness, I don't remember Bloodwynd doing much at all against DD - and didn't 'DoS' take place before Guy had really done many noteworthy things (can't recall right off hand.)

Anyhow, some of the others characters were:
Booster Gold
Blue Beetle (the shitty one)
Maxima
Fire/Ice

It's really not a very impressive roster, imo.

meh, i get your point, but still--i can't see nimrod coming close to doing what he did to even THAT jla roster. erm I could.

leonidas
In all fairness, I don't remember Bloodwynd doing much at all against DD - and didn't 'DoS' take place before Guy had really done many noteworthy things (can't recall right off hand.)

nah. guy had loads of feats by that point. and he was a complete non-factor in that battle. don't forget--it was also shown retroactively that dd had already KILLED loads of lanterns BEFORE meeting with this group. dos was a REALLY bad mofo . . .

maxima (who is in ww's and superman's class and has DEFEATED orion))/fire/ice/guy/bloodwynd (didn't do much but was STILL jonzz and was ko'd too early to do anything . . .) is pretty respectable. not the big 7, but not nearly as bad as has been let on. in his brief stint, bloodwynd had some pretty decent feats. it's taken MUCH less than that--on panel--to dispose of nimrod. seriously--what feats of nimrod's make you think he could take out a group like that, or someone like dd? rogue using colossus and nightcrawler literally decimated him in a couple panels, leland nearly solo'd nimrod when his gravity control almost overloaded him and took him out. nimrod didn't even take out juggs--he was merely hurting him and had juggs used his shield, nimrod couldn't have done anything at all to the big lug.

well my friend, we'll agree to disagree. smile

Survivor19
To think about it, except gravity based attacks that will remove DD from ground, nothing in Nimrod's standard package will put him down. Still, i give Nimrod a possibility of assembling BFG that will kill DD, given time.
Moreover, Nimrod is exactly that kind of opponent who will see nessesity of gravity-based attacks.
So, can DD repel them?

carver9
nah. guy had loads of feats by that point. and he was a complete non-factor in that battle. don't forget--it was also shown retroactively that dd had already KILLED loads of lanterns BEFORE meeting with this group. dos was a REALLY bad mofo . . .

maxima (who is in ww's and superman's class and has DEFEATED orion))/fire/ice/guy/bloodwynd (didn't do much but was STILL jonzz and was ko'd too early to do anything . . .) is pretty respectable. not the big 7, but not nearly as bad as has been let on. in his brief stint, bloodwynd had some pretty decent feats. it's taken MUCH less than that--on panel--to dispose of nimrod. seriously--what feats of nimrod's make you think he could take out a group like that, or someone like dd? rogue using colossus and nightcrawler literally decimated him in a couple panels, leland nearly solo'd nimrod when his gravity control almost overloaded him and took him out. nimrod didn't even take out juggs--he was merely hurting him and had juggs used his shield, nimrod couldn't have done anything at all to the big lug.

well my friend, we'll agree to disagree. smile

Maxima was whipping doomsday ass. Maybe you need to look at that fight again. She only got dropped when superman interviened

leonidas
Originally posted by carver9
Maxima was whipping doomsday ass. Maybe you need to look at that fight again. She only got dropped when superman interviened

she smacked him around some--it was a GREAT showing for her--but nothing makes me believe she had him in any real trouble. and as i said--maxima is IN superman's class. someone capable of taking out orion SHOULD have laid down some damage. imo, she--alone--would take out nimrod, handily.

carver9
she smacked him around some--it was a GREAT showing for her--but nothing makes me believe she had him in any real trouble. and as i said--maxima is IN superman's class. someone capable of taking out orion SHOULD have laid down some damage. imo, she--alone--would take out nimrod, handily.

She might could but I was just correcting you. The little part of the fight that was shown, doomsday didnt land a punch. She dominated him the entire fight; hell her showing against doomsday made superman look like sh**.

It wasnt good for you to bring her up.

leonidas
She might could but I was just correcting you. The little part of the fight that was shown, doomsday didnt land a punch. She dominated him the entire fight; hell her showing against doomsday made superman look like sh**.

It wasnt good for you to bring her up.

better to leave her out and pretend she didn't show up? confused

again, it does nothing to damage what i was saying. AFTER handling the league AND battling superman for an extended period of time, THEN max showed up and had a GREAT showing. was dd in trouble? i don't think so at all. she roughed him up like superman did, but again--she SHOULD have, she was in his league. i think handling the league, then superman, then max then superman AGAIN, only shows how powerful even this 'lesser' version of dd really was.

carver9

again, it does nothing to damage what i was saying. AFTER handling the league AND battling superman for an extended period of time, THEN max showed up and had a GREAT showing. was dd in trouble? i don't think so at all. she roughed him up like superman did, but again--she SHOULD have, she was in his league. i think handling the league, then superman, then max then superman AGAIN, only shows how powerful even this 'lesser' version of dd really was.

i think nimrod could also take out that supes since he did get koed by a gas station. If nimrod was to repeat what he did to juggernaut on THAT superman, he wouldnt have lasted even 5 minutes in a battle like that.

leonidas
i think nimrod could also take out that supes since he did get koed by a gas station. If nimrod was to repeat what he did to juggernaut on THAT superman, he wouldnt have lasted even 5 minutes in a battle like that.

the question isn't superman vs nimrod (if you think nimrod takes supes, well . . . open a thread see how well THAT goes for you wink ) it's nimrod vs dd, so i have no idea where you're going. the gas station thing was late, and he'd already been weakened so . . . who cares? confused

on topic--dd wins this fight handily, imo. you disagree, that's what makes the forum go round . . .

Raoul

i have to agree. and as you said, there was the green lanterns too...

leonidas
Originally posted by Raoul
i have to agree. and as you said, there was the green lanterns too...

have i mentioned how you always been my favourite mod lately pr . . .?

love

Enyalus
Maxima's in Diana's weight class. Neither are in Superman's...

And, it was one GL, wasn't it? Guy. Prior to him doing much of anything.

Raoul
have i mentioned how you always been my favourite mod lately pr . . .?

love

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Enyalus
Maxima's in Diana's weight class. Neither are in Superman's...

And, it was one GL, wasn't it? Guy. Prior to him doing much of anything.

we're referring to dd's little trip to oa...

Galan007
don't forget--it was also shown retroactively that dd had already KILLED loads of lanterns BEFORE meeting with this group. dos was a REALLY bad mofo . . . That's IF you believe DoS DD was at full/maximum power. I, however, am of the mind that he was not.

My reasoning:
Bertron stated that DD is fed/nourished by solar rays - and he can store said energy for a millennium (2,000 years) if need be. But the events of the DD annual you're referring to (including DD's imprisonment) took place 200,000+ years before the events of DoS. (ie. DD had not seen any type of solar radiation for THAT long.)

So if what Bertron said can be taken literally (and there's no reason to assume it cannot) - then we can logically say that DD was more than likely not at full power. Actually, I'd say we can assume he was quite emaciated (as far as his energy levels are concerned.)

imo, of course. smile

well my friend, we'll agree to disagree. smile Fine by me. wink

Philosophía
I don't think anyone's contesting the fact that Doomsday wasn't at the level he was displayed in the Year One issue. At least I hope not. ermm

Anyhow, his durability was pretty insane, and when I'm saying this I'm specifically reffering to the instance of him tanking the combined assault of Guy, Superman and the others with practically no effect. Too bad most people have the 'he was downed by DoS Superman' in mind and generally underestimate him.

leonidas
That's IF you believe DoS DD was at full/maximum power. I, however, am of the mind that he was not.

My reasoning:
Bertron stated that DD is fed/nourished by solar rays - and he can store said energy for a millennium (2,000 years) if need be. But the events of the DD annual you're referring to (including DD's imprisonment) took place 200,000+ years before the events of DoS. (ie. DD had not seen any type of solar radiation for THAT long.)

So if what Bertron said can be taken literally (and there's no reason to assume it cannot) - then we can logically say that DD was more than likely not at full power. Actually, I'd say we can assume he was quite emaciated (as far as his energy levels are concerned.)

imo, of course. smile

Fine by me. wink

philo said it right--i'm not claiming he was at--or really even all that close to--that level. he WAS gaining power quickly though and imo, based on his feats in that dos arc, he was still quite a bit beyond the ways nimrod has been portrayed.

on a seperate note, re: max not being in supes league--maybe not superman HIMSELF, but in his league? absolutely. she's basically has diana's warrior mindset, coupled with uber tp and a lot of magneto. she was CERTAINLY diana-level, and diana too, while not superman, is close enough in overall class for the differnece to be negligible.

leonidas

Enyalus
we're referring to dd's little trip to oa...
Oh. Sure. Awesome showing for DD there. But I mean, you basically had a Sherman tank with the most powerful weapon in the universe against about a thousand mini coopers with the most powerful weapons in the universe. Almost not a fair fight. stick out tongue

And the Guardian in that issue, going all out, only released as much power as 'a dozen hurricanes.' laughing out loud

on a seperate note, re: max not being in supes league--maybe not superman HIMSELF, but in his league? absolutely. she's basically has diana's warrior mindset, coupled with uber tp and a lot of magneto. she was CERTAINLY diana-level, and diana too, while not superman, is close enough in overall class for the differnece to be negligible.
Meh...there was a thread around here months ago claiming Superman was ten times stronger than Diana. While I don't subscribe to that logic, I do think its much close to him being twice as strong as her, rather than her being his equal.

Raoul
Oh. Sure. Awesome showing for DD there. But I mean, you basically had a Sherman tank with the most powerful weapon in the universe against about a thousand mini coopers with the most powerful weapons in the universe. Almost not a fair fight. stick out tongue

And the Guardian in that issue, going all out, only released as much power as 'a dozen hurricanes.' laughing out loud

laughing out loud

Meh...there was a thread around here months ago claiming Superman was ten times stronger than Diana. While I don't subscribe to that logic, I do think its much close to him being twice as strong as her, rather than her being his equal.

i think he's a fair bit stronger, yeah. not ten times as strong, but definitely a notch above her...

Galan007
philo said it right--i'm not claiming he was at--or really even all that close to--that level. Just making sure. stick out tongue

KillAll

anybody got any scans?

leonidas

this is off-thread, but i didn't say she was his equal, nor did i say she would beat him. out of 10 she would take a couple imo though, and you don't need to be equal to be considered in someone's class. least not how i personally view it.

trying to quantify is pretty impossible. is kal twice or 10x as strong as cap marvel then? diana and billy have been shown to be pretty much equals, as have kal and CM.

he's stronger than both, but both are strong enough to give him a lot of problems. i'd put max in that class as well.

meh. my point was dos dd's showing--looking at all involved--was STILL pretty damn impressive. more impressive than anything nimrod has done. hence the reason i think he wins this convincingly.

good discussion though. smile

Avlon
laughing out loud

i think he's a fair bit stronger, yeah. not ten times as strong, but definitely a notch above her...

When it comes to battles, most characters only equal Superman if he's holding back (even subconsciously) and they are going all out.

smile

Avlon

Raoul
Originally posted by Avlon
When it comes to battles, most characters only equal Superman if he's holding back (even subconsciously) and they are going all out.

smile

well, thats true of many characters, i agree...

darthgoober
Nimrod ftw.

Co-signed. The biggest guns DD took on in that arc were Supes and Maxima, and they were ko'd by an exploding gas station something like an issue later. That's undoubtedly a low showing for them of course, but it shows that they weren't really portrayed as being all that powerful during the arc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.